WW Clubs and Groups - FAB & FIT 40's and 50's ! #3

View Full Version : FAB & FIT 40's and 50's ! #3

Thought I'd start a new thread. Zoe has a message on #2. Check it out!
Hi Zoe. Missed you!
Rylea has gotten soooo big. She is a cutie. I am so glad you and your daughter are going together. You will both be successful I know it.

I had my weekly weigh-in. I lost.7 I am down 13.1.
That is from Jan. The total is 24.7 from back when I started.

Have a good Sunday!!!!!!
Terri

Jenny523
03-09-2008, 09:35 PM
Hi,
This is my first day of feeling well after a really nasty bout with a cold/flu. Missed 2 and a half days of work...am feeling a bit better now but still have lots of congestion/cough. I've been getting flu shots since 2004 and this is the first time I've been sick, so I've been lucky.
Still don't feel anywhere near 100% and we've got our St. Patrick's Day party this Saturday. :eek: I'm glad that Joe and I have it down to a science in terms of prep, and everyone knows what they're supposed to bring.

Good going on the losses, Terri, Ruthie and anyone else I may have missed! :cp:
Congrats on a new start, Zoe! :wave: Miss Rylea is growing up too quickly! She's a cutie.

We're being promised a "heat wave" of temps in the upper 40's :rofl: we should be so lucky, maybe some of the snow will melt?

later,
Jen

Oh Jen, I hope you feel better. That is awful that flu. Britts has something now too and I have pink eye. YUCK!!!
Take care and stay warm. Don't get in your bathing suit with that heat wave coming through. :lol:
Have a great Monday!
Terri

short & sassy
03-10-2008, 01:16 PM
It is a dreary rainy morning here in Louisiana. I think it is suppose to rain all day!! But later on in the week it should be in the 70's!! YEAH! I would love to be home curled up with a good book!!

Welcome back Zoe! Congrats on choosing to get back on the ww wagon. Over the last 5 years I have gained about 20 lbs back, it has been 3 years since I have even really attempted to lose the weight. But like you, it is time and I'm back doing weight watchers online. Friday will be the start of my 3 rd week, and like Terri said, we can do this together.

Terri, did you watch Big Brother last night. I can't wait to find out who gets back in the house. Do you have the live feed this year? MEMORIAL DAY here we come!

Jen, sorry you have the flu. If your weather is as crazy as ours has been, then it's understandable. One day we are in short sleeves, the next we are in coats!

Hey everyone else...Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Hi Ruth,
Yes, I did watch. I didn't watch Tuesday's yet. I hope Allison, Amanda or Alex comes back. I don't want jen cause she really wants to. I did not like her. I like Ryan better without her there.
Yes I have the feed. They are crazy this year.
Stay dry. This weather is nuts. It will be 70 here today.

Dianne,
OMG. Did you see BL last night? I could not believe that Jillian went off on Allison Sweeney. I thought the inner Sammi was going to come out. :lol: That was a crazy episode. I belong to Sparkpeople.com and I belong to a few teams. Biggest Loser fans is a big one. The message boards went crazy last night with all kinds of opinions. These boards can get heated. It is fun. Your Spark Page is set up like a My space with friends and pictures and blogs. Britts and I joined. I track all of my nutritional and exercise info. on there. It is a neat place to explore.
The teams I belong to are Big Brother, Biggest Loser, American Idol, Steelers,
Nicholas Sparks, W8Watchers, Days of our Lives, and the You book Waist Management.

Hi everyone! Have a nice pre-spring day.
Jen,
I hope you feel better.
Terri

dpadro
03-12-2008, 10:18 AM
Hi everyone:

ZoeGirl!!! - Great to see you back here. I understand exactly what you mean about doing ww not just for you but for Jenna as well. It will help you both tremendously to be on program together. :bravo: great job! Miss Rylea is a beauty, and it is hard to believe how grown she looks.

Jen - So sorry to hear you're sick. Take care of yourself & feel better soon. Hope you enjoy your St. Paddy's Day party :irish:

Terri - OMG!!! I was shocked at the way Jillian spoke to Allison and I think Allison was in shock too. In fact, did you see Bob's face?? Holy Moly. I think what's happening with Jillian is that she's realizing she does not have the team that's gonna win this time and she's really pissed off. I bet after the show, someone had a talk with her about the way she behaved, at least I hope so. "Sami" handled it well, though - and she got the last word in when she said something like "take note that with all the tension tonight, it turned out that a woman won the weigh in", since it seemed like Jillian was acting like it couldn't be done.

I'm glad to see Ali back, I think she deserved to come back and she looks fantastic. I'm really glad Dan's mother didn't stay. So sorry to see Mark back, lol - I thought he was gone for good. I really hoped Bernie would be the one to come back, and he lost it by only 2 lbs :( How come they didn't kick Brittney or Maggie out last night, though? I guess they didn't have time with all the old contestants getting weighed, etc. Okay, enough TBL talk, I could go on all night:p Congrats, Terri on your loss to date, great job!

Es, amiga - how are you feeling? I hope you are doing better. Is David's wedding this May or next year? Senior moment, lol.

I went to see a play last night (had to tape TBL) called "in the Heights", meaning Washington Heights - I think you would have enjoyed it. The neighborhood was represented by people from PR, DR, Cuba and Mexico. It was great. Willie and I loved it and we'll probably go back again. His son Darren got free tickets and we had great seats. I didn't get to bed until 3:00 a.m. because I had to watch my TBL:dizzy:

Ruthie, :bravo: to you too on your loss and going down to the next level!

Hi Sandy - how are you doing?

I missed ww this past Saturday, but I feel like I've lost. I plan on exercising tonight, tomorrow and Friday to give myself a better shot and to feel good too. It helps alot.

Well, I gotta get back to work. This was a novel, lol. Talk to you's soon.

:hug:
Dianne

Dianne,
We must have been typing at the same time. We both just gave a sumary of the BL. :lol: It was CRAZY!!!! Can't wait til' next week.
That play sounds so good. I need to go to some around here.
Have a great day!
Terri

Zoe
03-12-2008, 09:10 PM
Hi everyone :wave:

Well, our first week back (me back, Jenna new) to WW didn't get me as much weight loss as I've lost in the past, in the first week.....but I'm being realistic and moving forward. I lost 4 lbs and Jenna lost 4.8! She was dancing like a fool....:lol: :carrot:

Yes, Miss Rylea has grown. Remember when she was just born??? She turned 2 on January 6th so she's now over 26 months old!. When she's here, when I get in from work, I go outside since they like to sit out by the pool, and when I peek out the door, she yells "NeNe, sit down, sit down!!" She is my life and my :love:

Dianne ~ yes, it is so much easier to do this with someone going to meetings with you. Jenna wants to have another baby but wants to lose 20 lbs first......so in the interest of ME having another RYLEA, I'll stick with it and help her out. :lol:

Jen ~ hope you're feeling better. I haven't had the flu in years and this year was my FIRST flu shot.....but I rememeber.....feel better.

Terri Great job on losing 13.1 since January! I know you must feel great!

Ruth ~ did you get the 70 degree weather? It snowed here a week ago and today, 85......crazy weather!!

Hi to anyone I missed......it's great to be back. I've missed you's guys so much. No matter how often I go MIA, I always come back. :D

Have a great Thursday tomorrow

Great losses. Tell Jenna we are happy dancing!!!!!!!!:carrot::broc::cheer::bunny2:
Congrats!!!!!!!!
Terri
Here is a mental exercise. You lost 16 sticks of butter. Now mentally unwrap that and squish it it in your hands. That is fat. It is gone from your body.

Here is something fun!

I borrowed this from another group.

I lost somwhere between a bald eagle and 10 dozen large eggs.

"Here are some weight comparisons...

Now.. What equivalent have you shed and what will you be shedding?

1 pound = a Guinea Pig
1.5 pounds = a dozen Krispy Kreme glazed donuts
2 pounds = a rack of baby back ribs
3 pounds = an average human brain
4 pounds = an ostrich egg
5 pounds = a Chihuahua
6 pounds = a human’s skin
7.5 pounds = an average newborn
8 pounds = a human head
10 pounds= chemical additives an American consumes each year
11 pounds = an average housecat
12 pounds = a Bald Eagle
15 pounds = 10 dozen large eggs
16 pounds = a sperm whale’s brain
20 pounds = an automobile tire
23 pounds = amount of pizza an average American eats in a year
24 pounds = a 3-gallon tub of super premium ice cream
25 pounds = an average 2 year old
30 pounds = amount of cheese an average American eats in a year
33 pounds = a cinder block
36 pounds = a mid-size microwave
40 pounds = a 5-gallon bottle of water or an average human leg
44 pounds = an elephant’s heart
50 pounds = a small bale of hay
55 pounds = a 5000 BTU air conditioner
60 pounds = an elephant’s penis (yep, weights more than his heart!)
66 pounds = fats and oils an average American eats in a year
70 pounds = an Irish Setter
77 pounds = a gold brick
80 pounds = the World’s Largest Ball of Tape
90 pounds = a newborn calf
100 pounds = a 2 month old horse
111 pounds = red meat an average American eats in a year
117 pounds = an average fashion model (and she’s 5’11”)
118 pounds = the complete Encyclopedia Britannica
120 pounds = amount of trash you throw away in a month
130 pounds = a newborn giraffe
138 pounds = potatoes an average American eats in a year
140 pounds = refined sugar an average American eats in a year
144 pounds = an average adult woman (and she’s 5’4”)
150 pounds = the complete Oxford English Dictionary
187 pounds = an average adult man
200 pounds = 2 Bloodhounds
235 pounds = Arnold Schwarzenegger
300 pounds = an average football lineman
400 pounds = a Welsh pony"

luv you guys
Terri

Shy Moment
03-13-2008, 01:11 AM
Terri
Thank you for that information. It is motivational to me to see how much I have lost and what I was carrying around.

When I did my weigh in today I thought WOW 50 lbs. 50 lbs, that is a bag of potatoes. A bag of potatoes that I can't even pick up lol.

Zoe
03-13-2008, 08:22 AM
Terri, thanks for this list! I am going to send it to Jenna - very interesting. It makes you feel even BETTER about even the smaller losses.

Thanks again

HI Shy,
You are welcome. CONGRATS on the loss. :carrot: Welcome! You have done so well. Those potatoes are heavy indeed.
Tell us about yourself.

Zoe,
My pleasure. I thought it was cute. You and Jenna keep going. You are doing great.
Terri

Shy Moment
03-13-2008, 06:44 PM
I am 46. Married and have two children ages 21 boy and 17 girl. I say I am the Miss Marple of the neighborhood. I tend to know what is going on but I don't say a word to anyone about anything. Oh the neighbors would be glad of that if they knew what I know lol.

I love to hook rugs and make quilts. I love Leslie Sansone walking/aerobic videos and do them several times a day. I gained a ton of weight thanks to our wonderful doctors and them packing pills down peoples throats lol. Then I added a few more lbs to that weight gain by not watching what I was eating.

Now, I am in control. I tend to count calories but am more worried about fat, and carbs. I find if I keep those two things within the general ranges I allow myself. The calories take care of them selfs.

I am painfully shy off the net but on the net I chat with people the same way I do with my oldest friends. I love to encourage people because I know everyone needs an encouraging word. I tell lots of story's about the neighbors, my husband and my children. Because of this, I make people laugh. Hey, truth is funnier than anything if you know how to tell it lol. When I help someone with a kind word, a story, a piece of advice or by telling them when I am having a hard time. It helps me too.

I have worked outside the home off and on but haven't worked for about 4 years since they closed the warehouse down I managed because the company wanted to save money. I am kind of looking for another job but there isn't much around my neck of the woods. Jobs are pretty hard to find around here.

I enjoy hearing how people are doing and from their strengths and weaknesses I find I am not so difference and I don't feel alone on this journey I am taking to a more healthy and thinner body. I am very lucky that my husband is very supportive.

I acknowledge that without God beside me I could never have accomplished what I have so far in my life. I know he is there beside me to help me lose weight too. All I have to do is listen when he talks to me.

Miss Marple,
AH! Good ole' Agatha Christy. My mom has every book.
I love the idea of using the cheerleaders.
I am a lifetimer on Weight Watchers. I lost 50 back in 84' and then along came three children:
Brittany 21, Brandon 16, and Bradley 15. I have been married 25 yrs. to Bruce.
I then rejoined in 2003. I lost 55 and I have regained some and now I have finally realized that this is a lifestyle not a diet. I am a teacher but I sub now. I don't want to work full time right now.
I for one would love to hear about your neighbors.
Keep up the good work.
Terri :broc: :broc: :broc: :broc:
Didn't want to copy completely.

Shy Moment
03-13-2008, 11:01 PM
I really wish I could blame all this extra weight on having babies. Ummm gained 11 with my first and 8 with my second and weighted the same after I had them as when I got preggy with them, 120 pounds. I think it was after shock, thats it lol. When my youngest turned 9 the shock of having two children set in and all this weight attacked me. Along with all the meads I was taking that is what caused all this weight. That is my story and I am sticking to it lol.

dpadro
03-14-2008, 09:48 AM
Good morning all:

ZoeGirl - :bravo: on your and Jenna's first week loss - I think 4 and 4.8 are great losses! I think your real motivation is that 2nd Rylea, lol! Great job :cheers:

Terri - I like that chart you sent. It is motivating when you actually picture those lbs as certain items, especially that butter - yuk, 16 bars! :yikes:

Hi Shy and :welcome: :welcome:. Great job on losing 50 lbs., wow.

Jen - Hope you are feeling better and ready for your St. Paddy's Day party!

Es, hi amiga, how are you?

Hi Ruthie and Sandy :wave:

I can't wait for March to be over. For some reason, besides it being April Fool's Day, I just love when April 1st comes around. To me, it really feels like the beginning of Spring and all kinds of new beginnings. I missed ww last week, but I think (HOPE) I'm doing okay.

Gotta run, have a great weekend everyone.

Hugs,
Dianne

Love your tracker. That is so cute.
I gained 42 with my first. Lost about 25 and was about 15 over pre-preg. weight and then gained 30 with the second one and was about 10 over that pre-preg. weight. So let's see that makes 25 over no kids weight. I gained only 18 with the third one. Ended up still about 25 over no kids weight which was 150. I wish I was there now. LOL Then the baseball, football, band days happened and a lot of eating out. I am done. But now we have Lacrosse. Hope there are no concessions at those.
Hope all is going well for everyone.
Terri :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Zoe
03-14-2008, 10:47 AM
OMG, TGIF!!! I am SO looking forward to the weekend. I wish I could retire. Too young (thank goodness) but still, I'd love to be home every day.

Jenna and I will be going to WW Saturday morning. We started 2 Monday's ago and went last Monday for our first WEEK weigh in. But since Monday isn't a good day for us, I want to have my WI day back to Saturday's, like it used to be. So we'll go Saturday morning - the bad thing is that it's not a full week, only 4 days - so my loss won't be much, if any :( I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's at least DOWN, even a "point" something.

Shy :welcome3: to our elite group. My name is Patti but I go by Zoe. I will be married 29 years in May, have 2 children - Jenna 32 and Christian 28 this month. We have a beautiful grand daughter Rylea (pronounced Ry-Lee) which you can see on my avitar. I've been a member here since February of 2000 although I go "MIA" every once in awhile. Most recently due to gaining all my weight (and then some!) back. But I'm back again and ready to take on these pounds that need to go! You'll love it here and love these gals. And just an FYI, if it weren't for God, I'd never accomplish anything either. :D

Terri - I passed that list to some of my dieting co-workers and they all had a ball with it. Thanks again!

Dianne - I love April too.....spring will spring! :D It's going to be 88 degrees here in Texas today

Hi to everyone else....I'm at work, gotta run

Shy Moment
03-14-2008, 06:55 PM
dp
I can't wait until April 18th. It is my anniversary and I have a goal set for then. I see no reason I won't hit it. I have been really excited the last couple of weeks to see that goal coming closer and closer. Doesn't feel like 50lbs. I really wish I could see more of a difference than I do.

Most of my weight gain was being so very sick for so many years in a row. Oh the pills I had to take. That is all over with I hope. The thought of eating anything that someone has touched just turns my tummy most of the time lol ( probably good for me ). So eating out doesn't hurt me a bit. Hubby says I have always been a cheap date since I want to cook lol. When tennis season comes back around ( my daughter plays on the school team ). We either eat before or after and I take celery with me to munch on. I have a pair of binoculars and I " bird watch " lol. I also generally, in nice weather, sit on my porch every morning and watch the world ( or the two neighbors lol ) go by.

Zoe
Don't go MIA through the hard times. I have found the hard times are when I need everyone here more than ever.

Zoe
03-15-2008, 12:31 PM
Today Jenna and I went to WW so that we could change our WI day from Monday evenings to Saturday mornings. Since we JUST weighed on Monday, we didn't hold out much hope for a big loss - not after only 4 days.

BUT......

I lost 3.7 lbs!!!!

and Jenna lost 4.6 lbs!!!

Woo Hoo......can't wait till next Saturday!!

Zoe,
CONGRATS to you and Jenna!!!!
That is awesome. I'll bet you guys are motivated.
I like Saturdays better. If I go out to eat I get nervous water weight will still be there on Monday.

So according to my list Jenna & you have lost:
:Jenna: Between a chemical additives an American consumes each year and a human head.
:Zoe: An average newborn

All RIGHT!!!!!!!!!

Shy,
Which anniversary is it? I have been married 25 years. I love anniversaries.
We got married right before people started videotaping them. I would love to see it on screen.
I still want to hear about those neighbors. :lol:
What kind of sickness did you have?

Hi Everyone!
I lost 3 POUNDS I was so excited.
I have lost (according to my list) the equivalency to a sperm whale's brain.
I have lost 27.7 total and 16 since restarting this past January.

I hope y'all have a wonderful Saturday!

Luv ya guys,
Terri

:broc: :broc: :broc: :broc: :broc: - each five pounds gone.

happycamper4
03-15-2008, 04:43 PM
Jen I can sympathize with you. I have had that flu now for 12 days and still not good. Doc keeps saying hang in there, it takes weeks to get over and boy is he right!!! (:

I keep thinking I will wake up one morning and say WOW I do feel good.

Drink fluids and rest.

Linda

dpadro
03-15-2008, 11:29 PM
Congrats Zoe, Jenna & Terri on your losses :bravo:

I lost 2.2 this week, so I'm on :cloud9:

Hi to everyone - gotta get to bed. Babysat for 7 hrs. today with 5 kids :yikes: so knocked out right now. Be back tomorrow.

Hugs,
Dianne

Congrats Dianne. Feels good huh? I'll bet you are 1 tired woman right now.
Rest well tonight.
Terri

Zoe
03-16-2008, 10:54 AM
Dianne :cp::cp::bravo::cp::cp: Great loss!!!

Rest up......wow, 5 kiddos! Rylea exhausts me by herself. :dizzy:

Shy Moment
03-16-2008, 11:25 PM
Sorry all was away this weekend helping take care of a friend. Wow seems many here have lost nice going. How many years have I been married ,sometimes it feels like 50 other times it feels like 1 lol.

Zoe
03-17-2008, 08:26 AM
:drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup::drinkup: :drinkup:

Happy St. Patty's Day!

:drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup:

dpadro
03-17-2008, 11:27 AM
HAPPY ST. PADDY'S DAY EVERYONE :lucky: :cupgold: :drinkup:

Jen - How was your party?

Be back later!
Hugs,
Dianne
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/luck02/lb/160/145/148.8/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

dpadro
03-17-2008, 11:40 AM
[QUOTE=dpadro;2103614]HAPPY ST. PADDY'S DAY EVERYONE :lucky: :cupgold: :drinkup:

Jen - How was your party?

Be back later!
Hugs,
Dianne

HELP! I'm trying to put in a new tracker, but I keep getting just the browser and still have the old one as well. What am I doing wrong??
Thanks,
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/luck02/lb/160/145/148.8/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

short & sassy
03-17-2008, 01:45 PM
WOW, everyone is doing so great with their weigh ins. Congrats to Zoe and daughter, Diane, & Terri!! :carrot::cp::cp::cp::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:Well, I'll add to it, I weigh everyday, sometimes more than once ( I know I shouldn't), I officially chart my weight on Fridays and on Friday I was 178.6, but today I was 176.6.....I'm feeling so good about my decision to tackle this and this time I will succeed! I also had a none scale victory to go along with the weight loss. In the fall I purchased a few blouses, and I've been wearing all but one of them. I bought a white blouse in a size 14-16 because the next bigger size was just too large for me. I wore it once, washed it (I swear it shrunk) and afterwards could never get it buttoned again. This morning, I pulled it out of the closet and behold it fit!!! :dance:

I've got to get back to work, I will log back on when I get home this afternoon. Welcome Shy, I'll give you a little bio this afternoon. I'd hate for the bosses to walk around the corner and find me bragging about my weight loss!! LOL

I'll be back this afternoon!!

Shy Moment
03-17-2008, 03:14 PM
short
Ok, how short is short lol. Nice going on the weight loss. WOW nice going on the shirt. You know, sometimes that shirt fitting means much more than the scale.

dp
When I made a new tracker. I opened up a new window to work on it in.

Happy BELATED ST. PATRICK'S DAY

CONGRATS RUTH!!!! Great loss!!!! Congrats also on the blouse.
Terri

dpadro
03-18-2008, 12:03 PM
Hi everyone:

Ruth: :bravo: on the loss and its true, it feels great when something that didn't fit before suddenly fits!

Last night Alana, Sal and I went to the gym. Well....let me tell you..... I did things with this body that were never done before, lol. Usually when I go to the gym I spend about 45 mins on the treadmill for 3 miles. Well my daughter and son-in-law had other plans for me and my body.

I did get to do the treadmill but for only 1/2 hr and 2 miles. Then they began to torture me! I was actually sitting on the floor back to back with Alana turning really quickly side to side handing off a ball (I mean a VERY HEAVY ball) back and forth to each other while twisting my body as its never been twisted, not even when I used to dance the twist!! They had me doing all kinds of machines that I only used to look at while walking to the treadmill. Holy, Moly :yikes:. I kept telling them, my body is 30 years older than yours! But they didn't listen. I thought this morning I would wake up really sore, but thank goodness I'm fine - unless I get a delayed reaction later:p They want to go back on Thursday - I think I'll hide from them and not answer my phone!

Hi Jen, Es, ZoeGirl, Terri (TBL tonite!) Sandy, Shy and welcome to Linda!

Be back later,

Hugs,
Dianne

Dianne,
That is great. You will actually get into the strength training. You might feel it tomorrow. When I start doing strengthing on the bowflex or use the bands
it sets in 2 days later but it isn't bad. The best thing for it is to go again. It actually makes them feel better. Good for you, Alana and Sal. It burns the cals. faster and keeps doing it when you aren't active. I love tht little medicine ball.
I can't wait until tonight. My favorite. They keep showing Brittany all over the internet and in TV guide making us think Maggie left. I wonder???
I saw Dan's hair, not much better. :(
Have a great Tuesday!!!!!!!!!
Terri

Shy Moment
03-18-2008, 01:37 PM
dp
Our children torture us no matter their age lol.

short & sassy
03-18-2008, 01:55 PM
Hey ladies,

DIANE, you'll benefit so much from the workout that your daughter and son-in-law put you through. I wish I had someone to go to the gym with, my husband would probably go...but he tends to make up his on routines on the machines. Half the time I expect him to hurt something!! Maybe I should just hire a trainer for a while.

ZOE, how is Texas. The weather seems to have finally decided to stay in the warm mode. I couldn't believe we had snow one Friday then spring weather the following Friday!! I think we are expecting thunderstorms this afternoon...I'll be sticking close to home.

ES & SANDY, where are you girls. I hope everything is okay!!

SHY, hey there. Well I'm actually 5'1"... I've always said that I took after my grandfather (since both my mom and dad were small)...I got his girth, but the good lord forgot to give me the height to go with it. My granddad was over 6 ft and a very healthy man!! He probably weighed close to 300.

I joined 3fatchicks back in 2000... I've been a part of this forum for almost as long. And like Zoe, I've disappeared a few times to always come back home!! I have been married to my second husband for 24 years this coming November. We have 3 daughters, Angela 26 and Chasity 30 both from my first marriage and his daughter Misty 26 from his first marriage. Together we have nine grandchildren: Nicholas (turns 15 in July), Caylin 9, Aliyah (turns 7 in July), Dylan 6, Brittany 5, Elijah (turns 5 in May), Ty (turns 4 in September), Lindsay (turns 3 in June) and Tiffany (turns 1 in September). Oh and I will turn 50 this September! I started college fulltime in 2001 and graduated in 2005 with a degree in accounting. I currently work for a general agent insurance company, which means we provide insurance to the smaller agents not large enought to have contracts with the actual insurance companies and of course I'm in the accounting department. I recently went back to school (1 class at a time) to obtain another degree in human resouce. Welcome to our little world and we are happy to have you join us.

Well girls, I've got to get back to work. See you tomorrow!

Shy Moment
03-18-2008, 02:07 PM
short
You are very tall then lol. I think my problem is I am not fat. I am just not tall enough for my beautiful big body lol.

dpadro
03-18-2008, 04:35 PM
I just got a voice mail message from someone named Ralph at Planet Fitness to ask if my back was okay and if I was in any pain, lololol - that had to be Sal! He's a joker!;)

D

Shy Moment
03-18-2008, 07:24 PM
Has been a good deal around here. Got some spring cleaning done. Got some exercise done. Think I am going to do a bit more exercise and then clean the wood work in the dinner room and then relax for the rest of the night and work on my hook rug.

Jenny523
03-19-2008, 06:56 PM
Wow! It's busy here!

First of all... :wel3fc: to Shy Moment and Happy Camper. I know you'll like it here.

Secondly..... :congrat: to ALL the losers! I was thrilled to see Zoe (and Jenna), Terri, Diane and Ruthie all post losses. Awesome :D

I'm still under the weather. Went to the dr. yesterday...it's just a cold as I suspected, but accompanied by fatigue and lots of chest congestion. The dr. said it's a strain of flu that mutated and wasn't "covered" by the flu shot. All I know is that I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired! Ok, rant over.

My friend who moved to Iowa was in over the weekend, and then we had the St. Pat's party on Saturday. A very good weekend in all, in spite of feeling under the weather. We served 18 pounds of corned beef, had 26 guests and no leftovers. Had a great time, the evening always goes by very quickly.

I'm slowly getting back on track. Resumed the treadmill yesterday, went shopping today to get healthy food back in the house. Joe's out of town again, will be home on Friday morning, so I'm planning on salad for dinner tonight.

What are everyone's plans for Easter? Jess and her family will be here. I've taken Monday off :D

HI :wave: to all!
Jen

dpadro
03-20-2008, 10:58 AM
Hi everyone:

Jen - Sorry to hear your still not 100% - I know that flu can knock you out. Glad to hear your party was a success and your friend came to visit. :bravo: on the treadmill and getting your supplies in the house, so important.

Yesterday was mine & Willie's anniversary - 24/29 (24 married, 29 together). Next year will be the big 25/30 and we hope to have a party for it. Willie sent me beautiful flowers yesterday to my job and my boss told me to go home early to celebrate. We were supposed to go to this really romantic restaurant, but unfortunately, Willie's stomach was not cooperating - he felt sick and so we just stayed home and watched videos. We will celebrate over the weekend.

I think I'm doing well this week food wise and I plan on exercising (NOT with Alana & Sal if I can help it :p - still hiding from them - just kidding). So I'm hoping for a loss this Saturday. I'm off tomorrow and Monday :carrot: so looking forward to a long weekend. We are all invited to Sal & Alana's for Easter Sunday - I think they're starting a tradition since it was at their house last year as well. We all cook so its not all on one person. Sal's parents will be there too, its nice to spend time with them.

Hi to all the lovely ladies here - have a great day!

Hugs,
Dianne

P.S. Still not able to post new tracker - any suggestions? I'm obviously doing something wrong. Thanks!

Shy Moment
03-20-2008, 12:30 PM
dp
Congratulations on your anniversary. Things don't always go the way we plan them do they. Take a deep breath and I am sure you will get back on plan and move forward. About the ticker. Maybe delete the one you have and then try to put a new one in.

Jenny
Hello
I was so tired yesterday. Was all I could do to get my to do list done. I don't feel sick but darn, the energy level wasn't what it usually is. Hope it is back today. Nothing planned for easter. My kids are older so it is just another Sunday. Same old same old, go to church, clean the house, cook dinner, watch movies lol.

dpadro
03-20-2008, 04:06 PM
I think I finally got it! (the tracker that is). Thanks Shy.

Dianne

Shy Moment
03-20-2008, 05:50 PM
dp
Glad to help. Oh I like your tracker.

short & sassy
03-20-2008, 11:43 PM
Well, it is too late to post much tonight. I just spent an hour on the treadmill. With everyday that passes I become more determined to do this once and for all!! I have 6 months before m 50th birthday and my goal is to weigh in at no more than 140, preferably 135. I would like to reach my goal of 125 by Christmas!! That would be the best gift that I could ever give myself!!

Diane, love the weight tracker. Did you get some exercise in today?

Well, the bed is calling, bet I sleep good tonight!

Jen,
Hope you are doing better. Your party sounds like a success as usual. I want to come. Does everyone wear green?

Dianne,
Sal sounds like a nice guy. Bruce would do something like that. He is always on the phone pretending to be someone. Happy Anniversary. I know you will have a good time this weekend.

Ruth,
I know you will reach your goal. You are well disciplined.

Shy,
I am under tall too. :lol:

We went to Atlanta yesterday to go to the Georgia Aquarium. It was great. We saw the tornado damage. The Omni Hotel, Wessin, CNN building and a lot of others are unreal. I got pictures of the blown out windows. It was so strange. The kids collected glass from the sidewalks for me.

Our van broke down right outside of Atlanta. The next exit had a Midus and rental car place next door and an Applebees. We went to Applebees while Bruce talked to Midus and then they said they needed to keep it overnight so he went to rent an SUV and met us at Applebees. That worked out great. Brittany secretly paid for dinner because she felt sorry for us. :hug: We went home (3 hrs.) in this smaller car and we had a blast going home. No DVDs, no extra room and we laughed and laughed. I sat in the back cause my 6 son would not have been comfortable in the back with the other two. The bad thing is, beside the money, Bruce has to go back down when the car is done. One of us is going with him.

He came up to me and started doing the track sound like in the movie Parenthood about life being a rollercoaster. LOL

I ate really well. I stayed in points. I am so tired.

Terri

Zoe
03-21-2008, 02:16 PM
Hello Ladies :wave:

It's Friday, GOOD FRIDAY, and I'm working today. Jenna is off as is so many others (our phones at work are dead due to people being off).

Tomorrow is our WI and I am really, really anxious. I've been SO good! Oh, and today, everyone brought food to work. I have managed to keep out of it and it's now after 1pm.

There is queso, sausage balls, donuts, cake, taco sticks, a meat and cheese tray, and a veggie tray (guess which one I brought :lol: ) So what I did was have some veggies with a light "spray" dressing in the morning. In the later morning I had a light tortilla (I brought from home) with a slice of fat free cheese (I brought from home) and took 2 thin slices of ham and rolled it up and put it in the microwave. I did the same thing just now for lunch and had a salad with it.

So I'm almost home free......

Ruth - great weight loss and congrats on the blouse!! It's those little milestones that add up. Keep it up! Oh, and the weather right now in TX is great.....sunny and near 80. :D

Dianne - the gym AND the treadmill??? :confused: You're a good girl. I hate exercise but at least I do get out and walk

Terri - I was a little disappointed in Dan's haircut too. I think with a little more over-hauling, he could be cute.

Jen - 26 guests and no leftovers!!! Now THAT'S a great party :lol:

Shy - I think I'm "under" tall too. I tell everyone, I'm not fat, I just should be 8'6" :lol:

Hope I didn't miss anyone. I'll post tomorrow, after we weigh.

Great job at work. It is hard to not give into temptation.
Good luck at weigh-in.
Who do you want to win Biggest Loser?
Hi everyone.
Terri

Shy Moment
03-21-2008, 03:37 PM
Zoe
I know my mother wanted to keep some for her next child. But it would have been nice if she had given me enough inches to reach the top shelfs in my kitchen lol.

I am sorry to hear about the car. At least you had a nice time.

short & sassy
03-22-2008, 11:28 AM
I hate when I spend time on a post then accidently delete it or something before it gets posted!!

Zoe, Congrats on the will power and determination you showed yesterday! I had to work also, we did get off at 3:15...like your work there were very few phone calls yestereday! I guess the best part of the day was the drive to work, with so few cars on the road it was quiet pleasant. Granted our traffic doesn't compare to Dallas traffic, but we do have a few congested areas! How was your weigh in today?

Terri, the car issues were a bummer, but at least your family still enjoyed the time together. Don't you love Applebee's. There are several things on the weight watcher menu that I love!! I went there for lunch yesterday and then out to Olive Garden last night. I ate soup and salad at Olive Garden, no breadsticks; but, I did have one Sangria (berry). I was celebrating my daughters break up with her latest character.

ES, JEN, DIANE, SLY, and Sandy, I hope you guys have a great weekend.

OH, I FORGOT....I WEIGHED 175.4 yesterday!! I'm getting there!!!

dpadro
03-22-2008, 12:16 PM
Good morning all:

Wow, Terri, you all really had an adventure, didn't you? Holy, moly. Glad it turned out okay and you got to go to Applebees - I like Applebees for the ww meals but Willie doesnt' like it. He and, actually Alana, always get stomachaches after eating there. Alana calls it "C--p albees" lol. I didn't think Dan's hair looked too bad considering he's trying to look like a rock star. I thought everyone looked fantastic, especially Brittney and Ali. Actually, Kelly looked great too. What's up with Roger picking on Mark? He doesn't like the new improved Mark, lol. Well, my guess is they will quickly get rid of Kelly and Ali and they'll be the 4 left standing. But, who knows, with all the twists and turns. I'd like Ali to win, though.

ZoeGirl - I see you're a TBL fan too, cool. Great job on avoiding that fat food and sticking to your own. Good luck with wi today for you and Jenna.

Ruthie - good job on the loss - you're getting there!

Hi Shy, Jen, Es (come in here, pretty please!) and Sandy :wave:

Willie and I celebrated at that romantic restaurant last night. It was great. I did have 2 glasses of zinfandel, but I had weekly allowance points planned for it.

Hope you all have very HAPPY EASTER! God Bless!

Hugs,
Dianne

Zoe
03-22-2008, 12:24 PM
Good Saturday Morning!

We just got back from WW and the mall. We tried to get Rylea's photo taken with the Easter Bunny. She just wouldn't have it. She stiffened up and said "no wanna bunny". Needless to say, we didn't force her and just left. I will take some good pictures of her on Easter Sunday.

Weigh in went great. :carrot::cp::carrot: We're dancin' around here. I lost 5.4 and Jenna lost 5.6! Just being the start of our endeavor, it seems like a lot but I'm sure it will slow down soon. Only 45 to go - :rolleyes:

And yes, Greg and I both are BL fans. I really like Roger - something about him.....and I also like Dan. For some reason, I'm not too keen on any of the females.

Anyway, gotta run and get to the grocery store for tomorrows dinner.

Have a great Saturday everyone!

short & sassy
03-22-2008, 02:31 PM
Congrats to Zoe and Jenna on the weight loss....I know you must be super excited! Have a Happy Easter!

Diane, glad you had a nice romantic dinner with your hubby...didn't you guys have to postpone your anniversary celebration because he was sick?

Talk to everyone later.

Thanks Shy.

WOW Zoe,
You and Jena are working it. CONGRATS!!!!!! Keep up the wonderful work.
That is so cute about Rylea and the bunny. "No wanna bunny." Too cute!
Mine just screamed. Not so cute. :lol: I'll bet to a toddler Santa, Easter Bunny and Mickey are pretty scary. Like Robin Williams said "To a five year old Mickey Mouse is a 6 foot ******* rat."
I like Roger too except last week he kind of made me mad. He needs to just stay nice. I would like Kelly, Ali, Jay or Roger to win. I guess that is everyone but Mark and Dan. :lol:

Dianne,
Too funny about Crapplebees. I like Applebees but it isn't my first choice but it was within walking distance of the Midus shop. :lol: I got the spinach and shrimp salad. MMMmmm Good. We ordered cheesesticks for an appetizer and before they got there Bruce called to have them get all the stuff we needed out of the van and take it back to Applebees. So the waitress brings the 12 cheesesticks to the table with just me there. I ate 2 (already planned) and just stared at the rest. :dizzy:
Glad you had a great romantic dinner. Those are always fun.

Ruth,
Great job at Olive garden and what willpower with the breadsticks. AWESOME! Great loss too girl.

I stayed the same this week. I actually lost like .1 but it is easier to just say I maintained. It is TOM. I just quit last night.
I want the change to come soon.

Terri

HAPPY EASTER
:easter2:

:bunny2::easter::egg::bunny::easter3:

I hope everyone has a beautiful Easter Day!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luv ya,
Terri

Zoe
03-22-2008, 10:51 PM
Happy Easter everyone!

:easter3::easter2::bunny2::easter::bunny::egg:

Shy Moment
03-24-2008, 06:52 PM
hello everyone
Looks like everyone had a good easter. We spent Saturday food shopping and then until about 11 pm getting the soup kitchen prepped for after church on Sunday. Sunday was 6 am service, breakfast and then 11 am service and then in the soup kitchen working until 10 pm. Was a full fun weekend.

WOW! Long hours but very fulfilling ones. Glad you had an uplifting and fun Easter.

We had a great day.
Terri

Shy Moment
03-26-2008, 01:53 PM
I like to keep busy. I can't sit for 5 min lol. Rather I am at home or not at home I have to have something to do. They laugh at me when we are at the camp grounds. I am always finding something to do. Last year they brought a broom with them so I could sweep the site lol and I did lol.

Not me girl. I could sit for hours.
Today is my birthday and I have 1 more year in the 40's and I have to work. :(

Have a great Thursday!!!!!
Terri

dpadro
03-27-2008, 01:59 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TERRI!!! :hb: :gift: Hope you have a great one! Any plans? :balloons:

TBL - Dan is a goner! I thought the girls rocked it that night. So great that they beat those big, bad, blue team guys! Those guys were really mean that night too, putting all the fat food on Kelly and Ali's tables. I have to say though, even though I found Dan to be obnoxious, I did feel bad for him when he starting crying. He was so used to losing a good amount of weight each week that he got really cocky and started eating whatever he wanted at the challenge. He looked totally shocked at that one lb. loss! Its really getting exciting now that we're almost at the end. Go Ali!!!

ZoeGirl (& Jenna) - Congrats!! You guys are really doing great. :cheers: You are 2 hot Texas tamales, lol!!! Too cute about Rylea, awwwww!

Shy: Your Easter Sunday doings make me tired just reading about them - I think I need a nap. Glad you enjoyed.

Jen - Are you in the pool yet? LOL, I know you, you will jump in at the first 70 degree day! I bet you can't wait.

Es, amiga, how are you doing? Miss you, hope things are getting better healthwise. David must be getting married May, 2009 or you would have said something by now, lol. I told you.......senior moments, I just could'nt remember what year you said.

Ruthie: Willie and I had a great romantic dinner ... yes he was sick on our anniversary, but we made up for it. Thanks.

Sandy - How are you? How are the guys?

We had a great Easter Sunday at Alana's. Good food and family. Loved it!

Well, I'm hoping for a loss this week, but not too sure:p We'll see.

Gotta run.

Hugs,
Dianne

Thanks Dianne.
Brittany had a cake made with this picture I love from when they were little on top. So cute. I got a digital camera,a book and 2 DVD's.
We can't do anything tonight. There is Lacrosse practice and Band practice.
I will relax and eat a piece of cake, no real food. Healthy huh? Saturday Bradley plays 4 games in Birmingham and then Bruce leaves for Denver for 10 days on Sunday so we will go on a birthday date when he comes home.
I am not cooking tonight so that is as good as going out for dinner. LOL

BL- WOW! The girls were amazing. I know what you mean about Dan. I felt bad too. He is only 21. I noticed that when people lose a good amount of weight they do tend to get a little cocky cause they seem to be unsure how to act with that new found confidence. He will learn the hard way I'm sure.
I want Kelly or Alli to win. Of the guys I would like Jay or Roger to win even though Roger has been getting a little mean lately. I have come to the conclusion people are nicer when they are heavy. JUST KIDDING.
I can't wait to see the outcome.

Hi everybody! Come out and play! It is Spring!!!! :df:
Terri

Shy Moment
03-27-2008, 08:16 PM
dp
To funny. I like to stay busy usually. I do have lazy times that I don't want to do anything but breath lol but generally I like to be busy all the time. If the hands are busy, they can't put food into the mouth lol.

happy happy birthday. I really have a great time with all the other people.

short & sassy
03-28-2008, 05:21 PM
Happy Birthday Terri!! Sounds like you had a good one. Do you plan to have a big party next year to celebrat the 50 mark! I will be 50 in September, I've been thinking about doing something special!!! Haven't a clue as to what though.

Glad everyone had a good Easter...I went to visit my mom..we took her out to eat.

Well it is almost "quittin time", so I better clear off my desk...I'll talk to you girls later this weekend.

Oh, I weighed 174.2 this morning. Which is about 1.4 lbs loss for this week. My goal is to be at 165 by Memorial day....

Hi Zoe, Diane, Es, Sandy and Shy.

Ruth,
You and I are .1 away in weight from each other. Good job with the loss.
You and are close in age too. I don't know what we will do for my 50th.
I just hope they don't get those yard flamingos. :lol:
Have a great weekend.
Terri

Shy Moment
03-28-2008, 11:13 PM
It is a joke with our friends and family. I have a set of plastic pink flamingos in the front yard to remind me where I come from. Dirt poor. No matter how well I have done or how well I will do in the future. Those plastic pink birds keep me grounded lol.

S&S
Nice loss.

Zoe
03-29-2008, 03:04 PM
Happy Saturday! :wave:

Today is weigh day and guess what???? I STAYED THE SAME! :( grrrrrr :(
I guess after losing so much last week, I was probably catching up. But I should look at it as a good thing. I was exactly the same so I didn't go up. I must admit, I am not that surprised - first, I lost 5.4 last week and then second, it was Easter week and I wasn't perfect. I wasn't my usual chocolate freak but not great. So here's to maintaining in a chocolate-filled-holiday :chockiss::chockiss::chockiss:week! :carrot:

Jenna lost .6. She also wasn't great but better than me. She also lost a lot last week. 5.6 so come next week, we'll have better news.

Terri ~ Happy belated birthday!! :bday2you: I am so sorry I missed it and hope you had a wonderful day. And you have only 1 more year in the 40's!! I thought I would DIE when I left but you know, it's not so bad.

Ruth ~ your goal sounds very obtainable. I am trying to decide on my own goal for Memorial Day which will be around my birthday (5/26). I don't want to make a goal that seems impossible but I think I would like to have lost 25 lbs by then. ( :yikes: , that would be 14 more!!) I lose easy when I stick to it so I think I can do it

On BL ~ Ok, I too was sad for Dan. I mean, when the show first started I thought, wow, he's really a big kid - and I didn't think he was very good looking - but now, with his weight loss, he's grown on me. I know you's guys are pulling for the girls but for me, even though he's been a little mean lately, my money is on Roger.

Hi to everyone else. I have to get some work done around here. Have a wonderful weekend.

Shy,
I didn't mean anything mean about the pink flamingoes what I meant was there is a company that come and put 50 pink flamingoes in your yard with a huge poem about turning fifty. :lol: A lot of people get them around here. It is so funny when I see them. 1 or 2 are fine. When you said to remind me where I came from I thought you meant Florida. :lol: I didn't associate them with being poor. I see lots of different homes, in Florida especially, with them.

Zoe,
We got to stay the same sometimes. Better than a gain.
gained .4 but with Easter and my birthday I will take it.
14 is so doable. Go for it! I wouldn't mind Roger winning. Jay either. Even Mark. He did work hard.
Hi everyone.
Terri

dpadro
03-29-2008, 08:16 PM
Hi guys:

Congrats, Zoe on staying the same. Keep remembering how much you've already lost in such a short time - actually you and Jenna, :bravo:

Terri - I too gained - it was .8, but that's okay - I'll lose that next week. Just need to get back on track as far as exercising is concerned. Also yesterday someone put a big ole fat piece of chocolate cake on my desk (it was someone's birthday) and I was like, oh, no, I can't eat that.........but I DID!!! So, I wasn't too shocked and I'm okay with it. I really enjoyed that cake, lol.

I wouldn't mind Roger winning, but I'm kind of pulling for Ali or Jay (I like Jay). Mark has gotten a bit better the second time around and he has worked really hard and looks fantastic. Ali has lost the most weight of any female contestant, very cool. I think Kelly has finally stopped crying, lol. I liked Roger when Trent was there, but after he left, Roger got a little testy, lol. PRIDE ON 3, PRIDE ON
3, so much male testosterone, lolol. It would be cool for a woman to win for the first time.

Shy & Terri, I'm totally confused about the flamingo thingy - is that a southern thing?

Hi Jen, Es, Ruthie and Sandy. How are you guys?

I think I'll go exercise with TBL tapes - I think Bob the trainer is a cutie!

Talk to you's soon.

Hugs,
Dianne

I used to love to see the pink flamingos down Fl. They sometimes stood on one leg. They have the lawn ornaments. I have never had them but I have seen a lot. The fiftieth birthday lawn ornaments company also has cows, gravestones, etc...
My sister-in-law had the 50 flamingoes in her yard on her birthday and she lives in Ohio. They do it overnight so when you wake up they are there.

Here is a website.
www.overnightgreetings.com

This company is from Cleveland, Ohio.
Terri

Zoe
03-30-2008, 09:58 AM
Well, living here in Texas does not afford me the sight of any pink flamingos as I used to see. Before living here, we lived in the Tampa area of FL and WOW, lots of pink flamingos there!!

I don't associate them with being poor either, just that it wasn't our "taste" to have them. :lol:

Shy Moment
03-30-2008, 03:05 PM
dp
You know, I am not sure. My fathers family is from the south so it could be. Plastic pink flamingos mean tacky lol, mean low class, mean no money. For me, they remind me I grew up with no in door plumbing and just enough to eat. One should never forget where one has come from. Makes one appreciate what one has.

Zoe
03-30-2008, 05:31 PM
Shy -

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I'm glad YOU said it. I was afraid to say it meant tacky.

Shy Moment
03-30-2008, 08:33 PM
zoe
Oh, my family is the picture of tacky lol. They have always thought I was the boring one in the family and " above " my raising lol. You should have heard them when I bought a pearl colored car. " Ya, there she goes again, has no class at all. Can't even pick a real color." lol

Zoe
03-30-2008, 09:17 PM
Again, I say :lol: :lol: :lol: my mother tells my daughter "your mother isn't like my other 2 kids".....my step mom says "that's a compliment". haha

Shy Moment
03-31-2008, 05:33 PM
zoe
When people meet my family. They ask if I am adopted lol.

dpadro
04-02-2008, 01:36 PM
Hi Everyone:

Terri/ZoeGirl: TBL - OMG I can't believe they did a triatholon (sp?). I would have been out of the running immediately - I can't swim! I would have been dead in the water, literally:p Ali just sliced through that water, amazing. Sorry to see Jay go, I think he's a really sweet guy, but I understood him not wanting Mark to go home again. Also, looks like they were trying to get rid of Roger last night huh? I think my girl Ali is very much in the running for the first woman BL. We'll see.

Hi Jen, Es (where are youse guys?). Hope everything is okay.

Hey Ruthie, Sandy & Shy - how are you doing?

Gotta run - be back later.

Hugs,
Dianne

Zoe
04-02-2008, 04:12 PM
I saw Dan on some morning show here and he looked amazing! I mean, he went from "chubby little kid" to really great! Even his HAIR looked good. :lol:

I'm still rooting for Roger - :D

I did see Dan. Amazing. His hair was so cute.
Here is an update on the contestants percentages.

As of last nights show Ali has the highest overall percentage weight loss .

Ali 88 pounds to date 37.61% overall
Roger 129 pounds to date 35.54% overall
Mark 97 pounds to date 34.04% overall
Kelly 80 pounds to date 29.52% overall

However, Kelly still has lots left to lose so could take it in the final . Ali is leading.
The show was awesome last night. They have been through so much.
I am guessing we vote between the 2 that are below the yellow line. I really think they all deserve it at this point.

TTYL,
Terri

dpadro
04-03-2008, 12:03 AM
Terri/ZoeGirl:

You know, I kept looking at Dan on the Today Show video, and kept wondering..........gee, he looks familiar now that he's lost all that weight. Then I realized who he reminded me of.........you know that cartoon Scooby Doo?? Well, the skinny guy with the shaggy hair and little beard (gootee) that hangs out with the dog..............that's who Dan reminds me of. Just saying.........:p I still think he looks great, though.

I forget what happens next - I though last year there were 4 people left at the end. Now I heard them saying they still have to get through weigh in next week. Someone please refresh my memory. They do all like great and have worked really hard. I thought Kelly would be gone by now, since she does still have more weight to lose than the others. Well, we shall see.

Hugs,
Dianne

Shy Moment
04-03-2008, 12:29 AM
dp
I am doing pretty darn good lol. Is Dot time so it seems to take me longer to do anything today. I swear it took me 5 min to make a 3 min egg lol.

I don't watch what ever show you are talking about lol.

Dianne,
This season what I think is going to happen is, next week they will have 2 fall under the yellow line and we will vote one to be in the finale. They used to have only 3. The last 2 seasons they had 4. The 3rd person won't know til the finale. So both have had to work hard between the ranch and the finale because they won't know til then. If it is the 2 girls under the line I am not sure who I would vote for.

:lol: That guy is Shaggy. My kids say he looks like Chris on Family Guy. Another cartoon. :lol:

Shy,
We are talking about the Biggest Loser.

Terri

dpadro
04-03-2008, 04:03 PM
Thanks for the explanation Terri (I still don't get it, lololol).

Shy: DOT time?

WHERE IS EVERYONE???

Hugs,
Dianne

Shy Moment
04-03-2008, 04:31 PM
My daughter calls it our DOT time. You know . dot instead of period .com lol

Dianne,
All the shows are taped except the finale. It is live. We will vote after next weeks show which is taped.
Then at the finale Allison will reveal which of the contestants gets to be the third person up for the big prize. The 2 that we will vote between will be the two below the yellow line in next weeks taped show. The 2 above the yellow line next week will definately be in the top 2. The finale is 4/15.

I hope that is better, :lol:

Terri

short & sassy
04-04-2008, 01:32 PM
Hey girls,

I hope everyone has had a good week. It is a dreary rainy Friday here in Louisiana. But...TGIF anyway!!

Well, I was actually the same 174.2 that I was last week. I haven't really been logging my points...so I'm happy to be where I was last week!! So, beginning today I will keep track of my points and try to get some exercise in. I keep thinking about the fact that muscle burns more calories and really need to start some sort of exercise routine besides the weekly walk...and I do mean weakly!! LOL Anyway...I hope everyone has a good weekend and I'll check on you later.

Ruth

Weakly... :lol: Too funny. You stayed the same? That will happen many many times in this life of WW. You did well. Didn't gain. That is a plus.
TTYL,
Terri

Shy Moment
04-04-2008, 03:52 PM
Ruth
No gain is good. Sometimes just to maintain is all we can ask out of our selfs. From what I understand. Cardio burns calories, resistance training burns fat.

Zoe
04-05-2008, 03:32 PM
OK ladies, I'm on a roll.......(opps, don't say ROLL!!)

Today at my WI, I lost 3.4 lbs!! For a total now of 14 lbs since my highest weight. I'm really into it now and feel like I'll get this monster slain this time.

I am running out the door but wanted to post that. Hope everyone is doing well.

CONGRATS ZOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are doing wonderfully.

I maintained. I am happy about that. Starting fresh.
Terri

dpadro
04-07-2008, 10:25 AM
Good morning all:

Just popping in to say congrats to the maintainers and :bravo: to ZoeGirl, you are doing fantastic - how did Jenna do?

I, on the other hand, gained .2 (which the receptionist advises "is just like staying the same", lolol - NOT). But I certainly will not worry about .2, that's for sure. I will go "pee-pee" and that will be gone, lololol.

Talk to you's soon. Have a great day!

Hugs,
Dianne

Shy Moment
04-07-2008, 06:04 PM
dp
.2 is like having a different pair of socks on since last weigh in. I don't think I would worry about that. Do you wear the exact same clothes every time lol.

Sometimes maintaining is a good thing. The body is getting use to the weight and the eating is generally ok that is why there isn't a gain :)

Zoe
WOW nice loss. You must feel terrific.

short & sassy
04-08-2008, 01:29 PM
Hey ladies, I have a few minutes before my lunch break ends, so here I am.

ZOE..congrats on the loss you are doing so well. Doesn't it feel good to be in control?

Well, as for me...I'm still in maintain mode! I'm still choosing healtier choices, but there are times that I just seem to overeat! I guess it is stress...hopefully the stress will subside soon (worrying about kids) and I can get back to the program! I'm still wanting to be at 165 May 31...so I've really got to get busy!!

And for the rest of us... maintaining is great. For me it means that I'm still wearing clothes that I haven't wore in months and years, it means that I'm still wearing makeup most days because I do believe it makes a difference whereas before, when I was getting up over the 190 mark...I didn't feel like putting on makeup and fixing my hair...because it wouldn't help me feel better about myself.. Okay, now that I've depressed everybody!! LOL

Back to work for me!!

Talk to you later!

Shy Moment
04-09-2008, 01:36 AM
S&S
I do understand about the hair and makeup. Use to say can't make a piece of silk out of an old cotton towel. We feel better when we take care of how we look. Glad to see another beautiful lady feeling better about herself.

Jenny523
04-09-2008, 08:25 AM
Hi everyone,
I feel as tho I've been away forever. You're all doing so well with losses and maintains (which are a GOOD thing!). Way to go! :cp:

I've been so far off track it's not funny. I won't even say how much weight I gained over the winter :rollpin: but it's all behind me now, literally :rofl:

Shy, it's nice to meet you. You fit in well here. Great loss! Your statistics are inspiring. I'm Jen, born and raised in Chicago, now living in a burb with my husband of 37 years (I was a child bride tee hee), Joe. We're the proud parents of 2 grown children, 2 children-in-law, and 2 grandsons :love:

Have to run and get ready for work. Will be back later. Just wanted to say HI :wave: to everyone.
~Jen

see Ya On #4

Bringing it up!

Shy Moment
04-09-2008, 12:03 PM
Jenny
Hello. I am 46 have two children ages 21 and 17. Married for what seems like a day some days and 50 years others lol. Stay at home mom, at the moment. Thinking about going back to work since there isn't enough for me to do around here some days.

Shy Moment
04-14-2008, 07:25 PM
Gosh, where is everyone. Was a nice weekend even thou it was cold and damp. Didn't get to the zoo but hopefully we will go in a couple of weeks.

Jenny523
04-15-2008, 07:40 AM
Shy, check out the new Fab 40's and Fit 50's thread #4...
when this one got too long a new one was started.
We're posting over there.
~Jen