Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 03-09-2008, 02:42 PM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Wow

SO I finally went to the grocery yesterday and my fridge and pantry are semi full! Healthy NOn carb food YAY! it was amazing this morning I had protein (I kicked it atkins style with scrambled eggs butter and fullfat cheese) for breakfast and I don't want to eat like an insane Freakshow!
for the first time in 2 weeks a little too much fat as my gallbladder was twingetastic. I'm almost afraid to eat again tho I should!

It's so wierd even "healthy carbs" seem to be messing with my blood sugar. Have some bulgur (or a WW wrap) and a half hour- 1 hour later I want more food
the other night all of a sudden I realized I was standing in the pantry closet with a mouth full of plain oatmeal.
Anyoen who says carb addiction is fake needs to meet me!
on that note! off to ponder a safe lunch!
Kier
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 02:54 PM   #2  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Hey, KO! I just saw this post on the main page and I wanted to say hello If you're on a low carb plan, you might pop over to the "Low Carb" forums and say hi to us! We have a few long-time low carbers who could probably give you some meal ideas, and lots of LC support! Carb addiction is definitely real--there is no such thing as "one bite" of pasta or "just one" cookie for me--that logic turns into a full-fleged binge! I just go crazy!

I see that you're nearly at your goal, and you've made SUPER-inspiring progress! Congrats on that!

Last edited by Azure; 03-09-2008 at 02:55 PM.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 02:58 PM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Thanks Az! I'll check you guys out! I kinda float between LC and SBD and I count WW Points (I think I'm tripolar!) just trying to find the right mix for me. You're kickign some serious Booty yourself!
Old 03-09-2008, 09:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

KO you kill me!!! You carb addict you!!! I'm still laughing over "Would you like some bread with your bread!" One of my most favorite things in the world is Taboule Salad made from couscous and so...I decided that I would make just a little this weekend. Just a little! I lovingly cut the tomatoes, onions, pepper, squeezed the lemons, measured the olive oil, mint and parsley and made my salad. Took two bites and had the worst lead ball in my "tummy". Could it possibly be the carbs? NO! So the next day I decided it was a fluke and I would try it again. I'll be danged if it didn't happen again. I swear I was only going to eat 1/4 c. of the stuff. My SIL is coming to de-carb my kitchen Monday!!! I haven't eaten a mouth full of oatmeal, only because I have steel-cut oats and I would probably break out all of my teeth. I made Buttermilk Ranch Wheat Bread this weekend and it is calling my name. The stupidiest thing the bread is for an ABM group bread challenge and I can't even eat it to tell my group how the dang stuff tastes! Isn't that nuts. My DH and DD says it tastes good!!
A true Carboholic signing off!
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 11:24 PM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Nan lets not let the poison pass our lips! its not worth it!