100 lb. Club - accountability / menus / planning March 9 - March 15

math puppy
03-09-2008, 04:12 PM
Need some accountability? A place to post your menu? Some support? A little of everything? This is the place for you!!!!

math puppy
03-09-2008, 04:17 PM
I’m having a good day to day.

omg i just typed out "food" in stead of "good". :lol: Freudian slip?

I’m going to the gym, and afterwards I’m going to the museum. That will be a healthy and active day!

Girlygirl- snow! Wow. Build a snow man for some fun cardio? No I didn’t get to the gym. But I cleaned house as fast as I could then I went for a walk in the shopping mall…better then nothing (sheepish grin). Keep up the good work on the the weekend over eating plan! Sounds like you are doing great!

Bigtxmomma- ton of dead squirrels! :lol: I laughed so hard when I read that. You are a hellion! Hope your sty goes away soon. Those suck. You were asking about Knife work? The kungfu I study is based on real life situations. We learn what to do when someone attacks us with a weapon, how to take it from them, and how to use it. Its kind of all new to me, but also one of my biggest motivators to get in shape, I totally want to be a karate hottie! Ha ha! Congrats on dipping below 300! Im so proud of you! Keep it up! And Mexican restaurants are dangerous for me! Good job taking most of it home.

Mj- they will always be your “little” brothers wont they?

Bev- I am most likely to binge at night too! Im glad you stopped it before it got out of control! Ice ice baby :lol: ha ha

Purple- sounds like you have a lot of work to do in the yard! Sounds like a fun work out

Darkblue- we are here for you darkblue! We all have slip ups, just keep on trucking, youll get there before you know it.

Ginger-feel better soon.

Schmoodle- well of course we miss you honey, im sure well see more of you soon. Take care

bigtxmomma
03-09-2008, 06:06 PM
HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooo

So quiet!

I did 1.5 m WATP, brisk, and worked up a bigger sweat than usual. I started with 2 5lb weights, but dropped them about 1 mile in because I knew I would stop if I didn't. I'm feeling good today. Need to do meditation because I forgot this morning.

Hi Math! How was the museum? Thank you for your words of encouragement!! I want to do a martial arts class, too, but I'm too afraid of not being able to keep up because of my weight. My husband did aikido for several years and wants me to take a class with him. He said he had like a 400 pound guy who was one of the best students, but I dunno. I need more self confidence in my body.

Hi Schmoodle! =D

Hope everyone is well.

bethz
03-09-2008, 09:59 PM
Did well today despite obstacles, until I dug into 3/4 of a package of those keebler chocolate peanut butter cookies. :devil: Couldn't stop myself! But, counted all the WW points and stayed within range...amazing!

Any tips on making supper and snack plans for after work and sticking to them when you have an active family (2 teen sons still at home, and retired "jack sprat" husband)? LOL. Thanks. ;)Bethz

math puppy
03-10-2008, 02:34 AM
i had a good day today, worked out, went to museum, stayed in cal range (was hard today, i had a dessert at lunch!)

now im hungry even after dinner. i heard working out is a hunger suppressent. ill do a few smiple workouts while watching tv. i am eating fewer cals this week to compisate for my saturday blow out! eeks!

hopfully ill stick too it for a whole week
you know, i should keep track of how many days in a row i can stay op. then try to best myself evertime i have to start over. it would be like a contest with myself!! idk just blabbing.

-btmomma- somtimes just doing it build confidence. you get to see your progress. im lucky i found an all woman school, somehow that makes it easier for me, and i dont think im the biggest girl there! which is always sorta exciting for me. maybe there is an all womans school near you?

bethz- wow good job not throwing in the towel after such a set back! right now is girlscout season here, i always have to shield my eyes and run whever i see them outside the store. gah!

as for tips on planning, hmmm i dont have a busy family, but i like to write down everthing i eat in a little book that fits in my back pocket comfortably. that way i can always pull it out and look at it to make sure im on track.
are you worried because you kids have lots of snacks that arnt good for you around? or is it because you are to busy to make something healthy?

have a good night all

GirlyGirlSebas
03-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Good morning, Accountability Friends.

I had a rough weekend due to my sugar addiction. For some unknown reason, I haven't been able to sleep well for the last few nights. When I'm tired, I crave sugar and I was around a lot of temptations this weekend. I didn't handle the temptations with any kind of grace at all. Today, I'm feeling sluggish, a bit depressed and just totally disappointed with myself. A lot of how I'm feeling is due to too much sugar, but I'm also just incredibly frustrated. You'd think that I'd be over all of this binge stuff. I guess I just need to face reality that I'll never be totally cured and I'll always have to be on guard. Sometimes, its a little overwhelming, ya know?

I'll be back later to get "personal." I decided to sleep in after getting the girls off to school and I'm running behind on my work. Hope you all have an awesome on-plan day.

kissingginger
03-10-2008, 12:17 PM
Hi Everyone!

Mathpupuppy - sounds like a good on plan and busy day yesterday! did you manage to curb your appetite?

Rhonda- I know all about binging and eating poorly :( I'm sorry you are having a tough time. I'll never be totally cured either and I'm kinda angry about that.

bethz- wishing you more 'say no' power to that kind of food in the future. But heck - you stayed withing your points, so that's great.

bigtx- good for you for doing your program! I've been making lots of sweat too lately. It feels good.

MJ, Bev, Schmoodle, Rakel, Linda, Purple - hope you are all doing well.

Okay, so where to begin. I had a good weekend. I have been exercising like a demon. It also means I need a lot more sleep and my muscles hurt which means in turn I am needing more advil. If I don't take it, I get headaches from muscle soreness. Sometimes with this advil business I feel like I am going backwards instead of forwards. Prior to losing some weight I was taking advil everyday, now I feel like I need to take it just to feel normal because I can't manage the pain of the soreness. Now that I am able, I do workout really hard...probably not the best for someone my size.

Sadly, I am not eating well. I mean - I am eating well (good foods) but NOT good proportions. And for the amount of exercising I am doing, I am not reaping the rewards. It's frustrating, but I have to remember that weight loss is 80-90% diet. And right now my weight is not budging much. I need to cut back on my proportions - yes carrots are good for you. But not 3 cups of carrots....(boy when I get the munchies!)....it's just not healthy.

So today is the day I will eat on plan, no snacks after dinner. Back to herbal tea.

Bye for now everyone! Hope to post a wicked weight loss next week. I have to mention too that I'm likely not to hit my goal weight of 247 by the 15th. :( But I am picking myself back up and getting to it. I was 250 about 2 summers ago, and I really want to break this plateau and move forward. I want everyone to see that I can do it....that I will not give up.

Cheers, Ginger

bigtxmomma
03-10-2008, 02:06 PM
Good morning!

I'm happy. I lost 4 pounds, ducking me just under 300. I can't wait to say goodbye to the 300s. Now I need to put a good 30 pounds between them so I never see them again.

Need to do grocery shopping, and I need to get another day of exercise in.

I'll be back later for personals. I'm feeling to blah to concentrate on anything. =/

bethz
03-10-2008, 07:10 PM
Breakfast: English muffin, egg white, ff american cheese
Lunch: Rye bread, 1oz turkey, 1oz swiss cheese, grapes, 2 clementines
Snack: pretzels
Dinner: lettuce, tomato, cucumber, 1T italian dressing, 4 shrimp, 1t cocktail
sauce, 2oz chicken
Exercise: None of substance
Water: Plenty
Weight: 258, down 1 pound

Had a good day today! Busy lunchtime made it so I did not get my exercise in...oh well...

Have a good evening everyone! Bethz

mj5
03-10-2008, 08:26 PM
Hi everyone! I just realized that I never hopped on the scale this am...me? Forget to weigh in?! Wow...I can hardly believe it! I'll do it tomorrow!

Doing ok food wise, could be better, but certainly could be a lot worse. Exercise hasn't been great--been doing a lot of lifting, cleaning, that kind of stuff. I plan on doing a watp dvd tomorrow am, though.

After 3 days of cleaning we are ready for a break! Tomorrow we are going on 'an adventure' as we call it....we'll hop in the car w/ an approximate destination in mind and just see where we go....we can't go too far--have to be home in time to take care of the dogs, of course! I want to do some bargain shopping....I don't need much, but would like to pick up a few new things.

Beverlyjoy--I skimmed through the posts, but don't think I saw one from you which is unusual. How are you doing?

Purplefirefly
03-10-2008, 08:57 PM
:congrat: txmama on being under 300 :woohoo: Why do you need 30 lbs. to feel your safely beyond 300? I always wonder how people come to these numbers, so just curious :) I always feel "safe" out of the range of a number when I am about 10 lb. below it.

Rhonda, I have been right where you are, but yesterday and today for me. I have to get back on track tomorrow. I have eating changes that are just lifestyle now and that has not changed, but my exercise has slipped and I have been eating some sugar again :devil: detox starts tomorrow once again...no more little lemon poppy mini muffins with my salad, that is just insane. They aren't even that good, anyway! I'm starting with the exercise tonight, and it's back to Jillian tomorrow. Weekends are just so insane right now, it's hard to keep any kind of schedule and eating on the run is the norm those few days.

mj--the adventure sounds like fun! Can I come? I need a break :lol:

Ginger--You are never too big to work out hard, just make sure you are letting your body rest and are not overdoing it...you'll end up injured and out of it longer if you push too hard. But, working out hard and feeling that ache is good...you know your body is improving. Just make sure to get rest some rest and allow it to heal as well.

I am going to be completely off the sugar come tomorrow and back to my exercise routine, but my son starts t-ball. The spring schedule is here: gymnastics on monday, tball on tuesday, gymnastics on wednesday, and t-ball games on saturday. That eats up the afternoon for most of the week, plus all the stuff around the house on weekends, and I have a friend going through surgery so I'll be at her house helping her next weekend and maybe some this week. Where is there time to breathe, let alone exercise?

But ya know what, I love seeing the kids being active, so happy, so it is worth it. I just lose myself in the middle of it all sometimes and have to bring back some ME time somehow.

GirlyGirlSebas
03-11-2008, 09:02 AM
Good morning, Accountability Partners.

I apologize for never getting back here for personals yesterday. I haven’t managed to get myself back on track yet and I am a bit embarrassed. I’m having a big struggle with myself and I keep fighting the old all-or-nothing thinking. Which is really, really ridiculous! Am I seriously thinking of quitting now and losing all of the progress I’ve made? I am feeling a bit overwhelmed, so I need to go back to the basics again. Today, all of the junk is out of the house. I will open a spreadsheet and track every single bite. And, I’ll commit to myself to do at least 30 minutes of walking on the treadmill. Doing an hour every few days or few weeks is not going to give me the results I need and an hour sometimes feels very huge. If I feel like doing 60 minutes or breaking into a jog, that’s great. If I feel like walking and only for 30 minutes, that’s great too! And, I need to set mini-goals for myself and quit thinking of the big picture. No wonder I get so overwhelmed! 80+ more pounds is huge. But, 10 more pounds is very doable. What is that quote? “I may not be able to lose 100 pounds, but I can lose 10 pounds, 10 times.”

Momma – Congratulations on your 4 pound loss! :carrot:
Ginger – Not too long ago, I read something in the weight lifting thread here about soreness. They were saying that the best thing for soreness was to eat some protein right after your workout as the protein will help the muscles that are broken down and repairing. I’m not sure how much protein you’re eating, but maybe you can have a little more?
Bethz – Hope lunch is a little quieter for you today so you can workout.
MJ – I can honestly say that I don’t think I’ve ever forgotten to weigh! Hope you enjoy your adventurous day.
Purple – Looking forward to hearing about your great on-plan day today. We may get a bit sidetracked sometimes, but we’re still in the game.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day. I'll check back in again later.

mj5
03-11-2008, 09:45 AM
Good Morning! How is everyone? It is cold here, but bright and sunny....I'll take it! There is still ice and snow on all the trees, but w/ the sun it looks gorgeous! I may try to get a few pictures outside later.

I chose not to weigh in this am....I did not make good dinner choices last night (way too much sodium) and I am VERY puffy today, so I didn't want to get discouraged by the scale knowing it is water weight. I WILL do better today!

We are officially done cleaning upstairs, PHEW! It did get a little discouraging at one point because I found some clothes in a box that I had set aside to donate from "before" when I had just hit onederland--things that were too big, but right now fit because I gained some of the weight back. The good news is, some of the items are still too big! I have let that go--have to...I cannot get stuck 'there' again! I also removed the items that are too big from the house. The ones that fit now (some jeans that I could actually use now) I will wash and wear for now. In a way, though, it was a good kick in the butt to keep moving forward!!!!

txmomma--CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am SO proud of you!!!

purple--Sure! Come on over, the more the merrier! There are no rules to our 'adventures'...that's the beauty of it! I am sure being busy w/ the kids is awesome and a lot of fun, but make sure you make the time for YOU too! You deserve it!

ginger--Yes, what purple said! Recovery time for the body is important too!

Rhonda--Deep breath! I know I get stuck in that 'all or nothing' thinking too...very dangerous place to be! I can't remember who has said it here (probably several people), but this is a series of battles. I get easily overwhelmed if I think about "forever" and how much weight I want to lose overall. That's why I chose to break it down into 'mini' goals. But, we are all different and have to find what works for each of us. The most important thing is to NOT give up. I can't believe I forgot to weigh in either....I normally weigh every day, but only 'count' Monday....never even thought of it!!!!

Sara, Beverlyjoy, Rakel, mathpuppy, and everyone else....thinking of you! Hope you are well!

I am really excited because I ordered a set of watp dvd's and they should be here any day now...I have a couple, but really want to be able to mix them up in the mornings and weekends.

As I said, it's bright and sunny....great day for an 'adventure'....I must say, I LOVE that my dh loves doing this kind of thing. We will do some shopping and probably out for lunch somewhere, but we could end up doing almost anything!

Have a great on plan day!

mj5
03-11-2008, 09:55 AM
I meant to tell you, the other night for dinner I made some baby bella ratatouille.....SO good! Even dh who swears he doesn't like eggplant really liked it! I used extra baby bella mushrooms in the recipe and served it over whole wheat pasta, but here's the link if you are interested:

https://www.wegmans.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10052&productId=347737&catalogId=10002&krypto=QJrbAudPd0vzXUGByeatog%3D%3D&ddkey=http:ProductDisplay

Beverlyjoy
03-11-2008, 10:18 AM
Hi folks...sorry I haven't done personals in a while. Life just came at me - if you know what I mean. :( Last weekend was rough - I tried a new brace for 45 minutes - it was a disaster. Brought on terrible pain. Thank goodness I pushed thru it with meditation and guided imagery. It's still sore from the brace - of course, the doctor said to bring it back. Tomorrow I go for a physical therapy evaluation and start that up. Hopefully, that will help.

The good news is that I was able to not binge last week. :D I overate a couple of nights. :( But when I counted the calories it wasn't that much extra. I was happy that I was willing to write down my food and calories even when I overate. It kept it real to me. When I weighed today....I was delighted to see that I lost 2 pounds last week. :carrot::carrot:

Thanks so much to all of you for thinking of me and wishing me well thru all this physical stuff. I appreciate it so much. :):):)

Plans for today:

ice
heat
journal food
journal feelings
stretches
water
meditation
PMA

breakfast - grits with lite cheese, apple
snack - carrots
lunch - open face egg white salad, brown rice, green beans
snack - yogurt, fruit, flax
dinner - veggie burger, lite cheese, lite bun, cauliflower
snack - cereal, milk

mj5 - Your bella ratatoulle sounds so good! :) Ah spring cleaning...it feels good to tidy and get rid of things. I know finding the clothes made you feel sad - but, maybe you can let it encourage you to push thru. You can do this! :hug:

Rhonda - Goodness, don't be embarrassed. :hug: Everyone of us here has gone thru the all or nothing thinking. Don't quit. Glad you got the junk out of the house. That quote is so, so true. Maybe journal your frustrations..it always seems to help me.

Purple - push thru...try and plan for a good day and do the best you can. We're here with you! :carrot:

Beth - great food plan and the one pound weight loss! :carrot::carrot: Glad you stayed within your points even with the cookies!!

Bigtxmama - 4 pounds down! YAY! :carrot::carrot::carrot:Below 300 is awesome.

Ginger - good job on the exercises. :D A trainer once told if I had residual muscle pain to rest it a day. She said - one day do upper body and the next day do lower body. Basically, get each set of muscles a day to rest. Hope that makes sense. And...really, when you think of it three cups of carrots is alot better than three cups of cookies!

Math Puppy - so glad to hear about your good day!! :D:D Yes, exercise is great way to push thru the hunger. :)

Have a good day everyone. Treat yourself as well as you'd treat a good friend! :hug:

DCchick
03-11-2008, 01:18 PM
I'm new here and this is excatly the type of thread I was looking for. I need to be able to write out what I ate did and have some sort of accountability! and this seems to be working really well for others! Congrats to all of you on your loss so far, I've been amazed on how well everyone has done!

Today:
Breakfast: 1 cup kashi go lean crunch (almond honey flax) and 1 cup plain soy milk
Snack: Brown rice cake with 1 slice of soy cheddar
Lunch: Subway (i know, processed icky, but I can walk there and forgot to bring lunch!) 6" roasted chicken breast with all the veggies and fat free honey mustard, water
Snack: apple, brown rice cake
Dinner: Salad with lettuce, cherry tomatoes, red onion, kalamata olives, pepperocini, 1oz feta cheese and sugar free dressing

Exercise: 30min cardio followed by 1hr of yoga

Beverlyjoy
03-11-2008, 01:25 PM
:welcome::welcome2::welcome3:

Welcome DCchick. Your plan looks great. Keep posting - so we can get to know you.

bigtxmomma
03-11-2008, 03:53 PM
Hey guys. I had the world's worst day yesterday, but today I am back on track 100%! I swear! I'm going to shower, WATP my butt off, phew. Back on track. I had a mini binge last night, but unfortunately I had nothing to binge on, so I just ate like maybe a 1/4 c of organic granola and picked at some sesame and flax seeds before I gave up and realized I wasn't going to be able to binge. =/ =/ =/ Really, it was the world's lamest binge ever. But I journaled it, forgave myself, and I'm moving past and getting back on track.

Welcome, DCchick! Nice menu. I love Kashi cereals.

Beverly, I'm sorry you're in so much pain. =( =( That's awful about the brace. Congratulations on the two pound loss though!!!! That must feel wonderful!!!

math, that's a good idea about the all-female school. I'm going to look into it. I bet it would be pretty supportive. I think I've been turned off by the idea of having a male teacher.

Rhonda, I'm sorry you had a tough time this weekend. But you're right. You've come wayyyyyyyy too far to give up. I'm glad you're doing what you need to do to get on track. You are a rock!

Ginger, does the soreness drive you away from exercise? Or do you enjoy it? Maybe you should take it easy, and get kinda sore, but not too sore. It sounds like you're working yourself really hard. Which is really good. But being in pain can't be fun.

Purple, THANK YOU!! I have no idea why I want a 30 pound buffer, lol! I guess because I can easily fluctuate between 5 pounds, and so with 30 pounds, I can't naturally fluctuate back to 300. Heehee. Yea I have no idea. I just want to put it farrrr away from me. =D

mj, YAY FOR FINISHING CLEANING!!!!!!!!!! Yay for getting rid of your bigger clothing! Don't let it get you down -- just keep on going. Where did you guys end up going? Did you find any good bargains?? I hope you're having so much FUN!!!!! It's funny, I ordered two new WATP DVDs too. And a stretchy band because I always stop my dvd after they get their stretchy bands out. I could use hand weights instead, but I'm such a joiner that I get unmotivated when I can't do the same thing as they are! hahahahah. The baby bella ratatouille looks phenomenal! I'm going to have to make that.

How are you doing, Bethz? Darkblue?

DCchick
03-11-2008, 10:30 PM
thanks for the welcome everyone! just so you know a little about me, i'm a 26 yr old event planner living in washington dc. i just moved in w/ my boyfriend of 4 1/2 yrs about 6months ago (so far so good!) ive struggled w/ my weight my whole life and have 'tried every diet' i tend to go in extremes, like i will cut out alot of food types or go REALLY low calorie, or i'll just pig out. no happy medium! thats what i'm trying to change!

i think i'm going to add some more food durning the day b/c the last two nights i've been really hungry after dinner (I just ate 10 saltines, a piece of soy cheese and some cherry tomatoes, nothing too bad, but over my cals for the day) i just made some tea so hopefully it will make me stop eating tonight!! nights are the WORST for me. soooo, i'm going to try adding some raw veggies and fruit during the day tomorrow. i've also added more protien in for tomorrow.

bigtxmomma--not a binge at all! good thing there wasnt chips and chocolate in your house!

and yes, MJ5 the ratatouille looks awesome!! def going to try it.

bethz
03-11-2008, 11:32 PM
Thanks for the support ladies. I was able to walk in the halls for a mile at lunchtime today...

B: english muffin, egg white, ff american cheese (3pts)
L: rykrisp crackers, grapes, banana (7)
S: clementine oranges (1)
D: tortilla, chicken, brocolli, cheese, salsa (7)
S: pretzels, saltines and salsa (5)

Weigh in for Biggest Loser at work...down 2 pounds since last Tues; official WW weigh in on Friday.

Have a great week, everyone!:hug:Bethz

math puppy
03-12-2008, 04:56 AM
I got to change my ticker today!!! Yay!!

Im actually scared this is some kind of mistake. I know its only one lb but ive been stuck at 260 for at least a week and a half so it feels truly victorious for me.

It has actually made me stick to my calories better because losing weight is more fun then eating something you don’t really need too!

I better get to bed now, but when I wake up im not going to weigh myself, because I don’t want to be disappointed if the scale says something different.
Its one of those scales that fluxuates by a pound or two…I usually get on it 4 times in the morning and take the number that comes up the most.

Anyways, good night!

Rhonda-is the sugar cravings triggered by something? Emotional, eating carbs, nervousness ect? You know, I quoted that saying too when I was talking to my partner about how I want to lose 110 lbs. you can do it girlygirl. We are all cheering you on, we belive in you

Ginger- I did curb my appetite! Thanx for asking! Staying on plan as far as food goes is always the hardest part for me. What sort of tools do you use to stay on food plan?

Bigtxmomma- 4lbs! whooo hooo!! Good luck finding a school that works, keep me posted. (I always choose girls when I can, my doctors dentists…kungfu teacher.. hee hee)

Bethz- congrats on the two lb down. Isn’t it exciting to see the progress? Good job getting the walking in the halls at work too.

Mj- its always kind weird when I forget to hop on the scale too :lol: but some days it is DEFENITLY missed on purpose! Youll lose those 36 lbs before you know it. You did it once right? Those old clothes wont fit you for long! Have fun on your adventure! Let us know how it went!

Purple-good luck with battling the sugar monster fairy thing. :p
You are very nice to help your friend out with here surgery. That sorta stuff is scary to have to do alone. Youll have to sneak in your exercise. I do that some days, like parking as far away from my destination as possible (like the grocery store) so I have to walk twords it. Im also fond of speed cleaning as a form of cardio! Hee hee

Bevjoy-its amazing what happens when you just write it all down, even if you go over. I found that im more likely to stay on track the next day. Good luck with your pain. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Dcchick- welcome! Its amazing what inspiration everyone here can be, and also helpful when the hard parts about dieting rears its ugly head! Did you do your cardio and yoga? Do you do yoga at home or a class? Nights are hard for most people.

Beverlyjoy
03-12-2008, 08:34 AM
Hi Chickies....I made it thru another day - ate a couple hundred extra calories before bed..but, still in a good range. Today, I go for my physical therapy evaluation. Here's hoping....

Today's plan:

meditation
journal food
journal feelings
lots of water
PMA - I'll try
stretches
ice

breakfast - cottage cheese, peaches, pnb toast
lunch - egg white scramble with lite cheese, cauliflower, cin.toast
snack - cheese toast, apple
dinner - ham and bean soup, carrots
snack - cereal, flax, skim milk

I'll be back for personals later. Have a GREAT day. :):):)

Purplefirefly
03-12-2008, 09:21 AM
Beverly, sorry about the pain but you always amaze me the way you handle things so calmly. and congrats on the lbs. lost...you deserve it!

:dance: YAY math! It's fun when that scale finally gives up the love and shows your hard work.

Bethz--2 lb. is great...be you can get 3 for your offical WI ;) If not, that is a good rate to lose per week.

DC--if you are genuinely hungry I would say add in a small snack in the evening maybe? Or make dinner a little bigger...you are smart to not just make yourself go hungry, that never works in the long run. And welcome to our group!

txmomma--:hug: sorry you had a rough day yesterday...hope this one goes much easier for you.

I'm havings some issues of my own here lately, just feeling depressed and hopeless lately. Not about weight loss, just life in general. I might have to get rid of my dog for various reasons, but can't find anyone to take her so I am trying to keep her...she's a really great dog, too good to go to the pound. BUT, there are issues here now it's very hard to keep her, so I'm feeling depressed and sad but have to keep up the smile and shuttle the kids around like usual.

My son started tball last night and once again he has a coach that will teach him nothing. i don't expect much, it's YMCA for 4 year olds and the coaches are parents (ours actually didn't even know he would be a coach, his wife signed him up and never told him!) anyway, he actually ducked to the ground when my son threw the ball to him :lol: DUCKED! Then turned to run for the ball and said "This kid's going to kill someone" not realizing it was MY son he was talking about. Thing is Tyler can really throw and it would have been a perfect catch had he put his hands out and not ducked with hands over his head! At the end I heard him say "guess I gotta learn to catch." I still was not happy over the comment on my son "killing someone" because he actually knows how to throw the ball! Anyway, tyler had a blast so I guess that's what is important.

Enough venting...off to another day.

Schmoodle
03-12-2008, 10:42 AM
Hi chickies!!
Well, I made it a priority to get in here and catch up with you guys this morning. I am doing pretty well staying on plan these days, and making great strides with my exercise. I've been using the WATP a lot, and swimming and walking. I set a goal of 900 minutes of exercise this month, and I'm already halfway there. That is a biggie for me. I think only one other month in the last year I hit my exercise goal, and it was 700 minutes. I haven't lost much lately, 1 lb. last week, but I'm trying not to focus there, and give it some time.

Here's today:
B: crockpot steel cut oatmeal with dried cherries and walnuts, hard boiled egg, coffee with milk
S: V8, string cheese
L: leftover shrimp stir fry
S: latte, cottage cheese with tomatoes and cucumber
D: Pork and Pepper Salad
S: Greek yogurt with agave nectar or a piece of breakfast cheesecake

Wow, that looks like a lot, I feel the need to explain! The cheesecake is called protein packed breakfast cheesecake and is made with mostly ff cream cheese, nonfat cottage cheese, and eggs, sweetened with Splenda. It's really yummy. Also, this is my pre-menstrual hungry week, so I'm trying to head off any pitfalls by keeping my tummy happy with all my favorite healthy things!

mathpuppy, I love your idea of a contest with myself. Girl Scout cookies have been an issue for me lately. Just yesterday, DD opened a box of Samoas, but I stayed away. I placated myself with a little bit of dark chocolate instead.
bigtxmomma, don't ya just love the WATP? They really fit the ticket for me right now. Congrats on getting under 300, you must be so excited!
Hi bethz, don't think we've "met" yet! I plan all my menus for the week. On days I have to go to the office, I do crockpot stuff. I use the weekend to prep ahead as much as I can and I usually always make a pot of soup on Sunday to have around for lunches or emergency dinners. Congrats on the 2 lbs!
Rhonda, I know you've been playing around with a modified SB plan lately. Have you been letting small amounts of sugar back into your diet? I experimented recently to see if I could handle having some "real" treats with sugar in them from time to time. It hasn't gone too well, actually. I really miss the days when I was completely off sugar and wasn't craving it either. So I'm trying to tighten things up again. I'm still using a small amount of agave nectar, so we'll see if I can handle that... Just wondered if that's what was going on with you. We are learning all the time aren't we? YOU ARE NOT QUITTING!!, okay?
Ginger, you hang in there girl! Not giving up is the key to our success!
Hi mj! Sounds like you have a very clean house! Hope you had fun on your excursion and found some good bargains.
Hi purple, I'm sad to hear the spring craziness has started already! We get a couple more weeks before - but with Easter coming so early, it's really starting to feel like spring is on the way!
:hug: Beverly, I'm sorry you are having pain. You are doing great and it's a wonder to me you keep your outlook so positive. You are very much an inspiration to me!
Welcome, DCchick!! If that's Wash DC, then we are probably not too far apart! The accountability and support here are amazing tools. Yes to adding more protein and veggies! The bulk in the veggies and the protein really help keep you from getting hungry. The saltines are probably not the best choice - not too much nutrition in there!
purple, maybe it's just the winter doldrums that has you! Spring will be here soon. I hope things work out with your pup. :hug: That's too funny about the "coach". He was probably just embarrassed that he ducked and trying to blame it on your son!

Hope you chickies have a wonderful hump day. Friday will be here soon!

DCchick
03-12-2008, 12:04 PM
here's my day today:
Breakfast: 1 egg, 2 egg whites, slice of soy cheese and an ezekiel wrap with a few splashes of tabasco sauce
Snack: baby carrots, green or peppermint tea
Lunch: Greek salad (lettuce, sprouts, tomatos, red onion, kalamata olives, pepperocini, 1oz feta cheese, 2tbspn sugar free dressing)
Snack: Big grapefruit, green or peppermint tea
Dinner: 1 cup basmati rice, 1 roasted chicken breast
Exercise: 45-50min cardio, 3 sets of abs

schmoodle-Ugh..i've had to walk by girl scout cookies 5 times this week. i feel your pain. and yes, Washington DC! i know, saltines, not the best choice..but sooo yummy. cheese and crackers is one of my favorite things! hopefully i will avoid the saltines today! (we have a cookie jar of them on our kitchen counter)

purplefirefly-yeah, it's hard for me to differentiate b/w REAL hunger and just appetite!! i've tried moving calories around today and added some to dinner, hope it helps! I agree w/ schmoodle, the nice weather and long summer days will have you feeling better soon enough! Everyone seems to be in a little bit of a funk right now

Bethz-congrats on the 2lb loss!

mathpuppy-congrats on getting the scale to move!! yes, it's a yoga class at my gym, i love it. and i did do my cardio. it could have been a little longer and more intense, but still good!

Schmoodle
03-12-2008, 02:16 PM
Well, hey DC, maybe you can see me from here! (waving)
Cheese and crackers are a great and healthy snack! I love Laughing Cow lite Cheese spread on reduced fat triscuits or other whole grain crackers for an afternoon snack.

bigtxmomma
03-12-2008, 06:00 PM
Hey guys, quick check in. Food going well. I'm trying to get exercise in this afternoon. Will catch up on personals today. =D =D =D

Hope everyone is doing well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mj5
03-12-2008, 08:18 PM
Hi everyone! Our 'adventure' was fun! Believe it or not, I didn't buy anything. I know, I am the shopping 'queen' and I didn't splurge on anything! I found lots of great bargains, but after all the stuff we got rid of, I just couldn't bring myself to buy more stuff. Plus, I want to save my next bargain shopping splurge for a smaller size, not more of my current size! It's ok, we still had a great time!

Beverlyjoy--Wow, rough week! How are you holding up! Fantastic that you lost 2lbs! How was the pt eval?

DCchick--welcome! I have found that having a cup of hot tea and a small planned snack in the evening gets me through those times when I feel like I can't stop eating....Yea, the ratatouille was really good! I used more mushrooms and a chunkier sauce, but it was really good. The roast time was a little long, I thought, but then again I cut the veggies pretty small...

txmomma--Yea for getting back on track! It's funny, but I did find lots of great bargains...just didn't buy any of them....w/ all the cleaning we did, I just didn't want to clutter things up w/ more stuff! I decided that I want to save my next bargain shopping spree for smaller clothes, not more of the same size! Good for you for getting a stretchy band! I really like it! I mix it up w/ hand weights and the walk belt too. And some days I use nothing to give my arms a break. The ratatouille was great--I used more mushrooms and a chunkier sauce, but YUMMM! Oh yea, the roast time was a little long, I thought, but then again I cut the veggies pretty small...

bethz--great exercise at lunchtime yesterday! Great job on the loss!

math puppy--Congrats!!!!

Purple--Sending you a big hug! Sounds like you have a lot going on right now. And w/ your dog...yikes! That alone would probably send me into a deep, dark depression. We have two dogs and the thought of having to get rid of either of them for any reason would tear me apart. I know something will work out for you. Vent away, that's what we are here for!

Schmoodle--Sounds great!

Ok, I need to get my grocery list done. I am going shopping in the am--beat the crowds at the store!

Have a great night!

math puppy
03-13-2008, 01:45 AM
im haveing a good day, my cat wont stop cuddling with me so its a little hard to type, but maybe she is just trying to say she is proud of me for sticking to my cal range today! hee hee

oh i know i said i wasnt going to weigh myself today but i couldnt help myself, i just had to. and it wasnt some freak accident! i still weighed under 260!

im feeling so inspired and good about things. i have enough confidance for eveyone. go ahead take a slice. its zero calories and fill with good stuff like motivation and determination. i dont even care if im im being sickeningly perky :lol:

whew, anyways i hope you are all well and dont worrie purple things wont be down in the dumps for ever, before you know it youll be the perky one and ill be grumbling about somthing. :D

beverlyjoy- 100 extra cals is nothing :) well, at least thats what i tell myself every day i do that. ha ha.

purple- oh no! you have to get rid of your dog! thats terrible! maybe there is a no-kill shelter around that can find her a home? ive never taken a pet to the pound because im scared they will be "destroyed". ugh, i hate that about our animal control system. anyways hope you find someone for you pooch soon :( did the couch ever find out that it was your kid? how embarrassing for him! :lol:

schmoodle- yay! welcome back! hey one lb lost is better then one lb gained! right? good luck with the rest of GS season heh.

dcchick- how did your day go?

mj- hee hee you are so cute. im sorta doing the same thing with the whole "saving the shopping splurge" i can't wait till im lighter!
isnt it amazing how diffrent you feel when your house is all cleaned and freshly purged of stuff you dont need anymore? have you ever seen that show "neat" its pretty fun. :)

math puppy
03-13-2008, 01:47 AM
oh i forgot to mention i took picture for my before and after shots. it was sorta fun. i think actually seeing the progress will help me lots.
g'night

-renee

DCchick
03-13-2008, 09:27 AM
UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH....all i wanted this morning was Mcdonald's breakfast. which is weird b/c i'm not really a fast food person. i rarely go to fast food burger places...BUT there is a Mcdonalds near my office and when i have tons of work to do and had to come in early (like today) I loved going and picking up breakfast there. today i didnt. i had Kashi and soy milk instead. UGH so yay for that, but I'm already going to be over my carbs for the day (I'm trying to stay around 100-120grams/day) AND I'm going out to dinner w/ my mother tonight and restaurants just seem to pump calories into their dishes. even their 'healthy' ones. booooo. i have tons of work to do, i'll be on later to respond to everyone!

Breakfast: No Mcdonalds :D:( (happy about it, but miss the comfort of that tradition, isnt that horrible?!?) 1cup Kashi go lean and 1 cup plain soy milk
Snack: Medium apple
Lunch: 1 cup lentils and 1/2 cup basmati rice
(That's all I have so far!)

Purplefirefly
03-13-2008, 10:20 AM
I measured myself again today...in the past 2 months, i have lost 12 lb. and 14.5 inches. Not too bad, right? I am with it, and plan to start measuring every month on the 13th now...I forgot last month, but it is so motivating to see the change I will never forget again.

Today I have to get both kids at noon, feed them, drop them at mawmaws, go to parent teacher conference for dd, then in the evening I might be dropping my sweet dog at her new home :cry: I am sad, but I think she is going to a really good home with a nice family. they have a fenced backyard and a doggie door big enough for her, so she won't even have to ask to be let out. They seem really excited about her, so I have peace about it.

It will make my life easier, because our husky doesn't like her for some reason and tries to attack her every chance she can get, so keeping them separated is getting to be a lot of work, and now with the backyard being torn to pieces and rennovations inside to start soon, and everything with the kids, I just can't do it anymore. Fancy is spending more and more time in her bed because I don't have time to get her out to the park or out front to play, and cannot turn her in the backyard to play unless I drag Sierra inside, it's a lot of work! Anyway, I wasn't going to take her to the pound just to make it easy on me, but I now have a good home for her and am sure she'll be well cared for. I am letting them have her bed with all her blankets, her toys and balls, and bringing a big bag of food. She had a hamburger that she loved, carried it with her everywhere, but Sierra ripped it to shreds a week ago....so I'm going to buy her another one as a parting gift today. i am relieved, but so incredibly sad as well :cry: I might leave my debit card at home so I can't binge on the way home from dropping her.

Trazey34
03-13-2008, 10:24 AM
breakfast was 1/2 cup yummy cottage cheese, a Kashi bar & piece of fruit adn a coffee

snackie is handful of almonds & a few fresh raspberries

Lunch is w.w. pasta & tomato basil sauce (leftovers from dinner). I wish i had a salad to go with it but i don't have one :(

dinner: baked chicken, BIG salad, green beans, carrots and i'm not sure but i might want some rice tonight!

snackie: cup of tea & my 5 (that's right FIVE!!!!!) organic ginger cookies for 140 cals!!!

Beverlyjoy
03-13-2008, 10:37 AM
Hi Chickies - thanks for you asking how it went at PT. It's so nice of you to think of it. I went thru the whole scenario about the past year or so with this da** foot. (and back)

On top of the history of my foot problem is the new pain from wearing the different brace for 45 minutes last week. It really "stirred the pot" and made it worse - swollen and more painful in a different way. Of course, in retrospect, I wish I had never tried the different brace. I know that the doctor was trying to help...and there are no guarantees.

I called the orthopedist Monday and told him what a disaster the new brace was & asked if I should still go to therapy with a new injury. He said yes.

So the therapist has some ideas & I am hoping it will help.

I am suppose to go to Cleveland for my stepmom's birthday party on Saturday. I'll be icing the quite a bit.

I am getting weary of all this. I will try not to let this new pain set me back or make me head for the food. Trying to stay positive - but, it's getting harder.

You asked how I can stay positive - the only thing I can think of is my meditation and guided imagery. I think that is what's getting me thru it.

Thank goodness my food was sane yesterday. I am very grateful.

Today:

ice - contrast soaks
stretching
journal food
journal feelings
water
meditation
PMA - I'll try

breakfast - kashi waffle with npnb, 1/2 banana
lunch - "fried" brown rice with egg whites, steamed carrots
snack - cheese toast, peach
dinner - turkey italian sausage, small potato, peppers and onions
snack - cereal, flax, milk

I'll be back for personals later. Have a great day, friends!!!

Schmoodle
03-13-2008, 10:49 AM
Today:
B: crockpot steel cut oatmeal with dried cherries and walnuts, coffee with milk
S: V8, hard boiled egg
L: leftover shrimp stir fry
S: latte, cottage cheese with tomatoes, avocado, and cucumber
D: meatballs with sauce, cheese, and lots of veggies

I've already successfully navigated the Moms & Muffins breakfast at the kids' school today, just had coffee and came home and had my oatmeal like a good girl.
Will get in a WATP today, and hopefully get lots of work done. Then relax and watch Survivor tonight!

mj and Trazey, good morning gals!
mathpuppy, did you post the pix? Yes, please, pass me an extra large slice of that confidence to go with my coffee!
DCchick, it's still sometimes hard for me when I have to go to my office and I pass my usual stops I used to make - Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, and Taco Bell. My car still gives a little pull like it wants to pull in. but it does get easier. Some days I don't think about it at all anymore!
purple, :hug: about your puppy. sounds like you are doing the right thing, and it's wonderful that you've found a good home for her. Will you be able to visit?
You are in my thoughts Beverly. Hoping that the therapist's ideas will help.

bethz
03-13-2008, 12:38 PM
Been busy putting together a movie from music and pix for the boys' basketball banquet this weekend, also have some display boards with pix on them to celebrate the season. It is alot of work...but well worth it! Tonight is for resting and watching Survivor!

Having a good day at work today. Went and got some soup from the kitchen because it is cold in my office today. BRRR! (Could be from drinking all that water!) Had the points to spare!

B: simply quaker oatmeal, banana (5)
S: italian wedding soup, herbal tea (6)
L: turkey and swiss on rye, apple (9)
S: popcorn (2)
D: veggie salad with italian dressing, green beans, steak (6)
Water: plenty, I finish and refill my glass when anyone comes into the office
Exercise: one mile hall-walking

Have a great day everyone! Official weigh in tomorrow looking good! :hug: Bethz

GirlyGirlSebas
03-13-2008, 12:48 PM
Hi!

Just wanted to check in with everyone. I'm still coming and reading the posts. I'm not posting much because I don't want to do nothing but whine to all of you. I'm struggling....big time....to get my head back where it needs to be. I'm not there yet, but I'm not giving up.

Beverlyjoy
03-13-2008, 12:51 PM
Now time for personals!

Schmoodle - I am SO glad to hear you've been OP and getting to your exercise goal. That is awesome. :cp:It's a wonderful goal. One pound is GREAT. Glad you could avoid the Muffin and Mom tempations. :D:):)

DCchick - great plan for the day. I love tea, too!:coffee2:

Bgtxmamma - food to hear that your food is going well. :D Go girl!

MJ5 - Bargains are awesome!! :cheer: Love it. My favorite way to shop, too.

Math - love that your cat is a cuddler - it's fun when they are. Yes, the cat and everyone here is proud that you are staying in your calorie range. :carrot::carrot: Perky is GOOD.

Purple - WOW - 12 pounds and 14.5 is a wonderful accomplishment! :bravo: I am so sorry you had to give the dog away. I am very glad it worked out to where it went - sounds like a good spot for him. I know this was very, very hard. :hug::)

Trazey- GREAT plan...go girl!:)

Have a good OP day. Remember everyone...treat yourself as well as you would treat your best friend.

kissingginger
03-13-2008, 01:08 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm around, my eating's under control and exercise has been good. As of today, I have a cold. A big Ol' nasty cold. I just feel crummy. :( And one of my kids has an ear infection, although he is feeling better now that he has meds for it. I went to bed at 930 last night, and here it is 9am, and I'm just getting up and having tea. Thank goodness hubby is watching the kids.

Back to the couch- take care ladies - read all the posts - everyone hang in there!

Cheers,
Ginger

Beverlyjoy
03-13-2008, 01:27 PM
Rhonda....hang in there! :hug: I know it's hard to be here when you are struggling. I am glad that you are still coming to read. Maybe there is ONE thing you can do today. (drink lots of water, eat fruit and veggies, etc - take your pick) Take care! We are with you, friend.

Ginger - take care of that cold!! Glad to here your program is going well. :)

bigtxmomma
03-13-2008, 07:36 PM
Hey ladies.

I'm STILL struggling to get back on track, so I've been keeping myself busy. I'm TOMing and that always turns me into a nutter, plus I'm slowly slipping into unhealthy habits. Last night I was making DD & DH's salad dressing with honey, and I kept "tasting" it. Doing this too many times makes it no longer JUST a taste. Argh.

I really do want to stay away from sugar. My body doesn't need it. I don't even FEEL good after I eat sugar. I also started reintroducing carbs, like you do in SB Phase II. But for some reason it's really hard to stick to one portion a day. My portion sizes seem to be slipping out of control. Today was better, but not as good as I've been doing. =/ I'm trying to nip it in the bud. This is the part where my eating habits tend to spiral. I make one slip up, think there is no harm in it, but in reality it's a gateway to overeating.

I kicked butt exercise-wise today, tho. I did about 15 mins of Biggest Loser cardio, then 2 mile brisk WATP. I think 45 mins is the longest I've gone w/ a cardio workout so far. =D

DCchick, that is awesome about the McDonalds! :mcd: You should be so proud of yourself!! =D :carrot:
Purple, 12 pounds and 14.5 inches??? Not bad??? Are you kidding? That's awesome. :cp: That's a tough situation with your dog. =( The dogs not getting along is an impossible situation to live with. I'm sorry, it's going to be so hard on you. =( =( =( Good for you about not bringing your debit card, tho. That's definitely being proactive.
Trazey, great menu! Can you tell me more about those ginger cookies? Do you make them yourself or did you buy them? :broc:
mj, I'm mildly disappointed you didn't buy anything so I could live vicariously through you. ;) But, it is better not to clutter up stuff again. I should go on a stuff-removal spree. We have wayyyy too much junk in our little 2 br apt.
Beverly, I'm sorry about how much pain you're in. That's awful that the new brace exacerbated it. =( =( =( That's just awful. You're a saint for keeping on track, and I"m glad the imagery and meditation soothes you.
Hey Rhonda, I hope you're doing ok. I know you tend to be pretty stoic in your posts, but feel free to whine away if you would like an ear. Or two. Or ten.
Bethz, hope your WI goes well tomorrow!! Good luck! :broc:
Math Puppy! Yay for the loss!! Your perkiness is frighteningly contagious! I am inspired to insert as many smilies into this post as possible. :dance: lol =D =D =D Good idea about progress shots. Really good idea.
Schmoodle, glad things are going well!!! I like your breakfast cheesecake idea. That sounds so yummy. Good job with your exercise!!

Hope I didn't miss anyone. Rakel? Darkblue? You guys out there?

mj5
03-13-2008, 08:00 PM
Hi everyone! I am still slacking w/ exercise....my knee is acting up, but I don't want to use that as an excuse. I am going to 'baby' it tomorrow (ice and pain meds) and then get back at it by Saturday.

DCchick--Great job resisting McDonalds! Hope you do as well at dinner tonight!

Purple--Wow, you are doing fantastic!!!! What a stressful day for you. It sounds like you found a really good home for your dog. I cannot imagine how hard it must have been to drop her off today!

Trazey--Welcome back!

Beverlyjoy--Hang in there...I know you can get through this!

schmoodle--Great job at the breakfast this am! Did you get in your watp?

Bethz--Can't wait to hear about your weigh in!

Rhonda--Do not stay away, we are here to support through the good and bad!

ginger--Hope you feel better soon!

txmomma--Stay w/ it...You CAN do this! Awesome job w/ the exercise! I am REALLY disappointed! I was going to buy two purses at the beginning of our vacation and dh talked me out of it....I wish I had bought one of them (the other would have been a total impulse buy)....oh well....there will be other shopping! Maybe this weekend! ;0)

Have a great night!

Purplefirefly
03-13-2008, 08:20 PM
Okay, I just dropped my pup off and I feel so sad, and yet glad that she'll be in a good place with no mean husky trying to attack her every step she makes. It seems like a good home for her, but you never know what they are going to do with/to her, ya know? My son slept on the way home, so I got to get my tears out and collect myself before pulling in the driveway and putting on the happy mommy smile again.

Hubby has a friend over working on some machine of sorts, so their little 2 year old is here and I am not in the mood! My kids should be in bed right now, but with company that is impossible, so I'm annoyed at hubby, keep telling him they need to get in bed but he acts like it's no big deal....GRRR men!

Big thing is I have not felt like eating all day. I even went by McDs for hubby on way to drop my dog, and had no desire for any of it. I went to the grocery store and normally would load up on lots of candy and cakes to get through the stress...but didn't want anything there either. I forced down a salad earlier, maybe 200 calories, and that is it today. I have no desire for food. I have peace about her being in a good home (I think) but when I went to leave she tried to run out with me and they had to hold her by the collar while I went out and she was struggling to get away from them :cry: I was in tears as I shut the door, and now am wondering if she is happy, does she like it there, will they be nice to her. I am really rethinking my decision here, even though I know it will be easier on me now, and that gives me tons and tons of guilt.

:cry: I need a hot bath, but hubby's friend WON'T LEAVE!!!! Okay, enough venting. Going to get things ready for the AM , my daughter has pictures at school and I have to figure out if her sandals from last year still fit, they are the only ones that will match her spring picture outfit, so they better fit...don't need another issue tonight.

rakel
03-13-2008, 10:56 PM
I'm failing this and at a very low point only days before the wedding (next Saturday). I found out yesterday that from the start, John's mother has been saying some unkind things about me (including things about my weight, btw). I could go into all of the details, but I won't... I will say that I have always been good to her, spoke nothing but praises of her, and was truly thankful to have her in my life, until I found out that it was all a lie. Now I don't know what to feel... and she won't even talk to me about it.

I can't believe that all of this time John has been taking these quips from his mom and not telling me about it... but now some things are starting to make sense. He said that she said something yesterday about me that sent him over the edge, and so he had a dissertation when I got home from work. The plan was that after John gave his spiel, her and I were supposed to talk and see if we can work something out, but she just got up very hastily into her room and shut the door. Whenever I come out of my room or into the house and she's out, she'll promptly get up and go to her room. John says that part of it is just because she is mad at him for "exposing" her true feelings to me... and well, there's a lot of complex things about this situation, but none of them result in something good.

If things continue down this path then we will most likely just move out when our lease is up in May. Up until this point I never had any problems living together and was planning on having her stay with us indefinitely, even though we were getting married. I didn't think I had any "in-law" problems. I didn't mind doing things for her that she couldn't do -- things on the computer, or with her cell phone, or taking her to the doctor, picking her up from work, etc. I thought we had a good time together... I don't know what she's going to do because she had it pretty good with us (her quality of living would be worse with any of her other children), and she can't afford to live on her own. We're in a better spot than her financially, especially once John is working regularly and I get a few more paychecks under my belt. By May we should be able to afford our own place, no problem, so I'm not necessarily worried about that.

BUT my car is having lots of problems. I get one thing fixed and then there's another $200 - $300 repair... so I tried to see if I could get a loan through USAA today, and of course, I was denied for anything over $3,000. Because, blah blah blah... too high revolving balances, accounts without credit history, recent delinquencies, etc. Which, again, no huge surprise but it still upset me because I'd really like to get a new car ASAP before this stupid VW Jetta burns a hole in my pocket. I might as well be putting the money towards a Honda that will last forever. I know I can try getting a stupid high interest loan and then refinancing once I build my credit up some more... or getting a cosigner? But I don't know who could or would do that for me.

And lastly, I was trying on this bra/body suit I got for my wedding dress because I'm going to a function tomorrow and I thought I might wear it, only to find out that there is no way in HECK that thing is fitting... and a month ago it was fitting OK, tight, but OK. Yeah, so that was depressing in and of itself... but I rushed to return it and exchange it for another size at Lane Bryant, but they didn't have the size I needed. So, I thought I could get some Spanx and a strapless bra instead... but I come to find out that Lane Bryant now has a policy on returns without receipts where EVEN IF THE ITEM IS THE SAME AMOUNT OF MONEY, if you return it without a receipt, then you can only get a lesser amount refunded back to you. So, the bra suit thing cost $55... they would only give me $30 for it. I seriously cracked in the store and started crying and couldn't stop.

I will say that I'm paying my Lane Bryant card off and I'm not shopping there anymore. I will find a way to complain about this new policy and express my boycott. I think it's absolutely ridiculous. I can understand if things were on clearance and the price keeps going down but.... a regular priced item that is not even on sale when I return it???

I still have freelance projects I need to work on... some more wedding stuff to do (I need to make some corsages and boutonnières)... John still doesn't have a job and money is still tight... and I just feel depressed and miserable. I'm afraid the wedding is going to go horribly and that I'll be too unhappy to enjoy it.

bigtxmomma
03-14-2008, 12:14 AM
Oh, Rakel, that's awful. :hug: You always sounded like you genuinely cared for your MIL. That's awful she would treat you that way, and behind your back!!!! That's such poor character. I can imagine you feel horribly betrayed. And having this all arise THE WEEK BEFORE YOUR WEDDING is unbearable. =( I'm so sorry. Ugh. =/ =/

Please do move out, unless things improve. It's so tricky to reconcile IL relationships. It's like, you live and interact closely with your ILs as if they were your own family, but you don't have the same 25+ year trust and depth and history and love like you have with the family you grew up with. It's just such a bizarre relationship. She must be a negative person or something, and you guys do not need anything but positive support as you start your married life together.

Do not, do not, do not let this ruin your wedding. You need to be all happy and stuff! This is your wedding! Cheers!!!!!!! =D :cheers:

I would make a fuss with Lane Bryant. They are pretty irksome. If you bought the item with a credit card, you can totally request a copy of the original receipt from the company. And then send it in and ask for the difference. I would do that if I were you, but I'm generally an uppity person with an overinflated sense of self righteousness.

math puppy
03-14-2008, 03:58 AM
hey gang, whew i just wrote out all the personals and, am i ever tired! :lol:
so ill make this quick. im hungry. dang im hungry! lol i better go to bed before i do something about it!
also, i step one the scale every morning now expecting big numbers (of loss) but i know ist not possible to lose 5lbs in one day without surgery. however, i still fantasize about it...alot. okay that was my confession of the night.
take care friends!

dcchick-we all want comfort food sometimes. maybe the trick is to develop new comforts? good job not giving in today. thats what we call willpower

purple- any weight loss is never bad! in the past 3 i lost 11...but i yoyo-ed on month 2 and had to lose about 10lbs all over again! so glad you found a home for your doggie. if ppl are excited about her, it must be a good sign. :hug: take care of yourself. i know its hard to say goodbye to one that you love.

trazey-wow 5 cookies! :lol: exciting

beverlyjoy- think of us and how we all believe in you next time you want to comfort your pain with food.

schmoodle-no i dont really know where/how to post the pics. i only have the before pics right now. lol. wouldn't be very impressive :)

bethz- my fingers are crossed for you! good luck on weigh in!

girlygirl- oh you can wine to us anytime, its what we are hear for! but even if youd rather not, im glad you're not giving up, you have lost 36 lbs! 36!! thas amazing!. i really want to be able to see you lose 78 more. i know you can do it! come back every day even just to read k? :) good luck

ginger- uck, i hate the cold sniffles. hope you got lots of rest.

bigtxmomma- for me, the eating habits are key. slipping up is so easy! but you have already lost 29lbs! thats alot, i bet if you think about how much fun it will be to changer you ticker to 30lbs lost, you wont slip up so easily. at least thats been working for me this week. one meal at a time tex, just take it one meal at a time. take care

mj-sending your knee best wishes.

rakel- i bet your MIL is really embarrassed about what she did, so she is scared to talk to you....... or maybe she just has really bad gas, and doesn't want you to know so she leaves the room as fast as she can before you find out? maybe, i guess there is no way of telling at this point.
hope things turn out for the best. sorry you had such a rough day.

Beverlyjoy
03-14-2008, 09:42 AM
Hi chickies! Thank you all for your support! :) It means ALOT to me - really does. I made it thru yesterday with my plan - I am so, so grateful.

Today I have PT - I am trying to take the attitude that this is really going to help and make a big difference in my pieces and parts! :)

For today-

Physical Therapy today
journal food
lots of water
meditation
stretches
ice, etc
PMA

breakfast - kashi waffle with npnb, applesauce
snack - yellow peppers
lunch - ff cottage cheese with sliced banana, wheat crackers, streamed carrots with ICBINB spray
snack - cheese toast, apple
dinner - sloppy joes on ww bread, green beans
snack - cereal, flax, skim milk

I'll come back for personals later. Have a GREAT on plan days. If you are struggling - think of ONE thing you can do. :hug:

Thanks again.

Schmoodle
03-14-2008, 10:21 AM
Hi chicks, here's today:
B: crockpot steel cut oatmeal with dried cherries and walnuts, coffee with milk
S: V8, hard boiled egg
L: leftover Med Fish Stew
S: latte, cottage cheese with tomatoes and cucumber
D: WW Pita Pizzas

I am running late, but wanted to give Rakel a :hug:. It's too bad all that mess couldn't wait until after the wedding to come out. Weddings are stressful enough! I know you feel betrayed, but try and focus on John, not his family and have a wonderful day anyway. You can worry about all that mess later. Then do what's best for you and your new DH! I can tell you I am grateful every day that my MIL lives in another country. Any closer and I would have strangled her long ago. Lots of people have IL issues. You'll work it out somehow. We will all be there in spirit! Lots of imaginary 3fc maids and matrons of honor.

bethz
03-14-2008, 11:08 AM
Good news on the scale this morning... lost 3 pounds this week:carrot:

Had a good on plan week, got most of my exercise and plenty of water in!

Son returns overseas on Thursday! Will spend the weekend with us, then set out to Boston to see his sister and visit with his children...has been great to have him around. His teen brothers enjoy him so, and look up to him. We all will look forward to his eventual return to the area late this year or early next year.

Lots of company tomorrow...cooking a big dinner with good options for ME! Have a banquet...buffet style...on Sunday for basketball teams. Video came out great! Wish me luck and willpower at the BUFFET...

Will check in on Monday. Think of you all often. :hug: Beth

bigtxmomma
03-14-2008, 12:30 PM
Purple, :hug: :hug: were you ever able to get that hot bath?

mj, when is your next adventure going to be? Is your knee feeling any better?

Math, I secretly hope the scale will drop five pounds overnight, too. Hahahahahaa. =D

Beverly, hope your pieces and parts are doing well. That's great to look positively toward the PT.

Bethz, I bet you're excited to see your son!! That's awesome you'll have plenty of good food choices at all your big dinners! =D

Anyway, I'm doing well. Stayed on plan last night, and didn't eat anything after dinner. Yesterday I was sooooooo thirsty. I'm kind of thirsty this morning, but not like yesterday. I'm so bloated from TOM, and it was warmer when I was working out, around 78 degrees, so I sweated more and was hotter than normal, so I imagine that's why I was thirsty.

Breakfast: Egg, coffee, Gimme Lean
Lunch: eggplant and ricotta bake
Dinner: something with beans
Snack: LFLC & tomato, smoothie

For exercise I think I'd like to do strength & sculpt today. I like working my muscles, and it's been a few days.

Does anyone else have one arm stronger than the other? I'm right handed, but my left arm is totally stronger than my right one for some reason. I just noticed that a few days ago when my right arm killed during some exercises but my left arm had no problem with it. A couple years ago, I had my palm read and the reader said how muscular my left hand and arm was, and she was shocked when she found out I was right handed.

Even my biceps are way more pronounced in my left arm. Sorry. Weird tangent, I know! lol I just really favor my left arm.

mj5
03-14-2008, 06:12 PM
Hi everyone! I'll get caught up w/ personals either later or tomorrow. Just wanted to pop in and say hi. I cannot believe vacation week is winding down!!! Haven't found a way to be independently wealthy, so it will be back to work Monday for us!

We haven't done much today--stayed off my knee and used my pain meds--I hate to take them too much, but it has really been bothering me lately. I have my ortho appt Thurs (finally!), so I will at least get an injection that will take the edge off temporarily.

Tonight we are going to watch a movie or two and just veg. Tomorrow we are going to the recycling center--one of my least favorite things to do, but must be done! It doesn't take long, it's just one of those chores I don't like to do!

Today water has been good, food choices ok, I still haven't exercised, but hopefully tomorrow I will feel up to it.

bigtxmomma
03-14-2008, 06:55 PM
You guys, I need some inspiration or good vibes or somethin'.

I took photos to document my progress, and YUCK. I feel so gross now. I was feeling so good about my body, but it doesn't even look like I lost weight or anything. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. I don't know why it bothers me so much. I was kind of gross in the picture, wearing a tank top and baggy workout pants. I have no idea why it's bothering me so much, or why I'm beating myself up over it. It's not that big a deal. But it's totally not motivating me at all. In fact, it killed all my motivation.

asfdjkafldjsfsajkldaljfsdkafljkdsljkfsda;la;kjdsfj alk;

math puppy
03-15-2008, 04:24 AM
the weirdest thing happened this morning, i lost a bunch of weight. i just got on the scale and was like "whoa! does that scale say 255?? waaaa?" then i stepped on it again and it said 256 or something. i swore i weighed 259 last night! did i leave a small body part in the bed when i work up this morning? (checks for liver) well i guess im 256 now. ill go with that. :lol: i guess this is what happens when i stick to my plan like a mad woman. i cant believe im sticking to my plan so well! i just finally cracked and got as much support that i could in my life. i got my kungfu class, i have 3fatchicks, i now have a weight loss coach from my insurance plan (they call me for the first time on wed)and i got my partner cheering me on, and i also talk about it. i think the talking about it was really the gate way. for a long time i never talked about how unhappy i was being a fatty. i knew i was, i just never said it out loud.
thank you guys for giving me a place to talk about it. 3fatchicks was the best idea ever!

i just hope thise keeps up for a long time. i know the hard times will hit me eventually. but hopfuly it is later rather then sooner!!!!!!
wishing you all well!

bethz- wow! congratulations! all your hard work has paid off! isnt it great!!have fun with your son! good luck with buffet. tell us how it went.

beverlyjoy- how did physical therapy go?

schmoodle-how was your day?

bigtxmomma- holy crap. i think your wish was granted! see post.
i have tom too right now! wow your left hand is your strong hand and your right hand is your "fine arts" hand. you could be a neat super hero. i can see it now.

bigtxmomma- aww i just read your second post. your motivation isnt dead! youre just unhappy with the way you look right now :(. i understand, im not very happy with the way i look either....but theres really only two options. gain weight or loose weight. you've already tried being on the "gain side" of things and that wasnt very fun. i grantee once you get to 225 youll be much happier. i think you are an amazing person. i know i dont really know you in RL, but i do know that getting to 225 is important to you. and we are here to help you do that. ive lost 15 lbs, and to be honest i dont see a difference at all. i dont have pics to compare my body too at that weight (why i took pics at this weight). but my partner insists that my "inner tube" is smaller now. and shes not the kind of girl that would lie about that just to make me feel better. i bet you just dont see it because you are so used to your body. but trust me, there will be some random number you hit where suddenly you will say "omg, i can tell im thinner now!" hang in there girl.

mj- i always feel like a need a vacation after my vacations. maybe you have the right idea staying home.

Beverlyjoy
03-15-2008, 09:13 AM
Hi friends! Today we are going to Cleveland for overnight. it's the March birthday party - me, Rachel (stepmom), Harry my cousin from Ann Arbor, Mi and my SIL, Nancy - we all have March birthdays. Also, my cousins from Baltimore are driving in too. It will be great fun

I will use food exchanges for managing my food today and tomorrow. I know tonight is lasagna, bread, salad, cake. I'll take a small portion of everything - except the salad.

Yesterday went well with my food - I am grateful.

I hope you all have a good on plan weekend. Treat yourself as well as you'd treat a friend.

Purplefirefly
03-15-2008, 10:38 AM
:hug: so sorry rakel :hug: This is not the time for that drama, so I say ignore her as she is you and just focus on yourself and the wedding! Lane Bryant sucks too...things seem to all come down at once, too. You are going to be beautiful, the wedding is going to be as happy as you feel in your heart and smile, so do whatever you need to do to make yourself happy! She wants to pull you down, don't let her!!! Ignore her, go on your happy way and let her find someone else to shuttle her around. You can do this, but you have to be selfish and make your wedding a happy day for YOU and your hubby...and if she's miserable, who cares? Let her be miserable by herself.

math--You have food, water, etc. all in your body at night. I am usually 3-5 lb. heavier at night, so like to step on before bed and guess what I'll be in the AM :lol: I'm a scale freak, though. Congrats on the loss!

txmomma--maybe you can't see your progress because of the baggy pants? I always wear tight things to do pics, and try to wear the same outfit as well. With 29 lb. loss you should see a difference, or maybe it's just your own eyes not seeing it for emotional reasons? I have one arm stronger, and one arm measures an inch larger tahn the other...not surewhich is which though.

bethz--YAY for the returning son! Enjoy him.

I am feeling better, just really busy, of course it's the weekend :^:

rakel
03-15-2008, 12:41 PM
Thanks for your words of kindness and encouragement btxmomma, mathpuppy, schmoodle & purple! I think you are right... and I've successfully completed a day where I didn't even feel an urge to cry. It's not too difficult to ignore her, and John and I have both adapted the response that she's wrong and needs to apologize to us, there really is no reason even if I don't clean as much as she likes to do what she's done. She's famous for being mad and not talking for weeks, and if that's the way she wants it, then fine. Last night we went to Ikea and I started getting excited for moving and getting furniture from there :P. I always kinda felt like I didn't really have a choice about her... I felt like, sure, it would be nice to be out on our own, but we hadn't really been able to afford it either. The tide is changing though, so I see this as a new opportunity. Like one of John's friends said, "She's a grown woman, and she should be able to take care of herself without being a burden for you two."

Scale was down a pound today, but it seems to fluctuates between 272-275 on a regular basis so I don't know if it's actually going down or not. I really need to get some insurance so I can see about my thyroid, since the nurse practitioner said that it seemed "a bit enlarged." If it really is enlarged, it may really be a leading factor for my weight -- not that I eat like a saint and still gain weight, but it's just a lot easier to gain a significant amount of weight because of my slow metabolism. I have to be extra good all of the time in order to even lose weight... and I'm not even sure what the extent of "extra good" is.

Schmoodle
03-15-2008, 01:04 PM
Hi chicks, just popping in for a brief visit, as it's a Saturday of running around, errands, and kid stuff. Started out great though, as the kids spent the night at Grandma's, so DH and I got up and hit the gym, then had breakfast and did some shopping at the Pa Dutch market before picking them up. Not gonna post a menu, but I had an omelet for breakky, and dinner will be some yummy sirloin steaks, spinach, and mashed rutabagas. I'm about to plan my menus for the week and will grocery shop this afternoon, so until then, it will be scavenging for food.
I have been on plan and exercising like somebody that's not me, but no budging on the scale this AM. It's all good, I just keep on going, barely give it a thought. I'm pre-TOM, so maybe next week will be better.

Just a big wave :wave:to everybody, I'll try to do personals later, but so glad you are sounding more cheerful and optimistic Rakel!
And bigtxmomma, don't get down! Maybe fix yourself up and put on a cute outfit and try again! The right outfit can make a huge difference over baggy sweats. But in any case, don't get discouraged! I'm sure you feel the difference even if it's not really showing as much as you'd like yet. I got together with some friends after losing 40 lbs. last fall, and none of them had seen me in a year, so I was ready for all kinds of positive comments, but nobody seemed to notice a thing, and I was very disappointed. Lately I haven't been losing much at all, but people keep commenting on the difference. It's just funny that way sometimes! You'll get there, keep your chin up!

bigtxmomma
03-15-2008, 08:04 PM
Hi everyone,

Thank you guys for making me feel better. :hug: I'm doing better today. I've just sort of blocked the pictures out of my head. I just can't find motivation in being disgusted with my body. I don't want to lose weight out of fear or something negative. I want to have wonderful feelings about my body RIGHT NOW. Not 100 pounds from now. That's why I'm really digging my meditation/visualization stuff, and I listen twice a day if not more. One part of the visualization is to think about your goals, and then to take those feelings and keep them with you now. I never really thought about it like that, but it really keeps me thinking positively about the journey I'm on.

mj, hope you're having a great time still. =D

Math, wow 5 pounds! That's incredible! That's an awesome idea about the weight loss coach. I'm going to call my plan on Monday to see if we have something similar. We have personal health coaches, but I've never talked to one. You know, I agree with you -- talking about things, having it all in the open, and having such support really makes it so much easier. I know there is no way I would have stuck on this as long as I have (ok, it's only day 41, lol, but still!!) didn't talk about what I was going through. :hug:

Rakel, I'm glad you're feeling better about your MIL. It is best to remain positive and not hold grudges and just focus on what is important. Like Ikea. ;) I'm excited to hear about your wedding next week. =D =D

Rhonda, I heard about the crazy storms in Atlanta and thought about you. Hope all is well.

Beverly, hope you have fun in Cleveland! :cheers: to an OP weekend!

Schmoodle, yay for a night with the kids at G'ma's house! Mashed rutabagas... yum, I'm going to have to try that. And you're right. I should put on nice clothing. I'm going to see my family at the end of April. I hope they notice. But they probably won't. There probably is some point when people just start to take notice.

Purple, I think it is some sort of emotional thing. My pants are falling off, and I'm wearing clothes I wasn't able to fit into, so there is a few inches lost. Hope you get a break this weekend!

Thank you all so much for cheering me up.

bigtxmomma
03-15-2008, 08:06 PM
Oh yea. I'm eating well today. Out of eggs for bfast so I ate two hot dogs. =/ And for lunch/snack, I had two bowls of really yummy red lentil soup. Sooo good. I did WATP 2 mile, brisk.