South Beach Diet - Spring Forward Weekend Chat!

View Full Version : Spring Forward Weekend Chat!

cottagebythesea
03-08-2008, 07:56 AM
Happy Saturday!

So who's snowed in today? We got lots of rain, but thankfully it was too mild for the snow. More heavy rain is on the way for the rest of the day, too. We may need a rowboat!
I'm headed to Trader Joe's after breakfast and may work in a trip to the mall. I need new underwear, but want to be fitted for a bra first to make sure I'm getting the right size. What is the name of the brand you like, Schmoodle?
Monica and the girls may be out later, depending on the weather. Caite leaves tomorrow for 3 weeks in France as an exchange student. This is her second year going over there, and she's really looking forward to seeing her French friends again.
I feeling much better than yesterday, thank goodness for my strong immunity that South Beach has given me!

Barb0522
03-08-2008, 08:10 AM
Morning, cottage! I'm glad you are feeling better. It's clear here but 26 degrees. I need to leave in a few minutes to take stuff to the Cub Scout Garage Sale. I've got a carload of Brian's old books and toys as well as two weedwackers and a baby gate. I don't need that anymore! I've also got an old gas grill. No way that will go in the car but I only live a block or two from the church so I'm planning to push it there. I'll be careful crossing the 6 lane road in the dark.

Then off to the parenting workshop for the morning. Better go silence a cat. She think Brian should be up since I am up.

CyndiM
03-08-2008, 08:48 AM
It's the weekend! :coffee: It has been such a long week.

Cottage - Glad you're feeling better. So many people around here have been sick. I've gotten very cautious when I visit child care programs - don't touch much and disinfect my hands as soon as I'm back to the car. I have great immunity from years of working around children but this year is certainly putting it to the test.

Barb - Have a good day!

It's raining here. I'm so glad it's not more snow. We have a quiet weekend planned. We're off to check out exercise bikes this morning, then all cooking. cleaning. organizing this weekend.

I'm trying oatmeal for breakfast again, actually Bob's Red Mill 5 grain cereal. When I tried it early in Phase 2 it caused some late day cravings. I hope that my body is more settled now and it won't be a problem. It certainly tastes great.

Ruth - How is it up north? Sorry about the snow.

Kara - I'm trying your brownie recipe today. It will be fun to have sweet treats again (other than my single square of 84% dark chocolate)!

Daylight Savings time! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot: I'll have enough daylight after work to walk outside again.

Ruthxxx
03-08-2008, 08:53 AM
What a perky bunch of Early Chicks! Cottage, I'm glad you feel better. Barb, is it dark there? Whoops, just realized the time zone difference.

Tonight we do the clock change. Because we are in the midst of a huge snowstorm, Church has been cancelled - probably just as well because there are people who forgot the time change and make it just in time for the coffee hour! If this snow keeps up, nobody will be able to find the Church anyhow.

So....today (and probably tomorrow) will be quiet, at home days. I have food, drink and firewood so we'll be fine as long as the power doesn't go out.

Enjoy your weekend.

Ruthxxx
03-08-2008, 08:54 AM
CindyM, if you want snow, I can send you lots!

Barb0522
03-08-2008, 09:11 AM
Ruth - It was dark when I posted yet but not when I dropped the grill off at 6:30. It took about 15 minutes to push it. I forgot how heavy it was and you really can't push it, it had to be pulled which is a lot harder. I managed to work up a sweat even with the temperature. I've been back and dropped off the carload. Brian has had breakfast and we'll leave in a few minutes. I'm nervous about this parenting thing. But I'm sure they are used to couples with tension between them. And we do want the best for Brian.

Spiritmagejkt
03-08-2008, 10:01 AM
Ruth we have rain here. We're supposed to get 40-50 mm. I think NB has ice but we're getting winds tonight. I'm glad this isn't snow we'd really be buried or worse that half snow half rain stuff we usually seem to get.

Hope your power stays on. Onterio's been hit hard this winter. It's almost over though. Just a few more weeks.

I stayed on the straight and narrow first week of working. My brains feel like mush though. I'm still working on the stuff. I have to go to the floor tuesday and there is so much to remember. It's warm out today and the rain smells like spring rain and is really kinda nice. I wanted to walk today but had a good yoga work out which was probably better after sitting in class all week. I had chocolate truffles right under my nose as well as potatoe chips ( including extra hot nachos which are my favorite) and I didn't give an inch. I'm really having fun learning new things at work. I've not enjoyed nursing this much in years. They have a medical library on site which is a luxury I've never had before and I'm looking forward to browsing there. The people seem decent and the patient population is younger than I've worked with in awhile. ( under 90) which is nice. Hopefully this will help with weight loss. I don't have time to snack outside of the breaks given to us and its an active job.

Kiko
03-08-2008, 10:25 AM
Good morning!

As Barb mentioned, it is a chilly morning here in the Dallas area. We had a wacky weather week that resulted in NO days off school. :( It snows so infrequently here that there are no bad weather days built into the yearly calendar, but I would have happily made up the day in June!

Cottage I remember that Caite went last year. Are you less nervous this time around??

Barb I was sound asleep in Megan's twin bed when you were out pushing that grill! She has been climbing into bed with us sometime in the middle of the night, then she flips and flops all over the place.

Ruth I am curious to see what the attendance at church is tomorrow. I have a few livewire boys that I am sure won't be affected by the time change!

Spirit :wave: I haven't "met" you!

Me- Things here are good, just really busy. I welcome the weekends for a bit of "veg" time, although those have even been filling up with Abigail's activities. She is playing soccer this year, which she loves so far.

The eating has been out of control..... I know I have to go back to Phase 1, although I may try a Phase 2 this week as that would still be better than I have been doing. Then I can hit Phase 1 hard over spring break when I have a bit more time to cook and do it right. I am hoping that with the timw change that I will get out with the girls in the evening and walk, even for just a short bit. It all comes down to organization with me..... something that I know would make my life as a working mom run more effeciently, but that I can't seem to get a handle on!! :dizzy:

Okay, both girlies are up and hungry- gotta jet!

FluffyK
03-08-2008, 12:50 PM
Barb - I know nothing of your situation, but I think I would give him one chance for this. He did, after all ask when it was. Good luck with the parenting class.

Cottage - I always feel pretty strong when my body fights off an illness. I usually had a weak immune system, but have been on supplements for quite a while and they have helped a lot. I used to be sick through the whole winter. This year, I got the flu once and it was in February. Not so bad for me.

Spirit - it's great that you're enjoying your job. That always make life so much better.

Me: Was up again on the scale today, but I'm not worried at this point. 3 lbs in a week is still great. I need to exercise today, that's for sure. I can't do coffee with artificial sweetener, and coffee is my one little splurge. I tried it this morning with a little *gasp* real sugar and I'll see how it goes. I made sure to have it WITH breakfast (eggs & ricotta waffle) so that might hopefully help it out. If it doesn't go well, I'll just have to cut it out entirely. :sigh:

DH will be gone again all day today, helping BIL&SIL move. So, just another day to me but with more kids. Cleaning, laundry, cooking... yay.

tomandkara
03-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Krystal, have you tried agave nectar? It's the consistancy of honey, has a sweet taste, and is very low on the GI index so it doesn't spike your blood sugar. I have become a recent convert, since we didn't have any in Korea, but I'm planning on ordering it if it's not in Germany. It's great!

Cyndi, good luck finding a bike! Enjoy the brownies - this recipe is sure a keeper! I'm going to try some with either dried cranberries or peanut butter next. I haven't decided yet. :T

Ruth, hope you don't get buried in the snow.

Linda, too bad we didn't go to the same Trader Joe's today! I ran in for a couple things late morning!

Barbara, good luck on the parenting class! I can't believe you dragged that grill - what a woman!!!

Kiko...hey! Good to see you around!!!!

Jen, glad you're enjoying your job!

We got the internet problem fixed - thank goodness!!! I don't know what I'd do without the internet! I talked to Tom this morning. He was getting ready for bed and had less than twelve hours before he had to get on the bus to get to the airport in Seoul! I am so excited to see him - I seriously have to stop myself from buying a ticket out to California to see him a couple days sooner!

My eating is going so well. I am revving up my motivation to stay on track through all of the crazy family celebrations when Tom's back. It's going to be quite a trial! I do need some advice, Linda, on lunches at Cracker Barrel. They serve breakfast all day, right? I might just get oatmeal. I love oatmeal!

Off to get a sip of water.

Kara

cottagebythesea
03-08-2008, 02:10 PM
Kara, I think CB serves breakfast all day, I'm not sure. I've never had lunch or supper there, so I'm afraid I can't help you out in that department. Sorry. :( I can just feel your excitement over the internet regarding Tom's homecoming! What's to stop you from meeting him in California? ;)

tomandkara
03-08-2008, 02:23 PM
Three kids and a couple hundred dollars...

Kara

Schmoodle
03-08-2008, 03:06 PM
cottage, the one I ended up buying was Wacoal (weird name). Then I ended up finding another one at Lane Bryant that I liked, so now I have two that don't drive me crazy. Just wanted to pop in and answer your question in case you go shopping. I'll be back to chat more later chicks, I've got tons of things I need to accomplish today!

Schmoodle
03-08-2008, 03:09 PM
Kara, I had lunch at Cracker Barrel not long ago. I was trying to remember if they have anything vegetarian. They have a beans and greens combo, which is what I had and it was very yummy... But now that I think of it, I would bet one or both is seasoned with ham. They did have breakfast all day, and they did have some SB friendly lunch and dinner stuff, but all I can think of had meat. Maybe an omelet is your best bet.

cottagebythesea
03-08-2008, 03:13 PM
Three kids and a couple hundred dollars...

Kara

Hmmmm, I could keep the kids for you, but you'd have to come up with the money for the plane ticket. :)

I got called away and had to cut my reply to you short, sorry! For breakfast at Cracker Barrel, I sometimes get the ww French Toast and top it with bananas, pecans and SF syrup. I always top my oatmeal with bananas, pecans and SF syrup, too. :drool: They will also make an omelette for you, although it's not on the menu. I think they do a pretty good job offering healthier choices such as skim milk, ww bread, SF syrup and Eggbeaters. I'll have to check out their lunch and dinner selections to see what healthy options they may have to offer. :chin:

FluffyK
03-08-2008, 03:22 PM
Kara - I hadn't heard of it until your post on the brownies. I'll look in the nature food store when I go again. Is it Phase1 acceptable? Well, I guess it's better than my sugar in coffee!

I pulled up Cracker Barrel's menu online. Here's their low carb menu http://www.crackerbarrel.com/menu-breakfastlowcarb.cfm?doc_id=893 (not sure if it will come through or not, but I just did a search for cracker barrel restaurant menu).

I love their collard greens, they are yummy! Oh, didn't realize you were veg... the collard greens have bacon or ham in them.

cottagebythesea
03-08-2008, 03:23 PM
cottage, the one I ended up buying was Wacoal (weird name). Then I ended up finding another one at Lane Bryant that I liked, so now I have two that don't drive me crazy. Just wanted to pop in and answer your question in case you go shopping. I'll be back to chat more later chicks, I've got tons of things I need to accomplish today!

Thanks, Schmoodle! I decided to wait til next week to go shopping, so now I'll know what to look for. I'll do a google search on the Wacoal bras to see what stores around me carry them.

:lol: Jake just yelled from the kitchen, "Ewww, is that what we're having for supper?!!!" He saw my pan full of roasted butternut squash, brussel sprouts and walnuts that I just took out of the oven. Lucky for him, I have a crockpot of chili going, too. :dizzy:

little chick
03-08-2008, 04:31 PM
Afternoon chicks. Things have been crazy around here. Meg went to the Dr on wed and thursday went for her xrays. The Tech there told dh and meg that she is far to young to be having that much pain and in that area. She is really freaked out and I am too but trying not to let her know. We go back to the Dr's on the 25th for the results if they show nothing then she has a cat scan and a bone scan. So I am dealing with that and still all this mother crap with dance, that will be looked after at the monday night meeting. Plus I am still working on our mini trade show called "its a girl thing" we have 31 tables so far and waiting for replys on about 6 more. So life has been pretty consumed right now. Our weather is so so, we had some rain this morning but they are calling for lots more later tonight and possibly some snow/rain tomorrow.
Eating has been terrible but I am going to get back to ph 2 tomorrow. No more excuses. Other than that my life is dull. :lol:
Hope you all have a great week end. I will try to pop back in later on. I think I am going to curl up and start reading my new book I bought thursday. The one from Oprah's book club. The new world or what ever it is called.

Kiko
03-08-2008, 04:55 PM
LC Sounds like you and I are in the same eating boat. I am determined to get back on plan!

Kara Good to see you too! Are you in New Jersey until you all are sent to Germany?

Barb I missed the part of your post that you and Robert were going to the parenting class together. I am thinking of you. :hug:

So far, so good today....... off to do laundry. I am also making a pot of chili, Fireside Sausage soup, and a big salad to have on hand for the week.

