Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2002, 08:34 AM   #1  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

Talking The Bunny 10 pound Challenge

Hello everyone!

Easter is 39 days away...That is 5 weeks...At 2 pounds a week that is 10 pounds...That is do-able.

So I am starting a challenge. I will stay Op for 5 weeks, exercise at least 3 times every week, drink my water, monitor my fat, calories, and carb intake...get my butt moving, so Mr. Scale will get moving to the left...for once.

We can take it one week at a time.

Here are my goals for the remainder of this week...Monday will start week #1 officially.

I will drink 64 ounces of water a day.

I will work out 3 times this week.

I will stay Op and will keep track of my fat, calories, and carb intake.

Together we can have a thinner easter. (Better easter pictures!!!! I looked like a fat cow in lat years...Yuck!! Of course I did just have a baby...but this year there is no excuse!)

Let's Do it ladies!!! Who is with me????
Old 02-21-2002, 08:19 AM   #2  
Muscle Mommy

Well yesterday I stayed Op. I did not do so good on my water intake, and I didn't keep track of my calories, and everything. Also, no exercise, MIL came out, so I did not get to work out because I had company. I will do something today. I hope to weight lift some, and maybe an exercise tape.

I hope there are a few others who want to do this challenge with me

Is anyone out there??????

Hellooooo??????
Old 02-22-2002, 07:31 AM   #3  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

BUNNY CHALLENGE??? WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT??

I love it!! lets just hop to it!!

I want to wobbit 10 lbs off!!!

I cotton that I can hop to and and Lop that Fluffy tail in to shape!!

LOL I can not think if anything else. I am here with you.

that means for me to be much more aware of my intake.
I have been good but not watching the amounts not the calories and that means for me to be somwhere in the 1800 cal range
with 30-40 carbs and
maintain the exercise.

I am here sarge!!! TReporting for duty! (I am starting today)
Old 02-22-2002, 08:20 AM   #4  
Muscle Mommy

Well yesterday, I fell off a little bit at the end of the day, but basically did well.

I drank 64+ ounces of water....my goal for this week.

I counted carbs, and cals, and fat, for most of the day....

But I was very fat this morning! ....water retention, I guess...

I did not exercise....

I will move my butt tonight! Even if it's just running up and down my stairs. (there are 16 of them....I counted just for that reason.) I will do a little strength training too. My sister is going to get the boys tonight, so I should have time.

Stay Op, and let's lose it!

You are on a roll Sue...a big loss, and lots of motivation! Keep it up!
Old 02-25-2002, 06:08 AM   #5  
Work in Progress

I am in, I will report tomorrow

Official start date 2/ 25

Goals for today are:

drink 115 oz water

Eat OP

No soda

workout 1 hour aerobic
30 mins weight training
Old 02-25-2002, 10:11 AM   #6  
Muscle Mommy

Welcome aboard Pat!!!

Official goals this week

80 ounces of water a day....

Work out 30 minutes for 4 days this week....2 weight.....2 cardio

Keep calories under 1800....stay OP...Lower carb reward meals

Goals for today:

Walk for 45 minutes...maybe run a little
80 ounces of water....keep reward meal low carb
No carb lunch
Under 1800 calories...

I got some supplements....centrum one a day, some chromium for cravings, and a "fat Burner" "Results for women"....I know I know The fat burner is not good for me....I just need something for some energy to get me pepped back up, and then I will quit them...I hate popping pills!

Sat: I walked 1 mile
Sun: ran steps, lift weights, basically moved for 20 minutes....

Have a great Day..Stay Op....drink your water....move your body!....Hopping my weigh to 190!!!!
Old 02-26-2002, 09:14 AM   #7  
Muscle Mommy

Goals this week: drink 80 ounces of water a day
Exercise 4 times this week fro 30 minutes....2 cardio...2 weights
Stay OP, count calories, stay low carb

Goals for today:

Drink 80 ounces of water....8 ounces before I eat anything else.
Weight lift...30 minutes today.
Stay Op....1800 calories....limit carbs

I dyed my hair the night before last...I was a blonde, and have been for years...now it is DARk brown...and surprisingly I like it. My eyes look better, my skin looks better...my BF loves it...he has a thing for brunettes. So I am feeling pretty good about myself today.

I fell off program alittkle last night...I didn't want too, but ...well here's the story....Bf was off yesterday. Devin is sick (again!) so i had to leave work and take him to the doctor. After all this runnnin around I got home at about 8:00. My bF had fixed a wonderful dinner of baked chicken, stuffing and scalloped potatoesand I had already had my reward meal!!! But I didn't want to hurt his feelings so I ate one small helping of the potatoes,and the stuffing, and piled up on the chicken. I didn't exercise either...I was too tired! So this will be my day off.

Where is everyone?

Hope to see you guys soon.

Hopping off 10 pounds by Easter!
Old 02-26-2002, 10:59 AM   #8  
Trying to find my way.

My goals are to get through TOM with out falling badly!!!

Just started today, noticing i have been trying to much a bit too much but now i know why. I have about 4 lbs of fluid on me. so it is drink drink drink till it is gone!!!

Melody i would have eaten too so do not let that get you down, it is the thought that counts and you did great by having one small helping, that was better than eating the whole thing!!! I think you would look lovely

Pat glad to see you have joined us in this hopping bunny challenge. I am hoping to report wonderful things by easter!!!
Old 02-27-2002, 01:52 PM   #9  
Muscle Mommy

Talking A Good day all around!!!

Good Morning Bunnies!!!!!

I worked out last night....strength training....did some Yoga moves, crunches, "supermen", squats, lunges, leg lifts, calf raises, bicep curls, tricep extenxions, flys, etc. I must have done something right because Ouch! my hamstrings are sore.!!! So are my inner thighs....that is a good thing though!

I stayed Op all day yesterday, did not get all my water in, but will today. I do think that chromium pill is helping me with the cravings....I am popping one everyday...along with my vitamin, and my fat burners...they give me energy I don't think they are actually burning any fat....but we will see if I think they are helping any.

32 days left in this challenge!!!!

Let's kick some A$$ ladies!!!!

MOOOVING MY "WEIGH TO 190 BY EASTER!!!!(they didn't have a bunny!)
Old 02-28-2002, 07:58 AM   #10  
Muscle Mommy

Hello fellow hoppers!

Where is everyone today????

I am Op, and feeling fine!

Weigh in is tomorrow and I am hoping for a loss, although if I don't have a gain I will be fine with that, considering I am sure I gained last week....so if I am 201 or below I will be happy....if I am below 199, I will be ecstatic!!!!

I drank my water yesterday!

I stayed OP!

I did not work out! I will use that as my day off, I have to work out 4 times this week...I have 2 down...2 to go.

My thighs, and hamstrings are still sore from the strength training I did night before last...

Well ladies I will check in tomorrow!

Still Hoppin'!!!!
Old 03-01-2002, 08:29 AM   #11  
Muscle Mommy

QUIT LURKING AND JOIN THIS CHALLENGE!!! THERE ARE 59 OF YOU OUT THERE WHO HAVE BEEN LURKING, AND WE WANT YOU TO LOSE WEIGHT WITH US!!!!!!! COME ON THE MORE THE MERRIER!!!

SUE??????????

FRALICK????????

WELL i AM DOING FINE....JUST CHUGGING ALONG...i DID CHEAT YESTERDAY....HAD TO HAVE SOME FRIES..... BAD GIRL...THE SCALE MIGHT HAVE READ 198 IF I HADN'T ATE THOSE!!! THAT'S A DUMB THING TO DO....CHEAT THE NIGHT BEFORE WEIGH IN!!!

Anyway, I didn't work out...but I did a few exercises on my swiss exercise ball...while watching a movie....will work my buns off this weekend though there is no excuse....I have too!!!

I hope you ladies have a wonderful Op weekend. I am planning on staying Op, drinking 80 ounces of water a day...taking my supplemets like I should, and doing everything possibe to lose this weight!!!

:sheep: "Hopping" my "weigh" to 190 pounds by Easter!!!! (If I keep repeating it...it will happen...Stay focused!)
Old 03-01-2002, 11:47 AM   #12  
Trying to find my way.

I have been nibbeling!!! UGH!!! time to get it right!! no more nibbeling they do add up!!!

now i did not weigh i am still fluid filled from the pizza and frenchfries!! so next week. time to take this 10 lb bunny challenge serously!!!
Old 03-05-2002, 08:41 AM   #13  
Muscle Mommy

Doesn't it just figure that I would get all psyched up and I would get the flu???

I haven't eaten much so maybe the flu will help me lose some! My tummy is rolling as we speak. The thought of food sickens me! I wish I could keep this feeling!

I hopefully will be better by tomorrow so I can work out on my new elliptical...I am psyched and ready....I just ned to get some energy!

10 pounds to go! We can do this!!!
Old 03-06-2002, 01:04 AM   #14  
gbo

So far so good. I am OP drinking 128 oz water everyday with out fail and looking forward to Friday to weigh in. I will be thrilled just to lose a couple of pounds. I have 11 to re lose. I will not deduct those 11 pounds as weight off until I am back to the point where I was which was 304. That is where I stuck like granite. So while I will of course tell you how I have done, I am sticking with the original 338 starting weight and will just continue on.
Hey, Lodyangel you tell those lurkers my girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Get on the bus folks we'll make room. The hardest thing I ever did was to join a support group but it was the best choice I have ever made. I looked at everyone on the web and here is the greatest, gee sometimes I can be really smart and believe me I was brilliant when I took this step.
For those who have been through all this with me ........
as you know I have two elderly children(felines) left. Both are possitive with feline Leukemia but are doing quite well for girls nearly 17 years old. I give them medicine everyday and while my beautiful little Chi Blossum has lost an eye due to this disease she ok otherwise. Simba is failing But I give her a lot of time to cuddle and know how cherished she is to her Mommy. In the long run, when it is all said and done it is all we can do for our loved ones be they in flesh or fur. Dan brought in Nicky as you may know and she slipped out the door the day before she was to be fixed. She stayed out for days. Hubby did not believe she would be pregnant......of course she is! I knew it without a single doubt.
I still miss my beloved son each and every day but I am grateful to have had him over 1/3 of my life. I keep our picture beside me on the computer desk so that I can see Tiny's sweet face. Life goes on as it should and there is much to do with all the visitors this spring and Summer. We are planning our garden and believe it or not I still have pecans to mail out. Boy will that open up some freezer space!!!!!!!
I am getting more and more active but building up is slow work. Falling on my face is not my idea of fun and I have come close a couple of times. I hope I will not always be a shut in and I hope to be stronger. I pray (when I talk to God) and meditate ( when I listen for Guidance). I am working to be friends with this poor abused body but it will take time. Still I am feeling much , much better but the ups and downs are quite normal, physically for a person with a chronic illness. Mentally I am much better too and I must make sure of that the body follows the mind and I can't afford to lose ground! LOL. Well my water calls and before long it will have to be a mad dash so I shall close for now.
Take care all
Love Pam
Old 03-06-2002, 11:23 AM   #15  
Muscle Mommy

Hello Rabbits, and welcome Pam! I am glad that you have decicded to hop towards your goal with us Bunnies! We are happy to have everyone!

I am using today to rededicate myself to my program and to this challenge...with this new house and everything I am letting too much get in my way. So today I am getting what I want, and I want to work out. I am tired of reading the excuses on this board...I was sick...I had company...I had too much house work! Screw that! I have to put me first! So today I am putting me first I am going to work out-cardio and strength training and I am going to continue to, 5 days a week until the end of the month! No excuses accepted....Do what I am suppose to, and reap the benefits, or don't and stay fat! That's the bottom line!

Pam, I am happy to read that you are getting stronger...take it slow you are in my prayers!
Closed Thread