UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:29 PM   #1  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

Default Trying to get back the willpower for Summer!!

Well I lost majority of the weight I wanted to, but after trying maintenance/not losing weight but generally healthy.
But I really wanna lose another 7lb(half a stone) and get sorted for summer but after so long the same calorie controlled diet seems unachievable.

My BMR is 1300kcal but eating more than this seems to result in weight gain, but lowering to 800kcal for 1lb a week weight loss seems a too hard!

One of my biggest annoyance at the mo is my parents, they seem to get food out, like a huge biscuit barrel out every evening, or Ill come home and mum will have made a meal for me, which is nice but when it consists of chips and something, its not helpful.
I love food. I've JUST started doing 2 classes a week at the gym, but I don't see that making a huge impact.
I thought returning here might give me that extra push!
well Im hoping!

Hannah
angeleyezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 04:25 AM   #2  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

im on the same wave length, im fighting for a stones loss by mid summer. Average of 2lb a week, it seems achievable, I just have to find some of the determination and will power to keep it up. I guess thinking of all those summer clothes and not being all sweaty is a great starting point. Might try and find on of those body figures that show what ur like at different weights and stick one on me wall for remindance.

I have been in touch with a personal trainer, who has made me a program. Its a program i can follow a home based on the equipment I have there and waiting for me.

Gosh youve already lost quite a bit of weight... how did you do it before? perhaps you could maintain the same level of action and food intake?!
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 06:57 PM   #3  
44lbs gone!

Your not far off what Ive lost!
Well still nothing being lost
I was doing a really low kcal diet which now just seems to difficult.
I have been partaking in exercise class, not no joy with inches/scales
Old 04-02-2008, 06:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 176/162/119

Have you tried calorie cycling? You will find threads on it in the calorie counter forum, and some people find that really helps to break through a plateau by keeping the metabolism up. The problem with dropping your calories too low is that you can slow your metabolism down so much that it goes into starvation mode, and then you put on weight whenever you eat more than you are used to. Try not to think of going down too far in your calories, 800 sounds very low, possibly dangerously low. You don't want your body to start using up muscle in order to lose weight.

The other thing that people do to break through plateaus is exactly what you've started doing - more exercise. I think that this may help more than you think. Exercise boosts the metabolism too.

Keep it up, I am sure that you can do it with just a few tweaks to your current plan.

Pachyderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:04 AM   #5  
44lbs gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachyderm View Post
Have you tried calorie cycling? You will find threads on it in the calorie counter forum, and some people find that really helps to break through a plateau by keeping the metabolism up. The problem with dropping your calories too low is that you can slow your metabolism down so much that it goes into starvation mode, and then you put on weight whenever you eat more than you are used to. Try not to think of going down too far in your calories, 800 sounds very low, possibly dangerously low. You don't want your body to start using up muscle in order to lose weight.

The other thing that people do to break through plateaus is exactly what you've started doing - more exercise. I think that this may help more than you think. Exercise boosts the metabolism too.

Keep it up, I am sure that you can do it with just a few tweaks to your current plan.

cheers, Pachy. I have tried it in the past, all efforts have been futile tho, as on the higher kcal days I feel uneven about being higher and planned low kcal days have been ruined :S

It is something I wanna try and succeed at

LOL
Oh, I was glancing at a book at uni yesterday saying that a study(Diet induced thermogenesis in response to ingestion of equilateric loads and different macronutritents. Swami,, Nathan et al. 1985) undertaken showed that there was a 20% increase in metabolic rate with a diet high in Protein, low in fat, and about an 18% increase with a Carb and protein mixed diet and low fat. Just thought I'd throw that out there!

But bac to calorie cycling, I think instead of planning the days that Im meant to be low at I think Ill try to keep the low and if the day or two before was successful Ill top up my calories with a couple of snacks or a higher kcal, but still healthy meal, like a salsa vegetarian burrito! I've been gunning to make one for ages now!

But any who ALL of my uni work due in in the next few weeks, I feel stressed, eat more, get miserable, so prob not the best time to expect results?
I missed the gym this morning and seeing as It takes away my whole mornings, Im concerned that Ill get so panicked I wont got for the next month so Ill get my uni work sorted first
Old 04-06-2008, 06:00 AM   #6  
Slimming Down

S/C/G: 267/239/145

Height: 5"4

Congrats on the amount you have lost...
the remianing few pounds need a little boost.. as recommended by Pachy, just a small change, currently your body is stable, adjusted to the way of your life, food intake, excercise, and all.. what u need is a trigger, maybe more food intacke, not too much, plus more excerise... try dancing for 30minutes using ur Ipod..
just a thought.
Sharry is offline   Reply With Quote