Weight Loss Support - Beach Bound Bikini Babes #2

View Full Version : Beach Bound Bikini Babes #2

Gracenote
02-20-2002, 11:35 AM
Hello! We're a group of beautiful babes getting an early start on the beach bodies we've always wanted! We all have places we're planning (or hoping) to visit this summer and want to look our best in our bathing suits and sun dresses by eating healthy and exercising daily. As a team, the Beach Bound Bikini Babes encourage healthy weight loss with a positive, supportive energy. We weigh in every Thursday to keep ourselves accountable...

...So Come on and Join us!!

Gracenote
02-20-2002, 12:19 PM
I hope you all found your way over here! Come on and post, even if it's a one liner. We want to get ourselves on the mailing list so we can be notified of updates.

Well ladies, I did pretty good yesterday (if I do say so myself)... I've started counting WW points again. I had 11 points left for dinner, and we had to eat out since we had no time, so I had a 6" Subway Club (no cheese, no mayo... 5 points) and for dessert 3/4 of a McDonald's (low-fat yogurt) cone (3 points!)... Actually, I had intended to eat the entire cone seeing as I still had a couple of points to go, but just when I was about to eat the cone (my favorite part) it FELL.. Argh. It was the best part of my day and I had to drop it!! Oh well, I drank half of my husband's Starbucks Frappuccino and that finished my night. I went the next 3 or 4 hours without eating because I wanted to sleep on an empty stomach. That way my body can't store the fat, but burns it up instead.

Anyway, now that I've bored you all to death... Has anyone been keeping up with the show "24"????? All I have to say is "WOAH..." The show is SO INTENSE!! It's called "24" because the entire series takes place in one day, from 12 Midnight to 12 Midnight, and there are 24 one-hour episodes. So, in other words, if you watch the show for thirty minutes, a half an hour has passed in the lives of the characters. It's too cool, I can't handle it.

If you're interested, go to www.victoriassecret.com (http://www.victoriassecret.com) and take a look at the swim suits and pick your favorites. It's a great motivator for me. I'm liking the colorful tankinis.. I want to show my belly button, dammit. I will be Belly Button Babe!!! :s: There are also some very cute dresses on the site. (Who knew Victoria wears more than just underwear??)

Alright, enough babbling. Have a great day!!]

~Gracie

angel-eyes
02-20-2002, 02:39 PM
Hi Gracenote. I'm following your lead....do you really think its possible?...to dare to wear.....a....b-b-ikini?? I do so want to believe its possible. My only concern is life-after the kids thing. Lets just say....I'm a little hanging loose.(if you know what I mean...LOL) But I am also on ww's, and finding it very easy to follow. I have no idea why I didn't try it before, but since my move to the states - I'm making the time and effort. My leader told us about a product....(not so new, but first time she tried it) and its the "oscar myer" already cooked bacon. A little pricie but hey....3 pc of bacon for only 2 pts. Mind you the slices are very thin, but its 100% bacon and tastes GREAT!!! It microwaves for 20 sec and with a egg beaters makes for a delisciuos meal. Hope all is well with you.....British Columbia ...eh? well you sure picked a nice spot to live with your new hubby. How was your first "married valentines"?...Good to see your post. tc

Gracenote
02-20-2002, 03:13 PM
Hey buddy!! I miss ya.. and OF COURSE I think it's possible to wear a bikini!! (Say it Angel, BIKINI... It rolls off your tongue so nicely...) I've seen some nasty women wearing bikinis and I think that if I get to my goal weight by eating right, exercising, and weight training... gosh darnit... and maybe with a little tanning to hide the stretch marks, I could wear a bikini if I wanted to. Only thing I'm concerned about... dh said that I wouldn't look great in a bikini because I have a big chest. So I'm leaning towards a tankini... Plus they're a bit more modest, but not as modest as wearing a one piece (which I've worn all my life, and I'm tired of). I also wanted a naval ring but dh thinks they're gross. Wouldn't want him to think my tummy's gross!

So Angel are you gonna jump on the Beach Bound Bikini Babes Bandwagon??? I'm sure the girls here would just love you, as I do! :) :) :)

Take care,
Gracie ;)

return2tra
02-20-2002, 03:32 PM
Doing well...hope you are too! I am actually going to walk tonight! I am actually wanting to go! I am ready to do it! I am going to strap on my new sweats...and hoof it down the road!

Hope everyone is doing well! Talk with ya on Thursday!

Trace

boatingmommy
02-20-2002, 05:39 PM
;) Hello Ladies! Hope you are all having a great day!
Grace, thanks for finally making an executive decision and moving us. Glad to read your chatter! My husband, bless his little heart, is such a pervert! He loves that belly button ring...big boobs in bikinis type stuff. I would love to say that I'll get to that point one day body wise, but age wise I think I'll have to pass. He is already talking about the lingeree that I have stored away.

Well, I will check back later...phone call.

Boating

boatingmommy
02-20-2002, 09:04 PM
I.I...I'm Baaack!!Hey, no fair...no one posted in between my last chat! Oh well, I'm feeling talkative....poor you guys.
I take it that Angel and Grace already know each other. Nice to meet you Angel.:wave:
Trace, way to be committed to that excercise! I finally went back to aerobics tonight after five days of being horribly full of snot and goo. (Sounds attractive, huh?) Felt good to get moving again. I am so addicted to that Emergency Workout! I even had three year old doing it with me. She's got the moves like her mama! Boogie queen! Tee Hee!!!
Went to a conference today where they actually served an optional vegetarian platter, which consisted of fresh veggies, low-fat chips, and pickles. Pretty good stuff! My hubby has made a half-a--ed committment to losing a little middle too so cooking at home has become a little easier, too. Now, if the pounds would just cooperate and melt off like they are supposed to, it would be soooo easy!
Hey, there are some other good swimsuit sites. Swimshop swimwear has some different suits in all shapes and sizes. I'll have to check out the Victoria's Secret.
Well, chickie's...three year old calls! Have a great night! Bunny, if you read this you have to write....I miss you!!!
Wisconsin, hope you have a safe trip!

Boatingmommy

boatingmommy
02-21-2002, 09:56 AM
And the Scale says.....(imagine drumroll) 179.0 pounds. That is 2.5 pounds gone since the 7th of February. I'll take it...and more as soon as possible!
Just thought I'd weigh in. Gotta go to work!

Boating

angel-eyes
02-21-2002, 11:06 AM
Good for you Boatingmommy!!!.......yahoo!!! GOTTA LOVE THOSE DRUMROLLS!!!

I'm having a great day too, don't think I'll step on those dreaded scales yet. I have my weighin on Sat morning, and I'd hate to jinx anything. Not that I'm superstitous, but if I'm up; I'll be more likely to go off of plan and say "whats the use" I feel like I'm down though....so keep your fingers crossed.

Gracenote
02-21-2002, 11:40 AM
WOOHOO BOATING MOMMY!!!! 2.5 pounds is awesome!!

As for me, I have 2 good excuses for not losing any weight this week: The first is due to that nasty time of month that has just begun today (I normally gain anywhere from 3 to 6 pounds), and the second reason is that I lifted weights earlier this week. I'm hoping that next week will be a little different!

So, Angel eyes, I've been creating a chart for weekly weight losses on Fridays.. Would you like me to write what you lost last Saturday??

To the rest of you, Can't wait to hear about your losses!!!!

:D

~Gracie

Gennel
02-21-2002, 12:56 PM
Well I was surfing looking for a decent 2 piece that I could wear by late July. After looking and looking.looking I found one! It shows a Lime green picture but it comes in black as well! ITs not cheap either, actually the top I think is about $49 and the bottom $29 ? But IM WORTH IT and hubby willpay for it! lol Below is the link to the picture of a Bikini I'l be willing to wear. When Iwas down to my goal weight I was 36 C so I think this will look ok. I'm a hispanic lady with booty and hips so I never liked a 2 piece. But I know I deserve it! lol Anyway today I went for my hour brisk walk...while pushing a stroller with my 5 yr old in it! Because she threw up this morning, no fever or other symptoms I decided that fresh air was ok for her.. I had no idea that pushing a stroller and walking briskly was SO HARD lol. But I did it , with every step I said to myself ME! ME! ME! . Because I am doing this for ME, and ME got me this big and only ME can lose it! When we got home my 5 yr old says " Mommy your pants are all wet!" I have a hard time of sweating alot,I drink my 8 glasses of water a day too. I had dark brown denim capri's on, whenI looked in the mirror I was all wet. I know GROSS lol but I bet I burned more calories pushing that stroller today ! Also my little girl weighs about 40 lbs
That is the amount of weight I have left to lose!
Well I'll stick to weighing my self toSundays. I have 2 more days to walk and eat right. After just getting over my monthly curse I hope I am not bloated ! I dont feel I am so let's see what the scale says.
till then!
Gen

canoes
02-21-2002, 09:33 PM
Hi all,

Sounds like everyone is having a great week.

Well I didn't think I had lost anything so was very, very happy
when I got on the scales this morning and was down1 1/2 lbs
this week. Will keep up the good work. Gives me motivation
to make it threw the week end. Is going to be very busy with
2 family birthday celebrations. Should do ok if I just plan ahead.

Hope everyone is as lucky as I was.

Catch up with you soon!!

Canoes:wave:

boatingmommy
02-21-2002, 09:36 PM
Gennel...All I can say is WWWOOOOWWWW!!!That is one heck of a swim suit! What a great visual motivator that is. Go for it! Are you thinking of the lime green or the black. If you are hispanic, you can probably pull of the lime with your skin color. I, on the other hand, am pasty white woman. I do get a tan in the summer being out on our boat every weekend, but I never get what you would call dark. My body just doesn't do it. I don't burn either...I just don't get that tan. You might consider it more of a conglomeration of freckles that eventually meet to create an illusion of tanness. :dizzy:

Well, I was hope to hear from a few more people today. I hope that some of our beloved group haven't given up. I do love the company so much!

Today was good...both eating and excercizing. Was on the road all day, but had a McDonald's salad shaker (whatever bozo decided putting a salad in a cup, instead of a container you can eat out of....needs to be shot!(please disregard statement if any of you are advertising executives who came up with the idea )).:devil: Had a Subway club sans the fat for dinner. Not to bad for fast food.

Well, the chair and tv are calling my name...Pleasant dreams to all!
Boating

Gracenote
02-21-2002, 10:36 PM
Bunny... Where are you?????? :( The founder of our group!!!!!!

angel-eyes
02-21-2002, 10:36 PM
Wow....Gennell...thats a fantastic bikini!! I love it in the lime green, and maybe....one day,...(wishfull thinking) that I could wiggle into something like that. Does it come with instructions on how to get into it?...lol

Boatingmommy- Are those salad shakers at McDonalds good? I havent tried those yet since moving to NC. What I usually ordered in Canada, was a salad rollup. A foccacia tortilla wrap with lettuce,fresh veggies and cheese inside. Deliscious!!

Well today was just a glorious day.....lots of sunshine and absolutely beautiful outside. It was so nice to sit outside and read. Since moving to NC, I now have the opportunity of staying home with my children. Thats the plus side, is spending more time with them....the down side is that the fridge often calls my name all day. I can't get used to that.....so I've been really watching that, and if I need a snack I try to let it be a 0-1 pt snack or a piece of fruit. WW's is a really easy program to follow and hopefully I will do well on my weighin on Saturday. Last week was terrible as I went out for dinner Friday night. My points allowed me quite alot of leeway, but I think the sodium just did me in!! Hope everyone is having a great week so far....TGIF..YEAH!!

beachbunnyhoney
02-22-2002, 08:08 AM
HELLOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bunny is back! Bunny has been on the blue wagon :( Bunny has been a bit bummed so when I get quiet everyone should know I am in a funk:( But I am slowly digging and clawing back up that upbeat hill to get with it again. I am still where I was when I started...I stopped counting points (I can do it without writing things down:?: what was I thinking) I stopped treadmilling :o another bright move..So listening to all of you makes me want to cry and smile at the same time:^: glad that you are doing so well, sad I am not right beside you:( But today is a new day right? So today is going to be a great one ..I am off from work yeah:) and I am going to lunch with a friend (have already planned on that yummy salad at Unos the Mandarian Chicken Salad yummyyyyy!) and I picked up a book last night at Books a million titled KISS Guide to Weight Loss which is a keep it simple series. It really looks interesting and maybe if I approach weight loss in a educational avenue I can get it in to my head the right way to do it. It has all sorts of things in it such as emotional eating, little quizzes to show you what your true eating style is etc etc. I will let you know what I think about it and you guys might want to check it out. I gotta get going but I will check back with all ...and guys thanks for not forgetting about me and letting me know you miss me as it means so much. Boating Mommy you are a doll :) bunny~

Wisconsin Woman
02-22-2002, 08:15 AM
Just checking in to say I have found the new site. Took care of business yesterday, but I really blew my diet. Three meals on the road is a killer. I did ok for breakfast, poor for lunch, and 2 drinks and a full meal for dinner. Worse yet I was pretty much in the car all day, or in meetings, so I don't suppose I burned more than breakfast off. The up side is I have all week to make up for it, so maybe I won't have to post a gain next week. I have to get to work. Will check in tonight.
Gennel..AWESOME SUIT! What web site did you find it on?

return2tra
02-22-2002, 08:53 AM
Hey there gals...glad to hear everyone is doing well! I am really having a hard time...Thank God it is Friday.

Bunny, I must be in funk too... I glad you're snapping out of it! I will try again! Keep up that positive attitude!

I am sad to say I can not report a loss for this week. NO gain, either so that is a little bright shining point of light! I do well each morning, wake up with a positive attitude...then it slowly (sometimes rapidly) goes down hill! I can't snap out of it! :( I don't know if it everything that is around me, the weather, or I am just plain mental! Being here helps though...I enjoy reading everyones posts. :) Keep up the good work and keep up your great attitudes!

Love the swimsuit! That's so far away it isn't even possible in my dreams at the moment! Maybe in a year or two...but by then I will 35! EEK! Besides, my husband would kill me...I think I would have a little too much fun with that one!:devil:

Well ladies...will see you next week! Have another workshop to do this weekend. I get really tired of these! It's a wonderful opportunity and an honor...I am just really worn out! Only 3 more to go!

Take care!

Trace

Gracenote
02-22-2002, 12:25 PM
Why are we in a funk???? Let's get back on track!!!

The only way we will succeed in this game is if we challenge ourselves!! Challenge yourself to exercise, to walk the extra mile, to drink more water, to stay at the bottom of your points range.. but start SLOW... Challenge yourself to be different.. the problem I had when I started is that I wasn't willing to make any sacrifices in order to lose weight - I didn't want it bad enough. But now, I am willing to make time to exercise and to change my eating habits. I am willing to go out and jog my big bootie in public, even though before I was much too embarrassed and ashamed of myself...

"If you always do what you always did,
You'll always get what you always got."

How true is that???

I was going to post the chart today, but it got a litle confusing with the big move and all.. So I have a proposition...

What do you all say we have a spring challenge? From now, till March 21 (which is the second day of spring) we can each have a set goal weight, and do our best to acheive that goal weight.. What do you all say about that? My goal is to be at 172 pounds (BTW - when I hit 175 I will be 50% to my goal!!). That's an 11 pound loss between now and then, but I think I can do it if I try hard, and especially if I have support from you gals!

So if you're up for it, go ahead and PM me the amount of weight you'd like to lose by March 21, and then I'll begin the new "Spring Challenge" chart next week..

Alrighty ladies, Glad to see you all posting again :)

Take care,
Gracie

boatingmommy
02-22-2002, 01:07 PM
OoHh! I am so happy to hear from everyone! I can't do this alone and you guys CAN'T bail out on me now!!!

Grace, I will accept your Mission Possible! Put me down for 8 pounds! That's 2 pounds per week. Sooo...I'm at 179...and that would mean the scale from **** has to say 171. (I hope this message doesn't self destruct!)

Bunny, you sexy thing...I was estatic to see your little signature!!! I agree with Trace, I get a little blue and don't know why. I have been looking at flower and bulb catalogues and trying to think SPRING! I swear that this posting everyday (and sometimes 2 times a day) is what is keeping me going. I know that there are people out there just like me, struggling like me, dreaming like me to be the person I KNOW I CAN BE. We are here for you...blue funk, or no blue funk! Through thick and thin....and doesn't thin sound nice? So write! I know it makes me feel better. Hope it is helping everyone else, too.

Angel, the salad shakers are fine, but like I said, they are hard to eat because they are in a cup. I must have at least some dressing on all of the lettuce and stuff. North Carolina sounds good right now. It is going to be 45 today, 68 tomorrow, and then the bottom drops out on Sunday and we are expecting some snow and cold weather next week! I hate cold weather!!! Especially when I am thinking summer! I know how hard it is to stay out of the fridge on the days I work at home. I have to periodically open the door, look inside, and then remind myself that I am just bored and walk away. Not always easy to do.

Canoes, planning will get you through. Good luck with the Bday celebrations and remember to have fun! A little piece of cake never killed anyone, it's the BIG piece that gets ya! Wisconsin, glad to hear your trip is over and you came back with a possitive attitude!

Everyone...Have a great weekend and be good to yourselves...mentally as well as physically!!!

I saw a quote on another website that someone told me about. It was from Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York. It said..."Free your mind and your bottom will follow". I thought that was a good thought!

Boating mommy (goddess in disguise!)

Gennel
02-22-2002, 02:34 PM
I was wondering what kind of scale/brand /price ,does everyone use here? I bought the old fashioned kind that will only tell you pound by pound what you weigh. So If I lose 2.5 lbs it only says 2 lbs lost. I had a battery operated digital that I bought like 4 years ago. Well after sometime of being at my goal weight the scale collected much dust! I tried using it again but the numbers didnt stop running,new batteries didnt work either. It cost me around $40 at the time! My only fear is that I buy a new digital scale that it will give me a different weight ! I dont know why but ALWAYS weigh more at the doctors office? Please let me know what kind of scale you guys use!
Oh about the swimsuit! I'm a white ,white hispanic.I do manage to get a tan but only after SEVERAL attempts lol The lime green makes me look yellowish so Iwill go for the black two piece instead. With my luck they wont carry this style once I get to my goal lol. So I probably have to order it within a month!

I weigh in on sunday wish me luck!
Gen

Gennel
02-23-2002, 10:42 AM
I was having nightmares because tomorrow is my official once a week weigh in. IVe added 30 min to my brisk walk 5 days a week.So now Ive been walking 1 hour a day since the beginning of this week. Well I felt good this week , I was thinking maybe with my monthly curse this week Iwas sure to have no weightloss. But I got on the scale this morning and I lost 3 pounds this week!
I have 38 more to go!I started Feb 1st ,2002 .I freaked but my starting weight was 194,now I'm at 183.This is my first time posting my weight I feel naked! lol

Feb 1st 194 lbs /Feb 23 183 lbs/
March 25 Goal 175 !

Gen:D :angel: :angel: :angel:

angel-eyes
02-24-2002, 01:09 PM
Hi Ladies.....yes, all you bikini beach bound babes!!!
Gennel....WTG!!, 3 lbs lost. You go girl!!

Since Thursday we've had my neice and boyfriend visit us, so I was very determined not to let "extra temptation" by the way of hostess wine, dinner out and extra "guest munching" get in my weight...(sorry, lol...way) of losing the 2.2lb I gained last week. I even excused myself and attended my regular meeting/weighin!!! I thought....why should I miss MY meeting, just because of visitors....this is a major breakthrough for me; with putting MYSELF first and making the time for ME!!! And to boot.....I lost the 2.2lbs!!! EVEN BETTER!!
YAHOO FOR ME!!! I really enjoyed her visit, but she's a high maintenance girl...(love her dearly, but...lol) I wish I could make this part of my weight loss, but the last week I was up the same 2.2 lbs....so I guess now I'm back on even ground.

Gracenote.....I accept your challenge to be svelte by spring and pledge to lose 8 lbs by March 21st. I look forward to that day when ol' angeleyes will be a slimmin' and stylin' sexy 207 lbs. (ouch...that hurts a little to say that number....lol) And soon....hopefully, "ONE-DERLAND" again. I can't wait to join you!!

Gennel
02-24-2002, 02:04 PM
I think I can do the 8lbs to lose by march 25. I PM Grace and told her I wanted a 7 lb goal. But I think I can do 8 lbs weightloss by then! I cant wait! I have a parent /teacher meeting onMarch 26. I should be a total 19 lbs loss by then! I bought myself some little heart stickers and each one represents 2lbs lost. So every 2lbs i lose I add 1 sticker to my food journal cover!
well ttyl ladies and Keep up the Great work!!!

Gen

beachbunnyhoney
02-24-2002, 06:10 PM
Howdy girls how is everyone today? I hope all is well ...I have some stressing going on at the moment in my life but for the first time instead of turning to food like I usually do I am staying busy with this and that and just piddling around to keep moving. Sounds like 8lbs is a good goal for me too..thats a respectable 2lbs a week so Lets go for it girls. Angel eyes good for you to put yourself first and take care of your needs...see we can take care of ourselves and others too...balance in life is the key to it all I truely believe that. Talk to you guys later..have a great evening :smug: bunny~

boatingmommy
02-24-2002, 06:33 PM
:cry: :cry: Boo Hoo, the weekend is over! I don't know about where the rest of you are at, but it was gorgeous here for February. We had another couple over for lunch. Burgers, pasta salad, and veggies. They are dieting too, so that made it easy! Then we packed up the three year old and drove to the lake that we usually boat and camp on and just played at the playground and sat around a campfire for the afternoon. I have spring fever BAD!!! And now the weather is supposed to drop to like 26 degrees for the next couple of days!:(

Did good with the diet for most of the weekend. Just a few small cheats, but overall really did well. I have been trying to work past the weekend beer binging. It's not that we are lusches, but usually on the weekends we get together with family and friends, drink a few beers and hang out. I didn't drink but one beer this weekend. That was a major accomplishment for me. I did have a few vodka and grapefruit, but two of them is enough to pickle my stomach...so much better than a 6 pack of beer. Hope you all stuck to your guns, too!

Gennel, I have a digital scale that I just got. It weighs me very close to what my doctor's office scale says. Way to go with the 3 lbs. loss!

Bunny, glad to hear that you are dealing with your stress in ways that don't include food! Good for you!!!

I am needing to get in the other room and aerobicize soon, before I find the chair calling me. Talk to you all later!

Boatingmommy

Sher-de-Lune
02-25-2002, 11:45 AM
Hello BBBBs! I'm a new member to the site and have been lurking for about a week now. I just love your thread -- you all sound so positive!

I've been trying to get motivated since the New Year, but doing it alone and all I seem to accomplish are little 5 pound yo-yo's. I'm at my all-time heaviest weight now and have been feeling very discouraged. But you guys put this idea of wearing a bikini again in my head and something clicked. I realize it's going to take longer than the 2 months I have before the beach season starts here in Florida, but if I can get into any swimsuit at all it will be more than I had hoped for. And, with your help, who knows what I could accomplish by NEXT summer?

Anyhoo... this is my Day 1. I'm cleaning the junk food out of the fridge and buying a new pair of walking shoes. THANK YOU for being here!
***Sher

boatingmommy
02-25-2002, 01:32 PM
Welcome, Sher!!! Way to go removing the temptation of the fridge! It sounds like you are taking some steps in the right direction. And you couldn't have picked a better bunch of babes to join in with. We are SUPERWOMEN!!! And we are all giving this dieting thing our best shot.

I know that we are all working toward the goal of looking good for the beach, or vacation, or WHATEVER. I think that we all know that we have to make our short term goals a priority, and that will lead us to the overall rewards. So...even though the longterm goal is that great swimsuit...Sher, pick your little battles first, and the war will eventually be won!

Okay, I'm gonna puke!!! Where did all of this positive attitude come from today? Oh well, I'm not gonna fight it...just gonna roll with it.

Boating :cool:

Gracenote
02-25-2002, 03:08 PM
:wave:

Okay this is my third try. It better work. I just wrote you girls the most motivating speech ever but it was deleted - twice!!!!!! ARGH!!!!! Let's see if I have enough energy to duplicate it....

I have a proposition to make every monday "Motivational Monday." Everyone bring in your motivation and share it with others!! Here's my two cents:

Think about yourself in the present time. Think about your goals, both short term and long term. Think about where you want to be in four weeks, six months, a year...

Realize that, from here, there are two paths to take.

Imagine yourself quitting this race. Imagine yourself giving up. You don't have to exercise anymore. You have more time to do whatever you want. You don't have to worry about food because you can eat whatever you want. You don't beat yourself up for anything. You just let yourself be.

It's a lot easier giving up.

You continue with your old habits. Your appetite increases and you continue to crave and depend on food for comfort. Your self-esteem shrinks while your body grows. You don't realize that you've gained 5, 15, 30 pounds.

Months have passed. Summertime comes and you are forced to go shopping because your old clothes are much too small. You blame it on the dryer like you always do and completely deny your weight gain. You're no longer fitting in the size you normally wore, so you up the size a bit. You spend hours in the store. Nothing fits right. Nothing looks good. You're sweating from trying on so many clothes. You're depressed and angry and leave the mall only to go home and cry. Oh well. There's always food, right?

Sad, isn't it?

The second path is much harder, but far more rewarding.

Imagine recommitting yourself daily. Imagine researching and educating yourself about your health and body. You begin to feed your body with healthier fuel. You choose a banana instead of cake, spicy tomato sauce instead of alfredo, grilled chicken salad instead of a burger and fries. You replenish your body with water. You walk everyday and challenge yourself to work a little harder each time. Pretty soon you're speed-walking, even jogging a little. The more you jog, the fitter and lighter you get. The fitter and lighter you are, the faster you are able to jog. And the pounds keep coming off as you jog faster and faster.

You lose one or two pounds each week. Some weeks the scale doesn't even move, but you know that you've been faithful and trust that the numbers will show your success sooner of later. The digits on the scale keep changing. Soon, you're no longer in the 280's but the 270's, no longer in the 200's but the 100's.

Your jawline is becoming more defined. Your neck is becoming smaller. You have clavicles! Your curves are slowly taking shape. The compliments start pouring in and you feel better than ever! You walk past a mirror without recognizing the newer, thinner you. The sex is better! You begin discovering muscles and bones that you never knew existed! Your clothes are becoming loose, the rest of you is glowing. Your hair, nails, and skin are responding to the healthy changes you've made. You're buying sexier, younger-looking clothes with bright colors and less material. You have to remind yourself daily that you're thinner now, and that you can do the things that you were restricted from doing before. You feel just FABULOUS. You are more confident, you are happier, and more successful because you had the strength to do it!

Imagine it. Taste it. Which path do you want to take??

I know I could have written for hours, please read this and think about it ladies. I know we all have it in us to do it! Make it your priority over the rest of your duties. Be selfish ladies.

Well, have a great Monday!!!

~Gracie

Oh... P.S. I hope this doesn't make Boating Mommy puke again!!!!

Gennel
02-25-2002, 04:34 PM
Hi Gracie,
I read the giving up part and of course seen myself there many times.I have also seen myself thin in the mirror and could not beleive it was me. Sexier clothes ? You are so right! Sex is better " That is a proven fact! Speaking from personal experience! " lol I deserve this bikini , Ireally do! I deserve to live longer and healthier for the rest of my life. I'm taking pics once a month in the same outfit until it falls off! lol Right now I'm so happy Imdoing this for #1 ME. All of my denim shorts are too lose on me. Ive lost about 3 inches off my waist and at least 2 inches from my hips so far. And its only been 25 days since I started!
Gracie I cant wait to hear your goal has been met and pics!
I love this place!
Gen

email: genierosado@earthlink.net

angel-eyes
02-25-2002, 05:16 PM
Hi Gracenote. WOW....WOW.....WOW..... Well if thats not an eye-opener!! That was such a great post!!! After reading it, I no longer desired that snack-y urge. Most times when I feel a little tempted, I'll pop in here to see the latest post. And let me tell you.....yours was just what I needed to read. I WANT CLAVICLES!!! I WANT TO SUCCEED!!! One of my main problems that I've identified is the snacking due to boredom, snacking when walking thru the kitchen, unplanned snacking.....BASICALLY SNACKING IN GENERAL!

The one good thing that I am doing with ww's , is if I eat it....I write it!! My journal is my saving grace. All the snacking can be legit if I keep them to a zero -2 pts. When I plan my day, I list my snacks so I look forward to them. But sometimes....(not often) I change my journal, and really go a little crazy with the snacks. I can honestly say though....I haven't EVER gone over my pts!! And I give into my urges to satisfy a craving....ALL WITHIN REASON!!

Hope you all are inspired as I was reading this one....thankyou Gracenote.

beachbunnyhoney
02-25-2002, 07:11 PM
Wow are we enlightened today or what????? Not too bad for a Monday...and the most part of my day really sucked..but I got on the thread when I got home from work and read and WOW I was so inspired that I changed my clothes grabbed the dog clipped the leash on and took off for the park. :lol: Now mind you I live like 5 houses away and they put in a walking trail (paved and along the river what a quaint nice spot!) in 1999 and I have only been walking there maybe 10 times. Its a perfect grade it was a perfect nice and comfy 60 degrees outside and I went 3 times around (it is marked 1350 feet each time around so ...I am thinking I did about a mile right:?: ) and I am so happy I actually moved off my duff instead of saying its getting dark...too late to go now...I had a bad day...I will just sit and have something yummy to eat...Or better yet lay down for awhile. Thanks for being there guys and welcome New Bikini Babe :lol: Life can be so good:smug: bunny~

Gracenote
02-27-2002, 11:36 AM
No one posted yesterday...:(

Well, I'm glad my little speech motivated you girls. Keep it up! Tomorrow's WI!!

I hope to read some more posts today! I'm so lost without you guys!!

~Gracie

boatingmommy
02-27-2002, 12:50 PM
Hey gals. Grace, I couldn't get on the web yesterday because of server difficulties.

How is everyone doing? I have been doing fine, except I finally had to go to the Doc for this rotten cold/turned sinus infection. I got some good drugs and I hope they kick in soon!!! My head feels ten pounds too heavy! It had best not weigh 10 pounds extra tomorrow!!!

I need some chatter ladies! The recent snowstorm we got here has me totally in the dumps. So far I have not turned to the fridge for solace....but occationally I can hear it calling to me.:(
I was very jealous to read Bunny and Gennel's posts about the warm weather! 60 degrees sounds like heaven right now. We are at about 22 degrees with a wind chill of 9! I HATE WINTER!! You know the worst part about winter is you can put on those big baggy sweatpants, you know the ones, that keep you snuggly and warm and hide the extra rolls. Not very thin thinking clothes. I have been wearing my jeans just to remind me not to get too comforatable. Oh, by the way, these jeans haven't been worn by me for two years!!!
:smug: :smug:
Well, I have got to go on some visits for work! I too hope to hear from more of you today!!
Boating

Sher-de-Lune
02-27-2002, 04:18 PM
Thank you for all your very warm welcomes! My ISP was down all day yesterday and I was having horrible 3FC withdrawal pains! Gracie, I LOVED your speech/essay -- it was so right on. For me it feels like I make that choice (of which path to take) every day, and sometimes more than once. But of course I'm only on my third day LOL -- I know it will get easier.

The good news is I've gradually managed to get OP with my eating. Day 1 (Mon) was rough because I had to discard so many tasty things from my kitchen, and naturally a few didn't quite make it to the trash can. But I only slipped once yesterday and so far i've been a perfect angel today. The hardest part of the day for me is 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. though ("prime time" as they say) so we'll see.

The bad news is that I'm sore all over. This from walking a mere mile and a quarter last night... gee whiz. I used to be so buff, it just makes me sick. I'm grateful for you guys because you make me feel like I can do it again, which is no minor miracle with the frame of mind I've been in.

Do you guys report your results on a regular basis (once/week?). Later, BBB Babes! Keep thinking OP!
***Sher

angel-eyes
02-27-2002, 06:46 PM
Oh Ladies.....Bikini Babes....HELP ME!!! Here I was having an absolutely fabulous day when......I don't know what happened but at 3:30 the ol' snack attack hit and I lost the attack. I plead not guilty on the grounds of "girl guide cookie innoscense"!!! lol My problem is that once I started .....I couldn't stop. Luckily I ate really low pts by that time so I only went over by a few pts at my top range. But geez....isn't there a law about having most of your points by cookies? If you tell me there isn't a law, then I'm most thankful. See, in Canada we just have two types of cookies :a mixed chocolate/vanilla sandwich type and the chocolate mint ones. It was those darn.....SAMOSA'S!!!! Hence the SELF IMPOSED EXILE FROM THE KITCHEN!!! My saving grace is that I'm now SAFE in the upstairs tv room. I was never so lucky to be here....lol Thank god the box is now empty!!! Hope you all don't ever try these....bye

boatingmommy
02-27-2002, 09:22 PM
:s: Those munchies are sneaky little boogers!!! Just when you think you have pushed them sooo far away...they sneak back up on you. Especially when you are not looking for them...like when you are sitting on the couch with your favorite magazine...and BLAMMO!@#@WOOSH!! They attack you from behind...THOSE *******S!!!

So...what you do is prepare for them...SEE...You get some ammunition...SEE...Okay. Enough of that scenario. Really though, I have armed myself with a few choice snacks that take care of most cravings. If I want chocolate...I eat a fudge bar(Wal-Mart brand, 70 calories, 1 gram fat.) If I crave sweet and crunchy I eat some of those Stouffer's animal crackers (18 crackers, 2 grams fat). For salty I do pretzel sticks (optional dip is Frenches deli style mustard, no fat & few calories). For cheesey I do the Orville Redenbacher rice puffs cheese flavored snacks. I also do the carrots, mushrooms, and celery dipped in the marzetti light ranch dressing (fat free is just too gross!) So, if I do crave a particular taste sensation...I am prepared with something that resembles healthy.
Although, I must admit nothing tastes as good as an Oreo Double-stuff cookie....NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS BEING THIN FEELS!!! Chant that a few times when you are losing control...and remember that we all give in to temptation every now and then. Your goal is to lose weight and get healthy...that doesn't mean that you can never again in you WHOLE ENTIRE LIFE eat a Mrs. Fields macadamia nut cookie. It just means that you have to look at how often you can afford to have that luxury. And then say "the devil made me do it!" :devil:

Good night to all and good luck with weigh in tomorrow! Since I have been pukey sick, I am feeling rather optimistic. Not a recommended way to loose weight, though. I'd much rather be feeling better!:)
Munchie Combat Mamma (Boating)

canoes
02-28-2002, 09:03 AM
Hi all :wave:

Well here it is Thursday! Got through all the birthday stuff last weekend. Thought I did not too bad. Was away all weekend so very hard to follow program right to the book.

Weight loss this week is stayed the same. I was kind of disappointted but it's better than a gain. I am going away for 4 days next week and that one will be hard. Going with the girls from work, meals are in cluded and of course there will be a few beverages. Will expect a gain and if I stay the same or lose it will be a bonus.

Hhope everyone did ok this week, got to run just wanted to post my weight accomplishment though.

Take care and be good!

Canoes :joker:

angel-eyes
02-28-2002, 09:38 AM
Morning Ladies....and yes.....THE COOKIES HAVE LEFT THE BUILDING!!! I ended up only with a few extra points for the day, and used my banked ones for that...so,yes today is a new day....(and no cookies to wear me down...lol) I am now resigned to the fact that those cookies will be a faint and fond memory!! Thanks,boatingmommy for the help up after that stumble. But ....Mrs Fields Macadamia Nut cookies....hmmm, oh never mind!!! NO.... NO COOKIES TODAY!!!

Today is.......clear clean thoughts of good healthy foods.
.......fresh crunchy and juicy fruit
.......a positive mental approach to food
.......motivation by example
.......living proof I am worth it!!!

Hope everyone has a super day!! The sun is shining and I feel like going for a nice walk. Enjoy your day.

Gracenote
02-28-2002, 11:16 AM
Well, how are you all?? Angel eyes and Boating mommy, you chicks are so funny. Silly gals.

Well, HAPPY THURSDAY WEIGH IN DAY!!

Can I ask you all a favor?? Can you please be sure to PM me your stats for the Spring Challenge so that I can have them all in one "easy to access place?" I already have one from Gennel and one from moi. Sooo... It's just hard to keep track of everyone when I'm looking through so many posts... Please do this as soon as you can because I would like to post our losses by Monday for those of us that weigh in on the weekend.

As for me, I lost 4 pounds and I'm in the 170's!!!!!!!!! 179... Wow. That means I lost 41 pounds!!!!!!!!!!! I knew that once I got off my period I would lose a few. Well ladies, 3 more weeks until the spring challenge is over! Keep your eyes on the prize!!

Hope to hear some good news from all of you today! Have a great one!

~Gracie :moo:

Gennel
02-28-2002, 07:45 PM
Hi Gracie!
You did just awesome this week!!!! My last weigh in I was 183 ,I'm crossing my fingers for 180 at least cause I worked my butt off this week so far! lol I know my next weigh in I will have to get myself a little reward because to see the 170's
is going to be a very very very very very happy day for me! My weigh in is Sunday but I know I wont be able to control myself and weigh in on saturday. Iwill however weigh in on Sunday and PM you my weightloss for this week. Keep it up and you will pass your goal sooner than you think!:) :sheep: :strong:

Gracie , I know how difficult it is to diet and try to get some decent exercise done in the cold winter so you need to be extra proud of yourself girl! I lived in N.J. for about 3 years. The last year I was there was a record on how cold it got there! I left in the middle of a blizzard filled week! And to think I go on vacation at winter time!

good luck ladies
Gen

EZMONEY
03-01-2002, 11:30 AM
Hi ladies-- I am new to this computer thing and came across this site---actually looking up a low fat recipe. You guys are not only funny but HOT in your new bikinis!!!!! Good luck to all of you---I know how hard it is, I smoked for 2 years and quit? for another 22 but I haven't touched those NASTY things for 5 years now[pat myself on the back!!] I was 42 at the time and couldn't walk a small flight of stairs w/o getting winded---the first day I quit my wife,and daughter walked with me in a 5K [3.1 miles] it took us an hour and I was tore up!!! My son-- athlete-- ran the race then came back 2 miles to walk the last of it with us. I continued to enter these events [it is a great way to spend a Sat. morning in Calif.] and progressed to ALMOST jogging. Then my wife and I entered a training program for a marathon [26+ miles] for walkers and after 6 months of training 3-4 days a week we were ready. We completed it in Jan. 2001 in 5hrs. 43min. Although I have been pretty LAZY since then [ taking a month off turned into a year with just a few NEW STARTS in between] I have been able to clearly see the benefits of the hard work. You ladies will too, keep up the good work and prepare for the whistles!!! May our good LORD bless you.

Gracenote
03-01-2002, 11:40 AM
You know what that means... (besides mine and dh's birthdays)...
Spring is almost here!!! Less than three more weeks of morbid winter cold! I can't wait till it's SUMMERTIME! Less than 16 more weeks till Summer begins!!!! Keep working on those bikini bodies chickies!!!

EZMONEY, thank you for your kind words. And congratulations on quitting smoking!! Wow. I'm sure that's very difficult to do. Please come join our group! You seem like a wonderful person, and you can keep us updated on how the weather is in beautiful california!! :cool:

Thanks Gennel for the encouragement! It means so much.. especially since I screwed up so bad last night!

Argh!!! Dh invited over a friend of ours, and they both decided to just eat LOTS OF JUNKFOOD! Not just any junkfood... Pizza, Corndogs, Chips, Cheese Puffs (my favorite), AND they asked me to make my famous (Safeway's Recipe) Ultra Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies...:mad: :mad: :mad: I am so angry with myself for not being able to control myself. Of course I know I could have done much much MUCH worse, I think that's worth mentioning. But you know, come to think of it... I have lots of banked points and activity points. I don't think I did TOO much damage.

Well... Today is a new day right? Come on and post ladies. I need some inspiration... that's what you gals are! And I need y'all to post your losses from Thursday!! Tracy? Bunny? Wisconsin?

Please post :^: :^: :^:

(((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))),
Gracie

tryin'hard
03-01-2002, 12:57 PM
Grace, just keep thinking about that green bathing suit! You can do it!

Sher-de-Lune
03-01-2002, 04:17 PM
Gracie, I want to post but have held off because I don't feel like good motivation for anybody. LOL I'm SO HUNGRY!! And it's not because I'm eating too little. I'm been eating reasonable portions of lean, high quality whole foods, and I walked 1-2 miles each day (yes, I even cleared a path to the treadmill), but when I stepped on the scale yesterday it said I'd actually *gained* a half-pound. That has never happened to me in my first week of a diet and I was shocked. Now, I know... I've only been on program 3 days, but I still find it frightening that I actually gained.

Well, I refuse to whine anymore, or to give up. Maybe my body is just in too much of a shock over the sudden change to let go of the weight. As Phil McGraw says, "You can't talk your way out of something you behaved your way into." :)
***Sher

angel-eyes
03-02-2002, 09:56 AM
Hello and Good Morning. I'm hoping that todays rain forecast will change....nothing worse than being couped up in the house with 2 wild and born to run boys!!! My weigh in is later on at noon, so I'm hoping for a good one.

Last night we had friends over and I served Mexican taco's and fajhita's. My game strategy was to divide the table in half and serve 2 bowls of each item. A regular fat content...(for those non ww's) and a fat free content for ME!! I think it went really well and after my 1 taco (2pt) and filling, and 1 soft shell tortilla (2pt) and filling ....I reached for the lettuce and had a taco salad. Has anyone ever tried the fat free shredded cheese by Kraft?....other than being a little dry(less moisture) it is really tastey. 1/4 Cup was only 1 pt. So with a little pre-planning my authentice Mexican dinner was relatively stress-free. Did I mention that the nacho chips were only available in one bowl and only down the other end of the table. (a whopping 7 chips for 4 pts....very easy to let get out of hand!)

Gracenote....What? Can you believe those guys and DH?...all that junk food, all in one sitting. YUCK!! Good for you and thinking and eating good things. Hope you didn't get suckered into eating that stuff. Let them clog up their arteries and indigestion!!Besides....a few cookies isn't that bad, remember my samosa episoded. Just don't continue the downward spiral...get right on back on plan!! You can do it....we are here for you!!!

Sher-de-lune....Hi. Please don't be discouraged, 3 days isn't a long enough time to gauge how you body is responding to your new excercise and healthy eating program. Give yourself a once a week weigh in and try to forgo the daily weigh in....did you know that during each day, your body's naturalweight can vary between 2-4 lbs....depending on bowel movements, water intake, fibre intake etc. Our bodies are very complex and we can drive ourselves crazy trying to "see" those numbers on the scale for any glimmer of a weight loss. Believe in yourself!!! You can do this!!!

Wisconsin Woman
03-02-2002, 10:48 AM
Hi all. I haven't posted my weight loss, because I've had a horrible week and I KNOW it's a gain, I just hope I haven't gained two weeks of weight loss back in one week.:?: I haven't gone near a scale (I use the one at work, because it's accurate and goes to the tenth of a pound) I know my problem is stress eating and 'in a hurry eating in the car fast food lots of fat no good for you' eating. I know I have to regroup, focus.....and remember sexy one piece :cool: I'm so glad I have all of you to come back to with my true confessions.
I WILL REGROUP! I WILL FOCUS! It's good to know I'm not the only person who hears the calling of the cookie jar. And I know if you can resist it, by golly, so can I!..............Will check in again soon. Will post my weight gain when I check it out again.

EZMONEY
03-02-2002, 11:14 AM
Good morning ladies [ at least it is here in sunny so. Calif. ] It is 8am here and around 65 degrees so I have no excuse to be inside playing with this computer!!! I should be out walking!!! My wife has already left for a special Sat. class [ she is a middle school teacher ] and all I've done is read the paper--SPORTS!!!! Well anyway I gotta run---o.k. DRIVE--- to Home Depot for some supplies for a home project---- I just wanted to thank Gracenote for the warm welcome and tell Wisconsin not to give up EVER!! no matter how long it takes you to reach your goal-- your greatest success will be in the process not the outcome. LORD bless you all. Later--- you HOTTIES!!!!!

Gennel
03-02-2002, 12:08 PM
Well tomorrow is my official weigh in . But of course I weighed in today just to see .... I lost 3 lbs this week!!! I will weigh myself tomorrow but I know it's not going to be another 1lb loss lol. So I am just too happy. Ive been so paranoid because I've been used to eating "starving " foods for diets. And with internet research I have found that I can make< tacos,burritos,spaghetti & meatballs,cheeseburgers,hotdogs, I have made much better meals with much less calories! Well next week is my little special reward so Bath& Body Works here I come!!!!
;) ;) ;)
Gen

boatingmommy
03-02-2002, 12:09 PM
Good Morning to you all!!! Happy Saturday!!! Just wish it wasn't duck weather here. EZ you should be ashamed to be inside on a morning like this....but so glad to hear a male's voice. Something different. I'm just jealous cause the weather gurus are forecasting BAD STUFF for today. Rain, snow, sleet just for fun!

Well I guess the mambos and chachas are paying off. I can now fit into three pair of jeans that I haven't for a while. I got to put the jeans I've been wearing on a shelf in the closet!! :D :D :D
Honestly, I have been doing very well. It's kinda funny how I am. 2 years ago I said I would lose weight and at least get to a size 18 from a size 22... I did. Now I am determined to get to a 12 ...and I am. There's no ifs..ands... or big butts about it...my mind is geared in the right direction. What I can't figure out is how come I couldn't get motivated until I met you guys...you must be magic!!! That's the answer!!! So glad you all are here to motivate me.

Wisconsin, get on the net and take a good look at the fast food calorie guide on this web site. Study it, and then you can make a more educated choice when ordering your fast food. I know what a problem that can be when you have to grab it on the run. The funny thing is that some of the things I thought would be lower in fat grams and calories aren't. Like the Big Roast Beef at Hardees has more fat grams than the ham and cheese sandwhich. Anyways, I found it helpful.

Sher...Angel is right. 3 days is not long enough. Plus you could have put on weight if you are replacing some muscle with fat. So..chin up! Keep going at it.

Bunny, Trace,...need your "Voice". Hope you are doing well.
Well...to everyone else. Be good to yourselves!!

BoatingMommy

EZMONEY
03-03-2002, 12:36 PM
Good morning Ladies--

Just wanted to say hello before I headed off to church with my wife--- it is a BEAUTIFUL morning here in so. California---we are probably going to a home and garden show this afternoon--if my step-daughter doesn't do pitching lessons-- went to her softball game yesterday and got my exercise YELLING--not really, I have learned to calm down over the years. My daughter has a tennis tournament in Las Vegas this week-end with her college--was thinking of going there but she didn't figure to play in this match. This time of year--although my favorite, spring--is hard for me with my daughter and her tennis at school, my son's track at college and my step-daughters softball--they all seem to overlap plus they are MILES--as in several hundred--apart!!!!

You ladies keep up the good work as we head into another week closer to spring and the season you have been looking forward to so you can show off those Hot new bodies--SUMMER!!!

LORD BLESS YOU ALL--GARY

angel-eyes
03-04-2002, 10:01 AM
Hi Ladies and EZmoney....(lol). Just checking in as I was really out of commission most of the weekend. I (or should I say....my son gave to me...) have a stomach bug that just won't go away. My weigh in on Saturday was okay,...in losing 1 more pound. I was really hoping for a few pounds, but hey? who am I to look a gifthorse in the mouth?...lol
Still not feeling well, also have a wicked headache. Gosh, its only 10am and I'm ready for another nap. Hope you all are doing well on plan.....

Gracenote
03-04-2002, 02:56 PM
Well.. I'm back. I kinda had a rough weekend foodwise.. I didn't count everything I ate, and that really screws me up. I went to dinner yesterday with some friends from out of town at Red Robin (I'm so sick of Red Robin).. anyway, I had a strange craving for a VEGGIE BURGER! Can you believe it? I loved every bite of it too... and... get this guys... I substituted the bottomless fries with a salad. I was kinda annoyed though because I asked for dressing on the side, but they ignored that. Oh well...

Anyway, I'm going to post all the stats I have in my PM box for the Spring Challenge... I hope I didn't make any mistakes. Please PM me if I did and I will fix it for next week... If you want to add your name and spring goal to the list, please PM me as well... The reason I ask for a PM is because it makes it much easier for me to compile all the numbers...

Spring Challenge: Week 1 Totals

Angel-eyes................................(Spring Goal: -8, So far: -1)
Beachbunnyhoney....................(Spring Goal: -8, So far: n/a)
Boating mommy.........................(Spring Goal: -8, So far: -2)
Gennel.......................................(Spri ng Goal: -7, So far: -3)
Gracenote..................................(Spring Goal: -11, So far: -4)
Sher-de-lune..............................(Spring Goal: -12, So far: n/a)

Great Job everyone! We're moving right along! Keep the numbers dropping!! We have a little over 2 weeks left until its SPRING!!

Well, hope you're all having a great day! Take care and hope to hear from you all soon!

Take care,
Gracie

tryin'hard
03-04-2002, 03:43 PM
Grace, do not be afraid to send your food back, especially if you asked for something and they didn't do it. Most of the time, they just forgot and I've never had a waiter or waitress say anything when I reminded them that I did ask for the dressing on the side. My DH will even say it before I can open my mouth sometimes! Remember, you're at a restaurant to relax and have a good time--you shouldn't have to stress over salad dressing!
Enjoy!

boatingmommy
03-04-2002, 08:42 PM
:jig: Hi BBBB (and guy)!! Just got done doing the Emergency Workout tape. Boy...Am I the only one who's face turns the brightest red when they work out? I look like a cigar store Indian! That is one of the reasons why I prefer to workout at home and haven't gotten to the gym. It's really embarrassing!:( And it take a while for me to get back to natural pigmentation, which is pasty white. I like walking when the weather gets warmer and I can go after dinner...in the growing gloom of the evening so no one can see my red face! Oh well, at least I did the workout, I can live with the red face if it means the butt is shrinking.:D

Went to a bridal shower on Saturday. I didn't eat anything! Stuck to my guns....until the very end when I nibbled a little piece of cake...okay...maybe it was an average sized piece of cake. I still felt pretty good about forgoing the finger sandwiches, potatoe salad, ham and cheese roll-ups...etc.

My sweetie pie also took me shopping yesterday, just to get out of the house. But, I did try on some of those cool capri pants. I was SOOO EXCITED! I fit into the size 14 just fine...no pinching..no binding...YEee HAaa! It was like an instant feeling of being high! I am trying not to buy anything until I run out of stuff in the closet that fits. But warm weather is eventually coming...and I haven't a thing to wear! Doesn't that sound terrible? Okay...I don't want anyone to think I am getting tooo full of myself. Remember I was wearing a size 22-24 two years ago. It has been a long time coming. So see...it can be done! All of us can feel this way. See yourself losing the weight...Feel yourself losing the weight!

Okay, enough about me...I want to hear some good stuff from you guys!!

Boatingmommy

EZMONEY
03-04-2002, 09:00 PM
Good evening ladies--- it is evening for me anyway here in sunny CALIFORNIA-- we had another great day here--- should get some rain in a couple of days, we really need it--drought is on the way.

I took the day off from work to prepare a room we have in the garage-- my wife and I decided not to go to the garden show and instead went and bought some gym equipment we had been looking at---- we got a elliptical trainer and a home gym weight set. Guess I have no excuses now!!!! I wanted a treadmill but my wife [ who goes out running 3-4 days a week ] says THE WORLD is my treadmill--- ya just can't figure out women can ya guys---OOPS.

Angel-eyes I hope you are feeling better and Gracie I am sure the ladies really thank you for keeping track for them--- we all need a PUSH don't we. Well the wife wants me to go to the BULK item store with her ----do you guys have Costco's?.

May our Lord bless you in your efforts!!!!! Gary

Gracenote
03-05-2002, 04:33 PM
Hello everyone! :wave:

How are you all doing today? Aaaah. The sun is shining and it's a beautiful day. I went for a nice little jog and I'm back! I just wanted to report that I'm having a successful day so far...

Tryin' Hard, thanks for your advice and support! It's very encouraging!

EZMONEY, so, when are you gonna buy me and hubby tickets to California so we can see just how nice the weather really is down there??? ;)

Angel, hope your tum tum gets better!!!

Bunny, Tracy, Wisconsin, Canoes, Sher, Gennel and all you other lurkers... come and post! The thread has slowed down in the last couple of days!!

Alrighty, later,
Gracie

Gennel
03-05-2002, 07:23 PM
Hi Everyone!
Well I heard about a Pedometer and was so curious to find out what the heck it was and what it does! Well I found a few in ebay ...but I wanted one NOW! So I checked at Walmart and they dont have a clue lol, Sears..nothing,Sports Authority!nope they dont have them either,only on their website! Well This little gadget gets clipped on your pant waistband and you put the length of your stride per step for example my average stride is a foot and a half. Istart it and after 5 seconds of me walking ,it starts adding each step you make.You wear this the entire day until bed time(of course take it off to shower! lol) The daily goal is to take at least 10,000 steps a day. I purchased it late today and put it on around 5:30 PM well by 7 PM I had taken 1,673 steps which totals 1/2 mile . IF you stop walking it stops also.I multiplied the steps I took to see how far was 10,000 steps and its around 3 miles a day. So my goal is 3miles a day total. I think that shouldnt be a problem since I walk 1 hour almost everymorning! And that's around 3 miles. Tomorrow morning I will see how much is my hour walk finally! lol. I love this little thing! It makes me want to keep moving lol Oh! By the way I found it at Target! It was the last store I tried and of course they told me they dont know what the heck it was and that they dont carry it! I still asked where the sports section was and I found it right where they have the bikes and mini weights for ladies! IT cost $16.99, Made bySportline, it has a light,measures steps,miles and KM . There is another cheaper one but it only measures miles. I am going to be putting this thing on as soon as Im dressed in the morning.
Iread an article about Pedometers and they had a little experiment .. they gave Pedometers to a group of people who DONT exercise and are not dieting. And they chose another group of people who exercise regularly. After a few weeks they checked both groups and you know what? The folks who wore the Pedometers actually lost a few lbs and the people who exercised regularly stayed at their current weight. You see this by itself wont make you lose weight but when you see how manysteps youare taking it sort of motivates you to move around the house and just keep moving until you reach the 10,000 step goal for the day!
Sorry for the long post! But I had to share! I would really suggest to anyone who isnt really motivated to keep moving! :)
Gen

boatingmommy
03-05-2002, 07:48 PM
Howdy Chickies!

Grace, you are abosolutely right, the sunshine is a wonderful thing! We had a big thaw here today...and man did that make me want to get outside and walk...so I did!

I know it has been a while since some of you have dropped a line...so if you read this...you MUST drop a note, no matter how short. You are sadly missed when you don't post for a few days.

Angel, sweetie, hope that the nasty flu has let go of you. Don't get too gung-ho on excercising before you have kicked the bug. I made that mistake last week and felt ten times worse afterwards.

Gennel, the pedometer sounds very interesting. Might have to check into one. I need to get out and walk more now that the forecast shows above 50 degree weather here. I am very bottom heavy and the walking seems to work better than the aerobics tape on shaping my legs and butt. Hey, does anyone have any ideas on how to shrink a pot belly. I have a kangaroo pouch that needs some extra attention, but my bad back makes sit-ups taboo. Ideas anyone?

EZ, sounds like you made some good investments this weekend with the excercize equipment. Oh, and if Grace gets tickets to California...I'm coming, too!!!

Well, gotta go fold laundry! How many calories does that burn?

Boating

EZMONEY
03-05-2002, 08:20 PM
Hi Ladies--
Well I painted my new gym room today--tomorrow will put in the mats we bought for cushion-- the equipment should come on Friday--so it's all UPHILL?DOWNHILL? from there.
BOATING< if I knew how to get rid of a pot belly I would have already done it!!! My wife has a little one too and she only weighs 129--she has tried EVERYTHING.
GENNEL- my wife wore a pedometer for about a month until she learned all the distances around the neighborhood--she really loved it too.
GRACIE- You and BOATING want tickets to Calif.? how 'bout when I win the LOTTO!! OKIE-DOKIE
Hey Boating how close are you to Bloomington--or do you know? It is in the mid-southern part of the state--my Grandma lives there.

Well ladies keep up the AWESOME work- gotta go, have a meeting at church tonight. LATER-Gary

return2tra
03-06-2002, 10:21 AM
Hello there everyone! I am back! Sorry haven't posted in a while. Haven't been feeling well, but now I think I am back on track. I am ready to get on the wagon again and lose some poundage. :p

It is nice to see some other people around. Good to hear from you. I will weigh in this week...Am pretty late for the Easter Challenge...but I would like to join now if that is alright. I will shoot for 8 pounds! Aim high they say.

The weather here has been weird...extreme cold then today it is wonderful! I am looking forward to the end of the work day to get out and walk some.

I have tried starting a support group at work for Healthy Living...Last week was our first meeting. Only three of us! That is good though. Tonight we are meeting again. Maybe some more will come. I will let you know how it goes.

Keep up the good work, everyone. It is good to be back.

Thanks Boating for keeping an out for the ones who haven't posted in a while!
:cool:

See ya'll soon! Trace

Gennel
03-06-2002, 11:42 AM
Well I clipped on the Pedometer to the waistband of my shorts this morning.This counts your total steps and miles for the day. Well The goal is to take at least 10,000 steps a day equaling about 5 miles. Well to my pleasant surprise from 7 am to 11 am I have a total of 11,391 steps taking ,totaling 5.41 miles! Just my walk this morning was 3 1/4 miles! I really ,really like this little gadget. :dizzy:

Well let me keep moving along :spin:
Gen

Wisconsin Woman
03-06-2002, 04:35 PM
Stilll struggling, but not giving up. I draw a lot of hope from your success stories. Keep it up, and I'll get my head in the right place sooner or later.

angel-eyes
03-06-2002, 06:47 PM
Hi Everyone. Well here I am with one good day of feeling better since my "tender stomach" episode....and now I have TOM!!!
Geez....how lucky can a girl get? I hope most of the side affects...bloat, pain, cramps etc.....have gone for my weigh in on Saturday because I really need a nice loss right about now. So I'm sure hopeing. Its going to be an early night for me once I get the boys off to la-la land. I think I nice hot bubble bath is what the Dr. has ordered tonight. Bye and see you all tommorow. Sorry not to be very chatty tonight....(I know you guys would understand) **thanks**

boatingmommy
03-06-2002, 09:27 PM
:) :D :) I was so happy to hear from you guys, Wisconsin and Trace!!! Trace, you are a weight loss GODDESS! What a great idea to start a healthy living support group at work. Start small...think BIG! Wish I could do something like that...the only problem is that work consists of 6 case workers, 1 secretary, and a grumpy old man...all of whom are probably close to their target weight, except me. Five of the case workers are under the age of 25 and don't even know who Jane Fonda is because that was "before their time". Oh well, I've got everyone here...and that's made a world of difference. Thanks for being here. And Wisconsin....leave notes about ANYTHING!!! It doesn't always have to be about the weight...sometimes just saying "Hi!" makes you feel better and gives ya a boost to get through the day.
Angel, glad you are feeling better. Gennel, the more you talk about it...the more I want a pedometer. That swimsuit is gonna look SSsooo Good on you!
EZ...Bloomington is about 2 hours away. We are about 25 minutes from downtown St. Louis, MO.

Well, I have been very good with the food, the drink, and the excercise....hope it pays off when I jump on the scale in the morning.

Night to All!

Boating

:yawn:

boatingmommy
03-07-2002, 08:21 AM
Tah Dah! The scale from **** says.......174!!!! That's three more pounds!! You guys can't see it, but I'm doing a happy dance :D I just wanted to post ( actually I want to scream out my back door..."I'm getting skinny!!!") .

Hope you all have success!!

Boating

return2tra
03-07-2002, 08:34 AM
Boating....you go ahead and scream girl! Good for you! I am very happy for you! Summer looks better and better all the time, doesn't it?

I am happy to report a two pound loss...from my two pound gain when I was "out of commission"...so that is good news. Too bad I am where I started! I have faith though! I can do it!

The meeting went well last night. The two people who came last week came again! That is good news. Some people are starting to talk about it positively and are considering coming next week! I like it! I can feel the energy.

Gen- you talked me into a pedometer! I am going after work tonight to purchase one...it will be a good motivator. I would love to work myself up to 5 miles! WoW!

Everyone have a happy Thursday! Talk to you soon!

trace

:smug:

angel-eyes
03-07-2002, 06:40 PM
Hi Ladies. Thanks for the well wishes. Boy, TOM sure was nasty this time around. I think it was because I wasn't feeling 100% yet from the weekend, and then BAM!! But I took my own advice and after a hot bath went straight off to sleep. Did me the world of good!!
Today has been a super day. Did a little shopping at Costco....(boy wish I was rich...lol) and managed to do not to badly. Has anyone heard of "miss meringue" cookies? Its made of ....you guessed it...meringue!! 4 cookies = 2 pts....WOW!!! And then I also found at Costco....in the frozen food isle, a huge bag (5lbs) of frozen fruit for only 4.99!!! Another smart shopping descision. Peaches...strawberries...you name it!! And yes.....TGIF TOMMOROW!!!!

trace.....way to go on the 2 lb loss!!

gennel.....hmmm, think I might take a look see at a pedometer.sounds like a great idea!! thanks

canoes
03-07-2002, 08:31 PM
Hi everyone,

Just got home from 4 days away at a resort. The weight stayed the same thank goodness. Our meals were included and they were excellent. Tried to be as good as I could.

Went for 2 long hikes and exercised in the pool for half an hour each time twice also.

It was great to get away and get some rest and take time to slow down and read a little and enjoy life. Back to the grind on Monday though. Tomorrow I have to go into the city for a drs. appt. that's a trip I hate. Would prefer to be away from all the hustle and bustle. Will use the weekend to get my house back in order and get ready for back to work.

Hope everyone is getting over all their flu bugs etc. The weather has got to get better soon and then we all can get out walking and enjoying the spring.

Have a great week everyone!!!!

Canoes
:dizzy:

EZMONEY
03-07-2002, 10:44 PM
HI LADIES--

Just a quick note before I take care of some business this evening. Hey BOATING take it easy--I thought we were having one of our Caliifornia earthquakes---thank goodness it was just your HAPPY DANCE!!!!! You GO girl--- I can hear your screaming all the way here!!! You deserve to be happy---we are all happy for you--
Well gonna go to Santa Barbara to see my daughters' tennis match tomorrow[FRI.] it is a 3-5 hour drive depending on traffic-200 miles, then back home and then up to the school my son has his track meet at on Sat. 95 miles--- wish me luck-- SORE BUTT WILL TRAVEL!!!

HAVE A GREAT WEEK-END LADIES AND TREAT YOURSELVES RIGHT!!! YOU ALL DESERVE.
GOD BLESS YOU-Gary

angel-eyes
03-08-2002, 09:39 AM
Hi Everyone. Feeling really good today, dh is off today which is an extra bonus as he usually works M-F, but he took an overtime day. LUCKY ME!! Sun is shining, and the house is quiet(except the washing machine. lol )....what more could a girl want? Have a great day!

ps....EZMONEY.....poor you!! Hope ya don't get numb bum. Thats a lot of mileage in one day. What a good dad you are! I bet both your children appreciate what that means to them. Enjoy your day (of rest)

Gennel
03-08-2002, 10:49 AM
Well I did great this week, It hink the worst thing I did this week was lick my finger after I served my 5 yr old some neighbor's birthday cake! I couldnt help lol I didnt have a napkin nearby :)
Well I've changed me Weigh In day officially to Saturdays so it could be nearer the Thursday weigh ins! Why do I fear the scale so much ?lol My TOM is due this week coming up I cross my fingers that TOM wont totally ruin my WeighIn tomorrow!
Well I'll post tomorrow ASAP.

Have a great and lowfat weekend everyone!
Gen

boatingmommy
03-08-2002, 07:25 PM
Howdy Gang! Hope everyone is ready for a good weekend! I am sitting here at the computer while my husband makes arrangements with his mother for some babysitting services for tonight. We are going to the local tavern for fish. Yum Yum!:T We have a large german catholic community and during lent you can get any kind of fish you want. I am going to get the
Alaskan whitefish sandwhich w/0 tartar sauce. I am going to forgo the fries.

I'll talk to you guys later!

Boating

Gennel
03-09-2002, 07:52 AM
:cry:
Well I cant evensay how disappointed I am today. I feel like screaming into a freakin pillow.My body is sore from exercise this week. I worked my butt off... for 6 days almost 7 hours !!!!
Iweigh myself today and ZERO weightloss. Nothing , I got on it again andit said 1 lb, but then again and it stayed the same. My monthly curse is due and Ihavent done #2 , this will be my third day! ugh!!!!! Dont understand why I cant go to the bathroom !Imean I'm drinking my 8 glasses of water a day. I am so mad right now no words can describe it. I wouldnt feel so angry if I knew I cheated someday of the week. But I'm just going through my journal and I always stayed within 1,200 a day with the exception of 1 day that was 1,273 ,kept my fatgrams within 20 or less.This is why I was so positive about losing something this week.Actually I'm so mad I'm down to tears at this moment. I know I have to keep going and I will exercise tomorrow.This just totally ruined my weekend. Sorry to be so down and negative today I just had to vent somehow. Hubby has no idea why I'm so upset this morning. When he finds out I know he'll baby me and tell me how hard Iworked this week. Well I better go , got a huge lump in my throat . What is going on in my body !:?: ttyl, Gen

canoes
03-09-2002, 09:39 AM
Hi all,

Gennel I just read your post and my heart goes out to you.
Keep up the exercise. You have probably gained muscle this week which weighs more than fat. Better yet take some measurements you are probably down inches instead of the weight. Sometimes we get stuck on what those darn scales
say instead of how our bodies look and feel. Now for the problem with #2. Eat about 4 to 6 dried prunes. You may think yuck but they will get you going. When you start going that
may even make you drop a little too and you will feel much better
also.I bet next week you will see a really good loss if you don't give up and maintain your program and keep up that exercise.
YOU CAN DO IT, YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!!!!

Where did this inspirational stuff come from? I think with doing the weight thing myself I have started to get a little more positive, makes you feel great.

Had a Drs. appt in the city yesterday , it went well and got alot of errands done afterwards. This morning it is 55 degrees here.
That's unusuall for Canada this time of year. Went out and fed the birds anyway. Feel like going for a nice long walk today.

Hope everyone is well and keep up the good work , we are all well worth it!!!

Canoes:wave:

EZMONEY
03-09-2002, 12:33 PM
GOOD DAY LADIES--
Well I am back from the first part of my week-end of alot of driving!! 400 miles yesterday--wasn't too bad though I left at 5am and got there at 8:30 traffic was pretty good through L.A.. Spent time wife my daughter after she got out of class--had lunch with her---watched her and the team in their tennis match--had dinner with her --dropped her back at her dorm and returned home at 10:30pm--just in time for my son to get home and tell me about the lecture he was at [ one-half of a grade extra credit for his Womens Studies class---Womens Studies for my SON go figure!!! He says it is way cool- over half the class is male.
My daughter didn't win -- lost her doubles match-a pro set-8 to 6-- the positve about that though was she was down 6-0 to start--lost her singles 8 to 2 but actually was in almost every game-- 5 went to duece but she lost all those. I was very proud of her though she didn't give up and played well for her.
Heading out in a few hours-100 miles north for my son's track meet--high jump. Just got off the elliptical trainer that was delivered yesterday--ALTHOUGH they brought the WRONG one--we will get the RIGHT one on Tues. It seemed to work pretty good. Someone at door--Be back

EZMONEY
03-09-2002, 12:40 PM
Well it was the GIRL SCOUT cookie kid!!! She just loves our house.
Any way GEN__ CANOES is right it probably is muscle. Don't give up--it isn't an exact science--your body is going through alot of changes---just look at the WHOLE picture--- Let's suppose that you didn't lose any weight-- BIG FREAKIN' DEAL!!! YOU STILL HAD ONE GOOD HARD WEEK TOWARDS BETTER HEALTH THAT YOU WILL NOT LOSE!!!!
ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR WEEK-END LADIES

GOD BLESS YOU-Gary

Gracenote
03-09-2002, 05:35 PM
Hey All! Sorry I haven't posted in a while.. I don't know what's wrong with my computer (I'm using a different one right now) but for some reason I CAN'T POST!!!!!! It says that I'm not signed in and then when I sign in to post, it does the same thing again... then when I hit the post button it says to sign in AGAIN.. and by then the message gets deleted. It's a terrible cycle and I don't know how to fix it. So... if you don't hear from me, you know why.. :( :( :(

I didn't lose any lbs. this week, but i'm glad i stayed the same. Gennel, don't be so upset with yourself!!!!!!! Your period really kills the weight loss thing. Just stay on plan and you will have a big loss next week!!!!! TRUST ME!

I am not doing so well. I don't feel like I am doing my best or working my hardest at all. I know that my mom will stuff me this weekend for mine and dh's birthday.... *sigh* hope I can get through it! Talk to you all later!!!!1

Gracie

boatingmommy
03-09-2002, 07:38 PM
Helloo!!! Hey, sounds like some discouraging things are going on out there.
Gennel, I know it's a real bite when you know you've worked you a-- off and there's nothing to show for it...at least not on the scale. But I betcha you'll have something to show for it next week. All that hard work has got to be firming you up and you already know about the muscle/fat thing...so just because the numbers didn't shrink...I bet your body did!
Gary, you sound like a really cool dad. That's great that you try and keep up with your kids' stuff even when they are "grown". I know that it has to mean a lot to your daughter that you took the time just to be there.
Canoes, your trip sounded wonderful! Was it for business or pleasure. Good for you keeping to your diet and excercise while you were away!
Grace, computers are soooo frustrating sometimes. I spent the better part of a couple of hours today trying to figure out why my computer and digital camera were causing me problems. Glad you found a way to post, though.
Well, I did excercise today...watched my food intake for the most part. Just wish I had a magic wand...that sure would be easier. It is cold here and very windy (50 mph gusts). This sitting inside just bores me to death and makes eating too much of a focus. I am staying out of the fridge, but wish I could get outside. Canoes, I have a couple of large bird feeders and have sat and stared at the finches and a couple of cardinals today. They are getting brighter in color, so spring has to be on it's way.

Take care of yourselves!
Boatingmommy(Wish I Was Boating!!!):cool:

angel-eyes
03-09-2002, 07:41 PM
Hi Everyone. Well....considering the week I've had, I went to weighin wondering about a loss. And sure enough (even though TOM...) I had a 1.8 lb loss!!!YAHOO....YAHOO....YAHOO!!!! Which is really quite incredible but hey?....I'LL TAKE IT!!! I'm just a smidge under 10 lbs now....another YAHOO!!! I am also going to get my butt in gear to get moving and shaking a bit. My plan is to start walking...(yup,walking is good) and get a fresh start to my day. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Grace.....Don't be too hard on yourself. We all slip and slide abit, but recognize it for what its worth and get back on program. Enjoy the party, and have 1 pc of cake. Wow...a double party!!! for you and dh. See how wonderful married life can be?.. Enjoy!!!

return2tra
03-10-2002, 08:07 PM
Hello everyone! Hope everyone had a GREAT weekend...

I know all too well how it feels to be down and out trying to battle the weight loss war! Weight loss is such an incredible roller coaster! One minute up...one minute down - And sometimes we are even upside down and in circles! But

We all have to stick with it! We all have tried really hard since we have started posting here and we have been successful! It would be so easy to give up...but we don't want to do that! We can do this...and we're here for each other and we are going to reach our goals! Pick up your chins! You all keep me motivated and I love to hear from you! Each day can be a new beginning!

Keep up the good work everyone and have a great start of the week!

carps
03-11-2002, 03:44 PM
Hi everyone
I really like the feel on this thread - and the beach babes goal as well and wondered if I could perhaps join you.

I also post on the Body for LIfe thread as that is the programme I am on, but would love others to share with.

I live in New Zealand so I have a bit longer till summer than you :cool: actually quite a bit longer as we are still in the end of ours, but I have a goal to hit the beach next summer with that bikini on and my body beautiful.

I'm 28 years old, have three daughters aged 5, 4, and 1. and I work mostly from home although I am a professional singer as well so often work friday or saturday nights as well.

look forward to getting to know youall
Carly
249/224/38

Wisconsin Woman
03-11-2002, 06:08 PM
I love to hear all the good news! I'm so proud of all of you, and you inspire me. Welcome Carly. I love to hear from people from other countries. I reminds me that there's a great big world out there.
I'm still not doing too well on the weight loss, but I'm holding my own. My head just isn't into it right now, but I plan to keep it as a goal, and the time will come when I have the fortitude to forge on. I was doing well, and then it's like I totally sabotaged the whole thing. I think it's probably some deep inner psyche kind of thing (Maybe I need Dr. Phil). I do continue to draw strength from all of you, and I'm still beach bound.

Gennel
03-11-2002, 06:46 PM
Ok after beating myself up over not having any weight loss this past weekend.... I decided to keep doing what I have been doing! lol Keep my calories 1,200, 20 fat grams per day and walking 1 hour a day. My body is going to have to budge sooner or later and let some fat go! Thanks everyone for letting me know that I'm not alone in this ! :)
I will keep you posted about any progress.

Gen

P.S. I cant get into CHAT ? It says I'm using an invalid host. I dont understand. I havent changed anything! Anyone else having this problem?

EZMONEY
03-11-2002, 09:48 PM
Hi Ladies-- Just checking in.
Welcome Carly, I am the male member of this wild bunch[at least until they kick me off] My wife has tried the Body for Life twice, but both times ended up with a, unrelated to the program, reoccuring back injury. A lady at our gym did real well on it--Does it really work? Obviously the pictures in book are not all real.
Gen- Love that new attitude!!! I think you ladies really need to FOCUS not on the weight loss but the benefits of of the healthier eating and exercise towards your HEALTH!!! I have seen alot of unhealthy looking SKINNY people. To hear of all the hard work you put in during the week go waste because you don't loose any weight or not what you had hoped for saddens me. Eat BETTER- not perfect!!! exercise a little more!!! weigh yourselves less--love yourselves MORE and enjoy life---the weight will take care of itself as you proceed--you didn't get where you are at overnight-- it may just take a little longer to reach your goals---SO WHAT!!!
Had a great Sunday at church and yard work with the wife. Had a great Saturday with my son at his track meet and the ex-wife. All is well as I prepare to go shopping tonight with my wife for potatoes and fixins for 100 at church on Wed.
Gotta go--GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!! Gary

carps
03-12-2002, 04:02 AM
hi all,

had a great day today ate one thing I shouldn't have, but I don't stress anymore because I'm making changes for life this time, and can't be perfect all the time! It was my cardio day today which I did tonight - and boy was it hard - but I love to imagine the fat cells dissapearing with every stride I take on the elliptical machine.

Gary - I'm not really sure why you think the photo's in the book aren't real? I have done a lot of research and I can assure you that they are real people with real stories and very real success.
I know it is sometimes hard to believe, but like my faith in God believing it is true is essential! If I allow doubt to creep in - I start to feel like I can't be bothered.

I think I'm going to try and find a swimsuit that I can keep in mind as a goal for the summer.

Till tomorrow - all the best
Carly

return2tra
03-12-2002, 08:51 AM
Hi everyone! It is good to have you here, Carly! I have a friend who follows the BFL program and she does very well. I am doing ww points and slowly exercising. It is working for me! Hooray! I am down 4 pounds this week. I have been pushing myself a little harder than usual! It feels good though, and the time is right!

Gen~ you're doing the right thing! Don't give up! I am sure your body is at a plateau and this week you will notice some change! If you think about it...why wouldn't your plan work? You are doing the right things, sometimes our bodies need time to catch up! You go girl! You can do it!

Wisconsin~ Hang in there! I had been so down and out lately, everything was a struggle. I am finally feeling better and the time is right for me to lose weight! So, I am sure when you are ready it will happen! Keep your chin up...you're going to be great!Love Dr. Phil by the way. Everytime I am at the book store I pick up his book and then put it back. I think I am going to get it though. He is so cool, and right about so many things! HANG IN THERE! WE SUPPORT YOU!

EZ~Nice to hear your positive messages! KEEP 'EM COMING! You're so right, healthy is more important than skinny. Like I said before...I am feeling so much better and that makes a whole world of difference! I would love to be in a Bikini and a size 6...but I feel good now! I wouldn't trade that for anything! What are you making with the potatoes? Mashed, baked, fried, soup? YUM YUM...here comes the compulsive eating monster....

Angel, Boating, Gracie, Canoes, Bunny ~ Where are you? I know you're out there! I miss you.

:cry: :cry:

WE CAN DO THIS!

Tracy

boatingmommy
03-12-2002, 09:53 AM
Hhhelloooooo!! I can't believe I forgot to post yesterday. I was so busy...I read but didn't write.
Hey Carly! Glad to hear from someone new. I don't know anything about the program you are on. I will have to look it up on the web. I would love to hear more about New Zealand.
Trace, I am glad that you are feeling so energized and positive. Doesn't it help to keep you on track when you are already feeling so good? I think it does. I got the Disney catalogue yesterday and saw some really cute clothes. I think that it is almost time to give myself a little treat. NEW CLOTHES ARE FUN!!!! I can remember when I was wearing a size 22-24 and how much I hated shopping....trust me anyone who is there....buying the smaller sizes is way more fun! Luckily I have a closet full of clothes ranging in various sizes (some are a bit out of date, but what the heck!). Otherwise weight loss would be very expensive. I hope to make this a life change and never get back into any of the larger sizes. I'll never be a clothes horse...but I am looking forward to some more svelt outfits!
Gary, potatos? What's the dinner for? Sounds like you are really involved in your church. That's great!
Guys, can you believe Spring will be here next week???? YESSSS! I love spring...I love warmer weather...flower beds, camp fires, fireflys....and on and on. My kiddo is happy that she has been able to get out and play more. I notice that I have more energy to play with her. That is definitly one of the reasons I am making these changes in my life. I want to be able to run and jump and play with my kiddo!!
Gennel, LOVE THAT POSITIVE ATTITUDE!!! Can't wait to see how your mega excercize and eating plan helps. Like Gary said....we are getting healthier!!!
Wisconsin, I am glad that you haven't totally given up. If you really want it, you will begin to work harder at it. But you have to prepared yourself mentally for it first, and it sounds like you know that you are just not focused on it,...yet. It'll come. I am so glad that you keep checking in, though. Nice to hear from you.
Well, I have got to get to work on my real work stuff.
See ya later!
Boating

angel-eyes
03-12-2002, 10:12 AM
Hi everyone. Nice to meet you Carps/Carly. Hope to see you lots on the thread. The last two days have been a little "straying" for me. Not quite on the mark sticking to my pts and indulging a little too much. Today is the day, to start "focusing" again and walking the walk and talking the talk!!

Gary- thanks for the positive words!! You are so right. Sometimes we get caught up with the numbers on the scale and forget about the real reason(s) for getting started on our new Healthier lifestyle!! Whatever plan anyone is on, its always for the better. A better lifestlye, better habits, better foods and better choices to make. And the result?...a better me!!!

Have a great day everyone.....we're worth it!!

EZMONEY
03-12-2002, 11:21 PM
Hi Ladies--
Just a quick note-- Carly, I didn't mean all the photos were fake, I just find a few to be questionable--I also believe the BFL works from the research I did--My question was how well for MOST people. I am a BELIEVER also. Boating, Great news on your energy, just in time for good weather. Tracy keep pushing and congrats on the loss! Angel-eyes, no problem-refocus and just start over-it's no big thing!!
For those that asked--the potatoes we are doing for church is on Wed. night--- It is a baked potato bar[ sour cream, chives, salsa, butter,chili,bacon bits,cheese sauce, broccoli, etc.] with salad and pears. Our church provides a dinner on the Wed. nights before service for Lent [I am a Lutheran]. As a convience for our members-- go to work, grab kids, come eat and go to service to learn what Jesus has done for us. It is a fund raiser for my BOARD OF CHRISTIAN LIFE of which I am chairperson[my wife is my sole member!!] Any profit helps set off over expenses on other social activities. The cost of the food was $180--we will probably take in around $240 so we will make approx. $60 profit for 2 hours of shopping, setting up chairs and tables for 100 and clean-up, all in all 3 hours Wed. night--plus my wife is taking the day off work to bake the potatoes at home prior to going and I will need to leave work early by an hour or so to make sure set up is done in time. Am I BRIGHT or what?? Don't answer that!!!
Later you good lookin' ladies--God Bless each of you and your families--Gary

carps
03-13-2002, 05:34 AM
Gary... as someone who has fundraised for the church for years _ I can tell you there are easier ways to earn $60.00. ;) In fact we just raised approximately $3000.00 over a three month period to offset costs for our upcoming family camp. :eek:
Anyway - I like the baked potato bar Idea and can see a lot of potential. In New Zealand, potato is a huge part of our diet. Most families would eat potatoes in some form every night with their dinner.

Body for Life is working really well for me, and my husband who has lost 15.4 pounds in 5 weeks. Yes - it is VERY hard work, but we were ready for a lifestyle change and thats what we've done.
So far I'm loving it.

Its turned out that I have to be out every night this week - and it does make it a challenge for me and hubby to both fit in work, and work outs as well. Whats exciting, is that for the first time ever in my long history of dieting my workouts are a priority and now so much a part of my lifestyle that I just FIND A WAY to fit them in. It is simply not an option to just skip a day, in fact I have only missed two days in six weeks and that was due to illness. It is such an awesome feeling to be in control of this area (instead of food controlling me!)-
we are learning to "honour self promises". & the impact is huge.

anyway - sorry for prattling on - hope you are all doing well
Carly:sheep:
(just had to put the sheep in cos you know we have lots of them here in NZ!)

canoes
03-13-2002, 10:02 AM
Hi all,

Reading your posts this morning is helping me greatly.
Been feeling really down the last few days. It didn't help that
yesterday was the day from h--l at work. Too many cheifs that don't know what they are doing and not enough of us little guys. Is it just where I work or does everyone find that there is so much hustle and bustle and everyone is always yelling at each other.

In the past if I had a bad day I would have icecream or something really nasty. Last night at supper I didn't have the icecream and felt really good about it. BUT...... before bed I did a healthy eating trip. I tried to look at it positively instead of a huge sandwich I had a wrap with salmon in it and instead of a whole bag of chips I had about 3 handfuls. BUT..... still beating
myself up badly. Wondering if it is really worth it. Can anyone give me a good kick in the butt!!!!!

I love to quilt and don't have aplace to leave my sewing machine set up all the time. When I got home last night my husband had made a spot in the corner of the den with my own desk for my machine. This should make me really happy but was too hyper after the day at work to really appreciate it. Will try to throw myself into quilting and get out of the dumps I am in.

Just don't feel like I am ever going to get any thinnner!!!!!
Need motivation +++++++

Now that I have been such a downer, hope everyone else's day is going much better. Pretty dull and dreary day here.
My nephew is coming for a visit maybe that will cheer me up!

Take care all,
Canoes:cry:

angel-eyes
03-13-2002, 11:42 AM
Hi Canoes. Yes....been there, done that. My weekend was basically, (well Sunday for sure...) a free for all. I started well with good intentions and did a great grocery shop. When I came home, there was dh working in the yard clearing out the scrub and scraggles of brush. Within 2 hrs, a friend of his dropped by and then all work stopped and the beers started to flow. Next thing another friend stopped by and more beer. Well, I guess I got a little envious...why should I work and finish the laundry when I could be outside enjoying the sunny 70f weather. So after giving myself permission to 'enjoy' the day, I started thinking....hey the guys need some munchies....out came the tortialla chips and salsa. From there it was downhill. Cookies, chips, pudding....at least I can say I did it with moderation. But adding up all the "indulgences" at one time did put me way over in my pts!! And I'm blaming it on the guys!! ( lol )

But Monday came around and then I got back on track.....back to my regular foods and journalling my points. So you see? IT HAPPENS!! but the real lesson is learning from it, and turning it around before a major slide happens. YOU CAN DO IT!! Now with several great days backing me up, I know I'm back on track. But if, I let that slide happen...who know's how long I would have been off plan.

ps....I thought your hubby was a real sweetie for setting up your table. He deserves a big hug. what a nice thing to do for you!

boatingmommy
03-14-2002, 12:01 PM
Well, it's Thursday...weigh-in day! Yuck!!! Well, I can report only a half pound loss for this week. I know I was good this week and excercised every day, sooo...I am not going to get discouraged. I will keep doing what I have been doing...and see what happens next week.

The weather here is great today, except for the monster winds. I hope to get out after work and go for a walk. If not, I think I'll do Miss Annoying (Tracy Austin) workout tape.

I went to Goody's yesterday. I don't know if you guys have these stores. Kind of like a Kohl's or Gordman's. Anyways....I saw some really cute swimsuits. I eyed up some of the tankini's and am hoping that come May I can slip one of those on and look good! Not just "oh, she looks fine in that suit" BUT "WOW! Look at the BABE in the suit over there!!! Wonder if she's with someone?" THAT Kind of good. To which I'll have to reply that I already have a sweetie pie of my own. BUT.... Okay, break the day dreaming...

Well, I hope you all are having a GREAT day!!!! Hope to hear from you soon.

Boating
Oh, by the way, Canoes, I agree with Angel...what a sweet husband to give you a little space to do your thing. Quilting is vitually impossible to do with food in your hands, so I am sure it is good for a healthy mind and body!

EZMONEY
03-14-2002, 07:30 PM
Hi Everyone- The potato dinner went o.k.--kind of felt like we were having a party and nobody came for awhile! We had 57 people counting the 8 helpers--made a profit of $6.00--yes that's 6 bucks! Oh well--- Carly, I know I said fundraiser but I really didn't mean that exactly---what we try to do is provide dinner before Lent service at an economical price--$4--$12 max. per family--if we would have gotten the 80 people we realistically had hoped for we would have netted $76. It is mostly a way to help people get their families to church for Lent services--so glad the BFL is working for you and your husband---it is nice to have your spouse work with you isn't it? I am very fortunate in that regard, we do alot of training together.
Canoes why don't you try to treat yourself with something healthy after a bad day for awhile and see how that works--I know after I stay off the junk for awhile my body doesn't crave it as much. Angel-eyes I live your attitude opn re-focusing- Boating, that one-half pound loss just makes you look that much HOTTER!!!!
Love you guys--off to my Christian Thread then to my son"s softball game---no exercise today for me.

angel-eyes
03-15-2002, 02:22 PM
Hello Ladies, and EZ$. Well, not a good weighin. Tommorow,(my regular weighin) was not a good day for my meeting due to activities for the boys so I took the bull by the horns and rather miss a meeting went today. BIG MISTAKE!! I am so upset I could cry for the frustration. This is my 8 th weighin and I've only lost 8 lbs. I thought for sure a loss was going to happen. And other than a few little slips early on a couple of weeks,( but I've had the points to cover them.....) I have stayed true to my pts and really doing well. I think better, and I know I eat better.....so whats the problem then? I am very very discouraged!! I want this to work!!! and I'm so frustrated!!!! (#*??%&$#@!) Not that , that will help....but I feel angry with myself even though I'm following plan, and like I've said before....walking the walk and talking the talk. Any ideas? suggestions? pull-eaze!!

boatingmommy
03-15-2002, 04:26 PM
Okay Gals and Guy!!! Where are you hiding? Come out, come out, wherever you are!!! I was looking forward to reading some stuff since yesterday was weigh-in, and....not much happened! Now...I know that these are tough times....and it's easy to give up. But....I NEED YOU ALL SOOOO MUCH....DON"T LEAVE ME!!!!

Angel. I don't know anything about weight watchers. I don't know anything about counting points. What I do know is that I have lost two pant sizes since Jan. 1. From size 18 to size 14 and I haven't counted anything, or weighed anything (except my butt!) I honestly think that the best weapon I have used is asking myself "Am I really hungry, or just eating? Is eating this (Brownie) worth the frustration of stepping on the scale and not seeing what I want?" Another trick is...before I sit down and start eating I mentally picture myself thinner (or some skinny chick like Cindy Crawford) and try to imagine what a skinny person eats. I kinda talk to myself and say "would a skinny person eat the left over macaroni off three 1/2 year old's plate?" Of course not! And don't give yourself the "kids are starving in Ethiopia trip...so I shouldn't throw away two spoonsful of food".
Another thing I used to do when I lost the first 50 lbs 2 years ago... I would sometimes eat something because I had "saved calories" (kinda like banking your points) by watching a certain meal. Let's say that I ate a really light lunch and ate good for dinner...so I'd tell myself that I deserved that Hot Fudge Brownie Delight, "and what the heck...I ate really sensible today!" That's great....if you aren't expecting dramatic results. Dramatic results require drastic measures! Drastic measures means keeping to your points, but not necessarily using all of them if you don't need to.
You're walking the walk and talking the talk... It sounds like you are doing what your plan says to do. Another idea is adding a few extra minutes to your excercise, maybe not every day, but to one or two workouts a week. Your body may have a harder time burning fat and the extra couple minutes adds up to another couple hours a month! I know that you are a positive thinker...I have read it the past couple of weeks...so I know that you are going to get past the 8 pound mark!!!
I hope I am being helpful and not sounding like some know-it-all ***** who thinks because she lost a few pounds she is the dieting guru of the universe!!! I have a long way to go, yet. And I have come from where you are at now...so I know YOU CAN DO IT, TOO!!! You will lose that weight..,you will have more energy to play with your boys, you will go out and buy smaller clothes ....YOU WILL be a goddess among women on that beach!!!

YOU WILL!!! I have faith in all of us!!!
Boatingmommy
Everyone, PLEASE write soon!;)

Gennel
03-16-2002, 04:18 PM
Well as many of you already know I was feeling really down last week with no weightloss. But I decided to pick myself up the next day and keep going. I felt frustrated but I knew DEEP down inside that I would NOT quit! Quitting is the worse feeling I could have! Well anyway my weigh in is today and I sneaked on the scale lastnight just hoping to have lost at least 1 lb. Well I lost 4 lbs this week! I'm on my way. I know my body had to budge. All I can say to anyone else who went through a no weight loss week is this" It's totally normal to feel upset because after a good week you didnt lose a pound, But dont let that make you quit"

Starting weight :
2/01/02 : 194 lbs
3/16/02 : 176 lbs I want to lose 35-40 more pounds

Gen

return2tra
03-18-2002, 08:53 AM
Hello everyone! How are you? I am doing good. Had a decent weekend....didn't over-do-it! I am very proud of myself. I am looking forward to the end of the week...Next week is vacation. Hooray! :)

I bought some clothes for vacation this weekend...I was really dreading it. It wasn't so bad. I am down a size and I felt really good about myself. I don't feel so uncomfortable wearing some of the things I have before....this has been good for me, and I thank everyone for their encouragement as well as sharing their own battles to keep us moving on the right track!

Next week is Easter...and I am looking forward to the next challenge already! One at a time though...lets get this one over first.

The weather here is nutty...warm, cold, rain, sunny, snow...we have it all. I can't wait for it to get straightened out so I can get outside more and walk. I am staying after work everyday this week for meetings...I am thinking of bringing my videos along to do afterwards. I would be more prone to doing them then. Once I get home- forget it!

Well better be moving along...time to get to work. I am looking forward to hearing from all of you! Keep up the good work everyone...we are winning the battle of the bulge!

Trace:cool:

Gennel
03-18-2002, 10:26 AM
I havent heard from Gracenote in a while. I looked back at her last post and she was having computer problems. I havent seen the weekly Weigh In for everyone in the Spring Challenge ,now I guess I know why. If anyone feels comfortable with PM me their last weigh loss ,no loss or gain . Please PM it to me so I can post it for this time , until Grace comes back. I miss her Motivational Posts!!!! :( I will just check last week's weigh in losses and add what pounds anyone has lost from there. If this sounds like a bad idea please let me know! I will try to PM grace ,hopefully she could get to read my PM

ttyl, Gen

boatingmommy
03-18-2002, 09:49 PM
Howdy partners!!! Hope you all are doing well. Trace, Glad to hear from you. Vacation, Huh? Going anywhere good? Or are you staying at home and just enjoying NOT being at work? And you bought clothes!!! That is exciting! And a size smaller no less...a testimony to your hard work. Good for you!

I got over one hurdle...St. Patrick's Day celebration. Didn't eat too much, but definitly could have drank less. I payed for it on Sunday. Green beer goes in and comes out...green. UCKY! I am kinda trying to prepare myself for the Easter festivities. My mother and father in law always get a honey baked ham...delicious:T We aren't buying the kiddo much candy for her basket this year. She really doesn't like much of it...and then it sits around and sweetie pie and I eat it. Soo...I hope to keep it under control.

Gennel, way to go with the loss. I'd knew it'd have to come off sometime...you've really been pushing hard!! Swimsuit is looking more attainable all the time.

Gary, haven't heard from you in a couple. How much driving did you do this weekend? And, how is that workout room? Did you get everything put together?

Okay...it's everyone else's turn to smack me...I really am stuck...the scale hasn't budged in two weeks...but I haven't given up. I will admit to being in a huge blue funk.:( :?: :( But I really did want to make that spring challenge a reality. There are a couple of days left...we'll see what happens.

Boating

canoes
03-19-2002, 10:17 AM
Hi everyone, :wave:

Haven't posted in a bit again. Worked 3, 12 hour shifts this weekend and didn't even have the computer on. Walked home from work though on 2 of those nights and it is a mile home. Doesn't sound like much but better than sitting in the car on the way home. I find the walk just clears my head and let me wind down before I get home.

Lost 3 lbs this week. Can't believe it but feeling great.

Sounds like everyone is doing well too.

Keep up the good work everyone!!!! Spring is coming strap on those sneakers and get walking.

Canoes :smug:

Gennel
03-19-2002, 04:13 PM
Ok ladies,
Why arent the people posting here?? :( The last weigh in chart I seen was 3/4/02 . Where is everyone. I hope you guys are still around. Is the Spring Challenge over 3/25 or 26 ? Come on ladies we still have like another week to lose 1-2 lbs WE CAN DO THISSSSS! My weigh in is in four days. I promised myself not to be so upset with myself it shows no weightloss. Does anyone know Gracie's email address? I know she was having problems trying to get into 3fcwebsite but I wonder if she's still able to check her emails... Since the spring challenge ends on the 25 or 26th I will weigh myself on that date and give my lbs lost if any!

Hope those that are feeling blue get back on track, no matter how hopeless you may think it is. Its worse to quit for a few weeks or permanently.
I miss everybody!

Gen

Wisconsin Woman
03-19-2002, 07:17 PM
Hello everyone! Sorry I've been neglegent in posting recently. I do check in on a frequent basis, but am usually in a rush so I just scan the postings. Work has been very VERY busy and has me pretty stressed :( But that's ok because I have the next week off and am going to our cabin in northern Wisconsin. It's on a small lake and no one will be around this time of year..no tv no phone (well cell phone, but only family has the number) no neighbors just peace. I'm SO ready for this! :D I'll check back in in a week or so (no computer)

angel-eyes
03-20-2002, 10:40 AM
Hi and good morning.

Gennel..... I'm not sure when our challenge is over, or when our final weigh in is supposed to be. I used to have Grace's email, but that was before she moved. I also hope she is still on plan and is okay.

Canoes......Good for you, another 3 lbs lost forever!! Yeahh, way to go!!

Return2tra......Wow....shopping for new clothes, sounds like you had a great time. So nice to be able to fit into new ones in a slimmer size. Keep up the great job....that bikini is getting closer and closer!!

Wisconsin Woman......Enjoy your holidays....a little r and r will let you rejuevinate yourself and come back like a new person. Bring a good book and get lost in it.

I have been picking myself up and trying to get up over last weeks hurdle of yet another bad weighin. Yuck...and now I have TOM again, after only 2 weeks.I have been popping in here reading the posts but confess, have not been posting so much....(tsk tsk, naughty angeleyes...lol) Hope everyone is doing well, not much going on here....but am trying to follow my pts and go for a nice half hour morning walk each day. I'm hoping the walks help for a bit of a loss, if not.....at least I'm enjoying them! take care

boatingmommy
03-21-2002, 09:44 AM
Well, I feel like I have been abandoned...not much posting going on around here.:(

I weighed this morning...the scale said 173...that's one more pound. Not too dramatic...but not too shabby either. This was to be our last couple of days for spring challenge. I missed my goal by one pound...but at least I lost the other seven. So, I guess I am overall okay with the results.

I will check back after work and see if anyone else is still out there. I miss all of you who haven't posted....hope you write soon!

Boating

angel-eyes
03-21-2002, 11:03 AM
Hi Boatingmommy. Please don't feel abandoned....I'm here thru thick and thin,... lol . I am here and am trying to shed some weight although its tough, TOM here again and after only 2 weeks. Geez....when will I ever get a break? All I'm trying to do it seems lately is try to lose the couple I recently gained...you know the +1,-2, +1.8, -1.....get the idea? I'm not trying to get too down, but at times its very frustrating. And at times, I'm taking it day by day, but its all I can do is to eat my pts and journal. My body must be rebelling to get past this plateau level. BUT I"M WORTH IT!!! Way to go on losing another pound.....GREAT JOB!!!

return2tra
03-21-2002, 02:08 PM
Hi there! I am not giving up! I have lost a total of 4lbs! Yee-haw! I am very excited and looking forward to losing some more....however: Next week is vacation~EEK! I will try to be good! At least I know I will be getting a lot of exercise!

I will not give up on us Boating...I don't know where everyone else is...I hope they return soon.

I went to the doctor this morning to have some blood tests done...I really hate going to the doctor. I am a nervous wreck everytime I go. I hope everything turns out alright. Luckily my best friend works there...so at least she will call and get results tomorrow before I leave. That way I will not be worried all through vacation.

Are we finished with our challenge...are we ready to have a MayDay Challenge????????

Boy I am a chatter box today! Take care and post soon.

We will be the babes of the beach! Keep up all your good work!

Trace

Gennel
03-21-2002, 03:18 PM
I went back to the earlier posts all the way to 2/28 Gracie was still asking for ladies to PM her their Spring Goals because she only had mine andhers . And I checked my personal calendar and I had written on it (spring challenge 3/25 ) It's over? I got to my goal which was 7 lbs .So I better not be a spoiled brat lol . I wish Gracie was back already! I'm going for a 9lb goal by April 19. Well I sure hope that my 6 hrs of fast walking per week and the two Tae Bo exercises that I started twice a week will help! lol

Keep it up!
Gen

Gracenote
03-22-2002, 01:27 PM
Well, I hope this works! I've been trying to post for weeks!!!!

I miss you guys SO MUCH! It's next to impossible to try to lose weight with no support!!!!! I really need you guys. I haven't gone jogging and I haven't been eating well either. I really hope I can start posting again regularly... This website was giving me so many problems about logging in and such.... Thanks Gennel and Angel for your kind thoughts! I hope to be up and running by the beginning of next week. My TOM is visiting right now, and I'm just not in the moooood. But boy has my self esteem been low since I've been off plan. It's amazing how great I feel when I know I'm doing something good for my body!!!!! I really miss that feeling. I miss looking on the scale seeing a LOSS for a change! Well, I'm so ready to get back on track...

I noticed that you guys haven't really been posting that much either... WELL... get those fingers moving! We need to keep this thread going! I'm thinking of starting a Beach Bound Bikini Babes #3 because this one is getting quite long.. 8 pages!! Wow, I think that's great.

Well, I love you guys! Have a great day and hope to hear from you all!!

God Bless,
Gracie

Gracenote
03-22-2002, 01:28 PM
IT WORKED! I'M BAAAAACK!!!!!!!!

boatingmommy
03-22-2002, 04:49 PM
Grace...so glad to see your little name on my messages!!! We have got to get back to MOTIVATION TIME!!! I bought a new video today. It's Minna Lessig's Fat Eliminator tape. I thought I'd give it a try since I am addicted to the Emergency Workout tape. I just like the fact that she's not sooo complicated with her movements that you have to be a choreographer to get the moves. I'll let you guys know what I think after I have done it a couple of times.

I also had to buy some new black pants today. Unfortunatly, they're for the funeral of my sister-in-laws grandmother. Very sad,...but she was 89 and had lived a very exciting and fulfulling life. Back to the pants....size 14!!!:smug: Tickled me to death to have them on. I have been wearing my size 18s, but my husband said they looked like clown pants cause they were so baggy...so I bought new ones!!! You guys know what else I did. I pulled out a pair of the size 22 and put them on. WOW!!! Did that make me proud of myself. Now I am staring down the road at that last 23 pounds!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!:^: Then there's the maintenance!!! You all give me so much strength...hope you know that.

You know I read back over the posts lately...and it seems like we have been bummed out a little lately...but I notice there are some really good weight losses going on...and even when there isn't a loss, it seems like everyone knows that they have to dig in and keep trying. We are REALLY doing well. Our thoughts about food and our bodies are changing and that's sooo important.

Spring is coming....and just that thought alone is cheering me up! A mayday challenge or a Mother's Day Challenge might work. I'd be happy to keep the chart this time if anyone wants to give it a go.

Well, Suzie Chatterbox has got to go. Happy Friday everyone!!!
Boating

angel-eyes
03-22-2002, 05:15 PM
Wow...Boatingmommy.....slow down a bit.....YOU ARE PUMPED!! I'm hoping its going to rub off on me!! You must be so proud, from a size 22....to size 18.....to a size 14. WAY TO GO. I'm sorry to hear about your sil's grandmother, but on the other hand....its true, she did have a good long life. We can all hope to live as long as she did. I'd be interested to know how that video is. I've never heard of her. But hey? if it works right?

Gracenote....Hey Gracie? Glad to have you back!! I missed you and after awhile we were all starting to get worried. Thanks for the pm, by the way.

Well, I'm as ready for my next weigh in as I'll ever be. I've been pretty legal, and honest with my points, journalling everyday, and actually enjoying my food more. Tommorow's the day, ....gain or loss, I'll be right here. I really enjoy our group of cyber friends here. Thanks to all of my beach buddy bikini's!!!

Gracenote
03-22-2002, 05:39 PM
Boating Mommy, I love the idea of a May Day Challenge! BTW I'm so glad you want to do the chart because I don't know when the computer might act up again! I'm really sorry about not being able to finish what I started last time! I feel like such a dork :(

Anyway, Talk to you all later!

((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))

Gracie

p.s. Let me tell you.. it's true what they say.. "you don't know what you've got until it's gone!" I missed you guys too much!

EZMONEY
03-22-2002, 09:59 PM
Hello there you hot bikini babes! Been busy all week between church activities--MARCH MADNESS {which my wife just loves!! HA-HA} all three of the kids softball, tennis and track meets--and that dreadful 4 letter word, WORK!!
I have been keeping up on you guys even if I haven't posted. You are doing super!!! If you aren't reaching your goal as you wished just set a new one. As long as you continue to go forward [even if there are a few stalls along the way] you will be successful!!! It is a lifestyle change for the better-- no need to get upset or down if you fail to reach the weight limits by the date you set-- each and every one of us need to have realistic goals that work for us. Two steps forward-one step back is still progress!!! Getting too down on yourselves where you can't even take that one step is not what God intends for you-- you can all achieve something wonderful in your process even if it isn't your desired weight!! Remember--- eat for YOUR HEALTH!!! your loved ones need you!!! <>< Gary

canoes
03-23-2002, 09:36 AM
Hi everyone, :wave:

Glad to hear you are back Grace!!!!

Lost 2 lbs this week myself, been walking alot more and actually enjoying it. Had a lot of snow here yesterday though so not as excited about getting out right now. Spring is coming and will strap on the running shoes.

I think a May challenge is in order. It will help me greatly.

Keep up the great work everyone we can lick (lol) this one step at a time!!!!!!!

Have a great week!
Canoes ;)

angel-eyes
03-23-2002, 03:25 PM
Hi everyone!!! Yes...you heard right...I finally did it!!! After 9 weeks of weight watchers...(and pondering my existance) I have finally lost 10 lbs....count'em....1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and that last hard one for10!!!!

Gosh you know, my expectations were a little higher than that, but at todays meeting there was a client who has lost 97 lbs. When we were discussing her success; she started to relate that it has taken her over 2 years to do this incredible journey. And that rather than get frustrated (as we all do) as she was graphing her losses, she started to notice that she never really had any large amounts. It was always 1 lb, or a bit of a gain or 2 lbs max lost.

And actually, more important was the fact that usually she only lost 2 out of the 4 weeks in a month, sometimes 3 but NEVER EVERY WEEK. So rather than get discouraged...she felt at peace that her body knew what was best, and that slow and steady she would shed the pounds. Isn't that interesting? So here I am, listening to her and could identify EXACTLY TO WHAT SHE WAS SAYING!! I was discussing this very fact just before the meeting started with another client, who in the same time period has lost 16lbs.(her dh has lost 24 lbs) so you see..... WE ARE ALL UNIQUE AND AS INDIVIDUAL AS THE PROGRAM CAN BE!!! I am so glad to have heard her, and I know I will be frustrated from time to time....know that I can do this....and just have to get used to my body knowing what is right. (HA!!...A LIGHTBULB MOMENT, as Oprah would say)

boatingmommy
03-25-2002, 10:40 AM
Okay Beach Bounders...Time to start a new thread. Gonna try to start a new one in the support section....Under the title: Back to the Beach.

Look for it there.

Boating