South Beach Diet - Happy Humpday Chat!

View Full Version : Happy Humpday Chat!

cottagebythesea
03-05-2008, 06:00 AM
Coffee's ready, everyone! Teapot is ready to go, too. :)

I hope this morning finds everyone healthy. There is so much sickness going on around here, they even closed a school yesterday because of it. Audrey's feeling better, but I think we're going to keep her home one more day. I'll have to see how she's feeling before I decide whether or not to let her go to her dance lessons this afternoon, too.
So there's nothing exciting going on here today, except that I may have to row over to Curves, we got a lot of rain overnight!

femmecreole
03-05-2008, 06:15 AM
Cottage, be careful driving around on those wet streets! And hope Audrey is better soon. Good idea keeping her home one more day. It never ceases to amaze me when people send 1/2 sick kids back to school..it's so much better to make sure they feel better before sending them back after being ill.

Busy Busy today...have to start getting my house in order for my daughter's arrival tomorrow night. So much to do, so little time. I found a great recipe (http://www.southbeachcenturyclub.com/recipe.php?id=338) yesterday that we had for dinner. The "dipping sauce" made a ton, so I think I'm going to use the rest of it on chicken and pasta today. I just used lean stew meat instead of the expensive stuff and it was still very good...but it would also work with chicken very well.

Loriann7
03-05-2008, 06:19 AM
we have nothing but Ice...Winter storm is here, the area, streets everything nothing but ice.

sorry, cant stay and chat, just woke up, 2 hours late again and need a shower. schools are closed, but college is open so I have to wake the kid.

cottagebythesea
03-05-2008, 06:23 AM
Mmmmm, that recipe does look good, Cat. I bookmarked it, and I'm going to make mine with chicken. Thanks for sharing it. :) I bet you are so excited about your DD coming in tomorrow!

Loriann, be careful out there in that ice!!!!

Ruthxxx
03-05-2008, 07:21 AM
"I will never budge 'til Spring".......I'm with Julie this morning! Woke to ice pellets against the east windows at three and it's still going. I am so darn glad I can just stay home today - pats self on back for changing ortho appointment to yesterday.

Cottage, they closed a school because of sickies? That's pretty serious. You hang onto those precious girlies until they are all better.

Cat, once again you've posted a good recipe. I have lots of roasted red peppers in the freezer and may try the recipe with chicken. It'll have to be on the GF grill because my BBQ is covered with snow and ice at the moment.

Loriann, sorry you are running late. Be careful out there! I know you are south of the Lake and the radar shows lots of crud in the area.

Hershey and I have had breakfast, she's been out in the crud, we threw another stick into the fire and now we're set for the day! I have the Church Bulletin to write and print and some Fair Board stuff on the list plus working on quilt projects - five at the moment.

The visit to the ortho yesterday went very well. He's pleased with my progress and says my expectations were too high. :shrug: Apparently the surgery was more extensive and complicated than usual so recovery will be slow. I sure was tired after the drive to town which kind of proves I'm still convalescing, I guess.

Let's see if I can find some spring flowers to cheer us up.

Here's a pic of forsythia that I brought in and forced into bloom in my sunny back window. This is from last March but the landscape is still the same - snow, snow, snow!

pamatga
03-05-2008, 07:33 AM
Morning, ladies, just a quick hello before I eat my breakfast. I think I am going to have my "usual". I am soooo boring.

I know that the winter is really dragging for you northerners but down here we get tired of bare trees and it looking so "dead". Of course, with spring comes spring allergies but that is another thread, right? lol

Have a good one, all of you, I actually got on early, imagine that??? lol;)

little chick
03-05-2008, 07:55 AM
Morning Ladies, it is kinda of raining here, but we are susposed to get 6 hours of freezing rain. Hope it stays away til after I get dd back from her drs app. The dance mom thing ended up going on again all day yesterday. As another mother piped in. I am hoping that that was the end of it. But this is a shortned version. 3 mothers made up the committee, for 3 years. Parents were complaining, so the owners asked them if they wanted a break. Now they are telling everyone they were fired. Then the new committee came in. I was only going to be a back up for the new leader. She freaked out with all the tensions from two of these moms, so I was up to bat. There are personality conflicts between one of the old moms and one of the moms on the committee. Anyway we had a adult dance fundraiser which one mom was not involved in as she had to work and h*ll broke loose from there. It has been just a nightmare. I could give you more details but I don't think there is enough space. lol. Anyway we know have to hubbys involved. I am waiting for April to be over as I don't think my dd is going to compete after this dance year as she is going to be a teacher. So we will have to do one more competition is Nov but it is here in the city so I don't really have to fundraise for that one. Sorry chicks but someone asked. Hope you all have a good day, I am hoping mine will be a better one. See ya LC

Spiritmagejkt
03-05-2008, 08:17 AM
Little chick I thought you guys were getting a snow storm over there!!! We're getting some ice here too but not as heavy as NB. Guess I'll do Yoga today. I'm not into walking on ice. We lost power for a short time this morning.

I have another day off today and work tommorow and friday. Well.... orientation. My Permenent residency paperwork is Finally off in the mail. We celebrated with a very lean sirloin steak, not really a break from the diet but a bit expensive anyway. Maybe I'll get the test results today.

tomandkara
03-05-2008, 08:29 AM
Linda, I thought the rain was done for the day, but a quick peek outside shows it teeming now! Goodness. Glad I got my run in earlier when it was not pouring buckets from the heavens! Hope Audrey feels better!

Cat, thanks for posting that recipe. That site looks terrific - I'll have to bookmark it!

Loriann, be careful on that ice!

Ruth, I'm glad your appointment went well! Take it easy, now.

Pam, what's your usual? We're having steel cut oats this morning (the crockpot recipe). I was talking it up to my mom the other day and promised her a taste the next time I did them, so I'll have to run a Glad container over there sometime today.

Oh, LC. What a disaster! Sounds worth of a reality show!!!

Jen, I'm crossing my fingers that your test results come back wonderful!

Well, I should get some breakfast in my belly. The kids have their first gymnastics class this morning, so that should be fun! They're really looking forward to it - Kadyn I think more for the leotard than the actual class! She loves to dress up!

I'll chat at ya later!

Kara

tkglenn
03-05-2008, 08:33 AM
Good morning all. Nothing much here today. I've told myself I am gonna stay on track today. And really try to throw some exercise in it too and really try to stick with it. I've lost 10 pounds and stuck at that, I know I can do another 10. We are getting rid of one puppy today. I am really sad. She was our only female, very pretty dog. She is a female, you can see it. She's very feminine and petite (like her mommy). I will surely miss her. DH named her Lola. I am the caretaker of these dogs and I really got attached to them. Although, their kennel stinks and the house is beginning to smell like it and it's making me sick. I will be glad when all (but the one we are keeping) are gone and I don't have to clean up after them. I am tired today. Everyone have a good day and stay warm and dry.

FluffyK
03-05-2008, 08:41 AM
Cottage - Sometimes I actually like when one of my kids is home and not "so" sick. It gives me some time to spend with them that I might not otherwise get. That, and I can SPOIL them individually!

Femme - I'm not a grilled meat person, but that dipping sauce sounds yummy. I bet it would be good with grilled shrimp, too.

Loriann - Did I ask you where in NY you were? I'm near Buffalo.

Pam - I started allergy shots in the fall, and I'm hoping by spring I'll have enough immunity that I won't have spring allergies. Here's hoping, at least.

LC - I despise catty people. They should just grow up, you know?

I have a lot of running around to do today. It's my first day "out" on P1, so I have to plan ahead, I know. I'm just not sure what to take, so I'll probably take some of everything. I have a lot to do to get ready, so I really should shove off soon.

Last night was an emotional night for me. I made it through without running to food, though - I was so proud of myself. I even lost another pound as of this morning - that's THREE! I think that now that I've found you ladies, this will finally be the time I stick with it. Thank you!

So, my emotional night is summed up by this: I am supposed to go to school in the fall, as I mentioned. I'm wanting to go to a specific master's program. By the time I would finish, I would be near 40, but that wasn't a problem. What finally HIT me was that my kids would still be too young. I had been thinking that I'd get a job where I could start early and be home when they get home (I have to pick them up), but I had completely forgotten about summers.

I basically came to the conclusion that it really doesn't make sense for me to go back to school because I couldn't start in my new field until I'm closer to 45. A little too late for that. Now when the end of summer comes, I'm going to look for something part-time that I can be off from school with the kids. I know it's nearly impossible, but that's what I"ll have to do. I've got a little pity party going (no cake) because I was really starting to think that I might finally succeed on my own. Things I should have thought of when having four kids, but didn't.

And no, I couldn't put my kids in daycare all summer. It's just not something I could do.

Well, gotta go get stuff ready for the day.

tomandkara
03-05-2008, 08:50 AM
Aw, Krystal. I'm sorry things aren't working out for school. Why don't you go ahead with the classes anyway, even if you don't end up going right to work? You'd still have the degree and be able to use it once your kids are old enough. It's important to have something that is "yours". I completely understand!

Tawnya, here's some :dust: for you! Good luck today!

Kara

tkglenn
03-05-2008, 08:57 AM
thanks kara, i need it

GONNABE165
03-05-2008, 08:58 AM
:( Sorry no personals for me today as late lastnight I got word that my grandmother (my dads mom) had pseed away. She had dementia(sp?) & alzheimers(sp?) They called in hospice around the time my dad passed in October and hospice thought it was best not to tell her my dad was gone but they finally told her as she was asking for him like crazy (he was her only son & a bit of her favorite) so on Friday hospice told my aunts to go ahead and tell her that my dad was already waiting for her and they did & she passed lastnight around 9pm.

I am thankful she will no longer suffer as she was a pretty big woman but had gotten down to 80lbs and her mind was bad as she was talking as she was living in the time my dada was a child - it was a sad situation.

I am feeling so many different emotions as I have lost so man people in the last year 2 aunts, 1 uncle, my dad & now my grandmother however I still say all glory goes to God!

Sorry to have made such a dull in your day but I wanted you guys to know as to why I did not do personals.

May you all have a happy & healthy day! I will try & check back later

femmecreole
03-05-2008, 09:23 AM
Fluffy et al....
Yep I think that sauce would be good on anything...pasta,shrimp, chicken, fish, veggies (would be wonderful on eggplant with parm or mozz. cheese)
It is a definate keeper.

Chick, sounds like those Moms are really setting a "great" example for their kids, huh? Do as I say and not as do!!

beachgal
03-05-2008, 09:42 AM
:wave: Mornin' everyone!

Cottage, I'm so sorry there's so much sickness! It's a vicious cycle as kids pass it to adults, who pass it to each other at work, who pass it back to the kids at school, who give it to the kids at daycare, etc. :( I hope Audrey feels much better soon! We got the same rain, only it was the freezing kind. There are bent-over bushes (from the weight of the ice) in my yard that I've never seen bend before! :eek:

Oooh, Cat, that looks delicious! :T Great idea for the sauce! By the way, I found a great deal on Arrowroot--I think it was Bob's Red Mill or one of those companies. It came in a medium-sized bag and was sold near the more exotic flours (like garbanzo bean and spelt). I'd been spending so much money buying the little jars in the spice aisle--this is much cheaper!

It's awesome that you still have snow days over there, Loriann! We're out of 'em so they're just doing 2 hour delays here, even though it's the same thing! I shoveled 2 inches of "snowcone" ice off our sidewalks last night while DH did the driveway. I love snow, but I hate ice! :tantrum:

Forcing Forsythias! That's so much fun, Ruth! If this ice doesn't ruin the Forsythia bush in our neighbor's yard (it conveniently reaches over our fence... :devil: ), I'll have to try that! It's been a while and they sure do make things feel more cheerful! I'm SO behind this year for spring, though I'm definitely pining for it. I haven't started any seeds yet, still have all the Christmas decorations up on the front of the house (I know--I'm waiting for a warm day so my fingers can actually work, but we haven't had any on a day when I'm not working! Argh! :p ), and none of my Spring decorations are up! :shrug: I need to get to work!

Pamatga, I just saw a review (http://www.iateapie.net/reviews/archives/2008/03/boca_breakfast.php)for these Boca Breakfast wraps. They're made with WW tortillas and Boca burgers are one of the recommended foods in the original book, right? I don't have the nutritional info, so you might want to look it up, but it might be a good variation for breakfast! :T

Oh, LC, what a mess! As hard as it is, people need to accept the truth when others feel they aren't doing a good job. :hug: Those women are upset about what happened and probably hurt, too, but that isn't YOUR fault or anyone else's and they don't have the right to take it out on you. I'm so sorry you have to deal with it, but glad that it'll all be over soon. Congrats to your talented daughter for becoming a teacher! :D

Spirit, I'm jealous of your yoga! I miss it! :love:

Kara, I had some of Monday's crockpot steel cut oats for breakfast this morning. They're even better reheated! :T Thanks again. I'm so glad you guys are there long enough for the kiddos to enjoy some activities in the area!

Hey, TK! I don't know how people do it--I'd have the hardest time giving away an animal I cared for! :( But you can't have a gazillion puppies! My friend's girlfriend has two unfixed dogs, male and female, and they've had two litters (not planned! :mad: ). She finally got them fixed, but in the meantime, has kept three of the puppies, so they have a houseful of dogs and it makes him crazy! She must be exhausted looking after them all, but I understand how hard it must have been to let them go. :( Our pup is dealing with some incontinence issues from crystals in her urine, so I hear you about the smell!

Hey, Fluffy! :hug: Congrats on making it through without turning to food! You're just starting and yet you're doing something I still haven't learned to do well! YGG!!! :yay: I hear you on your dreams, but I love this quote (and think it's TOTALLY true!!!):
"It's never too late to become what you might have been." -George Elliot
I also believe in the theory from the book The Alchemist--when you are on your true Path, the entire universe conspires to help you succeed. I understand your feelings about leaving your children in day care. I don't think it's a bad thing, but I don't think I could do it with my own kids. However, that's NOT the only option! :D

What about summer day camp? My mom stayed home with us for our entire time at home (i.e. until college), but I was dying to go to summer day camp with my friends. I did that for several summers, very happily! My sisters were very jealous and I know they would have loved to go too!
Don't assume that your kids will want to be home every day in the summer for the rest of their lives. As they get older, they will probably want to get summer jobs, have sports camps/practices during the day, etc. You might not feel comfortable getting a job now, but give it time and you may find yourself at home alone a lot!
Lots of businesses allow flexible hours or different schedules to acommodate parents. For instance, my friend's sister is a teacher but wants to be home with her kids. She co-teaches with another teacher in the same position. Michelle teaches every Monday and Tuesday. Her co-teacher teaches every Thursday and Friday, and they take turns doing Wednesday every other week. So, at most, she works three days a week. Other friends of mine work at places where they can go in very early and leave early, or go in late and leave late. Or maybe your work will let you work extra hours during the school year and take off the time you earned during the summer as comp time. Don't assume it's not possible!
Do you have friends who have kids that are friends of your children? Perhaps you could offer money (or swap time, maybe in the evenings--they take care of your kids during the day and you take care of their kids in the evening so they can go out with their spouse) to those parents for keeping your kids during the day. They'd be able to hang out with a friend (which they might want to do all day anyway, even if you were home), but it wouldn't be like day care. I have friends who swap babysitting days. For instance, my friend whose sister has that flex teaching schedule swaps with my friend. Ange's husband watches Michelle's kids when she's teaching and she watches their son when she's off, so Ange's husband can work for at least two days a week. It works out!

Most importantly, you don't know what the future will bring! You intend to only take a couple of years in school, but maybe it will take longer. If you get the degree now, you'll be ready when the opportunity to take a job happens. Why not get that part out of the way now, while you have the energy? :hug: You'll be that much closer to your dream...

Me:
Off to the gym after work, then the usual craziness at home--snack, dog feeding and walk, shower, make dinner, eat dinner, all in 2 hours--and off to Faith Formation class. I think we might use the rosary tonight, which would be good since I have to do one as penance and I've never done it!

I shoveled last night but, so far, am not as sore as I was last time. I tried, very hard, to lift the snow with my legs and not my back and I hope that helped. DH and I had such a nice, relaxing evening since our respective meetings/practices were canceled. We played with the dog, relaxed on the couch, and had the most delicious pizza for dinner! :drool: DH outdid himself--he combined some kind of sheep's cheese (just a little) with LF mozzerella, chicken andouille sausage, mushrooms and other veggies, and some kind of sauce involving basil. He used fresh WW pizza dough from Wegman's that had been rising all day. It was divine! I was amazed that two little pieces filled me up enough that I didn't end up in the kitchen until it was time for dessert!!!

Hope everyone has a great day and stays warm and safe! :sunny:

CyndiM
03-05-2008, 09:47 AM
Just a quick good morning - I'm sneaking a peak while at the office. It's sloppy here - some ice but mostly just warm enough to be manageable.

Krystal- I sure hope 45 isn't too old to start a new career! I'm almost 47 and planning to go back to school to switch careers. That will make me 50 and I still think I can pull it off. I'm guessing our generation won't retire until 70 and spending 25 extra years in a job you no longer like sounds kind of depressing. that's my logic anyway :) Employers are also getting more family friendly so you may be able to find something that works with your family.

Okay, now to get back to my job!

Have a good day Chicks!

beachgal
03-05-2008, 09:58 AM
Oh, Gonna, I'm so sorry! :hug: It's been a hard couple of years, eh? :( Please don't feel bad about not doing personals...we all understand. Just as a reminder, this is a great place to vent your feelings so you don't try to use food to soothe the pain. Feel free to talk about it anytime, okay? :hug: Hearing about your many losses makes me think about a character in the book, Annie Freeman's Fabulous Traveling Funeral by Kris Radish. She has suffered many, many deaths recently and is closing herself off to life to save herself from the pain. She learns a lot on the journey described in the book (which is fabulous and funny and very smart).

Hi, Cyndi! Congrats on changing careers! I agree with you about working longer in life...that does seem to be the trend!

Kim_Star060404
03-05-2008, 10:42 AM
Hey everyone! Quick fly-by posting today. Back at work for the first time since last Wednesday, so it's CRAZY!! Hope you all have a good day.

femmecreole
03-05-2008, 10:48 AM
Gonna...so very sorry to hear about your Grandmother! I'm sure there was a very happy reunion with your Dad when she left here. After almost 2 years (hard to believe) I am still missing my Daddy horribly, but like to believe he'll be the first person I see when I get to where I'm going!

And, Krystal, my advice would be go ahead and go to school. There will always be some kind of obstacle in the way "kid wise" so no use delaying what you really want to do Happy mommies make happy kids (btw< my keyboard here seems to have gone nuts>>>can"t make periods!!

GONNABE165
03-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Cat you made me cry - thank you!

Spiritmagejkt
03-05-2008, 11:00 AM
Just a quick stop I passed my Nursing board exams. I'm now official in Nova Scotia and US now. Boy what a relief.

TechieGrrl09
03-05-2008, 11:53 AM
Just a quick drop in for me today. I am so nervous! I am off to get my eye surgery today. It is the common LASIK procedure for vision correction, but I am still freaking out! My husband went and had it done before me, to help me not get nervous. But just between you and me...it didn't help. :( I have backed out of it once before about four years ago. But now I am determined. I went for a pre-op visit yesterday and found out that I was borderline to be operated on. That really, really, ..., really upset me. But after a serious of questions to the doctor, and something I am most comfortable with (some hardcore math) I was comfortable with the answers and where I lie in the "borderline" of "acceptable". So, I won't be able to check in until tomorrow afternoon, and it is going to kill me! I read this forum so often. :( Ah Spring Break.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday! Spring is such a beautiful time of the year.

TechieGrrl09
03-05-2008, 11:59 AM
Spirit: CONGRATULATIONS that is awesome!

:high:

GONNABE165
03-05-2008, 12:00 PM
Good luck intech Lasik eye surgery is my reward when I reach goal

beachgal
03-05-2008, 12:13 PM
:congrat: Spirit! That's great!

Best of luck, TN. They've done these procedures for years and years now, so you know they'll do it well. The worst I've heard of happening is a friend of mine who got very little eyesight improvement despite several adjustments. I figure other than the lost money, that's not too bad for the "worst" situation. ;)

little chick
03-05-2008, 12:14 PM
just a quick pop in. DD has to go have exrays and if nothing shows up from them then she is going to have to have a cat scan and a bone scan. I am a little freaked out. She has been having pains in her rib area since summer. At first the Dr thought that it was from cheerleading as she was a base, but she is not cheerleading anymore and it is still happening. It hurts her so bad that she can not sleep at night. As for the dance thing hopefully it will all be over monday night, the owners are stepping in. Well I have to dash and get some stuff done, oldest dd had to watch the kids while I had Megs at the Dr. I will pop back in later.

TechieGrrl09
03-05-2008, 12:18 PM
Thank you, Gonna! I am excited too. This is something that I have always wanted to have done.

Cat: That recipe looks awesome! I can't wait to try it. I got what you recommended yesterday. I will let you know how it works. :)

tomandkara
03-05-2008, 01:32 PM
Gonna, my deepest condolences to you and your family today. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother.

Kara

GONNABE165
03-05-2008, 01:36 PM
Thank you Kara :hug:

Congratulations Spirit :carrot:

tomandkara
03-05-2008, 01:41 PM
Laurie, I'm so glad you're enjoying the oatmeal! Mine was so yummy this morning.

Jen, congrats on passing your exams! You're good to go!

TN, my husband had that eye surgery and he is so very glad. He was near legally blind in one eye and is now seeing 20/15 out of both eyes! Good luck!

LC, good luck to your daughter with her tests!

I'm feeling really tired today. I might lay down while the girls are napping and let Connor play on the computer to keep himself busy. I don't know why I'm so drained, but I don't want to start compromising my immune system, especially with all the yuck flying around!

Kara

Barb0522
03-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Wow! You guys are so chatty. I've been so busy today with work plus I've sent out about a half dozen emails to people about Twilight camp (port-a-potty vendor, bus company, city refuse dept etc).

I got a call from the insurance company that didn't make me happy. Robert apparently rearended someone in Feb. At least the insurance lady said that when the divorce is final and the insurance and cars split up that it won't affect my insurance. I'll have to look at the front of his car tonight when I pick up Brian from gymnastics.

Oh, my take on summer day care is that my son loves it. The center he goes to has lots of field trips for the school age kids and it gives him a chance to do stuff with his friends (bowling, roller skating, Six Flags, arcade games, and just generally playing). I'll actually be sad when he gets too old and he'll end up staying at home by himself while I work. He'll be at summer camp with scouts for one week each year now. You have to do what is best for you and only you know your kids but Brian has not suffered any by being in day care. In fact, I know myself well enough to know that I would not have been a good stay at home mom. I'm happiest when I'm working (and doing scouts and lots of stuff with Brian).

beachgal
03-05-2008, 03:17 PM
LC, your poor Megs! :hug: You know, I'm no medical doctor, but in case it helps lessen your worry, know that both my sister and I had bad pains in the rib area as young teens that turned out to be no big deal. I was diagnosed with a random heart problem--until 10 years later, with better equipment, they realized I just had panic attacks! :rolleyes: My sister was diagnosed with everything from GERD to muscle strains. Eventually they realized her pains were panic attacks too. I've had friends with husbands who thought they'd had a heart attack and actually went to the ER only to find that they were panic attacks.

Those things can hurt like the dickens...when I first started having them at 13, I described it to my mom by tell her that it felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest. It hurts so bad it made me cry from time to time. Anyways, I hope that's all it is for your daughter--they are so much easier to deal with these days and there are lots of medicinal and holistic remedies that help.

Lots of prayers for Megs' issue to be resolved and for an end to the pain! :hug:

Barb, I forgot to mention that earlier...when I was taking Psychology of Men and Women in college, they told us that studies consistently show that kids do fine as long as their mom is truly happy. Moms who stay at home but want to be at work and Moms who go to work but want to be at home make their kids uncomfortable. But Moms who do what they want to be doing, be it work or staying home, make for happy kids. I think it's true! :) My mom stayed home and loved it, and we were some happy kids, I tell ya! ;)

Kara, take gentle care of yourself and don't beat yourself up for being tired. You don't have to have a reason to take a nap. It's a good thing! :coach: Off to bed with you, missy! :lol:

FluffyK
03-05-2008, 05:43 PM
:woohoo:

I made it through my day of running without falling off the wagon. I packed lots of snacks (I like to graze instead of eat meals) and just ate as we drove places. Gotta get dinner going soon here, though.

As for school... well, I am still registered for the fall. It is so funny that when I mention to people that I'm worried about how old I'll be when I'm done ... the women ALWAYS say something positive like "You're going to be 45 anyway, why not be 45 and smarter?"

The thing is - the tuition is a little more than we can handle at this point. PLUS, I could have a job easily in the field I was in before, but not until I could work full-time. My youngest is only 4, and there are really no good places for daycare around here, even if I could afford it. I won't do summer camp - I had a personally BAD experience with it and wouldn't let my kids in that kind of environment.

So, I'll just plug along taking the classes I need as many as I can afford, plus I'll have to work part-time at SOMETHING (to pay for tuition). In about 11 years I think I'd be comfortable (maybe) leaving my youngest alone for a while. Either that or she can go to work for her father. :lol: I'm pretty protective of my kids, but at 14 or 15, I hope they've got enough maturity for me to leave them to their own consciences....

Time for dinner - fish and broccoli, maybe a salad too.

DH is doing this with me, but he's doing phase II and really likes his meat. I'm eating more veggies than protein, while he's the reverse. Obviously he's not losing like I am. Fine by me!

cottagebythesea
03-05-2008, 07:35 PM
GONNA, my deepest sympathy goes out to you and your family. :hug:

Spirit, CONGRATULATIONS on passing your nursing board exams! :carrot:

TnTech, I hope your surgery went well! Everyone I know that has had it done just raves about it! :)

Kara, I hope your nap revived you and that you aren't coming down with something. Never feel guilty about taking a nap, you're lucky you can get one!

Fluffy, I agree with the others, you are never too old to go back to school, especially if it's something you really want to do.

LC, I pray that your poor DD is alright, poor thing. It's best to have her thoroughly checked out, though, just to put your minds at ease. Please let us know how it all turns out.

Hi, Laurie, Ruth, Barb, and everyone else I may have missed!

I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow. I have to be at Cindy's by 6:15am, as Cindy & Richard are going out of town for the day and won't be back until around 9pm. At least the girls are over their bouts of stomach-flu and will be in school part of the day. Maybe I'll let them choose where they want to go for supper, as a fun treat, just as long as it isn't a fast-food place!

FluffyK
03-05-2008, 08:00 PM
I just made a yummy dinner.. all made up from my head.

In one pan, I sauteed some catfish (my kids like it) in some olive oil on low heat, with a little salt and pepper. (My kids don't like crispy)

Then in the other pan, I made a kind of creamed spinach. I kid you not - my kids ATE seconds of this, it's that good. (I don't like spinach either)

Creamed spinach sauce

1 C chicken broth, heat and stir in 4 oz cream cheese until thoroughly melted. (I had added 1/4 C milk, but you might not need it, mine was kinda thin). Then you put in a block of frozen spinach and cook on medium heat until it's thawed and warmed back up.

I'm sure you could thaw the spinach first but I never seem to have that much foresight.

I put the spinach over the fish, and then we ate the spinach itself when the fish was gone.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

FluffyK
03-05-2008, 08:13 PM
By the way, I have been trying to figure it out, but still have no clue....

What is NSV?

New Since Vertigo?

Not Since Vasectomy?

No S*** Vera?

I just can't get it... and I'm a-wonderin....

Kim_Star060404
03-05-2008, 11:26 PM
Teehee, FluffyK! Not Since Vasectomy - too cute! :lol:

NSV stands for Non-Scale Victory.

Common ones are clothes fitting better, hubby commenting on appearance in a way he hadn't before, being able to jog a mile, etc., etc.

FluffyK
03-05-2008, 11:51 PM
Aaaaaaah!!!! Oh, now that makes SO much sense!

My first NSV will be when my dress boots zip up without pinching my calves.