Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 03-07-2008, 10:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/223/160

Height: 5'8

Default 72 Hour Diet Pill

Hey Everyone....

I looked around for this topic but could not find it..

But has anyone tried this pill??... Did you get the results as promised??

Any information would be helpful... I think I may have a really good plan for losing some weight... And I would like to use 72 Hour for the jumpstart, so just want to make sure it worth it...

Amoracash
amoracash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 11:15 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I have yet to see a pill that 'works'. I think when evaluating pills, you need to look at the ingredients. The pill seems to be full of diuertics and stimulants. It also seems to border on the dangerous. Basically, if you are lucky, you will lose a lot of water weight as water is flushed out of your system. If you are unlucky, you may have some bad side effects.

Dandelion Root - diuretic
Juniper Berry - diuretic
Uva Ursi - another diuretic but found some interesting health concerns with it

Although considered relatively safe, side effects such as increase heart rate, irritability, insomnia, and vomiting can occur while using uva ursi.

Do not take uva ursi if you are pregnant, nursing, or have high blood pressure.

Potassium Gluconate - Now this is an interesting mix because warnings for potassium gluconate indicate DO NOT take it if you are taking diuertics. To have something in a pill full of diuretics that say not to be taken with diuertics seems quite dangerous. There are also other warnings about taking potassium gluconate.

Caffeine - stimulant

Buchu Leaves - diuretic

Ginger Root - ginger is awesome. I highly recommend ginger tea. I believe it is considered a mild stimulant.

Last edited by nelie; 03-07-2008 at 11:15 AM.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/223/160

Height: 5'8

Default It seems to work

Hey all..

I wanted to give an update as I am on my third day of the 72 hour diet pill.. I didn't have any side affects, no jittering, no increase in heart rate or anything.. I have been eating a low fat/low carb diet and noticed that I am not as hungry as I normally am during the day... I didn't weigh myself but have noticed that my clothes fit looser especially in the waist area... I am happy that this seems to be working. It just sucks that you can't use it every day... Another plus is that I am more concious of what I eat because the bottle tells you to stick to a low fat/carb diet. Its like a motivation to at least see some results.. I am thinking of adding Shapley Secrets and also the "The Flat Belly Diet". I think all these things together could give me some great results.. I love most parts of my body, but dislike my stomach/back and my inner thigh... Hopefully this works for me....
amoracash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:24 PM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

amora - you have been losing water as the pill is mostly a diuretic. You can buy cheap diuretics if you like. It'll come back when you stop the pill.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 01:02 PM   #5  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

To add to what nelie has said, you can't say the pill has worked if you're also on a low fat/low carb diet--it's more likely the DIET is what's causing the weight loss, not the pill. In addition to just mostly water weight, of course, from the overpriced-and-full-of-false-claims weight loss pill.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote