Old 03-03-2008, 09:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Core Chat: March 3-March 9

Here are our new pages for the new week in the new month.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 08:18 PM   #2  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Hi everyone and welcome back Rhonda - missed you lots and glad you had a fabulous time with only a 1 lb gain - good for you! I have never been to Israel (yet) altho I know I do still have some family there somewhere (near Haifa I believe?)

Well still not feeling 100 percent but went back to work today - only because I had a presentation to do this afternoon - which in the end I cancelled cuz only 2 (of the 9 people who said they were coming) showed up - so no way was I going to 'waste' my voice on that - still coughing a bit and taking the nasty antibiotics. (altho I don't think they are really working!).

Weekend was fairly quiet - went to mall w/dh on sat to get him some new clothes (started a new contracting job today - gov office where most are 'dressed up'). Sat night had a hankering for my FAVORITE chinese food place - well actually the won ton soup (chicken soup is good when you're sick right? ) esp as we had to cancel the extra special fancy place as I sure didn't feel up to it. Had a nice szechuan dinner then off to a movie (The other boleyn girl - quite shocking!).....and NO POPCORN which is like a first for me!

Planning to go to weight training tomorrow night (after a long absence) and hope I don't collapse - ha ha ha

Finally got my Carnival pillows (which I had to order thru Ray cuz they don't ship to Canada go figure) - of course he inserted some presents/goodies for me in the box - I now have a new pink bath puff (with suction cup attached for hanging in shower) and something all travelling froufs need - a digital luggage scale - he is obviously very familar with my luggage meltdowns and I guess thinks this will help? (ya I can panic the whole time as I know my luggage is overweight!)....

Frouf
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:11 PM   #3  

Thanks, Froufy: I'm glad to be home.

You're so right...chicken soup is good for you..enjoy. I hope you manage getting back to exercise. I've got to do that myself.

I've heard from Sandra. She and Curtis are very busy winning trophies. I'm sure she'll get back to us soon. I teased her that they are going to have to build a new shed for all of their trophies.

I went to a reception tonight and managed to do OK. I ate some cheese and had a glass of red wine. I passed up the crackers, etc. We had chili for dinner, so I've done OK today.

I actually lost the pound I had gained, so it must have just been water retention. That would mean that I didn't gain anything even though I ate falafel for both me and Froufy!

Hope you're all having a good night.

Rhonda
Old 03-03-2008, 10:21 PM   #4  
Card Carrying Princess

...and they were so yummy - thanks (gee hope I don't gain that lb you lost!)
Old 03-03-2008, 10:31 PM   #5  
focused and aiming

Hi there. We are home and are attempting to get back to normal. Tomorrow we're both going for massages in the AM then to WW in the PM. It's time to get back to basics. Life is good.

Rhonda, I am so happy for you. Not only did you have a fantastic trip, but you made awesome choices. You're an inspiration.

Frouf, I'm glad you're feeling better. Soundslike you're making good choices,too.

Curtis and I both won Southern sectionals and are now waiting till scores from other parts of the nation are posted to see how we stand. I made a big mistake again this year trying to compete in 2 different shooting styles at the same venue. Please remind me next year that I'm NOT to do that. Doing so is way too much for my tired old body. My scores weren't as high as I'd expected--but life goes on. Now I just have to see how they compare to others'.

Night night, Chickies.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:13 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone. Last week was a busy week. Didn't get to post much and my eating was not so great. I'm happy that DD's birthday week is over! 3 cakes in one week was quite enough. The good thing is the cake from the family party was sent home with people, and the cake from her friend party went as well. We still have a bit of the actual bday cake left which I have stayed away from. The cake is not that much of a temptation form me - its the mint chocolate chip ice cream! Work has been busy as well, I've tried to keep reading but just hadn't had the time to post. I also did not do so great tracking this week. I did track about 70%. Thats the 70% I stuck to plan! Well, today is wi and its a new week. I am going this afternoon, but I won't be upset or surpised if I gain. Its just one week and I'll get rid of it next week.

Rhonda, welcome back. Your trip sounded wonderful. Congrats on not really gaining anything on vacation. I bet you did a lot of walking!
Frouf, glad your feeling better. I hope your 100%soon.
Sandra, congrats and welcome back!! Good luck this afternoon at wi.
Angela, how did the opening go?
Lulie, PA, Coco -- HI!
Vickie, how are you feeling? Any word from the doctor yet?

Hope all is well with everyone else!

Got to get ready to take dd to gymnastics. Then I have a call to do for work at 11, another one at 1 and drop dd off at a friends at 1:30. WW is at 3:30, which I'll wi and then go get dd. Busy Day.

Oh, I never did tell you all. My washing machine died this weekend. Not good. Water everywhere. Went Sunday night and got a new one. Won't be delivered until next Monday. I've already handwashed a few of dd's things. I just dont' want to go to a laundromat. Of course, Monday morning dd wakes up with a wet bed - sheets, blanket and mattress cover. I now have no spares! If it happens again I have no choice. Heres to dry nights! On top of the washing maching - this month we had to replace our tv and computer monitor! EEK.

BBL

Last edited by blessedwithsarah; 03-04-2008 at 12:59 PM.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 06:57 PM   #7  

Hi All:

My goodness Paula. When things go awry, they really go.

Sandra, YOU are the inspiration: staying focused on the shooting and lugging home those trophies.

I haven't much to report tonight. I just had a long, hard day at work and not much else. Some days are like that, aren't they?

I have to settle back in and plan some menus for the week. I have this carb craving again. There is no doubt in my mind that it is directly related to the winter. And, I'm tired of saying NO NO to myself. I know there are healthy carbs, but that's not most of them (or at least not the ones I crave).

I bought a DVD tonight of exercises from YOU: Staying Young. We'll see what that is all about!

I hope you all have a good night.

Rhonda
Old 03-04-2008, 07:44 PM   #8  

Hi Everyone
Just a quick check in. Need to go and read the post.
But hoping everyone is doing ok. And feeling better.
Not much happening here.
Weighed in last night. Kinda bummed. Stayed the same. But guess that is better than gaining.
VICKIE how are you feeling. Have you heard anything from your test yet.
Well gotta go. Need to put some clothes in the dryer. Hubby has a eye Dr's appt in the morn. And needed jeans washed.
I am thinking of each of you.
Hope you had a great day.
We had alot of rain today. In flood watches now.
But then they say we are to get some snow flurries.
Night
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:56 PM   #9  
Card Carrying Princess

Well I made it thru the strength training class altho I found it hard - those 7 lbs were a killer tonight - and seems everyone missed my fun and jokes and was glad to see me back (esp Colleen who sits on my right and loves it when I make her giggle!).

tonight we did some goal setting exercises which was quite interesting.

Bad new is while is was quite mild today and much of Monday's ice has melted we are on a storm watch right now expecting another 10-20 cm by tomorrow - including some lovely ice pellets - drive in should be interesting and dd is gleefully anticipating another snow day!

I do have to go in cuz it's my colleague's last day as she leaves for 10 day holiday so need to 'transfer' all her stuff to me and get status on all her files as it will be my, myself and I running the shop for the next little while.

march break next week and I am so hankering for a trip south - esp with the mounds of snow we have and are also expecting - UGH!

Frouf
Old 03-05-2008, 07:15 AM   #10  

Hi All:

We've got the snow too, Froufy. It started last night, and is really coming down now.

I'm setting myself a "one day at a time" goal for today. NO unhealthy carbs today. NOT even one!
I've joined the March exercising thread hoping that will provide some more motivation. Frouf, seven pounds is a lot. That's as high as I go for bicep curls, but I could do more I imagine.

I'm going to sit with a cup of coffee and the newspaper for a while ...one of my favorite things to do...makes me think that I'm a lady of leisure.

BBL

Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 03-05-2008 at 07:15 AM.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:32 PM   #11  

Afternoon everyone,,,
How you feeling Vickie..any word yet?? (( hugs))
Frouf Im glad you went back to your exercise class... we miss you too when your not around. You are such a fun loving person!! Glad your feeling better
Coco How was weigh in this week
You can do it Rhonda!!
Sandra you are soo busy....let us know how you made out at the tourney
Paula dosnt it seem like when one thing goes in your house its like a chain reaction! sheesh
Im off in a couple of days ladies,,,heading out to move my dd to her new home, new job new life!! Im so happy and proud of her. Shes having a few moments realizing this is it...college life is over..the real world begins!! Cant wait to see her!! So I will be gone for a week...prob wont get back on here till after I come back. Busy the next couple of days getting things together for her and work. Be good while Im gone..take care..will miss you chicks!!
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 05:38 PM   #12  

Hi all! We are now officially open. Business has been good although a little slow. However, that's the way we want it for now until we get the hang of things.

I am trying to relax with a little success.

Here's a link to our website - maybe 3FC will allow it to stay:

http://www.maddiesisland.com

Time to make some dinner,
Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:31 PM   #13  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks!

Angela, I save your website in case they take it off so I can look at it later.

I weighed in today at WW for the first time in 5 weeks. I lost 2.4 pounds. Not a great average but I couldn't be more delighted. I think I lost most of it within the last week and a half. Now I just need to keep my motivation for another 125 pounds.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:21 PM   #14  

Congratulations, Vickie. It must feel good, and you can do it.

Angela, your site made me

Patti, have a great trip and enjoy your daughter.

I was soooo good at avaoiding the bad carbs today. And, I did the You: Staying Young exercise video. There are 2 levels of difficulty of floor exercises, mostly. I did both levels and can feel it.

I slipped on the ice walking home tonight and fell on my left knee. I now ache all over and I don't think it is the fault of the exercise, but is the result of the fall. It is one of the really bad parts about living here, as all the others who live in snow realize. Thank goodness I don't have to drive much in it.

Have a good night everyone.

Rhonda
Old 03-06-2008, 07:34 AM   #15  
Southside White Sox Fan

Ouch, Rhonda. I hope you are better this morning.

I'm off to get showered before the cleaning lady comes.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote