South Beach Diet - Marching into Phase I!

View Full Version : Marching into Phase I!

Ruthxxx
03-03-2008, 09:38 AM
For Beachers just starting or continuing Phase I, here's the place to post your questions, triumphs and slippages, if any.

Please join us on the daily chat thread too for general chit-chat because life isn't just about dieting!

If you want to set a March Weightloss target, please post on the March Weightloss Thread.

FluffyK
03-03-2008, 09:59 AM
I just started phaseI yesterday. The belgian waffles posted in the Phase I breakfasts were WONDEFUL!!! (And so easy to make!)

erinea
03-03-2008, 10:14 AM
Hi Everyone,

I have been trying to eat low GI lately, but I think I need to step it up a bit to get some weight loss going. I made a crustless quiche for quick breakfasts with canadian bacon and vegies. I use fat free skim milk in it - is that ok for phase 1?

Ruthxxx
03-03-2008, 10:19 AM
:welcome: Erinea. Check out the revised Phase I list in the FAQ Section and you'll see that ff skim milk is now OK. Enjoy the quiche. (Reminder to self: make some more of these to have in the freezer.)

cottagebythesea
03-03-2008, 10:21 AM
:welcome3: erinea! Your quiche sounds just fine, but what other ingredients were in it? If it was just eggs, skim milk, veggies and Canadian bacon, it sounds perfect! :)

pamatga
03-03-2008, 10:29 AM
I would agree. IF you are not a person who is accustomed to eating a lot of variety of vegetables and 40-50% of your daily food plan comprising of those, then you will find this aspect of this particular food plan more of a struggle. It is one of the KEYS to SUCCESS on this food plan.

I had no trouble eating the rest of the allowed foods. In fact, I am beginning to wonder if I hold a record for having eaten the most eggs in 60 days. I think I ate about 135-140 eggs!!! Yikes!!

EATING OUT TIP: I frequent restaurants that serve a more "family-style" menu so I can choose from a variety of both cold and cooked vegetables. I have heard that eventually your plate should look like there is a balance between the protein you are consuming and the vegetables.

Although I haven't done this yet, I would also check out vegetarian restaurants when you are making choices of where to eat. Quite honestly, I think most of the "chain" restaurants consider salads adequate vegetables. They really are not the most nutrient dense ones that you can choose but are acceptable if you are in a pinch.

Of course, at home, you have more control of what is in your cupboards and fridge. I decided to treat my home as my "fort" and keep it well-stocked to do my "battle with the bulge". I am surrounded by "good for me" (and others too-DH eats what I eat and he's not dieting!) food. How can I not "win" (I mean, lose), right?

Good luck!:hug:

pamatga
03-03-2008, 10:44 AM
Again, :welcome: to our humble abode: South Beach.

Glad to have you with us. I just finished Phase 1 (again) and I am back to Phase 2. I will check back though as I read all of the posts on this forum.

I am still eating eggs. I meant to try that waffle recipe this past weekend, I have all the ingredients to make them but I decided to watch a marathon of "24" instead and once I lifted my head up 8 hours had passed! I just love that program!

I guess, I'll try to make it some time this week. I hear such raves about that recipe (you can find that and more on the recipe link)

Again, good luck, erinea, and :welcome2: to the Beach.:hug:

erinea
03-03-2008, 10:47 AM
It is just 4 eggs, one can of ff evaporated skim milk, peppers, onions, mushrooms and canadian bacon. I cut it into 6 pieces for breakfast - 3 days for my husband and I.

I had a hard time finding light laughing cow cheese. I got the last package at the store. Is it only the light we can use, because they had some nice sounding flavoured ones that weren't light?

FluffyK
03-03-2008, 11:43 AM
OK... I know this isn't perfectly Phase I, but I do regular cheese for my hard cheeses. I don't eat much meat, so I don't have much of a fat intake otherwise. My yogurt, ricotta and the like are all LF, though. I didn't buy the laughing cow cheese because it was just too darned expensive per serving. My weight loss was fine the last time I did P1, but I would imagine it is a personal thing. I'm not a cheese-hound, so I usually only eat about a half ounce a day anyway. If I can break my carb addiction, I'm usually pretty good.

tomandkara
03-03-2008, 11:53 AM
Light N' Fit yogurt may not be OK in Phase 1. Does it have any corn syrup? Fruit? Remember no fruit in Phase 1. I got through Phase 1 with nonfat plain yogurt sweetened with Equal (I would use agave nectar now - didn't have that when I was doing Phase 1) and sprinkled with cinnamon.

Check the ingredients on the broccoli and cheese soup and make sure there's no flour. Are you making it yourself or is it from a can? Also, make sure there's no corn starch.

Also check your Miracle Whip and relish for sugar.

Good luck!

Kara

FluffyK
03-03-2008, 11:58 AM
One of my favorite snacks is to slice a red pepper and put a sliver of cheese on it. I use about 1/2 an ounce of cheese with a whole pepper, but it's just enough...

SkinnyDogMom
03-03-2008, 02:05 PM
Any light cheeses are ok. There is a guideline of how many fat grams per ounce should be the max...but I don't recall what that is. Maybe 5-6g per ounce???
We use light feta, light goat cheese, light mozzarella and sometimes 2% cheddar. Other than that, we use full fat cheeses and I try to keep the portions low and watch the calories. I also keep the other dairy products low fat or fat free--yogurt, sour cream, cream cheese, milk and ricotta.
I have never used laughing cow cheese, the light or regular.

erinea
03-03-2008, 02:35 PM
I checked the laughing cow web site and the full-fat version has 2g of fat per wedge. Maybe I will try the flavoured ones next trip to the grocery store.

princessgail
03-04-2008, 02:13 AM
Hi! My name is abby and my mom and I are staring phase 1 tomorrow any pointers for me?

jandaman
03-04-2008, 05:47 AM
hi!

am entering my second week on phase one and have just enjoyed those delectable belgian waffles for breakfast.. thanks all of you for posting those recipes!! it makes phase one so much easier:))

princessgail as a second-time-arounder i would advise you to try and pre-stock EVERYTHING you will need for phase one. strolling up and down the supermarket was just sheer temptation for me the first few days. i also tried to pre-cook several phase one friendly meals (this was all new to me..not really the homemaker) so i could just pop them into the microwave after a long day at work.
good luck to you and your mom and welcome to the beach;)

cottagebythesea
03-04-2008, 07:13 AM
:welcome3: Abby! We're happy to have you and your mother joining us! :)

Jandaman's advice was good, to pre-stock your kitchen with Phase 1 foods so you'll have everything you need on hand and won't be tempted to stray. Also, get the book and read it thoroughly so you'll understand the concepts of this way of eating. You'll find a complete, up-to-date list of the approved Phase 1 foods in our FAQ section, and while you're there, check out the threads that will answer most any question you may have. You'll also find some great recipes in the recipe section, too!

38withfreckles
03-04-2008, 10:53 AM
I did SB from January 7 to February 14...I jumped off the wagon for Valentine's Day. I just couldn't stand it any longer. I was making a big chocolate chip cookie cake for my son's class party, and the cookie dough was too much. Then my daughter's 250+ boxes of Girl Scout cookies came in, and we are still delivering those. I decided to take a week or so off as a 'reward.' I did manage to lose 13 pounds during that 6 weeks.

Should I start completely over or could I just go back to Phase 2? I want to lose another 15 pounds.

Thanks,
angela

FluffyK
03-04-2008, 11:25 AM
I think that depends on how much "damage" you did on your week off. If you can go back to phase II and not be plagued with cravings, then I would say to do it. If you are having cravings and trouble staying on track, then I would go back to P1.

Just my opinion.

mommyof1
03-04-2008, 10:00 PM
hello today is day two for me on the beach and so far i really am enjoying it. Does anyone know how much veggies we should be eating?

FluffyK
03-04-2008, 10:27 PM
Mommyof1 - I try to have veggies at each meal and snack, sometimes more than one veggie. You're certainly not going to have too few veggies. As long as you're not hungry and are eating some protein as well, you should be good.

For example, my day went like this:
BF: 3 egg omelette with baby spinach and feta
SNACK: small handful roasted almonds
LUNCH: avocado, tomato salad. Red peppers dipped in hummus.
SNACK: Celery with natural PB.
DINNER: Venison with onions and mushrooms, served with cauliflower.
SNACK: haven't had it yet.

jandaman
03-05-2008, 06:00 AM
hi chicas

entering day 9 of phase one and have lost my momentum for some reason, was hit last night by a monster headache--thought it might be sb-flu, drank my milk, ate my beans but it didn't get any better. maybe it's because i have been lax about getting my veggies in..?? just feel in a slump.don't want to cook, don't really feel hungry either. oh, well. sigh! thanx for letting me vent and whine ;)

Sarae878
03-05-2008, 03:37 PM
What is considered a high number on the GI? I have search everywhere for this.

uscarchie
03-05-2008, 05:16 PM
So this is day 4 on the beach, and the intense sugar cravings have subsided. My energy is back up too, which is good. Last night was especially difficult to resist the siren call of the carbs.... My husband wasn't too keen on me dieting (believes in exercise, but I know I need a little bit more effort to get where I need to be healthwise) and I don't want him to diet, he's not overweight at all and does not need to diet. He will eat anything I make him, so he eats very healthfully, but I make him a carbohydrate side (rice or bread) and I really wanted some last night. I did well, I ignored it, and I'm pleased with my willpower, but this is hard stuff!

I haven't been having a dessert with dinner, but maybe I should try to do something that's in the phase I recipe section. I'll look it over. I'm going to try the belgium waffles this weekend. :) It'll be a special treat.

The coup is that I'm getting my husband to get up early with me to go to the gym, and that's really great, because we both need to move more.

Just wanted to write all this out and share it with the supportive people here. :)

-Sandy

uscarchie
03-07-2008, 12:09 PM
Any ideas? Is corn bread okay in Phase 1?

BTW, I had the peanut satay posted in the Phase 1 Entrees forum last night and it was delicious. This is such a great resource!

-Sandy

jandaman
03-07-2008, 01:14 PM
hi, according to the good fats/good carbs guide cornmeal is def a no-go on phase one and phase two! there is also an updated P1 safe food list at the SBD FAQ.
yep, that peanut satay sauce does rock!!

uscarchie
03-07-2008, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the information. :) And you're in Germany? Ich Liebe Deutcheland! (Although my German is still very much limited to Wo ist meine Katze?")

jandaman
03-07-2008, 01:34 PM
meine katze ist auf meinem schoß, how weird! my kitten was actually right on my lap when i read ur post. she loves to go cursor chasing ;) i am currently living in mainz, which is where most of the rhine castle cruises start. have you been over here before?

FluffyK
03-07-2008, 02:18 PM
janda, I took a couple courses in German as well. I have this love affair with foreign languages. Too bad I've never had any opportunity to learn one very well. All of the bits and pieces I know of different languages would not get me very far.

All the languages just seem like a big code to crack. I wonder if that's the same with other people who love numbers and math like I do?

MandiK
03-07-2008, 02:21 PM
I started SB last saturday. It's been incredibly easy! I already lost 11 pounds this week.... I've never been hungry once even though I'm only eating about 1300 calories a day. If my weight loss next week is similar I may stick to phase 1 for a while. It's just so easy.

frustratedieter
03-07-2008, 04:11 PM
I'm just starting Phase 1 today. Had breakfast, mid-a.m. snack and lunch...as I type it's about 2 p.m. and I'm hungary. I won't eat supper til about 5:30. I'm broiling some lean meat and will have a good portion of veggies. What are some good snacks that will stick and help those hunger pangs?? Also...another question is....is it possible that I'm going through "withdrawal" from being on carbs??? I was doing a low-fat plan and think in it there were too many carbs (not good for someone with IR and hypothyroid).

Ruthxxx
03-07-2008, 04:33 PM
Withdrawal from carbs should not be too bad when you remember to include dairy and "good carbs" like pistachios and legumes. Another great snack is a hard boiled egg. (By the way, an afternoon snack SHOULD be part of your plan on Phase I.)

FluffyK
03-07-2008, 04:40 PM
I love red peppers with cheese or hummus as a snack. Also, celery with PB or cream cheese. A handful of almonds or cashews, some beef jerky (be careful of carbs and fats there - we make our own with venison, so I know what's in it).

jandaman
03-08-2008, 06:52 AM
yay! day 11 of P1 and i've lost 4.5 kilos=9.9lbs. am so stoked ;)
hope the rest of you are also doing well!

fluffyk: i, too, am a language lover but, seeing as mathematics has always been beyond me (wrong half of the brain..you know the type: remedial math, honors english *grin*) i go for the sociolinguistics aspect of it. yes, with a forthcoming masters in linguistics i am a true language geek! vowel shifts excite me etc. so i won't bore you w/ too many details.

ta!

lesszmore
03-08-2008, 09:55 AM
Hey everyone,

I plan on starting phase 1 on monday - 03/10/08. I am soo nervous bc i LOVE carbs, but i keep on sayin that i'm gonna start on Monday and monday never comes, so here i go.

Any words of advice?

FluffyK
03-08-2008, 12:59 PM
Less - don't worry. Most of the SB'ers that I know actually ARE carb junkies. That's the whole point - it helps you along with its plan so you don't crave the stuff. Relax, it will be much less painful than you think.

Get plenty of veggies, don't just stick to proteins.

murphmitch
03-08-2008, 01:38 PM
I agree with Fluffy. Never thought I could give up my pretzels, but I love this diet. No hunger. I've lost 17# in 9 weeks! I'm amazed. So much easier than weighing and measuring everything and counting points.

uscarchie
03-09-2008, 02:15 PM
Jandaman, I've been to Germany 3 times. I've been all over, and have almost hit every major city at least once.... I usually fly through Frankfurt when I go on business trips. (I was reading the SBD book and Dr. Agiston says that people who work late or travel a lot for business usually fail this diet... I hope that I can beat the odds, because this has been working pretty well for me so far!)

Kim_Star060404
03-09-2008, 05:12 PM
Hey everyone! I'm doing P1 again! (I actually decided this morning when I woke up, thank goodness for a stocked pantry and fridge!!) I tried to do P1 in January, but the meds I was on didn't mix with P1 AT ALL. I've been off my meds for about 3 weeks, so I thought this was a good time.

Menu for the day:

B: 2 eggs, 2 slices turkey bacon, 4 oz. V8, 8 oz. coffee, 2 splenda packets and 2 Tbsp. skim milk

S: (No time for snack today because of church)

L: 2 cups mixed salad, 4 slices deli turkey, 1 piece PS Moz string cheese, 1 Tbsp. homemade dressin, 2 oz. mixed nuts

S: 1 cup salad, olive oil and salad vinegar, 1 slice deli turkey, 8 oz skim milk

D: 3 oz. canned salmon, 2 cups salad, 1 Tbsp. mayo

S: Small salad, 1 slice turkey bacon

Not a lot of variety today - it will get better tomorrow after I make a trip to the grocery store tomorrow afternoon. I'm feeling pretty good about the next two weeks. It's perfect timing since I have no trips or big things going on. Time for a break!!

FluffyK
03-09-2008, 09:51 PM
Hi, Kim! I just started P1 last week, so another week to go. I don't really plan my meals, just sort of wing it. I've found I do better that way. You're off to a good start.... are you going to come join us in the chat? I found that coming here to chat with the SB ladies has made a huge difference for me.

Kim_Star060404
03-10-2008, 09:16 AM
Thanks, FluffyK! I've actually been a part of the chat and forum for a little over 2 years, but you're right, those ladies make it SO much easier!!

I'm a BIG planner. Even before SB I planned all of my dinners for the week. For P1, I like to plan all of my snacks and other meals as well. It makes my grocery trip easier and with my working and being in school, makes dinner easier.

Things went well last night. Went to bed with the usual SB "emptiness". It wasn't hunger, just a different feeling than when I have a carb-filled day. I got a nice mile walk in this morning. It definitely felt different than when I'm not in P1, but it will get better as P1 passes.

Well, have a great Monday morning; I really should be in the shower by now!!! :wave:, Kim

FluffyK
03-10-2008, 10:07 AM
Kim - I told DH it's learning the difference between "mouth hungry" (cravings) and "belly hungry" (actual hunger). I know what you mean, though!

jandaman
03-10-2008, 10:31 AM
hi everyone! day 13 of phase one and i slipped.. i had to get up so early this morning i just couldn't stomach my usual P1 breakfasts--so i had some P2 oatmeal with fresh grated apple...;( have stayed away from carbs&fruit otherwise i hope no cravings develop. aargh ;)

uscarchie sticking to the plan while traveling is def difficult! you probably won't have any probs in germany because good carb/good fats/whole grain/organic foods are becoming more and more popular.

SAnativegirl
03-10-2008, 10:48 AM
Starting Phase I (again)
Lost 10 in January, lets says Feb was an off month.
I plan on sticking to it rest of the month.

B-1 quiche cup
L-grilled chicken salad somewhere
S-celery and LC cheese triangle
D-fish and vegetables

FluffyK
03-10-2008, 12:11 PM
SA - I know I would be very hungry on your meal plan. Maybe a few more small snacks?

SAnativegirl
03-10-2008, 12:27 PM
Yeah, you're right! I need more snacks. i meant to buy hummus yesterday to keep at work but forgot. Will pack more for tomorrow and/or eat a snack when I get home-thanks. i have this mentality that since I'm so short, I should eat less than everyone else to lose weight. But I am good at spreading out all meals all day through.