JessieW
03-08-2008, 05:22 PM
Just stopping in even though I never post here. :)

Kara, Cracker Barrel has great oatmeal for breakfast but they don't serve it all day, only until 10. I think a lot of their veggies have meat in them, but they do have yummy baby carrots and other vegetables.

Hi to everyone...I do read over here, but since I'm not doing the SBD, I feel kind of out of place I guess. :) Baby has been very picky about what he/she will eat...Wendy's hamburgers seem to be a favorite. LOL. I am trying to eat well but the all day nausea doesn't make it easy.

Love,
Jessie

tomandkara
03-08-2008, 06:14 PM
Oh, now I am totally getting an omelet or oatmeal with pecans! Have I mentioned that I love oatmeal? And thanks for the offer to keep the kids, Linda! I'm sure I could find someone here to watch them if I really wanted to. Actually, I'm thinking about going down to Florida by myself for a weekend. I've never left the kids for that long before so it will take some convincing, but I'm thinking I might end up doing it.

Kara

tomandkara
03-08-2008, 06:19 PM
Krystal, the agave nectar is Phase 1 friendly. I've found it at Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, and Wegman's.

Kiko, we're in New Jersey until we leave for Germany, yes. But that leaving has been pushed back a couple months as Tom has a course he has to finish in Florida in between leaving Korea and arriving in Germany. So the family's stuck with us for awhile. ;)

Jessie, I'm sorry you're having yucky tummies. When I was pregnant with Kadyn I couldn't eat anything before noon, and then I had to have a cup of tea and a little meal or I'd set it all off again. It was another small meal at dinner time, too, or else I'd be up with heartburn all night. She still popped out fine, and I only gained 19 pounds! I tried to get the most nutritional bang for my buck with every bite since I wasn't getting down too many of them!

LC, I hope you get lost in your book! We'll be praying for Meg.

Kara

Schmoodle
03-08-2008, 06:23 PM
Hi chicks, busy day today but I have accomplished a lot. Did grocery shopping, a lot of cleaning and some other stuff. What I HAVEN'T done yet is any exercise, but I did work up a sweat mopping and lugging that vacuum around. I am pooped, so not too motivated. I may try to do one of the yoga DVDs I got as a compromise.
Now, don't throw anything at me chicks, but I think I am a little burned out on the Taco Bake, so I am doing an experiment for dinner - Italian "Taco" Bake. It's smelling really good, so if it's a winner, I'll post it. It got me to thinking, why not a Greek one with feta and chickpea? Or an American, with baked beans and barbeque sauce?
DS came home from horseback riding very excited as they asked if he'd like to be an instructor's aide. He's so cute and proud of himself. He's a really good kid and works very hard, but doesn't seem to excel naturally at many things, so doesn't usually get a lot of recognition for his efforts (except from us), so this is a big deal to him!
We are getting rid of him for the night to a friend's house, but getting one of DD's friends over to spend the night. It's a girl who hasn't even been here to play yet, so I hope all goes well. I usually like them to have the friends over to play first and get to know us, and also I can see if they're too wild! This girl is very nice, i'm sure she won't be a problem.
Jessie, why on earth would you feel out of place around here? I hope you will keep coming by, we want to know how you and that baby are getting along!
Barb, I hope the parenting thing turns out to be helpful to you and mostly to DH. I'm sure he can use the help. Maybe they can get him to see it will only hurt Brian if he acts like a jerk.
Spirit, I'm glad the job is getting off to a great start.
Great to read you Kiko! Glad to hear all is going well.
Fluffy, 3 lbs. is fabulous! I'm hoping I can call it a lb. this week, the scale is still making up it's mind. I did pretty good with food, but traveling and eating out more always seem to stall me some.
cottage, it must be chili weekend! I plan to make a pot tomorrow.
lc, poor Megs, hope it is something they can fix quickly so she doesn't have to hurt! Enjoy your quiet time with your book...
ruth, let us know if you need someone to come and dig you out!

I am printing off the FAQs and my favorite recipes. Suddenly I'm the South Beach Guru around here. I've got a neighbor, my dad, and 2 Girl Scout troop leaders that all want to do SB and are asking for help. Some are willing to read the book, some don't care to (bad dad!). It's funny, if you've managed to lose some weight, when the spring starts to roll around everybody wants to know how. I'm sure it's the same for all you chicks!

FluffyK
03-08-2008, 07:40 PM
Kiko - I think you just solved my dinner dilemma. CHILI!!! My DH makes some awesome chili. Does SF sweetener work to cut the acidity in tomotoes like regular sugar does? Hope so.

Jessie - UGH! I don't miss being pregnant. Four times of that first trimester took years off of my life, I think. I couldn't eat AT ALL all day, and I felt like puking the whole three months. (Never did) I was exhausted and couldn't get out of bed - so glad that is behind me. You have my prayers...

Kara - OH! We have Wegmans. I'll look there. You are SO CLOSE to your goal weight, aren't you excited?

Schmoodle - thanks for putting my motivation back in place. At first, I set a goal of 5 lbs in March, but then the pounds starting coming off faster, and I readjusted my greedy mind to wanting 4 lbs in the first week! When my scale went back up today, I was feeling DOWN. Now you've reminded me that 5lbs this first month is good, and the 3 I've lost so far are right on. It's great that you're becoming a role model.

ME - well, I didn't get in any OFFICIAL exercise, but I cranked up the tunes while I folded laundry after laundry after laundry at the kitchen table, and did my own version of WATP. My legs are sore and required stretching, so I gather it was good enough for something. Now off to make that chili!

Tomorrow I'll be wearing my dress boots for the first time in a week. I wonder if 3 lbs is enough to notice the difference in them? I wonder at what weight my NSV will come and I can zip them up without fear of fat zippage?

Schmoodle
03-08-2008, 08:25 PM
Hee fluff, a fat zippage NSV, that's funny. I'll bet that'd be a first here on 3fc.

My dinner was good!
Here's what I did:
A little olive oil in the bottom of the baking dish, then cannelini beans on top. I smooshed them some with a fork, sprinkled with oregano, garlic powder, thyme, basil, and some grated Oarmesan and put in the oven, just like for taco bake.
While that was toasting, I browned some chicken Italian sausage, added green peppers, onion, garlic, artichoke hearts and sauteed. Then enough NSA spaghetti sauce to moisten. Put that on top of the beans, and top with shredded mozzarella and parmesan and back in the oven to brown.

CyndiM
03-08-2008, 09:17 PM
Schmoodle that sounds yummy. Now I've got to figure out a way to make it here :)

Tonight was a perfect example of what happens to recipes in my house. I made mushroom chickpea curry for dinner. It was ready but Julie needed another 10 minutes to finish her workout. I checked the seasoning, was bored, and tossed in half a package of spinach. It seemed like a good idea at the time ;)

Barb0522
03-08-2008, 09:19 PM
I am glad to have that parenting class over with. Robert verbally attacked me several times and made it very uncomfortable. All the other spouses were being very civil but not him. I did ask during a break about how they recommended handling the Arrow of Light ceremony since the cub leaders don't want him there since they are afraid he will cause trouble. Given he has assaulted me once the course instructors said the only way I could make sure of keeping him out would be to get the lawyer to modify the restraining order. That would be expensive. I talked to my den leader/committee chair and she said to try to discourage him from coming but mainly to make sure he realizes he needs to stay away from me. Since I'm an assistant den leader, I will be with Brian all the time (it's my weekend luckily) so he may come over just to be near Brian. She's going to warn the other leaders so they can watch him. He is just so unpredictable and I don't know from one moment to the next if he is going to be civil or nasty.

The garage sale for the pack went well and I did spend the afternoon there while Brian was with his Dad. Robert did ask about bringing Brian to the garage sale and I was able to discourage that.

Kiko - Richardson does have two snow days but we didn't end up needing them. Thursday when I left work in the early afternoon (near where you live) it was slushy and large ice pellets but it didn't get bad in Richardson. It sure was cold today. I'm ready for spring.

Spiritmagejkt
03-09-2008, 08:00 AM
Boy did it rain and rain last night. There is not a trace of snow on the ground now. Scallops and shrimp are on the menu today. I'll make a stirfry for hubby but I am going to have the last piece of salmon in a yummy salad. I'm debuating whether or not to go for a walk today. I have a fairly grueling week ahead as far as physcial walking goes. I think yoga might be better. It smells so good outside right now. Nice earthy spring time smell.

I had a minor episode of atrial fib last night but it resolved without having to go back to the emergency room again. Really scares the crap out of me when it starts that up. I ate some food high in potassium and it stopped the skipping though. Potassium can cause problems with arrythmias including the one I have.

I think I figured out whats going on. I really need to get off this Blood pressure medicine or change it or something. This is very frustrating. My wieght is lower now than its been in 16 years and my blood pressure is still high.

Grapefuit's low glycemic isn't it? better than bannanas or oranges?

cottagebythesea
03-09-2008, 08:31 AM
It poured all day and night here, too. And the wind gusts were just amazing! If it was snow, I think we'd have had around 3 feet!

We're getting a slow start to the day, with the time change and all, but we're getting ready to meet the gang for breakfast, then a trip to Walmart for a new clock radio for me. I had a lot of trouble getting my old one to change the time. After 23 years, I think I deserve a more modern version, don't you?

Salmon sounds good today, Spirit, maybe that's what I'll have. But I'll still have to come up with something for Jake. And I know Dustin and his family will most likely be here for dinner, too. Hmmmmm..........

I have to remember to call Caitlyn before she takes off for France today. The weather was too yucky for them to come out yesterday, so we couldn't hug her before she leaves. :( I'm not as nervous this time as I was the first time she went, but still, I'll feel better when she's back home again. I'm going to be a mess next year when she goes off to college, but we can't keep them home forever.

Jake is finally ready, so we're off for now. I'll check back in later.

Ruthxxx
03-09-2008, 09:11 AM
Help! Come up here and shovel for today's exercise. We've had 20" of snow and drifts are much deeper. It's still happening!

I had to shovel to get the deck door open for Hershey just now and she sort of fell off the deck to get to the patio because the steps were a huge drift! My lane has just been ploughed and I'll have to go out and clear walks and entryways later. (Hmmm....I wonder if the kid next door is feeling broke today.) My side and back doors cannot open because of drifts but we can always leave by the front door in an emergency. WE ARE CANADIANS! but I sure as heck need Spring.

I did place my plant order yesterday which cheered me up but I did spend the whole day loafing around in my robe, reading and relaxing, trying not to feel guilty. This morning will be a shower shortly and then loin girding for shovelling a bit. Church is cancelled because we'd never be able to get in.

A semi-snuggly day is predicted for Hersh and me.

femmecreole
03-09-2008, 09:24 AM
Happy Sunday everyone. It was too crazy around here for posting yesterday. Busy cooking for a big family dinner this evening. My daughter got here on Thursday, but spent Friday and Sat with friends and her brother in Baton Rouge. Those two used to fight like crazy when they were little and here he was so happy to see his sister and threw an oyster party for her! She is coming back here today and my sister and brother in law are coming in also. They will bring my mother back to NC with them on Tuesday. After they leave, DD and I are headed out to New Orleans to hit Magazine Street stores and spas...a girl day out...and I don't feel the least bit guilty about missing work!!

little chick
03-09-2008, 09:30 AM
Morning Chicks... I woke up early this morning with cramps and a visit from TOM, so I am just sitting here sipping tea and hoping the advil will kick in.
I do think that I will be napping this afternoon. :lol: Nothing planned for today. It looks like it is going to be another yucky day. So I think I will meal plan for the week and then start my book that I was going to start yesterday.
Spiritmagejkt It rained like crazy here late yesterday afternoon and last night. Not sure what today has in store. But it is pretty windy right now. got to love the Martimes. Like they say if you don't like the weather just wait 5 minutes.

Barb I just want to say that I think that you are an amazing woman and mother. Wow. I am not sure I could handle things as well. You deserve a big pat on the back and a big hug. Take care.

Kiko- Looks like we need to jump off the boat and swim back into the beach. Good to see you posting.

Cottage- Hope you enjoy your day. I love the Walmart. I hope Caitlyn has a wonderful time. Kids seem to have such great experiences today. Enjoy your family time.

Thanks chicks for all the well wishes for my Megan, I am sure that she is going to be fine. I will just feel better when we know what is going on.

Well I am going to go curl up and watch a little tv and enjoy the quiet house before I lose that moment.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f146/k1kasper/Holidays/TimeChange/22e306da.jpg

little chick
03-09-2008, 09:34 AM
Morning Ruth - wow that is lots of snow, we just got rain thank goodness. The sun is coming out. So maybe we are not going to get the storm they are calling for today. We will see. Take care of yourself and enjoy the day dreaming about flowers.

Cat- Morning to you as well, we were posting at the sametime. Hope you and your daughter have a great time. Maybe I will have to come for a visit after all your family leaves so you won't be lonely. Take care and enjoy the day.

Spiritmagejkt
03-09-2008, 10:25 AM
Sounds like a right healthy blizzard Ruth. I think it would tough to try to fly to Toronto today though. Maybe you should wait til it stops snowing before digging. I think your in for at least another couple of inches. At this point its not going to make much difference anyway. Looks like theyre saying 10-15cm on the weather network. This storm is just missing Halifax by about 50 miles. PEI is getting clobbered.

I'll be bummed when its hot during the summer. I hate heat. At least this year I am working in an air conditioned building. I've not had that since I came to Maine and I leave worked wiped to the point where I can barely stand. I'm going to try to talk my husband into a window air unit for the bedroom so I can sleep.

Spiritmagejkt
03-09-2008, 10:31 AM
Chick don't I know it. I used to live on an island when I was in Maine, talk about some wild winds. We're just missing the snow.

I was just in St. John a couple weeks ago btw.

little chick
03-09-2008, 11:32 AM
spirit, it is just plain windy here right now, but fredericton is still getting freezing rain. What were you doing in good ole saint john. Anything exciting. :lol:

femmecreole
03-09-2008, 12:24 PM
I've been reading about Callenetics and seeing so many good reviews of it, I decided to go ahead and order the dvd. I tried it out for the first time this morning. OMG. I really didn't "feel" anything while doing it, but after my bath..wow. It really got deep muscles..especially in my butt. Wow. As most of you know, I hate any kind of "jumpy" exercising and machines. yuck..pitooee. (I also have a rotten back) But this is great if there are any other exercise slugs out there like me.

Schmoodle
03-09-2008, 12:59 PM
Good Sunday morning chicks. I've got chili in the crockpot and laundry going. The sleepover guest just left. They slept like rocks! Didn't get up until 10:00. She can definitely come back anytime, they were no trouble. I'm going to do a little leftover cleaning, then we'll head over to pick up DS, visit my grandmother, and then take the kids swimming. Hope you all have a great day in the works.

CyndiM
03-09-2008, 01:00 PM
Uh oh, better hurry or it won't be morning anymore :) Good morning chicks!

I'm the freecycle cleaning queen today. Decided it's the right temperature to tackle the storage room, or at least start. I suspect I'll be working on it until it's too hot back there.

Ruth - Sorry about all the new snow :( At least you can snuggle with Hershey. Hope you get out soon!

Little Chick & Cat - I'm kind of liking the idea of a 3FC road trip to visit Cat!

Spirit - yes, re: grapefruit :) It's become my favorite post exercise snack.

Cottage - Have a fun shopping trip. I avoid WalMart now because I -always- came home with more than I went looking for. We have a tiny little apartment and there just isn't room to accumulate stuff. My new goal is to get rid of everything we don't use/need. I'm sick of clutter!

:wave: everyone else out there.

Have a good day.

KO
03-09-2008, 03:29 PM
Hi Ladies:
I've been to embarrased to post! my eating has been beyond bad! 3 week carb binge. DH and I went to the grocery yesterday FINALLY So I'm not doing full Ph 1 but I'm eschewing all bread grains and pasta for at least 2 weeks (with a small break on march 17th cough)
I have been working out but I just felt so fake coming here to talk while clutching a butter sandwich Detox? BRING IT ON!
Cat your lady time sounds great!
Cottage Hope you survived the crazy wind it was insane here!! My MIL lost a tempered glass table.
Ok I have the kitty screaming at me I have to go feed him!
I'll be back!

cottagebythesea
03-09-2008, 04:06 PM
Ruth, I have a nice 5 day weekend coming up, but by then hopefully your snow will have all melted. Your winter is sure going out in style this year!

Cat, it sounds like you have a wonderful week planned with your DD. Enjoy your big family dinner this evening!

LC, I've been meaning to tell you that I've had Meg in my prayers, and I'm sure she'll be just fine. I hope you have time to read and relax today, feel better soon!

Schmoodle, this must be chili weather, we had it yesterday. This time I took some roasted butternut squash and added it to the chili for some added veggie. Was it ever good! Have a good time swimming today, I hope the water is warm!

Cyndi, I bought the makens' for that Chickpea and Mushroom Curry while I was out this morning so I'll have everything on hand to make it this week. It really sounded yummy!

KO, we're glad you're back on the wagon again! Wasn't that wind something?

We saw a lot of storm damage while we were out this morning, and our neighbor's house narrowly missed being hit by a downed tree. Several areas are without power, so we were really fortunate. I have some laundry going right now, and am enjoying a cup of tea before DS's family comes for supper. They want spagetti in arrabiata sauce with hot Italian sausage, but I'm having salmon with a roasted butternut squash, brussel sprout and walnut medley. :T For dessert, I made a SBD friendly chocolate mousse that we can all enjoy guilt-free. ;)

tomandkara
03-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Schmoodle, I thought of you today and how proud you must be of your son with his horseback riding. I don't know why. I was just driving home from Wegman's and got a huge smile on my face!

Barbara, I'm sorry the parenting class didn't go well. That man needs a bonk on his noggin'. Just set us chicks on him!

Krystal, how'd you look in your boots???

Cyndi, did the spinach not do well in your curry dish? It sounds good to me! I'd eat spinach ice cream, though. I love spinach!

Jen, I'm so sorry about your heart issues! What a mess. I hope you can resolve it with a change in your blood pressure medications!

Linda, can you believe that rain and wind? Whew! I'm glad it's sunny now!

Oh, Ruth. I hope you didn't get hurt when you fell! I would've just laid there and made a snow angel!

Cat, I hope you have a wonderful time with your company!

Hey Kierie!!! Glad you're back on track! Post here any time. We all have our moments...

Well, Tom should have landed in Los Angeles about a half hour ago!!! I haven't heard from him yet, but he has to clear customs before getting on the flight to Sacramento, so he's probably standing in line somewhere. FOUR DAYS UNTIL HE GETS HOME!

Kara

tomandkara
03-09-2008, 05:54 PM
OH! I found that Z-Sweet stuff at Wegman's today so I'm going to bake me up another pan of those bean brownies this evening (ate the last one from my last batch last night) and use it in place of the flavored syrup and agave nectar. We'll see how they turn out!

Kara

CyndiM
03-09-2008, 07:08 PM
Cyndi, did the spinach not do well in your curry dish? It sounds good to me! I'd eat spinach ice cream, though. I love spinach!

Kara - I'm the same way with all greens :drool: It was good, soaked up the liquid which was fine since we didn't have any rice to go with it. It was different from some of my other curry recipes (have you seen the eggplant spinach curry recipe I posted? If you're a spinach fan check it out!) and I think it will be fun to experiment with other veggies.

I still didn't get to the brownies! I got distracted by the horrific storage room. I have all the ingredients though so will make them soon.

How many hours until Tom walks through the door? :)

JessieW
03-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Hey ladies. Thanks for letting me know it's OK to hang out here. Honestly some days thinking of food makes me ill so it's better for me to skim through those parts... :)

But I do love you all and miss the chatter when I am not here.

FluffyK
03-09-2008, 09:49 PM
Barb - it sounds like there's only one way to handle the arrow of light then. Hope it works out.

Spirit - I sure wish I could smell spring. WE got DUMPED on with snow last night. About 15-18" overnight. :eek:

Cat - it's great to find an exercise program that works for you.

KO - Hello, we haven't met yet. I was just in the store and saw the corned beef and wondered what I'd do for St. Patty's day. I'll just be ending my phase1, so maybe I"ll splurge a little that day.

Kara - Well, my boots always LOOK good, they don't always FEEL good. Today I'm thinking they zipped up a little easier - I didn't have to shove as much of my calf in as usual. I'm gettin' there! Awesome on the countdown to Tom! What's Z-Sweet?

Cyndi - I don't think I've ever eaten curry. Every time I see the spice, it's so darned expensive, I keep on walking....

ME: Well, it was an interesting START with all that snow. DH got stranded halfway up the road, so had to walk the rest of the way. He got into the driveway and the plow went by. Of course, he buried the car in the process. We were LATE big-time getting to the baptism, but people around here understand snow storms, so no turmoil. I WAS A GOOD GIRL!!! I ate the cauliflower, broccoli and some cheese off the snack platter, then at lunch I had the shaved roast beef (was supposed to go on a sandwich, but I ate it plain) and some of the mixed greens salad they served. I at NO BREAD and NO DESSERTS. I was there for HOURS and didn't slip. I came home, had some chili, went to choir and then I didn't even snitch the desserts when I was standing right by the table. This is momentous!

I MUST exercise tomorrow. :yes: Somebody make sure I do? Please!

Gotta go - it's a long day already, and losing that hour was tough. I need sleep now. Good night.

tomandkara
03-09-2008, 10:37 PM
Cyndi, I did NOT see the eggplant spinach dish. But I WILL check it out soon! I happen to have eggplant and spinach in the house right this second! Tom should be in California, although I haven't heard from him yet. Thanks for asking! :lol: He won't be here until Thursday late late night.

Krystal, ZSweet is a new sweetener that's supposed to have no aftertaste. It's one of those no-calorie deals, you know? Great job on the eating today!!!

Kara