Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-08-2008, 10:45 AM   #1  
this one's for life

S/C/G: 141/139/120

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy When I order delivery...

... I almost always eat too much/binge. Why do I feel entitled, in a way, to pig out when we order food? I'm also usually really hungry by the time the food gets here, so I pig out and eat really fast and end up eating my whole meal (which is usually WAY more than enough for one person). Ugh.

Like last night... we ordered indian food. I don't even want to know how many calories I consumed... and then this morning I woke up with the worst feeling in my stomach. Yuck.

I guess the only way to tackle this problem is to avoid ordering delivery altogether... but sometimes there just doesn't seem to be any other option...

anybody else have this problem?
chickennugget126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:05 AM   #2  
Keto on!

S/C/G: 256/200/180

Height: 5'6

I do. That's why I rarely eat at sit down restaurants or have pizza delivered. I can eat half a pizza in one sitting easily. At a sit down restaurant a huge plate is put in front of me and if I'm having a weak day I eat it. If I do eat out funny enough I choose a fast food place (subway, wendy's for salad) and order healthier choices and can stay in control of the amount of the food I get. It works for me.
Gela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:59 AM   #3  
Carb fiend!

S/C/G: 246/232/140

Height: 5'8"

I do to I went to an all you can eat chinese buffet the other w/e with a friend as it was close by and easier than getting my mom to cook us something at home. The trouble with those places is that you can go up as many times as you want (i only did the once though!) and there is soo much to chose from that you want a bit of everything, I certainly did! Also it was all so delicious that i really wanted to go up again but i resisted and went to the desert part instead and had a bowl of fruit salad.

I find that removing temptation is easier than trying to resist it as well. If you happen to be in that situation again maybe you could mentally divide the plate in half and decide to only eat that half. If you still feel slightly hungry after, have a big drink of water or something. Also, with indian food, the portions are HUGE!! When ever i go out with friends or family i try and organise to share what i'm having with someone else. For example when i go i usually have the rice to myself as it is less calorific and more filling and then share a korma or tikka with a friend. Another good tip is to get just the meat like chicken tikka without the masala sauce as that is the most calorific.
ldc (sorry for the essay reply!)
FakeFrowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:08 PM   #4  
On my way to a better ME!

S/C/G: 250/ticker/135

I do too! But not so much at a restaurant. I almost ALWAYS eat HALF of my meal there. Last night we ordered pizza, one of my faves...I was really good, ate 1 1/2 pieces. Fine, that's ok....then broke out the girlscout cookies. They ARE THE DEVIL! I ate almost a whole box! I too woke up feeling really nauseous and on top of that, extremely hungry! That's what happens to me when I pig out at night. My cat died yesterday morning, so I didn't work out, and I think I came down with a mild flu yesterday while standing outside trying to sell them little bugger cookies! I'm going to do my best to work out today, despite the illness. Good luck to you! Let me know if you find something that works for you!

Last edited by Rocker Chick; 03-10-2008 at 12:09 PM.
Rocker Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:20 PM   #5  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Ordering in is, for me, a surrender to all temptation. Of course, there are usually healthy choices but most times to hard to see in a haze of hunger and temptation!!
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote