General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-08-2008, 12:02 PM   #1  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Default Did anybody watch X-Weighted last night?

It aired at around 8 pm on Slice (I think). The woman, Jennifer, was a former model (she was absolutely gorgeous even with some extra pounds on) and she was determined to lose 66 lbs and return to modeling (as a plus sized model).
(Eventually, she lost about 40 lbs and got an engagement through a model agency, although the contract stipulated she had to remain a size 14.

It was an interesting episode to watch (I try to watch every single one) - I was somewhat miffed by her boyfriend who seemed to be a bit unhappy about the fact that she decided to accept the contract and not lose any more weight. But more importantly, I was quite shocked to hear that size 12 is already considered a plus size (HELLO!!!), although they did say that most plus sized models are a 14 or a 16.

It's amazing how many inches the women on the show usually shed. It is nice that they give us the measurements, as weight itself sometimes is not a good enough indicator. Jennifer was the same height as myself (5'9") and I had to laugh at how differently we were built. Her original measurements were
45.5-40-49 (if I remember correctly) while my measurements were (when I took them on Feb 1) 46-45-46 (obviously, my waist is non-existent).
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 12:42 PM   #2  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

I love this show! But I thought the boyfriend was a jerk, she was beautiful and he acted like she wasn't good enough for him. He said that he didn't want to marry her till she lost weight. I would dump that loser so fast ! no one deservs a guy like that . He should have been supportive and happy for her.
Sorry but this episode realy bugged me.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 01:52 PM   #3  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 235/194/160

Height: 5'6"

YEs... ive seen this show twice now...and YES...the boyfriend is a total jerk! She is sooo beautiful...and he expected her to be something different physically...I mean....grrrrrrr!!!!! Its not like she was so overweight there was health issues...and she needed to get down to a safe level....he was totally not marriage material...she needs to find someone to love HER...not just her body...as a conditional piece of merchandise in the relationship...The show was on this morning...thats why im steaming...

ANd yeah...i have a friend who is 5'4 and her measurments are much more hour glass than mine and she would be deemed more modelesque in the plus size world ofcourse...than myself...im built like a stump... he he...thats okay...im taller and thinner, but her body is considered more modelesque in that its curvy....not all plus size girls are "curvy"...im currently a borderline14 -16....and im definetley not curvy...just thick...thats my little term... : )
mamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:08 PM   #4  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Somehow I totally missed that he said he would not marry her until she lost weight. She deserved a better partner. Who did he think HE was, Robert Redford?
And she was so ready to marry him!

Last edited by Tomato; 03-08-2008 at 07:10 PM.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

I totally agree that he was a jerk. I missed the part about him saying he wouldn't marry her till she lost weight. I couldn't believe it when he blew-up the novel cover she was on and tacked it to the wall. That to me is just demeaning and down right rude! I would have kicked his *** to the curb a long time ago....
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote