Support Groups - Weight Loss and Chitchat # 290

View Full Version : Weight Loss and Chitchat # 290

Marti
03-11-2008, 01:45 AM
Hello and :welcome2: to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support :grouphug: and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. :gossip: So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.:yes:

upswife
03-11-2008, 08:50 AM
Jane~will be pryaing for both of you today. Hope all goes well.

Francie~good luck with the tests...and the fasting. LOL

sassy~hope you feel better soon!

tired this morning, did not get the second coat on last night, as the temp dropped and the first did not dry completely. will get a second coat on today, then after it dries some, I will bring it inside to finish drying. hoping we get a heat wave soon...this cold is killin' me!

Hugs to all

FluffyK
03-11-2008, 10:46 AM
Yes, a heat wave would be nice. I heard it's supposed to get up to 40 by the weekend. Party, party, party if it does!

suetalks
03-11-2008, 11:36 AM
Morning ladies..We are actually supposed to see 50's this week. So far it hasn't happened. :) Nothing much going on here today. I did my washing and ironing yesterday. Mopped and dusted over the week-end. So, I am actually looking for something to do today. NOT.

Jane- Add my prayers to the other JL's for you and Neal. The hospital stay won't be too long. Your work will begin when you get him home and have to care for him. So, try to get some rest while you are by his side in the hospital. Let those nurses do the running. :) Hugs to you both.

Ellen- Sounds like your re-modeling is coming right along. I might have missed it, what flooring did you put down in place of the carpet? You are getting your exercise that's for sure.

Francie- Hope the fasting goes okay and that your blood work does also. I was reading about your annoying neighbors..whew! Hope you can get a house when you move. We lived in Navy housing for awhile in CA, years ago. I loved it and had so many other wives to "gab" with. I remember the wives sitting out in the yard with kiddies playing all around. LOL We had lots of cook-outs with other couples or large groups. Was quite fun. But that was way back in the 60's so I am sure things are different now. People are too busy nowadays....

Marti- I hope you can get back on track and start journaling again. I started that last week, then missed over the week-end. I just can't get things going. Like you, I know very well what I need to do. I hate to keep saying it, but "waiting for walking and biking weather."

Krystal- Like you I am praying for a warm up. It was sunny yesterday, but not as warm as I had hoped. Even the sunshine improves my demeanor however. (except when the sun shines I can see that I need to wash windows) haha

Sassy- Hope you are feeling better.

Mindee and Cristina- Hi to both of you. Have a good day.

Trish- Wow, you did great on your JS. I hope WW goes as well for you.

Thinking of all the JL's. Good day and good week to all.

Took Mom to the Dr. yesterday and they are finally going to give her a nerve blocking shot. Just waiting for the Dr. to call with everything set up. The sooner the better. Only trouble is we have to drive to Indianapolis for the injection instead of his local office. It is worth it to finally try this method.

Going out of town tomorrow for an over night with DH. Meeting his sis and her DH at the riverboat. We are staying all night, but they aren't. Should be fun/relaxing. We had to cancel last time we planned this due to snow. I am doing the ANTI-SNOW dance today. LOL

suetalks
03-11-2008, 11:43 AM
:carrot::jig::cb::dance::dancer::cheer2::broc:

I have the whole crew doing the Anti-snow dance.

:rofl:

Marti
03-11-2008, 12:40 PM
Good Morning!

Sunshine and birds singing this morning! It's been beautiful Spring like weather here in Oregon. But of course the outlook for the rest of the week are clouds and rain.

Sue--I'm such a procrastinator.....and waiting seems to be in my everyday thought process when it comes to doing something that I know I should be doing. And I wonder why I haven't come close to my goal weight!! Keeping fingers crossed that no snow comes your way!!

Krystal--If you get warm weather,.....enjoy every minute of it!

Ellen--How is the remodeling coming? Forgive me for forgetting, but what room are you redoing? Our bathroom is just about done. It's been put on hold until hubby can get some time off...which has been hard lately since he's always gone! Our next room is the kitchen. Then I promised DD that we would paint her bedroom.

Good morning :wave: to the rest of you gals out there.

I need to clean up, then pack a lunch before heading off to work. Still walking and trying to eat better. I need to plan my menu for the week. Always helps. See....more things that I know I should be doing because I know it helps! Just gotta do it!

Must get back into the groove!

Ok....best be off.

Have a lovely day ladies.

FrouFrou
03-11-2008, 02:40 PM
Hello ladies...

JANE...thinking of you and Neal today. :hug: Charlotte liked both but we are making changes to the bags so everything goes. They go fine now but I am taking the white ribbon out and replacing it with black and then adding some fucshia tissue paper...she ended with the fushia color instead of hot pink so...hoping you get to Katie's shower this weekend and have some fun!

FRANCIE...hoping all goes well with the fasting and the appt. and with NS.

SUE...have a nice overnight with hubby.

Hi to everyone else :wave:

I was up bright and early this morning...only it was still dark, lol. I don't like this time change...to early in the year for it. Did most of my exercise this morning...thought I would change it up and do the Denise Austin dvd...man, the strength part is a killer but I got in 65 minutes before heading out to run errands. Went to Hobby Lobby and found a nice wedding frame for J & C, found the fuchsia tissue paper and black ribbon, hoping it's enough. Got the order of candles in today...they were sitting on the porch when I got home, glad it wasn't hot! Found some hersey hugs that are silver and sort of fuschia/hot pink...going to try and somehow write or print "Hugs & kisses from the Mr. & Mrs." on the little heart label on the bags...then order the kisses from hersey that say Thank You rather than just married. Anyway...going to help Charlotte more with things...do her invitations for her and then do some ribbons for the pew. Her mother is a mess and can't help...her husband asked for a divorce about 3 or 4 weeks ago and she is a mess so...anyway...enough wedding talk...probably boring everyone with it. Gotta go and finish my exercise...weights, rope and bike and then I am done with it for the day. Have more laundry to do, what a surprise, lol.

Have a good one!

upswife
03-11-2008, 02:48 PM
To all who asked we are redoing the kitchen...we were not planning on doing it so soon, but I got so fed up with the carpet in there that when I found that there was tile underneath I just started pullin git up. After I got the carpet up I realized that they did not follow the pattern on the tile and it looked so funny DH and I had a good laugh about it when I told him. So I priced a different tile to go over it and, found that we could swing it. The floor is a self stick tile, but it is a floating floor as it sticks to itself, and not the floor below it. We picked it because it has a little more cushion, and it is more comfortable to stand on. I am finishing up the baseboards that we decided to replace, and we have compromised with the cabinets to strip then, find new doors and leave it at that. We both would love new cabinets, but simply can't afford them right now.

our next major project will be the bathroom, altho not sure when. In October we will repaint the girls room(first room with color, and not very even) and the kitchen/dinning room. and hopefully I can get him to paint our room as well!

Have to run, will see everyone later. Sorry this is so long...I can get a little wordy. ((hugs))

Marti
03-12-2008, 01:49 AM
Evening ladies...

Just finished my walking/jogging. I actually jogged tonight....I upped my speed so I felt like I needed to jog. It wasn't as bad as I imagined (I hate jogging/running) I was able to power walk, then jog, then power walk and jog. Sweated terribly but boy....what a workout!

Eating was so-so today. I didn't have lunch (didn't get a break until way late and wasn't very hungry by then) and skipping a meal is a huge uh-huh for me! I need to make sure I eat so I don't go overboard at night. (that is where my bad habit of snacking comes in)

Cristina--I'm loving the time change. As I've mentioned earlier...it's Spring like weather already here in Oregon. They had rain in the forecast for today but it ended up staying sunshiny and beautiful. It was too bad that I had to work during most of it!

Ellen--I very much would like to tear up the carpet in our living room. It's an awful color for one, and the original hardwood floors are underneath! I would like to see what condition they're in. If they're not too bad, I'd like to refinish it and leave it wood, but if it looks like too much work.....at least replace the carpet until we can afford to redo the wood. Or something like that.

Hello to everyone else out there!! :wave:

Well, time to clean up and sit to a tall glass of water! I'm dehydrated.

Have a good night and I'll check in tomorrow!

tommysgirl18
03-12-2008, 02:16 AM
just popping in here quickly. I am trying to get to bed earlier then I have been, but I just peeked at the clock and it isn't working so well! I need to work on that now!

I will be on here sometime during the day on Wednesday....usually during nap time, unless I end up taking one as well.

Shopaholic1204
03-12-2008, 03:56 AM
Hey everyone!!!

Sue~Its like that still, for some people that is, lol. I dunno..maybe its cuz dh & I are anti social, or maybe its because none of our friends live around us..but we dont sit outside with anyone but each other, lol. But if friends come over, then we'll totally do that. But since we drink, we keep it indoors or hang out on the balcony (well..they drink I dont anymore, lol).

Fasting turned out to be fairly easy. I had major cramps all night long, so by the time I woke up, I felt sick to my stomach. Anyways...The blood test went okay. They filled up about 4 tubes of blood. The guy was messing with me..cuz I put my head back when he brought out the needle. And I told him that I didnt like needles, and he was all.."what about the tattoo on your wrists?" And I was like.."thats a different kind of needle. It doesnt even go into my skin." LoL!! But I did notice that dh had more ribbons than him, so I felt proud of my dh. :D OH, then afterwards..we went to UPS, and returned the package. We didnt have to pay anything because we never opened it. They just wrote return to sender on it..so now I'm just waiting for them to give us our money back. I'm just so angry at Nutrisystem. NEVER EVER will I sign up for something like that again. However..what do you all think of the Flat Belly Diet? I saw a story on the news tonight about it..and I'm thinking of doing it when dh is gone for 2 months. I was gonna do Alli, but I have no idea where it went, lol. I dunno..I just need to get back on track with stuff. I've been feeling pretty low lately since I keep working out and eating right, but havent lost anything. I think its mostly because of the depression & stress I've been under. But since I've started my new medication, I feel like my old self again. The side effects are even starting to go away, which is good. So I'm hoping that I can get back on track and really push myself to lose more weight. I really really wanna check out the Flat Belly Diet. But I wanna know what other people think of it. Let me know..

Anyways..I've rambled for long enough now. I better go to bed before I lose my connection. Nighty nite!!

sz2atheart
03-12-2008, 11:48 AM
I'm back!!!

Yes Jane...I had my eyes done,:cool: the reason for being MIA. I was so busy the week before surgery running errands for my mom, getting prespriptions filled and supplies in the house (Jane know exactly what I'm talking about as I see she has been doing the same for Neal's surgery) and working several 12 hr shifts in a row that I meant to stop in the day before surgery but was to wired. Surgery went off well. I had my upper and lower eyes done as well as lipo to my chin and neck and I added lipo to my bra fat and back areas at the last minute and let me tell you ladies....it was brutal. No matter how much weight I lose, I always hold onto the bra fat (I've always called it my extra boobs under my pits). The eyes were a breeze, no pain at all, just a little puffy, bruised but I can really see a difference. Very smooth under my eyes and my daughter has commented on how big my eyes now look without the buldging upper lids. If I was only getting the eyes done, it would be a piece of cake, the added lipo has been the killer. I have to wear a sports bra to compress the area under my pits and back and also a neck compression that straps up on the top of my head. Talk about a bad hair day!!! My visions has been a little blurry because I have to keep ointment on my eye lids, you blink and it's in your eyes. I haven't had much of an appetite, hard to eat with your chin all strapped up. Hey, maybe that's the answer to all our weight loss issues.....just strap your chin up, you can't open your mouth up very wide so it makes it difficult to shove anything in......if only it was that simple ;) Tomorrow will be one week post surgery and I have another week off to heal.

Jane--I hope Neal's surgery went well. I'm sure you will be busy taking care of him. Sending you both hugs :hug:

Cristina--I got on here the other day to try to read a few post. It didn't last long because it was difficult to keep my eyes open (Percocet works wonders) but I did see where you were trying to decide on songs. I listened to a few and bawled my eyes out. Gosh, the song "The man you've become" reminds me totally of my Justin. I was thinking of using "My Wish" from Rascal Flatts but may be changing my mine. I've enjoyed reading all about the wedding plans. It will soon be my turn :D

Well ladies....I've tried to read the last several pages of post to catch up but am too tired now to reply to all. Thinking of everyone and hopefully over the next few days will catch up with ya'll more. Now, I think I'll crawl back to my recliner and take a snooze.

tommysgirl18
03-12-2008, 02:53 PM
hello ladies...how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end. Brandon and Marissa are sleeping....but I am listening to my puppy, err I mean Logan, barking in his bed room. I did a lot of stuff today.....and all BEFORE Brandon got home from school! Now, I have no idea what in the world I am going to do tomorrow while he is in school!

His teacher sent a note home in response to one that I sent in to her on Monday, I believe it was. Brandon is doing great in school......BUT they are working on getting his thumb out of his mouth! Then she asked me if he sits or stands when using the bathroom. And I got him signed up for the mobile dentist that will be there in May. Then on April 4th, he will be getting his hearing and vision tested!

Tammy~ It is good to hear from you! I am glad that your surgery went well! I have the back fat and the muffin tops really bad! I told Tommy that if I could get lipo done and money wasn't an option, I would get my tummy done, my boobs back where they belong and maybe a little bit perkier, and my thighs done. Every thing else is pretty much work able......oh wait! I forgot about the arms that wave looooong after I have been done waving!

FrouFrou
03-12-2008, 04:09 PM
Hello ladies...

TAMMY...I completely forgot about your surgery, so jealous lady! I want my eyes done! You are going to be one hot mama at the weddings for sure! And yeah, that song gets me too! I don't think it matters what is played, I am going to be a mess. Told DIL to be and DD that I might as well not even do makeup, lol. My baby boy is getting married :cry: I'll have to check out that song...I have probably heard it but don't recall.

MINDEE...I've been doing the same. I think I am just about back to my old routine of going to sleep by 11:30-midnight and getting up by 7:30. I like it better because no matter what I do I get my exercise done first, or the majority of it. I think I forgot to answer your question about the wedding planning on the other thread...we are getting things done. Char is coming over Saturday and we are going to get the invitations done and mailed. She was going to wait until April and I told her, rather asked her if that was a little late. She doesn't know anything and then like I mentioned she doesn't feel like she can ask her mom for help because she is a mess with the divorce. I know it's hard but I think she should try to push it aside sort of and think of her daughter...it's her first DD and her first DD's wedding but she is no help. Anyway, I am ordering (and I hope I am not repeating myself, sorry if I am) the circles for the candles and the ribbon with their names and date tomorrow, or tonight...was going to do it today but time got away from me. Can't do the favors, the candles anyway, until I get that stuff. So right now I am helping V with the bestman speech/toast.

FRANCIE...I read about the belly diet in prevention, I get it in the mail...it sounds pretty good and the people seem to have good results.

ELLEN...your kitchen sounds nice, and once it is done I know it will look fabulous! Hey, it's amazing how just refinishing cabinet fronts and doors makes a kitchen look brand new! And just adding new handles and knobs too! Sounds like you guys have lots of projects coming up!

MARTI...the last two days it's been spring like weather but supposed to drop back down in the 50's. I have heard others talking about their tulips already up and it made me think of mine...just checked today and my daffodils around the street sign are coming up and the tulips in the back are too! Don't know where else I planted more, lol. I can't wait for spring though.

Not a lot going on today...did my exercise this morning before heading out to run some errands. Laundry to do and some reading to do and that's about it. The time has gotten away from me and I am only on book three for the month so gotta step it up, lol. I read Water for Elephants and loved it! Now I am reading A Winter Haunting and should be finished with it tonight...so far so good. One of the errands this morning was to the used bookstore...love that place...walked away with lots of books of course. When you walk in they always have 4 shelves of books 10 for $10.00 or $3 each and they are not really old junk so today we actually did get 10. SOmetimes I don't mind the used books because they are in great condition. They do have the new releases as well, so can't beat that. But I need to make a trip to Barnes & Noble. Anywho...

Have a good one ladies!

Shopaholic1204
03-12-2008, 04:58 PM
Tammy~You are so lucky!!! Glad it all went well. I wish I could have something done. Some lipo, or a nose & chin job. Dh is against it of course, he thinks I'm perfect as I am. But I hate my nose & chin.

Cristina~I love used books. I mostly go to Goodwill for used books. If I had some money right now, then I'd totally buy some. The book I'm reading now is soooooooooo boring. So I've just been reading all the mags I bought last week. I totally wanna get the belly fat book!! I want to look great when dh comes home after those 2 months.

Anyhoo...I'm gonna go watch the rest of this Lifetime movie. I just love Lifetime movies.

tommysgirl18
03-12-2008, 11:02 PM
just popping back in here quickly.

Cristina~ I agree with you about the getting to bed sooner. I have noticed that once I work out, then I get Marissa and Logan up and feed them breakfast. Then while they are eating, I jump in the shower and then I am ready to go for the rest of my day. I have a schedule written out and in it, it has my bed time as being 11pm or actually just after that when the news goes over with. But I am going to aim for midnight tonight.

Francie~ How are you doing?

Sassy_Chick
03-13-2008, 12:07 AM
Good Thursday Morning Girls!!! :coffee:

I am soooooooo glad that it is finally Thursday AM. Only 7 hrs to go and I'm off again. :carrot:

I've been busier than a one-arm paper hanger at work, lemme tell ya. Just now (knocking on wood) it has finally calmed down a bit.......

Anywho, weather is great, lets hope it stays that way!!! When I left for work yesterday evening, it was sunny and 60 degrees!!! :D Supposed to stay in the 50's all weekend, rain, but I can deal w/ rain. Kinda weird to see the piles of snow where they had plowed from our "Blizzard" last week and it was Sunny and 60 today. lol.

Well I will post more when I am off, probably on Friday night, when DH goes back to work. ;)

Big Spring :hug: to all.

tommysgirl18
03-13-2008, 01:57 AM
hiya sassy!! it is good to hear from you! I am sending you a big Spring :hug: as well!

Shopaholic1204
03-13-2008, 02:24 AM
Mindee~I'm okay, kinda been feeling gross lately. How are you?

Sassy~I hope you continue to have good weather!!

Marti
03-13-2008, 02:34 AM
Hi girls.

Did my walking today and did very well w/eating. Getting back into the groove. A little slow but getting there.

Tammy--Good to hear from you. I had no idea you were already getting your eyes done! Glad to hear that you all ok and that you're already seeing a difference! (no pun intended)

Cristina--They're always having a used book sale around here. I have yet to go to one, but I would really like to. Our tulips have bloomed and so have some daffodils and poppies. Very pretty colors.

Sassy--We have beautiful weather here as I've mentioned, then my hubby comes home and tells me about all the snow he's working in! Don't have to travel far to get a drastic change in weather I guess.

Francie--Why must people compare tattoo needles to needles that draw blood? I've always hated that. Big difference. Sorry for all the complications w/Nutrisystem. Hope you get your reimbursement soon!

Mindee--Funny about your son barking. My niece has been acting a like a dog lately. She sounds so silly. Makes you wonder what makes them want to do that. (I don't remember ever acting like an animal when I was little)

Jane--How is Neal??

Hello to the rest of you girls.

As I've mentioned...I'm exercising more and eating better. I'm starting to feel more in control but I still have a ways to go. This weekend I plan on making up a chart for myself and my goals. Not sure how I want to do it....but I can play around until I figure it out.

Ok...I'm ready for bed. This will be the earliest I've gone in weeks! Hope I doze off quickly........I'm so tired.

Hugs to you all!:hug:

sz2atheart
03-13-2008, 10:53 AM
Cristina--What is the date of the wedding? I'm sure you've said but I'm too lazy to read back that far. Repeat it all and tell me what's going on. I'd love to hear about it.

Francie--you are cute as a button. Don't worry about doing anything just yet. You're too young and beautiful!! Wait till you get over the hill like me and everything starts falling. My eyes were my 50th bday present to myself.

Mindee--you are too funny!! Plastic surgery is addictive. Once you get something done, everything else looks crappy. It's like painting one room in the house then every other rooms seems to need a new coat of paint. But I swear, I'm done.....well maybe.....no, I'm definitely done. My back lipo is still killing me. I'll just keep rolling the girls up and stuffing them into my bra cause they will never be perky again ;) I've always said that I wanted to get a butt lift but that will forever be in my dreams now. I asked the surgeon if he could put the fat that he sucked out into my butt (seriously, I did) but he said that the bra fat is not fluffy fat and it wouldn't look good. I thought all fat was fluffy!!! :D

Marti--I talked a little about getting my eyes done a few months ago but I don't think I ever gave a date.

Jane--how's Neal?

Well ladies, I actually set my alarm this morning to get up and take the dogs to the groomer. I stopped at the grocery store and the card shop on the way home and nearly wore my self out. Mind you, I was only gone for 1 hr. Geez Louise.....gotta get my strength back. My son is visiting this weekend and we will be celebrating Easter a little early. I still make my kids and their fiances baskets even though they are 21 & 23. My daughter is going to Vegas for the week on Sunday so I guess I gotta get rolling on these baskets and give them out on Sat. I did all my shopping for their treats the week before my surgery.

Gotta call the plastic surgeon....I have a slight stroke lip going on....when I smile, only one side turns up and I can't open my mouth totally up when I eat. Probably a little facial nerve edema from the lipo on the neck and chin but it's starting to get concerning. I stare in the mirror talking to myself and only see one side moving :?: The doc saw a little of it on Tues but didn't comment much.

Crawling back to the recliner....have a wonderful day ladies!

Shopaholic1204
03-13-2008, 12:26 PM
Marti~I hate it when they compare needles too. I dont think the guy even had a tattoo. Oh well. YAY for getting back into your groove!!

Tammy~Thanks, lol. But you know how girls are. We look in the mirror and see nothing but problem areas. Thats a great present for yourself. :D

I need some serious motivation right now. Its raining and I'm sleepy, so I'm feeling lazy, lol. I have to finish picking up around here. Someone from the phone company is coming over between 12 and 4. Then dh's friends are coming over after work..and I dont want this place to look like crap. I already cleaned the kitchen, the living room is spotless...I just gotta do the bathroom, and I might as well do the bedroom for my sake. Then I gotta be in the shower in a half in hour. But ugh...I just wanna lay down and go back to sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today is just not my day.

Okay, its almost 9:30, I gotta hurry up and get busy, lol.

Peace, Love & Bubble Gum chicas!!

Shopaholic1204
03-13-2008, 01:39 PM
:carrot::carrot::carrot:GOOD NEWS:broc::broc::broc:

So before my shower, I decided to weigh myself. Last time I weighed myself was before my doc appointment last week, and I had gained a pound. But today it was good!!!! :goodscale I lost 4 pounds!!!! I'm 191 now!! I'm almost to the 180s!!!!!! I feel really really good right now!!! :spin::flow1::dancer::woohoo::yay:

tommysgirl18
03-13-2008, 04:39 PM
hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end.....same stuff different day! Although I did check my measurements, (since Monday when I started using my BL dvd) and I am already done in some areas.....I haven't compared them yet, so I can't tell you exactly which areas....but I know when I was taking them and writing them down that they were lower then the last time!

Francie~ I am doing good. I got a late start this morning, I took a nap on the couch after putting Brandon on the bus. So, I didn't work out until about 9:45......but I still got it done! That is awesome about being down four pounds!!! I keep making the mistake of weighing myself AFTER I have eaten breakfast. I will do it tomorrow.....but BEFORE I eat breakfast with Brandon.

Marti~ He has his days....yesterday he just wanted to be a dog for some reason! He has days where he wants to be a penguin too. Right now, he seems to think he is going outside......fat chance on that one child!

Tammy~ I thought all fat was fluffy fat as well! I hope the pain starts to subside soon!

Jane
03-13-2008, 08:16 PM
Neal's surgery went great, and he is in such better spirits. The worst of his pain is gone, and we're hoping the rest will go away in a week or so. He does still have weakness in his leg that will take months to heal. We're both so worn out from it all, and I'll be so glad to sleep in my own bed tonight. Thank you for the prayers and good wishes. :hug:

I'll try to catch up tomorrow.

suetalks
03-13-2008, 11:06 PM
Jane- Thank you for the pop in with good news. I am so glad the surgery went well and that you are home heading for your own bed. Yay!! I am sure Neal is glad it is over and some pain is gone. Did he have a disc problem or something else? Mom has a disc that is pressing on a nerve and so nerve damage. We are still working with the pain specialist since she can't have surgery.

Francie- Congrats on the weight loss. By the way, Trish went on the jumpstart for the Fat Belly Diet. She had great success, so you might read back on her posts or PM her. Good luck on the 2 months if you decide to do it. I am trying to get back on track...and it is slow.

Mindee- Way to go on the inches. I can imagine that is hard to accomplish with your busy life as a SAHM. I forget some things about those days....I just know I was tired alot.

Cristina- Sounds like the wedding plans are pushing ahead grandly. Good for you and DIL. That is bad luck about her mom getting a divorce right when she is so happily getting married. And a "way to go" to you too missy for keeping up with your exercise in the midst of everything else.

Sassy- AH, Spring...I am so ready for it.

Marti- See above....lol. We still have snow melting on the ground, so no tulips or daffodils yet. I did see a few little green things peeking through the white stuff however.

Tammy- Wow, the lipo and surgery sounds brutal to me. Hope you are feeling better and less tired soon. I just know you look wonderful!

DH and I spent the night at the river boat casino/hotel. Had a great time, no big wins however. I think we both needed the "we" time. That was lovely. :o

Came home and walked 2 miles before the rain started. I am sure the snow will be all washed away tomorrow and it will be warm enough to walk again. Then Sat. it is going to be cold and snow/rain again. Bah!

Hi to anyone I missed...I am heading to my own bed, like Jane.

tommysgirl18
03-13-2008, 11:59 PM
just popping back in before heading to bed early tonight!

Jane~ That is such great news to hear about Neal's surgery!!! I will say a prayer that he has a speedy recovery and the worst of all his pain is over with!

Sue~ I am generally tired a lot as well.....but I push through it all because I know that I don't have back up to step in for me while Tommy is at work. So, I just push through my workout and then get the kids up and make sure that they are taken care of before I get in the shower.

Katiecat
03-14-2008, 01:00 AM
Hi ladies...

Jane, really, really glad to hear the news about Neal :hug: I haven't been posting, but I've been checking in a couple of times a day to see if there was any news. My BIL had back surgery and it was very successful, he got a great deal of pain relief, so I hope that things continue improving for your DH. He's certainly had a rough time of it.

Sassy -- I'm looking forward to Spring, too. I think my son Noah's b-day is the first day of Spring. I love the pretty blooming trees, but I'm allergic to some and that's not so good. There are really pretty white flowery trees here that smell just horrid :eek: So bad that I'm not sure why so many people and businesses planted them! But they are all over the place...

Cristina, the wedding plans sound so exciting, and I love the color scheme, sounds elegant and modern. Will be great to see pictures later!

Francie, good job on the loss! Especially since you've been kinda feeling down, that's really a triumph :)

Sue, did you win at the casino? I'm going to Reno this weekend w/Tim -- our 8th anniversary is Monday, St. Patrick's Day :luck2you::irish: The weather was supposed to be clear, but now they are saying maybe snow tomorrow afternoon...grr...hope that Donner Pass is clear for our drive up.

Marti, my daffodils and hyacinths have just about bloomed out, but my camellia by the front door is just now blooming, and some of our poppies have come up. I don't remember if it was you that mentioned that you like daylight savings time, but I just hate it! I'm such a baby -- I feel like I was robbed of an hour of sleep and I want it back!!!! LOL Seriously, it takes a few weeks for my body clock to catch up to a time change...I lay in bed in the morning, staring at the alarm clock thinking, "No, it can't possibly be time to get up yet..." I don't do so well crossing time zones either.

Mindee -- good for you on your measurements being down! Sometimes you see that changing quite a bit before the scale shows any difference.

Tammy, hope you start feeling like yourself again, soon, and I'm glad your eyes are already showing the results you want! I can't imagine ever having elective plastic surgery for two reasons: I'm terrified of anaesthesia, and I scar HORRIBLY. I had to have surgery for nerve damage on my arm, and I have the biggest, ugliest scar you can imagine on the inside of my forearm. My son drew antennae on it with a sharpie marker and told me it looked like a big fat caterpillar :(

OK, it's getting late, and I'd better pack...we are leaving in the morning. Hi to anyone I missed, and I'll check back after the weekend to see what's new!

pattygirl63
03-14-2008, 01:41 AM
Jane - So thankful to hear that God answered our prayers for Neal's successful surgery.:carrot: Hope you both get a good nights rest now.

I'll try to catch up with everybody else tomorrow.

Hugs,
Trish

Marti
03-14-2008, 01:48 AM
Evening ladies.

Jane--Wonderful news that Neal is already improving!! Get yourself to bed and get some much needed rest! Come back and talk when you're up to it.

Marykate--So good to see you. Yes...I love the time change. I enjoy getting off work and there still being daylight! So where are you heading to????

Sue--I find it amazing how much the weather differs in different states. I enjoyed the snow when we had it (it's always unusual to get it!) but was very happy to see it go!

Mindee--Measurement loss is fantastic! Even if the scale doesn't agree w/us.....and we lose inches....we know we're doing something right. Keep up the good work.

Francie--Hurray for 4lbs lost! On days when you're feeling low and sad....seeing something like that will cheer anyone up! Congrats and keep up the good work!

Tammy--I hope the feeling in your lip comes back. I'd be worried too, but it's still soon, so maybe you need to just give it more time. Keep us updated on how you're doing.

Hello to everyone else out there!

I got my walk in and did excellent w/my eating today. I'm feeling pretty jazzed about that. Lots to do this weekend, but I plan on figuring something out for a chart for my progress. Keep me going.

Ok...I'm ready for bed.

Good night ladies!

Marti
03-14-2008, 01:50 AM
Hi Trish! You snuck in while I was typing away. :wave:

Have a good night!

Shopaholic1204
03-14-2008, 03:37 AM
Mindee~Thanks....Hey, at least you got your workout in!! Thats pretty good. Ya, I try to weigh myself before I eat breakfast. And sometimes I weigh myself after I eat breakfast, lol. I dunno why.

Jane~I'm so glad the surgery went well!!! :carrot: I hope he has a fast recovery!!! :hug:

Sue~Thanks, I'll try and find her old posts. I really hope that I can loose some more, lol. I think I wanna lose 5 more by my birthday (which is next month). But we'll see. I'm taking things slow too.

KatieCat~Thanks :) Hope you have fun in Reno and Happy Anniversary!!!

Marti~Thanks. I actually weighed myself like 3 times just to be sure. I thought it was a mistake!! LOL!! Have you ever thought about joining Fitday.com? Its a good way to keep track of everything, and you can see how many calories you burn off, and how many you're eating and all that stuff.

Because I felt so good today, I looked at clothes online today..and for the first time in awhile, I couldnt wait to go shopping. I saw so many cute things at Torrid, I wanna go shopping soooooooooooo bad!!!!!!!!! I think a lot of my good mood is coming from my new meds. I was on Zoloft in late 2006-2007, and it was the worst possible stuff for me. I was on the verge of checking into a menta hospital. It was horrible!!! Plus, my doc at the time refused to put me on something else. She just gave me a higher dose of it. That was just one bad nightmare. :( My new doc has me on Prozac now..and even though I've been on it for a week..I can see the difference in myself. I feel like my old self again!! Even dh noticed the change in me. I dunno..I wanna get better. I do NOT wanna be depressed anymore. I wanna be positive. I wanna lose weight and be happy. And its a plus that those endorphins are kicking in too. LoL!! Okay well..I've rambled enough..I'm going to bed now!!! Nighty nite!!

:flow1: Peace Love and Bubble Gum :flow1:

Sassy_Chick
03-14-2008, 06:48 AM
Morning All :coffee:

Well my mom is once again talking about wanting to move in with us......I wish she'd make up her mind......:rolleyes: I know its a big decision and I've been there before, but she needs to make up her mind once and for all. I think its gonna be just like how I got here, (here being Ohio, I am from Indiana, not a huge move but still a different environment) one day something happens and you just say, "That is it" and your life changes. At least that is how it happened for me and I am glad I did it. ;) Infact that is how I met my DH. He is from here. (Ohio) :love:

But I know its much harder for her since she is much older and hasn't moved away from there in a long long time (way before she had me). I was only in my early 20's when I moved, so you know how young folks think. lol. Young Folks, makes me sound like I'm ancient doesn't it? lol. :p

Anywho, I just wanted to come in and share a site with you all that I happened upon on while looking for a recipe. Its the Quaker Oats site (http://www.quakeroatmeal.com/index.cfm). They have a Weight Management portion on their site where you can sign up and get a customized eating and exercise plan. I may just try this one......It makes it easier, although it has a lot of quaker items in there. But I am sure you can substitute.......

I haven't been doing well in what I've been eating, but at least I have managed to control my portion size. That is one plus. See I am staying positive, for once. :D It is scary ya'all. :fr: I've been in a "positive" state of mind for about 2 weeks or so now!! That is incredible to me! I just stay focused on staying positive because being negative only brings negative things, or at least I think it does for me. I am not saying I will never ever again be negative because lets face it, I am human. But I have noticed a big change and how people respond too. It makes a huge difference. :) Even at work, when I found out some "frustrating" news. I did vent my frustration, but I moved on. I did not "focus" on the negative. I dunno its a very small thing but I can honestly say I am proud of me. :cheer2: That is a huge step for me and most of you who know me anyways, know that work was my major negative point. I am not saying that I won't have bad days, because lets face it, we all do at one point or another.

I dunno I am just rambling here........lol. :shrug:

Today is supposed to be warm again, up to about 50 degrees, but its already 43, so I imagine its gonna get warmer than that!!! :carrot:

Sorry I have not done individual postings yet......I will tonight..........:)

Have a Great Friday!!!!

:hug:

Sassy_Chick
03-14-2008, 07:11 AM
I just wanted to share a Beautiful Song I just heard:
(Click on the link to watch the video on you tube)

Mountains (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEQYN1DC220)

By: LoneStar

Lucinda Jones workin' at the IHop
Ten years worth of bacon, eggs an' tears
She's waited on every creed an' color,
While waitin' on this day to get here
Graveyard shifts, two bit tips,
Makin' every quarter count,
Was worth it all to see her son,
In that cap an' gown

There are times in life when you gotta crawl,
Lose your grip, trip an' fall
When you can't lean on no-one else:
That's when you find yourself
I've been around an' I've noticed that,
Walkin's easy when the road is flat
Them danged ol' hills'll get you every time
Yeah, the good Lord gave us mountains,
So we could learn how to climb

Private Bobby Dunn came back from the war,
Lost his leg but they couldn't take his will
**** bent to run in that local marathon,
He trained through the endless pain an' pills
It hurt so bad that sometimes,
He just had to cry,
He didn't stop until he crossed,
That finish line

Them dang dong hills'll get you every time

This world ain't fair,
It can knock you on your butt
You can just lie there,
Or you can get back up
You gotta get back up

Them danged ol' hills'll get you every time
(The good Lord gave us mountains)
Yeah, oh
www.onlylyrics.com

upswife
03-14-2008, 09:08 AM
Morning ladies!! Still here, just trying to pull myself together. Will try to get in later nad post more.

(hugs)

Jane
03-14-2008, 09:19 AM
Hello Ladies,

Tammy - it was so good to see your posts! Hmm, I'm concerned about your lip. Surely it is nothing more than nerve edema, but let us know, ok?

Cristina - I bet Char is glad she has you to help with all the wedding plans, shopping, etc. Katie's reception is 2 weeks from tomorrow and I can barely wait! Neal will be able to walk her into the pavilion after all, and I know I'll cry when I see that. Maybe I should leave the make up off, too.

Ellen - you're never too wordy. I don't think anyone is, since it's fun to read what everyone's up to. I've never heard of a floating floor, but I'm not exact up with what's new in flooring, lol. Replacing the cabinet doors is a good idea an saves tons on moolah.

Sassy - thanks for sharing the lyrics to that song. I like Lonestar. Didn't one of them used to be married to Tricia Yearwood before she got with Garth? About the food, you're doing great with handling one thing at a time, and portion control is a real good place to start.

Francie - I'm glad you found a med that works for you, and that you're so positive. Makes such a difference!

Marti - yay for your progress so far. Charts make a good visual aid. I keep one in my weight loss scrapbook that tracks my monthly weight losses. It's kind of dusty right now, lol, but I'm back on track now.

Katiecat - thank you for your kind words. I missed the info of where you're going, but have fun, wherever it is, and send me a postcard. :D

Mindee - measurements are a much truer indication of how much smaller our bodies are since the scale can vary so much from one weigh in to the next. Yay for you!

Sue - Neal had a herniated disc with some tearing, and other stuff that is technical. (means I didn't understand what the doc said, lol) It's rainy here in S. Ind. What's going on in your part of the state?

Well, ladies, I feel so good after sleeping in my own bed! Ahhh, nothing like it! I'm headed to the store in a while to stock up on fresh veggies, fruits, etc. Also need to pick up a prescription for Neal. Have a good one!

tommysgirl18
03-14-2008, 11:56 AM
hello ladies...how are you all doing?

nothing much going on here......just getting some things done online before Brandon gets home. Both Marissa and Logan are laying down....so that is nice. I have been doing good with my eating (and not eating late at night), I haven't had a pop in a couple of days....so that is good for me! I am also doing good with my exercising as well! I have done it every morning since Monday, and I have lost some inches as well! I took my measurements on Monday, and then I retook them yesterday I believe it was, and already saw a difference!

Sassy~ That is a great song!!!! I hope your mom makes up her mind soon! Great job on your baby steps!!

Jane~ That is great to hear!!! I will keep saying some prayers for a speedy recovery for Neal.

Francie~ That is good to hear that your new medicine is working a lot better! I have walked by Torrid before, but never went in. So, I think I might head over to their website and check things out. Are the prices better there? Or are they better at Lane Bryant? I have been in Lane Bryant, and I can't see paying $50 or more for a pair of pants that I won't have that long. I did however stop in Steve and Barry's the last time we were at the mall, and checked out Sarah Jessica Parker's Bitten line. I didn't try anything on, but it was nice to see some stylish clothes that were big enough for me!

hello to every one else.....I hope you are all having a great Friday! Any big plans for the weekend?

suetalks
03-14-2008, 12:16 PM
Jane- Rainy here too. I am so bummed about it as I got up feeling like walking. I have stepped out on the porch 4 times trying to will it to stop so I can walk. Maybe later.

Katiecat- Happy anniversary. Enjoy Reno. I have never been there, always go to Vegas. My daughter in CA wants me to come out and go to Tahoe with them. They got married there and go back yearly. They tried to go in Feb. and I guess there was a major snow in Tahoe. We didn't win at the casino, but did enjoy getting away.

Mindee- That's great on the inches lost. And as for the drinking, have you ever tried Wal- Mart's version of Crystal Light? I live on their Peach Tea. The one in the little tubs, with NO sugar or any calories. DH thinks it is too sweet, but I love it. I drink at least a gallon every 2 days. It can count as your water too.

Sassy- I hope your Mom moves in with you soon. Will you plan to move if she does, or stay where you are? Does she need to find a job in your area? Here jobs are not so great right now. I hope the outlook is better where you are.

Francie- Trish lost 5 pounds on the jumpstart, so I would definitely shout out to her. I am sure she could help you decide. So glad to hear you are feeling better and have a new attitude. :)

Ellen- Good morning. Are ya pulled together yet? haha.. Some days I don't feel like I make that all day. Today is a good day for me, although rainy. Blah!

Okay...I was only going to gab at Jane and come back later for more...but here I stayed yakking. Like I said it is rainy here, gloomy and not too warm. Exercise might be WATP. I had oatmeal and a slice of 35 calorie bread for breakfast. (brunch) We have gotten used to eating late in the morning, we all like to wake up and have coffee first. Dinner is a chicken breast and baked potato, salad and some sort of veg. I will have an apple in between. And of course, my ever present glass of tea.
Working on the portions and NO sweets still.

Ready to WALK and BIKE. Come on Mother Nature.

Shopaholic1204
03-14-2008, 02:34 PM
Sassy~Being postive is good for you. Its good that you're not focusing on the negative. That can be such a drag. I hope your mom makes up her mind soon.

Ellen~Morning to you too. Are you not a morning person?

Jane~Glad you got to enjoy your own bed again. There has to be something comforting about sleeping in your own bed.

Mindee~I'm not sure about the price differences between Torrid & Lane Bryant. I dont shop too much at Lane Bryant. I do know that Torrid does have some designer clothes that are pretty pricey. I think they have pretty nice prices. The tops that I buy are like $20 some dollars. The clearance stuff is nice too. Check out their website so you can an idea of the prices. I think the most I ever spent there was like $400. But my mom had bought all the clothes and plus a dress for me to wear to the ship's Xmas party, lol. OoO last year, I bought the CUTEST swimsuit. Well, it was a tankini..but it was sooooooo cute!! It was blue and had stripes on the top. And the bottoms had these ties with anchors on them. It was like 60 bucks for it, but it was worth it. And I still use it. LoL!! I love their swim wear!!!

Okay..all this talk about clothes makes me wanna go back and check out the clothes again, lol. So I'll bbl. I hope you all have a good day!!!!!! :wave:

FrouFrou
03-14-2008, 03:48 PM
FRANCIE...you first since I read your posts last, lol...I never thought about books at the goodwill, thanks for the tip! I thought of you while at the bookstore because one of the books I bought is Confessions of a Shopaholic...you and Susan have me very interested in them. Hey, I used to watch Lifetime all the time...still a fan of the station but the kids used to laugh at me, lol. They have some good movies on there.

JANE...glad to hear Neal is well and already feeling better. Hoping for a speedy recovery for him. Glad to hear he will be walking Katie in the pavilion. I know I will be crying probably the whole time so I will be thinking of you at the reception. Two weeks, yikes...forgot it was March already! Char does appreciate the help, I am just glad that I am able to help her.

TAMMY...hoping all is well, that would scare me! The wedding is May 2 and will be here before you know it. Think we have most things squared away for now...she has the hall, the church, the flowers, invitations (we are doing and mailing tomorrow), tuxes, dresses, I am doing the favors once I get everything needed for them...I found the circles yesterday and ordered those and the ribbon with their names & date, the speech is done, trying to think what else there was/is. I think I am going to be giving her a shower...will know today or tomorrow for sure. Next week Dd and I are going to find shoes and she needs a sweater for her dress, and get the wedding gift and see what I can find for shower decorations if I do that. Thinking of going with a kitchen theme. I think that's about it...just gotta figure out a song! How is your son and daughters weddings coming along? And your sister too? Hers is in October??? Can't remember...think the date changed or something. You know, I don't do the kids baskets anymore but I still get them a little something and a card. I did get Charlotte's kids a easter bucket that I need to get put together tonight.

MARTI...good job with the exercise! I dont' really mind the time change...it just takes getting used to. And it came too early this year, lol. I do love spring though!

ELLEN...what's on the agenda for you guys this weekend? You guys finishing up the kitchen and starting another room? Hey, when you are done, wanna come on over and do some for me? :)

SUE...I am trying my best to keep up with the exercise. I know I NEED to do it every day but for some reason my body is fighting me on it. My knee, back and ankle now are just being stupid. I said I wasn't going to exercise today to take it easy but I feel I HAVE to do something. Feel guilty if I don't.

MARYKATE...glad to see you stopping by to say Hi! How is Erik doing? Think of him often. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate so you guys can go on your anniversary trip. Have lots of fun!

MINDEE...wtg on the exercise and the inches! :woohoo:

SASSY...hope your mom decides soon. I can only imagine how hard it is for her with being in one place for so long. I don't think I would want to leave. I wish I could have stayed in one place for a long time! WTG on your NSV! :bravo: Love the song!

Hiya to everyone else, everyone I missed :wave:

Nothing much going on today, sort of. Seems like I have been running for days, lol. Went and bought groceries today, then bought love stamps for the invitations in the hopes that Charlotte hasn't yet. I'm thinking she hasn't :crossed: Otherwise I will have a lot of stamps...speaking of stamps...I heard a little while ago that they are supposed to go up again, in April or May I thought they said...anyway, getting sidetracked. Just spending time on the computer since I didn't make it here yesterday. Waiting to hear from Charlotte on the kisses so I can get them ordered and sent before I get off here. I want to get those things started and done before the next thing comes up. I've lost my train of thought...trying to multi-task.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

suetalks
03-14-2008, 10:05 PM
Quick pop in to say I did get to walk 2 miles. It was very nice out for a short while. Loved it. Hopefully after a few days of 2 miles I can double it...or, better yet, ride the bike. So far it has been a bit windy for the bike.

Have a wonderful week-end!

upswife
03-15-2008, 12:29 AM
Christina~The wedding plans sound so nice...it is wonderful that you can help her out with them. I think I heard that congress passed a bill or something, and postage will go up every year??? Can't quite remember, will have to look it up.

Francie~Me??? A morning person?? I think not. Although I do much better when I get my rear in gear and get to the gym first thing. TOM wiped me out so I spent most of my mornings on the couch this week. I am on Zoloft now, and t really helps, but since it is a hormonal issue not one anti-depressant works for everyone. Good for you standing up and making then change it.

Martie~I love doing charts...I was charting weekly, but after sooo long of no change I stopped. Just was thinking about going back to it with some modifications when I read your post. Good luck coming up with what will work for you!!!!

Katie~Enjoy your trip!!!

Tammy~hope your lip gets better. I know what you must look like, DH had BelsPalsy(sp?) soon after we got married. Lasted about 4mos. Hope the surgeon can help!

Trish~:wave: and :hug:

Sue~sunny and warm here, but I think I heard that it is supposed to cool down again this weekend. Mother nature does need to hurry up!!!

Mindee~Great job on the inches!!! Layne Bryant is very expensive...but sometimes that is the only place I can find things. Lately I look at Walmart whenever I am there, but they are hit or miss.

Jane~So good to hear that Neal went thru surgery fine. Will keep praying for a speedy recovery. Enjoy your bed, I never sleep very well on a different bed...I even stayed in my old room once at mom's and slept horribly. LOL I guess I am used to someone hogging all the covers.

Sassy~:yay: for positive changes! I always have said that you can eat anything you want, just have to watch how much. That being said I have been so bad at that lately...You go girl, I need to follow your lead!!!

I really have to get motivated again soon. Will hopefully have the last few things done that I can't do tomorrow, and will stop and pick up the floorboard that I need to get. DH is on vacation after Easter, so we may be ordering the cabinets then. (for refacing) The ones I have now are not too bad on the inside, but the out side is ick. No big plans for tomorrow. DH has choir practice, and I may find out if mom wants to meet me and the girls at the mall. DD wants her ears pierced for her b-day, and I don't see why we can't go in a little early, then they will be done for easter. My mom is getting it for her present. Well, DH is off watching TV and I need to spend some time with him, as his work week was hectic. Have a wonderful Weekend!!!

:grouphug:

Shopaholic1204
03-15-2008, 01:17 AM
Cristina~I hope you like the book..let me know what you think, okay?? Its my #1 fave book. I seriously need a new copy. My copy is so worn out, lol. Omg, me & my mom used to watch Lifetime together ALL the time, lol. My fave movie on Lifetime has always been 15 and Pregnant & The Princess and the Marine, lol. They need to show those more.

Sue~YAY for walking 2 miles!!!! I hope you get some good biking weather soon!!

Ellen~I'm sooooooo not a morning person either. I dont get active until noon, lol. But I do like to workout in the mornings. I'm glad Zoloft works for you. Just be careful of the side effects.

Fonzo & I went to grocery shopping at Walmart today. Since he's gonna be gone soon, I stocked up on Lean Cusine. That stuff is GOOOD!! I LOVED the sandwiches!!! As we were leaving, I spotted the Girl Scouts and bought a box of thin mints. Mmmmm my weakness. I miss being a Girl Scout, but I'm glad that I still support them. I ate a few cookies, but I'm gonna save the rest for when Fonzo is gone, lol. That way I can bust them out while I watch a chick flick, lol. Anyhoo..I'm gonna go play a game now. Hope everyone has a good weekend!!!!

FrouFrou
03-15-2008, 09:57 AM
Good morning ladies!

FRANCIE...I forgot to say WTG on being at 191! :woohoo: :yay: It feels good doesn't it? And I hear ya about wanting to shop...I have been dying to for a while and did get a (babydoll) shirt and a pair of crop pants in a smaller size woohoo! Lol I thought nah , not going to be able to fit in a smaller size and was pleasantly surprised! I will let you know how I like the book.

ELLEN...try not to work too hard this weekend! If you're like me though when we start a project we want to hurry up and get it done and then admire our work, lol. I didn't know that about the stamps...I swear I thought they said the last time they went up it would be a while before they raised the price again. Then I was in the post office and this guy was talking to the lady behind the counter...she said she shouldn't say this but that the big whigs had to have a raise so yeah...guess who gets to pay for it? Doesn't matter to me though...I will always send letters/cards and there's always bills to pay, lol.

SUE...WTG on the walk! I am dying to hit the street and walk outdoors but...always a but in there, lol. Been too busy or too tired so just do it inside in between doing other things. Glad you and hubby had a nice little trip but sorry you didn't win big. Hope your mom is feeling good!

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Such a ugly, gloomy day but I am loving it. I hope it rains the whole weekend!

Nothing much going on right now...the house is quiet because everyone is still in bed, other than the hubby...he was up at 3 to get to work. My body is getting back on schedule, yay. I woke up before the alarm had a chance to go off. Going to try and do some kind of exercise, not sure what. I did do a hour last night before I started dinner and felt good about that. The plan was to do a hour this morning so we will see...my body is just aching for some reason. Oh and the scales are stuck at 182...going to have to step it up this week. Anyway...

Have a good weekend!

Shopaholic1204
03-15-2008, 12:54 PM
I'm in soooooooooo much pain right now. My tooth has been hurting for a few days, but yesterday was the first day that EVERYTHING stopped working to take the pain away. I mean like Advil stopped working and the Orajel swabs stopped working. I couldnt sleep at all last night. Whenever I would move my head it would start throbbing. I wanna cry because it hurts so much. We went to Walmart so I could get some Orajel gel and this other kind..it numbed it for a little bit..but now its back to hurting. And for those wondering why I havent gone to the dentist yet, well theres 3 reasons for that. 1-I'm scared of the dentist. The last time I went, that numbing shot they give you didnt fully numb my mouth. I told the dentist and he didnt believe me. He just went ahead with it and filled in my cavity and it hurt soooooooo much. I was bawling during the whole thing and he never stopped. 2-I just found out TODAY that we have no dental insurance FOR ME. The dental here was ONLY for active duty. But we called up Tricare today and found out that they just started accepting dependants (how I hate that word). Which brings me to 3-We can set up the dental insurance for me tomorrow..but I probably wont see the dentist until Monday because Fonzo has duty tomorrow. :( I just wish there was something I could do to take the pain away. Plus, I'm starving right now, and it hurts to chew. I think the only thing I can eat right now is just yogurt and jello. :(:(:(:(

Sorry that this is such a downer.

Marti
03-15-2008, 02:06 PM
Morning ladies--

It's finally the weekend. Next weekend I get an extra day. (I took my anniversary off)

Not a lot planned for today. Hubby has been working nonstop for a week now....wish he could take a day off to relax!

Francie--Ooh...tooth pain is the worst! I hope you get some relief on Monday when you're able to see a dentist. I'm not a big dentist fan either, but sometimes, the pain is just to much. Plus you can cause some damage if you don't go....so get in as soon as you can. Hugs!:hug:

Cristina--How exciting to plan for a wedding. We have a few girls at work that are planning their weddings. If it isn't a wedding being planned it's preparing for a baby! And as for being stuck at 182 my goodness Cristina...you're making progress! Congrats on all that you've lost so far! You're doing fabulous!

Ellen--I can totally understand your feelings of needing to get motivated when you have so much going on. Redoing a house (what ever room it may be) is not only time consuming, but stressful. You just want it to look perfect! Our bathroom has finishing touches that need to be done. You'd think it would be done by now, but w/hubby's hours and working every single day....not much gets done at once. At least its painted (minus the ceiling) and the counter is in. I'm sure by summer we'll have it finished! :lol:

Sue--Your dinners always sound so good. I may just pop up at your doorstep during dinner time someday! :D The weather here is wet and cloudy. I'm looking forward to more sunshine that we were getting just days ago. With the gas prices going up all the time, walking or biking to work this summer seems to be in my future. Here's to keeping our fingers crossed for gorgeous weather! :crossed:

Mindee--You're doing great w/your exercises and eating. When I stopped drinking so much soda, I noticed that after awhile, the cravings for them just stopped. The only time we really drink it around here is when we have pizza. And we hardly ever have pizza. It's the little steps that make a difference and it sounds as though you are making a difference.

Jane--I love the idea of scrapbooking my progress. If I could ever make room in this office/workout/dog lounge room, then I'd be able to scrapbook like I want. How excited are you for DD & SIL's reception? Send them many hugs and well wishes from me ok?

Sassy--I hope your mom moves in w/you (that is what you want isn't it?) so that you have her close and can help her out w/things she needs. My sister and I (actually more my sister than me) wants our mom who lives in California to move to Oregon to be closer to her three girls. She down there all her lonesome. (well not exactly...she has her man) She says she plans to eventually. We shall see.

Hello to anyone I have missed.

I need to get off here. I've been on longer than I wanted. Need to get my day started!

Have a lovely weekend!

Jane
03-15-2008, 04:15 PM
Hi ladies,

Mindee - sounds like you're doing well with the food, exercise, and the pop, too. Thanks for the prayers.

Sue - yay for the 2 miles. And before you know it, you'll be back on that bike.

Francie - aww, I'm sorry you have such a nasty toothache. Monday can't get here soon enough, right? Too bad you had a bad experience with the dentist. I didn't used to like going, either, but found a dentist I trust and now I go every 6 months for cleaning and whatever. I hope the one you see Monday is more knowledgable than the last one! Thin Mints are my fave GS cookies, but I didn' buy any this year. I can't be trusted to not over-indulge.

Cristina - we put the love stamps on Katie and Clint's reception invitations, too. (Yes, the price is going up again soon. That's why they offered those "forever" stamps.) Her shower is tomorrow and the reception is the 29th. Your DSs wedding is the same day Jackson turns 1!

Ellen - hope you had fun at the mall. Did your DD get her ears pierced?

Marti - hello chicka. I guess I mentioned I don't have a craft room anymore, didn't I? So now I just scrapbook at the dining room table, or when I meet my friends at the church hall. I have to say, though, it's been awhile since I've felt motivated to do any cropping. Yay for an extra day off next week.

I've been doing well with the food today. Yesterday I got some fresh produce brought home, and mmmm, I just love it. Do any of you put fresh sugar snap peas in your salads? I de-string the pods, then cut them in 2 or 3 pieces, and wow, they pack a lot of crunch.

Madison will be here afterwhile; she's having a sleepover with me, lol. We'll have a good time if I can get her away from my Nintendo DS, lol.

Tomorrow is Katie's wedding shower. That ought to be a lot of fun. Thankfully, fruit salad is one of the food choices.

Later, taters!

Jane
03-15-2008, 09:09 PM
Question about salad dressings: I don't use fat free ones, because the main ingredient then is added corn syrup, but I've been using the light ones instead. Raspberry vinegarette, evoo, Italian, French once in a while. I'm stuck in a rut adn ready to try something new. Which are some of your favorites?

upswife
03-15-2008, 09:49 PM
Jane~ I like the poppyseed ones, and sesame ginger...those have to be my favs at the moment. I also Like the snap peas, they are very tasty.

DD got her ears pierced...I like that the two girls did either ear at the same time. No screaming, and hardly a tear, she is my brave one! Had Mexican for dinner and DH and I indulged in Mango margarita's so I am off to veg and let the buzz wear off.

Later chicas!

suetalks
03-15-2008, 09:58 PM
Jane- I like evoo with balsamic vinegar. Sometimes I also add garlic and let it marinate a little. Any spices can be used too. Have fun at the shower...and I know you can't wait for the reception. Glad Neal will feel like doing the "daddy things."

Hi to everyone else. I am pooped tonight and going to bed early. Mom and I ran all over town today doing errands and getting hair-cuts. For some reason it wore me out. Rained, so I didn't walk, just did some exercises I am trying. Food was not good..eating on the run. ugh.

Happy Sunday all.

Shopaholic1204
03-16-2008, 02:28 AM
Cristina~Yes, it did feel good to see 191 on the scale. I seriously didnt believe it, LOL!! OH!! I tried on one of my Navy sweatshirts that could never fit me just right..and guess what?!?! It fit JUST right!! I was so excited!! I showed Fonzo the tops I wanted to buy, and he said that I could just as soon as I get the money back from Nutrisystem. So yay!!

Marti~My tooth was HURTING soooooo bad!! I put a TON of Orajel on it. But I think I got a stomach ache from it. Oh well, it was worth it, cuz my tooth doesnt hurt as much now. It only hurts when I press down on it, which I dont plan on doing.

Jane~I hope I can get an appt w/the dentist on monday. Its an emergancy so I should be able to right? Oh..the salad dressing I'm in love with is Fresh Garlic Caesar. Its tastes sooooooooooooooo good!! Its light and one of those Eat Right dressings from Safeway.

Anyhoo...Nothing much else is new with me. Like I said before, I think I got a stomach ache from too much of that Orajel. But my tooth stopped hurting, so it was worth it, lol. We bought some new books today, so I'm excited abot that. Ummmm...nothing much else is going on. So I'm gonna go watch SNL. Nighty Nite!!

Shopaholic1204
03-16-2008, 02:32 AM
Oh ya!! At the bookstore today, I tried looking for The Flat Belly Diet book..and couldnt find it. I looked at 2 bookstores and neither of them had it. Then I went on Amazon and found out the book doesnt even come out until Sept. 20th. Whats up with that?

Sassy_Chick
03-16-2008, 06:58 AM
Hi :chicken: Peeps, :chicken: what up? lol.......:lol:

Well I finally colored my hair. :fr: I had the color for a while and just never did it. Well it was a mistake. I think it was the brand because I usually get something different. I keep itching and I've washed my hair like 3 x's. Plus the fact I got the freaking color all over the bathroom........Just was not a good experience. lol. And I've done it many times before with no problems. Well lets just say will be a LONG time before I do it again! lol.

Its not a drastic color, its dark auburn and my natural hair color is brown, so nothing too weird. lol. Nobody will probably even notice. Oh well. It covered the few grey's I had I guess. lol.

Boy there is drama going on at work. DH gave me the "Scoop" and men say we gossip!!! :gossip: lol. Basically this one co-worker of ours is a compulsive liar :nose: and even lies to our boss. I can't believe what a liar that guy is!!! Also what amazes me is the "Liar" is our bosses little "Golden" child, he gets away with murder, infact he and the other "Golden Boy", who actually does ALL the work, so he actually is a good guy, he just sucks up to the boss so he can do what he wants.........are both going to Chicago for one week PAID by the company. Also one of them is in charge of ASSIGNING us cubes once we move downstairs to the new place we are moving too. I am like WTF? Are we in kindergarten now? R we going to have to stand up at the beginning of every shift and say the pledge of allegiance now? Well if we are going back to Kindergarten days then I want my milk and cookies dammit! :cookie: lol. Oh well I go to work and "flip my burgers" as DH says and go home. lol.

I watched Fried Green Tomatoes tonight. I love that movie....."TWANDA!!!" :hyper: lol. You won't know what that means unless you've seen the movie or read the book. (I think that is in the book anyways, I haven't read the book....lol) hee hee. but its cute.

Stupid idiotic neighbors were partying lastnight too. Idiots. Next time they bang on the wall because they "Think" our tv is too loud I am going to go pound on there stupid heads! lol. :club: So I told DH to be extra annoying on his nights off. lol.

I hate annoying neighbors and I have thought about it and we've always had one in every single place we stayed. Why is that? lol. I think all the annoying neighbors should have to live next door to each other!!! lol.

Anywho.........rambling away here. lol. :blah:

It was really foggy yesterday morning!!! Holy Smokes!! It looked like we were living in London or something!!! lol. But DH made it home safe and sound. I am freaking freezing in this apt and the thermastat says it is 70 degrees! Why is it I freeze in the winter AND in the summer? When the air is on, boy is it on!! Why can't the heat be that way? Geez. Its not terribly cold out, its 34 outside but I am chilled. :brr:

Well I hate to ramble and "run" but my little fingers are beginning to freeze to the keyboard.......hee hee hee. Ttyl!!

Shopaholic1204
03-16-2008, 09:19 AM
Morning Ladies!!!!!!!

Sassy~What brand did you buy? Feria (spl?) is a good brand, and believe me. I've tried them all, lol. I dont dye my hair anymore because it took F-O-R-E-V-E-R to get the black to finally come out, lol. My hair still isnt its natural color, lol. I LOVE Fried Green Tomatoes!!!!!!!!!!!!! I saw it for the first time last summer, and just loved it. Was it on tv last night? I'm with you on the annoying neighbors. Maybe annoying people just follow you around, and thats why you've always had some, lol. I miss the neighbors in the neighborhood I grew up in. I think they sold drugs, but at least they were quiet, LOL!!! I miss West Phoenix now, lol.

Anyhoo..the freakin Orajel wore off in the middle of the night and I kept waking up again because of my effin tooth!!!! That and Sex and the City was still playing, lol. But ughhhhhhh I need to see a dentist ASAP!!! I thought about going to the ER, but I dont think they can do much for me. Oh well..I have to suffer alone today. Dh is leaving for duty in a few mins. So I'm gonna go read until I fall asleep (or finish the book, lol).

Jane
03-16-2008, 06:21 PM
Hi ladies,

Ellen - I'm glad they did both of her ears at the same time. No backing out on the 2nd one that way, lol. I bet she looks cute with her new earrings in. MMm poppyseed! Sounds good.

Sue - you're so right! I am looking forward to the reception, now that Neal is better. The best part is, the girls are decorating, and it's a catered meal, with servers, etc. so all I have to do is show up and have a good time. Whoo hoo! Just a trim or a new hair style?

Francie - the book is available now through Prevention, but is quite spendy. They're redoing parts of it (I've heard) and it will be on bookshelves in most bookstores in Sept. for a much cheaper price, like $17.00. If you order through 3FC Amazon, the owners of this site get a little of the $ to help keep the site running. I love that we can come here for free, so I like to help when I can. Btw, I think the dentist should work you in tomorrow since you have an emergency situation. Let us know!

Sassy - I loved the movie Fried Green Tomatoes! Kathy Bates is so good, as are the others. Twanda indeed, lol! Hearing about your neighbors makes me glad I live in the boonies. My only close neighbor is Mary, and she goes to bed before me, lol.

Trish - where are you? Did you and your DH take off to somewhere fun again?

Katie's shower was today, and she got a lot of neat things for the apartment. I ate a little too much, but not a lot. All in all, I'm proud of myself for not having more!

I've been doing well, and don't want to backslide. I tried to do my exercise video, but it hurt my knee to do it, so I'm just doing some upper body ones.

How's your weekend been?

Mom2Gaby
03-16-2008, 07:16 PM
Francie-
Just barging in on your JL ongoing Shopaholic conversation,,,,,
Thanks for the recommendation of the Shopaholic books. I have read most of them, except Shopaholic Ties the Knot. I went yesterday and bought at a used book store because the *library hold* was taking so long and I was going through "Becky withdrawels".
So, Cristina. I think you would love the books and Becky, she is very funny. You might try the "ties the knot" one first since you are helping Charlotte w/ her wedding. It was very romantic how Luke proposed to Becky, it made me cry. lol
Anyway - congrats on the 191!!:D Have you read Remember Me?
Hope your tooth is feeling better. :)

Shopaholic1204
03-16-2008, 07:41 PM
Jane~I have to enroll for the insurance, but they're not doing it today. So I gotta do it tomorrow. We did call another dentist place in town and it was just really really expensive and we cant afford it. And I DO NOT want to take out a loan just for a stupid tooth. We just finished paying off our last loan. So I'm hoping that the insurance kicks in before dh leaves.

Susie Q~I'm glad that you liked the Shopaholic books!!!!!!! Most of my friends have read it, lol. Shopaholic Ties the Knot is my FAVE!!! LoL!! I totally read it when I was planning my wedding. I've read all of Sophie Kinsella's books, even the new one "Remember Me". Which I HIGHLY recommend. I read it in a day, I LOVED it!!! All her books are good though. I dont care too much for the books she writes under her other name. They're kinda boring. Did you know they're making a Shopaholic movie?? It takes place in NYC, which is a bit of a bummer. But Isla Fisher from The Wedding Crashers is gonna be playing Becky. I'm interested to see how it turns out. Me & my friend are planning on going together, lol.

tommysgirl18
03-16-2008, 10:17 PM
Golly Gee, you ladies have been really chatty!

nothing really new here.....just had a busy weekend! we took the kids to a custom bike show on Saturday, and then today we just stayed home and relaxed. I taped "I can make you thin with Paul McKenna" off of TLC. I haven't watched it yet, so I don't know how good it is.

It is 10pm and I am ready to go to bed! I went to bed last night at 12:30am and I felt great this morning! Marissa is still awake, but she is finally laying down now!! So, I am hoping that I can get into the shower and head to bed early tonight. I need to make sure that I get up early so I can get Brandon ready for school, get him on the bus, and make sure that I get my work out in AND shower long before the maintenance guy comes over to caulk the bath tub again!

Francie~ I hope you are feeling better!!! I had the same problem when I was pregnant with Logan, but I never got a chance to make it to the dentist because I was pregnant and knew that they would have to take x-rays. So, I asked my mom if she had any antibiotics and she had some amoxicilan that she let me use. She also gave me these pills that my dad had from his surgery (not sure what they were) BUT I did make sure that they were okay to take while being pregnant and my doctor ok'd them before I did.

Marti~ Yup, I know what you mean. I have been wanting pop less and less. I have a case of Coke Zero, that I am sure is going to take me well into the month of April for me finish it!

Sue~ Actually I have three different kinds of the Wal-Mart stuff in my cupboard already! I have been drinking a lot of Lipton Iced Tea with Lemon in it, so I haven't made any lately.

sorry to cut this short, but I am going to get my butt moving so I can get into bed soon!

Marti
03-16-2008, 11:02 PM
Evening Ladies--

Been a busy day, in and out of the house trying to get things done over the weekend. Got our big old hole in the bathroom repaired and ready for paint. (we took out the medicine cabinet) Starting to look really nice in there!

Hubby and I were heading out the door and on our way to Home Depot or Jerry's to go look at counters for our kitchen (our next project) and on the way he gets called for work. So we took a detour to subway to grab him some lunch. The man has been working non-stop for over two weeks!

Eating is going well and exercise is too. Getting it together while I keep busy. Just never thought I could do it, but I am.

Mindee--Soda used to be my thing.....now, if I can only cut back on coffee! I suppose two cups a day isn't too bad, but still. I've never had Coke Zero, any good?

Francie--I have never liked orajel. It doesn't last long enough. I always drank myself to numbness!! (terrible I know!) Sorry that you're in such pain. Hope you can get it fixed soon.

Sassy--Who are men kidding? Not gossipers? I think sometimes they are the worse kind! :lol: I don't miss apartment living. What ever happen to that one house you and hubby had looked at? (or was that you??) The price of housing in your state cost double in ours. I may have to move!

Sue--I love olive oil and balsamic vinegar! Very good stuff. I love to dip really good french bread in the vinegar. Tasty.

Jane--I had forgotten that you lost your craft room. If my dining room table was ever clean...then I suppose I could use it! But hubby did buy me a craft table for Christmas, just need to clear it off of all the tools and stuff we've been doing to re-do the bathroom! (my house sounds like a mess doesn't it?!) It is. :D

Ellen--How old is your DD that got her ears pierced? My DD was 3mos. the first time, and then she had them done again when she was 4. She is now 13, almost 14 and has her lip pierced! :yikes: Actually looks cute on her. Just hate to see her grow up so fast.

Hello to the rest of you.

Ok...need to paint the patch in the bathroom and then its time to do my nightly walk. You all have a great evening and catch up later!

tommysgirl18
03-17-2008, 12:18 AM
just popping back in here really quickly....I am heading to bed just after this.

Marti~ My goodness! James has been working a lot lately! Coke Zero is okay.....it tastes just like regular coke but it doesn't have the calories as regular coke.

I forgot to mention that my scale told me 238.2 the last time I stepped on it, and since my measurements went up in my biceps and forearms that I am hoping that it means muscles!

Jane
03-17-2008, 08:54 AM
:goldpot: Top o' the mornin' to ya on this fine St. Paddy's Day! :goldpot:

Francie - oh dear. Let us know how it goes at the dentist's. Do you mean you have to wait until the insurance kicks in? I sure hope not! :hug:

Mindee - sounds like you're going to have a busy morning. Hopefully, by the time you read this, your tub will be all freshly caulked. Yay for the progress in weight and muscle!

Marti - doing renovation sure does mess up a house. But just keep in mind how nice it will all look when it's done. Er.. seems like a house is never all the way done, lol. First one thing, then another. I ran errands yesterday, too, after the bridal shower.

Today is Neal wound check appointment. Thankfully, our family doc is taking care of that, so we don't have to drive to Evansville. In the meantime, I must get some ironing done! I usually iron on Tuesdays, but have slacked off. Now I'm running out of things to wear, lol.

Speaking of clothes, are you wearing green today? Wouldn't want you to get pinched, lol. :luck2you:

BBL,

Marti
03-17-2008, 10:07 AM
Good Morning ladies-

I was up late when I realized that I needed to be up and out of her before 8:00! I'm covering for a gal today. So needless to say.........I'm tired!!

Didn't get my walk in last night as I wanted. I started cleaning the bathroom from all the sanding and then primered the patch on the wall.

But eating was good so I don't feel terrible for not getting the walk in. Tonight for sure!

Jane--Glad to hear that Neal doesn't have to travel far for his wound check. Nothing like feeling achy and having to go for a long drive. As for wearing green today....why yes I am!!:D

Ok girls, hope all is well w/you and off I go to work!

Hugs :hug:

upswife
03-17-2008, 10:25 AM
Morning ladies! Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

A quick one for me. I had to drop DH's car off for some work this AM, so I will not beable to go to the gym, but I am so resolved to get some exercise in I am going to do one of my Firm video's. DD2 is happily playing on PBSkids.org, so I may be able to get it in w/o too many problems. DD1 is loving her new earrings, she will be 6 next week, and this was an early b-day present. Well, have to hop...will do indies later!

Shopaholic1204
03-17-2008, 10:28 AM
Happy St. Patrick's Day Everyone!!!!! :luck2you:

Mindee~I wish I had some strong meds right now. Advil seems to be working again, but I'm afraid of taking too much. And its funny too, after 6 hours, the stuff wears off. I just woke up to take some more meds.

Marti~The Orajel sorta tingles the top of my mouth, it really weird, LOL!!! But ya, it does wear off very fast. I totally thought of taking a few shots of Tequila, but we're TTC, so I cant, lol. But believe me, that thought it soooooooooo there in the back of my mind, lol. :drinkup:

Jane~I think we have to wait until the insurance kicks in. Unless they will reimburse us later. Would they do that? I know we cant afford anything right now. Oh and no, I'm not wearing any green yet. But I will be after my shower.

Well..theres not much else going on with me. I'm going to go back to bed and read until this advil kicks in, so I can sleep again, lol. Have a nice day ladies!!

:kissluck:

upswife
03-17-2008, 12:12 PM
Francie~I know what we do for the kids (i used to work in a ped office) is take a regular dose of advil, then 4 hours later take a regular dose of Tylenol then 4 hours later take Advil again. They are two different meds so they don't interacrt with each other. Home it helps. I have never had a problem with the dental ins, but I have tryied to back bill something to the health ins and they would not cover it. Sorry. Get some rest and you can try alternating warm and cold compresses too. (hugs)

pattygirl63
03-17-2008, 12:23 PM
:irish::cupgold:
HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY EVERYONE!!!:luck2you:

Sorry I haven't been around much. Just been out of it. I had a virus or something and then DH got it. We went to eat with family Saturday and something I ate really put the bloating/swelling on me and I ended up weighing more than when I started FBD :?::( so I am working really hard to get back OP WW with MUFA's. Also picked up a little book at Costco called "The No-Diet Weight Solution" Eat this Not that kind of thing. (We do love these books don't we?):lol: Any way, I bought it because it tells you what to eat when eating in name fast food restaurants like Bob Evans and Outback etc giving calories. In the book, it gives 8 foods we should eat everyday which from what I understand is supposed to help us lose belly fat. I am already using some of the foods and I am including them in my way of eating too. The foods are usd in a lot of diets so we probably are all eating them... yogurt, spinach, carrots, tomatoes, blueberries, oats, black beans and walnuts. Of course, you can substitue similar foods like carrots evidently is for the caritinoids (sp) so sweet potatoes, pumpkin are examples of similar foods. I had said once before that I wasn't sure that FBD would work with SBD/LC
diets, but I really have changed my thinking as I believe it would adapt very well. I started my exercise today and did my 30 min Sweatin' to the Oldies and will do it 3 days a week and do my classic tape tonight and plan to do it 5 nights a week. My knee didn't particularly like the exercise today, but that is because of the temporary weight gain. It will be all right as soon as I get the weight back down. I really am going to have to watch my seasonings can't use much salt. I usually use Mrs. Dash.

Well I have a lot going on so I will be in and out here. We leave in 3 weeks to fly to DD in Boca Raton, FL. One reason I am working to get myself use to the exercise. DD and I usually plan a day at the Mall a Mother/Daughter type day out. She is Tony's daughter, but she is so much like a daughter to me. Her 2 older children know I'm not their real grandmother, but you wouldn't know I'm not. Of course the younger GD was a month old when we married and she doesn't know anything except I'm Nannie. We are looking forward to seeing them all and they already have plans for a lot of things to do.

Jane - Hope all goes well with Neal's doctor's appointment.

Francie - I hate going to the dentist. I had bad experience with one and now I will have to find a new one here in SC and I am always nervous about it. Hope you have found a good one.

Mindee, Ellen, Cristina, Marti, Sassy, Jules & Everybody else I didn't name - :wave: and all have a great day!

Hugs,
Trish

Mom2Gaby
03-17-2008, 12:50 PM
Francie - I read Shopaholic Ties the Knot last night, stayed up until 4am to read it all. It was hilarious, especially Danny and Suze and Robyn,,,,and of course Becky's mother.....and the wedding planner....ok, it was all funny:D.
I will have to put Remember Me? on hold at the library. I love her writing and agree some of the other books are not as enjoyable as Shopaholic but they all are fun.
anyway - hope your tooth is feeling better!

tommysgirl18
03-17-2008, 04:23 PM

nothing new on this end.....managed to get some clothes sorting done. I even managed to make some sugar cookies. I used parchment paper under them so, I don't think I cooked them for as long as I should have because they were kind of doughy. I don't like cooking them on the parchment paper but Tommy bought it so that it would be easier on me so I would haven't to wash the cookie sheets after making them.

In the two and a half hours that Brandon was at school, he did at least 5 or 6 different crafts geared towards St. Patrick's Day. I have to hard boil an egg for him tomorrow night, since on Wednesday they are going to be decorating Easter Eggs on Wednesday in class. Then on Thursday, they are having a pizza party and a movie for reading books for the "March is Reading Month." Both the morning and afternoon class, wanted to read 360 books before Thursday, and in Brandon's weekly newsletter from his teacher, this morning they were up to 250 books! Brandon took in four papers with five books on each one, so there is another 20 books to add! He got a bookmark that says that he is entitled to a free kids meal at Texas Roadhouse.

My SIL came over yesterday and saw what Brandon was doing in school, and said "that is the same stuff that Jay (her five year old) is doing in school."

FrouFrou
03-17-2008, 04:41 PM
Just a quick HI...been running all day and I am pooped and computer time always suffers when there's not enough time. Will try to do individuals tomorrow.

Francie...hope your tooth is better today.

Susan...you and Francie have me wanting to read those books so Kite Runner will have to wait! I saw one, the newest one in the grocery store a while back but decided to pass because I had too many other books to read. But then saw the one in the bookstore and bought...can't pass on a dollar book, lol. So as soon as I read The Prize Winner of Defiance, OH I am reading it.

Tata for now.

Shopaholic1204
03-17-2008, 04:54 PM
Trish~I've been meaning to ask you..how was the Flat Belly Diet?

Ellen~I dont have any Tylenol. That stuff doesn't work for me at all. I'd have to take 8 pills just for it to work. And that would probably be a bad idea. I am laying on a hot water bottle. I havent tried anything cold though, so I'll try that next.

Susie~Ya, the whole book was great. Those books are hard to put down, LOL!!! The Undomestic Goddess was pretty hilarious. After the Shopaholic series, that one is my next fave book. I read it in a day and omg I laughed soooooooo hard while reading it. Same goes with Can You Keep A Secret (which is being made into a movie too w/Kate Hudson). Oh ya..Madeleine Wickham is the other name she writes under (I guess its her real name, I dunno). They're more serious..and kinda boring. But I've only read 2, so I dunno about the rest. Cocktails for 3 was okay. But The Gatecrasher, I could NOT get into. I tried reading it 4 times and was soooooooooo bored. You know, if you liked Sophie Kinsella's books..you should try reading Jane Green's books. I've read them all and totally loved them!!! Start with Jemima J or Mr. Maybe, those are my faves, lol. I've read so many chick lit books, I could give you a ton of recommendations, lol.

Mindee~Wanna come over and sort my clothes?? LoL!!

Anyways..My day is so dull. I fell asleep around 9, then woke up at 9:30, lol. So then I went back to sleep and woke up again at 1pm. So now I'm here. I'm gonna go shower and see if that helps with anything. My mom's grandma always said that if you dont feel good, then you should put on makeup. So thats what I'm gonna do too. :D

Shopaholic1204
03-17-2008, 04:55 PM
Cristina~:wave: Read the book soon!!! I keep talking about it so much, that I wanna read it now, LOL!!

Shopaholic1204
03-17-2008, 05:41 PM
Fonzo wanted me to call up Nutrisystem and ask when I'm gonna get my refund. Well..I went to the website for a number..accidently clicked the wrong thing..Found something on refunds and this is what it said:

How do I get a refund for returned items?
Credits will be applied within 14 days after your return is processed, but may not appear on your statement for one to two billing cycles. Please note that we can refund shipping costs only if the return is a result of our error. Also please note that NutriSystem will not be responsible for any bank or credit card fees that you may incur.

A credit for the returned product will only be applied to the same method of payment to which the original sale was made.

Thats just so freakin perfect isnt it?!?!?!?!?! That lady I spoke to 2 weeks ago could've told me that over the phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

tommysgirl18
03-17-2008, 09:43 PM
just popping back in here really quickly......

last night I was in bed again by 12:30am.....so I am hoping to make this a new trend! I even got up with my alarm, and was already awake when Tommy called to make sure that I was awake! Tomorrow, is a big day for Brandon.....they have school pictures! I can't wait to see how they will turn out!!!!

I have to run to the dumper to take some garbage out.....then finish filling up the dishwasher and get that running. the kids are coughing.....and Marissa is stuffy. So, it looks like the wonderful weather here in Michigan is sparking a cold with them. Hopefully the medicine is working on all three of them!

Francie~ Isn't that just peachy? I would be so mad! How are you feeling, by the way? When I was sick a couple of months ago, and kept having reoccurring headaches, I took some motrin that I had left over from when I had Marissa. If it got really bad, I was prepared to use the Tylenol with Codeine that I have left over from when I had her.

Shopaholic1204
03-17-2008, 10:13 PM
Okay I have some good news and some bad news!!! The good news is..we were looking at the wrong website. Fonzo called up the dental people and they have him the website for the military, so I enrolled online. Now for the bad news. I cant see a dentist until April 1st, cuz thats when it'll be in effect. So just as long as I keep taking meds before my tooth starts to hurt beyond belief, then I'll be fine.

Mindee~Oh ya..I'm sooooooo mad!!!!!! I wish the stupid lady had told me all that on the phone, instead of making it seem like I could get my money back as soon as they got the package. I feel like she did that on purpose just to get me off the phone. Grrrrrrrrr :mad: Whatever. Other than that, I feel okay. I'm looking forward to going to the dentist, lol. Which is a first for me, lol.

Anyhoo..I shall be back laters.

Sassy_Chick
03-17-2008, 10:38 PM
Hey Ya'll.

:patrick:Hope you all had a Happy St. Paddy's Day!!! :cupgold:

Can u beleive on the way into work tonight it was freezing rain??!!! :fr: And its in the mid 40's here. Totally weird. lol.

I have been just blah. Don't feel bad or anything, not sad about anything, just blah. :p So I didn't do diddly on the weekend. I did watch that new show on TLC, "I can make you thin" Interesting. Really basic stuff.

1) Eat when you are hungry
2) Eat What you want -- infact he said to throw out all the low-fat, low cal stuff that you don't like!!! lol. I love this man!!! :love: lol.
3) Eat Consiously (he says to put your fork down in between bites)
4) When you are full stop eating.

The show is going to be following people who are following his plan. He had a woman on there from India who lost 160 pounds supposedly on this. So that is basically what I have been doing even before this show. So I guess I am not totally off my rocker. :p Just have to be more "concious" about eating because we eat in front of the tv. That is a no-no according to him. :nono: So I have to work on that.

Anywho.......

Francie -- I used Nice N' Easy. Should be Nice N' Messy! :p lol. I usually use Clarol Hyrdence or something to that affect. But yeah this color will be lasting me a while!! I usually only do it once a year anyhow. Yes I love Fried Green Tomatoes too, its one of my fav movies and I love Kathy Bates and Jessica Tandy. It wasn't on tv, I just watched my DVD since there was nothing on tv.........

Jane -- Fried Green Tomatoes is one of my favs. It makes me feel better when I am feeling blue or whatever.......I miss living in the country. :( We had neighbors but they were not right on top of us. Glad Katie's Shower went well. Sorry to hear that you hurt your knee.

Marti -- DH does not want to "Buy" a house with the economy right now. He has been talking about finding a house to rent but he is dragging his feet on that as well so I have given up. I can't move by myself........lol. Yes I think men can be a lot worse then women can! I remember when I was a kid my grandpa and my uncles all sitting outside "gossiping" together. :lol: Glad the bathroom is coming along well. :)

Hi to everybody else out there!! :wave:

Big :hug:

Jane
03-17-2008, 10:46 PM
I'm back. :D

Francie - well, April 1st is 2 weeks from tomorrow. I hope you can hold off that long. At least you know what's what now.

Marti - hope you get some good rest tonight. What a sweetie you are for working for your friend. I'm not surprised, though. You're always a very thoughtful person. :hug:

Trish - thank you so much for the pages you sent. I find them very helpful! Sorry to read that you'd had a virus. I wondered where you were. Wow, your trip to FLA is right around the corner! Mine is in 5 days, lol. Not that I'm counting, or anything.

Ellen - my DGDs just love pbskids.org. It's fun for me watching them learn as they play the games, etc. Good advice about the meds! I didn't know about that, but will pass it along to Mary.

Mindee - sounds like Brandon is one busy little guy. I bet he'll be a good reader, just like his mama.

Cristina - hope you're feeling rested tomorrow.

Neal doctor appt. went fine. The wound, which is just over an inch, looks great. There's aren't even any stitches in it, just some steri-strips. The bandages are off now, so he can wash his hair in the shower again now, lol.

Mary and I are going shopping tomorrow for something for her to wear at the reception. That will be fun! I have to say, though, I'm glad I've already got my dress and accessories. I can't believe how many people still haven't RSVPed! The caterer will want a total before long.

I'm doing well with the food, but I'm starting to get to that cranky stage where I tell myself it just isn't fair that I'm not a naturally thin person, lol. :dizzy:

Chat at ya tomorrow!

Jane
03-17-2008, 10:53 PM
Sassy - you posted while I was still writing mine, lol. I wondered about the show you were talking about, and am glad you mentioned what it was all about. The doc's rules sound like a good thing, except where I would have trouble is the "stop when you're full" one. I haven't exactly mastered that yet! :o Hope you're feeling less blah tomorrow. We all get days like that.

Marti
03-17-2008, 11:40 PM
Evening ladies--

Had one of the easiest days at work today! For a Monday that is just hard to comprehend!

Plans to walk this evening, after I clean up the kitchen, hubby decided to not wait to put in our new cook top and the kitchen looks horrible! But a pretty cook top!! Here is what it looks like.
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_02221569000P?vName=Appliances&cName=Cooktops%2C+Ranges+%26+Ovens&sName=Cooktops&filter=Brand%7CGE+Appliances%7CGE+Profile%5EColor+ Family%7CBlack%5EPower+Source%7CElectric%5EApprox. +Width%7C30+in.%7C32+inches%7C36+in.%2C+including+ 36+in.+Narrow+Depth%5ECooking+Surface%7CElectric%3 A+radiant+glass+surface

Now, I have to say, it looks absolutely awful on the 70's yellow counter top! Hubby has decided that he's going to replace the counters w/granite! Uhh......did we win the lottery and he didn't tell me??? :lol: He's dreaming. But it's a nice dream.

Ellen--That's great that you're DD is liking her new earrings. My DD is still wearing her loops she got when she got them pierced! She tried post earrings and didn't like sleeping in them. Hmm...I tried to tell her she didn't have to sleep in the darn things!

Francie--If you were able to take that shot of tequila then I'd do it. Plus you can celebrate St. Patty's day while easing your pain! All would be good. But seriously, since you can't go until April (hurray for getting an appointment!) just be careful and take what you can to ease the hurt. I've had issues w/my teeth and I so know what you're going through!

Trish--Your vacation sounds like so much fun. I would love to go on vacation but redoing the house sure puts a damper on the funds. I am grateful though so I shouldn't complain. We'll get a vacation someday in the next few years or so. For the life of me, I can't figure out what MUFA stands for....what does it stand for?

Susan--A big hello to you. All this talk about these books, I may have to see what they're all about.

Mindee--Now, is Brandon in kindergarten or preschool?? I can't believe how much they have kids do at such a young age. When DD was in kindergarten there were all kinds of crafts and things for them to do and they start teaching them things earlier, things that I started learning while in elementary school! No wonder kids are stressed! Anyway, sounds like he has fun at school.

Cristina--Wedding planning is a big job. I always thought it would be great to have a big gorgeous wedding like my sister but there is just no way that I could ever see myself spending money like that for one day! I think it's great that you're helping out. She can never put you in the evil MIL category!

Sassy--I can't believe how much housing has gone up in the year since we bought ours. It's mind boggling. I don't blame your hubby to want to wait. I seen parts of that show you're talking about on TLC the other day. I had to get out the door and meet my sister so I couldn't watch the whole thing. Think it's something to keep watching then?

Jane--Aww, thanks! The gal at work pulled some muscle in her rib area while on vacation. She didn't have much PTO in her account (PTO-paid time off) she had even cut her vacation short...wouldn't have gone at all but she was in the wedding she was going to, anyway....she ended up having to take the whole week off per employee health, (not her choice) and she went a whole week w/no pay. Felt terrible for her. She's a single mom w/two little boys and every bit counts. She's able to come back tomorrow but will be limited to what she can do. We all try to work together in that department. (sometimes; I should say! :D )

Well ladies I think it's time to tackle the kitchen.....other wise, it's going to stay that way until the weekend! :lol:

Have a good evening girls! :hug:

Shopaholic1204
03-18-2008, 01:36 AM
Sassy~That show sounds interesting. I'm gonna have to try and find it the next time its on. LoL @ Nice N' Messy.

Jane~Ya..I think I can make it. Its not hurting as much right now. I havent taken any meds since this afternoon and its 10:18pm right now. But I will take some before I go to bed. I'm so tired of waking up too early, lol. I think I had the kind of stitches Neal has. My scars feel all weird because of it, or maybe thats because its a scar? I dunno, lol.

Marti~I wanted to take that shot, but I didnt. Dh came home pretty tired and I knew that if we started drinking he'd pass out very fast, and I wanted to spend time with him. So I didnt do it for selfish reasons, LOL!! Plus, I can never just have one drink. 3 is my limit because I'm such a lightweight. The cooktop looks really nice!!!!! I'm so jealous, I want one, lol.

You know what I just realized? I havent eaten anything past 7pm in awhile. We usually have dinner around 6 or 7..and then after that..its like I dont eat anything else. In the past, I would be eating until I went to sleep. But now I'm not like that. I'm proud of myself. :) Slowly but surely, this weight will come off.

Marti
03-18-2008, 12:40 PM
Morning ladies--

I've got a scratchy throat this morning. Hope I only slept w/my mouth wide open and it dried out instead of catching a cold. :lol:

Sassy--That is something to be very proud of! I have a hard time not snacking later in the evening. Has always been my down fall. Lately though, there just hasn't been anything to snack on so....been finding other things to do.

Morning to the rest of you! :wave:

Going to work normal hours today, then it's early shift tomorrow. DD has her choir program tomorrow night so I switched hours w/someone so I could go. My sleeping schedule is off. I feel tired today and I should have gotten lots of sleep!

I think I'll go get ready for work. You all have a great Tuesday.

pattygirl63
03-18-2008, 12:47 PM
A quick fly by to say :wave: HELLO to All you Ladies!!!

I went to get my nails done this morning and to grocery store to get veggies for salads. I'm back OP this week and hungry for veggies for a change. Yay:carrot:

Marti - MUFA is short for monounsaturated fats.

Francie - Sorry you have to wait so long to get the tooth fixed. I've had that happen and it is no fun.

Mindee - They sure are keeping Brandon busy aren't they? I am so glad he seems to like it and he is doing so well.

Jane - Glad Neal is doing so great. Have fun shopping. Go thru the same thing with my diet, wondering "why I have to do this". I try to remermber why I am doing it and then there is my knee that helps me remember why.

Got to run. Y'all have a great day!!!

Hugs,
Trish

sz2atheart
03-18-2008, 12:51 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies!!

Francie: I would bet your tooth is fractured. If the pain goes away with Advil but then returns about 4 hr laters, that is usually the sign. I don't see how you can wait two weeks to get it checked out. Can you at least get an appt to get a diagnoses and then wait the 2 weeks to get it fixed? Just a thought. Hope you feel better.

Marti: Love the cooktop. I wanted a new one when we changed out countertops but I needed a gas one with a downdraft exhaust and it was too expensive.

Jane: I'm happy to hear that the shower was nice and that Neal is on the mend. Getting excited about the reception?

I've got to make this a quick one. I have a doc appt at 2 and hopefully I'll hear that I can start wearing a little cover up makeup. My right eye is almost completely healed but I still have a nice bruise under my left eye. My neck is turning out nicely but is still a little lumpy. Starting on Thur I can stop wearing the chin strap during the day and just continue it for another 2 weeks at night. The lipo on the bra fat has been the worse discomfort. I got on the scale last Thurs (one week after surgery) to find that I had gained 4 lbs. I was prepared for it knowing that they fill you full of fluid before the lipo. I looked like I had an intertube on my midsection but yesterday, I got back on the scale and lost 3 of those lbs. I bearly ate anthing the first week so I think I'll see a final weight loss in a week or so. I still have puffy cheeks and the intertube hasn't deflated completely. Doing some grocery shopping after the doc appt. Tomorrow I have a hair appt. Trying to get out and do more so returning back to work on Thurs won't be such a shock to my body.

Hugs :hug: to all I missed. Gotta take the boys out to pee, grab a banana for lunch and hit the road. Take care ladies!!

Shopaholic1204
03-18-2008, 01:52 PM
Tammy~What do you mean my tooth could be fractured? I dont really understand anything about teeth. I'll see about just having an appt.

I'm starting to wonder if my wisdom teeth are causing the problem...

Jane
03-18-2008, 02:02 PM
It's raining out, but I feel great anyway! :carrot:

Marti - wow! I love the cooktop! Mine's black, too, but this one is much nicer than mine. Your house is going to be so cool when you're done with it.

Francie - oh if only I could stop eating past 7 pm. But I don't sleep well unless I have an evening snack, so I save my oatmeal/Cheerios for then. Good to hear your toothache pain has settled down a bit.

Trish - yes, you sure do make a valid point about our achey knees, lol. Do you get your nails done every week? I will be getting mine done for the wedding reception, but don't normally have them done. I'm too hard on them, lol. Ah, veggies! As much as I love them, I should be thin, lol.

Tammy - did the lip thingy get back to normal? I suppose so, or you would've said. Let us know what the doc said today.

Mary and I went shopping and she got a cute outfit for the wedding reception. It's short black pants, somewhere in-between burmuda shorts and capris, with a fashionable top in shades of pink, black, and gray. We saw a handbag that matches the main shade of pink in the top, so I talked her into that, lol. (Since I was buying, she didn't want to be greedy.) Anyway, we got done just in time to pick Caylin up from morning preschool. Now I must iron. I didn't get any done last week, since we were in Evansville, so now I have quite a bit. I'm cold, so maybe that will warm me up a bit. :)

BBL,

upswife
03-18-2008, 04:48 PM
Hello ladies...again just popping in. The house has been keeping me busy. I am eating too much, but will try to curtail it. Trying to push my water...usually only getting in one bottle when I need to try for two. Also been craving sweets??? Usually only aroundTOM, but the body still wants them...wonder what I am missing??? Gotta run have a good evening ladies!

sz2atheart
03-18-2008, 07:43 PM
Jane: Funny that you should ask about the lip. As I was driving home from the doc I remembered that I had not said anything about it and I knew that you had asked. I did call the doc the day that I was concerned and they said that it always recovers and that it has only happened twice in the past 5 years of him doing a lot of neck/chin lipo. So today, it was the first thing that he said when he walked into the room. He wanted me to smile. I gave him my half/lopsided smile and we both agreed that it has half returned. He said that he returned to see me in the recovery room and asked me to smile at that time (of course, I don't remember) and he said that my smile was perfect. He does this to check on the facial nerves. I'm just so self conscious of it.

Francie: A fractured tooth is usually a horizontal crack in the tooth that can sometimes go below the gum line. The reason for the pain when you put pressure on the tooth is because you are mis-aligning the tooth in the socket, ie, the tooth is pressing on nerves. You could also have an abcess and need a root canal. Either way, it is expensive and painful waiting to see what they can do. I wish you luck sweetie...I'd almost go for the stiff drink like Marti suggested!!

Back from my doc appt and all is healing well. Gotta do some massages to my lower eye lids and wear an ace wrap tightly under my arms, across the top above the girls and wrapped around my back to compress the tissue under my pits where the bra fat was sucked out. Do ya think that will make the girls so more south?? Yeah, just what I thought! That sneaky plastic surgeon just wants me back for a boob lift!! Not in my life time. As long as I can roll the girls up and stuff them into a bra, they are staying as they are.

I'm exhausted....heading for a hot shower, ace wrap and some motrin. Have a wonderful evening ladies!

Sassy_Chick
03-18-2008, 11:14 PM
Hi Chicks.

We're floating over here in Ohio. Its been raining and raining and raining :rain: and is not supposed to stop until Thursday after noon! DH said the roads are getting all flooded too. So I may be "floating" by one of ya. lol. :wave:

I am not in the mood to work tonight. I know "who is?" right? lol. But just such a dreary yucky night and all I wanna do is take a nice hot bubble bath, get into my jammies, snuggle in bed with my DH and cat and watch movies......Awwwwhhhhh sounds good doesn't it? lol. Maybe Thursday night after we get home. We are supposed to go out that night. We haven't been "out" together since last September on my bday! :fr: So we are doing nice dinner and a movie and some shopping -- if we're up to it. lol.

Not sure what movie to go and see yet any suggestions gals? No chick flicks though. lol. DH likes action and comedy. I like Romantic Comedy's. lol. Fat chance of that happening, eh? :lol:

Well so far that "I can make you thin" guy's "plan" (Paul Mckenna, I think) is working. I ate a cheeseburger and fries for dinner or whatever you wanna call it, my 1st meal of the day but it doesn't happen for me until 5:30 pm or so....anywho, I usually can finish all of the burger + the fries. Not today. I only ate about 3/4 or so of my burger and had fries left and I threw them away when I was full! :carrot: So now just need to add some exercise. I am sure that is probably this Sunday, adding exercise. I am sure. But I say if I add some exercise and keep going I should lose. *lets hope* and its like he said, once you start taking your time eating, sometimes people find out that they no longer want the things they used too. Well right now I wanna nice big salad........:drool: but thats a big negative. lol. Maybe tomorrow night. :)

Hope all is well with everybody.

tommysgirl18
03-18-2008, 11:34 PM

nothing new on this end.....just doing some things online and checking my email. I have been really good about getting to bed early that I am hoping to keep it up! Brandon got his pictures taken at school on Tuesday and I can't wait to see them!!!! Logan is still being a pain.......but only if Diego and Little Einsteins is not on! Marissa's hair is coming in like crazy now! I can't believe it is just over a month until Brandon and Marissa's birthdays!!!!!

Francie~ I hate when people do that!!!! That urks me to no end! Good luck with being able to keep your pain manageable until then!

Sassy~ I have that on my DVR.....I haven't watched it yet. But I did catch the putting your fork and knife down when eating in order to savor the flavor.

Jane~ He is going to be a reader just like me! He will try and tell you what happens in the story by using gestures. Now, we are adding some words to his story telling. His teacher thought that it was great that he was already trying to tell you what happens in the story when we went for the IEP.

From what I caught on the "I can make you thin" show was pretty eye opening. He had a group of I would say six people go into a diner and all order breakfast. They all got their food and each one cleaned their plates. They then came back the next morning, and did it all over again......but this time they were blindfolded! The results from them being blindfolded was amazing! When they were blindfolded they only ate about half of their food since they stopped when they felt full. Where as the guy said that when people see the food on their plate, they make themselves eat it all. So.......now I need to go out and buy some stock in blindfolds!!!!!!!!

Marti~ Brandon is actually in a class called ECDD, which I guess is basically a special ed classification. But he does basically the same stuff that his five year old cousin is doing in his kindergarten class! I have noticed over the past couple of years when listening to my older sisters talking about what their kids needed to know BEFORE even getting into school, and it just boggles my mind! Like you said, they have to know more now to even get into school then they did when I was in kindergarten!

Francie~ I hope you are able to at least get in to get a diagnosis and then wait until your appointment to get it fixed. A couple weeks before we got married, I had to make an emergency dentist appointment because one of my front teeth was really hurting. Turned out that I need to have a root canal done on it......BUT before I could even get that done, I had to take some antibiotics because it was infected! The week before we got married I went into the doctor's office and told them to just yank it.......thankfully they changed my mind because I would have looked really funny in my wedding pictures!!!

Trish~ I think it is great that they are keeping him busy from the time he gets there to the time he comes home! It makes for one tired boy when he gets home, but hey, it is all worth it! We just need to work more on his potty training now! I had Logan standing at the potty this morning. I am going to start taking Brandon immediately to the bathroom in the morning when I get him up. His teacher even sent a note home saying that he is doing an awesome job with keeping his hands out of his mouth at school. She has only had to mention something a couple of times, which is great! Now, we just have to get him to do it at home as well.

hello to the rest of you wonderful ladies! I am trying to finish this all up so I can get to bed at my new time!

Shopaholic1204
03-19-2008, 01:06 AM
I cant stay online very long..but I just wanted to give an update. Fonzo called Nutrisystem today, and the guy said we should get our refund money in 2 to 3 days. So please keep your fingers crossed that we get it!! Even though my tooth isnt hurting as much anymore, I still need to see the dentist, and this money will come in handy!!!

Okay I'm off..I'll be back later....maybe..lol

Sassy_Chick
03-19-2008, 02:32 AM
Wanted to share an article with you all:

The Limits of Thin By Geneen Roth
Its in the April 08 Good Housekeeping Magazine and also on their website:
http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/health/emotional/limits-of-thin

Francie -- :woohoo: Glad your getting your money back girlie! Now get your tooth taken care of! :) lol.

Marti
03-19-2008, 02:58 AM
Hello gals!

Got my walking in and eating was very good. Pretty pleased w/the whole day.

Going in to work early tomorrow....getting off early to attend DD choir program. Bought her this really pretty dress to wear. It's more girly than any dress she's ever gotten. I'll have to take photos!

Trish--Oohhhh....Monosaturated fats! Who knew? I want to get my nails done someday. Just to see how they would look all pretty and not sloppy! Have fun.

Tammy--I just ache reading your post! Sounds like you're healing nicely. I was curious too, about you getting feeling back in your lip(s)? Glad that the doctor says it's healing nicely.

Jane--I love the cooktop too. Just found out our wall oven is in. Hubby will pick it up tomorrow after work or the next day. Schedule is so bizarre hard to figure out when he can get it. I'll find a photo of it and show that one too sometime tomorrow.

Sassy--Hurray! You're doing so good. Why not go for walks to start out slow for exercise. And work your way to faster longer walks. That's how I started. I'm a lazy exerciser, and walking is the best for me. I'll check out the site tomorrow when I have more time.

Mindee--Blindfolds! I think I need to try that during the next family get together. Have the entire family wonder what in the world?! :lol: I can see where that would be the problem for most people. That's why when I have dinner I try to grab a small plate and make sure I don't go back for seconds. Doesn't always work, but I try.

Francie--My wisdom tooth had a fracture (so my dentists said) It was always in pain, but I ignored it thinking that it'll go away. One day it broke in half and oh my gosh....the pain from that was excruciating! It was New Years Eve so no dentist was open, so I did what I suggested to you...drank. The next day, I got in for an emergency pull. So I'm happy to hear you got an appointment.

Hello to the rest of you gals out there!

Need to get to bed. Gotta be at work by 7:30....nighty night!

Marti
03-19-2008, 10:02 AM
Good Morning!

Two cups of coffee this morning and I'm ready for work! :coffee:

(At least for the moment. :lol: )

I just don't see how hubby can work his schedule that is different every single day! I couldn't do it.

I hope all is well w/everyone. We're already half way through the week. How many are taking Spring Break off from work? Any plans for that week? Or.....when is Spring Break in your area? Here it's next week. I get one day. :)

Alrighty ladies....have a great day and I'll chat w/you all later this evening unless I'm so tired that I just crash. If so, I will chat tomorrow.

suetalks
03-19-2008, 10:12 AM
Still raining here, so no walks at all. It rained hard in the night and when I looked out the window this morning we have a pond in our side yard. It usually goes away quickly, but with the saturation I'm not sure when it will go down.

My busy week consists of, yesterday Mom and I going to lunch with DD, and today me going to lunch with my BFF. Not too shabby, huh?

And Cristina had mentioned when I said I gained weight that it might be water gain...well, I did drop 5 pounds almost overnight, so I must have been retaining. Now, just the smaller added extra to work on, but not so daunting.

I don't even know when the kids do Spring Break here, but maybe next week since DD said she and DGD are going out of town to a Carrie Underwood concert.

I am off to my lunch date. Have a happy (and hopefully DRY day, wherever you are.)

jules1216
03-19-2008, 10:14 AM
Hi all!! Quickie for me since I am on a break at work--I have been reading but not posting. Been busy at work, home and having some headaches/stiff neck and shoulders. Going to make an appt to get a massage so she can tell me if it is just tight muscles or I am out of line again and need to be adjusted by a chiro. I don't know why I just don't keep a standing appt to get a massage once a month since my insurance pays for 30 per year of massage/chiro combination.

Shopaholic1204
03-19-2008, 02:50 PM
Marti~OMG!! Just reading that made my teeth hurt!!! LoL!!! I'm pretty sure the dentist is gonna have to pull my tooth, which is gonna mess up my smile (if he pulls the one that hurts), so I'll probably have to get a cap or whatever it calls. I havent had a tooth pulled since I was like 7, when the dentist pulled out my baby tooth.

Sue~How sucky about the rain. I dont think its rained here in a few days. Hope you have some good weather soon!!

Jules~You should go to the chiro, that way that they can just pop your neck and ease your tight muscles a little bit. then get a massage. thats what i always had them do.

OMG!!! Last night, me & fonzo were talking about the dentist and he goes.."just make sure you dont watch "The Dentist" before your appointment" I wanted to scream after he said that!! That movie is HORRIFYING!!! He's mean, LOL!!

tommysgirl18
03-19-2008, 03:26 PM
nothing really new on this end.....Tommy called me and told me that he got a "promotion" at work! he is now at a different shop working from 7am to 5pm instead of 4am to 4pm! He is hoping to have Saturday off so we can take the kids to an Easter Egg hunt. I am catching up on my AI from last night. Brandon did this really cute picture at school today. It was an Easter Bunny with a poem next to it, and the bunny's ears were Brandon's foot prints! It is really cute and it is one that I am going to treasure forever! After Easter, Tommy has mentioned that we are going to get a family picture done. We will also have to get Logan and Marissa pictures done by themselves. It is a tradition since my mom had my oldest sister that for every girls first birthday, they are photographed in the famous yellow dress. I have the yellow dress and I can't wait to get her picture taken in it! I am hoping that she will have enough hair to put into some kind of pony tail or some cute little barrettes.

I have the Biggest Loser: Cardio Max workout dvd, and boy is it a work out! Right now I am doing the level one workout and boy let me tell you Bob Harper can kick your butt in no time! I have been doing it every day (except for last Saturday and Sunday) and I found something today......my abs! When I talked to Tommy at his 9:30 break this morning, I told him that I had abs of fire.

Francie~ Fonzo sounds like my hubby! My hubby does the same thing to me......or he will remind me of a goof up that I did. All in fun though!

Marti~ That makes my mouth hurt too! I still have all my wisdom teeth......but I think they have lost their potency!

Jules~ My goodness girl you have been busy!

Jane
03-19-2008, 09:38 PM
Do the Bunny Hop on over to #291. :bunny2: