Old 03-03-2008, 03:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: HW235 225/176.5/136

Height: 5'2

Default Introducing myself and saying hello!

Hi all 3fc ladies (and gents). I just wanted to post a short introduction/history about myself.

I mostly post in whole foods b/c I'm following the superfoods program. But seeing how my ultimate goal is to lose 100 lbs I wanted to start posting here too.

I'm a 30 something mom of 3 girls and hubby just got a new job that requires him to be out of town for 6 weeks of training. He left yesterday. I'm doing ok so far. My mini goal is to lose 10 pounds by April 12th (when he comes home)

I love reading everyone's stories and want to make some new friends to help each other out . My biggest downfall is that I hate to exercise, ugh, can't stand it!

That's all for now, just have a good day
AndLy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 03:19 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Nice to "meet" you Keep on posting to let us all know how you're doing!

Best of success!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 03:34 PM   #3  
Kerry ~ TBL Red Team!

S/C/G: 236/194.6/135

Height: 5'4"

Nice to meet you! I'm a 'newbie' here as you can tell by my horrifyingly low post count and lack of signature ....

I think the short term goal is GREAT... what an incentive to start you off!!!

I need to hunt down the Whole Foods Forum and this Superfoods Diet you're talking about too....

Look forward to getting to know you!
MamaToTomAndAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 03:45 PM   #4  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

so glad to meet you!
I am a thirtysomething mom of 4 young boys. I find exercise is so difficult to put into a weekly routine and so easy to stop doing! For that matter, I also find it so difficult to lose weight and so easy to gain it back!!
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Welcome. I too used to hate exercise. It was such a chore. I have since found activities that I enjoy *gasp* and I write down what I plan to do in my daily calendar and then stick to my plan. Of course I got sick with some respiratory something or other on Thursday and today is the first day I can feel a bit better.

I have 4 children—13, 5,4,18 months. I have made exercise a top priority in my life. I get up early before everyone and exercise. Then I use part of my lunch break to get at least 30 minutes of exercise. Finally I will exercise after I get them in bed. I know it seems excessive but it has been working wonders for me and I love the added energy I'm getting. I have been thinking about exercise constantly since I've been sick. I'm so ready to get back into it. I was going to try it over lunch break today but still wasn't feeling great. I'm going to do a 2 mile Walk Away the Pounds tape.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:21 PM   #6  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile Welcome AndyL

We are so happy to have you join us!!

I can't speak to the issue of exercising since I like to but there are others here who can address that for you.

Again, thanks for sharing with us on this!

Good luck and keep posting.......
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:30 PM   #7  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

I didn't like to exercise either. I recently started a few weeks ago and I feel really good. Just start out really slow. I swear I only did my elliptical for 2 mins the first day. I thought I was going to die.... I also do the Walk away the pounds video on comcast. It's really easy and I totally lose track of the time. It's over before you know it! Hang in there...it will get easier. I am actually considering upping my time on the elliptical and the intensity now..
xGurlyGrlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:13 PM   #8  
Recovering Pizza Addict

S/C/G: 273/235/150

Welcome, AndLy! Welcome. This is an awesome place to get support and advice. I was in the same boat as you were not so long ago! I HATED to exercise. I found yoga years ago, but cardio was my SWORN ENEMY. You just have to keep experimenting until you find something you love. I've gotten addicted to Turbo Jam, and recently started walking. It's amazing how quickly it's helped me kick those pounds to the curb!

Good luck!
hafowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:57 PM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi and welcome to the 100lb club. I'm a mom of 3 girls too. And exercise was a biggie for me too. Have you tried Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds DVD's? They're really easy to follow and although I wouldn't say it's the most fun thing in the world to do, they are a great way to get exericse in. They're doable, effective and the time really goes.

Looking forward to hearing more from you. Good luck attaining your goals.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:25 AM   #10  

Height: 5'5"

Welcome!

I, too, am one of those that love the exercise (most of the time!) But even if you can't find something that you really love to do (and don't rule it out - there are lots of posters who hated exercise until they found the perfect exercise for them), I think that once you get into the groove, you'll appreciate it greatly. I don't really love to wash my dishes, but I hate the disgusting mess more than I dislike the chore. I think you'll find the same thing with exercise. You'll love the energy, the vigor, the stamina, and the dropping pounds more than you'll dislike the exercise, I'll wager.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 05:53 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Welcome Aboard! Glad you are here.!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:41 AM   #12  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Please post often so we can get to know you.

I'm not a real exercise fan, but I am a fan of what exercise can do for my weight loss and the shape of my body. Walking is great and the Walk-Away-The-Pounds dvds are awesome.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:56 AM   #13  

S/C/G: HW235 225/176.5/136

Height: 5'2

Thanks everyone~! I guess I will have to try the Walk Away DVD's, they seem to be really popular. Do you just walk in place in the living room, is that how they work?? I've never heard of them so I'm not sure!

Thanks for the warm welcome, I'll try to post daily in as many threads as I can, I just don't get much online time. Hubby is out of town for 6 weeks for new job training and my work shift is strange 2pm-9pm. So most mornings I'm catching up on laundry, cleaning, shopping, errands, that kind of stuff.
AndLy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:13 AM   #14  
Mz. Matherne

S/C/G: 285/275/150

Welcome! Walk away the pound dvds are awesome! I am currently doing between 5-6 miles a day. There are 4 basic moves, walking in place, kicks, knee lifts, side steps and sometimes you may have to walk up and down but that's basically the whole dvd. Plus some have strength training in them and they are really easy to follow!

Good luck with everything and wish you the best!
dandk0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:27 PM   #15  
Journey to New Self!

S/C/G: 287/272/268

welcome!
whitlockdj is offline   Reply With Quote