Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-09-2008, 03:37 PM   #1  

Height: 5'9

Question What are the best Dance Dance Revolutions? CLUELESS!

I want to buy DDR to workout with because I love video games and I think it would be a lot of fun. BUT, I know nothing about them and I don't know which one(s) to buy!! I know some have workout modes, but I don't know which ones have it. I just need some input so that I don't buy one of the crappier versions. Please help me choose!!!
cemetarysiren25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 03:42 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9

AND, I'm buying the pad separately. Do I need any special equipment to "install" it? Or does it just plug into the system like a regular controller?
cemetarysiren25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 04:17 PM   #3  

I LOVE my DDR fitness mode! I have the older version - DDR Extreme 2 for PlayStation 2. I bought the combo and then I bought another pad on eBay because I kept slipping on my other pad. The new one I got wasn't as 'slippery'. It's gray with orange, green, and yellow - but I can't remember it's actual name.

If your using the PlayStation 2, all you have to do is plug it in like a regular controller. I don't have any other versions so I don't know about them.

The DDR Extreme 2 is really good, my favorite song is 'Take a Look at Me Now'.
Hoopla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 04:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: too much/a lot less

My husband and I play DDR Supernova... It has a fitness mode and I LOVE IT!!! The game was about $20 and then we bought 2 $20 dance pads.. Its amazing!! I get a TON of exercise without even realizing it!!
chunkychelsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 07:06 PM   #5  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

I'm a fan of the thick foam RedOctane dance pads. I've used the cheaper, thin ones from the store and found that they slip all over the place and are harder on the feet. The metal ones caused me to get sloppy, because my feet tend to roll outward a bit and I couldn't "feel" where the buttons were through my shoes. The foam ones could be used in your socks, and were squishy enough so my feet didn't hurt after jammin' along for awhile.

http://www.redoctane.com/ignitionpadv3.html <---those are the kinds of dance pad I'm talking about. I doubt you can but it anywhere but online--I know you could probably find a version cheaper on E-Bay, but at least buying it through the maker, you know that you're getting what you pay for!

I started out with just a PS1, so I started with the Konamix version of DDR. I've also used DDR Max and DDR Max II before, and I like them all--though Konamix has a special place in my heart

EDIT: http://www.redoctane.com/ddrsn-2igpad.html is a deal they have running for 2 foam dance pads + DDR SuperNova for $200 (where a single pad is like $80...so if you're buying more than one, I'd look into it!)

Last edited by Azure; 03-09-2008 at 07:08 PM.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 08:52 PM   #6  

I LOVE DDR! I have a post on here somewhere about DDR myself. Anyway, I own DDR MAX 1 and 2, and DDR Supernova 1 and 2. I've never played DDR Extreme 1 or 2 before but I REALLY enjoy the DDR MAX ones and they both contain workout mode.

Supernova is kinda lacking on my opinion. Hope this helps.

Good luck!
Coryo61827 is offline   Reply With Quote