Weight Loss Support - Easy on & hard to go!

View Full Version : Easy on & hard to go!

2old2quit
03-04-2008, 10:48 AM
Why is it when you eat too much or eat the wrong things in a weekend, you’ll end up gaining 3 pounds or so?

Why then, does it take a whole month to lose those 3 pounds?
You gained them in 2 days, so why so long to lose them?

I slip sometimes with my calorie counting or points or a combo of just eating healthier. But why do I get "punished";) so badly when I fall a little? It is such a struggle to get off what I have mistakenly and sinfully put on.

Does anyone else have this problem? Do all of us yo-yo? Is it just a matter of mind OVER matter? Or rather, mind over FOOD!

What an effort this all is! Whew!:dizzy:

Serena C
03-04-2008, 11:01 AM
I feel your pain. But that's why I only weigh in once a month. If I slip up on the weekend (I should say when I slip up on the weekend) I don't have those numbers staring me in the face on Monday to punish me. I only see the net loss at the end of the month. (And it is a loss, unless I've been really, really, really bad!)

Even if my bad weekend comes right before a monthly weigh-in, my bad behavior isn't always reflected in the scale, which surprises me. But if it is, it might just be a normal fluctuation too.

I guess I'm just in the "ignorance is bliss" club. :)

2old2quit
03-04-2008, 11:16 AM
Serena, you made me laff when you said "unless I've been really, really, really bad." Yeah, I even have small positive "sayings" on the fridge to keep me from munchin' or taking the wrong route.

Then, sometimes I by-pass those fridge sayings and turn left to see what we've got in the pantry!:lol:

Well, live and learn, dust my pants off (hopefully a smaller size) and get back on that wagon. Where ever it may lead me.

Serena C
03-04-2008, 11:18 AM
Way to go! Keep getting back on that wagon, even if it runs you over sometimes! :)

2old2quit
03-04-2008, 11:26 AM
:carrot::carrot::carrot::D