100 lb. Club - What did you eat for dinner

View Full Version : What did you eat for dinner

DCchick
03-10-2008, 07:54 PM
I really liked the "what did you eat for lunch" thread and i love talking about what I ate so....

I just finished 1cup of basmati rice and 1 cup of lentils (made with mustard seeds, cumin seeds, tumeric, onion, cilantro and cayenne pepper) it was really good, but my portion was obviously way too big!

Edit: it also give me great ideas for meals!!

Schmoodle
03-10-2008, 08:10 PM
I had Pork Diane, spinach and mashed rutabagas. For dessert, Greek yogurt with agave nectar and slivered almonds.

mandalinn82
03-10-2008, 08:16 PM
I will be having a chicken fajita salad w/ grilled zucchini, bell pepper, black beans, olives, and fat free sour cream dressing. Yum!

Glory87
03-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Heh, I am making Mandalinn's yummy parmesan chicken! 4 oz chicken, lightly breaded in egg and panko, baked with a tiny bit of parm/mozz cheese, low fat marinara sauce, served over 1/2 spaghetti squash! With a steamed broccoli crown on the side.

RealCdn
03-10-2008, 08:34 PM
Let's see, it was:

- roasted balsamic pork tenderloin
- sauce made with the marinade and some chicken stock
- mixed broccoli and snow peas
- salad w/dressing

fiberlover
03-10-2008, 08:40 PM
Today was a Nutrisystem food day so I had:

NS mac and cheese
1 cup of steamed broccoli
1 cup chopped strawberries
1/3 oz cashews

valpal23
03-10-2008, 08:51 PM
busy day so I just had a lean cuisine with some steamed italian mixed veggies

(I liked the lunch thread too - this was a good idea dc chick)

Beverlyjoy
03-10-2008, 09:11 PM
Nice thread!

I had:

one cornmeal pancake
3 strips of soy bacon
green beans with ICBINB spray

famograham
03-10-2008, 09:12 PM
I had a bowl of Greek salad, my style :) No onions, no dressing, tiny bit of olive oil and balsamic, light feta....yummy!

murphmitch
03-10-2008, 09:18 PM
I had a chicken breast sauteed in a little olive oil with sauteed zucchini, bell peppers and onions, all sprinkled lightly with a little fresh grated parmesan. For dessert I'm eating lowfat ricotta sweetened with splenda, vanilla and a little cocoa powder.

walking2lose
03-10-2008, 09:26 PM
All the dinners sound yummy! We had soft tacos with lean ground turkey. I had mine without tortilla - so in a bowl went ground turkey, reduced fat mexican cheese, onion, lettuce, tomato, a tablespoon sour cream, hot sauce. I had a couple squares of Unique Origins Dark Chocolate for dessert.

DCchick - one cup of lentils and one cup of rice doesn't sound at all like too much to me. They are filling, but just a cup of each isn't that much!

Lovely
03-10-2008, 10:09 PM
MmmmmMMmmmm :D

I had:
Tomatoes & Fresh Mozz salad, Steamed Broccoli and a bowl of Butternut Squash Soup. (And I couldn't help myself... an Oat & Caramel Fiber One bar for dessert ;))

SoulBliss
03-10-2008, 10:12 PM
So many good things here!

I had a salad with romaine, avocado, veggie protein crumbles, rice wine vinegar, Goddess dressing and sprinkled dried herbs.

Must! Go! Shopping! :o

Rosemund
03-10-2008, 10:41 PM
I had a Morningstar vegetable patty with cheese, a kiwi, and some Oreos (I wanted them, and they fit in my calories.)

But seeing what the rest of you had, I feel less than virtuous.

chunkydunkin
03-10-2008, 10:55 PM
Boy, I have lived out in the sticks waaay too long! I don't even know what some of the yummy things you are talking about are..... fajitas and soft tacos are about it!! I had 3 oz. lean beef steak grilled, 5 oz of baked potato and broccoli. I had an apple for dessert and one tablespoon of chocolate chips. What is panko? Greek yogurt? Agave nectar (hmmm-I think agave is tequila...) I gotta just laugh at myself! I think I'll change my name from chunky dunkin' to Boondocks Betty or something!

mandalinn82
03-10-2008, 11:10 PM
Panko = a japanese breadcrumb that gives you nice crispyness in the oven, without having to deep fry.

Greek Yogurt = a specific style of yogurt that is thicker and creamier than other yogurts...sort of rich and creamy and dense. Very good!

Agave nectar = a sweetener made from the agave plant (yes, the same one used for making tequila!) It has a lower glycemic index than most other natural sweeteners, so some people like to use it instead of sugar.

Nori71
03-10-2008, 11:14 PM
Roasted chicken breast and cabbage/noodle (asian style but mostly cabbage) salad.

chunkydunkin
03-10-2008, 11:21 PM
Thanks, Mandalinn! I'll have to look for those items when I get back to a large supermarket. I love small town living, but it does have its disadvantages. I'm particularly intrigued by the Panko. Thanks for sharing your knowledge!:)

DCchick
03-11-2008, 12:20 PM
DCchick - one cup of lentils and one cup of rice doesn't sound at all like too much to me. They are filling, but just a cup of each isn't that much!

it just pushed me way over my carbs for the day :^:

mandalinn82
03-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Today's Menu:
Pork tenderloin stuffed with laughing cow cheese and roasted red bell pepper
Parmesan polenta
Steamed broccoli

DCchick
03-11-2008, 04:21 PM
Today's Menu:
Parmesan polenta
Steamed broccoli

OMG that sounds so good! i love laughing cow cheese. and polenta. def going to make this.

my dinner tonight is going to be boring, but good:
Greek salad w/ lettuce, red onion, cherry tomatos, shredded carrots (b/c i have them), kalamata olives, sprouts, 1oz of feta. then i'm going to do 30min cardio and 1hr yoga, and probably have a grapefruit when i get back around 830pm

mandalinn82
03-11-2008, 04:29 PM
Just butterfly a 1 lb. pork tenderloin, pound it into a flat rectangle, and spread with a mixture of 2 tsp dijon mustard and 3 laughing cow wedges (I like the garlic and herb variety). Drain a small jar of roasted red bell peppers and lay them in a single layer over half of the butterflied tenderloin. Sometimes if I have it I'll layer some spinach on top of that...gives it that pretty italian look. Roll it up tightly, tie with butcher's twine, and roast for about half an hour, or until cooked through, at 375. Slice it into thin slices and it is so pretty!

fiberlover
03-11-2008, 04:29 PM
Tonight's dinner:

Omelet made with egg substitute and reduced fat cheddar cheese
Steamed broccoli
applesauce
1/3 ounce cashews

DCchick
03-11-2008, 04:44 PM
Just butterfly a 1 lb. pork tenderloin, pound it into a flat rectangle, and spread with a mixture of 2 tsp dijon mustard and 3 laughing cow wedges (I like the garlic and herb variety). Drain a small jar of roasted red bell peppers and lay them in a single layer over half of the butterflied tenderloin. Sometimes if I have it I'll layer some spinach on top of that...gives it that pretty italian look. Roll it up tightly, tie with butcher's twine, and roast for about half an hour, or until cooked through, at 375. Slice it into thin slices and it is so pretty!

thanks!! i'll def try it out this weekend. sounds great b/c it will allow for leftovers for lunches :D

Schmoodle
03-11-2008, 05:11 PM
Oooh, I just copied the pork tenderloin recipe into my file of recipes to try!

Beverlyjoy
03-11-2008, 06:37 PM
Mine changed from my original plan to:

Smart Ones Salisbury Steak with Asparagus and red pepper
brown rice
orange for dessert

Lyn2007
03-11-2008, 10:29 PM
I had a nice big Egg Beaters omelet, stuffed with loads of sauteed onion, mushrooms, and baby spinach, 2 slices of crumbled 40-calorie bacon, and 1/4 c lowfat colby jack cheese. It was huge and filling. I also had one slice of 40-calorie wheat toast with light canola butter, and a glass of iced pomegranate raspberry green tea.

AutumnHarvest
03-12-2008, 03:21 AM
I had two chicken breasts cooked in diced tomatoes, with wilted spinach and feta cheese.

Mmm.

mandalinn82
03-12-2008, 12:11 PM
Today:
Whole wheat penne with shrimp, broccoli, bell pepper, zucchini, asparagus, and spinach in a garlic "cream" sauce

pintobean
03-12-2008, 12:33 PM
All the stuff above sounds so delicious :)

Well, my dinner last night was boring compared to all of you...
I had a Stouffers Macaroni & Beef meal with a small slice of garlic bread and water :D

DCchick
03-12-2008, 01:06 PM
Today:
Whole wheat penne with shrimp, broccoli, bell pepper, zucchini, asparagus, and spinach in a garlic "cream" sauce

ohhh what is this garlic "cream" sauce you speak of? do tell :D

Beverlyjoy
03-12-2008, 06:23 PM
I had a cup of ham and bean soup, steamed carrots and ICBINB spray

mandalinn82
03-12-2008, 06:59 PM
Cream sauce substitute...I can't even eat the regular cream sauces anymore, they make me sick (too much cream!)

In a small saucepan, melt 2 tbsp light margarine over medium-low heat (note: I use the light margarine, a transfat free variety, for calorie savings...you could use regular butter for an extra 60 calories per serving, it just isn't worth it to me). Add two tbsp whole wheat flour and two cloves very finely minced garlic, whisk with the melted butter, and cook for a minute or two, stirring constantly. Meanwhile, heat 1 1/4 cups low sodium chicken broth to a simmer (I boil mine in the microwave, it only takes a few minutes).

Slowly whisk the hot broth into the flour and margarine mixture and bring back to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Before serving, whisk in 1/4 cup fat free half and half.

Variations - add parmesan for parmesan garlic sauce, add lemon zest and omit the fat free half and half for a lemony sauce much like the one used on the Chicken Giardino at Olive Garden, or omit the garlic to make a basic cream gravy.

2beautiful2Bfat
03-12-2008, 08:11 PM
i had a veggie burger (patty only) sauteed mushrooms and onions and sweet potato fries.

LindseyLouWho
03-12-2008, 08:27 PM
Tonight I'm winging it and having a Lean Cuisine... steak tips dijon. In fact, I'm going to pop it out of the microwave now!

DCchick
03-12-2008, 08:34 PM
Thanks for the cream sauce recipe!

I had a roasted chicken breast and 1 cup of basmati rice. all leftovers. i have soooo much work to do tonight, no time to cook. love leftovers

cinderpa
03-12-2008, 08:41 PM
I had a thin cut grilled chicken breast with hot sauce, 1/4 cup of white rice with a little soy sauce mixed in and sliced cucumber and onions in vinagar.
I find the hot sauce livens up a plain unsalted chicked breast quite nicely.

WebRover
03-12-2008, 08:44 PM
Lean steak, grilled outside (one of the benefits of living in Florida - year round grilling)
Frozen "Japanese" vegetables - mostly french style green beans and broccoli
Sliced tomato topped with part-skim mozzarella broiled to melt cheese

Lyn2007
03-12-2008, 09:12 PM
I had tofu shiritake noodles with the Hungry Girl fettuccine sauce recipe. Yuck. This would need a lot more sauce for me to be able to pretend it is fettuccine. I ate about half of it, with a cup of steamed broccoli and 2oz grilled chicken breast.

dgramie
03-12-2008, 09:57 PM
I am getting a sore throat so I had reduced fat potato soup. I made it a few days ago for my daughter when she was getting sick and decided it would feel good tonight on my throat. I used fat free and reduced fat everything. It comes in at about 125 calories a cup. I ate 2 cups of it. I also had a mini hersey bar tonight when the family had icecream. A mini hersey bar is 40 calories.

Smiling_Sara
03-12-2008, 10:01 PM
1 orange
1 blood orange

1 south beach diet meal. orange beef

Eves
03-12-2008, 10:10 PM
1.5 cups spaghetti squash - reheated
home made marinara with about 1 cup of veggies
lean chicken breast, grilled.

About 280 calories. Really full now.

wendymeows
03-12-2008, 10:18 PM
I had progresso minestrone soup and made a grilled cheese sandwich out of a WW english muffin, one slice of cheese and ICBINB spray!

famograham
03-12-2008, 10:52 PM
I think this thread is the best place to ask my question, as it relates to dinner tonight and I don't want to start a whole new thread for it! :lol:

Tonight we had boneless ribs, baked potato and frozen mixed veggies. The ribs tasted amazing, but were sooooo insanely dry! I followed the recipe, simmering them for an hour first, with all sorts of seasonings, then baked them in the sauce for an hour at 325.

They were boneless, country style ribs. No fat on them anywhere. They look more like single slices of pork that actual ribs.

So my question is: After dinner, I put the rest in a deep pan on the stove. I put the left over sauce in the pan and then covered with water (the pieces are uniform and about 3/4 of an inch thick). I'm simmering them on the lowest temp, in HOPES that they will get much more moist.

Do you think this will help? I don't want to waste them, the taste is soo yummy, and they're tender enough to eat with a fork, but they were as dry as you can imagine!

Any other ideas for me to use them and make them yummier?

Thanks...and sorry for the book :lol:
:hug:
Linda

Lyn2007
03-12-2008, 11:09 PM
Linda, I'm not sure if it will help or not. But you can shred them and mix more sauce in them to sort of "moisten" them up.

When you baked them, did you cover them? I always cover with foil to bake. Maybe bake less time if they are so very lean. And maybe even baste with a teeny bit of olive oil before baking.

DCchick
03-13-2008, 08:29 PM
everythings sounds sooo yummy! I went out to dinner with my mother and has sushi and edamame (california, spicy tuna and 1/2 eel roll)

mandalinn82
03-13-2008, 08:51 PM
Sausage, lentil, and veggie stew. This one is a little bit of an experiment, but I think it's going to be good!

Lyn2007
03-13-2008, 10:11 PM
I was almost out of calories so I had to be careful:

1 Gardenburger (90 cal) with dijon (10)
one serving of cooked snow peas (35)
2 baked vegetable spring rolls (120)

I am pretty full, for now.

Beverlyjoy
03-13-2008, 10:35 PM
Today I had turkey Italian sausage with yellow peppers & onions - with a piece of garlic toast.

SoulBliss
03-13-2008, 10:41 PM
I had a mug of Tom Kha soup (Thai coconut).

Charbar
03-14-2008, 08:38 AM
Today's Menu:
Parmesan polenta
Steamed broccoli

I've never really cooked w/ laughing cow. (just as a spread) I'll have to try this! Love gooey cheese!

Schmoodle
03-14-2008, 09:13 AM
DH was craving pasta so he made spag & mtballs. I sauteed a bunch of spinach, skipped the pasta, and just had meatballs and sauce and cheese on top.

I've made chicken breasts stuffed with spinach and Laughing Cow. I also use it to make creamy sauces and soups. Yum! The pork sounds so good, I'm going to try it soon. Except I got into a big argument at the grocery store over the difference between Pork Tenderloin and Pork Loin last week, so I didn't end up buying any. They had advertised Tenderloin on sale, but had Pork Loin Roasts at the store. They kept trying to tell me they were the same thing! Oh, sorry, don't get me started, I'm still mad!

Trazey34
03-14-2008, 10:10 AM
it was one of those nights where i wanted to shove copious amounts of food into my face LOL so i made a GINORMOUS salad, threw in everything but the kitchen sink, sliced some chicken on top and a whole wheat bun - took me forever to eat it LOL and it was exactly what i needed!

mandalinn82
03-14-2008, 12:06 PM
Going over to a friend's house tonight for pot-luck-Mexican, so I will be a -little- high on calories, but I convinced her to do a downright healthy menu so it won't be too bad

Steak fajitas (lean top round, grilled, with lots of grilled veggies on whole wheat/low carb tortillas, topped with salsa and fat free sour cream)

Nearly fat free smoky corn casserole (I sort of made it up last night...corn, more fat free sour cream, fat free half and half, cornmeal, spices, baking powder, some whole wheat flour)

Salad

Dessert - Caramel apples. I homemade the caramel and at least it's fruit-based...the caramel also doesn't have cream, though it is solid sugar. It is a REALLY thin coating.

Charbar
03-14-2008, 02:05 PM
Tonight is a nasty rich high fat meal... but it will be balanced with lots of steamed veggies... (my plate used to only have the casserole - with no veggies)

It's call crunchy chicken casserole
chicken breast
mozzarela cheese
mayo
cream of chicken soup
rice
the crunchy is the potato chip topping!
I will just have a small amount with lots of broccoli.

I know... bad!
Off to the gym in the morning after this meal!!

Marathon Mom
03-14-2008, 02:26 PM
I made sauteed chopped spinach w/ onions and peppers. Threw in a boca burger and topped it with a little feta cheese and balsamic vinegar... :) :) :)