Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 01:48 PM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia #174

Good morning everybody

We made it back home and had a wonderful trip. We landed in Ft. Lauderdale at 11:30 p.m. and made our way to our hotel. The next morning it was 86F and I got all dressed up in my summer clothes and quickly burned a bit! After lunch a huge storm came through, causing a black out in Miami and other parts in the south, but didn't affect where we were. The water in the streets, however, was like huge swimming pools. Then is started to get cold, and it was a couple of days before I was back in anything cool. We made our way to Orlando, where we visited the Epcot Center and the Kennedy Space Center. Then we drove along Cape Canavaral and Cocoa Beach to Melobourne. That is where I will go if I go again to Florida. Didn't care that much for Ft. Lauderdale. Next time I want to go see the other side of Florida. Anyway, the temps got down into the low 60's while in Orlando, and much colder at night. The good thing was that it got cold, with no humidity and I did great in that weather Then it was off to Georgia where I visited with a friend. We drove through Tennessee (Meme, if I had realized I was doing that I sure would have stopped to see you) and Kentucky and into Indiannia, on our way to Chicago. I loved those Smokey Mountains in Tennessee. I'll bet they are beautiful in the summer. They are very different from the mountains I am used to visiting. In Chicago, I stayed with a life long friend (friends since we were 7 yrs old) It was just too short, but great! Then across Illinois, Iowa and Nebraska, into Wyoming, where we again stopped and visited, then up from Wyoming through Montana and back into Alberta, where the weather greeted us with spectacular sunshine and temps of 56F (almost one of the warmest spots we visited ) The only "bad" weather we really had, was going over a mountain pass from Wyoming into Montana, and it was for about an hour. Just lots of icy stuff.

All in all, had a great trip, drove over 4000 miles and saw lots of your beautiful country. Lot's of the Northern States look just like the Southern parts of Canada. I did manage to pick out a few places I do want to go revisit.

Glad to be home, and Mima and Tammy, glad you had a good holiday. That 86F temp. in Florida, with that humidity was way to much for me. I had a hard time breathing, so glad it got cooler.

Joanne and Tammy, glad you two had a great visit. it is so nice to meet your internet friends. That is who I visited in Georgia and Wyoming. A couple of gals I have known for 8 years now.

Meme - hope you ae doing well and feeling better.

Everybody have a great day.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:30 PM   #2  

Default Hey There

Glad you had a good trip Happy.. Yes next time visit this side of Fl...
Well Girls today I am 3/4 of a century old..A couple days ago I felt older.. That heart cath knocked me to my knees.. I feel much better today.
The hubby and I went to lunch . He gave me a card and some money.. Now I can go shopping.. Our daughter sent me a Gift cert. and flowers. She says we will go shopping when she comes for Easter..Our son and Daughter-in-law will come over this evening and bring dinner.. I told them to make it light..
I have to get it together and lose some weight..I want to lose 10 lbs but will take 5lbs.
Hope everybody is well...Joanne
Old 03-10-2008, 04:58 PM   #3  

Hi Joanne - so glad that you are feeling better. Hope I don't ever need that done. Sounds like you are enjoying a nice day. Money and gift certificates, lunch out and dinner all cooked - what more could a gal ask for! Have a very happy birthday.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:19 PM   #4  

Welcome back to Anne and a Happy Birthday to Joanne!!!

Anne, I was at Epcot on Feb. 28!! We were so close!

Joanne, it sounds like you have a nice day planned with someone bringing dinner. I'm with you on getting some pounds off. I moved my little butterfly while we were in the south, but it hasn't moved since. I'm glad that it hasn't moved in the wrong direction!!!

Tim and I are flying to Orlando and hitting Disney the first week of May. My friend who works there can get us a discount, and she told me if I was interested in one to let her know. She gets so many a year, and as of right now, no one else has shown an interest. We'll stay in one of the Value Resorts while we are there. Bob has no interest in going back. Tim and I will split the cost.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:02 AM   #5  

So great you had a nice trip-Joanne and I are on the West coast-come on down.
Wow-what a great birthday, Joanne . Sounds perfect-Congratulations.
I HAVE TO STOP EATING!!!!!!! Ever since the cruise, I have been nibbling-going to throw away some cookies-at least we walked last night.
Today we will take Alison shopping. And lunch.
Suzanne's Godmother contacted me-I need to find her a ride to the wedding. It is pretty far for most folks!!!I do know 3 different people tht might. 2 might have full cars but I am so glad she wants to go.
Yesterday, I ordered Suzanne a Proud Army wife shirt and bumper sticker and a bride "hoodie:: . That's a zippered sweatshirt. Done!!!!
Besides all this, I have 4 bd's this month and 4 next month and 2 in may. Next year, they are getting a card and a dollar!!!! Haha-we added 4 to our family this year.
Suzanne and Jim went out with Bobby and Pam-S said they were holding hands-I have NEVER seen him with a gf and he will be 33 this month,
Red Sox game on Thurs!!! Mima
Old 03-12-2008, 11:56 AM   #6  

Mima, I'm with you on the eating. It seems like we were snacking on our trip, and not really eating real meals. I did lose a few pounds, but since we've been home the scales are at a standstill. Of course, since we've been home, I haven't gotten out to do any walking or anything either.
I like what you are getting for Suzanne!! Cool!! We've cut back on gifts for everyone. Once the kids are out of college, they are on their own. My niece is getting married in June, so we'll be getting shower gifts and wedding gift of course, but B-days and Christmas is just a card now.
My hubby and I got married when he was 33. I wasn't his first wife though.

Bob just went to Subway to get lunch. Glad we have one in town. Tim is finally out of bed and in the shower. I've been dusting, but stopped when I realized that we need to change filters that are in the wall and ceiling in 2 different spots. I'm sure there will be some dust flying from that.

I took a Tylenol PM before I went to bed last night. Since we've been home, I have had a terrible time sleeping and my back has hurt so bad every morning. I slept last night AND my back didn't hurt as bad. It's the lower back, and I know it's the arthritis. Not much to be done about it.

Hope you are all doing well!!
Old 03-13-2008, 06:50 AM   #7  

Hi-I have been still eating way to much-Suzanne cut the carbs and she feels great.I ate bread pudding last night and hurt like crazy,
Our friend Joyce is in the hospital-her heart was beating irregularly so they need to fix it-she' s hoping to avoid surgery. I need to make calls for her and put her on the prayer list in Sunday school-we have a prayer chain.
Going to A Red Sox game with Mike-bought the ticket for his birthday.I have my Ortiz shirt from the VBS sports theme.
We got Al's dress -very pretty but shoes are a problem-her foot has a high arch and is a children's size. And she wants grown-up shoes, of course.
I have been doing searches to no avail.
Hi all-Mima
Old 03-14-2008, 11:29 AM   #8  

Good morning ladies.

It has been so nice out the past week, but today, I guess we are due to get a little bit of snow. It is still winter here, that is for sure.

Mima - glad things are coming together. Hope you can find shoes. What size does she wear? I have forgotten, when IS the wedding? Hope you and Brad are feeling better.

Tammy - so you have Tim home. Enjoy your time together. Tammy, try those Therma Care wraps on your lower back. They stay warm for 8 hours and they really help the arthritis in my lower back. I use them at work a lot of the time. Keeps the muscles relaxed. They are kind of expensive, but I use them sparingly, and only when I really must. I used one when we flew to Florida as well. If I don't, my lower back gets in such a snit!

Joanne - where have you been since your birthday? Hope it was good. Sounds like you were having yourself a really nice day.

Meme - where have you gone? Hope you are feeling better as well. I wonder if Candice will ever get a new computer and get herself back here.

I am not doing much today. Worked the past 2 days, but we do need groceries. We just picked up a couple of things when we came home a week ago, but they are gone and we have been living out of the cupboard. I guess we could live awhile, but it isn't that great. Need something to cook.

Everybody have a nice day.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:19 PM   #9  

Mima, how is your friend Joyce feeling? Was the game fun?

It has been raining here today. Not much though. Hope it stays like this or we could be in for some flooding in the area because of all of the snow melting.

Anne, I have some of those patches, and I also have a prescription patch (lidoderm?) from the rheumatologist. I try not to use them because of the expense. Maybe I'll put one on before I go to bed tonight and see if it helps. We went to the store the day we got home to stock up, and we've been back several times since when we realize we need something.

Bob and Tim are getting ready to go get haircuts. I might take a short nap while they are gone. I need to do some cleaning, but I'm not in the mood. lol I never am in the mood for that.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:20 PM   #10  

Tammy, the ThermaCare is not a patch, it is a heat belt, so it is like wearing a heating pad for 8 hrs. They are great and Costco is the cheapest place to get them.

I take 222's for the arthritis, unless it gets too bad, then I resort to prescription meds. You don't have 222's in the USA, but they work for me, MOSTLY!!! They have asprin and codeine in them, and you have to get them from behind the counter at the pharmacy. When really, really hurting, I have to take something stronger, but it isn't too often anymore.

We are getting snowflurries today, but it won't stay around, as by Monday we are into warmer weather again.

Sold the old Saab we had, on Tuesday night, so had to look after getting the insurance off it. That is now done. This seems to be my runaround day. I have been to Costco this morning and now going to the regular grocery store.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:35 AM   #11  

Good morning. Our friend Joyce wound up in the hospital because her heart was beating irregularly. she is coming home today. We went to visit last night.
Got 2 pair of shoes for Al to try. The wedding is April 26-we start calling the people who didn't respond today.
We owe 2.000 to the IRS. Not really a good tim efor that but God provides, The real problem is that we didn't send enough money in on or estimated taxes-we thought we would get the apt deductions but most of it is not repairs-it's remodeling. I kept telling Brad we need to send in more money but he said no so it's his fault, tight. Oh well, it's pay now or pay later.
I bet Meme is working on those taxes.
Baking Mike a cake for his bd today. Triple chocolate!!
My back is brutal and my hip is too. It;s gor something to do with my legs and feet, because my feet keep cramping. I need a massage. I will get one but tell him to take it easy on my back-last year I didn't know about all the srthritis. Those injections did not help.
I saw the prettiest jacket at BJ's. I think I will buy it when we go for our Easter shopping. I ahve 2 showers to go to and Easter.
Suzanne is doing well not eating flour and sugar.
Bye for now-mima
Old 03-15-2008, 10:20 AM   #12  

Default Hey There

Hello Everybody- That H/cath put me down for a couple days.. I didn't realize it would make me feel so bad.. I have beem busy running here and there and just don't seem to find time for me.. That has got to change.. I haven't been eating right and so have gained a couple pounds+.. That is going to change too,,
Our G/son is getting married in June so the daughter says I need a new dress. I guess I will spend some money..I already informed the hubby he is going to put on a tie and jacket for the wedding.. I hate to say how that went over.. I told him he could do what I asked or not go..Giving him a heads up 3 months may not have been the best but it let him know so we don't have to fight the day of the wedding.
Got to close he is wanting to go to Walmart..Later
Joanne
Old 03-16-2008, 05:59 AM   #13  

Well, my son says he's not wearing a pink shirt for D wedding-I thought the boys would llook nice in their suits with pink shirts. It's not my call,
Brad is good-I bought him a pink shirt and dark tie to wear with his black jacket and pants.
Celebrated Mike's bd-boy, that cake was awesome-I took 2 beanos and 2 lactaids and have less of a stomache ache than usual.
I also made a casserole for Joyce. Will do some shopping for her today. She wants some drink they gave her in the hospital but doesn't know the name of it-that's Joyce, I am going to the health food store for the last time. before we go.
Bye for now-Mima who is dreading that cold weather to come.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:56 AM   #14  

Default Hey There

Mima- The drink was probably Insure...They give it all the time in hospitals and nursing homes. It is usually used when the patients don't eat well and they need the extra nourishment..
The Heart dr. changed a med . It makes me feel really tired.. But I have only taken it for 2 days.I see another Dr tomorrow . I'll see what he says..
Louie has 2 pink shirts. He asked for me to buy them.. These days men wear all colors..I like them. I wish there was a better choise of pants. All I can find are browns.black and some dark blue for him..
Hello Tammy,Meme, and Happy..
Joanne
Old 03-16-2008, 10:31 PM   #15  

Anne, I know exactly what you are talking about! I forgot about them. I had some of those heat belts a few years ago when we were on vacation.

Mima, we have all of our tax stuff together to take to the accountant tomorrow. I had it done last year, and I wasn't sure about a few things, so we checked with her. She found some places that she knew about, changed them, and we ended up getting a bit of money back. I don't think we will get back this year though. Just hope we don't owe too much. Triple chocolate cake!!!!! YUMMY!!

Joanne, I remember when my mother had a heart cath, and she was the same way for a couple of days. Take it easy young lady!! I have to get a new dress for my niece's wedding in June. Maybe we should go shopping together!!! I thought the same thing about what Mima's friend Joyce was drinking at the hospital. That's what Bob was drinking. We still keep it on hand, and he drinks one every couple of days. Sometimes more often.

Tim went back to school this afternoon. I know he was glad to get back to see his girlfriend. They didn't see each other over break, but they talked on the phone every day. Also IM on the computer.
Closed Thread