100 lb. Club - Sweat Until Our Clothes Slide Off! March 10th - 16th

mezmerize
03-08-2008, 03:06 PM
:welcome: Here is where you can post your workouts it doesn't matter how often or long and what you do for your workouts (chase the dog/cat/kids around the house) :twirly:
You moved take credit!! :encore:
You can be as brief as you want or write a novel.;)

PaulaM
03-08-2008, 03:19 PM
Still walking 1/2 hour a day and using handweights every other day. Want to try and walk longer, that's my next goal.

fiberlover
03-08-2008, 04:48 PM
Hi all!
Glad to see you posting Mez - hope the recovery is going well.

I got up early to do exercise this AM. My folks are in town and knew I wouldn't do it later, so I did Cardio Overdrive Express - which is a 30 minute workout.

Iwanawurkit
03-08-2008, 08:21 PM
Uhhhhh....how do I begin on this thread? I am currently working out on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. I try to move every single day but I haven't done so well on the non gym days. I guess I need a little motivation. I try to eat healthy by following YOAD but that thread has pretty well died down a bunch. I have about 86 more pounds I would like to lose.

KimL1214
03-10-2008, 01:58 PM
I did an ab workout early this morning because I couldn't sleep. I'm supposed to swim after school, but am so exhausted (after only getting three hours of sleep) that I don't know if it's a good idea to be in the pool by myself. Although, it may wake me up.

fiberlover
03-10-2008, 03:28 PM
Today I did Hi Def Sculpt by the Firm. :lifter:

mezmerize
03-10-2008, 06:19 PM
PaulaM Ė Kudos on your walking and planning your future walks.

Fiberlover Ė Kudos to you for planning your workout! Have a great time with your folks. WTG on continuing to work it!

Iwanawukit Ė WELCOME!! LOL love the name! You can start when you likeÖ if you would like to log your fitness daily or weekly it doesnít matter whatever works for you! I look forward to reading your post.

KimL1214 Ė Eeek that isnít nearly enough sleep! After I get in a good swim Iím wiped out. I hope you are not coming down with something. Take care rest!

As for me Iím med free so far today.(I hate how they made me feel spacey and dazed) I did 1 mile WATPs. Iím sore but nothing I canít handle. Now at bedtime it maybe a different story. So Iíll take them if needed. I can really feel the staples pulling when Iím walking I canít wait to get them off. (Thursday) Other than that just plugging away trying to stay good and push myself to move my bum. You guys have kept me busy writing names of future workout dvds. Take care

Rayelle
03-10-2008, 07:18 PM
So far today I walked 1 mile...I am hoping to walk another 2-3 miles later on tonight.

Iwanawurkit
03-10-2008, 10:53 PM
I did 20 mins. on the eliptical, 35 mins. on the weight machines and finished up with 15 mins. on the treadmill.

Thanks for the welcome Mezster! I was sweating so much.....I didn't wear my coat when I left the gym this morning. I used to never sweat but now I get the heart rate up until I do.

I have gotten a little careless with my food choices here lately so I am trying to get back on the wagon. Have a great week everyone and I will post tomorrow. :0

luckyducky
03-10-2008, 11:38 PM
Ok, I started out this morning by doing 2miles with WATP weight loss walk ( actually, the DVD is 3 miles, but, I didn't have time for all 3). Then this evening, as I stated on another post, I joined Tae kwan do, and went for the very first time tonight. That was a killer workout!!! WOW! I hurt from sore muscles already, can't imagine what tomorrow will be like... but, the people there are so encouraging, even for someone my size, they accommodate me! It was great fun, and I think it will help me with my discipline ( badly needed, believe me!)! Plus, the horses always need feeding, and carrying hay is no picnic this winter. So I sweated my clothes off ( or wish I did, I stunk after that workout, literally!!!!).

hautbois
03-11-2008, 12:50 AM
I started a new walking program today that combines interval walks, endurance walks and strength training (6 weeks long). I haven't been consistent in my exercising lately and I hope by pushing myself to finish this (6 weeks isn't that long) that it will become more of a habit by the end.

So for today, I did 15 minutes of strength training (mostly lower body), followed by 30 minutes on the treadmill. My clothes aren't quite sliding off, but I did work up a good sweat. :)

mezmerize
03-11-2008, 09:56 AM
Rayelle Ė WTG on your walking. Do you listen to music while you walk?

Iwanawurkit Ė Nice workout! I love a good sweat!

Luckyducky Ė I really like the WATP just for that very reason you can do as many miles time allows. It makes one feel good knowing they did x amount of miles. Tae Kwan Do is a really good workout! I use to take lessons as a kid. FUN!! There was someone here that did that for fitness and lost over 100+lbs.

Hautbois Ė The walking program sounds very interesting is held by a YMCA/Other or is it a DVD? I love when I look in the mirror and my face is red with sweat!

As for me Iím going to try and do 2 miles today. (1 for sure) I managed to be pain pill free during the day. At night it was a different story. Still sleeping propped up I canít lay flat or on my side way to painful. Iím a side sleeper so this is very hard for me. I also canít wait to get some abs workouts in. Did anyone catch The Body Human last night on the discovery channel? It was extremely interesting. I know Iíll word this wrong but the basic was if you mentally train it is almost as good as actually doing it. For example if 1 person practiced a sport for 20 minutes they would greatly improve. If a person practiced a sport only in their mind they would also greatly improve. Now if a person did nothing no thought or physical practice they didnít improve. So I am going to make a point to mentally practice my abs for 20 minutes each day and see if by the time I can actually do them physically. I can do them well or even with some ease. Iím sure there is a lot more detail than what I wrote but that is my take on it.

hautbois
03-11-2008, 11:04 AM
Mez - It's a program from Prevention's website. I get their regular e-mails and they featured this program. They make some big claims (in terms of weight loss) which I don't buy, but it looked like a well-rounded, start-up program, so I decided to go with it. I'm supposed to do 20 minutes of intervals today (alternate 4 min "power" pace and 2 min moderate pace).

I do hope you feel better today. Sounds like you had a really rough night.

KimL1214
03-11-2008, 12:09 PM
So my dad goes in the hospital tomorrow, and I have a bad cold. Here's my predicament: I want to be able to see him, but know they won't let me near him as long as I am sick. I want to work out, but I know that working out temporarily weakens your immune system... what should I do??? I'm on a multi vitamin, drink green tea and have been eating an immune system boosting yogurt... I can't eat anything citrus... any other foods or drinks I could look for to give my immune system a little boost? He's going to be in for at least a week if not longer, but his health is up and down, so I want to make sure I can see him...

fiberlover
03-11-2008, 04:26 PM
Kim - get yourself well. If that means taking it easy on the workouts, so be it. Maybe a gentle walk, but you want all your energy going towards getting better.
Drink lots of fluids, and bolster your vitamin C with strawberries since you can't eat citrus.

fiberlover
03-11-2008, 04:28 PM
For my workout today - I did Cardio Overdrive. Sweating it out!

luckyducky
03-11-2008, 07:11 PM
Did all 3 miles of WATP 3 mile weightloss walk! I was really sore from last night's workout at Tae kwon do, but, after the first mile my legs didn't hurt so much (those leg muscles really got used last night!). I am on call, so I won't be able to go to Tae kwon do tonight, so I figured I should do something anyway. Hopefully have time tomorrow morning to do WATP also.

hautbois
03-11-2008, 07:14 PM
I did 25 minutes on my treadmill today - speed intervals. I definitely need to get new shoes. My shoes are pretty old and my shins did not like the faster pace!

mezmerize
03-11-2008, 07:15 PM
Hautbios Ė Thanks for the info. Iíll have to check out their site. The night is fairly ruff until the meds kick in. ;)

Kim Ė Iím sorry to hear about your father going into the hospital. If you feel real strong about seeing him ask his doctor if you can maybe go in for a bit and possibly wear a mask. (Fingers crossed they let you do that) Now for your workout. Maybe you can do some sort of light walking or what you normally do but tone it way down. If you feel this taking too much from you go to something else listen to your body. Sending many prayers to you and yours.

Fiber Ė I write my replies in word because I am the worldís worst spellerÖ Then I scrolled and see your post. LOL great advice great minds think alike. :lol:Sweating it out indeed!!! KUDOS!!!!!!

As for me I did Walk Slim 4 Mile Fast walk. To say I was sweating until my pants slid off was so true!!! LOL funny these pj pants never felt so loose. I ended rolling the waist a couple times and that worked. I did the whole 4 miles and wanted more!! Now bear in mind I only walked, jogged and did the forward kicks. I was so happily sweaty afterward. I feel proud! There was some slight pain when jogging but I pushed on. Since it was only short spurts I felt I could handle it.

Iwanawurkit
03-12-2008, 01:16 AM
No workout for me today....I worked a 13 hour day but will be hitting the gym in the morning for sure. Hang tough all my new friends!

mezmerize
03-12-2008, 09:10 AM
luckyducky -:bravo: On Walking & doing Tae kwon do. I recall the pain from those workouts!

mezmerize
03-12-2008, 09:11 AM
Iwanawurkit - 13 hours yuck! Enjoy your time off.

SwimGirl
03-12-2008, 02:34 PM
I did 20 min Turbo Jam workout, and did 20 minute Ab Jam workout yesterday!

Today I am going to do 45 minute TJ Cardio Party. And then we are going to go clean out my bf's parents garage - thats a huge workout on it's own!

-Aimee

NESunshine
03-12-2008, 02:37 PM
Hey ladies,
Sorry I've been MIA. I've had that awful flu going around and have been out of commission for close to 2 weeks now. Anyway, I'm on the mend and easing back into exercise. I worked out for about an hour last night at home...both on the elliptical and lifting some weights. Nothing to strenuous and not my usual intensity but pretty good still.
Good to be back.

fiberlover
03-12-2008, 03:23 PM
Did Hard Core Fusion today, plus I got a 20 minute walk in this morning prior to breakfast.
I think I deserve to sit on the couch tonight LOL!

KimL1214
03-12-2008, 03:35 PM
Planning on swimming after school, but my body is not really cooperating right now..! I didn't do anything yesterday to try to recover, and feel a little better today. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll feel much better and maybe be able to go see my dad. Unfortunately because of the unit he is in they would rather not give masks to any visitors who are sick and have asked that we don't try to visit if we are, so I've been pumpin the multivitamins, Vitamin C and trying to get more sleep (have yet to be successful with the last one). I feel so lazy and guilty for not working out yesterday though... maybe that will inspire me to workout everyday once I get better... hmmmmmm, that would be nice...

KimL1214
03-12-2008, 08:06 PM
So the doctor who was supposed to take Dad today, can't... so all his tests and everything are postponed for at least two weeks. That gives me time to focus on getting myself better and trying to get back on track. I fell off the wagon again tonight. I ordered a large salad, hoping it would fill me up, but I ended up getting a calzone and pigging out. I did swim after school, and my plan is to swim at least tomorrow morning and aim to try and swim tomorrow after school as well. If the temperature keeps going up and it's mid 30s tomorrow I may drive up to the school and walk around the parking lot after dinner as well. I would walk there since it's only a mile away, but our driveway is seriously a death trap for anyone that dares try to walk it.
Swimgirl~ where did you get your Turbo Jam workouts?
Mez~ I love the feeling of getting a great workout and wanting more when done, great job!

cinderpa
03-12-2008, 09:45 PM
I did just over a half hour on the treadmill. This weekend I am going to buy Dance Dance Revolution for the Wii system. You follow dance steps on a mat just like you see in the arcades. I hope it will be fun and then I can dance away the pounds. LOL

hautbois
03-13-2008, 12:12 AM
Today I did WATP - 2 miles, using hand-weights.

mezmerize
03-13-2008, 01:53 AM
My internet screwed up and what I wrote this morning isnít on here. So here we go again.

SwimGirl Ė TJ Cardio Party and cleaning a garage will be one heck of a workout!!!:cp:

NESunshine Ė I hope you feel better soon.:hug:

fiberlover Ė You sure and I think you could even put your feet up! :DKudos!!

KimL1214 Ė Sending well wishes to you. It is great that you havenít beat yourself up and instead move to something positive like taking that swim. You deserve big credit for that!!:carrot:

cinderpa Ė Welcome! I love DDR for the Wii. I will admit I stumble quiet a bit. I am laughing also some maybe I can count that as an abs workout.:dizzy: Tee hee Iíve not been able to do it for awhile but soon yup soon!

hautbois Ė I just love those WATP dvds . WTG!!:carrot:

As for me I felt so awesome this morning woke to very funny dreams I shared with DH before he went to work. Then clean house dyed my hair and my daughter drive me around to a couple places. I felt sore this morning but really think much about it since I was so busy. I managed to do one boost jog on the 4 mile fast walk and that was all. I was really hurting so I slowed it down to a fast walk. (even that wasnít so fast) I continued to walk the rest of the 4 miles with a bit of forward kicks. I was so angry at myself for not being able to ďwork itĒ like yesterday. Iím over it now. (well kinda) I have to think of the positive I actually want to and enjoyed my workouts! Huge Plus from someone that could think a hang nail was an excuse not to.;)

fiberlover
03-13-2008, 09:29 AM
Mez - don't over do it! You are still healing. Good for you to keep at the exercise. Not sure what I would be doing if I just had surgery. Probably laying on the couch watching the tube LOL!

KimL1214
03-13-2008, 02:20 PM
Planning on swimming after school and have been trying to take some extra walks throughout the school. I woke up this morning and could barely hear anything as my ears are so clogged with grossness. I can't wait to sleep in some tomorrow as I'm hoping that it will help kick this cold in the butt!

fiberlover
03-13-2008, 07:41 PM
I did the Core Rhythms work out today. I have to say, I don't care for it very much. I feel so awkward.

mezmerize
03-13-2008, 07:47 PM
Fiber - Thanks for the tip on Core Rhythms. Is this the 1st time you've tried it?
Maybe you might needs some time on it.

Kim - Sending more well wishes.

Today was Mez gets her staples out day. I did (all but one) and it didn't hurt!! I was told I can't jog. I also can't work on my abs for 1 month. This sucks. I did the 4 Mile Walk Fast Skipped the jogging but walked fast and did sweat but I wonder how long I'll get even that out of it. Fiverlover as you heard from the start I HATE to workout well you know what since I've started this thread I actully kinda love it. I mean I miss it when I'm not able to do it all. Yea I guess I can really say I LOVE TO WORKOUT!!! HA!!! I could be knocked over by a feather right now. I'm going to try and be good for a few days and I asked if I could do light jogging he said no. GRRR will see my pretty will see..

SwimGirl
03-13-2008, 08:18 PM
Mez - don't over do it! Otherwise it'll take longer to heal. I can't wait until I get to that point where I can say I love to workout - hopefully that'll happen soon for me!!

I did 40 minute Turbo Sculpt followed by 20 minute Ab Jam - it was good, I am exhausted! Now I have to find some energy to go buy new pants for work! Yesterday after I finished TJ I went and helped the bfs parents move again and walked up and down their 4 flights of stairs at LEAST 15 times, so it was a workout DAY!

-Aimee

fiberlover
03-13-2008, 08:32 PM
Fiber - Thanks for the tip on Core Rhythms. Is this the 1st time you've tried it?
Maybe you might needs some time on it.

I've had it for a while. I keep trying it, thinking I will grow to like it, and I just don't I have decided. It's different, which is nice - but not fun. I wanted it to be fun LOL!

SwimGirl
03-13-2008, 11:09 PM
fiber - what is core rhythms all about?

-Aimee

SwimGirl
03-14-2008, 03:07 AM
I went swimming for 45 minutes tonight! Kind of unexpected - but it was fun! Thats a lot of exercise for me in one day!

-Aimee

fiberlover
03-14-2008, 10:16 AM
fiber - what is core rhythms all about?

-Aimee

It's this http://corerhythms.com

Maybe you have seen the infomercials. I like latin dance music, so I thought it would be fun.

SwimGirl
03-14-2008, 01:23 PM
fiber - it really does look promising, but that doesn't mean anything! I borrowed Turbo Jam from my neighbour, even though I thought it looked lame, anyways, it turned out to be really fun!

I am pretty sore this morning from all the exercise yesterday, I need to stretch out and prepare to workout tonight! I'm going to do 45 minute Cardio Party.

-Aimee

fiberlover
03-14-2008, 04:11 PM
I did a little extra workout today.
Hi Def Sculpt and then a 2 mile WATP.

mezmerize
03-14-2008, 06:04 PM
SwimGirl Ė That ab Jam sounds like fun! OMG I bet you felt your legs after all those stairs. Kudos on swimming .

Fiberlover Ė BRAVO on going those extra miles. Tee Hee seriously your very inspiring!

My turn I walked to the 4 mile fast walk once again today. It does feel good and Iím so happy I can do at least that. My husband took me shopping spoiled me rotten. He bought me 2 perfumes one is elle ( YvesSaintLaurent) and Nina (Nina Ricci). I was having a hard time deciding which I like best . Then he walked up and bought me both. We went by a jewelry store and I seen really pretty necklace and he said would you like it. I said no. Looking in jewelry store widows is a fairly odd thing for me to do. While I do love it. I donít like to spend money on it. Iím more of a $20.00 or less jewelry girl. I think this goes back to when I was a teen and Iíd buy nice jewelry and some how it always managed to get ripped off. I use to buy it with my own money and that was back when you got paid .50 hour. Geez that was rather long winded.

SwimGirl
03-15-2008, 01:40 AM
mez - good job on the exercise! I love the Nina Ricci perfume! I work in cosmetics and get to be around perfume and makeup all the time, it's like heaven, lol.

I gotta tell yah - my legs are SO sore!! Today was a challenge working out - but I made it thru 45 minutes, phew! My inner thighs hate me right now. Just one week until I take my progress pictures, so I hope that pain means shrinking, hehe...

-Aimee

Slingnmom
03-15-2008, 01:55 AM
Today we had some decent weather so I took all of the kids out and we went for about a mile walk. It worked out well. Too bad it's going to rain and snow again in a few days. ((blech))

mezmerize
03-15-2008, 07:55 PM
Swimgirl Ė I bet itís like heaven! You get to see all the new scents and makeup come in. Kudos on the 45 min workout even with sore legs!

Slingnmom Ė I feel your pain yesterday it was sunny/warm and the snow was really melting. Today it is cloudy and cold. I bet you and the kids had a wonderful time. You made me think back to when my kids were kids little. Now my daughter is married with 2 kids and my son will be leaving for college next year. I wish I could have them back one day and do it once more.

As for me today. I am actually fighting myself not to workout. I woke and my staple was bothering me looked and seen one of the 2 stitch type bandages (they look like white tape) one side of my incision was off. (I spare other details) I cleaned it up and itís kind of gapped open. So I put some butterfly closures bandages I have on it. Iím hoping that this will bring it together and I can do a light 1 mile tomorrow. I hope all is going well for everyone this weekend.

fiberlover
03-15-2008, 08:09 PM
Hi all! Happy weekend!
I did Cardio Overdrive today. It is 45 minutes, but goes by so quick!

SwimGirl
03-16-2008, 01:00 AM
Mez - oh my goodness!! It sounds horrible - I can't handle blood though! Hope things get better soon. Keep us posted though! Yes - I can't lie working in Cosmetics is a really fun job! Today I got to make a huge basket with 100 dollars worth in products for a charity auction - with the freebe's it was probably worth 350! I haven't even gotten into all the free product I get.. its insane!

Well I did 20 minutes cardio -TJ of course, and then 20 min Ab Jam. I really wasn't into it, but I got thru it! I got interrupted a few times - my bf is going to some party Flava Flav is having, lucky guy!

-Aimee

joylove26
03-16-2008, 01:23 AM
Woo hoo, I walked 4.25 miles today. I feel really good that I was able to go that far.