WW Clubs and Groups - #196 Bale of Turtles Doing Boot Camp!!

Itryharder
03-12-2008, 01:52 PM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at wwww.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

SCraver
03-12-2008, 01:57 PM
I AM THE TURTLE!!

(My sister and I are going to get T-Shirts made... we are slow runners... and I am slow at weight loss!) We need a turtle in the list of smilies...

Itryharder
03-12-2008, 02:05 PM
Hi Turtles,
Just a reminder to let you know that there were a lot of great posts at the end of thread#195 that you might not have seen. I started a new thread because we had gotten very long. Great work at chiming in. We're doing great.

First of all, I lost 1.4# this week and am thrilled. Well, I wanted to lose 32# this week, but came to terms with the idea that that was unreasonable. So, I knocked off the .2# I gained last week and I lost another 1.2# beyond that.
:cheer: :bravo: for :goodscale: This enabled me to get another star for my bookmark and has me down officially 20.2#. WW's is using my original joining weight from 2000, and that's okay. now I have about 13-14# to lose to get back to where I was in December 30th, 2007. I have to face the fact that I gained quite a bit of weight this year and face up to the idea that I know what works. So keep on wishing me well. Using e-tools has been a boon in keeping me on track and pointing out every bite I eat. Also getting a smilie face for my activity points tickles me and is working right now.

Bethz, :bravo: for your great loss :goodscale: of 2#. That's wonderful. Wow, I love the Biggest Loser challenge you've got going at work. Weigh to go! Good luck on this upcoming weekend. I'm sure you've got in mind good snacks to bring with you, an idea of how many 35 points you want to use, etc. Weigh to go!

Princess,
Have a wonderful time at your Mom's. Again, these family get togethers can be challenging, but you know what you're doing and you know the outcome you want. :goodvibes: Also :goodscale: for a WI near your Mom's.

Bandit, hi, sorry you're getting yet more snow shoveling activity points but I guess it's a good thing you're on holiday! Yeah, I like to check back with my recipes and see if there's something I haven't made in awhile that I'd like to make. I recently made another Impossible veggie pie--had some for dinner and packaged up and froze the rest. I've never tried freezing yogurt and I think it's a great idea.

Cherry, good luck with all that's going on. You can do this! :grouphug:

Chris, I'm thinking about you and so are all the turtles. :grouphug:. We can all do this: baby steps, lots of water, a little exercise here and there, planning and preparing and getting low cal snacks in the house.

INVU, thinking about you and wishing you well.

Good luck to us all. TAke care and be well.
Judy
234.6/213.8/thinner into onederland :cool:

Itryharder
03-12-2008, 02:10 PM
:welcome3: to SCraver!
Let us know a little about yourself and welcome to a fabulous group of supporters who know how to lose weight and how to encourage each other.
I'll start: I'm a retired teacher. Am married, three children, 3 grandchildren.
Love to read, quilt, and get support at this site. Live in NY and am trying to
include some interesting activities each month. I also like to cook :chef: and am working very hard in our Boot Camp Challenge.
1.record all food 2. step up exercise 3. Aim to lose a pound a week for a total of 15# down by July 4th.
Welcome again,
Judy

bandit2
03-12-2008, 03:08 PM
Welcome SCraver - I am sure will enjoy all the posts here.

Judy - nice job on your loss this week. Good for you!
And try the yogurt - I was impressed with it.

Today I had oatmeal & strawberries, and for lunch am having my spicy tuna on melba toast. Supper is going to be a T-bone steak, mushrooms w/onions, baked potatoe & a veggie. My gf is coming Fri instead of tonight so I am off to bingo with my mom.

Where is Lauren? Haven't heard from her in ages, hope I didn't miss something bad that has happed with her.

Remember journal & drink that WATER!!!

Princess1122
03-12-2008, 03:54 PM
Great job Judy! That is just too awesome!

Bandit: How do you make your spicy tuna? I need to try the yogurt trick, that sounds really good!

Welcome SCraver! Glad to have you with us!

SCraver
03-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Oooo... Freezing yorgart sounds tasty! There is a WW recipe for pie - using a tub of FF cool whip, Red. Fat grahm cracker crust, a packet of SF jello, and a 6 oz. container of yogart... Only 2 pts for 1/8th of the pie. Great summer time snack. Yummy too if you do like strawberry jello w/vanilla yogart = strawberries and cream, or orange and vanilla = orange creamsicle.

OK... a little about me. I am 29, married, no kids yet, my highest weight ever was 245 or so (I didn't like weighing myself at that time). I love learning new things - right now I am taking some credit free classes at a community college - one of which is a Cardio Kick-Boxing class. Whoo hoo! It is definately going to keep me motivated on the exercise end of things! I enjoy gardening, reading, swimming, going to the movies, 'hanging' with friends, and just about anything artsy craftsy. Yes, I like Pina colodas and getting caught in the rain...

I have discovered that my weightloss journey is not only about eating healthy and exercising, but also about looking with in myself to find the courage to change and grow both emotionally and mentally.

I am losing ewight very slowly and very steadily - but I will not give up! I will never go back to my old ways! I have found that there are many veggies that I actualy LIKE! Like these: :carrot: :broc:

Princess1122
03-13-2008, 09:10 AM
Morning all and happy Thursday! We are supposed to get to 60 degrees today! OH MY! I went to the gym after work yesterday... boy oh boy but it is hard to do four days in a row like I am trying to do this week... yesterday I just really had to push to get the 45 minutes in and then just barely made it. I will be going back today though for my last day for the week... I will try and space it out more next week. Food and exercise and water are all on track for the week. Today is the last day that I will be on-line until about Sunday or Monday at the latest so best wishes to everyone that weighs in on the weekends!

SCarver: The pie sounds great! I love making those kinds of things in the summer on the weekends as a treat! The classes that you are taking sound like a ton of fun... I have signed up for a yoga and Zumba class, they both start at the beginning of April and I am really looking forward to those. It is nice to meet you and I am very glad that you have joined our group. I am a project coordinator, along with many other titles :dizzy:, for a software company here in Indiana, I am married and have two boys they are 19 and 23 years old... I love animals and have three wonderful mutts that are spoiled beyond belief... Love to read, knit, work around the house, cook, etc. My step-mother lives in your neck of the woods, Torrington area, I was up there last year for a week in the summer to visit. Love that area of the country!

Well that is about it for me right now... I have to get to work but will check back again later on.

Have a happy day!
Princess

bethz
03-13-2008, 12:32 PM
Princess: You CAN lose 30 pounds and reach your goal by September!:carrot:

Been busy putting together a movie from music and pix for the boys' basketball banquet this weekend, also have some display boards with pix on them to celebrate the season. It is alot of work...but well worth it! Tonight is for resting and watching Survivor!

Having a good day at work today. Went and got some soup from the kitchen because it is cold in my office today. BRRR! (Could be from drinking all that water!) Had the points to spare!

B: simply quaker oatmeal, banana (5)
S: italian wedding soup, herbal tea (6)
L: turkey and swiss on rye, apple (9)
S: popcorn (2)
D: veggie salad with italian dressing, green beans, steak (6)
Water: plenty, I finish and refill my glass when anyone comes into the office
Exercise: one mile hall-walking

Have a great day everyone! :hug: Bethz

bandit2
03-13-2008, 02:09 PM
Hi everyone:

Princess - have a great time this weekend!

Bethz - you menu sounds yummy

SCraver - your pie recipe sounds great, will definately try this soon.

Today I made: Light jello with 1 cup boiling water & 1 cup skim milk (instead of cold water) 2 points for the whole thing!

Going to my cousins tonight for dinner, so will be eating light throughout the day. We are having a "slumber party" with her 2 daughters so that will be fun. I know there will be snacks & drinks but I will be accountable and journal what I have. This will be my biggest challenge this week.

Have a great OP day!

Lizabeth2
03-13-2008, 03:57 PM
Hello all! I have had a bad stomache week and therefore could not do the points. It is discouraging not to be able to stick to WW and then have to pay two weeks when I go back without a loss. I wonder if I could just keep doing it on my own and come here for support? YES! I have the books and point finders. I do need to weigh in and count and keep food track. I started exercise this week again and need some today. Will do! I do love the support of the people at class though. I will succeed! A mountain is only as large as your mind wishes to make it? Am I on the right track? Thanks all. :hug:

Itryharder
03-13-2008, 06:59 PM
Hi Turtles,
Liz, sorry about your stomach ache. That's not fun! You'll be feeling better soon and be right back on track. Glad you're chiming in. :goodvibes:

SCraver, slow and steady wins the race. Down 14# is wonderful. I also love that you're tracking your miles. It's fun to see the visual.

Bandit, you've got so many good food ideas. :chef: I hope you don't mind, but I'm heading up to Canada to join you for dinner and a T-bone tonight. LOL. I love the idea of light Jell-o and have never heard of doing that before.
I'm making it to help stretch my points tonight. Thanks.

About Lauren,
She chimed in here a few months ago and sounded good, so I'm assuming she's okay and is simply posting in another spot. I really loved her and Lin and wish they'd come back, and we haven't heard from Ariana again, and they're all good people. :cheer:

Princess,
I like the idea of yoga and may get out a tape that I bought that I haven't even opened. Honestly the last time I hurt my leg so badly that I thought it might not be the right exercise for me. I'm wishing you good luck. You're doing great with your exercise. I'm really thinking about what you said about getting in the exercise 4x in a row. I'll be facing the same thing. Yesterday I got carried away from doing a million things, only got to do one mile on the :tread: and then went out last night. I'm going to hit the :tread: once I'm off the computer because we're entertaining this weekend and then we're grabbing a couple of days at the beach again before it gets crowded. Although we walk in town, it's not the same intensity or distance as I do on my machine. So it's doubly important that I get on the machine today and tomorrow before my company comes in.

Okay, really gotta go. Glad to hear Boot Camp is working out.
Had lunch out and had a portobello mushroom with mozzarella on a bun and loads of veggies. However, I think I may go back to a salad with grilled chicken because the cheese was pretty pointy when you combine it with the calories of a bun. Hmmmmm. Food for thought.
Take care and be well. Princess, have a great weekend away. We'll all be thinking of you.
JUdy
234.6/214.8/thinner into onederland :cool:

bethz
03-14-2008, 11:06 AM
Good news on the scale this morning... lost 3 pounds this week!::carrot:

Had a good on plan week, got most of my exercise and plenty of water in!

Son returns overseas on Thursday! Will spend the weekend with us, then set out to Boston to see his sister and visit with his children...has been great to have him around. His teen brothers enjoy him so, and look up to him. We all will look forward to his eventual return to the area late this year or early next year.

Lots of company coming to visit, and the basketball banquet on Sunday...a busy weekend ahead!

Will check in on Monday. :hug: Beth

CherryAutumn
03-14-2008, 11:52 AM
Hi Turtles,
Good to hear so many are really working the program and seeing results.

Beth- Wow. Congrats on the 3 pounds lost.

Liz - with that frame of mind you will succeed.

Bandit- a "slumber party" sound like lots of fun

Princess - that is great that you are staying on track

SCraver- that pie sounds great. My highest weight was 232

Judy - Sounds like you are doing great with the boot camp challenge. It is fun to read all the ideas and encouragement from everyone.

SCraver
03-14-2008, 01:28 PM
Lizabeth2: Ooo... Tummy aches are the worst - easpecially when you are trying to eat right. I see you are out in PA = I have some family that lives out that way, near Altoona (They live in Roaring Spring and Martinsburg.)

Bandit2: MILK in your jello? hmmm.. I will have to try that sometime, just for curiosity's sake (it is probably lower cal than vodka! Lol!)

Princess1122: I know where Torrington is! I actually have a friend that lives near there - of course, in CT everything is near everywhere.

Yesterday, I parked at my sisters house and walked/jogged to my Cardio Kick-Boxing class (they're both on the same street - it's just under a mile) and I loved it so much, that I think I will do it for the rest of the classes!! (My bum and legs are sore today!!)
Then she and I went to Red Robin - I ordered the turkey burger. I thought this would be better than cow. But then I got the fried onion straws on it... Mmmmmmmmmmmm...
BUT! I only had half!
How many points do we figure that is? 12???
I don't feel bad at all. I kicked and punched my way through class - I am sure I burned up some points!

Itryharder
03-14-2008, 01:39 PM
Bethz :goodscale: :bravo: :cheer: Weigh to go! That's a fabulous loss.
Enjoy the banquet and boys home and all the festivities. It sounds great.

SCraver, jogging to a workout class sounds very boot camp to me! Weigh to go. A little soreness reminds us of how good we've been. LOL>

Cherry, glad to see your post. How are you doing?

All goes well here. Hit a couple of eating snags last night, but I'm far from perfect, counted everything in, and am on track this day. :tread: for one hour and three miles. Hey, for a granny I'm mighty proud of myself.
Lots of company this weekend and I'll check in when I can.
Boot Camp--Here we are!!!!
Judy

Lizabeth2
03-15-2008, 10:12 AM
I am back to healthful eating as of today. Only a 2 lb gain and that will be gone soon!!! I have veggie soup on cooking for dinner and will make salad. Need some protein to go with it.
I was wondering if anyone takes glucosamine for joint problems? I took some this week and I have been hubgrier than a bear just out of hibernation. I have decided I'd rather do weight lifting than be that hungry.
I am really proud of all the weight losses this morning and Beth, you will be so glad to see your son! Was he in war zone? I hope not. :cool:
Today is big parade in our town (St. Pat's) and the young drinkers will be out in full force. Sad--over what once was a family day. I don't mind a drink myself now and again but they don't know when to stop. (get down off of my soap box)
I wish you all a good weekend, with good food, family and health. Luck of the Irish!
:hug:

Itryharder
03-15-2008, 11:40 AM
Lizbeth2,
Glad you're feeling better and that gain will come right off once you're back OP. I know what you mean about St. Patty's Day.

We're having a party here (corned beef in the pots already) today. Unfortunately my ds and his family won't be able to make it again. Ugh. We haven't seen them since Thanksgiving with all the kids getting sick and my ds being so overworked. I have to get up and over it to have fun with the people who can come, so as soon as I finish up here, I'm heading to the :tread: to "work out my emotions".

Have a great weekend, Turtles, and enjoy yourselves and let's keep on Boot Camp Strategy!
Judy
234.6/214.8/thinner into ondederland :cool:

bandit2
03-15-2008, 12:49 PM
Hi turtles:

Sounds like everyone is pretty much on track which is excellent.

Had dinner at my cousins Thurs & had a few too many wines & last night my gf came for dinner & we had sole, peas & scalloped potatoes (out of the box)
but counted everything properly and had my jello for dessert (no wine - since I was still alittle hungover from the night before) - back on track today.

It is absolutely beautiful out today, nice & sunny & I will be talking a long walk this afternoon.

Hope everyone behaves over the weekend.

Itryharder
03-15-2008, 03:13 PM
Bandit, I love that you want us to behave! I got on the :tread: and did my three miles. I counted out all my food so far and in 40minutes my party guests are arriving for corned beef and cabbage that I'm making. I checked to see how many points are involved and how much I can eat within my points, so keep your fingers crossed for me that I can put my plan into action.

Glad the weather is finally cooperating up in Canada and that you'll be able to get a walk.

Turtles, here we go to Boot Camp! Record everything, get in some exercise, drink lots of water, and plan and prepare. Baby steps all of us!
Judy

bandit2
03-15-2008, 04:34 PM
Judy - your dinner sounds yummy. And I read somewhere you burn more calories digesting cabbage than consuming it - so fill up your plate with cabbage!

Got my walk in & felt great to be out and actually not be freezing.
Really looking forward to spring this year, we have had the harshest winter in like 50 years.

Have a great day!

Princess1122
03-15-2008, 07:50 PM
Hi Turtles! I just had to jump on really guick to see what is going on... just got home from up north, had a nice time and got lots of stuff done that we needed to take care of.

I got up this morning only to find that my TOM had arrived... I was very dissapointed and was just going to skip W/I... but the voice in my head, must be the drill sergant from boot camp... LOL, yelled at me to get my butt to the WW and get on a scale. So my mom and I got in the car and went over so that I could W/I... I was down 1 pound... even with my TOM... I was thrilled, it sure is not much but I will take it!

I have to get caught up on everyones posts, I will try and do that tomorrow.

Have a great evening!

Itryharder
03-16-2008, 12:24 PM
Wow Princess, I am so impressed. You made time out of your busy schedule to find a WI center even with TOM smacking you in the face. To have a :goodscale: is so wonderful. I figure with all the circumstances you are down a lot more than 1# and that true loss will show up at next week's WI.
Weigh to go!

I counted out all my points from food eaten yesterday, dipped into the extra 35 which I fully expected to do, and didn't have any surprises. Yay! Now the challenge is to avoid leftovers and eat a true WW style day--0 point soup for lunch--lite multigrain muffins--maybe I'll make a WW style pizza out of the muffins and lower fat cheese. I'll see, but I've got tiny apples to snack on and all sorts of good food in the house that will help me reach my goal. I'm trying positive self talk. Can you tell?

I'll be absent from this site for a day or two, but I'll catch up with you all shortly. Take care, Boot Camp it each day, and let's all do our best.
Judy

CherryAutumn
03-16-2008, 10:14 PM
congrats princess on the weightloss and getting yourself to go despite TOM.

Judy- Great job counting all your points from yesterday

Bandit - good to hear you got a walk in.

chrily
03-17-2008, 01:04 AM
Honest ladies. I left a huge post a few nights ago and then when I was done...it wouldn't post because the server or something was busy. Anyhow, I can't remember what I even said. I know I was trying to decompress after taking my 2 hr marketing test (that didn't go so good).

Hope everyone is well. I'll read through your post and get myself caught up a bit on what's been happening.

Princess1122
03-17-2008, 11:47 AM
Morning all and happy Monday! And happy St. Patty's Day!

Very busy weekend, I did a ton of house work yesterday... the house was just plain dirty from the usual winter dirt and clutter plus not being able to do anything for so long with my neck/back problems. But since Easter dinner is at our house this year I got up yesterday and cleaned for about 11 hours straight... then went and got some groceries... I am a tired pup today but I will get through it.

I did not get to the gym this weekend so it will be 4 days straight again for me this week!

Liz: I grew up in Reading, Pa... are you close to that area?

Judy: Good job on counting all of your points! I know it is hard but it really works! Have fun with your travels!

Cherry: How are you doing?

Chris: How are you doing?

SCraver: How do you like your cardio kick boxing class? I was thinking about trying something like that...

Bandit: I'll bet your walk outside was fabulous! I know how you feel... it is so nice to see the sun and a bit of warmth.

Beth: How was your weekend with all of the company and everything that you had going on?

Ariana: Are you still out there? Check in if you can, I am eager to get your input and see how you are doing.

I will check back on my lunch break. Have a great day all!
Princess

bandit2
03-17-2008, 02:22 PM
Princess - nice job on the loss & good for you for getting soooooooo much housework done!

Judy - nice job on the counting, really does make such a difference.

I fell off the old ww wagon the last few days of last week. One snack lead to
another which lead to just plain overdoing it - same old song!
And it showed on the scale this a.m. Was up 1.2# - good thing I got in a few walks on my holiday.

Goal this week: Drop at least 2#, get in 3 walks, focus on better choices,
journal & stay OP "ALL" week.

Have a great St Patrick's day!

SCraver
03-17-2008, 05:42 PM
Princess1122: I LOVE my kick Boxing Class... the first day was scarey. I knew how to do the kicks and stuff, but it was still hard to follow. The second day was much better - and now I am SO glad I have it this week to help me get back on track after my very bad weekend.

I was a very bad turtle this weekend! I drank like a fish and ate like a pig! Actually- I didn't eat much as far as quantity - but it was all rich, high-cal/high point food. I don't even feel a LITTLE guilty. I had fun! Now it is back OP. I think this is the hardest - being good after being bad!

Riddle for you: If one beer is 3 points, and I walked two miles to get to the parade, how many beers did I drink this weekend?
Answer: No one was counting!

bethz
03-17-2008, 08:24 PM
Weekend went well. Made great choices. Planning was KEY to success! Had one bite of cake at the buffet, but counted the point and went on with it...

I DO feel like I'm winning the "battle". It is becoming easier as time passes and I see results. I think that childbearing, complacency, age, and probably addictive tendencies being brought up in an alcoholic family contributed to my weight problem. I really want to be healthier and live longer.

Sneak peak at the scale shows I am down another pound from Friday weigh in. I have my Biggest Loser weigh in at work tomorrow, so I'll let you know how that goes.

Oldest son left for Boston area today to visit sister and his children. Will miss him...and it certainly will be quieter around here..."quiet" being a relative term. He returns to deployment on Thursday.

Did well today with eating...had leftover stuffed cabbage vs. corned beef and cabbage. Found it easier to control portions. Take care everyone! Talk to you soon! :hug:Bethz

Princess1122
03-18-2008, 09:30 AM
Morning all and happy Tuesday! We have short week this week due to Good Friday and the office is closed... yah! My mom is coming in for the weekend and holiday so it should be a fun weekend.

I am starting to have problems again with my neck and back... it is really starting to hurt again. I am going to call the doctor today when they open up to see what can be done. I pray that it was just the car ride and that it will get better but I have to be honest... it seems to be getting worse by the day. Blah!

SCraver: Thanks for the info on the kick boxing, I sure hope to get to a point that I can do stuff like that again...

Bandit: You know, even after doing all that house work on Sunday I look around the house and see a million things that I missed or just did not pay attention to... LOL, I guess it is a never ending battle. Spring is now just two days away!!! Yeah!

Beth: My thoughts are with you and your family... I can not even imagine what it must be like to have a child or family member in the service right now. Great job that you are doing on the weight loss though!

Judy: I hope that you are having a blast with whatever it is that you are doing right now :D

Chris: How are you doing? How is school going?

Cherry: What is new with you?

I have to run but will check back later on...

bandit2
03-18-2008, 11:39 AM
Princess - hope your neck is OK, maybe you slept on it wrong or something simple like that. You have been through so much with that. Keeping my fingers crossed it corrects itself.

Hope everyone else had a OP Monday & off to good start this week!

CherryAutumn
03-18-2008, 01:46 PM
Hope everyone is doing well. I wrote a post yesterday but could not get it through so i thought i would just post something small for now. I got a new WW scale and so as a starting weight was at 219.6 and today since it is weigh in day i am 217.0.

chrily
03-18-2008, 05:11 PM
Cherry, I keep having the same technical issue as you too.

Well ladies, all is well here so far. I feel just so nauseous and light-headed right now. I got a letter in the mail that is both thrilling and scary to me.
I have been nominated by my faculty advisor for a place in Sigma Beta Delta. It's an international honor society for business, administration, and management. I would love to accept the nomination but the only problem is that I have to get up in front of a room full of people and be presented with my certificate and honor cord. What do I do? The thought of being in a room full of people makes me sooo nervous, I'm already feeling sick. I am so paranoid and ashamed of the way I look at my weight. As a fat and super shy person, the last place I'm going to feel comfortable is in front of a bunch of people. Makes me want to cry. I feel awful that I feel that strongly about my weight issues. It is holding me back so bad....

Well, I guess I'm looking for what to do. I just don't know...

Christina

Princess1122
03-19-2008, 09:24 AM
Morning all and happy Wednesday... it is raining cats and dogs here... lordy! Flood warnings all over the place! Ugh! Well, I guess this is what I get for wanting spring to come to badly :D

I am leaving the office today to go see the doctor about the whole neck/back issue, I am hoping that he has some suggestions to stop it in it's tracks before it gets really bad like it was before. We will just have to wait and see I guess.

Suggestion to those that are having trouble posting... only a suggestion here... but how about if you type it out on a word document then log on to this website and just cut and paste it into a reply window. Sometimes I think that when we have the longer posts the server times out on us... I could be wrong though... at least by doing it on a word doc you would have the post and not loose it all the way.

Chris: I think that if you let this opportunity go by you will regret it somewhere down the road... I could be wrong but that is the feeling that I get. I would just accept it, buy yourself a new outfit or a new blouse to go with a pair of slacks or a skirt that you already have - I am sure that you will look fabulous! If you have to make some kind of speech then just keep it very short and to the point, no harm in that. When I graduated from college in 2002 I was at my highest weight ever... I was like 265 if I remember correctly. I was ashamed of the weight gain and I don't do well at public speaking either... luck was with me and I did not have to speak but I had to get up in front of my family, friends, fellow students, etc. and it was hard, very hard. But looking back, I would have been crushed if I did not attend and I would have regretted it, I had worked my butt off for that degree, worked full time, raised two kids, and went to school full time, I deserved that day and so do you! Just try and use this as a light-bulb moment to get on the wagon and get moving on the weight loss... again, just a suggestion but I would hate for you to miss such an awesome opportunity.

Cherry: Great job on the loss! Keep going!

CherryAutumn
03-19-2008, 12:00 PM
Princess- I hope the doctor has some suggestions on how to help you with your pain. Thanks for the encouragement and also the suggestion on posting.

Chris- I am so sorry you are dealing with this. I wish that i had words of wisdom. I to have a very hard time dealing with being in large groups of people and hate to have people looking at me. Maybe that is what is behind my constantly sabatoging my weightloss. Maybe i don't want to draw attention. I hope you don't turn down this opportunity.

bandit2
03-19-2008, 01:00 PM
CHerry - Down 2 - good for you!

Princess - hope your neck gets better super fast.

Chris - congrats on your nomination. You should be very proud of yourself and even though it will be hard for you it would be much more difficult to deal with the fact that you didn't go, later on. JUST DO IT - you will glad you did.
People are there honouring you not judging you. Listen to Princess, she has good advice.

Hang in there, everyone!

SCraver
03-19-2008, 02:14 PM
Chris: I know how you feel. I did not care for my bridal shower years ago... too many people looking at me at once! (And those were people I knew!!) But what an honor and an achievement!! Congratulations!! Going to school is hard enough, but to then receive honors! Excellent! DO IT! Accept it and hold your head high. It is about your accademic achievements and not a beauty pagent. You have worked hard and you deserve this! I do not think anyone will judge you for your weight = and if they do, then they are :censored:
And I agree with pricess1122 that you would regret it later if you didn't.
Just think how good you will feel when it is over!

Princess1122
03-19-2008, 03:09 PM
Howdy all! I just got back from the doctor... hmmm, was really hoping for some options... and I got them, again, be careful what you wish for... LOL. This is what my options are:

1) More spinal injections - this time they go in through the front of my neck instead of my back... Ugh!

2) Go to a Chiropractor that specializes in my condition - basically they manipulate the bones and do not make "adjustments" to them... what ever that means! With this option I take anti-inflammatory's and pain-meds... Not too bad of an option...

3) Go to a spinal surgeon.... Ugh!

4) Some kind of nerve med's - have no idea what they are or what they do... Blah!

I picked option 2 and if that does not work then it is on to option 3.

He says that the disk is still degenerated, nothing is really going to stop that except surgery... and the inflammation is coming back and that is what is causing the nerve to get pinched again. So there we have it... I just wanted to lay my head down and cry, not sure what I expected, I guess just something more positive then basically "we can do all of these options but most likely you are going to end up with surgery in the end".

I need to modify my goal a bit for boot camp... the exercise part of it anyway. I will still be going to the gym but I am going to lower the amount of days to 3 per week and lower my intensity level a bit... I will aim for 30 to 45 minutes of walking on the treadmill and maybe a bit of riding the bike but I am going to stay off of the elliptical for a while.

I have to run, I just wanted to check in quick.

bethz
03-19-2008, 07:07 PM
Chris: CONGRATULATIONS on your accomplishments!! You received this honor in spite of your weight issue...no one is going to be looking at your weight, they will be there to celebrate the achievements of you and other honorees. The people who love you don't care, and you shouldn't care what the other people MIGHT think...It sounds as if you have so much to be proud of...I weigh more then you, and I would be there! Here is my push out the door>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Princess: Not much you can do with degenerative disease...chiropractor sounds like a good idea...Prayers being sent your way! Hope I'm not being a pain in the neck...:D (Just kidding...better to laugh than cry!)

Cherry: Good for you on the 2 pound loss! Keep it up, girl!

I had a 1/2 day today for some ME time as son was visiting his children. Was really relaxing. Made chili for DH and boys. Had a leftover turkey sandwich myself. Did well pointwise today. Did not exercise though. Lost 2 pounds for biggest losers at work. Official WW weigh in on Friday, won't be as dramatic. Have a great evening.

Itryharder
03-19-2008, 07:57 PM
Bethz and Cherry, :goodscale: for both of you. 2# down in a week is wonderful!

Princess, I'm sorry to hear about your neck and back. Yes, option 2 sounds the best and adjusting boot camp will work for the best. :grouphug:

Chris, you are being recommended for this honor because you deserve it. Please concentrate on that and don't let this wonderful news pass you by. Your loved ones all know what you look like and they love you. You are working on your weight and should be commended for that as well. We all have moments that you are describing, but I trust that you'll have the strength to do the right thing for yourself. :hug:

I'm back from Montauk Point, NY. My dh, dd and dgrandson and dsil all spent the last few days out there. Ocean, sand, cold and windy, but we were still able to take walks and enjoy each other's company. Now I'm babysitting tomorrow and then trying to pull Easter together real fast. My friend is bringing the ham and my dd a dessert and my other dd a sweet potato dish, so what I have to do is much less than other years and I know I can pull this off! In the meantime, I'm so proud of the Turtles and all the good work we're doing.
Bandit, I'm thinking of you and my weight is up this week, for sure. Now I've got to get back to exercising and keeping track of points. I can do this!
Be well and happy,
JUdy

chrily
03-20-2008, 12:18 AM
Princess---OPTION 2! OPTION 2! Get a needle poked through your neck just makes me all sick to my stomach for you. Surgery sounds about as appealing. You poor thing! My brother had back surgery and he says the one thing (even after the surgery) that makes his back feel better is exercise. Of course his was a blown disc in his lower back. May be a little different, huh?

Cherry-I often wonder if I sabotage my weight loss too, just so that I can keep attention OFF of me. Probably has to do ALOT with my past. I think we are some sort of twins.

Bethz, Judy, Cherry, Princess, Bandit, and SCraver...okay! I will go. My husband even told me its an opportunity I would definitely kick myself in the butt for if I did not go to the ceremony and accept my certification. I'm kind of still in "WOW! I was picked for something" mode. You spend your whole life not being picked or picked last and it is hard to believe that I was actually chosen. It's just kind of surreal.

Well I guess I will use everyone's advice and use this as an incentive to really work on my weight loss goal too. I have alot to do...and I'll have to go shopping. I do not own any dresses, slacks, or nice shirts, no dress shoes. I need a haircut also. I really don't take care of myself like I should. I know.

Looks like you all are having a great week. I think I'm going to start walking on the track or around the neighborhood a few nights a week. It's getting nice enough out to get some fresh air. Well gotta read my ethics books and help Tiana with her math homework. Talk to you all tomorrow or something...

Christina

Princess1122
03-20-2008, 09:33 AM
Morning all and happy Thursday! Today is actually my Friday as far as work is concerned... we have off tomorrow for Good Friday... Yah! My mom is coming in this evening for the weekend... yah! We are not going to have as many for holiday dinner as we thought, only 6 that I know of, makes things much easier. We are going to have the dinner on Saturday as my mom wants to head home early Sunday morning... works for me, that will give me Sunday to relax and get ready for another work week.

I have started on my med's, they are not very kind to my tummy but I will keep at it in hopes that they will help.

Chris: Good for you! Awesome accomplishment and a huge congrats... I know how hard it is and you made me laugh a bit when you said that you were amazed that they picked you for the honor... I have always been the same way... always last or just not picked at all so I am truly surprised when I do actually get picked for something, not that it has happened very often but you know what I mean. LOL, Option 2, you are too funny... yup, the whole needle thing in my back was bad enough three times, no way I want to see it going into my neck. Exercise seems to aggravate it and I am not sure why... I have to look into what I can do that will help it instead of hurt it I guess.

Judy: Your vacation sounds wonderful! the beech is lovely and calming just about anytime you go but when the crowds are down it is even more so. Very glad you are back though, we always miss you when you are away.

Beth: Loved the joke! You are right, I have to laugh, no matter what, it is way better then crying or feeling sorry for myself... that which does not kill me makes me stronger :^: Good luck at your W/I!

Bandit: How are you doing? Any plans for the weekend?

Cherry: How are you doing this week? Any plans for you for the upcoming weekend?

SCraver: What is new with you?

Well all, I have to try and get some work done this morning but will pop back on later on. Have a happy day!
Princess

Itryharder
03-20-2008, 12:12 PM
Hi, I am here, but running around like crazy and can't post right now. I'm heading to :tread: because I'm up three real pounds and the best way to start to get them off is to exercise.

:bravo: and :cheers: to the good news here and :grouphug: for all else!
Judy

SCraver
03-20-2008, 02:10 PM
Yay! Chris, I am glad you ahve decided to accept the award! Good for you!

Princess1122: that really stinks about your back. I had to watch my friend go through back surgery. She had two disks replaced with a newer procedure they do. It still boggles my mind how they can do that. But she bounced right back and with in a couple months of her surgery, she was pregnant and 8 1/2 months after that had a healthy baby boy! So - if you do get stuck with surgery it sounds like they have a lot of options.

I have RAGING DMS today (not PMS, but During MS) - Lol! I am tired, achy, cranky, and SO HUNGRY! I am eating a montster salad loaded up with green peppers, cucs, tomatoes, broccoli, and a pork chop. Do you guys find that you crave what you eat - meaning, if you eat crap all the time, you crave junk food, if you eat healthy, you crave healthy food? B/c I wasn't going to let anyone stand btwn me and that salad bar today!!

HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SPRING!!! :flow1: :snail: :df:

bethz
03-20-2008, 07:22 PM
Glad you chose the salad over the junk!! I have the cravings with PMS, DMS, Post-MS and NO-MS times of month. LOL I tend to like to alternate salty with sweet with salty...etc

Blustery snow out the window today...would someone please let mother nature know it is SPRING!! Was cloudy and raining when I went into work this morning. Sun is hiding out today... I would like to come out of winter hibernation, thank you...

I feel more like a slug than a turtle today, although I did do my 5 hallway laps around the school! Now I am down to zero motivation (except exercising my fingers on the keyboard). Will look pretty funny going around with skinny fingers! LOL again!

Had a good day today, drank my water, journaled, exercised
B: 2 eggs, 2 toast
L: spinach salad with bacon vinegarette
S: popcorn
D: stuffed cabbage...the last of it!!

Have a nice weekend everyone! Will be in touch. :hug:Bethz

Itryharder
03-21-2008, 10:49 AM
Chris, so glad you decided to attend your ceremony and receive your certification. Way to go! I'm also so happy that you've decided to get out and walk. That'll help your weight loss big time! :strong:

Princess, so glad your Mom is coming in for the weekend. It's wonderful how you're able to accomodate your family. Easter Sunday on Saturday should work for all of you. Right now I'm hosting Easter dinner, but won't know how many until tonight. It's okay and I'm getting help from my friend who's bringing the ham and one dd who's bringing a dessert and another dd who's bringing a sweet potato casserole. I'll get the table set and I'll be out grocery shopping today and see if there's anything I can make ahead. I pointed out my macaroni and cheese dish and found that even making it with ffevaporated milk and ffmilk the points total 8points for a very small portion. I've gotta tell ya'--it's not worth it. I found a wonderful barley and wild rice and asparagus dish that I'm going to try for the first time and I'm making the original Kraft mac and cheese from a box which I won't eat, but the grandkids and my dh like better! Sounds like a plan. I have a feeling you'll need to protect your neck and back and maybe a physical therapist could suggest exercise which will help, but not aggrevate the condition. I am sending you :goodvibes: for a complete healing and that the meds provide relief.
Happy Easter!

SCraver, wow, it's great you've gotten yourself to a point where you crave good foods. That salad sounds delicious. Good for you for heading to raw veggies instead of that other stuff that doesn't help us one bit! :cheer:
Hopefully DMS will be soon gone.

Bethz, your weight loss is remarkable! Weigh to go. I was checking out your signature line and that's when I saw how much you've lost so far. Yay! Your menu sounds great. Do you make your stuffed cabbage in any special way?
I tried a WW rice and bean stuffed cabbage but wasn't too thrilled with it. So maybe you've got a good recipe.

Bandit, how's everything going on your holiday? Hope the weather is about to give you a break. Our weather today is cold but nice and sunny.

Hey, I just learned something. The reason our Easter this year is so early is because Easter is the first Sunday after the first full moon of spring. The next time Easter will be so early again is in about 225years and the last time Easter was so early was in 1919. Interesting facts--LOL. My ds's :hb: is on March 27th. and it's the first time I can remember his birthday coming after Easter.

I've been working hard on undoing the St. Patty's day feast and the use of my 35extra points. I got back on the :tread: yesterday and ate well. I still have two more pounds to get off and am working on it. Having Easter in the middle will be tough, but I've gotta take it one day at a time and baby step it and I should be okay. I've gotta make it okay because I don't want to keep this extra weight on. I'm not used to actually losing weight LOL and in my signature I've been using the wrong weight.

So, I'll wish you all a good weekend and a Happy Easter. Take care and be well.
Judy

chrily
03-21-2008, 12:10 PM
Hey ladies! How are we all doing today? My tummy is starting to growl, its needing some breakfast fuel.

I will have to agree...Easter seems odd this year. I was actually born on Easter and every 11 yrs it falls back on Easter. My sister, whose birthdate is 4 days after mine also has her's fall on Easter every 11 yrs, but she wasn't born on Easter. It's really odd.

Any cool Easter plans for anyone? We're going to the Easter service at church, eatind dinner with my SIL and then going to my sister's in-laws for the Easter egg hunt. Her MIL buys like 300+ eggs and the little kids to the hunt in her backyard and the older one's in the front. It's pretty fun. After that...back to my homework or maybe I'll just crash and watch a movie.

SCraver-Loved your DMS. I'm in the PMS stage right now, soon to be going into the DMS, and then I'll follow that up with a post M Stage (that would be the recovery stage...:D). The one part of being a female that I really really don't like.

Well I"m supposed to be cleaning house so I guess I should drag my hind end off this chair and in the wise words of Larry the Cable Guy...let's "git 'er done!"

Christina

Itryharder
03-22-2008, 11:46 AM
Chrily, that Easter egg hunt sounds spectacular! What fun!

My ds and his dear family can't make it for Easter, but my ddil was considerate enough to let us know early on Friday. Those toddlers and strep and all sorts of germs make it tough to get together. We'll still have fun here, but I feel for the family stuck upstate.

I did something interesting and revealing. I decided against making my macaroni and cheese recipe since it pointed out to 8 points. In its place I substituted a corn casserole recipe I've had sitting in my recipe book for ages.
Well, I just pointed that out and it comes to 7 points. Ugh! So, I'll be eating mashed sweet potatoes and carrots and ham and the barley and rice casserole (which is WW's and points out at 1 point--and I can't figure out how) and I'll have to watch the portions of everything and enjoy the company! That's what I need to get into my head. The food's nice, but the company is better.
Happy Easter and a lovely weekend to all.
Judy
234.5/213.8/thinner into onederland :cool:

bandit2
03-22-2008, 11:53 PM
Happy Easter, everyone:

It has been pretty cold up here but at least sunny and the snow piles are dwindling bit by bit.

Been a quiet weekend. My daughter is working for most of it but will be home for Easter dinner which is nice.

Have been organizing my basement still & getting rid of lots of old clothes.

Not been doing great with my eating. Not terrible - but could do better.

HOpe you all have a great Easter.

Princess1122
03-24-2008, 09:29 AM
Morning all and Happy Monday! The weekend went well, DS brought home his roommate from college so we had one more then expected but that was fine. Had a great time with my mom and we got in some shopping. W/I was just plain ugly on Saturday morning, the only thing I can figure out is that since it was the end of my TOM I may have been holding water but the scale showed me up 2.6 lbs... disappointing but I will move past it and keep going.

DH says he is going to get back on plan and try and be more supportive of me... his date to really get started is April 1st... we will see.

Sounds like everyone had a nice holiday weekend which is wonderful!

I am busy this morning so will have to skip my individual posts but will stop back by later one.

Princess

CherryAutumn
03-24-2008, 10:47 AM
Princess- that is great that your DH is going to try to be more supportive. Sorry that the scale went up but hopefully most of it will be water weight.

Bandit, Judy, and Chrily - Hope everyone is doing well and doing their best to just move forward.

Itryharder
03-24-2008, 12:16 PM
Princess, sorry the scale went up. That's just plain mean. In the meantime I hope your dh hops on the WW wagon because you two do very well together and his support will be a bonus. I wonder if TOM and your meds for your neck have interfered with your weight. Your next WI should be a good one.
Keep up your spirits. Wasn't that nice of your son to feel comfortable about bringing his roommate home from school? Sounds like you had a Happy EAster and good shopping to boot!

Cherry, how are you doing?

Bandit, glad your dd was able to be with you on Easter. Also big hurrah for the weather getting better.

I'm enjoying some crocus in my backyard and the tulips and daffodils leaves are starting to show.

My ds and his family called for Easter and we had a crazy and fun call. My dh riles up the kids with acting silly and they love it!!! In the meantime dinner here for EAster was really nice. Our guests left early, but that gave me some relaxing time at the end of the day. I did fine with points yesterday.
Used the 4points I earned with exercise and my daily total was fine. I'm afraid to step on scale, but I'll get over it.

Good luck to us all!!!!
Judy

bandit2
03-24-2008, 12:21 PM
Hi turtles:

Princess - sorry about your gain, but I'm sure things will get back down soon.

Sounds like everyone's Easter was great. Mine was as well, quiet but really nice.

I was also up this week .6# to be exact.

So here's to a great "turtle week" with everyone staying OP!

chrily
03-24-2008, 11:59 PM
This is rough for me. Them dang jelly beans keep pulling me in. I have at least vowed to avoid the chocolate and didn't eat a bunch of junky desserts yesterday. I did have a small piece of cheesecake but no potatoes, and only a small slice of ham...and I did manage to nibble on carrots. So that is almost behaving! ;) and I'm still hanging at my current weight of 233. Slightly depressing but I'm reaping what I'm putting in, so I should just put up or get off my hindend and work on it.

I have just been exhausted and totally drained the last few days again. I don't know why. I'm going to bed early, sleeping all night and still wanting more sleepy time in the morning and then I'm dragging all day again. I know I do have some inflammation in my hands and my upper arms but I usually don't get that tired from the aches.

I'm glad to hear everyone had nice Easters...sorry to hear bout the weight gains but hey they weren't very big and that weight will come right back off. Well Little People, big World is on now. I gotta catch up with the Roloff family. It's on TLC. They are such an awesome family. I would love to meet them someday. I really would.

Christina

Princess1122
03-25-2008, 09:02 AM
Morning all and Happy Tuesday! Not much news from the doctor that I went to yesterday, I go again today to see what the tests that he took show and hopefully he has a game plan on how to treat me... should be interesting.

Not much else is new here, spring is coming and not a moment too soon!

Hope all is well with everyone, have a very happy day!
Princess

bandit2
03-25-2008, 10:09 AM
Morning, turtles:

Well, I made it through yesterday totally OP so was happy with that.
I sent the leftover goodies from Easter back to school with my daughter -
still have abit of turkey but that's about it.

Biggest Loser tonight - I really like that show, but find it hard not to snack while watching it - you would think that would have the opposite effect.

Princess - good luck with your doctor appointment.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

And I hate to even say it, but we are getting more snow today. Not lots - about 5 cm & it is very cold again today.

I am definately ready for spring weather!

Itryharder
03-25-2008, 11:29 AM
Chrily, it sounds like you didn't do too bad during Easter. Here's a :cheer: to help with Boot Camp OP!

Bandit, wow, a complete OP day is worth :bravo: to you! Keep up the good work. Smart to get the Easter goodies out of the house. Sorry about the snow, but spring is almost here.

Princess, good luck with the tests. I've got my fingers crossed for you. In the meantime it's always great to hear Have a happy day from you!

I've got myself in the doldrums and have got to get out! I'm up a full three pounds. Having St. Patty's Day, trip to beach, and Easter all occuring so close together has undone the good that it took a month to accomplish. I'm stating my frustration here in the hopes that it will look so pitiful that I'll shake myself up, realize this happens, and get right back on track. I had a great day yesterday--exercise and food-- and the scale really hasn't changed. I think some of this is the salt from ham and I'm very affected by that. My dh is not at all, but I am. I put the ham in the freezer for now so that I won't be tempted to eat tiny pieces here and there. Okay, no more pity party for me. Boot CAmp--I'm right here! Now I have to get my head in the right place.

Have a great day. It's sunny here and although it's cold there are signs of spring in the air!
Judy

chrily
03-25-2008, 02:20 PM
Okay..so far the day is going okay. I actually exercised...ooooooohhhhh! I did 9 laps around the school track. I'll be feeling it later I'm sure. I so need some new shoes. I just need to do this. I keep walking around and seeing all these thin ladies wearing all these cute clothes and I so want to be them. Jealousy has reared its ugly head a bit, but more importantly, I'm really worried about my health. It seems like every article you read these days about health issues links back to being overweight. That's not a good thing.

Judy, don't worry! You'll drop those 3 pesky pounds in no time. I really believe that. You are a very inspirational person on here and I know you can do it. :hug:

Princess, echoing the sentiments of Judy...hope you have a good doctor appt and find out some stuff and get yourself all better. :)

As for the rest of you ladies...hope all is well! I must get back to the ol homework grind. I have so much to do....

Love ya,

Christina

Princess1122
03-26-2008, 09:39 AM
Morning all and happy Wednesday!

Looks like the sun is out this morning but it is still chilly, hopefully it will warm up soon! I am eager to get out and get some walking in and my dogs need to get outside also, I noticed they have really packed on some pounds over the winter months. Doctors appointment went pretty good yesterday, it will be expensive but I think it is the best route for me to take at this point... I have not been to the gym in about a week and a half so it is time for me to get my butt in gear and get back in there... today I hope is the day, just depends if I have to go to the doctor or not.

Everyone sounds pretty positive in their posts which is a good thing. Lets not forget our boot-camp goals, I know it is really hard, I really do. I have to kick myself on a daily basis to stay on track with everything and don't always manage but I will keep at it.

I have to run and get some work done but will be back on line later on.

Have a very happy day all!
Princess

Itryharder
03-26-2008, 03:41 PM
Hi Turtles,
I'm going to start a new thread since we've recorded so many posts. In the meantime I got to my WI and I was up 3.2#. Ugh. But I knew I would be.
The mtg. was good, the boot camp inspires me, and I've got to keep on keepin' on. Some emotional issues last night made it tough--but I'm more or less over it and I'm moving on!

Princess, glad the doc has some solutions for you. Yay! :bravo: And you're right about Boot Camp and our goals. It's tough--we all fall off a bit here and there--but the overall work is worth it.

Chrily, so glad you got out and walked the track. That's a wonderful accomplishment and 9 laps is huge! Weigh to go~

Okay, I'm opening the next thread--see you at #197.
Judy
234.6/217/thinner into onederland :cool: