Old 03-09-2008, 12:30 AM   #1  
It's Gonna Happen!

S/C/G: 168/168/145

Height: 5'9"

Default Resolutions losing steam.... time to kick it back up! What is everyone's goal?

Hi everyone!!

So, it's officially 2 1/2 months after new year's... and I have to admit, my resolutions are losing steam... as the winter drags on and on and on (it snowed AGAIN today!) I find myself losing the motivation I had 6 weeks ago. BUT - I know summer is just around the corner and I am SOOO not ready for shorts & tank tops and - *GASP* - a bathing suit!

SO.... I wanted to throw out a line to all of you wonderful 20-somethings to get each other going!!!

My goal is 15 lbs by June 15th - and 20 lbs by Labor Day (I'm pretty sure those last 5 are going to be killer, and I alwasy have a hard time losing in the summer... too many drinking events!)

Who's with me for a reinvigorated resolution???
rdye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 07:36 AM   #2  
The Last 10lbs!

Don't give up rdye! I had to buy a bathing suit the other day because I am going on vacation at the start of April and you wouldn't believe how happy I was looking at myself in it. I may not be at goal, and from there not at my ideal weight, but I was so thrilled because I look so much better in a bathing suit than I used to! I know I couldn't have done it if I hadn't stuck with it - I know what you mean about losing motivation, though - I have had so many days where I've wanted to give up but it's the little things like my bathing suit shopping trip that really make it worthwhile. Just like your little tag line under your username says, It's Gonna Happen, so don't give up!

My goal is 150 by April 1, and 145 by June 1. Preferably sooner, but like you, I imagine those last 5 lbs will be really difficult to get off, and as the weather gets nicer, I imagine there will be more BBQs and picnics at the park and so on!
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 08:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

Rdye I was in the same boat as you!! I lost 21 lbs since the new year and instead of being motivted I was losing steam as you put it. So Friday I switched over to the fat smash diet and that seems to be working for me.

I'm with you! I;m hoping to lose about 20 lbs by June!
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 08:49 AM   #4  
Goonies never say die!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I have 3 short term goals set:

186 lbs by March 17th (little fun goal)
175 lbs by May 10th (vacation)
150 lbs by Sept 11th (my birthday)

I'm not sure when i'll reach my long term 135 lbs, but i'll see where i am by those dates!
DaisyNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 10:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

I'm with 2B2Bf (hi!), I love switching up something to kickstart my motivation. So far this year, I've switched from counting cals to counting points, and then switched from low-budget points to actually paying for the WW site. Next up on the list is to reinvigorate my workout -- I usually switch my weight routine according to whatever magazine comes that month with a routine that won't make me look foolish at the gym (some of the exercises they suggest are RIDICULOUS!!).
Anyway, good luck! I am pushing myself today after skipping out on the gym yesterday...I WILL make it to yoga tonight!
S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:26 AM   #6  
It's Gonna Happen!

S/C/G: 168/168/145

Height: 5'9"

Hi ladies!! thanks for the support - you're the best! I was really good with eating today and had a killer kickboxing workout this morning. I also bought a pair of $$ jeans that are too small, but that will fit when I hit goal (or at least I hope they will - ha!) That's motivation right there! I also have a wedding in mid-april that I'd like to show some progress for - and of course - summer is coming and I want to wear cute skirts, tanks, etc. and feel GOOD.

I am doing points and trying to get a meeting set up at work - that's the best way for me b/c I can't skip the meeting and if I just weigh myself at home, I tend to not take it as seriously (there's something so motivating about NOT getting that disappointing look from the WW lady at meetings...)

Cheers to summer!

Freedom - what did you do to lose it all?
rdye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 03:57 AM   #7  
The Last 10lbs!

rdye, I'm counting points too. And I've been exercising 4-6 days a week for half an hour or so (25-35 minutes on average) each day on top of walking to school four days a week and the occasional walk to and around town (maybe once a week for that one). It may not sound like a lot, but getting those little bits of exercise in seem to have done a lot more for me than long sessions. My motivation seems to be stronger now that I have been with it longer and have seen the results. Have you been counting points for 2.5 months and not seen a difference? If yes, there's something wrong I'm afraid. I have yet to meet someone that hasn't succeeded on WW if they gave it a good effort, and it sounds like you certainly are! I've cut back on a lot of sweet things but I haven't deprived myself, and I have never had a binge day (just some nights out and treats here and there that I use flex points for) and I think this is why, because I've not told myself I can't have something, I just have a smaller amount of it. Also, some people find that going to the meetings is a big help. I hope you're successful in setting one up at work! Good luck to you, and if I can help with anything, let me know! You should come join us on the WW boards. You might find some useful info there!

I think it has helped me, too, that I am generally a really active person. I don't have a car, so even if I just need milk at the store, I have to walk to go get it. Before WW, I was able to eat pretty much anything I wanted and managed to stay at 171 for the last several years because of this (didn't gain, didn't lose) and I think that the amount of walking I do had a big impact on it because I didn't gain when I got to university like a lot of people do. I have a friend that gained 20 pounds when she got to university! Once I changed my eating habits, the weight came off rather quickly because I even upped my activity and started exercising as well as walking everywhere. I know they say you can lose weight on WW without exercising, and there are people that do, but I think it's been very helpful for me!

Last edited by freedomreins; 03-10-2008 at 04:04 AM.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

Well I am feeling recharged and motivated. That fat smash has been a really big help to me!!
I'm actually getting excited abotu summer although I am not sure what I will do because I think once i hit the 170's my clothes will all be too big but I really don't want to buy anything new until at least the 150's and preferably goal!! I may have to have things altered!

Daisy we have the same long term goal and similar short term ones too!!

Lizzy: Hi!! Does Yoga actually give you a workout? i know it's crazy but I have never tried it!! Although when I get close to goal I am planning to get a lululemon outfit!!

Rdye: Which kickboxing workout are you doing? Is it at the gym or at home? I did carribbeam workotu yesterday and i was dripping in sweat!! That rarely happens to me! Does the WW lady really give you the look? That woudl make me feel bad.
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:07 AM   #9  
Blabbermouth

S/C/G: 140/131/120

Height: 5'4

Ryde, I bought a bikini from Victoria's Secret, and I'm going to fit in it by this summer! Great idea to try and get back on track with your resolution. When I first started, I resolved to be down to 130 by Spring Break. I have 2 weeks to go.
frog0726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:24 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 209/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'5

I was loosing steam too ...but I also have a vacation coming up in early April so i set another goal to lose another 10lbs by then so now I'm back on track!
Cherrygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:27 AM   #11  
The Last 10lbs!

rdye, these ladies make a good point! I think a reason I've been really motivated lately is because I am going on a cruise on April 1. Do you have a vacation coming up? Could you perhaps plan one, even just a weekend away, as motivation and then a reward for working hard? This cruise is certainly going to be my reward, though I am going to try to not overindulge on all the good foods!
Old 03-10-2008, 10:43 AM   #12  
here we go again

S/C/G: 168/ticker/140

Height: 5 foot 7

I was losing a bit of steam, but then I dropped a few more pounds and I had the realization that I'm the smallest I've been since 2003, when I put all this weight on to begin with! I feel like I can really do this. My 'skinny pants' are getting loose! Little things keep cropping up and every time I notice something new its like a little booster shot to keep me going.
carolineintx is offline   Reply With Quote