Old 03-03-2008, 06:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/250/165

Height: 5'6

Post Frusterated!!!

2 weeks ago, I lost 2.6 lbs, but last week, I gained 0.4 lbs, whats this week gonna be? I'm so sick, and tired of gaining weight, when I'm wanting to lose weight. I'm never gonna be in my bikini by summer time since I have 85 lbs to lose.. Very frusterating. My mom is losing more weight then I am, and she is barely doing anything! We both work out together, I guess the only difference is, she doesn't work and I do. I work overnights (11 pm - 7 am) is my shift, so would that have something to do with it? My leaders at weight watchers (and co-workers) think it could. I practically gave up sweets except here, and there.. I do my aqua fit class 4 x's a week, plus I walk practically everywhere, and at work it's very pyshical too! So what is wrong with me????

I need some ideas! Some tips. I HAVE to get this weight off.
canadiangirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:27 PM   #2  
Not so Slim...Yet

S/C/G: 211/191/128

Height: 5'5"

I don't know if it could be working overnight unless maybe you're not getting enough sleep during the day. I worked overnight for about nine months and it didn't really affect my weight.
kwoodslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 305/300/1-236/2-180

Height: 5' 6"

I think your shift at work is keeping you from losing weight....its just not a regualar routine...they say that if you do everything else right (eating and exercising) and the only thing that you do wrong is not sleep well then you will gain weight....I dont' know if its possible but could you switch shifts with someone to opt for a day one? Good Luck hun and you will lose the weight by summer...don't worry!
Rayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:57 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

The lack of a regular body routine could put a damper on weight loss... but I'm going to focus instead on what I think is more important.

No one loses weight the same way. Not even people who are related. Your mom might be losing a little faster right now, but that doesn't mean that there is anything "wrong" with you. Was last week near TOM or something? I know that I gain about a lb during my monthly time. There could be a myriad of reasons.

You're doing this for the long-haul. Not just for summer. So there are going to be times when our bodies act weird and refuse to move down on the scale. It's okay. If it happens consistently for awhile then we have to re-evaluate what we're doing. If it's one week... then it could be a number of things and we have to wait until the next to get an idea of what's going on.

Also, if you're more physical than your mother, perhaps she's just losing more muscle than you, too? And that's not really a good thing.

Just make sure you're getting a good amount of sleep, regardless of when you have to wake up. Without sleep... my weight loss stalls BIG TIME.

Keep at it. Continue to eat healthier and exercise. It will pay off!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 08:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 242/222/150

Height: 5'10"

Smile It could be your shift

Although it could be your shift, because it hampers your sleep, it could be just a bad week. The positive is you lost 2.6 lbs. the week before. I have had a similar problem and usually its either I overworked my body and was too tired for my body to adequately lose weight, or I just slipped and didnt count my points right. And, it could be the monthly thing too, because that always makes me feel like a blimp!

Hope that kinda helps!....KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
lizziek24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 02:10 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 265/250/165

Height: 5'6

I have a regular work out routine, it's jus work that gets in the way... I work out for 1 hour every single day. When it was my tom last month, i did gain 1.4 lbs but then lost it the week after... I don't know. I'm thinking of going on slim fast or something too, while doing weight watchers.
canadiangirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 05:13 AM   #7  
Vegan from Planet Vega

Height: 5' 10"

I work deep nights...I star my shift at 6pm and get off shift at 6am. I also go to school full time in the morning. Grant it, I have a rotation shift meaning one week I get three days off and the next week I get four...I have found on the weeks that I do over time and I'm not getting enough sleep my weight loss is hindered slightly. But I have also found that my working nights and getting enough sleep is just like any other person working days with the exception of not being able to run MOST errands .

I would look to see if you are doing something different in the weeks your are gaining. Are you intaking more salts or other things that could make you retain water (for instance).

Just a suggestion. Hang in there!
THE Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:13 AM   #8  
here we go again

S/C/G: 168/ticker/140

Height: 5 foot 7

The only thing I can think of is are you eating enough? If you have cut your calories too low your body can refuse to drop the weight, like 'starvation mode' to keep the fat on you. If you're working out an hour every day, you definitely need to make sure you're getting enough fuel for all that activity. But like others have said, you could be doing everything right and your body still might not consistently show results, you might not have anything on the scale for a few weeks and then suddenly drop a few pounds. Its frustrating, but don't give up! Sooner or later your hard work will show up on the scale and it will have been worth it.
carolineintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:42 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 285/253/180

Height: 5'8"

I'm sure an overnight/grave shift is different for everyone. My husband is on graves and when we first moved I was scared to sleep without him here , so my schedule/routine was on graves as well. I don't do as much when I am up at night vs. being awake during the day, i was much more likely to lounge around the house, etc. When I am awake during the day, i feel like i get much more accomplished and move more in general.

Not sure if that helps at all, but i know its frustrating! just don't give up!
JimmieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:55 AM   #10  

You lost 2.6 pounds last week right? That's a lot! A personal normally loses only a pound a week. So maybe you really only lost 2.2 pounds, but you were a bit dehydrated or something which is why you were bumped to 2.6. That is why seriously I just stopped weighing myself. I couldn't handle the upds and downs. I would gain weight for no reason and it pissed me off. I couldn't handle it. I judge my success now by how my clothes feel. The numbers were just driving me crazy.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote