Old 03-05-2008, 11:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 266/266/180

Height: 5' 9"

Default Newbie!!!

Hello Everyone
I am new to 3FC. I am starting up the WW at home because I am unable to afford the meetings right now. I was on the WW flex plan about a year ago and lost 30 lbs, of course when I slacked I basically gained it all back. I am hoping to lose about 60-70 lbs and keep it off for good!! If anyone has any advice I would be glad to hear it. I have never seen a website like this before and it looks like there is a whole lot of support and that is what I need! Thanks!

Last edited by trinette81; 03-06-2008 at 10:02 AM.
trinette81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 294/282/150

Height: 5.4

Hi trinette81,

Welcome!!! I am fairly new too. Everyone Ive run into here has been very encouraging and nice. I really love it and am sure you will too.
2thinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 10:16 PM   #3  

Thank you 2thinme I am hoping I can get the support and encouragement that I need to stay on track this time!!
Old 03-07-2008, 03:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 93.6/92.5/85

Height: 5.4

This is a great place to be. I, too, don't go to meetings I invested my $$'s into a gym membership. There is heaps of support of this site, and some very helpful people to guide you along. And I admit, I must be the biggest lurker
and really haven't got that much to say,but just reading the posts keeps me on track,
I wish you the best of luck in your journey
MaryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:31 AM   #5  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Hi thin 2 - glad you and trinette joined us! Keep up the good work girls!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 223/217/150

Height: 5'6

Hello Trinette!

I'm new to this website as well - and I'm thinking that this will be a really great place for support and information!

Good luck in all your goals!
BlueDrgnfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 11:22 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 280/266.8/140

Height: 5'7"

I'm newish to this website as well, I have been doing WW for about 2 months now. I started with the meetings, but decided to stop going and switched to WW online.

My big tip in the beginning would be to figure out how many points are in your favorite foods, the ones you always have on hand and write them down for quick reference. You will be surprised how many points are in things you thought were healthy and will start making small changes!

Also, planning my meals helps me a lot. If I know at least a few days in advance whats for dinner I don't worry about getting that "Oh my goodness my stomach is eating itself... must... get... pizza!" moments.

Good luck!
tormentated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 07:52 AM   #8  
JennyC

S/C/G: 164.5/160.5/125

Height: 5'4"

Trinette - you posted my exact story! I lost 30 lbs last year, and gained 25 back. I went completely off plan, and picked up every single bad habit from before! I can now say that in 1 1/2 years of following WW at home, I have lost 8 lbs. Hilarious!
Best of luck to all of you, and keep up the good work. We can do it!
jennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:21 PM   #9  

Thanks tormentated that is very helpful, I try to make weekly plans so I know exactly what my week is going to be like, but today I had a seminar for work and what do you do when they serve you meals and you are thinking wow that was good and then kick yourself for actually eating it. I would feel pretty stupid if I brought a sack lunch. ARgggg sometimes I wished I could lock myself in my house until I have lost the weight!!

Well tomorrow is weigh-in and I am hoping my work outs and better eating habits pay off!

Thanks Jennyc best of luck to you also.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:34 PM   #10  

I'm new too.

Started WW at home Wednesday of this week. I can't afford to go to weekly meeting because am saving money because I am getting married in October.

I want to lose as much as I can before the big day and thought I'd give WW a try.

This looks like a site with lots of support available so I will look forward to hopefully making the most of being here.
SmileyShazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 10:55 AM   #11  
On My Road To Good Health

S/C/G: 286/256/160

Height: 5'9"

Smile I am counting points and journaling at home...

I won't pay to go to meetings...so I dusted off the materials, got some updated info from a friend, and started counting points at home... Six weeks later, I have lost 13 more pounds. You can do this! Coming here is a start! Bethz
bethz is offline   Reply With Quote