Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 03-12-2008, 10:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/196/140

Height: 5'1"

Default Any Weight Watcher Maintainers??

Hello All,
I definitely don't belong on the maintenance forum "yet", but I've been browsing around here for the past several days because my goal is to be here someday permanently. I want to learn from those of you that have and continue to be successful with keeping the weight off!! I'm mentally ready to change my life for good!! I've been searching my heart over the past several weeks.......this has to work for ME! I think Weight Watchers is a good fit for my lifestyle...I have 4 small children at home. I have done WW and lost weight in the past, but have gained it back......which scares me!! I do NOT want to do this again. So, I'm just wondering if any of you here has been able to maintain a weight loss with the weight watchers program??

Any other recommendations as to a "plan" that will work long term!!

Thanks!
Zhai-Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 01:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Well, I still weigh-in once a month at Weight Watchers after reaching my goal in 2006, but I don't really follow Weight Watchers anymore. While I lost most of my weight on Flex, once Core became available, I started using it. Now I have different goals, and I eat somewhat differently than when I was on Core, but I can't say enough good things about the Core program as something you can follow for life.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 02:54 PM   #3  
Working My Way Back Down

I lost a lot of weight on WW, but have gained some back. That's why I'm here - I'm not gaining it back again! I think if you approach WW with the thought/belief it's how you're going to eat/live indefinitely, you'll do fine. It is a plan that spends some time - even if it's only 6 weeks - helping you transition from losing to maintaining, and gives you a vehicle for continued accountability (free monthly weigh-in). At the moment I'm pretty much doing Core, but counting points most days.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:42 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

There's a section for maintainers under the Weight Watchers area that you might be interested in.:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote