Old 03-10-2008, 12:56 PM   #1  

Height: 6'0"

Default Thin4Life - Week of 3/10/08

Happy Monday, everyone. I do hope you changed your clocks (spring forward). I do not like changing the clocks twice a year. As a matter of fact, a representative in Florida is writing a bill to eliminate the clock change in our state. Several other states have done this and it works for them.

This weekend I went to St. Pete and saw my cousin that I haven't seen in about 17 years. It was good to see him. We played golf, too, but we were so cold. It was very windy here and temps in the 40's. I know that doesn't mean much to those of you digging out of snow.

I went to a bridal shower on Saturday and it turned out well. The organizer ordered those M&M's that can be personalized. She put the bride's and groom's names on one and "tie the knot" on the other. That was cute; of course, I ate all of mine!

Congrats to Tanya for the loss! That is terrific. Good luck with the new job. Your first day is always a little scary, but you'll do well. How interesting that there are no nurses. That means you will have many more responsibilities.

Melissa, I feel so bad for all of you who have had so much snow. That has to be horrible.

How is everyone else?
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 12:31 PM   #2  

Height: 6'0"

Lori, Oh, here's a big Traveling can be so frustrating. Some people think it's so glamorous, but it's not. And it was so nice that the airline was kind to you when your flight was canceled. Oooh, sorry, too about the gain. I hope you can get back on track. Sorry work is so stressful, too. Why do you have to go to West Palm? It should be nice there. Make sure you go to Palm Beach--cool.

I made a new soup recipe last night and was so looking forward to it. Well, it was burned on the bottom and DH wouldn't even eat it. I felt so bad. We both ate our salads and threw out the rest of the soup. I don't know what happened. That recipe went in the trash.
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 03:15 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Good afternoon! It's been busy here this week--we're in the midst of our annual orientation mailing along with a bunch of other things going on. Today we had our Women's History Month Tea at the library and I was in charge of making the chicken salad; we had a lot of people bring desserts so everything turned out really nice. We had over 75 reservations!

We're still digging out from the snow--the official total was 24.8" which is a lot of snow for us! The side roads are still pretty bad and the worst part is that some people haven't dug their cars out so the plows can't get down the streets to plow them. People are getting cranky but unless their neighbors get out and get their cars moved the city can't do a whole lot other than tow the cars.

Tomorrow I take DS #2 to the ENT for a consult about his ears. He is just finishing up his antibiotic and is still all stuffed up and he said this morning that his ear is plugged again. Poor kid! I'm hoping we'll learn something tomorrow.

I'm going to stop by the center for a quick WI but won't be able to stay for a meeting since his appointment is for 12:30 and my meeting is usually at 12:15 so I'll have to bypass this time. I need to know where I'm at.

Lisa: I've had to throw a whole recipe out before too and it's so frustrating!

[b]There is nothing more frustrating than canceled flights! The weather was pretty crazy over the weekend. I'm not a big fan of how the airlines handle their customer service, especially when it's weather related. At least you were able to get on a train to get home. I was stuck in Cincinnati one time and ended up sleeping in the airport. That was an experience!

The sun is shining here today and the forecast is calling for some snow tonight; I can handle that but not the ice!

Where's everyone else????
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 01:46 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

It seems like we've got two threads going but I'm going to post here and hopefully it'll be seen

What a difference a couple of days make! It's 49 degrees here today and the sun is out--I was able to go outside over the lunch hour and get some walking in. There are still sidewalks with a lot of snow/ice but I was able to steer clear of those areas. It felt good to be outside.

DS #2 is going to have to have surgery to take out his tonsils/adenoids, which is what we figured. They can't do anything until they clear up his sinus infection--evidently he's got a "raging infection" and the doctor was surprised he didn't have any complaints of headache, pressure, etc. They did do a hearing test and he did not do well with that; the fluid is impairing his ear drums so he's has some hearing loss from that. I know that once DS #1 had his surgery that he was able to get all of his hearing back. DS #2 hasn't had problems that have been recurrent but the size of his tonsils and the fact that he snores (loud) warrants the removal.

I wasn't able to go to my meeting yesterday but I did drop by the center to get weighed in and I was up 1.8#; I wasn't totally surprised since I haven't been getting my water in. Overall I'm doing okay just need to focus more on the 8 guidelines.
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 02:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 200.6/174.4/150

Height: 5'6

Oops I was still posting on last weeks thread. I was wondering where everyone was, lol.

It has been warming up here the last few days. It's still cool and windy, but the sun is out and it's still light out at 7pm, which I LOVE! I am getting a lot of walking in outside with Jackson and using my jogger more often. He would play outside all day and every day if he had his way.

I went to WW this morning and I am down just a half a pound. I am happy w. that, because I thought I would be up. I worked out extra last night and this morning to try and salvage the week. Normally I would have said "I am up, so why bother trying", but instead I went to the gym and worked out my frustrations and it payed off! I am now down 20# total, and I am going to push harder this next week to see if I can make it to 30, before I get pregnant. I mean it could take months, but w. DS we got married in September, and DH was away for half of Oct, and half of Nov, and I got pregnant in December! I am hoping we are as lucky this time, but I am not in a rush. I don't want it to seem like effort or work, but I am looking forward to just seeing how things work themselves out.

I posted on lasts week page, but in case none of you saw that, I started work yesterday. Monday was orientation and was very interesting. This job has GREAT benefits! Yesterday was my 1st day in the office and it was great. We are in a large building, that is half Beth Israel and half Children's Hospital. They main hospital is much larger, but out office is not small at all. We have 4 exam rooms, an ultrasound room, a colposcopy room, lab, reception space lobby and tons off office space and storage. The building is fairly new and beautiful. It is a great environment all together. We are on the same floor as the internal medicine practice, so the space seems overwhelming with both practices, but I was relieved to see that we have our own lab and I have a large desk. I ran patients for most of the day w. another medical assistant and then I was on my own from 2pm-4:30pm. I only had 5 patients on my own, and they were all established patients, so that's quick. Plus two of them were OB and mid pregnancy, so that is super quick. Everyone was very friendly and very helpful and we were out the door at 4:30. My last position I was working 9-5, but rarely made it out before 5:30 and being there after 6pm was not unusual.

Ok I was going to post individual replies, but DS is having a coughing fit and asking for me. Later...

Last edited by tanya1979; 03-13-2008 at 02:27 PM.
tanya1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 04:42 PM   #6  
No Sniveling!

S/C/G: 168/130/130

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone. I've been reading some in here but haven't seemed to have time to post (even though that was my plan to post every day!).

I stayed the same weight wise this week so I'm fine with that. I need to get back to eating more fruits & veggies though. I also want to start trying more new recipes. I am a weirdo. I hate to cook but I love cookbooks. I must have about 200 of them. How strange is that? So my goal is to try using some of those cookbooks!

Lisa-I was at work when the time change happened and it's such a great feeling sitting there at 2 am and then time SPRINGS forward to 3 am
Someone from another agency called at about 1 am and said "What time are you guys doing time change over there this year?"

Lori-hopefully things are going better for you at work. You will get back on track when you're not so frustrated

Melissa-all your snow! It frightens mebut it sounds like it's getting nicer out. Glad to hear your son will be getting help for his ear & tonsil/adenoid problem. Maybe my husband needs his tonsils out, he snores (LOUD) too!

Tanya-your new job sounds great! I can't remember, are you working part time?

I got alot of my hair cut off today. I guess it's just about right below my chin but that is short for me. It was halfway down my back! It feels so light and springy, just in time for summer. Ok, gotta run. My son has a tennis match today so I don't want to miss that.

Talk to everyone later. Jane
greatchoice is offline   Reply With Quote