General Diet Plans and Questions - Calorie Question

View Full Version : Calorie Question

xMeaganx
03-07-2008, 08:05 AM
I've cut out all the junk that I normally eat, the problem is I am not getting nearly enough calories a day. I just tracked all that I have eated today, plus dinner and it comes out to 1230 calories, not the recommended 1700-2080 that SparkPeople suggests. I don't want to force myself to eat just because I need the calories, is this a good or bad thing?:?: I've been eating more veggies and fruits for snacks lately, instead of the chocholate and chips. I also don't know if I'm calculating things right because 1200 seems like a pretty low number. Any suggestions or answers would be a big help! Thanks!

vixjean
03-07-2008, 08:13 AM
Hi Megan, we just had this conversation with another member, and it seems like a common question, (I wish I had that problem)
I personally recomend drinking orange juice for an extra 125 calories. Some other suggestions with the link. Also, we have a forum for Calorie counting with people that have been doing this forever. They have always helped me with my questions, so join us in there too, because there is a lot of info there.
WELCOME!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135904

aphil
03-07-2008, 10:34 AM
Don't feel like you have to eat the whole 1700-1800 calories, but 1200 is a little low for your current weight. Try having your morning snack a little bit larger maybe? Have something with the fruit? Have a more substantial breakfast than Special K and fruit?