Support Groups - Back In Kindergarten #38

View Full Version : Back In Kindergarten #38

FrouFrou
03-03-2008, 01:17 PM
Hello and :welcome: to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey! So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke or whatever your drink of choice is, and pull up a chair and join us. :coffee2::cofdate:

FrouFrou
03-03-2008, 01:45 PM
Okay, got caught up on the posts!

Hello ladies!

MINDEE...I see nothing wrong with taking lots of pictures. Once I was able to get a camera I took pictures of everyone and everything, and still do! Loved the pictures and love your new avatar! I had DD's ears pierced when she was only 4 months old. I figured she would do it eventually so why not do it for her and take care of her ears, plus she wouldn't mess with them at that age.

SUSAN...:woohoo: to 159! Proud of you missy! :bravo: Superbad was named correctly because it was superbad, lol. There were some funny parts but overall it was stupid...more of a teen movie too, I think.

JULES...of course you can come, and bring that adorable baby, we may have to fight over him though. I am just not cut out for the drama, ugh. It's enough with my own kids but then thru in a DIL to be and ugh. Apparently she needs a lot of attention...whatever. You know, it's not that I am going to do anything with Josh's room...it will stay the same-I don't think he even wants to take the furniture, which is fine. But if he is getting married I think he needs to take his clothes and all the other crap, or do something with it. Not a big deal...I could just store other crap in there :lol: I'm kidding.

Hello SUE, KATY & FRANCIE...hoping all is well with you ladies.

And speaking of the DIL to be...when V gets home we will be off for him to get fitted for his tux...he is going to be Josh's bestman. Then going to go watch Cambrie at her gymnastics and then off to dinner with Charlotte and the kids. V said "Oh the fun never ends does it?" :lol: I told him it hasn't begun yet. Anyway...

My back is being stupid so I have to be careful. Going to do a bunch of short walks on the treadmill thru out the day. I do NOT want it to go out. Going to start a food journal today also because I was weighing every day and from Thursday-Saturday morning I supposedly gained 6 pounds :yikes: I know for a fact there is no way I did and I don't know what I ate that it would throw that up like that...it's crazy! What I don't like is that I started weighing every day so I am not doing that anymore...but at the same time, if I hadn't last week I would have been more shocked at the gain. Anyway...that's about all I have.

Take care ladies, and have a wonderful day!

Mom2Gaby
03-03-2008, 02:51 PM
Good Morning - -

This site is so fricking slow today, I swear. I can't write now, I am in a pissy mood. Ugh...I want a pastry! haha

anyway - I will come back later. I just wanted to say good morning and I posted some pictures of the girls from the visit to the pumpkin patch last Oct @ myspace. I know - super late. I also have one of me and Gab on our trip to Arkansas in Nov, I think I was 174 in that picture!

k- adios - I need to go calm down. :mad:

Mom2Gaby
03-03-2008, 03:44 PM
Ok, I have *centered* aren't we all thrilled :D

Mindee- Cute on the ear piercings for Marissa! Gab won't let me do her ears, I should have done them when she was younger.

Sassy - Hope the Hubby is feeling better!

Cristina - Is there a wedding date? Sweet that V is going to be best man. I don't think it is mean to want his things moved out, like you said he is getting married. Have Char come and box the stuff up,lol. I told Rach she was moving out at 18 and she let out a sob and said "don't say that, that scares me".

I had oatmeal and a banana for breakfast. I read until mid night - I am reading Me talk pretty one day (?) I think by David Sardise. It is so funny, I need to look up his other books.

k- I guess that is it. I take Gab for another PTA movie, Dustin Hoffman and the toy store one...forget the name.

Hope you all are having a good day. :):hug::)

tommysgirl18
03-03-2008, 04:09 PM
hello ladies....how are you all doing?

I am taking a quick me time while all three kids are talking naps. I need to get me something to eat, make a dinner list/grocery list.....and write Brandon's teacher a note in his Monday folder.

Cristina~ My mom has always paid to get her grand kids ears pierced if the parents would let them. So, we took Marissa to get them done, and paid for them. Then when my dad got home, we got the money back. But all in all, she has been great with her ears being pierced. She has yet to play with them like we thought that she would.

SusieQ~ We were going to get them done right when she was at the age, which is I believe 3 months old. But we kept getting the chance to get them done, but didn't have the money for them. So, this time when my mom said that she would pay for them if we wanted to get them done, we jumped on it!

FrouFrou
03-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Hello ladies, and a Happy Tuesday to you!

SUSAN...oh yeah, I thought I had mentioned...the wedding is set for May2...will be here before you know it! So stupid...after asking V to be the best man, and I am not sure how that is going to go, but whatever...she has decided that her 8-year-old son is going to be the ring bearer/best man. I asked her why we were there for a fitting...V can be a groomsman. Originally, her son was going to walk her down the aisle, now her dad is so...ugh! It's her wedding...just give me the invite and I will be there. Sorry the site was slow for ya. I checked out the pics...they are great! You don't look like you were at 174...look smaller, a lot smaller! But the Gabster is growing like a weed...I didn't realize how tall she is.

MINDEE...that's nice of your momma. That was one reason we had DD's done so young...she never messed with her ears. Is Brandon going to school daily? Bet he is lovin' it!

SASSY...what's up with you missy? Are you back at work? Ugh, can't keep up, lol. Any news about your mom and the test?

SUE...hoping all is well with you and yours.

FRANCIE...whacha reading now missy? I know it's something good!

KATY...Miss knitting queen...what are you working on now?

JULES...how is Teri doing? Did she enjoy her weekend with her momma? I bet Ryan is getting excited about moving to Oregon.

I think I got everyone...

Nothing going on with me today. Had some errands to run this morning so haven't gotten my exercise done yet. One of the errands was to get some flowers and cards for our neighbor/V's supervisor. They live about 5 or 6 houses down from us and him and his wife both ride bikes/motorcycles. Well, Saturday they were out and about and she hit some dirt/sand on the road and tried to correct and lost control, went into a ravine and some barbed wire and the wire almost cut her arm off from the shoulder down to her arm pit, ouch! They weren't sure they would be able to save the arm but did...terrible thing to happen to anyone. She's pretty beat up but is doing fine. She's home now. Anyway...have lots of laundry to do today and exercise to get done.

Hoping all is well with you in your little corner of the world.

Mom2Gaby
03-04-2008, 05:42 PM
Good Afternoon -

Day has gotten away from me!

Cristina - Thank you for the nice comments. I was 177 when I came back from Arkansas, I was 171 when I went there, I am guessing at the 174 in that one picture.
I gained 6 pounds in a week, yikes. Anway , thanks for the comments on myspace! I posted some more today from the trip but can't read what you wrote til tomorrow when my computer time isn't filtered.
anyway - there was nothing to eat at his mothers house but fried foods and velvetta. I was close to tears and blamed Gaby's dad for my suffering - lol. We did escape once to a fast food joint and I had a small hamburger, fingering that beats chicken nuggets. His mother had all these gadgets in her house and I sat down for the 1st dinner to nuggets and french fries, all made in her deep frier....and there was an assortment of sauces....and she called it *Gaby's Dinner*.....anyway - I am sure I told this before.,,,kind of the Best of Susan's Rants...haha.

You might have mentioned May 2nd? I am not sure. Wow , 2 months away?? You must be busy getting ready!! :) Sounds exciting. I think my ex husband has a daughter getting married in May too. Not that that means anything. ....lol

So, Gab, Rach and I went to our 2nd PTA movie last night, the Dustin Hoffman - toy store one. It was so- so.....I like Jason Bateman, always had a crush on him when growing up, so that made it watchable. Gab laughed and thought it was good. She kepts saying "it's magic" all the way home. Our next movie is Fred Claus.

Had a lunch of chicken and broccoli w/ cottage cheese, finished my *Me Speak Pretty One Day* book....it was very good, I would recommend that one, very funny. So, back to my shopaholic books.

k- guess that is my update!
Chat later ......

tommysgirl18
03-04-2008, 06:40 PM

nothing new on this end.....I am listening to a little girlie saying "dada" over and over again. I am about to start dinner here in a couple of minutes.

Cristina~ Man, the wedding is fast approaching!! Our anniversary is May 11th.....and what I like....is every couple of years it falls on Mother's Day! (our first anniversary fell on Mother's Day.....and this year it falls on Mother's day!) Yup, he does go to school every day! Monday they went to the book fair, and he made a list of books that he liked. they are learning about dental hygiene this week.

SusieQ~ I have been seeing the previews for that movie and have been wondering if it is worth seeing. The boys seem to get a kick out of the commercials when they come on.

I will be back later.....I gotta run.....long day so far, and thank goodness dinner time and then bed time is approaching fastly!

Sassy_Chick
03-04-2008, 11:06 PM
Hi Girls. :wave:

Its a cold and rainy dreary night here. Just makes you wanna sleep. Infact I had a hard time waking up this evening. But I did......:p

I was a bad girl tonight and had pizza and it wasn't even good pizza!!! lol. So not worth it! lol. Aw well. :shrug:

DH went to the dr this morning and guess what? He has two bad ear infections. The dr said he doesn't know if its the ear infections that gave him the flu-like symptoms or the flu that gave him the ear infections. But he gave him some anti-biotics.

Cristina -- Yup I am back at work. Just think instead of M-F I work M-W, only nights. ;) So I am off Thursday-Sunday's. ;) Hope your back doesn't go out, mine is being kinda "cranky" too with all this darn rain!!! lol. We have to be careful. :)

Hi Ya Susan -- hope your in a better mood. I was in a very sleepy mood today, still cannot totally "wake-up" and I've been up for hours. lol. Oh well they don't need me to be awake at work, just have to be here, right? :lol: DH showed me trailers of a bunch of movies he wants to see. I can't remember them all as he showed me when I first got up. lol.

Mindee -- aww that is cute. So how long before she says "mama"?? lol. ;)

Hi to everybody else out there!!! :wave: I hope you are doing well!!!

:hug:

tommysgirl18
03-04-2008, 11:26 PM
Sassy~ I hope your hubby starts to feel better soon! She already says mama.....but she has to be mad when she says it. (I am taking it as a sign of what the future holds when she is a teenager!)

RosieKate
03-05-2008, 10:07 AM
Hiya!

Just wanted to drop by and say hi! I may bbl, as I may be home with a sick girl today. She had a bad sore throat when she went to bed last night.

Sent off my first test knit - and they loved it, so that's done. I finished a shawl also....pics on my blog.

I'll catch up with individuals later...have a great day!

Mom2Gaby
03-05-2008, 01:51 PM
Good Morning -

Sassy - Yes, it is a proven fact that gross tasting pizza doesn't count. :jeno::jeno: caloriewise. You can eat as much as you want and be a.ok. haha. Wow, so you must work 12 hour shifts?? I kind of like your hours!

Mindee- The Dustin Hoffman I would say is for 5 yr's old and over.We sat in a crowded theater with all age of kids. I think they were ansty when there was a lot of conversation going on and the movie had that. It was cute in spots but also dragged on. I hope Alvin in the chipmunk or even Enchanted is better.

Katy - Saw Miss L last night, sorry she is not feeling good today!!:hug: I just dropped Gab off w/ Rach and her boyfriend and did a lap around the park. Congrats on you 1st test knit :)

anyway - busy w/ job search and helping Rach get into this college program at the community college, it works towards her high school diploma, along w/ college credits when completed. I hope she gets in. She has testing today and tomorrow and she will go where McDreamy works on Friday and chat with a *prep* person.
That isn't McD .....I hope. lol I don't think so he doesn't know that much about the program so I don't think he is involved.

k- tons to do!! Chat at you all later.

:wave:Hi to Cristina, Jules, Sue, Francie, and Michelle!!

FrouFrou
03-05-2008, 04:09 PM
Hiya Chickies! :wave:

SUSAN...I like your way of thinking lady! So as long as the pizza is crappy I can eat all I want and it doesn't count? I just want to get it straight for the next time I eat pizza...I will make sure they make it crappy, :lol: Hey, that is GREAT! I am glad Rachel is thinking of college, good for her! :bravo: And I only tell it like I see it! The pictures were great and when I read about all the greasy food, yuck! Okay, but I have to say...not everyone from the south fries everything. Growing up my mother did but we also had lots of veggies. She doesn't so much now and I definitely don't! The thought of grease makes me gag. About the wedding...not a lot that we need to do to get ready...we will do the rehearsal dinner, or rather go somewhere, I am doing the favors...hersey kisses in a little bag and then candles wrapped in the netting stuff. Our part is mainly opening the old wallet and forking out some moola in the form of gifts though. Well, and I need a dress but now I have two, lol...just need to decide which one I want. Oh and V has to rent a tux. Also gotta find a song for the mother/son dance I think I found what I want but going to pick a few and decide. I know I am going to cry, geez I hate crying but I am getting choked up just trying to find a stinking song so I know the wedding will make the tears flow. Wondering if I should even bother with makeup. Anywho...

SASSY... you are not a bad girl for eating pizza. With me I have learned and found that what works for me is being able to eat what I want, in moderation of course. The minute I tell myself a certain food is off limits is the minute I want it more and end up on a binge. But that is me and that is what works for me. I know some have to take certain foods out of their diet completely. Everyone is different. Yes, we do have to be careful with our backs and I hate that! But then I got it from my mother...she has a bad back, or I am assuming I got it from her. got everything else, lol.

MINDEE...yeah, my BD & Anniversary are May 12 and it too is on Mother's Day every four years. If I had to do it over I would not have gotten married on my birthday, just seemed like a good idea at the time, lol. But yeah, the wedding is fast approaching...I will be glad when it's over! While at the place for Cambrie's gymnastics...it was so cute by the way, there was a woman there with her daughters and the one looked to be about a year old and she was saying dada. The woman said "why is it the first words out of their mouths is dada when we do all the work" too cute! I love when the little ones start talking.

KATY...WTG on your first test knit! That is too cool and I will check out your blog! :carrot: Hope little Leigh gets to feeling better, poor little thing.

Anywho...nothing really going on today. Went to take a dress back and ended up with two, lol. I like them both and can't decide...I wanted something fun, cute looking, and not something that says "old woman" Just because I am the mother of the groom doesn't mean I have to look like it, lol! Too many pretty dresses out there for sure. Of course for the most part the ones I saw that I really liked they didn't have my size, ugh! Hoping I can decide between these two, take the other back and then get a little cardigan and shoes. Working on finding a song, I think I already said that, going crazy here. This wedding is stressing me out and it's not even mine!

Going to go grab an energy drink and then get some exercise done...I am a slacker so far this week.

Take care ladies, and I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

FrouFrou
03-05-2008, 04:13 PM
Opinions ladies...

I think these are the top four songs I have, what do you think? And be honest!

Simple Man...Lynyrd Skynyrd
The Man You've Become...Molly Pasutti
Child of Mine...Carole King
The Prayer...Andrea Bocelli & Celine Dion

Even though possibly Fly Me to the Moon by Frank Sinatra or if you ladies have any suggestions please I need help!

Mom2Gaby
03-05-2008, 04:28 PM
Katy - Love the shawl!!! :)

Cristina - I like Fly me to the moon! Just because of Frank Sinatra and it is a fun song. I am already weapy just thinking of a son-mother dance - a fun, jazzy song would help you not to cry :)

You shouldn't take my diet tips to heart!! lol It would be great if we could eat all the so so pizza and not have it count!

I wish you luck on finding a dress!! I saw a black one today that looked kind of Gothic looking - you could wear a mask and look like Batmans Mom.....lol. jk......I am sure you will look lovely in whatever you decide :)

k- back to the grind, just wanted to say hello!!

tommysgirl18
03-05-2008, 11:44 PM

nothing new on this end. they ended up closing school for Wednesday......so we went grocery shopping! Tommy called in to work and told him that he couldn't get out because we were snowed in. We had gone to our local Wal-Mart store where we normally go grocery shopping......and they were closed due to a power outage!! so, we had to turn around and go back to Krogers. we all did well with that.....and just came home and relaxed to gear up again for Thursday!

Tommy asked Brandon this morning if he had skipped school....Brandon got this look on his face like a deer in the headlights. Then he asked him if he missed the bus, and Brandon shrugged his shoulders. Then Tommy told him that he was just messing with him and that they had closed school because of the snow.....Brandon told him no and then Tommy told him to look out the window at all the snow.

I am almost done with my book and it is really good! I haven't been wanting to put it down for anything!

Cristina~ When we got married, Tommy and his mom danced to the song "Biggest Fan" by Backstreet Boys. Take a listen to it.....even though it is a boy band this song is not on the spectrum for them. We didn't even realize that we were getting married on Mother's Day weekend until a couple months before we got married! And then to top it all off, we had gotten married during high Prom season. I agree with what the lady said about when the kids say dada first.

SusieQ~ How are you doing? any plans with McDreamy this weekend?

hello to every one else....I am trying to get through things and to relax some before heading to the shower and then off to bed.

Sassy_Chick
03-06-2008, 12:28 AM
Hola Amigas!! :twirly: (we don't have a sombro smiley) lol.

I feel in a "Mexican" mood since my dear sweet DH told me that he ate our favorite Mexican restaurant with our friend while I am here toiling away at work!!! :p UGH!!! Oh well better for me not to go I guess!!! lol.

Anywho, it is finally my "Friday" :carrot: and I am so freaking glad!!! I have been SOOOOOOO tired this week!!! My DH had to like launch me out of bed almost to get me going!!! lol. But I made it. I seriously wanted to call off tonight and just SLEEP but thought, "nahh its my "Friday" and I don't want to use up the few measely personal time hours I have saved up!!!" lol

DH had to go to his parents to dig a hole for his mom's cat. She is like ancient, like 16 yrs old or something and has been in renal failure for a while now and so she has been constantly up and down. Well she was down again and they WERE going to have her put to sleep tomorrow morning. But now she perked up again. UGH. I understand being attached to a pet, trust me, I had to have my dear sweet Puddy put down last year, the end of this month will actually be one year he's been gone........But anyways, it was tough, but it was even harder watching him in pain. I couldn't stand it. So I don't understand my mil's logic at all. She is a retired ICU nurse, she knows what pain that cat is in!!! But she is EXTREMELY attached to this cat and I guess just doesn't wanna let go of her. Poor thing, I hope she passes soon, just so she is not in anymore pain. :( (The cat, not my MIL......:rofl:)

Anyways......my throat has been hurting since this morning!!! I hope I am not getting sick!!! UGH!!!! I have been taking Nyquil at night to try to beat it off, but so far, no go...........I guess I will be drinking lots of tea w/ honey this weekend, that is good for sore throats, right???? Please please send me **anti-get-sick Vibes** lol!!!! :yay:

Suzy Q -- Oh ok so the crappy pizza doesn't count, phew that is a releif!!! :lol: Now what about "they flub up your sandwich at McDonalds?" :o does that count??? :lol: Nope I work longer hours than that. lol. I work 14 hours on Monday, and 13 hrs on Tues. & Wed. So I work my 40 in 3 days instead of 5. It is nice having 4 nights off, but it is not easy. It is very tough to get used too and the 1st night "off" really isn't much of a night off because you are so drained from working. lol. But it is nice having every single weekend off. Even though my DH works the weekend so I can't really go anywhere or do anything. lol. :p

Cristina -- Thanks. Yeah I know I just need to get "on the ball" and stop this up and down stuff. lol. I am just a bad-food addict, that is all there is too it! lol. My mil is so crafty. She did all the Wedding favors, decorations, centerpieces and even our flowers we carried herself!!! Saved us a ton of money!!! :) I am glad she has most things planned!! You know if you are looking for a Mother and Son song, you may want to look up "Mama" by Boys to Men. It of course had to come out AFTER our wedding but if it had came out sooner, that is the song we would have used!!! I can't help ya with the other songs because I don't know any of them.....So Good Luck!!! :luck2you: Yes I hate having a bad back, sometimes.......sometimes it gets me out of lugging heavy things....lol..........but most times it stinks because you always have to be careful, esp Tues. morning when we got home, our parking lot to our apt was very very slick!!! I was like, that is all I need is to fall and miss more work!!! lol.

Big :hug:

tommysgirl18
03-06-2008, 01:07 AM
Sassy~ I hope you don't get sick! I have been trying to fend of the sickies bugs that have been going through my house. so far.....so good! I have been drinking the Crystal Light Immunity drink mix in my water....well, I only drank one but I am going to start drinking them again. The taste of it really bugs me since I have never had pomegranate juice before.

Sassy_Chick
03-06-2008, 07:04 AM
Thanks for the anti-sickie vibes Mindee and I will send some out to you as well!!! :yay:

I recieved an email from Glamour (www.glamour.com)with tips, etc. They have a new thing called the "30 Day Makeover (http://www.glamour.com/tips/)" kinda cool. Nice tips, etc. They have something on there called "Calorie Math (http://www.glamour.com/health/articles/2007/10/caloriemath)" where they show you two things that have the same amount of calories, only one is one fattening thing and the other is many not-so fattening things, big eye opener!!! They said ONE cinnamin roll can equal a WHOLE weekend of goodies!!! YIKES!!! :yikes: Anywho, thought I'd share.......;)

Mom2Gaby
03-06-2008, 03:26 PM
Happy Thursday -

Mindee - What are you reading? It has been nice here , weatherwise, like 60ish. It is a relief not to have the heater on all day!! Um, not sure on McDreamy plans yet. Gaby's father is in eastern Washington and might work Saturday and if he does he won't pick up Gab until 6pm that night. If he ends up not working he will pick her up Friday night. If that is the case I am taking Friday as *my* time!!:D

Sassy - I think once you step inside the McDonalds parking lot everything counts! lol Now Carl Jr's is another story! I went there last week for a .99 hamburger and it was delish, considerng - best cheapie burger I have ever eaten. Sorry about the kitty, very sad. I had to bury our little doggie on the coast w/ the 2 girls - we did a little ceremony and laid flowers on it.

anyway- I binged last night on cabbage. Yes, cabbage. Not even pizza or cake but an overdose on steamed cabbage. How sad is that? Ex husband made corn beef and cabbage and it was yummy. I tried to fill up on the cabbage,,,,,that and wine = plus 3 handfuls of shelled peanuts....I mean I cracked the shell and just ate the peanut - duh. I weighed this morning and was back up to 162 - wtf.......whatEVER, maybe w/ all the water in the cabbage??

Who knows, I really don't care. I mean, why rush to just maintain?? lol I am happy at 162, thank you very much.

Gab is home sick with a tummy ache, so I guess no swimming tonight. I am read Shopaholic takes Manhatten, it very funny - after that is Confessions of....I think I am going backwards in the series but that is ok,,,,

k- hi to everyone!!

chat later.

FrouFrou
03-06-2008, 03:27 PM
HIYA Ladies!

SUSAN...get out of my head, lol! That was exactly what I was thinking with Fly Me To The Moon, even DD thought it would be great! But at the same time the words don't really fit, bummer. I've knocked a couple off the list because they sound too depressing! I know I will cry :cry: I like the batman costume idea, lol...wouldn't they crap if I showed up like that? Or something gothic? Darn it, I thought you were serious about the pizza, lol...kidding. I guess we probably are supposed to watch what me say in case someone reads it and thinks we are serious.

SASSY...I understand where you're coming from about MIL but at the same time, I think I would have a very hard time putting our doggy down. We've talked about it if something should happen and it comes to that...I wouldn't want him to suffer at all but at the same time, I can't imagine him not being here. I would have to have V do it. I thought of that song and I do like Boyz to Men-what happened to them anyway-but I'm not sure I would use that one. I think I am going to have a hard time with this. Hope you don't get sick...and I hear ya on the back. And damn hubby for getting mexican and not taking you! Did you tell him that was wrong, lol. I would have helped DIL to be with decorations but she is wanting all sorts of things but doesn't want to mess with it. And she found this hall, it's the top floor of the bank of america building here, but they provide everything so she went that route.

MINDEE...I will check out that song, don't think I have heard it. Did Brandon miss going to school?

Nothing much going on. Doing my laundry that I didn't get done yesterday, plus a couple of loads. I actually got it all washed and dried yesterday but never got to folding and putting away. Got the last of my exercise done yesterday and then started dinner but felt a migraine coming and after I cooked and sat down to eat it was full blown and I had to go to bed. I can't take the light, the noise and the only way to get rid of it is to sleep it off. So that's what I did. I did take some excedrin for migraines and I think that helped, still felt a little off when I woke up at 10:30...but I went to clean the kitchen and went back to bed. Feeling lots better today thank goodness. Good enough to do 15 minutes of warm up exercises and the turbo jam before heading to buy groceries. Getting ready to do my weights, bike and jump rope as soon as I get off here and then a short walk on the treadmill. Anyway...that's about all I have.

Lots of hugs to you all!

Mom2Gaby
03-06-2008, 03:31 PM
Miss Cristina -sneaking in again , eh?? :) Maybe there is another Sinatra song you like?? Or maybe just play the music without the words? I love that song though!!

Hope you are feeling better :) Chat later!

FrouFrou
03-06-2008, 03:34 PM
Hiya SuzyQ! I love that song too! You snuck in there while I was typing away! Cabbage eh? Seems an odd thing to load up on but I LOVE cabbage too! No one else in this house does so I don't fix it often, actually can't remember the last time I had some, except cole slaw. You sound likd DD with Carl's JR. I like them too but they don't have them here. I told DD one day we will drive the 2 hours to Oklahoma and get a Carls Jr hamburger...too good! It's probably just an hour and half, lol...worth it though. Hope Gaby feels better soon...no fun being sick. I am going to have to check out the shopalholic books...I need something fun. I started Water For Elephants a few days ago but haven't read much of it so far...not because it's not good, because it has caught my attention, but just been too busy. I'll get back to it this evening I think, I hope. Have a good day missy!

tommysgirl18
03-07-2008, 01:28 AM

nothing new on this end....just trying to get some me time in before heading off to bed!

Sassy~ Thanks! So far they are working....I hope they are working for you as well! I will have to head over there to check out the calorie math!

Cristina~ Let me know what you think about that song. Tommy thought I was nuts for suggesting it, but then I realized that I had the cd that it was on, and had him listen to it and he loved it! he will hear it now and he always says "that song fits me and my mom to a tee." Brandon loves his school.....getting him off the bus and into the house is another story! Let me find you the lyrics to the song I suggested.....i will post them in another post, so that I am not making this one too big!

SusieQ~ I was reading "Brink of Death" by Brandilynn Collins. But I finished it last night. So, now I have to find the sequel to it so I can finish reading the story! I hate when they start a chapter in the book, and then leave it as a cliff hanger until you get the next book! I hope Gabster feels better!

tommysgirl18
03-07-2008, 01:33 AM
Cristina~ Sorry....the name of the song is "Perfect Fan."

but here are the lyrics for you:

It takes a lot to know what is love
Its not the big things, but the little things
That can mean enough
A lot of prayers to get me through
And there is never a day that passes by
I dont think of you
You were always there for me
Pushing me and guiding me
Always to succeed
Chorus
You showed me
When I was young just how to grow
You showed me
Everything that I should know
You showed me
Just how to walk without your hands
cause mom you always were
The perfect fan
God has been so good
Blessing me with a family
Who did all they could
And Ive had many years of grace
And it flatters me when I see a smile on your face
I wanna thank you for what youve done
In hopes I can give back to you
And be the perfect son
Chorus
You showed me how to love
You showed me how to care
And you showed me that you would
Always be there
I wanna thank you for that time
And Im proud to say youre mine
Chorus
cause mom you always were,
Mom you always were
Mom you always were,
You know you always were
cause mom you always were... the perfect fan
I love you mom

tell me what you think of the song!

FrouFrou
03-07-2008, 01:41 PM
Howdy chickadees! :egg:

MINDEE...yeah, I found that out after getting frustrated and not being able to find Biggest Fan, lol! I went to a wedding site and found wedding music and saw it and thought, I bet that is the song she meant, lol. You know, I've not crossed it off the list because I love the words, they are perfect! But wasn't crazy about the sound and I know Josh hates the Backstreet Boys, lol. Of course he will most likely not like any of the songs I like or the people that sing them anyway so...it's basically up to me. I printed out the words of the songs, this one included, I like so I can read them and sing them in my head and decide. It's hard, that's why I am asking everyone's opinion, lol. I need help!

Hiya SUSAN, KATY, SASSY, JULES, FRANCIE & SUE :wave:

Has anyone heard from Kathy? I wonder hos she is doing and how her grandbaby is. If you're reading this Kathy, stop by and say HI...miss ya!

Okay, nothing much going on with me today. Charlotte is coming over later to smell the wedding day candle...she likes the idea of the name of the candle and the front label...I don't think it matters what it smells like, lol. Hope not because I ordered 100 and they were shipped yesterday. Now to order the netting and ribbon, and kisses. She's also going to look at the little bags I bought for the kisses to see if they will work...she has silver in the decorations so they should be fine. They are white with silver hearts on them. Anyway, sorry if I am boring you guys with wedding talk, just excited about it.

Did get up early and get a 45 minute workout done before running a couple of errands. Getting ready to do a 15 minute one and then will end the day with a 30 minute one after Jeopardy. Getting back on my schedule of getting up early and breaking my exercise in 2 or 3 workouts...just works better for me. I feel I get more from it than doing it all at once. Plus doing it all at once kills me, lol. The food hasn't been so great this week though...two days of eating out. But getting back on track with it...working on staying focused. I have to...I want to lose 10 pounds by the wedding. And I have come too far to just quit so...

But Susan...I like what you said...why hurry to reach goal just to maintain, lol! Sounds good to me! Of course it has taken me forever to get this far!

Take care ladies, and have a wonderful day/weekend!

tommysgirl18
03-07-2008, 03:07 PM
hello ladies...how are you all doing?

today has been a very productive day for me so far and I am not stopping now! right now, all three kids are taking naps....so I am enjoying the peace and quiet while it lasts!

Cristina~ If you are worried about how your son will like the song. Play it for him, but don't tell him who it is until the song is over. Or.....send him the lyrics and let him tell you what he thinks about them. Tommy isn't a fan of them either......but he liked this song. So, maybe your son will have the same reaction as Tommy did. You are not boring me with the wedding details! I loved planning our wedding and I can't wait to help friends plan their weddings!

we are doing Chinese for dinner.....home style as Tommy called it. He is going to stop by the store and pick up some side items to go with it. But we are going to have chicken fried rice, some kind of Asian style noodles....and he mumbled something else but I didn't hear him because I was dealing with an unruly Brandon!

FrouFrou
03-07-2008, 03:43 PM
Back again while I am waiting for Charlotte...

MINDEE...you need to find another picture for your avatar...that pizza behind Brandon is looking good! :lol: I am keeping the song on my short list for sure because of the words. I may buy the song and listen to it over and over to really get the feel for it. Online all you basically get is a little snippet and you can't really tell. Chinese for dinner sounds good! I can't remember the last time I had chinese, hmmm, maybe we should do chinese for the rehearsal dinner?????

MSSUZYQ...where you be? I miss you when you're not here. But I know you are busy with the kids and job hunting. How is that ocming along by the way? Have you found the perfect job yet?

Well, I just wanted to stop by for a minute. I think I will go up stairs and read while I wait for Miss Charlotte...hoping she brings Cambrie...love that little girl!

Have a good one ladies!

Mom2Gaby
03-07-2008, 08:49 PM
I am here!!

Busy w/ Gaby, she isn't feeling good. Back later when I have more time. So glad it is the weekend!!

tommysgirl18
03-08-2008, 01:38 AM

Cristina~ I will change it in a second.....I actually just found this really cute picture of my country bumpkin that I have been meaning to change it. I found a couple different places you can go in order to listen to the full song. I will email them to you in a second.

SusieQ~ How is your time with the Gabster?

well.....the rest of the day went very well!

we had dinner and then the kids were all pooped!

I had a little scare this afternoon. I put Marissa down for her nap after she ate some solids at lunch time. I laid her down, and she proceeded to play and then she started crying. I went in to check on her, and well....needless to say, she only has blankets in her crib now! she did have some stuffed animals in her bed (I know I know.....she isn't suppose to), until this afternoon when she decided to pull the tag off her beanie baby bunny......and of course she put it in her mouth! I had to literally hold her hands down with one hand and sweep my finger from side to side (avoiding her teeth) to get it out. every time she would get mad at me and cry, the tag would slip away....so I would have to push my finger back in and sweep it out in order to get it out. I was all set to grab her and run to the office to get some help......but I was able to get it out far enough that I could grab it.

jules1216
03-08-2008, 03:50 PM
My vote is for Simple Man--LOVE the Song.....for those who don't know the lyrics here goes...Ry tells me it's my song to him

Mama told me when I was young
Come sit beside me, my only son
And listen closely to what I say.
And if you do this
It will help you some sunny day.
Take your time... Don't live too fast,
Troubles will come and they will pass.
Go find a woman and you'll find love,
And don't forget son,
There is someone up above.

(Chorus)
And be a simple kind of man.
Be something you love and understand.
Be a simple kind of man.
Won't you do this for me son,
If you can?

Forget your lust for the rich man's gold
All that you need is in your soul,
And you can do this if you try.
All that I want for you my son,
Is to be satisfied.

(Chorus)

Boy, don't you worry... you'll find yourself.
Follow you heart and nothing else.
And you can do this if you try.
All I want for you my son,
Is to be satisfied.

(Chorus)

FrouFrou
03-08-2008, 03:55 PM
Hiya Ladies...

MINDEE...you didn't have to change your avatar! I was kidding, but that pizza did look good, lol! It was a cute one, but this one is adorable too! THANK YOU for sending me the link to the song! I will listen to it over and over and see if maybe it will grow on me. Funny, because just hearing a snippet you don't get the full feel of it, so hearing the whole song does make a difference for sure. Like I said, I LOVE the words! I think it is perfect. I think my problem is I've not heard it much and some of the ones on my short list I really, really like so it's making it harder...that's why I need help! I'm almost as bad as Charlotte...here I was saying how she changes her mind every 5 minutes. Geez! Glad Marissa is okay, that would scare the crap out of me. Instead of taking her animals, maybe just cut the tags off...that's what I used to do with the kids toys.

SUSAN...aaahhh, poor Gaby, hope she feels better soon. :hug: :hug:

HI KATY, SASSY, JULES, FRANCIE, SUE :wave: Hoping all is well with you ladies.

Nothing much going on. Already spent half the morning on the computer looking at wedding favors. I am now thinking about doing a mixture of the kisses with the mini candy bars...with the wedding wrappers...really like them. Charlotte loved the candle scent, and the bags are fine but we are going to change the little ribbon handle to black and put some pink tissue paper in them...too cute! Anyway...

Got some exercise done and still have more to do. Doing some laundry and cooking some pinto beans for a pot of chili for dinner. It is cold out and it just sounded good.

I am up a few pounds, which I knew. Last weeks wi was crazy because I weighed Friday morning and then Sat and from then to then I supposedly gained 5 or 6 pounds. Didn't weigh again until today so...somehow I guess I did gain it...don't know. Actually, though, if I go from that WI I am actually down 3 pounds, lol. Whatever it is I am owning it, guess I have to since it is attached to my big ole body :lol: But I know I didn't do the best with eating last week and so...this week will be better. I am hoping to be down 10 pounds for/by the wedding...I can do it! Just have to stay focused!

Have a great weekend!

FrouFrou
03-08-2008, 03:59 PM
HIYA MS JULES! Long time no see! :hug:

Hey, that is me and DD's vote! I too love that song and originally thought Shinedown's version but she likes LS the best and after listening to both I agreed. The only thing I have a problem with is the part where it says 'my only son' DD thinks it won't be a big deal since Jason won't know and won't be at the reception, lol. Ugh, my head is twirling :lol:

How's that grandbaby?

jules1216
03-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Mindee--that is scary. A little boy I was babysitting when I was around 15 started choking and not breathing---freaked me out...

SuzyQ--so sorry to here little Gabster is not feeling well...

Cristina--sorry Char is being dramatical as the kids joke. I bet that little ones are already in love with you though. We definitely can't pick who our kids fall in love with and there are times we are "what were you thinking"!! I didn't like Dave from the start and everything I saw unforthunately Teri is seeing after finding out all the lies. She is so frustrated because he just expects her to forgive him and even keeps telling her she HAS too. It is the wrong thing to tell her....it never works and usually has the opposite effect. He says he has changed but the bossing her around trying to control her and making it all about him is still there. He is a very spoiled and selfish person and I just don't see ever changing that part of himself.

Sassy--I could go for some mexican myself. We haven't been to my fave place in a while..

Katy--hey there whereever you are!!

My grandboy had to get shots on Wednesday--he definitely didn't like them!! He cried for 10 minutes before we could get him calmed down enough to leave the doctors. The doctor did say she though his heart sounded better--we take him back to the cardiologist in May, hope she is right.

jules1216
03-08-2008, 04:09 PM
Cristina--I forgot about the Shinedown version. I am definitely a LS southern rock kind of girl!! It's hard to find a song that completely fits but you'll find it with your love of music!! I am making a pizza and salad for supper--I will have more salad less pizza!!

FrouFrou
03-08-2008, 05:04 PM
You are so right Jules...Char sounds like Dave a little, lol. Well, the spoiled and selfish part. I think she is definitely used to getting her way. I told Josh...I will not change for anyone and I will not tippy toe around her...I am who I am, take it or leave it.

Awww, poor little Nick, I hated when the kids would get shots...always felt bad for the whole day after that, fever and all. Hope he is okay.

And you are right, it is going to be hard to find a 'perfect' song...either the words will be right and the music off, or vice versa...I bet I end up with Simple Man, lol.

Ugh, another thing I forgot about the weight this week, you reminded me Jules...we had pizza on Tuesday...so that was 3 nights of bad eating, lol. Oh well...today is a new day! And you enjoy your pizza and salad dinner, sounds good!

Hope you have a great weekend!

Was getting ready to sign off after being on this thing for so long. Thought I would check and see if anyone posted.

tommysgirl18
03-08-2008, 05:49 PM

just enjoying a nice relaxing day inside! we are under a snow and blowing snow advisory! It was a pain in the butt just to go to the dumpster and the mail box! right now we are watching Ice Road Truckers on the History channel. It makes our snow storm look like a walk in the park!

Jules~ I love that song too! Poor little Nick! I hate when the kids get their shots. Tommy hates needles so I am the one that holds them while they get them done.

Cristina~ I know.....I just found that picture after my mom sent it to me, and I decided to pop it in there. I agree with you on just hearing a snippet of the song. I hate when they do that!

I weighed in this morning at 235.2lbs!

Sassy_Chick
03-08-2008, 08:17 PM
Hola Chicarinos!!!

Well I survived our "Big Winter Storm" We got I guess about 8-10 inches or so.........which for here I suppose is "A lot" :rolleyes: They totally freak out over an inch. :lol: Anywho, it was pretty bad as the wind was blowing and it caused drifting. So DH stayed at a hotel this morning after work, work paid for it. Hopefully he can come home in the morning though. :)

My mom emailed me and she is going to stay at work tonight, so that is good, don't have to worry about her. :)

Oh and MIL's cat took a turn for the worse, so they did end up putting her down anyways. Poor little thing I guess was having Seizures and just doing terrible towards the end. So now she is in peace. Now it will be totally weird going to the in-laws and there is no pets what-so-ever. They've always had animals since I've known them. DH said he can NEVER remember them without a pet. MIL said she actually was doing good during the whole procedure of putting the cat asleep. I was that way too. I totally broke down when I had to finally pick up Puddy's bowl and wash it and put it away. :cry:

So I haven't been doing much. Just been watching tv or movies, nothing more to do here since um the whole city is basically shut down. :lol:

I will come back later and do the indies.......Just wanted to let everybody know that I am still alive!!! :lol:

Anybody heard from Michelle??? Hoping all is well with her. :hug:

Take Care all!!!

tommysgirl18
03-08-2008, 11:18 PM
Sassy~ It is good to hear from you! That is good that your DH stayed at a hotel and your mom stayed at her work. Sorry to hear about your MIL's cat. But like you said, at least she is in a better place.

RosieKate
03-09-2008, 10:45 AM
Sorry I haven't been posting...kids are sick..yuck...both have strep. Leigh is about back to normal, but DS is been off and on.

Other than that, not much new to report
Have a great Sunday everyone!

tommysgirl18
03-10-2008, 12:20 AM
Katy~ I hope your little ones get better soon!

I just had to change Marissa's crib and her clothes. She threw up in her bed....so hopefully it was just because she ate too much and that she is not getting sick again! she has her recheck appointment Monday night at 5pm......so hopefully we won't end up at Wal-Mart getting more prescriptions!

RosieKate
03-10-2008, 11:08 AM
Oh - Mindee yuck...hope little M is feeling better. No puke here, just fevers and strep. DS is staying home today as he had a fever all day yesterday....with him, I can at least get out of the house for a workout. DD is heading back to school and she can't wait.

Today I work out, pay bills and finish laundry..at least that's the agenda for now.

Cheers

jules1216
03-10-2008, 12:26 PM
Hi everyone--can't stay long since I am at work. Verizon has to come out and check our phone line this week--service is coming and going.

I am having lots of fun with the grandboy but have to say I am a little sad at Ryan moving to Portland. I am going to miss our times together. Jerry and Teri are very similar in temperment and Ry and I are more alike. It looks like he will be leaving sometime in April. Adam and Lauren are flying out on April 2We are going to Baltimore or DC for his April 1 bday before he leaves instead of the original plan of Philadelphia--just me and him. He is just coming to OR with 2 suitcases and a messenger bag to begin with and I will ship things out to him. I think Teri is going to miss him more than she thinks--they have been living together again for about 9 months and they are really getting on each others nerves--the brother/sister opposite personality thing going on--same nit-picking things they fought about all their lives.....

So Katy & SuzyQ--what type of clothes should he pack--I am thinking he won't need all his sweaters at this point--I'll send them out later. He is not taking all his books and such and is thinking about just picking up some used bedroom furniture when he gets there--he said all he really needs is a mattress and dresser to start with. I am thinking that I will not make it longer than August or September before I have to come out so I will get to see you then. I guess I will have to get serious about losing the extra poundage so I am at least close in weight to you skinny-minis!!

FrouFrou
03-10-2008, 01:59 PM
Hi ladies...

Sassy...better safe than sorry...glad the job puts it's employees up in a hotel. Sorry about your MIL's kitty...like you said though, it is at peace and not suffering anymore so that is a good thing.

Katy...sorry the kids are sick. Hope they feel better soon.

Jules...it's hard enough when the kids move out, but even harder when they are so far away! I feel ya! :hug:

Mindee...another cute avatar...this is a very nice one, nice pic of you and the little one.

Nothing much going on today. Getting ready to jump in the shower and then do some work on the family room. It is a mess. Never did get everything organized and it's been a year since we moved here, lol. Well, almost a year...the end of the month. I've got to get it cleaned up before my mother comes for the wedding, if she does come. Not going to do any exercise...did some yesterday on my free day so taking a free day today, I think. Because it's killing me not doing it. But, for some reason my foot is hurting, the ball of it and my knees. Thought it was from the cold, the knees hurting but not sure. So going to stray from the exercise for just a day to see if I feel better tomorrow.

Have a good day!

Mom2Gaby
03-10-2008, 03:06 PM
Good Morning -

Ugh, I don't think I will have time to catch up with limited computer time!

Mindee- Hope Marissa is ok and not getting sick! Congrats on the weight!! :)

Cristina - Hope the foot is nothing serious!

Katy - Hope DS gets back to school!! lol Gab went today , what a relief.

Sassy - I am sorry about the kitty. I can't believe your winter weather!

Jules - It is 60's now, I would say tee shirts and a light jacket. It isn't cold at all and I don't think it was be winter like anymore this season.

anyway - hi to Sue , Francie and Michelle.

I am taking Gab back out of the after school care and plan on working on her *studies*.....I swear, I have such anxiety about her not passing on to 1st grade. There was suppose to be a meeting Friday w/ her teacher, speach lady and Mike. I am passing on that. I know what I have to do to help Gab , I don't want to sit in the same room as Mike and listening to his f-ing ramble how he is such a wonderful, concern parent. lol No, I am not pmsing.....

Saw McDreamy Saturday and we had pizza, - yum. I guess we are meeting his best friends (couple) on Saturday, having salmon :)

k- better get my baby from school.

tommysgirl18
03-10-2008, 04:39 PM
Hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end.....all three kiddos are taking naps. Marissa hasn't thrown up since last night so I am taking it as a good sign! Brandon got home from school with two folders full of information! He has his regular classroom folder, and then he also has a speech folder. There was information in his regular folder about spring pictures next week, and about the dentist office that comes on wheels to visit. He is good about getting on the school bus in the morning.....it is getting him off the school bus that tends to be an issue. Today it wasn't an issue because he wanted to jump to me off the bus.....but if he walks off the bus then he was to walk through the snow and then proceed to grab the shovel and have mommy chase him around! The other thing that he loves to do.....is when he gets home from school, he loves pulling every thing out of his back pack and handing it to me!

Katy~ I am hoping that it was just too much food, and not a virus or anything.

Jules~ I didn't think that Ry was moving out there that quickly....I thought it was more towards the end of the month. I know what you mean about the sibling nit-picking! I have Brandon and Logan who nit-pick back and forth all the time if they have been around each other all day.....but then on the days that Brandon has school, they don't do it as much.

Cristina~ Thanks for the nice comments. It is finally nice to have a little one that I can dress up! We have to look at getting them all Easter outfits.....although the boys already have an outfit, but I tend to venture more towards the same colors for the kids. I always get picked on for putting Brandon and Logan in matching outfits. I just figure that it is easier to put them in the same outfit if we go somewhere that way if we have to look for them, we can just say "he is wearing that outfit but a little bigger/smaller then that one." My sister Katy loves picking on me for doing it! So, now I venture more towards dressing them in at least the same color, as oppose to the same exact outfit.

SusieQ~ Thanks for the nice comments. I have been trying to stay away from the pop....which I have done well with today. I was going to have one with lunch, but pulled out a powerade instead. We actually got Brandon's speech folder sent home today, and it has his stuff that they are working on in it. The speech therapist is doing this little drawing every two weeks, and if they work for 10 minutes on the activities that they are working on during speech, then either me or Tommy has to sign the paper. I noticed when we walked into the room for his IEP, there was a sign on the wall in the speech therapists room that said "don't forget to do your speech homework every night." So, that was actually reassuring that he is going to get homework to do to help him with his talking.

I gotta run.....the boys are watching a dvd on Daytona Bike Week.......and I am hearing "dada" coming from the bedroom! I will check back in later after Marissa's recheck. The boys have their recheck appointment at the end of the month. Why they are not getting checked today at the same time is beyond me.....but that is the way that the doctor that was in wanted it done.

Sassy_Chick
03-11-2008, 01:47 AM
Morning Girls. :coffee:

I felt like total crapola so I didn't go into work lastnight (Monday night). I have been basically sleeping or at least laying down, I haven't slept much at all. :tired: I got up and took a shower and DH is making dinner. I probably will crash in a few hours or so. Hopefully get a good sleep and then be ready for work tonight. (Tuesday night). I hated calling off but I felt like I was beat. I told DH I felt like a dirty dish rag that has been stomped on. :p

Well won't keep you. It got up to 40 yesterday (heatwave) and supposed to be in the mid-40's or 50's at least during the week.

Have a Great Day!!!

tommysgirl18
03-11-2008, 02:28 AM
Sassy~ I hope you feel better soon!

Mom2Gaby
03-11-2008, 02:32 PM
Good Morning Ladies :wave:

Mindee - How is Marissa today? Hope she is able to keep her foods down. Always scary when your children don't feel good. Gaby is still complaining about her tummy ache, what is freaking me is I don't have medical coverage for her at the moment. :yikes: Gab also has a speech folder, I asked if it was at school because I haven't seen it for a week or so....I don't know where it went. Ugh.

Sassy - A tropical heatwave @ 40 degree's!:flow2: Hope you are feeling better!! :)

Cristina - How is the foot?? I still have things in boxes from last summer - mostly paper crap, I need to weed things out and I have tons of pictures that need to go in albums.

Hi to Katy, Sue, Jules, Francie and Michelle!:wave:

I need to go up my weight. I have been creeping back up - ugh. I seem to have the night time munchies lately. I ate 4 english muffins last night w/ a slice of cheese. I wasn't even hungry, just bored.

Spoke w/ Gaby's father last night and kind of ended the conversation by hanging up. lol .....he annoys me. He had called Gab's teacher saying he *might* not make it Friday. Which is fine w/ me but he wanted to know what was going to be covered and she mentioned summer school for Gab. Of course I don't know anything about this and that pissed me off.....

So, this morning I spoke w/ the teacher and she understood my frustration and said Mike shouldn't have said anything until she had a chance to talk w/ me.
I don't know about that...she was emailing me twice yesterday and never mentioned summer school. I just want to know things from her, not him.

Anyway - so the Ex doesn't know if he can make it or not...he still isn't sure. He just calls and gets everyone all confused, even was asking if I thought we could postpone it. *sigh...whatever...I will be there, we are not postponing anything.......besides he weasled all the information out of the teacher...lol.....ugh, I can't stand him.

He also ( ya, I am on a roll .....hehe) was saying " I know it is hard taking care of a sick child (really?? when have you ever done that??) but I hope you are still able to enjoy Gaby".....huh??......((no , I can't enjoy a sick child....I just have the urge to knock her against the walls and lock her in a closet)).....I don't know what he means by that...weird things come out of his mouth....

anyway - I feel fat today....and another pet peeve is people who join weight boards but never have the nerve to say how much they weigh or how much they want to lose. Ok, that motivates me......*yawn*,,,and I don't mean anyone from BIK. lmao,.....

k- think I am pmsing - toodles!!

FrouFrou
03-11-2008, 04:07 PM
Hiya Chickies...

Hugs to you Ms Susan! :hug: :hug: You're just a ray of sunshine to day aren't you? Lol...just having some fun with ya...did I make you smile? :) Come on, you can do it...:) I totally understand though...it would piss me off to if the teacher was discussing things with the ex and not me. And try not to get stressed over Gaby not moving on to First grade...I know that's easier said than done. My niece went thru kindergarten twice...for some reason she was just too tired and couldn't stay awake during class, lol. Of course I don't think SIL cared much. The foot is okay today...the pain or rather ache, whatever it is, is still there but not as bad. I'm wondering if it is the arthritis crap because from my shoulder down to my foot is feeling sore...but to the bone. I worked out this morning and am feeling okay so...but if it should get worse I will head to the doc. Have a fune time with McDreamy and friends. I've been in one of those snacking moods...so glad there's nothing to snack on! But I was a piggy with dinner.

Mindee...funny about Brandon. The kids are so cute at that age! I forgot to mention yesterday...:bravo: on the weight! Thought I had said something and MsSuzyQ reminded me and I saw that I didn't...don't know where my head is...oh I know, on the wedding, lol.

Sassy...hoping you feel better today. :hug: Such a sweetie of a hubby you have, cooking dinner for you.

Hello to Sue, Katy, Jules, Francie & Kathy!

I was up bright and early this morning...only it was still dark, lol. I don't like this time change...to early in the year for it. Did most of my exercise this morning...thought I would change it up and do the Denise Austin dvd...man, the strength part is a killer but I got in 65 minutes before heading out to run errands. Went to Hobby Lobby and found a nice wedding frame for J & C, found the fuschia tissue paper and black ribbon, hoping it's enough. Got the order of candles in today...they were sitting on the porch when I got home, glad it wasn't hot! Found some hersey hugs that are silver and sort of fuchsia/hot pink...going to try and somehow write or print "Hugs & kisses from the Mr. & Mrs." on the little heart label on the bags...then order the kisses from hersey that say Thank You rather than just married. Anyway...going to help Charlotte more with things...do her invitations for her and then do some ribbons for the pew. Her mother is a mess and can't help...her husband asked for a divorce about 3 or 4 weeks ago and she is a mess so...anyway...enough wedding talk...probably boring everyone with it. Gotta go and finish my exercise...weights, rope and bike and then I am done with it for the day. Have more laundry to do, what a surprise, lol.

Take care ladies! :hug:

tommysgirl18
03-12-2008, 03:13 AM
just popping in here quickly. I am trying to get to bed earlier then I have been, but I just peeked at the clock and it isn't working so well! I need to work on that now!

SusieQ~ Marissa is doing great! She somehow convinced Brandon to share his pickle with her. (I put pictures on myspace of it) She tried to hide it from me so I wouldn't notice it.....that didn't last that long! Brandon's speech folder gets sent home every night in his back pack. He has speech on Tuesday and Thursday. Speaking of weeding things out.....I tackled part of our closet in our room on Tuesday while Brandon was in school. I guess I am more motivated to do Spring cleaning now that he is in school! Well, I was until Logan decided to waste an entire box of Ritz crackers! He had those, the cat food, the cat's water and I think there was something else all over my kitchen floor! I was not a happy mommy! Man, you were on a roll! LOL

Cristina~ How is the foot? And how is the wedding planning as well? Thanks for the nice words about my weight! I have been making it a habit to get in my exercise after I put Brandon on the bus, since Monday. When I stepped on the scale on monday, it said I was 238.2 (which I figured it would be up since I had eaten breakfast and then exercised...then stepped on the scale). I did the same thing on Tuesday morning, and stepped on the scale after getting out of the shower and it said 237.2. So, from my calculations, if I do that every day then I could lose at least 7 pounds in one week (a pound a day). I don't think I will be weighing in every day....just wanted to see what it would say.

Mom2Gaby
03-12-2008, 03:04 PM
Good Morning, Merry Sunshine is Back!:flow2:

Cristina and Mindee- hmmm, didn't scare you guys away?? ha.

That is sweet that you are helping w/ the wedding Cristina. I am sure it means a lot to Char. My first husband's mother made us the wedding cake and carted it all the way from eastern Oregon to Portland. I don't know when she baked it but by the time the guest were eating it , it was as hard as a rock.
lol........amazing how I remember the negative things. When we divorced 2 years later she wrote in a letter to my soon to be ex "she has such a pretty face to be burning in ****".....lol - hee haw.....:dance:

*cough....ok, lets chat weight! I am still fat and I will probably be fat tomorrow too.

lol

Mindee- Glad Marissa is feeling better. I will for sure go look at the myspace photo's! Gab is still not eating much and has lost 6 pounds in a week. I am sooo worried about her.

So, Rach had a melt down this morning and threw my father's framed obit on the floor and broke the glass. Why Miss PMS.....I could just cry over that.
Also, thinking of giving up my car , it is way too expensive to drive.....$182 car payment, $160 insurance, plus at least $150 in gas a month for a grand total......$492 a month for transportation. Yikes......and $700 in rent no wonder I am always broke. Think I can just take the bus?? *wah.

k- hope you are all cheered up - lol - I am way depressed and in need of a bagel.

Toodles. lol :yikes:

tommysgirl18
03-12-2008, 03:46 PM

nothing new on this end. Brandon and Marissa are sleeping....but I am listening to my puppy, err I mean Logan, barking in his bed room. I did a lot of stuff today.....and all BEFORE Brandon got home from school! Now, I have no idea what in the world I am going to do tomorrow while he is in school!

His teacher sent a note home in response to one that I sent in to her on Monday, I believe it was. Brandon is doing great in school......BUT they are working on getting his thumb out of his mouth! Then she asked me if he sits or stands when using the bathroom. And I got him signed up for the mobile dentist that will be there in May. Then on April 4th, he will be getting his hearing and vision tested!

SusieQ~ My goodness! Oh.....you can't scare me away! I have a two year old that already tries to do that! Have you tried getting her to drink some pedialyte or gatorade? That will help her get the electrolytes in her....at least the pedialyte will. Ha! I just read the side of the powerade that I am drinking, and it basically does the same thing as pedialyte! I hope she starts to feel better soon!

FrouFrou
03-12-2008, 04:42 PM
Awww, SUZYQ...you could never scare me away! Love ya too much :hug: What a nice woman she was to say something like that, geez. And you are NOT fat missy! Sorry Rach had a melt down and broke the frame. I hear ya about the car...isn't it terrible when you pay more for the upkeep of a car than for the car itself? I would use public transportation if I lived somewhere that had it. Used to when I lived in Long Beach, CA and actually didn't mind it...that or I walked.

MINDEE...one of my brother's GF's...years ago had a son who always sucked his thumb and my brother was mean, or I thought it was but it worked and she let him do it so...he would stick the boys thumb in pepper juice or some hot sauce, all it took was a couple of times and he broke that habit. I never had that problem with the kids so don't have any advice on what to do. Funny though all the little things the kids do that we don't really think about, or me anyway, until the go to school and the teachers bring it to our attention. I just figure kids are kids and they will out grow whatever it is. I'm sure you will find something to keep you busy while Brandon is in school. There's always laundry to do, lol.

And speaking of which...I have two loads to do, ugh! Did my exercise for the day, had some errands to run and nothing much else going on.

Have a good day ladies, or at least try to. Lots of hugs :hug: :hug:

Mom2Gaby
03-12-2008, 05:25 PM
Back again -

I have done my laundry Cristina - neener, neener. haha ......there was an article in the paper today about a man that walks everywhere or takes the bus. He is fit and enjoys the slow pace, I guess. It would give me the $$ for clothes and other stuff.....I asked Gab though and she *too slow* about taking buses.

Thanks about the gatorade tip Mindee! I will go get her some now, she did eat jello.

better go back to my hole.....lol ta ta

tommysgirl18
03-12-2008, 11:55 PM
just popping in ladies......

Cristina~ I can't actually do any laundry until Tommy is home. We have to use the laundry room either here at the complex or at the laundry mat. We knew that he sucked his thumb, but it was a surprise to find out that he was doing it in school. As far as the hot sauce, he is like his daddy and has an iron gut....so we can't use that.

SusieQ~ Good luck with the gatorade. How is the Gabster doing now?

Sassy_Chick
03-13-2008, 01:09 AM
Good Thursday Morning Girls!!! :coffee:

I am soooooooo glad that it is finally Thursday AM. Only 7 hrs to go and I'm off again. :carrot:

I've been busier than a one-arm paper hanger at work, lemme tell ya. Just now (knocking on wood) it has finally calmed down a bit.......

Anywho, weather is great, lets hope it stays that way!!! When I left for work yesterday evening, it was sunny and 60 degrees!!! :D Supposed to stay in the 50's all weekend, rain, but I can deal w/ rain. Kinda weird to see the piles of snow where they had plowed from our "Blizzard" last week and it was Sunny and 60 today. lol.

Well I will post more when I am off, probably on Friday night, when DH goes back to work. ;)

Big Spring :hug: to all.

tommysgirl18
03-13-2008, 02:56 AM
Sassy~ It is good to hear from you! I hear ya on the nicer weather! It was a little chilly on Wednesday, but it is suppose to be getting warmer with each passing day!

Mom2Gaby
03-13-2008, 02:12 PM
Good Morning -

I feel so pms, my back is killing me and I have the munchies. Last night I ate a bowl of oatmeal, thinking I would stop there but I had bought some frito's so had a few handfuls and a glass of ice water.

Watched American Idol w/ Rach who had calmed down and didn't understand why I was upset w/ her. Little Turd.

There is a weird person hanging around the high school and he called last night and pranked Rach. He is a child molester and is obsessed w/ one of her friends. How he got my number I don't know. So, that freaked her out.

I guess he went up to Beck at the bus stop and was asking directions the other day. Her friend said "come on Beck" and the next time he saw her he said "hi Beck my name is *blah,blah*, I am a child molester.
Ok, that freaked me out so we called the school this morning and the dean said they had several complaints about him already.
Isn't the school suppose to send out a letter informing parents to be on the look out?? If he is a child molester he shouldn't be around children.

So, that is how my world churns.

Took Gab to get her hair cut and bought her a new outfit along w/ some under clothes. She insisted she didn't need underwear....lol, I bought them anyway.

Just had a slim fast this morning .......

Hi to Sassy , Mindee and Cristina!! and all the MIA's .....Katy, Jules,and Sue, Francie and Michelle.

tommysgirl18
03-13-2008, 04:58 PM

nothing new on this end....same stuff just a different day!

SusieQ~ I would have been so mad! Actually, mad would have been an understatement. I would have been so p*ssed off! There is a website out there that you can check to see if there are any child molesters in your area. familywatchdog.us If he is indeed a child molester, then he should be on there!

Mom2Gaby
03-13-2008, 06:05 PM
What an excellent site Mindee, downright gives me the creepies.

I saw a few w/ this man's first name but they didn't seem like what Rach says about him. He is suppose to be 40ish, hispanic.
I guess the story is Rach and this friend of her's met him several months ago and he took a liking to the friend. Finally the story comes out that he has a criminal past and he was calling this girl leaving weird messages so she turned him in to his PO. He spent time in jail and just got out a week or so ago.

Of course I am hearing this for the first time last night as the phone rings and Rach freaks out because she believes it was him. Who knows what is true w/ Rach she is dramatic. I believe Beck though.

anyway - Gab is feeling better , so I am happy about that.

tommysgirl18
03-14-2008, 12:56 AM
SusieQ~ I know what you mean! I checked that site out right when we moved in here and got internet because I heard it on America's Most Wanted. There was a guy that lives just across the parking lot from us! And the worst thing about it......he has kids in his apartment! I will have to check it again, but I don't think he lives there any more! You actually just reminded me.....I was going to send our office manager the link. She said that she had a one come into the office, and the owners son wanted her to rent him an apartment! (she said that the guy was completely honest with her about it all and that it was 20 years ago and it was his girlfriend at the time. the then girlfriend then turned around and said that he was molesting her and such. the owners son kept telling her "rent to him.....rent to him." she told him that she didn't have a place for him because there are kids in every building of the complex)

If he is stalking them....then turn him in again!

Sassy_Chick
03-14-2008, 07:51 AM
Morning All :coffee:

Well my mom is once again talking about wanting to move in with us......I wish she'd make up her mind......:rolleyes: I know its a big decision and I've been there before, but she needs to make up her mind once and for all. I think its gonna be just like how I got here, (here being Ohio, I am from Indiana, not a huge move but still a different environment) one day something happens and you just say, "That is it" and your life changes. At least that is how it happened for me and I am glad I did it. ;) Infact that is how I met my DH. He is from here. (Ohio) :love:

But I know its much harder for her since she is much older and hasn't moved away from there in a long long time (way before she had me). I was only in my early 20's when I moved, so you know how young folks think. lol. Young Folks, makes me sound like I'm ancient doesn't it? lol. :p

Anywho, I just wanted to come in and share a site with you all that I happened upon on while looking for a recipe. Its the Quaker Oats site (http://www.quakeroatmeal.com/index.cfm). They have a Weight Management portion on their site where you can sign up and get a customized eating and exercise plan. I may just try this one......It makes it easier, although it has a lot of quaker items in there. But I am sure you can substitute.......

I haven't been doing well in what I've been eating, but at least I have managed to control my portion size. That is one plus. See I am staying positive, for once. :D It is scary ya'all. :fr: I've been in a "positive" state of mind for about 2 weeks or so now!! That is incredible to me! I just stay focused on staying positive because being negative only brings negative things, or at least I think it does for me. I am not saying I will never ever again be negative because lets face it, I am human. But I have noticed a big change and how people respond too. It makes a huge difference. :) Even at work, when I found out some "frustrating" news. I did vent my frustration, but I moved on. I did not "focus" on the negative. I dunno its a very small thing but I can honestly say I am proud of me. :cheer2: That is a huge step for me and most of you who know me anyways, know that work was my major negative point. I am not saying that I won't have bad days, because lets face it, we all do at one point or another.

I dunno I am just rambling here........lol. :shrug:

Today is supposed to be warm again, up to about 50 degrees, but its already 43, so I imagine its gonna get warmer than that!!! :carrot:

Sorry I have not done individual postings yet......I will tonight..........:)

Have a Great Friday!!!!

Sassy_Chick
03-14-2008, 08:10 AM
I just wanted to share a Beautiful Song I just heard:
(Click on the link to watch the video on you tube)

Mountains (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEQYN1DC220)

By: LoneStar

Lucinda Jones workin' at the IHop
Ten years worth of bacon, eggs an' tears
She's waited on every creed an' color,
While waitin' on this day to get here
Graveyard shifts, two bit tips,
Makin' every quarter count,
Was worth it all to see her son,
In that cap an' gown

There are times in life when you gotta crawl,
Lose your grip, trip an' fall
When you can't lean on no-one else:
That's when you find yourself
I've been around an' I've noticed that,
Walkin's easy when the road is flat
Them danged ol' hills'll get you every time
Yeah, the good Lord gave us mountains,
So we could learn how to climb

Private Bobby Dunn came back from the war,
Lost his leg but they couldn't take his will
**** bent to run in that local marathon,
He trained through the endless pain an' pills
It hurt so bad that sometimes,
He just had to cry,
He didn't stop until he crossed,
That finish line

Them dang dong hills'll get you every time

This world ain't fair,
It can knock you on your butt
You can just lie there,
Or you can get back up
You gotta get back up

Them danged ol' hills'll get you every time
(The good Lord gave us mountains)
Yeah, oh
www.onlylyrics.com

tommysgirl18
03-14-2008, 12:51 PM

nothing much going on here......just getting some things done online before Brandon gets home. Both Marissa and Logan are laying down....so that is nice. I have been doing good with my eating (and not eating late at night), I haven't had a pop in a couple of days....so that is good for me! I am also doing good with my exercising as well! I have done it every morning since Monday, and I have lost some inches as well! I took my measurements on Monday, and then I retook them yesterday I believe it was, and already saw a difference!

Sassy~ That is a great song!!!! I hope your mom makes up her mind soon! Great job on your baby steps!!

FrouFrou
03-14-2008, 03:53 PM
Howdy ladies...

SUSAN...if the school isn't going to do anything I would contact the police...the guy creeps me out! I sure wouldn't want some creep hanging around the school and who knows, possibly following the girls. Gaby is such the cutie, lol!

MINDEE...I would never do the hot sauce thing or suggest it to anyone...was just saying what my brother did. But it did work, lol. Hey, WTG on the inches and exercise! :woohoo:

SASSY...well, hopefully your mom will make up her mind soon. I bet it is a hard decision though and you are right. I think it's a little different when your young than older. It's hard to leave a place you've been most of your life for sure. WTG on the NSV! :bravo:

Hiya JULES, KATY, SUE, FRANCIE and anyone reading this! :wave:

Sorry for not making it here yesterday...time just got away from me. Had some errands to run and then spent the little bit of computer time I had on wedding stuff. All I have to do is order the kisses and I am done, well, sort of. I may end up giving Charlotte a shower if no one else is. I know her MOH is having a bachlorette party on top of raising a family and going to nursing school...don't know if she works too...but she is a busy lady! So I told her yesterday I would if no one is...ugh, why do I do these things? I know...because no one did it for me and she deserves the wedding of her dreams, almost the wedding of her dreams. She deserves to have one simple as that so...momma c will give her one but we have to do it soon! Yeah, like I said, it's not even my wedding but it is consuming my time. But it will be over soon so...

Didn't exercise today because my back is being stupid again and I am not going to chance it going out. I am being very careful. On top of it I twisted my ankle...just a mess here. And the eating isn't going so great because of all the running around. I know that's not an excuse but I am trying to eat the right stuff while out. Doesn't always happen so...I've got to get on track and stay on track or I won't be fitting in my dress.

Nothing special planned for the weekend...helping Charlotte with the invitations tomorrow and talking wedding and that's about it. I am hoping to relax on Sunday before it starts again on Monday. Anyway...

Hoping all is well with you ladies, and I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Take care :hug:

Mom2Gaby
03-14-2008, 08:16 PM
*sigh Afternoon -

I made it! It has been a crazed day w/ no school for Gaby. Rach is being a lazy butt and sleeping all day.

Very sweet of you to support Char in the wedding plans Cristina -

Last night of swimming was yesterday. Gab will stay in Seals again, makes for the 3rd time but she made great improvements. Just anxious for the weekend to start and getting a break from Gab as she spends time w/ her father. He won't be back in town until tomorrow though.
I asked McD to postpone meeting his best friends at dinner. Mainly because I won't know what time Gab's dad is getting into town and I rather have him all to myself....haha, won't tell him that though. We have dated now for 3 1/2 months, where has the time gone??

Anyway - having tuna for dinner, laundry is almost done and I might take Gab swimming or to the Dr.Suess movie tonight.

Hi to everyone and I will catch up tomorrow!!

FrouFrou
03-15-2008, 01:32 AM
Hiya Susan!

Are the kids out for spring break? I'm thinking the kids are here...a lot were out of school today.

3 1/2 months already?! The time has gone by too fast for sure...doesn't seem like it's been over 3 months since you've been dating McD.

Try to have a relaxing weekend, I"m going to try, lol.

I hate the rain sometimes but this weekend it will be a little soothing, relaxing to/for me. Maybe I will get a lot of reading done.

Have a great weekend!

FrouFrou
03-15-2008, 10:44 AM
Good morning lovely ladies!

Such a ugly, gloomy day but I am loving it. I hope it rains the whole weekend!

Nothing much going on right now...the house is quiet because everyone is still in bed, other than the hubby...he was up at 3 to get to work. My body is getting back on schedule, yay. I woke up before the alarm had a chance to go off. Going to try and do some kind of exercise, not sure what. I did do a hour last night before I started dinner and felt good about that. The plan was to do a hour this morning so we will see...my body is just aching for some reason. Oh and the scales are stuck at 182...going to have to step it up this week. Anyway...

Just thought I would stop by and say HI :wave:

Have a wonderful weekend!

Mom2Gaby
03-15-2008, 03:17 PM
Good morning -

I managed to get back down to 162, yipeeee. I still have a terrible time w/ the munchies at night. Ice helps, I like to munch on that and break my teeth , no doubt. haha

I think it has been 3 1/2 months Cristina, course I am counting the 2 weeks we were just emailing - we began doing that first of Dec. Why do you want it to rain???:rain: lol

Spring break is the week of the 24th here. I can't believe Easter is in March,when did that happen?? lol = space cadet. Yesterday there was no school so the teachers could work on report cards, I think that was it. Met w/ her teacher and speech lady and Gab will get 120 minutes a month now instead of 90 w/ the speech lady.

Taking Rach for a job interview this morning and she should get a letter in the mail regarding school, I hope she gets into the program! She would come out w/ her high school diploma and 70 college credits, did I say this before?? :dizzy:

I think I will just go to Powells and buy Shopaholic ties the knot...been waiting forever at the library for a copy.
Oh, and Gab went w/ her father this morning. I miss her already. I really don't want to go out to dinner tonight. I rather read......lol - sheesh.....cheesebread or not. I wanna stay home!! :tantrum: I guess I could, huh?? Who says I have to go out every Saturday?? I don't. I have had Gab for a straight 2 weeks, I think I just want some alone time. argh,,,,,,as the world churns.....

k- chat at you all later!!

Mom2Gaby
03-15-2008, 06:35 PM
I suppose everyone else has a life, huh?? lol

Ok, I am back for a sec.....

Mindee - Great on the pop intake! Whenever I drink soda it is usually diet pepsi or diet sprite but I kind of like ice water lately. Hope the kids are doing well!

Sassy - It would be nice to have your mother be close to you. I hope she does decide to move.

anyway- went to the store and bought Rach some more Hummus?? I ate all of her's last night,,,,,it is so gross but I kept thinking it would get better and before I knew it I ate the whole container. haha

Went and bought Shopaholic Ties the Knot at Powells for $5.00, used paperback. I mentioned on another thread and it was deleted for some reason so I will write it here again. My favorite Shopaholic book was *Shop* takes Manhatten, I thought that was the funniest one. Anyway, I hope you enjoy them just as much Cristina.

Oh, Rach got into the college program! She starts March 31st. It will be mainly afternoon classes where McD is located, argh. I really wanted her over on this side of town but next Sept she will move over to a closer campus.

k- off to clean some and start my book! Chat later

Sassy_Chick
03-16-2008, 07:59 AM
Hi :chicken: Peeps, :chicken: what up? lol.......:lol:

Well I finally colored my hair. :fr: I had the color for a while and just never did it. Well it was a mistake. I think it was the brand because I usually get something different. I keep itching and I've washed my hair like 3 x's. Plus the fact I got the freaking color all over the bathroom........Just was not a good experience. lol. And I've done it many times before with no problems. Well lets just say will be a LONG time before I do it again! lol.

Its not a drastic color, its dark auburn and my natural hair color is brown, so nothing too weird. lol. Nobody will probably even notice. Oh well. It covered the few grey's I had I guess. lol.

Boy there is drama going on at work. DH gave me the "Scoop" and men say we gossip!!! :gossip: lol. Basically this one co-worker of ours is a compulsive liar :nose: and even lies to our boss. I can't believe what a liar that guy is!!! Also what amazes me is the "Liar" is our bosses little "Golden" child, he gets away with murder, infact he and the other "Golden Boy", who actually does ALL the work, so he actually is a good guy, he just sucks up to the boss so he can do what he wants.........are both going to Chicago for one week PAID by the company. Also one of them is in charge of ASSIGNING us cubes once we move downstairs to the new place we are moving too. I am like WTF? Are we in kindergarten now? R we going to have to stand up at the beginning of every shift and say the pledge of allegiance now? Well if we are going back to Kindergarten days then I want my milk and cookies dammit! :cookie: lol. Oh well I go to work and "flip my burgers" as DH says and go home. lol.

I watched Fried Green Tomatoes tonight. I love that movie....."TWANDA!!!" :hyper: lol. You won't know what that means unless you've seen the movie or read the book. (I think that is in the book anyways, I haven't read the book....lol) hee hee. but its cute.

Stupid idiotic neighbors were partying lastnight too. Idiots. Next time they bang on the wall because they "Think" our tv is too loud I am going to go pound on there stupid heads! lol. :club: So I told DH to be extra annoying on his nights off. lol.

I hate annoying neighbors and I have thought about it and we've always had one in every single place we stayed. Why is that? lol. I think all the annoying neighbors should have to live next door to each other!!! lol.

Anywho.........rambling away here. lol. :blah:

It was really foggy yesterday morning!!! Holy Smokes!! It looked like we were living in London or something!!! lol. But DH made it home safe and sound. I am freaking freezing in this apt and the thermastat says it is 70 degrees! Why is it I freeze in the winter AND in the summer? When the air is on, boy is it on!! Why can't the heat be that way? Geez. Its not terribly cold out, its 34 outside but I am chilled. :brr:

Well I hate to ramble and "run" but my little fingers are beginning to freeze to the keyboard.......hee hee hee. Ttyl!!

Mom2Gaby
03-16-2008, 04:26 PM
Good Morning -

Sassy - Sure sweetie, type and run! lol You were on a roll. I never known men to be gossips -actually I have always favored men friendships over women because they seem more matter of fact and you know - simple. :D

Nothing new here. I read some of the Shopaholic book last night before McD called. I ended up going over to his frineds for dinner. Very nice couple, McD has known them for 20 years. We had a wonderful salad, salmon, steamed rice and of course cheesebread. Dessert was marion berry ice cream but I didn't have any of that, I just nibbled on my 2nd slice of bread.

Of course didn't weigh this morning - and went to Noah's for a onion bagel and w/ some turkey. Tomorrow I will get back on board and my goal is to reach 160 by Friday.

Claimed another week of unemployment and am just so thrilled. :dizzy: I really cross fingers for a job soon. Rach goes for a drug test tomorrow for her job, she was offered a job - did I say that? Good for her, I just don't want her overwhelmed w/ school and job all at the same time.

Better get, time is ticking before Gab gets home!!

Hi to everyone!:wave:

tommysgirl18
03-16-2008, 11:06 PM
Golly Gee, you ladies have been really chatty!

nothing really new here.....just had a busy weekend! we took the kids to a custom bike show on Saturday, and then today we just stayed home and relaxed. I taped "I can make you thin with Paul McKenna" off of TLC. I haven't watched it yet, so I don't know how good it is.

It is 10pm and I am ready to go to bed! I went to bed last night at 12:30am and I felt great this morning! Marissa is still awake, but she is finally laying down now!! So, I am hoping that I can get into the shower and head to bed early tonight. I need to make sure that I get up early so I can get Brandon ready for school, get him on the bus, and make sure that I get my work out in AND shower long before the maintenance guy comes over to caulk the bath tub again!

Sassy~ You have a point about the men thinking that we are more gossipy then men!

Cristina~ My goodness you have been one busy lady! I hope you can get your back to cooperate with you!

SusieQ~ Has it been 3 1/2 months already? That is great that Rach got into that program and a job!

suetalks
03-17-2008, 12:25 PM
SusieQ- Yay for Rach getting into the college program AND a job to boot. Yeah, you are right to not want her to be overwhelmed with the job and school. But, summer is coming up, so she should be able to handle it. My DGD is 17 and works at Subway while keeping her grades up. She is a B student and also in a singing group. I think it is doable. Just make sure she gets her sleep.

Mindee- Hope you get everything done before the guy comes to caulk. Don't want him to catch you in the shower...lol.

Sassy- I hear ya about the haircolor. I had let my color grow out and was (mostly) gray for about 2 years. Decided to color again and I am wondering WHY. I hate the red color I got, and it is a hassle. I may go gray again.

Cristina- Hear ya about being stuck. Only in my case it is not so much stuck..it is gaining. I did so well last summer and got down to 164. I have gained 10 pounds with this up and down eating and stress level. Doesn't help that I quit biking cold turkey last year...my muscles are flab again. Geesh. Anyway, good luck to us both! :)

Just wanted to pop in and say good Irish morning to you all. It is cool and supposed to rain here AGAIN. I want to work in the yard...*whine*

Mom2Gaby
03-17-2008, 02:09 PM
Good Morning -
:drinkup::luck2you::cupgold::goldpot::kissluck:

Ok, that is as Irish as I am getting. :) I have no green clothes so I dressed Gab and myself in black and white. lol

Sue- Nice to have you drop in! Miss seeing you around here. Isn't it odd how we go up and down the scale? I swear I saw 159 one day and you think that would have motivated me to continue but I end up w/ the munchies and gain back. Thanks for the congrats on Rachel. She will go to school for 4 hours in the afternoon and the school says she should have 2/3 hours of homework a day, plus w/ the job she should be busy and staying out of trouble. haha. Cross fingers it works out ok!

Mindee- You always sound so busy w/ the kids. I don't know how you do it with 3 little ones. My hats off to you. Yep, 3 1/2 months..........McD offered to bring Rach home after her evening classes since they both should be done for the day at the same time. I thought that was nice but I was wanting him to meet the kids at 6 months. It would make things easier if he met them now I guess. Totally not ready for that though! :fr: Did Brandon wear green to school???

Hi to Sassy, Cristina, Francie, Jules, Katy and Michelle!!!

I have to get busy on my job search stuff. I had 2 slices of toast w/ slim fast this morning. I read Shopaholic Ties the Knot :book2: until 4am. I munched on salad w/ ranch dressing. I felt guilty over that and I drank 2 glasses of ice water.......hmmm, also had some tablespoons of mac and cheese.....ugh. I am really going to work at getting to 160 by Friday!

k- chat at you later and Happy St Patricks Day!

tommysgirl18
03-17-2008, 05:16 PM

nothing new on this end.....managed to get some clothes sorting done. I even managed to make some sugar cookies. I used parchment paper under them so, I don't think I cooked them for as long as I should have because they were kind of doughy. I don't like cooking them on the parchment paper but Tommy bought it so that it would be easier on me so I would haven't to wash the cookie sheets after making them.

In the two and a half hours that Brandon was at school, he did at least 5 or 6 different crafts geared towards St. Patrick's Day. I have to hard boil an egg for him tomorrow night, since on Wednesday they are going to be decorating Easter Eggs on Wednesday in class. Then on Thursday, they are having a pizza party and a movie for reading books for the "March is Reading Month." Both the morning and afternoon class, wanted to read 360 books before Thursday, and in Brandon's weekly newsletter from his teacher, this morning they were up to 250 books! Brandon took in four papers with five books on each one, so there is another 20 books to add! He got a bookmark that says that he is entitled to a free kids meal at Texas Roadhouse.

Sue~ I did get every thing done, and in the shower......but they haven't come to caulk the shower yet! So, I am sure that they are finishing up on the last of the apartments that they were redoing. It will get done though, and I am not in that big of a hurry to get it done! Although, we do have a cute maintenance guy that is close to my age....so I wouldn't mind one bit!

SusieQ~ Yup, he wore a green t-shirt and green pants.....and took it a step further and wore my little leprechaun pin! When he got home from school, I asked him if I could wear my pin since I wasn't wearing any green. He told me that I couldn't....so then I told him that someone was going to pinch me because I wasn't wearing green. He turned around and pinched me three times! When are you going to let McD meet the girls?

FrouFrou
03-17-2008, 05:22 PM
Hiya ladies, and a Happy ST. Paddy's Day! :luck2you::drinkup::cupgold:

MS SUZYQ...:yay: for Rach getting into the program! :bravo: :yay: Hmmm, wonder why your post was deleted on the other thread? Sorry I missed it. I haven't started the Shop book yet...finally finished the one I was reading and now reading The Prize Winner From Defiance, OH...saw the movie and love it and had to read the book. It was written by the woman's DD. Can't believe that they actually made a living that way, pretty cool. But going to start the Shop one next...Kite Runner will just have to wait, lol. 3 1/2 months already?! Time sure flies doesn't it. Glad his friends were nice and you guys had a nice dinner. And I don't know, just like the calmness of the rain so I can get cozy, and curl up on the couch with a book. Just seems like good reading weather.

SUE...yes, good luck to us for sure. I think I am where Ms SuzyQ is with the snacking...not sure what hit me but I am just wanting to eat all the time. With my foot being stupid I've not exercised in three days, :yikes: I'll get back on track though...I have to!

SASSY...didn't you know that we ARE back in kindergarten? :lol: So You better demand the milk and cookies! I agree about men and gossiping, lol. V comes home and I hear all kinds of gossip. His boss lives down the street and the people that live next door to them he calls the wife Mrs Kravitz, lol. She 'thinks' she knows EVERYTHING going on in the subdivision...between her and another neighbor-it is ridiculous. But back to the boss and V...all those guys are always gossiping at work. I think it is much worse than the women. Any news on your momma?

MINDEE...now I know how Charlotte is feeling with the stress from the wedding. This isn't my wedding and I am feeling the stress, ugh! And I have been so busy with it. I was going to say I am done but I'm not...still have the favors to get put together, do the rehearsal dinner, which is nothing, just need to make reservations and I think that is it for our part. Unless of course she needs help...nope I forgot, she wants me to make the pew bows. I did the shopping today so the gifts are bought...just have to pick the one up because it was an online thing. Oh, have to find DD a pair of shoes and a sweater. UGH!!! It will be over soon though. How are the kiddoes?

Anyway, as I was saying to Mindee...I think my life revolves around a wedding now days. It is proving to be hard to stay on track with any kind of dieting too! But I am making good choices...just gotta get it under control though before it gets out of hand. And the snacking...not sure what happened there. Just want to snack all the time for some reason. Going to have to start reading more again to keep my mind on other things. I don't have any snack foods in the house so that is good. Well, other than crackers or granola bars.

But yeah, another day of shopping. I think most girls love to shop don't they? I don't! Went to three different stores...found my shoes, and a couple of shirts...Kohl's is having an awesome sale, lol. Just have to find daughter some shoes and while I found a sweater she didn't like it. She wants one with long sleeves and a little longer than just these little cover up things that are basically for looks. Ugh, I don't want to go shopping again, lol. So I found out that I don't have to give a bridal shower :yay: I would have but I am glad her maid-of-honor is. Weird...she is doing a combo bridal shower/bachlorette party. Okay, no more wedding talk, lol.

Hope you ladies are having a good day!

FrouFrou
03-17-2008, 05:25 PM
HIYA MINDEE...you snuck in while I was typing away! Wow, lots of stuff for Brandon eh? That's cool though, bet he is loving all the activities at school. I was going to say Easter eggs, what? I forgot Easter is Sunday...too early this years, isn't it? That's a lot of books too! Wow, I am impressed! They will make it to 350 and yay to Brandon for his bookmark! :yay:

tommysgirl18
03-17-2008, 05:26 PM
Cristina~ You are one busy woman!!! That sounds like you have every thing figured out and planned.

Brandon is showing daddy all his projects that he did at school today!

tommysgirl18
03-17-2008, 05:29 PM
Cristina~ You snuck in on me! He is really excited about going to school and they do a lot of stuff in the short amount of time that they are there....so that makes it a really great thing for him!

Mom2Gaby
03-17-2008, 10:04 PM
Good Evening -

omg - I have been walking for hours and in need of a shower! I like totally stink. Too much info?? haha. Actually I didn't walk and I don't stink.

Which reminds me I picked up some grapefruit lotion at the store over the weekend. I read where grapefruit smell makes you appear younger to the man. So, I was telling the cashier this and she said "so, you going to give it a go??".....yep, I said I wanna be at least 20. haha.

Cristina- I loved the begining of Kite Runner but the middle and end kind of was too dramatic and depressing. I haven't been feeling too good today, must be the hummas I ate -lol - sounds gross - have you eaten hummas? I love to bargain shop, I bought Gaby a cute sweater and dress of only $11 - total. and she looks so nice in it. Anyway - I love the wedding talk, it is fun :)

Mindee- Gaby was excited when I picked her up. She was all in a tither about the leprechaun visiting the classroom and leaving behind gold for the kids while they were on the playground - of course the gold turned out to be chocolate. I have never seen her so thrilled. She said "you know it is kind of like elves., their small" and I said "like the tooth fairy??" and she agreed. We always have these indepth conversations. lol
I am not sure when the kids are going to meet McD. It would be nice if he could give Rach evening transportation back home. He has offered several times, he is very easy going, laid back kind of guy.

So, my chickies are at the PTA movie - it is Disney Game Plan. I have laundry in, almost ready for the dryer.
I ate a small portion of mac and cheese w/ Gaby today and some pretzels. I need to go shopping in the morning. I just feel ill and exhausted,.....I guess I should go to bed before 4am, huh? Now I am dragging, I never learn.

k- better get. You all have a nice evening :)

tommysgirl18
03-17-2008, 10:39 PM
just popping back in here really quickly......

last night I was in bed again by 12:30am.....so I am hoping to make this a new trend! I even got up with my alarm, and was already awake when Tommy called to make sure that I was awake! Tomorrow, is a big day for Brandon.....they have school pictures! I can't wait to see how they will turn out!!!!

I have to run to the dumper to take some garbage out.....then finish filling up the dishwasher and get that running. the kids are coughing.....and Marissa is stuffy. So, it looks like the wonderful weather here in Michigan is sparking a cold with them. Hopefully the medicine is working on all three of them!

SusieQ~ That sounds like the Gabster had a lot of fun! I love having conversations like that with Brandon when he gets home from school! I have noticed on a couple of his projects, that they have him learning to write his name already! He is also getting better at laying his name, and other things, so school is working out for him! he is doing great in speech too!

Sassy_Chick
03-17-2008, 11:54 PM
Hey Ya'll.

:patrick:Hope you all had a Happy St. Paddy's Day!!! :cupgold:

Can u beleive on the way into work tonight it was freezing rain??!!! :fr: And its in the mid 40's here. Totally weird. lol.

I have been just blah. Don't feel bad or anything, not sad about anything, just blah. :p So I didn't do diddly on the weekend. I did watch that new show on TLC, "I can make you thin" Interesting. Really basic stuff.

1) Eat when you are hungry
2) Eat What you want -- infact he said to throw out all the low-fat, low cal stuff that you don't like!!! lol. I love this man!!! :love: lol.
3) Eat Consiously (he says to put your fork down in between bites)
4) When you are full stop eating.

The show is going to be following people who are following his plan. He had a woman on there from India who lost 160 pounds supposedly on this. So that is basically what I have been doing even before this show. So I guess I am not totally off my rocker. :p Just have to be more "concious" about eating because we eat in front of the tv. That is a no-no according to him. :nono: So I have to work on that.

Anywho.......

Suzie Q -- LOL. My wittle fingers were freezing off, so that is why I "typed and ran" :lol: Now I am all warm at work. lol. The dinner you had sounds good. Hope you find a job soon. :)

Mindee -- Yes I think men -- at times can be worse than women. lol. hope you got your rest. :hug:

Sue -- I used Nice N' Easy. Should be Nice N' Messy! :p lol. I usually use Clarol Hyrdence or something to that affect. But yeah this color will be lasting me a while!! I usually only do it once a year anyhow. But yeah it just was a bad experience I was like "WHY did I do this?" lol. :dizzy:

Cristina -- I did get my cookies and no milk. lol. I only like Chocolate milk anyways. hee hee. My DH came home this morning with 3 boxes of the Thin Mint Girlscout Cookies!!! :faint: I did good though, I have only eaten a few cookies so far. :) My DH is a gossiper, he may not admit it, but he is. lol. He is the one who always knows what is going on. lol. Its funny. :lol: Speaking of weddings have you all watched that "Bulging Brides" on its either on WE or Oxygen. Kinda interesting the "Bulging Brides" have 6 weeks to lose the weight. They have a nutrionist and a trainer. I'd hate that trainer but he does get results! lol.

Hi to everybody else out there!! :wave:

Big :hug:

RosieKate
03-18-2008, 10:16 AM
Sassy--hehe I could have used a bulging bride personal trainer back in the day - for sure....I never was good at losing by a deadline

Susan- Sounds like G had a good St. P's at school...Leigh did too. One kid came to school dressed up like a leprechaun and passed out chocolate coins...very cute.

Mindee - I enjoy reading about Brandon's school - it sounds wonderful

Crisitna- how go the wedding plans today? I remember when we were planning ours 18 years ago...even though we had a real scaled down, simple, wedding, it was still crazy to plan. Why is that?

Sue - Hiya..good to see you popping in....

Sorry I haven't been around...kids were sick, now I am catching up this week and getting ready to leave town for spring break next week. Not much time to post, I 'm afraid. I finally dipped a bit below my ticker weight, but not enough to change it, yet...working hard at it..in fact I am off to pilates in 45 minutes....so have a great day everyone! I will try to post a bit before we leave

Mom2Gaby
03-18-2008, 02:51 PM
Good Morning,

I have to be somewhat fast because I have Gaby and Rach home today. I let Gab stay because she wasn't feeling good. I hope she isn't getting in bad habits w/ wanting to avoid school.....I mean, this morning she said she her feet were hurting, like that should be enough for a *sick day*. lol

Katy - We did miss you!! I was going to say something today about DS and DD, I am glad they are feeling better. I was at Starbucks and saw a poster for Japanese Gardens on 3/25 - free admission. I think I will go if it is sunny. Last time I took the girls they were throwing pepples in the exotic fish pond.....did I spell exotic correctly? ugh.

Sassy - I hope you are getting out of your blahs! It is nice to have you back too after the weekend......

which is a good place to say Jules, where are you??

Mindee - Brandon is a doll, I enjoy hearing about his schools days!!

ok- hi to Cristina , Sue, Francie, Michelle!!

I need to go have som eproper breakfast and Rach has to go for her drug test w/ her new job. Lets hope she passes....lol

Toodles!

FrouFrou
03-18-2008, 03:48 PM
Hello ladies...

Man, I am tired of shopping! Was trying to find DD a sweater. She's wearing a summer'y dress, so cute...but we know the air will be on for the reception and she will freeze. So everything is the half sleeve or 3/4 sleeve and those cute little, and I do mean little, short things. Found one at Kohl's yesterday but she didn't like it for the reasons above, lol. At least we found her some shoes! Hey, does walking around the mall for two hours count as exercise, lol? I am counting it today, lol! I did get in 45 minutes before leaving so that felt good, sort of. I hadn't done any exercise since Friday :yikes: Just good to be home.

SUSAN...hope the girls feel better soon. And no, I have not had any hummus (sp?) one day I may try it. I do love a good sale, I just hate digging! Some of those places people go crazy and make a big mess and this Kohl's is one of those places. That was cute...the leprechaun leaving the gold, lol.

KATY...wedding plans are coming along...pretty much done sort of. As done as can be before the actual day. No, actually we are working on the music. I think I am going to go with Forever Young by Rod Stewart for the mother/son dance. I like the words, and it's not country or sappy...two things Josh hates. Hey, enjoy your trip!

SASSY...we already did the girl scout cookie thing, ugh! V had the shortbread ones, the mints and some lemon ones that I really liked, lol! But DS & DD ate the majority and I was glad! I have seen that Bride show...think it was on We. Can't remember but they had a marathon one Sunday and me and DD watched it most of the day, lol. I would love to have a trainer to get me in shape like that, maybe, lol. I've not seen the show you mentioned on TLC but that is basically my diet...I eat when I am hungry, I eat what I want, just watch my portions and make sure I drink my water and have two snacks a day. Okay, so that's what I try to do, lol.

MINDEE...I feel like I am running myself ragged! Who would have thought that shopping would be so tiring, lol. It wouldn't be so bad if I could just go to one store and find what I am looking for but noooooo...gotta go to about 15! Ha! when I saw your post and you said you had to go to the dumper I thought, why is she telling us she needs to go potty, lol! :lol: Finished reading and figured you meant the trash outside, lol. Well, it sounds like Brandon is having a GREAT time at school!

JULES...hoping all is well with you missy. I know you are busy working and having fun with the little one.

SUE...how are you doing? Did you get any walking in today?

FRANCIE...I am halfway thru with the book I am reading and going to start the Shop one...can't wait!

Okay, so I am home and getting in some computer time. Going to go do another walk in a few minutes. Was going to do 45 minutes but I think I will just do about 30 and call it good.

Hoping everyone is having a wonderful day! Love ya's :hug:

Mom2Gaby
03-18-2008, 03:51 PM
Cristina - Just meant to write earlier that I can toss my copies Undomestic Goddess and Shopaholic Ties the Knot in the mail for you??

You can have them , certainly don't need to return. If you don't mind waiting for a few days til they get there??
Anyway- I will just *assume* you want them and send them - k??

Sassy - I use Nice and Easy. I had a streak job over a year ago and use the rinse to hide the faded out paprika color. :D

k- have to rush and write my McDreamy!

FrouFrou
03-18-2008, 03:55 PM
HIYA MS SUSAN! That sounds like a deal to me, lol! You are such a sweetie and thank you!!! Tell McDreamy HI! Have a GREAT day missy!

Mom2Gaby
03-18-2008, 07:39 PM
Ok, I am back for an afternoon chat!

Cristina- yum, I like the sound of mint and lemon cookies. I have a *draft* going for McD, I really need to send it off before he thinks I am forgetting him.
I have never been to Kohl's but have wanted to -anway - the 2 books went in the mail, should be there by Fri or Saturday! I am sooo excited.....hope you enjoy Becky as much as I did :).
Thanks for the "sweetie" compliment..*sigh....I use to be a nicer person before :censored: - and btw- walking at the mall counts as exercise :)

Katy- What are the plans for spring break, the beach? I hope to to the central coast next week, otherwise a lot of free swim for Gab.

I bought some more hummas this afternoon w/ a loaf of french bread. Took Rach for her drug test and now just kind of winding down and hoping to get Gab back in school tomorrow.

Going to watch American Idol and Dancing w/ the Stars......and feel like the soon to be 44 year old that I am. lol

k- gotta run!

suetalks
03-18-2008, 11:32 PM
Rain, rain, go away.... I think we are going to float away. :)
I didn't get to walk today and who knows when it will dry up and warm up? Every time we think it is going to be pretty it turns nasty again.
Hope you all with little ones enjoy Spring Break. Fun!

tommysgirl18
03-19-2008, 12:04 AM

nothing new on this end.....just doing some things online and checking my email. I have been really good about getting to bed early that I am hoping to keep it up! Brandon got his pictures taken at school on Tuesday and I can't wait to see them!!!! Logan is still being a pain.......but only if Diego and Little Einsteins is not on! Marissa's hair is coming in like crazy now! I can't believe it is just over a month until Brandon and Marissa's birthdays!!!!!

Sassy~ I taped that show on my DVR, but I haven't watched it yet. I kind of caught bits and pieces of it. The main part that I caught was the putting the fork and knife down after each bite to savor the flavor.

Katy~ You are doing a great job with your weight loss! Where are you guys going on Spring Break?

SusieQ~ How is Miss Gabster doing? Is she feeling better? I would have loved to have stayed home because my feet hurt!

Cristina~ I agree with you! I have been looking for a new purse and a new pair of dress shoes since winter time and I can't find anything! I found a great pair of boots that I loved but we didn't have the money for them at the time. (mind you they were a size 10.....but they were soooooooo comfortable!) And I keep looking for a new purse, and have been since last year! I want a bigger purse but Tommy wants me to get a bigger purse with long straps. Since purse snatchers go after purses with short straps! (not really sure if the strap size matters.....but what ever floats his boat)

SusieQ~ I dvr'd AI and watched Dancing......I am hoping to get AI in tomorrow. I still have Flicka on there from a week ago that I haven't watched yet! And like I mentioned to Sassy, I have the "I can make you thin" on there as well.

Sassy_Chick
03-19-2008, 12:21 AM
Hi Chicks.

We're floating over here in Ohio. Its been raining and raining and raining :rain: and is not supposed to stop until Thursday after noon! DH said the roads are getting all flooded too. So I may be "floating" by one of ya. lol. :wave:

I am not in the mood to work tonight. I know "who is?" right? lol. But just such a dreary yucky night and all I wanna do is take a nice hot bubble bath, get into my jammies, snuggle in bed with my DH and cat and watch movies......Awwwwhhhhh sounds good doesn't it? lol. Maybe Thursday night after we get home. We are supposed to go out that night. We haven't been "out" together since last September on my bday! :fr: So we are doing nice dinner and a movie and some shopping -- if we're up to it. lol.

Not sure what movie to go and see yet any suggestions gals? No chick flicks though. lol. DH likes action and comedy. I like Romantic Comedy's. lol. Fat chance of that happening, eh? :lol:

Well so far that "I can make you thin" guy's "plan" (Paul Mckenna, I think) is working. I ate a cheeseburger and fries for dinner or whatever you wanna call it, my 1st meal of the day but it doesn't happen for me until 5:30 pm or so....anywho, I usually can finish all of the burger + the fries. Not today. I only ate about 3/4 or so of my burger and had fries left and I threw them away when I was full! :carrot: So now just need to add some exercise. I am sure that is probably this Sunday, adding exercise. I am sure. But I say if I add some exercise and keep going I should lose. *lets hope* and its like he said, once you start taking your time eating, sometimes people find out that they no longer want the things they used too. Well right now I wanna nice big salad........:drool: but thats a big negative. lol. Maybe tomorrow night. :)

Cristina -- I have been "rationing" my cookies so I am very proud of myself. lol. Yeah I in a way would like a trainer like that to "whip" me into shape, then agian I'd probably have to kill him. lol. Esp when he makes them do that all uphill bike ride. lol. I'd definitely wanna kill him then. lol.

Suzy Q -- Well I think the blahs will go away once the rain goes. IF it ever goes. Pretty soon Ohio is going to be an island. Have to get out my grass skirt. :lol:

Katy -- hope the kids feel better. Wanna borrow my grass skirt for Spring Break (if you go to the beach) lol. WTG on the weightloss! :carrot:

Sue -- "Rain, rain, go away.... I think we are going to float away." :lol3: I like that.......hee hee.

Hope all is well with everyone

Sassy_Chick
03-19-2008, 03:32 AM
Wanted to share an article with you all:

The Limits of Thin By Geneen Roth
Its in the April 08 Good Housekeeping Magazine and also on their website:
http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/health/emotional/limits-of-thin

jules1216
03-19-2008, 11:14 AM
Hi all!! Quickie for me since I am on a break at work--I have been reading but not posting. Been busy at work, home and having some headaches/stiff neck and shoulders. Going to make an appt to get a massage so she can tell me if it is just tight muscles or I am out of line again and need to be adjusted by a chiro. I don't know why I just don't keep a standing appt to get a massage once a month since my insurance pays for 30 per year of massage/chiro combination.

FrouFrou
03-19-2008, 11:52 AM
Good morning, BEAUTIFUL ladies!

Just a quick hi for now but wanted to pop in for a minute. Getting ready to head out the door to try and find DD that sweater at Kohl's, ugh! But I am feeling good because I did 45mns of exercise so far. That stinking Denise Austin is work out for sure!! I only did the warm up-5 mns., the strength-20 mns., the cool down-5 mns. and started with the 1 mile WATP=15 mns. so doing good so far. Today is weight day so...will do 30 more minutes-exercise bike, jump rope & bike. Usually do the strength on Tues & Thurs but my schedule is all messed up, for this week anyway. But I am getting it done and that's all that matters.

Have a good day ladies! BBL

RosieKate
03-19-2008, 11:53 AM
Hey Jules - do we have a psychic connection or what? I am off to my monthly massage this morning..hee hee, and yes, insurance pays for part of it. I have a $25 copay and I get 12 a year..It is so worth it....so I say DO IT

Sassy..I don't have time to read the article right now, but will read it later. I really like Geneen Roth. Two good books you might like: When You Eat at the Refrigerator, Pull up a Chair, and When Food is Love

Hi everyone else...I have to hop in the shower then head over to the MT, so I'll have to post more later..Kids are well...keeping my fingers crossed that they'll stay that way through next week. We are going to spend some time with my mom, then go to Lincoln City for the last part of the week.

Ciao for now

Mom2Gaby
03-19-2008, 02:08 PM
Good Morning -

Jules - Hey Grandma!! I have missed you, sorry about the stiff neck.

Mindee- Gaby went back to school today. I am not sure what her problem is, I am starting to thing behavioral issues. She is sassy (no offense Sassy - lol) and I think maybe she is getting this from the older girls....or maybe she is just getting an attitude w/ age? You'll be able to post Brandons school picture? Did you get one of the kids w/ the Easter bunny?

Sassy- You building your ark? haha. Ignore me because I just had coffee. It really hasn't been too bad here weatherwise, the rain gets to be a drag though. I am glad your food plan thingie is working :)

Sue - You have to tell me again about your children Sue, I forget, they are all grown? Good to see you :)

Katy - Linclon City is nice, cross fingers for decent weather! We have been going to Neskowin when we go because it is free lodging - :) gives me money for gas money and clam chowder.

Cristina - Good luck on your morning shopping! Always impressed w/ your exercising!

Hi to Michelle and Francie!

Roll call done :D

Nothing much here, just in need of shopping and getting groceries in the house. Thinking of Saturday and the easter egg hunts. Gab's dad wants her and I don't wanna share. I know.......need to get along for her sake but it is my weekend and Easter is my favorite holiday and he did have her for Christmas.

anyway - you all have a great Wednesday!

FrouFrou
03-19-2008, 03:33 PM
It's that time again ladies! Head on over to BIK #39, please and thank you! See ya there :wave: