Support Groups - Sexy Chicks - Let's revive this club!!! Everyone Welcome!

countrygirl7902
03-10-2008, 07:35 PM
Welcome to Sexy Chicks - Beautiful women losing weight and forming friendships. :welcome3:
We are a support group started by a few newbies who were looking for serious diet buddies. We are here to support and encourage each other on our weight loss journeys, and to remind each other that we are already beautiful people.:grouphug: We are different in many ways, but we are all willing to stick by each other through this challenging process. Anyone who is committed to weight loss and is looking for support (and also willing to give it!) is welcome to join!

countrygirl7902
03-10-2008, 07:40 PM
hey ladies. our last thread died out. let's get it started again! i've been in a slump lately but not giving up hope. been so busy i haven't been on the site for a week or more. didn't even realize it had been so long! i'm still doing weight watchers. i stuck to it really well for a month, but the last week has been one binge after another. i'll get back on track one of these days! lol

so how are all my SexyChicks! i've missed you!!!

alisluv
03-10-2008, 08:45 PM
Hi Lola -

I'm still fairly new, and don't know you guys but I'm definitely up for motivation and support and being accountable! I've lost 17.2 lbs since starting a "new way of life" (refusing to say diet!) on December 23rd, but I'm getting discouraged at the very slow pace of my progress. Still, I'm committed to making it work, and looking forward to meeting more people and encouraging them, too!

countrygirl7902
03-11-2008, 11:20 PM
alisluv nice to meet you! i know how frustrating it can be. i've lost about that same amount, but i started last october! i stay on track for a while, then stray away, then find my way back. i actually lose at a decent rate when i'm eating healthy and exercising. i'm just not consistent. but i'll get better!!!

i think 17 lbs is a great accomplishment!!! if i'm not mistaken, you've lost about 1.5 lbs a week. that's a really healthy rate. a lot of people struggle to lose even 1 a week. i think you're doing great! and avoiding the dreaded "D" word (diet lol) is a good idea. it'll help keep you focused on the long-term. be proud of yourself!

alisluv
03-12-2008, 06:32 PM
Hi Lola - thanks for the encouragement!! I think part of my frustration is that my best friend & diet buddy is losing twice what I am! But...she does at least an hour of cardio EVERY day, and she started out 60 pounds heavier than me, so even though I considered STOPPING my "diet' and waiting for her to catch up....LOL....I know it's in my best interest to just keep plugging along. I just have to get off my lazy a** and get busy!

I see you have a mini goal for your birthday in May - I'm a Taurus, May 17th! I need to set a mini goal too....best of luck to you in yours, and I LOVE Your saying "I just ate my willpower"!! I bet it's tasty!

elisarae
03-13-2008, 09:52 AM
Im Too Sexy For My Fat, Too Sexy For My Fat, So Sexy It Hurts Lol

countrygirl7902
03-13-2008, 11:29 PM
hey ladies, gonna be out of town this weekend, so i might not post much. hope everyone's doing well! i'll check in later!

Shy Moment
03-15-2008, 01:11 AM
Don't know what happened. I lost tons of my posts and a few of my favorites were gone too. Had to hunt for you all.

alisu
You have to remember. We didn't gain all of our weight in one day. We are not going to lose all of our weight in one day. 1 to 2 pounds loss a week is a really nice rate for healthy weight loss. I do at least 6 miles of walk/aerobics a day and at least 40 min of some kind of resistance training 3 times a week. None of this has helped me lose more than the 1 pound a week that I was already losing before I started to exercise. What the exercise has done is tone and reshape my body. Exercise really is well worth the time. It is good for every part of our body. It doesn't help everyone lose more weight.

We had such a great group going have no idea where everyone went. Oh well, nice to see some faces. Lets keep in touch.

alisluv
03-15-2008, 12:53 PM
Lola - hope you have/are having a GREAT weekend away and that it's for something fun!!

Rennie - thanks for the comments about exercise. It makes me feel better to know that more exercise doesn't necessarily mean faster weight loss....because I can barely stand the little bit I do already!! I wish I could get to the point I hear others are at - they LOVE working out now and look forward to it....I say "UGH...I don't WANNA do it!" oh well, maybe the love will come in time. And you're definitely right - I didn't gain all this padding in a few months!!

Congrats on your amazing loss - way to go! I hope your old friends from this thread show up, too....it sucks to form friendships and then people go AWOL! But it's nice to meet you and continued good luck!

Shy Moment
03-17-2008, 12:27 AM
ali
In no way did I say exercise wasn't important remember that lol. I am getting so toned and the muscles are showing. I am hoping with all this exercise. When I reach my goal weight I will not only be so much thinner but in so much better shape.

Andria
03-17-2008, 05:57 PM
Hi, I just wanted to take a second and introduce myself to you all. I am new to this site (again) and am looking for someone to motivate me and needs motivation in return. I am a stay at home mom of 3 so my schedule is pretty flexible. Once again, hello, I look forward to talking to all of you, and GOOD LUCK in reaching all of your goals!!!

Shy Moment
03-17-2008, 09:12 PM
Andria
Welcome

Please let us know how things are going. People tend to come in and out of this thread so you never know whom you might find. I am a stay at home mother to and since my kids are now 17 and 21 I have a lot of time to myself. Now, if everyone would understand that time is MINE instead of trying to fill every waking moment I would be ok lol.

Shy Moment
03-18-2008, 07:51 PM
Nothing much different going on here. I eat, I exercise, I clean lol. We have a dwarf hamster running around the house that we can't find. Hope the cat doesn't find him before we do.

Shy Moment
03-20-2008, 02:01 PM
We are all to sexy for our skin. Guess we are all busy getting rid of some of that skin lol. Gosh where is everyone.

Shy Moment
03-24-2008, 07:55 PM
Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. The weather was pretty nice and we spent a great deal of time together. I have a lovely weekend.

alisluv
03-25-2008, 03:14 PM
Hi and I hope you found that hamster! THat was too funny! I"ve been at my parents' for the long weekend - trying not to overeat with mom's cooking! I think I survived, just didnt' get any exercise but - back to the grindstone today! Hi Andrea - hope you find the motivation and support you need here, I've found it to be a wonderful place, and I credit it with helping me get started!!

4 more days of spring break - the weather is warming up to the 70's and I've got lots of planting to do - I'm loving it!! Wish everyone a great week!

Shy Moment
03-25-2008, 03:45 PM
ali
We never found the little thing. Have no idea what happened to it. Weather is nice here today. Going to get all but the Windows done in my part of the upstairs today. Will just leave the other wing to do. Still to cold to have the windows out to clean them so they will wait until warmer weather sets in. Thats ok, I will have everything else done but the Windows and blindes and window frames. It isn't always easy to stay on track when you are at someone else's house. Staying on the routine we have and eating what we eat can be difficult.

Shy Moment
03-26-2008, 02:55 PM
Hello everyone
My get up and go has got up and went to someone else's house today. I haven't gotten a thing done and don't feel like doing much besides breathing lol. I know I will get my to do list done before I let myself go to bed but darn I wish I would find some energy so I can get something done now instead of later. Where is everyone. I need you all here. You all are the perfect excuse for me to sit here and not get anything done :)

Shy Moment
03-28-2008, 02:49 AM
Today is a much better day. I got all my to do list done and had tons of extra time this evening to do nothing at all. As I get older I enjoy more and more this nothing at all time lol.

alisluv
03-28-2008, 09:31 PM
I know what you mean! I find myself at first feeling guilty for having "nothing" time .... watching TV, reading, staring at the birds in the yard...but gosh, what a boost to the morale and health of us all to take time for ME!

I'm afraid I haven't done well with eating since being back home. Lots of excuses - none of them good. I havent' exercised either. I'm afraid to get on the scale. Oh dear....I've got to get my butt back in gear. Will be in Washington DC next week for 3 days with 100 fifth graders! Yikes!!

Have a great weekend!

Shy Moment
03-28-2008, 10:46 PM
alis
Well I would think that trip would burn off about a billion calories just keeping a close eye on all those kids lol. Just watch what you eat and you should be ok. Hope you have a nice time.

Shy Moment
03-31-2008, 06:38 PM
Was a busy weekend and morning but rest time is here. Bunch of spring cleaning done. Winter drapes taken down and warm weather curtains put up. Bread baking is done and floors are scrubbed. The rest of the day is for one more walking/aerobic video and then for what ever I want it to be for. People laugh because I am so organized. People laugh that I have a very clean house ( must not have a life if my house is so clean someone suggested lol ). That doesn't mean I don't have a life and don't have time for anything else lol it is only 5:35 pm the day is young.

Shy Moment
04-01-2008, 07:14 PM
Oh what a lazy day it seems. I have been busy all day and done nothing it seems lol.

alisluv
04-01-2008, 09:19 PM
Hi Rennie -

Hope you don't feel discouraged by a busy day when you think you did nothing - I'm sure you did!! I spent most of the day fending off April Fool's tricks by the kids and teachers - LOL - but it's great that we all have a sense of humor. Tomorrow we leave at 5:30 am for Washington, DC -- 100 fifth graders, 4 teachers, 2 administators, 15 parents, and 2 buses. We go non-stop from 6:30 am - 9:30 pm every day, and get home Friday night about 10 pm. ALL of our meals are going to be eaten in FOOD COURTS - yikes! So I'm praying for lots of Subways!!

Hope you have a good finish to the week, and a relaxing weekend!

Shy Moment
04-01-2008, 10:34 PM
subways are everywhere thank heavens lol.

Shy Moment
04-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Was a nice out today but a bit chilly. Right now I am loving the sky lights in the den because I can see the buds on the trees. Been a rough day to exercise but I am getting it done. This time the DOT is not only a bit painful but just doesn't seem to want to let up and is making every bone and muscle in my body tired lol.

Shy Moment
04-07-2008, 01:42 AM
Oh it has been a busy few days. My gosh I got a ton of stuff done. Been nice, been a bit chilly, been nice again. My exercise is doing good and my eating is fine. The weight is coming off, maybe not as fast as I would like but it is coming off. Hope everyone is having a great day.

alisluv
04-08-2008, 08:59 PM
HI ya - I sooo wish my weight was coming off!! I ate horribly in DC -- (Food Courts for every meal, they were too tempting) -- but we walked at least 400 miles (ok, it FELT like that in Arlington lol)-- but still, I gained back 2 pounds and hadn't lost any in like 2 weeks before THAT! I'm sooo discouraged!

I dont' feel like exercising, and so all I'm doing is watching what I eat at home now....but still, I feel like I'm stuck. Help!

Shy Moment
04-09-2008, 01:12 AM
alis
Hope you had a nice time in dc. Eating in food courts will cause gain to happen but you are home now. I am going to tell you what I tell myself. Yes, I talk to myself lol.

I HAVE time to exercise because I DON'T have time to not be fit and trim.

I HAVE time to eat right because I NO longer have time to be over weight.

Doesn't always matter what we FEEL like doing. We are big people and we do what we need to do. Maybe keep track of what you are eating. Maybe you aren't eating as well as you think you are. It really does take a lot of eating to get the required amounts of the four basic food groups in. Maybe see if you are staying in some good ranges as far as calories, fats and carbs. Just tweaking what you are doing might help you get over this rough patch.

Shy Moment
04-11-2008, 11:46 PM
Well, have been busy trying to figure out what to do with the rabbit. Don't really want him in my solarium but I can't have him in the house ( he is litter box trained ) because the cat does not like him at all. This is my big challenge at the moment. Don't really want to put him outside sure don't want to stick him in the basement, even thou I could make a nice place for him. So for now, he stays where he is. Poor little thing doesn't get enough attention out there. Only go out to mess with him a few times a day lol. He is a pretty little lop eared rabbit and when people see pics of him they think he is a dog lol.

Shy Moment
04-14-2008, 08:24 PM
Well, the zoo was a bust. It wasn't so much the rain since it didn't rain a lot until Sunday. It was the wind, the air was already damp and the wind just make it seem cold. Hoping to go in a couple of weeks. Did 4 miles at the mall so I could complete Ez's 5k and that was funny. Yelling at the hubby the whole time to catch up. My gosh that man walks slow. I would be tired if I walked that slow I GET TIRED trying to walk as slowly as he does lol.

Shy Moment
04-17-2008, 11:18 PM
Another day another dollar as they say. Nothing special going on here. Still working on the new hook rug. Getting ready to finish up spring cleaning if it is nice and warm out this weekend. Want to have it all finished before I start on the outside. Eating and exercising, that is about all. Just normal days one day after another.

Shy Moment
04-20-2008, 12:07 AM
Been a busy day here. I had to catch up on exercise because my knee and hip were bothering me all week. Have about half of what I want done around the house done. Rest for tomorrow doing extensive cleaning instead of just day to day cleaning. I forgot a few things at the store, don't you hate when that happens so I have to go out tomorrow to get them. Have gotten 5 miles of walking/aerobic exercise have 5 more to do tomorrow. Tomorrow will be another kind of busy day. Church and finish up the cleaning and laundry I haven't gotten done. Finish the shopping and finish the exercise. I will be all caught up and a happy camper when my little peeper pop open Monday morning.

Shy Moment
04-23-2008, 05:49 PM
Well, I am a happy camper. The new hook rug is about half done. The sodium weight is gone, boy did I learn a leason. My weigh in today puts me right where I should be for my goals. All is right with my little part of the world.

Shy Moment
04-26-2008, 01:09 AM
The week has been going pretty good. I had to cut back on the amount of walking/aerobic videos I am doing from 8 to 10 miles a day to 6 miles a day because it was beating up the knees. Other than that everything is pretty much normal around here.

Shy Moment
04-29-2008, 03:37 PM
Usually stuff around here. When I think I am done I find 20 things I still want to do lol. The grass has decided it isn't going to stop growing anytime soon and I swear I no more than get it cut and I have to turn around and cut it again. I have been thinking it might just be nice to have a lawn like the Brady bunch had, AstroTurf lol.

Shy Moment
05-01-2008, 10:41 PM
Been a couple of days since I posted. Things are just day in and day out. The weight is coming off much more slowly now but I expected that. Said to myself today is the first. New month, new exercise schedule and time to tweak things a bit. Will see how things go.

Shy Moment
05-05-2008, 03:40 PM
Hello everyone
Was a strange weekend. Got this and that done but never got to those and them lol. Had a nice little walk in the park and watched some old episodes of Benson, loved that show. Now it is Monday and back on the schedule I usually keep of exercise every week day. The weekend break was nice.

Shy Moment
05-07-2008, 10:34 PM
Dog hasn't been doing to well the last couple of days so I took her to the vet today. Guess she was in a lot of pain because of arthritis in her back legs that is why she was acting the way she was acting. They gave her some meads and I am to call in a couple of days to let them know if they are working. I was a bit worried because she is 14 and I was afraid they were going to tell me I needed to put her down. Sure hope the meads make her feel better. I am going to miss her when her time with me is over.