Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 06:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 168/168/140

Height: 5'8

Default Alternachicks Chat - March 2008

Hi, I'm brand new here but I thought I'd be really cheeky and start the March thread, as nobody has yet. I posted an intro onto the main part of the site, but once more for luck- I'm a vegan student living in London in England, just starting my weight loss journey, hoping for success, becasue the past few weeks I've been trying different things and failing miserably, but still optimistic! My weight seems to fluctuate a fair bit- before Christmas I went back onto the birth control Pill and since then have gained at least 15 lbs, unfortunately I was on the Pill before and it increased my appetite like crazy, so hopefully going to cut down on those hefty portion sizes this month!! I feel like I'm just rambling on now! Hope everyone's well and having a good month so far (all five days of it!)
Old 03-06-2008, 05:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

hey! i'm a newbie, too and am so glad you had the cheek to start a march thread..i've just been lurking and wondering...props to you grrrl! i'm an expat in germany--so we're kinda in the same timezone. i've restarted SBD because i fell off the wagon big-time. already lost about 2.5 kilos so i am semi-stoked but also cranky (must be a side-effect from carb-withdrawal).
the pill can pack on the poundage, i had to switch birth control pills 3 times before i found just the right hormonal cocktail good luck to you and see you around
Old 03-06-2008, 08:12 AM   #3  
Mellow but Sassy

S/C/G: 280/255/160

Height: 5' 11"

Man. Midterms (and finals for a couple modules) are not fun. One more tomorrow at 7:30 am and then it's clear sailing in the Gulf of Mexico (aka spring break).

As such, I have slacked slacked slacked on exercise. I meant to go out and run yesterday, but there was a blood drive. Giving blood always makes me woozy so my lovely partner made dinner while I lounged on the couch with textbooks.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:51 PM   #4  
The Witchy Veggie

S/C/G: 297.3/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

Man, wish I could give blood, but not till after next Feb (only downside to a tattoo). I did 30 minutes on the treadmill yesterday, not without lots of breaks, and didn't go over on calories, so yay!

Zen- My next exam is right after spring break, along with a paper, so I feel for you! There's someone coming by in a few minutes to look at my sister's house, so I'm scrambling to clean for these people. Oh well, what we do for family I guess...
Old 03-06-2008, 02:04 PM   #5  
Mellow but Sassy

S/C/G: 280/255/160

Height: 5' 11"

Oh yeah, only half of my spring break is going to be full of rest. We have a case study exam, paper, and presentation due the week after spring break and then 3 more exams the week after that.

Seriously, with all these exams they give us, I don't know when they expect us to learn anything.

And I hear you on the tattoo thing. I get them so frequently that when I actually have the chance to donate blood, I try to do it as much as possible.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:05 AM   #6  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

Welcome, new people!

I'm both British and an expat - spooky, eh?

Jandaman, how are you finding the South Beach Diet so far? I'm doing Atkins, but I'm curious about the SBD.

(You other guys are just making me want another tattoo with all your tattoo talk, you know!)
Old 03-07-2008, 12:35 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

sawadeekah, broadabroad! ah, thailand brings back memories! i actually just had a massaman curry and am now dreaming of pineapple pancakes....snap out of it! sigh. phase one of SBD is so tough. two weeks of no sugar, no carbs at all. so you can see that i could never make it on atkins looks like it works pretty well for you!

ditto on the tat talk!
Old 03-07-2008, 07:33 PM   #8  
Dieting Since 1985

S/C/G: 70/69/55 kilos

Height: 163 cm

Hey! I'll jump in. I used to frequent here around 2003 or 2004 but I forgot my user name so I started a new one. It's fun to see some of the old names and plenty of new ones.

I started on SB (again) on March 1st (nothing like a new month to encourage me). I also tend to be pretty obsessive. It does work. I lost 40 pounds, but managed to regain 20 over the course of a few years.

I like to measure in kilograms so I'm glad plenty of alternachicks are familar with those!

Spring is here (in NY)! It's still soggy and grey, but the birds are all back and I woke to a robin singing outside. This all means more time outside which is my favorite place to workout.
Old 03-08-2008, 04:13 PM   #9  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hello everyone!

It's been a busy couple of weeks but I am finally back on the boards. Don"t you just hate it when work intrudes on your social life?

Nice to see a few new faces . . . welcome petitesilvousplait, jandaman and shapeshiftr!

Not much new to report at the moment. I've maintained my weight (mostly due to good eating and lots of snow shoveling) so I still have my 5 lbs lost since Jan 1 and am working on another 5 for my mini goal. I want to knock em dead at a fancy wedding I am going to in the fall so I have the until September to get my self in shape.

oh yeah . . . one great thing that happened is that I managed to get tickets to see the Police and Elvis Costello in May - Yippee!!!!

Zen -good for you for giving blood!
Old 03-08-2008, 10:03 PM   #10  
The Witchy Veggie

I know, I want another tattoo already! But I'm saving it for my ultimate goal for my 21st birthday next year -crosses fingers-
Old 03-09-2008, 10:02 AM   #11  

Good morning!

Well it snowed all night so I will be shovelling again this morning - who needs a gym membership when you can get a free workout all winter?

We had a blast with our bad movie night last night but I am recovering from a junk food overload this morning . . . need more coffee . . .

Hope you are all having a good weekend.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:09 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 172/172/145

Height: 5' 6"

With great trepidation, I stepped on the scale yesterday....ah, no gain. No loss either, but as I've not paid an ounce of attention to diet and/or exercise for weeks, I'm happy with no gain.

I have one more week at my job and then 3 weeks off. The time since I've given my notice has flown by so quickly. I still have much to finish up, but it's hard to think about that when I just skip over it to fantasize about three weeks off!

During those weeks I'll be in San Antonio for 4 days and then Los Angeles for 5 days. There will no longer be the "icy roads" excuse for not running! Plus I'll be with non-smokers, so I'll have to run in order to get away for a smoke!

I start my new job April 7. I really don't think there's much point in trying to diet up until then. I'm just trying not to pig out! My staff has had a party for me and the library board arranged a public reception with tons of food and then a dinner party etc. My standard speech is "what is it about my leaving that makes people want to celebrate?"

Enjoy March!

Last edited by Heidijn; 03-09-2008 at 10:09 AM.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:33 PM   #13  

Hi Everyone!

I'm new here, and I've already posted on the Alternachick bios but I haven't introduced my self here!

I'm Tabitha, and I'm 19! That's about it! :P

gaia2094 - Once I lose all of this weight, I want to get a tattoo too. It'll be my first!
Old 03-10-2008, 01:01 PM   #14  

Welcome Hoopla!

Heidijn - I find it is hard to work through those last weeks when you know you are moving on. Congratulations on the new job!
Old 03-10-2008, 07:42 PM   #15  
The Witchy Veggie

Hoopla- Tattoos are awesome! I'm trying hard not to give in and take out my measly savings for another small one. Love the avatar, <3 magic mushrooms! Err... not the illegal tripping-out kind... wait, would that make Mario a druggie? Hmmm....
Closed Thread