Support Groups - Weighty Issues #60: Motivating March Madness

melekalikimaka
03-07-2008, 04:58 AM
:welcome: to the :luck2you: March :lucky: edition of the Weighty Issues Thread. Fabulous February is behind us and now we find ourselves 3 months into the year. Do you need to get your motivation back? or are you on a fantastic downward curve? Let's lose those mad March pounds and get back to being our best. Maybe things aren't so easy, but we have each other to lean on.

:coach: Hey newbies out there, need some new inspiration? We're a group of wonderful women from different walks of life, spread out across the U.S.

We support :cheer2: :congrat: :cheer2: each other through the highs :high: and lows :( of every day life--it's not just about weight loss:goodscale , it's about LIFE :dunno: . If you have something to say :gossip:, need a friend or just a shoulder to cry on :cry: , just jump right in :comp: and stay awhile :cofdate: . We'll be glad to have ya.

melekalikimaka
03-07-2008, 05:09 AM
Well 6 days into March and finally a new thread! :D It's 11 pm here and I finally get a chance to pop on. We went to walk the dogs today and I see my son riding his wave board down the sidewalk. His friend is bent over and crying his eyes out. Turns out, a bigger bully kid had threatened to beat him (the friend) up and told him that he would send his dad to beat him up as well. So me and my sisters go and find the big bully kid and give him a good talking to. I asked the bully boy how old he was (he was huge--like almost as tall as me and a lot huskier) and he said 10! My draw almost dropped but I reigned it in. I asked him why if he was so much bigger than the "little" kids, why was he picking on them? He hung his head and said "they're always teasing me (like fatso)". So I told him that it wasn't right for them to be teasing him and that I would talk to them about that, but it was even more wrong for him to threaten to beat them up--and if they all couldn't play nicely together or otherwise, then they should all just go home. So that was the playground drama for today :lol:

Karen, I wish you a safe trip and pray for your dad's speedy recovery. I know how close you are to him and I'm glad you'll get to be there for him. Oh my gosh, I just noticed your temperature.... 7 degrees???? Keep warm and snuggle up w/Ginger and Sissy. I almost forgot to comment about your brother and the airplane/bus incident! What a funny/scary story! :lol:
I'm so glad no one was seriously hurt.

Cherie, the guy w/the lauhala boxes has only the 4" in stock, but is still checking his inventory because he should have the 3" somewhere if not on it's way here to Hawaii. I am waiting to see exactly what he has and how much he wants for them. I know how anxious you are to get them.... sorry, not much help I know. Would the 4" be too big for your purposes? I'll let you know as soon as I know OK?

Boy, I'm beat. I gotta get showered and to bed. You all have a great Friday.

Karen31
03-07-2008, 11:13 AM
Good Morning! I am pretty Happy this morning---- I got on the scales and I've lost 3 pounds this week!! Loving my Gazelle!! Now I'm hoping that I don't gain any weight while we are gone this next couple weeks! Hope to try to stay focused as much as possible.

Noelle, You sound so much like me when my kids were young. I would hunt the kids down that were teasing them and if that didn't work I would hunt the parents down. I remember when I was only about 10 or 11 years old my younger brother (the same with the plane/bus incident) was learning to ride his bike. He was coming down the sidewalk and lost control and went on to this guys yard. Now this guy had planted new grass seed and had a "string fence" up around it. I guess he came out of the house and started yelling at my brother to stay off the yard and made my brother cry ( he was about 5 at the time) he came home crying and told my Mom and me and before my Mom could do anything I was out the door and up the street knocking on this guys door! I screamed and yelled at him and told him my brother was just learning to ride his bike and didn't do that on purpose and to never yell at my brother like that again and if he wanted people to stay off his yard he needed to put up more than a string! Well, I guess the poor guy was in shock that this "little girl" would come up to him like that. Long story short we became good friends and I baby sat for them growing up!!

Well, I have got lots to do today to finish getting ready to leave in the morning. I'll try to check back later this afternoon. If not I will check with you all when I get the chance or after we get back.

Enjoy the day and your weekend!

PhotogirlTX
03-07-2008, 02:18 PM
Happy Friday everyone!

Karen... I hope your dad pulls through this with no complications and I hope you enjoy all the time you get to spend with him and your family..... I am so sorry he is having surgery.. but I am sure you are very excited to spend time with everyone! Please be careful on your drive.... Weather is nicer here in the midwest than where you are.. so at least you should get a break from that!

Keep us posted on your dad! We will be thinking about you!

Noelle... Hey girl.. thanks for starting the new thread.... I bet your new job is keeping you busy... we are missing you around here too!!! Thanks for checking on those boxes.. I sent you an email so hopefully you have gotten that by now.. sent it to the new email address.

I got all my paper stock yesterday for my invitations.. I'll be printing those out this weekend. We are having another open house for Alan's house.... we dropped the price by around 4% last night.. so I am going to hope this will get some more people interested... and at least give us an offer.

OK.. I am about to go meet Alan for lunch... I hope everyone has a great weekend! I'll check in later...

OHHHHH... and BTW Karen... a HUGE WTG on the weight loss! That is so awesome! You are rockin that machine! Keep it up!

melekalikimaka
03-08-2008, 12:15 PM
Happy Saturday ladies :wave: Rick and Mikey are out camping so I am free as a bird this weekend :cb:. Unfortunately I have to work today, but at least it'll be uninterrupted. Tonight I am meeting up w/my girlfriends to celebrate one of their birthdays. We are going to see a Metallica tribute band then go out for Mexican, maybe have a few margaritas or tequila shots? :lol:

I ate SO much yesterday. We had that farewell luncheon for the gal that left the company last week. Our bosses are members of a country club so that's where we went. I tried to be really selective and not eat too many rich foods because I knew I had to weigh in that night... I ended up eating some green salad and fruits, then went on to the seafood newburg (my favorite!!) and they had these deep fried scallops w/some fancy tartar sauce. I had to try one--but it wasn't all that great so I peeled off the fried part and just ate the middle. Then! I wasn't intending on having dessert but as everyone was sitting around drinking their cocktails, my co-worker and I decided to hit the dessert table. I ended up with this deep, dark chocolate torte...it was so delicious and i just cut myself a small slice, so I consider that a victory. But after work, after my sisters and I weighed in, we went to this Japanese buffet and it was $27 p/person so we ate lots... OMG I think I am still full from last night. What a pig! :ink: But I did lose 1.6 at my WI bringing me to 41 lbs lost so WOO-HOO!!!! This stressful job is working to my benefit for now. :rolleyes:

Karen, first off, CONGRATS on the weight loss. Go gazelle Go!!!! Secondly, I always knew you were a spitfire, even as a kid. I love that story about you and your neighbor. And lastly, you have a safe trip alright? I'll be thinking of you.

Cherie, I love printing my own stuff too. I am working on a design for my parents' 50th anniversary and will have to print up some invites next month. I love browsing for the paper samples. I did get your email, I will keep my eyes open for other sizes. It's funny, I came across some at WalMart, but they were all the bigger 4" ones. The 3" is a really good size so they are a bit hard to find. But don't worry, I'll get them for you...I've got to pull some strings a little harder I guess :lol:

Hi to Cal :wave: Hope you can stop in this weekend. Only a few more days til spring break right?

Everyone have a great weekend. I'll be thinking of you all. :grouphug:

PhotogirlTX
03-11-2008, 04:25 PM
Hey everyone.. I am here.. barely... I got sick again on Saturday.. and I just can't seem to beat it. Stuffy head, runny nose, sore throat.. ICK.. and to top it all off, I had an adjustment with the ortho yesterday, so my teeth hurt...

Anyway... no feeling sorry for myself... I did get on the treadmill at lunch and did 2 miles.

Noelle.. you are just rocking on the weight loss! Wow... I need to figure out what you are doing and see if it will rub off on me. I am just being so lazy and letting time just slip by.

The invites are looking good... I should have them finished by the end of the week. I'll post them once they are done!

Thanks again for searching for those boxes for me! I really do appreciated it!

Mucho Mahalos!

OK... I am ready to go home. My mouth is just not happy, and we would be better off not being at work! :-) Hannah had her retainer placed back in yesterday.. and her poor mouth is hurting too... I can take it, but it's tough for me to have to watch her being in pain.

Anyway... I just wanted to check in really quick.... I need to get back to my work! I'll talk to you all soon!

PhotogirlTX
03-12-2008, 11:14 AM
Hello Wednesday! Still sick... but working my way through the week! Alan and I sat down last night and assembled the invitations. I don't think we will actually send them out for another couple of weeks.... but here are some pictures!

I'm going back to the ortho this afternoon... the bracket they placed on my crown has come off.... and since I want my teeth to MOVE... they need to figure out another plan. I'll check in later!

PhotogirlTX
03-12-2008, 01:55 PM
My Dress is IN!!!! And I can't fit into it.... what motivation is that??????? 80 days... I can almost fit.. so I just need to get on the ball....

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb247/photogirltx/Wedding%20Invites/dress4.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb247/photogirltx/Wedding%20Invites/dress3.jpg

OMG.. my dress is HERE.

melekalikimaka
03-13-2008, 04:26 AM
Whew, finally a moment to breathe! I got through my first payroll today at work and it was a BIG TEST! I went all the way down to the wire to get it in too. I had to submit it by 12 noon (before 6 pm eastern) and I probably had less than a minute left before it transmitted. Whew!!! I missed a few little things that I know of, but nothing that can't be corrected next go 'round. OMG I know I will be stressing all over again on Friday when the checks finally come in. I hope hope hope hope hope hope hope I didn't mess up anything too badly :crossed: :( :cry: :lol: :crazy: At least I was taught how to make the manual check entries, in case I screwed up so badly than I'll have to cut 85+ manual checks :rofl:

Cherie, OMG those invites are BEAUTIFUL! So tropical and fitting! You are really talented! Your dress is gorgeous and YOU WILL fit into it girl. 80 days is time enough to get slinky enough to slide right into that dress. I guess I really need to get my butt into gear and get you those boxes. I wanna choke that guy I know. Only today he tells me he doesn't have the 3" and if he were to order them it would take 60-75 days and they would have to be made... durrrrr, tell me earlier doofus and I can look elsewhere! :rolleyes:. You need 150 right? Oh, and the beach mats? You wanted 5? Those are really easy to get. Did you want the ones with the colored ribbon-like edging on them? or the wider weave lauhala looking ones? I can get either pretty easily. You can PM me your phone # so if I find something I can call you on the spot. Were you going to cut then into something like a dinner placement size? Hmm,so many questions i know... :lol:

Karen, hope you guys made it over to MO OK. Hope dad is in good spirits and you as well. Thinking of you! :hug:

Gotta run and grab a shower then to bed. Have a great evening.

Karen31
03-13-2008, 11:27 AM
Good Morning! Just thought that I would pop in for a minute here and let you know that my Dad's surgery was postponed but he will have it tomorrow. He goes in at noon tomorrow and will stay overnight then back at home on Saturday if all goes well.

We've been looking at lots of houses back here and yesterday my Dad went driving with us. We went and looked at a house that my parents owned where I was born!! My Dad said that he paid $6,000 for it back then, now they want $70,000 for it! It would really be neat to live in the house where I was born but it is really small and OLD!!! Our realtor called here the other day and they have someone very interested in our house but it will be at least a month before they can do anything. Guess we just have to try to be patient!

Well, I just wanted to pop in for a minute and let you know what was going on here. I'll try to get back and write more later.

Have a great day!!

PhotogirlTX
03-13-2008, 01:18 PM
Hey everyone.. this is going to be short.... feeling MISERABLE.

Karen.. I'll keep you and your dad in my prayers... I hope he has a very easy surgery tomorrow. I'll keep my fingers crossed as well for your house. Hopefully these people will be serious and will make you an offer. Enjoy your stay at home.. hopefully you will be there soon for good.

Noelle.. WTG on your first payroll. I know that can be stressful! :D I ran payroll on Tuesday myself. I am sure you did a fantastic job!!!! How do you like doing that again?

As for the beach mats.. I ordered some through asianideas.com and they came in earlier this week. They are the straw kind, I didn't know there were the woven ones.. those would probably be better... (that was more of the look I was going for) however, I am going to see if these will work for me. I am going to cut them down to a 20x20 inch square... and TRY to stain them. Not sure if the straw will take the stain or now.. I don't see why it wouldn't. Anyway.. I'll let you know how that project goes. If you know of a place that even has the 2x2x2 or 2.5x2.5x2.5... those would be fine too... I'll keep checking to see if I can find someone online as well.... I'll PM you my number here in a few....

Anyway.. I am going to get off here.... I'll talk to you all soon.

PhotogirlTX
03-18-2008, 11:31 AM
Good Morning everyone! After my last post, last Thursday... I left work and went to the emergency clinic. I had a severe upper respiratory tract infection. I got some good medicine, went home.. and stayed in bed for the next three days. I am feeling MUCH better now. Still fighting it a little, but nothing like last week.

Today.... I started my day out around 4:30 AM this morning to Hannah throwing up. She isn't running a fever, but I think the combination of chili yesterday for lunch, and key lime pie for dinner (the acid in the limes and lemons) may have done a number on her stomach overnight. She hasn't had a very happy morning. She is currently at home, on the couch with the two dogs laying on her feet.. resting. Alan is still home, and says he hasn't heard a peep out of her.. so hopefully she is feeling better.

It's also a very cold and dreary day... 45 degrees and heavy rains. I would like to be curled up at home myself.

Noelle.. how are things going? When is your next weigh in?

Karen... how is your father doing? I've been thinking about you guys over the weekend. Please check in soon....

OK... I am going to start studing now, I have my PHR class tonight. It's spring break here, so our class was moved around. Talk to you guys later!

Karen31
03-18-2008, 12:27 PM
Good Morning! We got home Sunday night about 9:00 We left my brother's about 9:00 their time Sunday morning. We had a good trip and didn't hit any weather at all until we got to a little town called Fowler and then it was rain. But by the time we got to Pueblo it as down around 35 and snowing and blowing! We ended up following a snow plow from Pueblo to Colorado Springs which is about 40 miles. But I was so happy to be following him! There were accidents everywhere. When we got up to Woodland Park it was warmer and not windy or snowing! But by the time we drove the last 20 miles to our house it was snowing again.

My Dad did great! He was so confused at first because he had no memory of the surgery at all (which is the way it is supposed to be) and he had absolutely no pain afterwards. The Dr.s said it might be a little tender but he said it wasn't. My brother picked him up from the hospital on Saturday and we all met them at a diner for lunch! He was supposed to wear a sling on his left arm and not move it around to much for the day but he was so ornery and said his arm wasn't broke and he wouldn't wear the sling! But after they got back to my brother's he kind of settled down and put the sling back on and then was being "good" again! They just wanted him to take it easy for the next couple days after the surgery so he didn't pull the wires. I just talked to my sister and he stays with her during the day and they were watching "Judge Joe Brown" He loves his court shows!!

Cherie, I love your dress! It is beautiful! I know you are going to be a beautiful bride! Sure hope you get to feeling better soon and Hannah too.

Well, I need to get things going around here this morning. We need to go and get groceries. Played catch up with laundry yesterday and got suitcases unpacked. Today is warmer, yeah we are up to 30 degrees and the sun is shining!

Take care and have a good day!

Karen31
03-18-2008, 12:29 PM
Cherie, Just went back and looked at your invitations. Those are so pretty. I tried to look at them on my brothers' computer and couldn't see them very well. Just wanted to tell you that.

melekalikimaka
03-18-2008, 08:49 PM
Hello my favorite ladies :wave: I am on my lunch break and snuck away to my "other" office...what a life eh? :lol: Anyway, I am supposed to be going back to my office and finding a new computer, hopefully it's done by the time I get back! I am wishing for a new monitor too, but I won't get my hopes up too high.

Karen, I am so glad everything went smoothly for your dad. He sounds like a typical man! ;) I'm glad you had smooth travels as well, happy to have you back. :hug: I forwarded Cherie your email about the Key West wedding dress :rofl: I sent that to my bosses at work and they loved it too :rolleyes:

Cherie, I am talking w/a lady about the boxes, I am supposed to call her back in 30 minutes to find out if she has the number you need. I sent you an email about it. She said the shipping will cost about half of what the boxes cost... I'll let you know when I know, hopefully today! Sorry to hear you were under the weather, and Hannah too. Wishing you all healthy vibes :goodvibes:

OMG, I went to my WI last Friday and was down 2.2 lbs :dance: I guess consistency is key. My plan is pretty much this--from the weekend, I eat pretty much what I want IN MODERATION and then Monday thru Friday I stay OP and exercise. The past few weeks the lbs have been coming off, it might be the stress of the new job helping as well :lol:. But I am in the 170's and loving it. I am a few lbs away from my last lowest weight ...almost to the point where when I look into the mirror, I like what I see... almost. :lol: This Friday is Good Friday and I may go to a picnic in the evening. My sisters and I are too cheap to buy tickets to a show, but we can sit outside on the lawn of the Waikiki Shell and listen for free! I think the band Incubus is playing... anyway, gotta head back to work soon. Enjoy your evening!

calnative
03-20-2008, 10:38 AM
Hello Everyone,

I am sooooo enjoying my break. I have done some work around the house (cleaning out the cabinets in the garage, reorganizing both pantries, etc) of course, I have yet to tackle Ashley's room. :dizzy:
I have one more week off, then only 9 weeks of school left. I can't believe how fast this school year has gone.

In May I'm supposed to go to Washington DC. My district is taking 38 7th and 8th graders for 4 days. What a great opportunity for them. As a program leader, I'm able to go for free. Ashley is very upset because she doesn't want me to leave her (her words) for 4 days. So now I am trying to figure out a way to get sponsers for her to go. :?: We'll see what happens.

Noelle: I am so excited about your weight loss. :carrot: You are doing so well. I'm a little jealous. ;) I'm still stuck on the 9 lbs lost. I did get somewhat good news from my doctor about my knee. I don't need surgery right now; although he did tell me that if I want it he'll do it. I told him I can live with it right now. I can walk the dog again without much pain at all. I'm going to just keep doing that and some of the exercises from the therapist and see what happens. :crossed:

Karen: I'm so glad your dad is doing well. I'm still keeping him and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your house to sell. :crossed: Also, great job on the weight loss. :cb:

Cherie: I went back and looked at the invitations and your dress. The invitations were really nice; so elegant. Your dress is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!:bravo: You are going to be so gorgeous. What a beautiful bride you will be. I can't wait to see pictures of you in the dress. I'm really excited for you. :hug:

A great big hello to Angie (miss you), Dips (hope everything is going well with you :hug:), Kempy (drop in for a chat soon).

Have a great day everyone.

Cal

melekalikimaka
03-21-2008, 03:15 AM
Hello ladies :wave: I am relaxing this evening after a nice meal of baja tacos from Chili's... I know I will be bloated tomorrow from the salt :sumo: :lol: I did get to walk Lucky this evening so I hope that burned some calories. I'm not weighing in tomorrow, but will go on Saturday morning.

Hi Cal!! How exciting about the DC trip! I would love to go there one day. I have a feeling Ashley will get her way and get to go with you ;) I'm glad you don't need the knee surgery, what a relief. I hope it stays pain free too. Hey, how did your brother like his visit to Pearl Harbor? Did you get the stuff you wanted?

Cherie, I just shot you an email w/pics of the boxes I saw today. Let me know what you think of the deal. How are you guys feeling today?

Hi Karen! Happy first day of spring. Hope you got more sun today.

So what's the plan for this Easter weekend? I'm dreading all the chocolate to come :( :lol:

melekalikimaka
03-23-2008, 02:40 PM
:egg:HAPPY EASTER !!!
:bunny:
:bunny2:
:easter:
:easter2:

:easter3:

calnative
03-29-2008, 02:56 AM
Hi Everyone,
Back to school on Monday. This year has gone by so fast. There are 9 weeks left of this school year.
Noelle: My brother loved his visit to Pearl Harbor. He also went to the flea market you told me about. He said it was great, and he was able to save a lot of money. He got me some great stuff to use in class next year when we study WWII again.

Hope everyone comes back soon.

Cal

Karen31
03-29-2008, 12:05 PM
Good Morning! Well, I am up a pound this week! Darn It! But I'm not surprised since it has been so hard to get back on track and stay there since we got back from Mo. And then tonight we are celebrating our oldest grandsons birthday (missed it while we were in MO.) and he wants spaghetti and I made a cake) So tonight sure won't be on plan! But after not being able to see him in about 10 years because of a bitter break up --- I'm definitely going to enjoy it tonight!

Still no serious bites on our house but I'm tryingto be patient! I saw several people stop and pick up flyers at the end of the driveway yesterday so hoping that they call the realtor and come to see it!

Just wanted to pop in for a minute and say Hello.. Better get busy and get everything done. Take care and have a good day!

melekalikimaka
03-29-2008, 11:05 PM
Hello ladies. I've missed you this week, but between work and trying to keep up with my house....it's been a busy week. I just stopped vacuuming long enough to say a few words here but have to get back to it soon.

I missed (or well more like skipped) my weigh-in last week. I did go today though, and was up .8 of a pound. Not bad for indulging in all that easter candy and BBQ food. Maybe if I had gone to last weeks meeting I would've heard that that darn candy is the same all year long, just in different colored wrappers. Why did I let them get to me? :lol: But today is a new week ahead and I can only try again.

Karen, I don't know if I commented on your MO family pictures before but you guys are a good looking family. I love how your baby-girls Ginger and Sissy curl up all cozy wherever they are too :lol:.

Hi Cal! :wave: Michael goes back to school on Tuesday. He's been doing nothing but watching TV, playing his Gameboy or other video games and riding his Rip Stick around the neighborhood. I wish I had planned better and at least gotten him some books to read at least for some of the time. I'm suprised his brain hasn't turned to mush with all this down time just lazing around doing brainless things! Wow, I hadn't realized only 9 more weeks of school! How has Ashley enjoyed her break?

Cherie, so what's the word? Did you get in contact with the box lady? I hope things are working out for you. What are you and your little ladies doing this weekend?

Well, I've got to get back to this housework or it will never get done. Enjoy the rest of the weekend ladies!

PhotogirlTX
03-31-2008, 03:17 PM
Hi everybody! I know I've been MIA for a week... but I am here.. checking in
... last week with work was payroll processing, the Megan got sick... and then just got busy with the wedding stuff! Two months from TODAY!!! and have I lost anything? Crap no.

Noelle... I am going to call her today. I sent her an email last Friday... but I will wait til later this afternoon to see if I can get ahold of her.

Karen... how is your dad doing? Sending you good luck vibes for your house.... we are still trying here to sell his. I just know April is going to be the month!

Cal... Thank you for the calendar! The girls got to it first and opened it.... they love the pictures! :-)

Alan and his nephew Rob built me an arch yesterday.... it's pretty rustic.. I'm going to have some flowy white fabric draped through it... it's made out of trees! :-)

Last night.. we had tornado sirens going off... and from the looks of it outside.. we could be in for more today. It currently has us under a severe Thunderstorm warning.. however, it's not raining at the moment.

OK.. back to work here..... I can't believe tomorrow is going to be April.... ALREADY. yikes.

PhotogirlTX
04-01-2008, 10:50 AM
Good Morning! I did OK yesterday.... my mouth hurt all day long (and is hurting today) from my adjustment... but that should be gone by tomorrow. Eating, I didn't do stellar.... but it wasn't bad either.

I got home and did an hour on the elliptical. Yeah me. Will do that this afternoon as well, and I brought my clothes for working on the treadmill here at work during my lunch.

Noelle... I spoke with Marilou yesterday... I THINK I have 150 boxes ordered. :-) It's so hard to tell, I had a difficult time understanding her over the phone. They will be sent via ship.. so it will take about three weeks or so to get here. I'll let you know how it goes. I went with the 3x3 and 2.5 x 2.5 inch boxes.... she said the other were like 3 x 4 and I think that would have been way too big for what I am wanting to use them for. I can't wait to get them and to get started on the favors... :-) I'll post pictures next month when they are finished!

OK... it's official... I am getting married NEXT MONTH!! OMG... that is way too soon.

OK.. I need to get back to work. :-) Happy April Everyone!

Karen31
04-01-2008, 11:28 AM
Cherie, I am glad to hear from you. I was wondering about you with all the tornados that they were saying were popping up in Oklahoma! Sure hope everything is OK there where you are. I'm anxious to see your boxes when you get them. You are so talented to be able to do this kind of thing!

Noelle, good to hear from you too! Don't worry about the .8 pound---- gosh you can sneeze and get rid of that!

My Dad is doing great! They take him just about every week to Seneca to gamble with the penny slots! He loves it! He came home last week and told me he lost $2!!! He is so funy!

Still hoping that the house gets sold soon-- we've found so many really nice places that we would like to do something with but sure can't afford to have 2 houses!!

Well, I woke up feeling kind of miserable this morning like a flu bug so think I'm going to go and just take it easy today. Will get the house straight in case someone calls to see it but serious cleaning isn't in the cards today!

Take care and have a great day!

PhotogirlTX
04-02-2008, 10:30 AM
Good Morning! :-) OK... I did well yesterday, I did 2 miles at work on the treadmill during my lunch, and once I got home, I did an hour on the elliptical... had a decent day of food... so day two is over with a gold star.

Today, I am going to work on the treadmill at lunch and again with the elliptical after work. I need to work on some arm weights and pushups today as well. I did two sets of arm weights yesterday... but I need to make more of an effort to do about 10 to 15 minutes of them every day.

The tornados that happened earlier this week was an F1.. and it hit about 2 miles north of Alan's house. We are in for some more rain and severe weather today and tomorrow.. but I don't think it will have tornadoes... maybe hail...which is almost as bad.

OK.. back to work... talk to you all soon!

PhotogirlTX
04-04-2008, 11:17 AM
TGIF everyone!!! :-) I am so happy it's Friday..... ready for my weekend.

Karen.. how are you feeling? Was it the flu that you caught?

Noelle... how is work going??? Oh.. my boxes have been ordered and shipped.. they are on their way now... not sure when they will get here... but soon I am sure! Thank you sooo sooo much for helping me out with these. I REALLY appreciate it!!! You rock!

I ordered tableclothes this week, and bac bac bamboo matting for the tables. I am less than two months away from the wedding!!!!

I have been doing well with my exercise.. I've been running on the treadmill at lunchtime and doing the ellipitcal at night.... and really watching my food intake.. I'm not stepping on the scales this month, but I will first of May to see where I am. I'll try on my dress again then too. Right now, it's at my friends Jennifer's house hanging up.

Anyway.. hope everyone has a great Friday and a really nice weekend!

melekalikimaka
04-05-2008, 02:19 PM
Good morning ladies :wave: What a week. My days are so hectic that my eating has been wacko too.... not eating breakfast some mornings and then eating too much at night! :ink: I was up .2 lbs last night at my WI :(... :lol: So a whole pound gained in the last two weeks... wah :cry: :lol:. I have got to get a grip and go shopping for easy things I can grab and go with. I only have a few more months until my parents' anniversary party and I want to look as best as I can when all the family start rolling into town.

Cherie, you are very welcome for the help, and I didn't really do much except for a little calling around and inspecting :lol:. I'm sorry I didn't find Marilou sooner, she was really helpful. Anyway, keep up the great work on your exercise and eating, you WILL get into that beautiful dress. :hug: Hey, I just re-read your earlier post about the wedding arch...it made me think of that movie Meet the Fockers(?) when Owen Wilson built that elaborate wedding pavilion and Ben Stiller got all jealous? :lol:

Karen, I hope you're feeling better and the flu bug hasn't bit you too bad.

Cal, how was your first week back after spring break? Have the kids still got spring fever? :lol:

Well, I have a dental appointment, Mikey and Rick have a karate tournament which I'm not sure if I'll be going to watch... but later today I will be meeting w/my sisters to choose the paper for the anniversary invitations. We plan to go shopping then go out for Indian food :hun:. I tried to go out for a walk this morning but got rained on so I turned around. Poor dog wasn't very happy either. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great weekend.

PhotogirlTX
04-07-2008, 04:10 PM
Monday again.... This weekend went way too fast. I managed to exercise every day.... and pretty much stay on track food wise.. so that is good. Today I ran 4 miles at lunch and plan on an ellpitical session this evening before dinner. I have to really stay focused this week and do a little extra everyday... we are meeting some friends on Friday at the Melting Pot.. and you eat 10,000 calories for one meal alone.. or so it seems.

Noelle.. I am sure next WI you will be back on the losing side. You are going to look great for your parent's anniversary!

Karen.. hope you are feeling better..... my oldest daughter came home from school today because she was throwing up and running a fever... I just wish we could get past this cold and flu season once and for all.

I'll check back in later.....

PhotogirlTX
04-09-2008, 10:39 AM
Happy Wednesday Everyone! This week is going well so far... I figured out I have 7 weeks and three days til the wedding! WOW! Exactly 5 weeks til I get my braces off.... not much time to get the rest of the wedding stuff/weight finished.

Today I run payroll... I am currently waiting on the timecards and shift differential from a manager that was due on Monday. Irks me at times that they can't read the schedule that I sent them and know when things are due.... and even better.. take the next day off (yesterday) for PTO. So... hopefully he will drag his butt into the office sometime this morning and send them to me.

Exercise is going well... ran 4 miles yesterday at lunch and then last night did an hour on the ellipitical. I did about 5 to 10 minutes of arm weights yesterday afternoon.... that is going to be my program for the next 61 days! I just need to add some crunches to that.

Anyway.. just had my breakfast of strawberries and slimfast... looking at a banana in front of me.... but I will probably save that for this afternoon. I'll talk to you all later! Have a great hump day!

PhotogirlTX
04-10-2008, 11:44 AM
It's Thursday. We've been having quite a bit of rain and thunderstorms lately... however, it looks like today will be nice and rain free. Windy though.

I had to leave work early yesterday to go pick up the girls from school. The thunderstorm that was going through the area was pretty bad. We ended up needing to go back to school around 7 PM to pick up their bikes they had rode to school earlier.

I took advantage of the extra time off and did my hour on the elliptical early so that I could spend time with my honey. We made dinner and watched the biggest loser and american idol. I also got my ipod fixed and updated with music... I am running here at work at lunch time, and I am using the ipod/nike pod thing, so I needed to put all running type music on it. I can't wait to use my updated music list today!

I am actually starting to enjoy running again. As of this morning, I am down to 160.00 even. On April 1st, I was at 169.00.. but alot of that was bloat, cause I had been hovering around 163 or 164.... but I am so ready to just break out of the one sixties... it's driving me batty.

BTW.. did anyone see the biggest loser? Can you believe Ali? 11 pounds in one week on someone who has lost so much already???? What the heck did they all do that week? I told Alan, I just needed two weeks off work where all I did was work out all day and maybe I could do that too! :) She looks great... but I can't imagine how much more she can lose for the finale next week.

OK.. back to work here. It's our month end, quarter end, and year end..... and my manager is wanting to get some numbers from me this morning... so back to work I go!

Karen31
04-10-2008, 01:34 PM
Hello Girls!
Can you believe we got about 5 inhces of new snow last night and it is still snowing!!! I'm so tired of snow!! I don't know if any of you signed up for the 3FC 5K this weekend. I have never ran--- but I plan on walking it. I had thought about going on some of the trails over in Mueller State Park but I think it is just going to be to darn cold! So will just plan on the treadmill.

Cherie, Like you I'm so looking forward to getting out of the 160's!! I'm really hoping for a good weigh in this Saturday. You sure are getting lots of workout time in and I know you are going to look Fabulous!!

Noelle, How are you doing? It sounds like you have been swamped too! We met with our realtor day before yesterday and renewed our contract with her. She is changing companies and looks like this one will be a little more active with our listing. She was telling us that things around here are starting to pick up some so hopefully something good will happen soon. I don't want to have to shovel snow another Winter!

Hello Cal--- Good to hear from you.

Well, guess I'd better get busy. Hope everyone has a good day.

melekalikimaka
04-11-2008, 04:15 AM
Hey ladies, finally a spare moment to chat.....and it's almost Friday again! I have been doing pretty well with the eating, not so good with the exercise but only because I've been doing a lot of stuff after work. I'm getting to know some of the other gals at work and we went out on Wed. to celebrate a b-day over dinner. I had some seared scallops over pasta and vegetables w/a garlic butter sauce and a big green salad. I skipped dessert. Today was yet another b-day at work and I skipped the ice cream, yay! I will be weighing in tomorrow and hope to see that pound gone from last week even though I probably only exercised twice this week. I'm not crying over it though.

Cherie, ooooohhh, how exciting about your braces coming off...but even more exciting about your wedding. 7 weeks??? Do you need anything else at all from out here? Let me know if you do.

Hi Karen! Still snowing? We have had lots of rain here and the volcano on the Big Island is erupting something fierce too. Lots of wacky weather to go around. Wishing you more good luck to sell you house :hug:

...and as for you ladies wanting out of the 160's...I feel the same except I want to stay in the 170's and not hover back and forth into the 180's :lol:. I'll let you know how I do tomorrow. off to bed, got payroll tomorrow (joy, not! :lol: ).

PhotogirlTX
04-11-2008, 11:46 AM
Good Morning! and TGIF! I always love Fridays .... cause I have two days off!

Karen, I didn't know about the 3FC 5K run this weekend.. I just went and looked at it... only thing is.. I will be doing my ellpitical this weekend. I doubt that I will make it to the gym or park to run. I WILL be running today at lunch time, 4 miles... so I will be doing more than 5K.. so not that it will count, but I will be working out.

Noelle... Good Luck with your weigh in!!! I know you will do great. Right now I don't need anything else except for Alan's house to sell (Karen I know you know that feeling) so that we can PAY for the rest of the wedding!

Last night.. I had my last PHR class... after it was over, I came home and did an hour on the elliptical while watching Survivor with Alan... then we watched AI and I couldn't believe they kicked off Michael Johns. WOW... if it wasn't for that little Jason Castro guy... I would stop watching it.

Today... as I said earlier.. I am going to run 4 miles.. and do my arm weights and push ups at lunch... then tonight, I am going to have to figure out a way to keep myself sane because we are going to meet some friends at the Melting Pot. YUM. I am already thinking I should come home right after that and jump on the elliptical... but we will see. If nothing else, I will work it off this weekend by doing something extra.. I may have to go find a park and run in addition to everything else I have planned this weekend.

OK... back to work now. Only 7 more hours til I can blow this place! :D

Karen31
04-11-2008, 12:31 PM
Cherie, They have the "early bird special" category that you can enter in-- some people are already finsihed and logged it in on the results thread. Some are doing it on the treadmill, the elliptical, WATP's and just plain walking! Some are even splitting it in to the 2 days! And some are doing more than the 5K. So check them out. They also made a graphic that you can print out and do an iron on to a T-shirt! I think they are talking about making this a "monthly" deal. Kind of motivating for sure!

Noelle, good to hear from you. I was wondering about the volcano erupting over there. Has that effected where you are? Sure hope things are going good for you. I know you will get that pound off! I'm hoping for at least the 1 pound! Like you told me before every pound counts!!!

Have a great Day!

melekalikimaka
04-11-2008, 08:20 PM
Hey ladies, just taking a breather from work. I transmitted my payroll and as with every pay period I wait and worry about whether I'll have mistakes when the checks come :lol: :rolleyes: Oh well, nothing I can do in the interim so why worry?

Karen, the only effects the volcano causes over here is that our skies look like L.A. (really gray and hazy) and in the evening because of the haze, we actually get purple or pink sunset skies, it's beautiful. Although we have been getting a bunch of rain which is just letting up so not much for sunshine these past few days.

I don't know if I will do 5K this weekend, but I do know that I need to get my nails done and dye my hair and do all the laundry and maybe get my brows waxed.... so it will be a me-maintainance weekend ;) Rick is going fishing overnight and through tomorrow so I won't see him til maybe late Saturday. I hope he catches something to make it worth his time.

Cherie, what kind of place is Melting Pot? Sounds interesting. I haven't been able to watch AI this season which sucks because I really used to like that show. So far, no one has really grabbed me like season's past. I wonder whatever happened to Melinda Doolittle?

Anyway, gotta go and put my paycheck in the bank so I can have a little mad money this weekend. Have a good one :wave:

melekalikimaka
04-12-2008, 04:07 AM
OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! I lost 3.8 lbs this week.....don't know how because I only walked 2 days out of the whole week (Sun/Tues). Maybe my body needed a rest and a shake up? Anyway, i am totally stoked! :dancer: 46 lbs lost baby! :goodscale

....I did have a TON of stress this week, maybe it was all the tears I shed :?: :lol:

calnative
04-12-2008, 09:44 AM
Just a quick Hello to everyone.

Noelle: Great job on the loss!!!! We knew you could do it. This week at school was rough. We had AIMS testing (hi-stakes testing required by NCLB) and the kids were really crazy afterwards. I don't know which sounds better: only 7 1/2 more weeks of school, or only 37 school days left. Yes...I am starting to count down. I want these kids gone to high school!!!

Karen: Keeping my fingers crossed that you are able to sell soon. My brother is a realtor, and he said that this time of year is better for selling because people tend to wait to move when school's out. So they start looking now.

Cherie: When is the wedding date? I know you've said before, but my brain is fried!! You're doing great with the exercise. You'll be a ravishing bride.

Chat with everyone later. Have a great weekend.

Cal

Karen31
04-12-2008, 12:17 PM
:bravo::cb::dance: Noelle, Congrats on the weight loss!! :congrat: That has got to be such a good feeling!

I got on the scales this morning and I couldn't beleive that I hadn't lost not even a pound! BUT that makes me more determined to get on the treadmill and get the 5K done! I've never even attempetd to do a 5K or even walked that far at one time BUT I'm determined to get it done and I know I won't be breaking any records in time but I WILL FINISH!!

Anyway, just thought that I would pop in here for a minute and say HELLO! I'll get back later.

PhotogirlTX
04-14-2008, 10:45 AM
Good Monday Morning everyone!

Noelle.... WOW.. you are just rockin' along with your weight loss.. Fantastic! I am sorry to hear that your new job is causing you so much stress... that really sucks. :-( Hopefully it will be better in the next couple of months. How did your weekend go? Did you get to go out and have fun with your mini spa day?

Oh.. The Melting Pot. YUM. Its a fondue place. You can go and have an intimate table for two or one that has two or three or four places for fondue pots.... They start you out with your choice of a yummy cheese fondue... with cubes of bread, apples and celery and other veggies..... then you get your choice of a salad.. and they have some great ones. Next is the main course... we get the platter that had filet, lobster, shrimp, pork, chicken and raviolis.... that is cooked in a speciality seasoned broth of your choice. If that isn't enough.. then dessert comes.... a chocolate fondue of your choice with bananas, strawberries, pound cake, cheese cake, brownie bites and marshmellows... YUM... not to mention the bottles of wine you consume while you are there. Its great for a special night out.... takes a couple of hours for the whole dinner... but it is sooooooo yummy! I ate WAY too much... but it was worth it.

Karen... hey there.... you may not have lost, but you didn't gain, and that is always a good thing!!!! Did you do your 5K??? I never did officially go over there and join... but I did do 6 miles on the treadmill on Saturday... running and walking. The YMCA was having a Healthy Kids Expo.. and the girls were dying to go.. so we got up early and went to the Y.... I let the girls run around doing their thing.. and I got on the treadmill. So mission accomplished.. just didn't officially say I did it. :-(

Cal!!!! Hey there! How are you doing!!! Its so good to hear from you! My wedding is in 6 weeks and 5 days. Not that I am counting or anything. May 31st. I still have so much to do.

Well... this morning I was at 160.00. I think that is where I was on Friday... I did see 159.00 this weekend, and in fact, I was in the 150's all weekend long, so I was extremely excited. Today... I just think it's water and such... I am not going to let it get to me. As I said earlier, I did have a huge cheat night on Friday, but I did 6 miles on Saturday, and tried out a friend's recumbent bike for about 11 minutes Saturday night. (I would have gone longer, but dinner was ready!) Yesterday I did an hour on the elliptical in the morning, and then another hour yesterday evening.... Overall, I feel food was OK for the rest of the weekend... It will come off!

Oh... Alan bought me a new pair of running shoes Saturday afternoon.... I knew my old shoes were dead, I just didn't realize how dead they were until I started trying on new shoes... oh they feel GREAT!!! I can't wait to run today!

OK... guess it's time I need to get busy here at work. I hope everyone made it through their weekend.... :-)

Oh.. and Noelle... got the email with the firemen.... makes me wonder why I ever moved from there! :D They were pretty nice! Have you heard from Kempy lately? Or Angie for the fact? and Dips?...

OK.. now I am going to work!

PhotogirlTX
04-15-2008, 01:06 PM
Good Morning.... Well, yesterday evening, we had a lady come by to take blood and vitals for our insurance. I only thought that she was taking blood, so I was on the ellpitical when she arrived. I didn't know my blood pressure and heartrate would be checked.. so both were a little high... 114/80 I think and 80 HR. Oh well. She took blood too... and that sucked.. but it's over with. I only managed to do 45 minutes of the ellpitical... I had planned on finishing it.. but never did. Afterwards, since it was so late, we decided to go out to eat with the girls.. and of course, me feeling like I did, picked mexican. Not good when you are on a diet... but it was good.

So.. my weight is the same this morning. 160.00.

I am about to go to lunch and run my 4 miles, so that will make me feel better. Tonight is girl scouts, so I should be able to get my full hour on the ellpitical before I have to take the girls.

The Biggest Loser Finale is on tonight too.. however, I can't watch it. Alan won't be home, and he wants to watch it with me, so I guess I'll find out tomorrow evening who wins. (I could always sneak and watch it.. then watch it again tomorrow! :D )

OK... I need to get off here... time to prepare for my run!

Karen31
04-15-2008, 05:20 PM
Hello Ladies,
I did do the 5K--- walking on the treadmill. And it is really funny that since I got started I have done it everyday since!!! I am not concentrating on how long it is taking me right now but just getting 3 miles in each day. I think once that becomes easier to do then I'll try to get it done faster. I saw that EZmoney has set up another 5K for Memorial weekend and I signed up for that one too. Maybe I will be in better shape and can get it done fasted this time.

Sounds like everyone is staying pretty busy. Cherie, I weighed this morning and it was 161 so I'm hoping to hit 160 by the end of the week or less!

Noelle, Sure hope things are settling down for you at work. You are doing fantastic on your weight loss. 3.8 pounds in a week is really great!

Well, just wanted to pop in for a minute. Everyone have a great day!

melekalikimaka
04-15-2008, 08:50 PM
Hello ladies, just a quickie.... i had to escape from my office since it was yet another April birthday and I picked up a dobash cake and some hagen das ice cream for them. I lit the candle, we sang the song and then I let them serve themselves :lol:. I did get a pretty good walk in yesterday and it sure felt good. I don't know what this evening will bring, we may go out for a drink with the girls from work, but I would really rather go out and exercise.

Go Karen, go Karen! :dancer:

Cherie, I hate any bloodwork...don't much like the vampires that do it either :lol:

Anyway, I just wanted to say hey and hope that you are all enjoying your Tuesday.

PhotogirlTX
04-16-2008, 03:00 PM
Hey everyone! Happy Hump Day!!!

Karen.. WTG on the 5K... and for continuing to do it! That is great... it does get easier and you do get faster!!!

Noelle... I understand the birthday thing.. thankfully, they celebrate birthdays once a month here.. usually with cake. And since I am not a big cake person... I can always avoid it. Now when they bring ice cream bars.. that is another thing...

I just got finished with my lunchtime run.... since I got new shoes over the weekend, the run has become a little easier.

I still haven't gotten to see last night's biggest loser finale.. but hopefully tonight I can watch it with Alan. He had practice last night with his band buddies.. and I had to take the girls to scouts.. so we just dvr'ed it...

Anyway... I hope everyone is doing GREAT! :-)

Oh.. I think my scale moved a "little" in the downward direction this morning... it is still not saying 159.00.. but it is at 159.50. At least it's not 160 anymore. (But that is what I said over the weekend, and then it bounced back up). So we will see if I can hold on to it this time. I feel with all this hard work I'm doing, it should be MELTING off me. Oh well... consistancy is my key.. I still have 6 weeks and 3 days til the wedding... if I just continue to do what I am doing I am guarenteed to look better than what I look right now. It may not be much better, but it will be BETTER!

ok.. back to my PHR studying!

PhotogirlTX
04-17-2008, 11:07 AM
Well, I have hurt my achilles tendon. Seriously. Here I am, very motivated and wanting to exercise... and my achilles tendon is acting up. Last night after I did an hour on the ellpitical, I noticed it was a bit tender.... its very tender now, and hurts to the touch. I've got a brace on it as we speak, and that seems to be making it feel better.. but not by much.

I am debating if I should just take the day off.. (which a HATE to do.. I feel like I am in such a crunch time) or just power through it and hope for the best. I brought my workout clothes and running shoes to work today.... just not sure right now.

OK.. I got to see the biggest loser finale... I was watching that while I worked out on the ellpitical last night.. and finished it up as I was eating dinner. What I want to know is.. how can they work out 6 hours a week... and still lose weight and not have the injuries?????? Sigh...oh... and to add insult to my injury.... the scale was UP two pounds this morning.

Needless to say... not in a happy frame of mind today.

Thankfully, it is Thursday, and for the first time in 13 weeks, I don't have class tonight.. I get to go home and relax. Saturday sleeping in time will be here before I know it.

OK... I guess I should get back to work.

PhotogirlTX
04-17-2008, 11:14 AM
Actually, looking at diagrams.. it's not the achilles tendon, its the calcaneofibular ligament. Something like that. Its the side of the ankle that is tender... not the back. And at this point, its just Grade 1... the least possible injury... still hurts though.

melekalikimaka
04-17-2008, 12:44 PM
Good morning ladies. Just a real quick one, hope you all have a nice day.

Cherie, just wanted to mention that the upward trend on the scale is probably because your muscles are retaining water from working out so much. Just drink up all the water you can and you will have a fantastic drop on the scale. Just tough it out and don't feel discouraged, you are doing GREAT! I hope your ankle feels better soon. Don't you hate Murphy's law? It happens to me too.

Hey Karen :wave:
Hey Cal :wave:

Gotta get ready for work.

melekalikimaka
04-17-2008, 08:19 PM
Just wanted to pop on and ask if any of you had tried "Flat Out" wraps? I know Kempy used to eat them, but I just found some at Costco last night. The regular wraps are around 100 cals (so 1 WW point), but they do have a light version, but it only saves generally 10 cals from what I can see... anyway, I had a great wrap w/some hummus, brocco-sprouts and some cold cuts... These are WAY better an calories than your standard tortillas and the texture is a little thicker, but way thinner than a pita... :lol: how do you like my lunchtime conversation? :lol: This concludes my food find for the day ;)

PhotogirlTX
04-18-2008, 10:16 AM
Good Morning... and TGIF!!!

Noelle.. I haven't tried those ... but I will look for them. I made homemade hummus last weekend, and I want to make some more this weekend... and I need something healthier to eat with it than the bagel chips that are so greasy. I am thinking if I could find those, I could cut them up and toast them in the oven to make them crispy.. and use those to dip with.... I need to go to the grocery store this weekend, so I will try to see if I can find them here.

Well, I did it yesterday... I was lazy and didn't exercise any. I kept my foot bound (compression), I rested it.. last night I iced it... and I kept it elevated. Its still not 100% today... but it is feeling a little better. Last night, I kept wanting to get up on the elliptical.... the 6 weeks thing kept running through my head... so it was tough. I Do have my my clothes with me today, so I am going to go run and get it over with. I am not sure if we are doing anything tonight, so I don't know if I will get my ellipitical training in... Oh well... Oh.. and yes.. the scale is up even MORE this morning. It's really starting to bum me out. But onward and upward.

Any big plans for the weekend?

I am going to TRY to work on my living room carpet tonight or tomorrow.. it's awful.. With two kids and two dogs... well.. it's just awful. I need to start on Hannah's dress... and we also have a birthday party we need to go to tomorrow evening for a friend of ours that is turning 30.... she is a young 'en. (Its a cowboy theme, so we went last night to get a couple of shirts... with snaps! hahaha.. the shirts themselves are not too extremely bad... and I would probably wear it again.... just country is not my thing, I am more of a NorthFace or Columbia outdoors gal than Wrangler and Rockies).

OK... since I am here at work.. I guess i better get to working! Everyone have a great weekend!!!

Karen31
04-18-2008, 11:31 AM
Good Morning Ladies,
Well, I was happy to get on the scales this morning and see that I had lost 2 pounds this week! YAY!! I guess I'm going to keep up with the walking for sure! The only day I didn't walk was on Wednesday and we decided to go and get groceries in before our snow hit us! By the time we got back home and I got groceries put away I was just cold and decided to curl up with an afghan on the couch and watch TV! I know I owuld have warmed up sooner if I would have got on the treadmill or the Gazelle but guess I was feeling lazy!
Noele, I tried the flat out wraps once but I didn't like the texture of them. Maybe I'm not fixing them right or something. Put out some ideas there for fixing things with them and maybe I'll give it another shot.

Well, I'd better get busy around here. Our realtor is supposed to be coming by today so I have things to get done.

Have a Great Day and I'll check back later.

PhotogirlTX
04-22-2008, 06:36 PM
Karen... fantastic job on the weight loss! You are doing such a great job! Keep it up!!

Noelle.. how are you doing? Jobs keeping you busy?

I am OK... not doing so well on the diet front.. my foot is still giving me problems, and I am eating too much.

Nothing exciting going on right now... tonight the girls have scouts... so I am going to have dinner with Alan.

Well.. I hope everyone is doing well... check in when you can! I'll be back tomorrow!

melekalikimaka
04-23-2008, 04:37 AM
Hello ladies, I am tired and it's past my bedtime but thought I better check in. I'm not doing so well on the diet front right now.... in fact, I made an excuse on Friday not to weigh in and then proceeded to eat through the weekend :ink:. I have been exercising though, so at least that's still a positive thing. I am forcing myself to go and weigh in this Friday even though it's going to be immediately AFTER a Secretary's day luncheon :( ....

Karen, CONGRATS on your weight loss! :cp: I just know that 5K a couple times over had something to do with it! :hug:

Cherie, sorry to hear about your foot, hope it gets to feeling better soon. Gosh, I can't believe your wedding day is coming up so soon. I am getting nervous and excited for you! :lol:

Well, it's official. I am a spoiled brat! I was hinting right and left about wanting a Louis Vuitton purse for Mother's day....and Rick went out and got the exact purse I wanted :lol: I got is really early (last Friday) so I have to be content and just "be". He's off the hook for any wrongdoings for now anyway...

I gotta get to bed. Hope everyone has a GREAT hump day tomorrow. Chat later.

Karen31
04-23-2008, 08:52 PM
Noelle, I meant to tell you that I saw the picture of your new purse on myspace and I LOVE IT!!!! I meant to comment about it earlier but just haven't.

I bought a new laptop computer last Sunday and have been playing with it for the last few days. Not sure if I am going to keep it or not. I have 14 days from when I bought it to decide so have just been putting it through all kinds of stuff. My old laptop is a Windows ME and my goodness it is slow--- but still works. I usually take it with us when we go anywhere for vacation. But now I'm trying to decide if it is worth spending the money now for a new laptop OR do I want to wait until we get moved (if ever!!) and then buy a new desktop.

Cherie, I hope your foot is feeling better now. Are you escaping this bad weather that is coming your way lately? I always think about you when I see the weather and they are talking tornados.

We lowered the price on our house again and hoping that brings some people in. We have found so many back in MO. on the internet that we would love to see but just doesn't make sense until we get this one sold.

Well, I wanted to pop in and say Hello. I was pretty happy today--- I walked 3.22 miles on the treadmill in 63 minutes. Not real fast yet but getting better!

Everybody have a good evening and I'll catch you later.

melekalikimaka
04-25-2008, 12:44 PM
Good morning ladies.....TGIF!!!! We have our secretary's day luncheon today so that means a short morning at work, a free fancy lunch and drinks at the country club until they kick us out...then we can go home early :cb: Darn it though, we always seem to have these things on a Friday when I have to weigh in. Oh well, that'll keep me from going overboard :crossed:.

Karen, how are you liking the laptop? I would love to get one to replace my old desktop. Mine is 8 years old and has already had the harddrive replaced 2x. It is a dinosaur creeping toward death :lol:. I really like Windows ME, that's what I have now at home too. I think if you buy a PC or laptop before a certain date you can still get it with XP. Then everything will go Vista unless you go MAC. I haven't heard many good things about Vista yet either. Anywho... I hope you get many prospective buyers this weekend and one that will actually make an offer! Have you been watching Idol?

Hey Cherie, how's it going? Have your boxes arrived yet? What's the plan for the weekend?

I have to get ready for work. Have a great Friday ladies :grouphug:

Karen31
04-25-2008, 12:55 PM
Well, after playing with the laptop most of the week, and not doing my daily walking --- I only lost a pound this week! Anyway, I'll take that and I did decide to uninstall everything that I had put on the laptop and pack it back up to take it back this weekend. I just wasn't that impressed with it. And for what I want I think I will just keep my old ME and wait until we get settled again and buy a new desktop.

I am getting some stuff done around here this morning and I think we will take Ginger and Sissy with us when we go down to the Springs to return the laptop. That way if anyone does come to look at the house while we are gone-- they can do it "quietly"

Sissy lost 2 little teeth on top in front yesterday so I made an appointment for her to get a dental next week. I don't know when or how she lost them but she hasn't slowed down!

Everyone-- have a Great Day and will try to get back later.

melekalikimaka
04-29-2008, 01:33 AM
Hello ladies, just a quick hello here. I am trying to catch up on some end-of-month work that needs to be done for Rick's office... this weekend was alright, did some shopping for some new (smaller!) clothes and got some great deals again. I also got to chat with Carol (cal) on the phone. Her daughter Ashley was doing a report on Hawaii and she had some questions she needed answered. I hope I gave her all the correct answers! :lol: Anyway, I'm sure I'll hear about it if I did :lol:

Karen, I know exactly where your lost pound went! I found it! :dizzy: Well, I actually found it and .4 more so yes, I was up a bit.... but BIG congrats on your continuing downward trend :cp: How is your girl Sissy doing without those teeth? Are those baby teeth or did she lose them due to old age?

Cherie, how are things going for you? I know you must be getting a little stressed thinking about all that needs to be done before your big day. But you are an awesome planner so I know you will get everything squared away. How's the foot feeling?

I guess I should get back to doing my work so I can get out of here. Have a great evening. :wave:

Karen31
04-29-2008, 10:47 PM
Hello Everybody!
I took Sissy to the vet today and they cleaned her teeth and did a good exam on her. They ended up pulling 4 more teeth! Two on the bottom left and 2 on the top right. They said they were just real loose and had no idea how they had stayed so long. She won't be 4 years old until June 12 so I think a lot of this has to do with the care (or lack of) before I got her. But she is doing good tonight--- I stopped and bought a few cans of "Mighty Dog" for her. I was sure that she would be to sore to eat dry food. So she ate some of that and then slept most of the afternoon. But when 4:30 rolled around (that's the time that Tim gives them each a Milk Bone) she was ready for it and carried it around a bit then laiddown and ate it. She is on antibiotics for the next 10 days but seems to be doing fine. I think that I will go ahead and get Ginger in for a dental in the next couple weeks too. I hate for them to have trouble and not get it taken care of.
So that is pretty much how my day went. I did walk out and check to see how many house flyers were left--- out of 15 last week there are only 7 left. I sure wish that some of the people that take the flyers would come and look at the house too!! Tim says he thinks they are using them for firestarter!!!

I've got to get back to my walking!!! I hate getting off track and then trying to get back!

Well, guess I'll sit back and watch Idol and then Dancing With the Stars. Have a good evening.