FluffyK
03-10-2008, 01:46 PM
I'm shorter than you are.. we all still need to eat, though. Snacks keep me on track.

frustratedieter
03-10-2008, 04:22 PM
Today is day 4 for me...so far, so good! I even went to the gym today and did 40 minutes of cardio and wasn't feeling all that hungary yet at lunch-time.
I was trying explain SB to one of the workers at the gym and find it hard to. Since it's not really a "low-carb" plan.
I do have a question for you all though....someone on the site said we can go into the South Beach site and chat on their forums for free....however it looked to me like you had to sign up and give a credit card to do anything in that site.
Oh...another question here. Is anyone else insulin resistant and had a hard time with other food plans until SB? If so how are you doing????

Kim_Star060404
03-10-2008, 04:26 PM
frustratedieter: Congrats on a great workout! I think the forum that person was talking about might not have been the official website forum. From my experience, they charge for everything. Maybe there's a SB-specific forum out there that's like 3FC?

Kim_Star060404
03-10-2008, 04:27 PM
Day 2, Phase 1

2 eggs
2 slices turkey bacon
4 oz. V8
12 oz. Coffee, 4 splenda
3 T. Skim milk

1/4 c. peanuts

2 c. salad
5 slices deli turkey
1 T. Oil & Vinegar
1 slice string cheese

2 celery stalks
LC Light Cheese

Taco Bake
1 1/2 c. salad
1 T. homemade dressing
1/2 c. mixed veggies
1 SF Fudgesicle

1 SF Fudgesicle

H2O: 96 oz.
Exercise: AM: 15-minute WATP Power Mile DVD, PM: 15-minute cardio/strength circuit and 15 "tv walking"

lesszmore
03-10-2008, 04:40 PM
o.k.ya'll today is day one for me and i'm feelin kinda "nibble-ish"..need to buy some extra gum or somthing

B: turkey rolls (2)
s:string cheese
l: salad w/ deli turkey
s: turkey rolls (2)
d: chicken w/broccoli
s: sf/ff fudgesicle or sf/ff jello

I'm craving sugar soo bad.. prob shouldnt have started the day TOM visited :( Its gonna be hard making ODS sugar cookies tonite... maybe he'll forget i promised to make em tonite... hehehe... Please tell me this gets easier! :(

lesszmore
03-10-2008, 04:43 PM
Maybe they meant this site (opps cant post it bc my count is under 25)

so its southbeach-diet-plan dot com

Kim_Star060404
03-10-2008, 05:07 PM
I'm craving sugar soo bad.. prob shouldnt have started the day TOM visited :( ...Please tell me this gets easier! :(

How funny! We're in the same boat. Aunt Flow dropped in yesterday; the same day I decided to do P1. Don't worry, it does get easier. Plus, I think being on AF the first week of P1 is great -- my first day of week 2 will be such a craving-free relief that it really will make the transition into this (re)new(ed) way of eating so much easier. Your "period" cravings will be wiped out with your regular cravings that P1 is meant to address, so it will be a double-whammy for the cravings!! (I don't know if anyone has ever used "cravings" so many times in one post! :) )

Anyhow, you can do this -- we all can!!

FluffyK
03-10-2008, 05:09 PM
lesszmore - to me, there's WAY too much processed meat. You need some more veggies, or you're gonna be having troubles. Unless you're putting major veggies in your turkey rolls, you don't have enough servings, IMO.

Kim_Star060404
03-10-2008, 05:16 PM
lesszmore - to me, there's WAY too much processed meat. You need some more veggies, or you're gonna be having troubles. Unless you're putting major veggies in your turkey rolls, you don't have enough servings, IMO.

I think it would depend on your serving size for the veggies you do eat. I.e., if her salad for lunch is 2 cups plus 1/2 cup broccoli and a serving of veggies in the turkey rolls, I think that would qualify as 4.5 minimum servings for the day. Some days that's all I get and I'm fine. I think it also depends on the individual digestive system as well.

FluffyK
03-10-2008, 07:04 PM
True, very true.

uscarchie
03-10-2008, 07:41 PM
A friend of mine here at work has never had jelly beans (He's from India) and that got me to hankering after them.... I could bring in some sugar free ones, leave them in the front office (That way I won't see them, and won't gorge on them...) and have 10 or so? Is that legit? Or am I flirting with disaster with this plan and should ignore the temptation to even purchase sweets like this?

I'm down 16lbs from my heaviest, and still have another 6 days on P1. I'm really making progress and I'm really liking this diet so far. I don't want to mess it up.

Kim_Star060404
03-11-2008, 11:10 AM
uscarchie: I personally wouldn't risk it. Any kind of candy for me is a HUGE temptation and kicks off major cravings. It really depends on the individual, though. If you think you can handle it, then go for it. Also, the Jelly Belly website says that theirs can cause stomach discomfort and/or a laxative effect and recommends that you only eat 8 or less to start off with. That would be enough of a reason to stay away from them even without the added cravings! :lol:

Kim_Star060404
03-11-2008, 11:26 AM
Day 3, Phase 1

Turkey Bacon Cup
4 oz. LS V8
6 oz. Coffee, 2 splenda
1 T. skim milk

1 c. Taco bake

Tuna w/ mayo
2 c. salad
1 T. homemade dressing
2 T. shredded cheese

Lettuce wrap w/ turkey

Taco Bake
1 c. mixed steamed veggies

1 SB Peanut Butter Cup
1 c skim milk

H2O: 88 oz
Exercise: 20 minute Cardio Dance DVD, 20 minute Fat-Burning Basics DVD, 10 minute Abs DVD

uscarchie
03-11-2008, 11:53 AM
Heh, my digestive track has been somewhat irregular, so maybe the laxative jelly beans is just what I need! (Although I think your advise is sound, and thus I will not buy any jelly beans. I donated all the sweets I had at home to the front office goodie table... I'll ruin other people's diets, I guess, but at least mine is safe!)

I was wondering if maybe it was what I was eating that was messing up my digestive tract? Too much protein? Too much cheese? For example, yesterday:

B: The belgian pancake/waffle recipe from this website... was very tasty, but my stomach rumbled for a long time after in upset, so I probably won't have them again. Glass of water and 6 oz of low sodium V8.
S: Skim mozzarella cheese stick.
L: Turkey roll up with spinach, thin slice of low sodium swiss cheese, and tomato. Sandwich baggie with 1 c. cut up cucumber.
S: 6 celery pieces with 1 baby bell cheese wedgey thingy (the one in the red wax)
D: 1.5 cups mixed lettuce and cut up tofu, with tomato and cucumber. No dressing.

Throughout the day I've been drinking green tea, and chewing on Orbitz sugar free gum when bored, to curb the desire to go raid the snack closet.

I just remember my mom telling me not to give my dog too much cheese, because it would "stop him up".... and wonder if that's what's happening to me?

This morning I made a scrambled omelette thing with more fibrous vegetables, so I hope that will help.

Thanks for the advice!

murphmitch
03-11-2008, 12:08 PM
uscarchie, You can have dressing. It helps contribute to satiety and gives you healthy fats your body needs. I alway have a SBD dressing on my salads and I'm full for hours afterwards. Or you could cook with olive oil or one of the other SBD oils.

uscarchie
03-11-2008, 12:17 PM
I would have had dressing, but I was eating my salad on the run yesterday as I tried to get to my German class after work! :) I felt like a rabbit, nibbling on my greens!

Speaking of which, I saw the cutest baby bunnies yesterday, got me in the easter spirit.

Kim_Star060404
03-11-2008, 12:40 PM
uscarchie: You're on Day 10, right? I'd certainly start tweaking some of my menu if I were in your position. The cheese could definitely be a culprit. Too much cheese on P1 has the same effect for me. I didn't see any legumes in there, so maybe throw 1/3 c. of beans into a salad for a meal or snack. (My favs are rinsed and drained red kidney beans and chickpeas.) If none of the above seems do-able for you, maybe just do your best the next 4 days and make sure that your first P2 add-in is full of fiber.

If you were on day 2-5, I'd just say give it time because maybe your digestive system is adjusting to this new WOE.

Again, this is just what I would do in your situation. Don't want to be the lady that tells everyone how to eat!! :o (And also, just my interpretations of SB - I could be wrong, but I think I have a handle on the fundamentals.)

~Kim

uscarchie
03-11-2008, 12:50 PM
That's a good idea- I will add some beans in with dinner tonight. That would be delicious. :)

Thanks!

Schmoodle
03-11-2008, 02:04 PM
usarchie, kim gave some good advice, definitely add some beans. I agree it could be the cheese. To counter, try veggies, veggies, veggies, and lots of water!

By the way, I had a bad experience with the jelly beans. Haven't wanted to go near them again!

FluffyK
03-11-2008, 03:43 PM
usarchie - if the belgian waffles bothered you, it could also be the sweetener. They don't set well with me, either. Steamed cauliflower is a very sweet veggie, and very good for you - it has more vitamin C than an orange does (among other vitamins). It's great in fiber, too.

Iwant2Bskinny
03-11-2008, 05:03 PM
Welcome PrincessGail! I have been on SB before and had a lot of success with it. I got away from the good eating habits and gained weight. So, I'm back to the beach again.

Tips for you - DEFINITELY go to the store and stock up. Get most of your ingredients from the produce department. LOTS OF VEGGIES! Also, get the SF/FF fudgesicles. They are great on their own or mix one with a tbsp of peanut butter and some cool whip. It tastes like reese cups!

I couldn't have done this diet before without sf sweets. :)

Good luck and using this site to track your progress (and it gives you accountability) is a great way to stay motivated.

Best wishes!

jandaman
03-12-2008, 07:28 AM
yay! i've made it :carrot: now on to P2. had a few rough days..so glad i could vent and get support from you chicas. thanx! :D
i lost a total of 10 lbs even though i cheated a wee bit (oatmeal once, the occasional apple) now all i need to complete my happiness is a ticker!!!!

cottagebythesea
03-12-2008, 08:12 AM
:bravo: jandaman, and congratulations for a fantastic loss! You should be able to create a ticker now, with over 30 posts. :)

Kim_Star060404
03-12-2008, 11:37 AM
yay! i've made it :carrot: now on to P2. had a few rough days..so glad i could vent and get support from you chicas. thanx! :D
i lost a total of 10 lbs even though i cheated a wee bit (oatmeal once, the occasional apple) now all i need to complete my happiness is a ticker!!!!

Congrats! I hope my results for P1 are similar! You did a great job and good luck moving into P2!

Kim_Star060404
03-12-2008, 11:39 AM
Day 4, Phase 1

Saus/Chz Cup
4 oz. LS V8
12 oz. Coffee, 3 splenda
3 T. Skim milk

1 c. taco bake
Salad
1 SB PB Cup

1/2 c. taco bake

Salmon Taco Filling (DH will get corn tortillas and I will have salad)
1 c. sauteed peppers
2 SF Fudgesicle

1 SB PB Cup
1 c. skim milk

H2O: 60 oz
Exercise: nothing

uscarchie
03-12-2008, 01:04 PM
Thank you Kim, Schmoodle, and Krystal for the advice. I usually don't eat a lot of beans, and last night I tried some kidney beans... they were delicious! I brought the leftovers in to eat with lunch today.

Yay to Jandaman for finishing P1! I'll be there in 3 more days! I'm very excited, and although I don't particularly want to eat more salads, this part of the diet isn't very hard. I haven't been hungry at all- most of the time I feel like I'm snacking not because I'm hungry but because I'm supposed to.

Kim_Star060404
03-12-2008, 01:22 PM
I usually don't eat a lot of beans, and last night I tried some kidney beans... they were delicious! I brought the leftovers in to eat with lunch today.

I'm the same way. I don't know what it is, but legumes scare the crap out of me! It is SO weird! :eek: The first time I had a can of chickpeas I was like, "what the heck do I do with these?!?!" Now that I'm getting used to them it's a lot better. I really can't handle P1 without them. I really get headaches and what-not when I'm not getting my beans in!

3 more days to go!!! You can do this!!!

valley
03-12-2008, 03:53 PM
I am on day 11. I'm down 9 pounds so far! I had 1 very rough day where I was craving carbs. That day and the day before, I hadnt lost any weight and was discouraged. I tried to talk myself into switching over to a low cal eating plan just because I wanted something sweet at that very moment. But I held on and didnt cave. My eating issues are rarely due to hunger. I'm an emotional eater and sugary foods are my biggest comfort. I have found that a cup of decaf coffee with 2 tblsp davinci SF syrup is enough to get me past any craving for sweets.

Last night, I discovered that if you microwave turkey bacon, you can get it very crispy if you cook it for a loooong time. I tried 1 minute, then another, then 2 more than another one, checking it each time. I liked it so much that I decided to cook 2 pieces for this morning. Remembering how long it took for the first pieces to cook, I just set the microwave at 5 minutes and walked away. They caught on fire and black smoke billowed out, stinking up my whole kitchen. Hubby carried the microwave out onto the porch to air out. :o After a good scrubbing today, the mike is working again...had my doubts! Moral of the story: Always cook at intervals when cooking foods for longer than the package says! :D

:)

uscarchie
03-12-2008, 05:26 PM
We had a lunch presentation today, and after my lunch walk, I went to catch the tail end of it- the presenters brought a HUGE plate of cookies... I sat on the other end of the table, ate my turkey roll up and leftover beans, and was able to thoroughly ignore the siren call of the cookies. :) I don't understand why every rep decides they need to bring us in sugary treats, but I'm doing really great at not having any. I don't even really crave it right now. Not to say that it doesn't look delicious, but it isn't that hard to say no.

I didn't weigh myself this morning, but yesterday I was 16 lbs down from my recorded heaviest, and probably 12 lbs down since I started P1. My jeans are all too big on me. I need to invest in a belt. Because buying new jeans all the time will get expensive! Although the feeling is pretty good. :)

Kim_Star060404
03-12-2008, 05:42 PM
Because buying new jeans all the time will get expensive!

I'm taking stock of my closet tonight for this very reason. I'm fairly certain that I have at least two pairs of jeans in each of the next couple of sizes. I'm an 18 now and know that I have 2-16s and 2-14s and most likely 4-12s because I maintained there for about a year. I think I've got some 10s and 6s, but that was so long ago that they may not be in style anymore! ;)

Congrats on the baggy jeans - you earned a new belt!!:carrot:

Kim_Star060404
03-13-2008, 10:57 AM
Day 5, Phase 1

Saus/Chz Cup
4 oz. LS V8
8 oz. skim milk

Deli Turkey
2 c. salad
Homemade dressing

Luna bar :yikes:

Steaks
Sauteed bell peppers
Steamed green beans

1 SF Fudgesicle
1 SB PB Cup
1 c. skim milk

H2O: 80 oz
Exercise: 2 mile WATP Dvd

Kim_Star060404
03-13-2008, 11:00 AM
Okay, so yesterday (Day 4) was a terrible day. I ate too many PB Cups and Fudgesicles and didn't get nearly enough veggies in. New day today and I will be better!

FluffyK
03-13-2008, 11:58 AM
That's the spirit. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and try again. I had the same problem with some pumpkin bread. Today's a new day. though.

uscarchie
03-13-2008, 01:11 PM
Did I cheat terribly this morning?

I ran out of decaf coffee, and haven't been able to get more... my husband bought me this single serving coffee machine and for some reason finding decaf options is really difficult... I'll have to order some from the company, I fear.

So I had a cup of caffeinated coffee, with a little stevia to sweeten it up a bit, and some low fat milk. I know that having the caffeine shoots up my blood pressure throughout the day, hence why I was avoiding it before I started this diet, but I really needed something to keep me going. I've been getting up early and going to the gym, but getting up in the dark makes me feel tired. I miss the sunshine.

I'll stop by Bed Bath and Beyond and see if they're now stocking some of the decaf coffee now on my way home, so tomorrow I can be back on the no caffeine wagon... but I'm hoping that I didn't just sabotage myself.

Also, I was wondering about staying on P1 for longer than 2 weeks. One of my friends at work suggested staying on P1 for as long as you can stand it, and several of the anecdotes in the book talk about staying on P1 for a while. What, in your wisdom, do you suggest? I must say I read a thread about steel cut oats and think that I would love to stop eating as many eggs for breakfast. Oh, and beloved strawberries...

Kim_Star060404
03-13-2008, 01:35 PM
Hey uscarchie! I don't think you cheated this morning - I still drink a cup of caffeinated coffee in the mornings. I don't remember them being taboo, but I also can't justify going to buy decaf when I rely on the caffeine so much in the morning! ;)

Check this (http://3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52754) out about staying on P1 for longer than 2 weeks. It's really up to you, but I wouldn't recommend it.

FluffyK
03-13-2008, 03:29 PM
uscarchie - I have plans to stay on a modified version of P1 for pretty much the rest of my life. Mainly because that's the way I need to eat to feel good for other dietary issues. However, I do intend to have a whole grain here or there, as well as add berries into my diet. I don't intend on adding carbs to every meal, nor necessarily every day. I'm just going to eat those things when I feel the desire to and they are available. You must be eating a lot of veggies in order to stick on it for longer, though. You simply can't eat that much protein and stay healthy.

I'm not quite sure what "important" vitamins you are missing by excluding fruits, and the veggies in P1 are phenomenally higher in just about all vitamins than fruits are (including Vitamin C). Your B vitamins are in your lean red meats and green leafies, so you don't need those from fruit either.

I do agree that sticking with it might get too restrictive and you'll basically get so fed up with it that you'll quit. I have the extra incentive of a digestive tract that is very temperamental and likes having P1-like foods.

So if you're planning on sticking to P1 a little longer, that would be fine in my mind. If you're thinking of a long time, I would loosen the restrictions and find a happy medium that your mind can be satisfied with. If your loss is less than 3 lbs a week and you are exercising then you are still in a good range for long-term weight loss.

I would recommend finding someone who can do an accurate body fat measurement. That way, you can make sure that what you are losing is fat instead of lean muscle mass. Lean muscle mass is your friend, so losing weight faster at the loss of it is not a great idea.

It is SOO tempting to want to lose the weight quickly. I think it stems from a fear that we won't "stick with it" this time and we want to get to the end faster. If you can get your mind into that calm place and tell yourself that you are new person, not just an overweight person on a diet, I think it helps. You need to recreate your eating habits, your exercise habits, and your body image. That's basically making a whole new you, and that can't be done overnight either.

dawnhere
03-13-2008, 03:45 PM
Hi FluffyK/Krystal,
You offered some great advice in that last post. I've been wondering about staying on P1 longer too, for the same reason--faster weight loss. But you're right: I'm going to try to start thinking about myself as a new person now, not the same old person on yet another diet. Thanks for the pep talk!
Dawn

cathbro
03-13-2008, 04:31 PM
Okay I am starting P1 on Monday but I really don't like breakfast. I only eat eggs hardboiled so I am thinking I will eat eggs and canadian bacon I will also drink a spicy V8. Do I have to eat veggies for breakfast? How many eggs and canadian bacon should I have? I want to be able to do this breakfast through all of P1 if it is allowed. Also I am not a big meat eater but I LOVE salad. Probably the only meat I will eat is grilled or baked chicken maybe 3 times a week. What else can I do to get protein in for my lunch and dinner? Would lowfat cheese in a salad be enough protein? Or maybe a mozzarella cheese stick with a salad?:p I hope I am not bugging everyone to death.:^:

Are navy beans allowed in P1?

uscarchie
03-13-2008, 05:36 PM
Cathbro, I love Tofu and have added that to my salads. I've also made a delicious peanut satay from this forum and had it with tofu...

I've found that 2 eggs fills me up in the morning, and that 3 eggs is too much for me. But my husband doesn't complain, because then he gets to have half an omlette for breakfast.

You could also cut up boiled ham to put into your salad, or some of the hard boiled egg... make it a chef salad.

I would think navy beans were fine. I have kidney beans, white beans, and chickpeas in my cabinet, and I think all of those are okay. The kidney beans could also go into your salad...

Hey, can I come over to your house for lunch? This is starting to sound delicious.

FluffyK
03-13-2008, 06:07 PM
Protein: beans, tofu, almonds, cashews, natural PB, cheese, ricotta....

See my reminder above about going to the P1 breakfast recipes in here and finding the "Belgian Waffles"... if you hate eggs, THIS is the recipe to make. I have had it every day of P1. I just hate the taste of eggs.

VermontMom
03-14-2008, 10:42 AM
Good morning! I just started SB on Monday, so I am now on day 5 of Phase 1. I have read, and re-read the book, and consider it my Bible and source of inspiration :D

I am enjoying the food very much, and am very inspired and happy to try this :)

I'm putting more of an introduction in another thread so I don't get off track on this thread.

Breakfast - Egg beaters with sauteed broccoli, red peppers and spinach.

Kim_Star060404
03-14-2008, 11:26 AM
Day 6, Phase 1

2 turkey bacon cups
12 oz. Coffee, 3 splenda
2 T. Skim milk

2 Celery stalks, 1 wedge LC Light Cheese

Deli turkey
2 c. salad
1 T. homemade dressing
2 T. shredded cheese

Lettuce wrap

SB Patty
1 c. salad
1 T. homemade dressing
Mixed veggies

1 SF Fudgesicle
1 c. skim milk

Kim_Star060404
03-14-2008, 11:30 AM
Day 5 didn't go that well for me. I was feeling weak and woozy post-workout, so I indulged in a Luna bar that I found hidden in the snack bin. Sigh. I'm pretty sure it's because I missed my morning snack - I was just too busy to realize that I wasn't eating on schedule!

Today will be better - only 9 days left of P1 and then I can have some grains! Yum!

uscarchie
03-14-2008, 01:24 PM
Day 13, and I'm wearing my skinny jeans! They're still a size 20, but they've always been tight.

Last night I dreamt about binging on a pint of ice cream. I felt so guilty when I woke up! Terrible. But thank god it was just a dream. I even avoided the wine at the wine and cheese presentation last night at work. (I probably could have had a bit but feel that being strict with myself is working, and I'm afraid of reverting back to my bad habits. Probably why I had the bad dream last night.

Sad, that a dream about ice cream could be considered a nightmare...

uscarchie
03-14-2008, 01:26 PM
Also, Kim, thank you for all of your support through this... I want to give back a little support to you, too. Keep going, your meal plans have given me a lot of insight about what to eat, and good ideas. Hopefully it will get easier soon for you.

cathbro
03-14-2008, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the suggestions everyone!:D I did not even realize we had a recipe section so thanks for pointing that out. Those waffles sound really good I will have to try them on the weekends. Is spicy V8 allowed?

FluffyK
03-14-2008, 05:51 PM
cathbro - yes, V8 is allowed.

uscarchie - great job on the skinny jeans!!! I have about 4 sizes of jeans in my closet because my weight fluctuated 20 lbs back and forth in the last 2 years. (I'm short, so 5 lbs nearly changes a size on me).

Kim_Star060404
03-16-2008, 10:21 AM
Also, Kim, thank you for all of your support through this... I want to give back a little support to you, too. Keep going, your meal plans have given me a lot of insight about what to eat, and good ideas. Hopefully it will get easier soon for you.

Awwww,thanks! :hug: I have to be honest, though. Giving support to others reminds me of what I need to be doing! You give me so much support in return! Good luck on P2 and I can't wait to see your progress!

uscarchie
03-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Thanks guys for all the support! I started P2 today, and had the steel cut oatmeal, with a strawberry and some almond slivers, and some Blue Agave Nectar for sweetener. OMG was that delicious! SOOOOOO good! I highly recommend it. Even my husband, who's always like "ewww, oatmeal" enjoyed it.

I'm still at 236, so 18 lbs down from my heaviest, and 12 lbs for P1, which is about right. I think I'll start measuring my weight on Sundays, because I know that P2 is supposed to be about 1 to 2 lbs per week, and I feel like weighing myself every day would be counter productive.

I am feeling so happy and good right now, and a lot of that has to do with the support from this forum. I'm glad that I've found it.

Although now I need a Marching into P2 thread....

Guess it's time to move into the daily chat thread.

Gonna go get myself a nice hair cut today, and that's going to trim another lb or two off of my weight, because I have such thick hair! The poor lady who cuts it will have her work cut out for her.

FluffyK
03-16-2008, 05:23 PM
USC - congratulations on the P1 weight loss. I lost 5 lbs on P1, which is pretty good. If I had lost 12, I think I would be over the moon! LOL! I would be 40% of the way to my goal - that would have been awesome. I'm happy with the 5 lbs, though. Things are starting to fit better, but those darned boots were still tight yesterday.. :angry:

Still a NSV to look forward to.

jandaman
03-17-2008, 06:44 AM
good on ya usarchie!!:carrot:
welcome to phase 2!

i also owe ALOT to this forum (thanx again guys!)and agree with you on the marching into phase two thread;)
after a week in phase 2 i am starting to feel a little leery of it...i suppose the tight control of phase 1 worked out better for me..it's difficult paying attention to what your body's reaction to certain foods are. *sheesh!* i am constantly feeling like i could slip at any moment..i guess i will have to get used to evaluating and re-evaluating my daily menus. good luck!!

Loriann7
03-17-2008, 06:56 AM
Janda, the evaluation of foods gets easier. Just remember to listen to your body! (speaking to myself here!)

Kim_Star060404
03-17-2008, 11:35 AM
uscarchie and jandaman: I was going to start a P2 discussion when I moved on, but I'll check now and if one hasn't already been started, I'll get one going!

Edited to add: Okay, I got a Phase 2 chat started. Save a place for me - I'll be there this Sunday!! :D Here (http://3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2103495#post2103495) it is!!

Kim_Star060404
03-17-2008, 11:57 AM
Day 7, Phase 1

Saus/Chz Cup
4 oz. LS V8
8 oz. skim milk
12 oz. Coffee, 4 splenda
3 T. Skim milk

2 Celery stalks
2 T. Peanut Butter

SB Patty
1 1/2 c. salad
1 T. homemade dressing

Lettuce wrap w/ turkey

Enchilada Chicken
1 c. salad
1 T. homemade dressing
1/2 c. pinto beans

1 SF Fudgesicle
1 c. skim milk

H20: 120 oz
Exercise: 2 hours shoveling horse manure :dizzy:

Day 8, Phase 1

Saus/Chz Cup
4 oz. LS V8
8 oz. skim milk
12 oz. Coffee, 4 splenda
3 T. Skim milk

1/2 c. salad
1/2 T. homemade dressing
1 String Cheese

Chicken
1 c. salad
1 T. homemade dressing
1/2 c. pinto beans

2 Celery stalks
2 T. Peanut Butter

Enchilada Chicken
1 c. salad
1 T. homemade dressing
1/2 c. pinto beans

1 SF Fudgesicle
1 c. skim milk

H20: 90 oz
Exercise: Day of rest

Shesaninja
03-18-2008, 01:41 PM
Hello?!! *echo*:)

I just pulled this off of page two so I'm guessing most of you ladies have moved on to ph2!?

I'll post my menu here anyway:

B: cottage cheese w/cucumbers
L: salad with chick peas, cucumber, cheese, lf ranch, broccoli
S: string cheese and a brownie that made it's way into my belly somehow.. oopsie
D: pork chops, green beans and spaghetti squash (I love it)

Kim_Star060404
03-18-2008, 04:48 PM
Day 9, Phase 1

2 eggs
2 slices turkey bacon
4 oz. V8
12 oz. Coffee, 4 splenda
3 T. Skim milk

1/2 c. salad
Mixed nuts

3 oz. tuna w/ mayo
2 c. salad
1 T. homemade dressing

Lettuce wrap w/ turkey

Baked Chicken
1 c. salad
1 T. homemade dressing
1/2 c. steamed veggies

1 SB PB Cup
8 oz. Skim milk

H2O: 80 oz
Exercise: None :( Breathing problems

Kim_Star060404
03-18-2008, 04:49 PM
Day 10, Phase 1

Saus/Chz Cup
4 oz. LS V8
8 oz. skim milk
12 oz. Coffee, 4 splenda
3 T. Skim milk

1/2 c. salad
1/2 T. homemade dressing
1 String Cheese

Deli turkey
2 c. salad
1 T. homemade dressing
2 T. shredded cheese

Lettuce wrap w/ turkey

Meatball Casserole
1 c. salad
1 T. homemade dressing
1/2 c. baked zucchini

1 SF Fudgesicle
1 c. skim milk

H2O: 60 oz so far
Exercise: None again - more breathing problems - dang allergies!! :(

Kim_Star060404
03-18-2008, 04:51 PM
Hello?!! *echo*:)

I just pulled this off of page two so I'm guessing most of you ladies have moved on to ph2!?

Hiya! :wave: Yes, unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it), most of our P1 group has moved on to P2.

Glad you're here! I'll be moving on in 4 more days - but we can support each other until then!

~Kim

blondywants2bethin
03-18-2008, 08:36 PM
:carrot:

just wanted to say that you ,you should use the recipes from the sb seccion of this site i got alot of great stuff

:welcome::wel3fc::ebike:

vmarie
03-19-2008, 02:46 AM
hi!
i just finished D1 P1. i struggled around 5pm today, when i was in the store buying food for SBD and wanting everything else in sight. also, i have dry mouth... anyone else have that? i googled it and it sounds like ketosis? so i just drank some NF milk, hoping it would take it away but it didn't. here is what i ate:

B - reduced fat turkey bacon, cheese and egg sandwich from starbucks (without the english muffin), 16oz coffee w/ splenda
S - LF string cheese, 24oz water
L - salad with tomatoes, grilled chicken breast, cucmbers. 16oz coffee w/ splenda
S - 2 LF string cheese, 24oz water
D - 1egg, 2 egg white omelette with 1c tomatoes, 1c spinach. 16oz water
S - 16oz milk, SF jello

cottagebythesea
03-19-2008, 07:16 AM
:welcome3: vmarie! Your menu looks pretty good, but you should try to work some beans into your plan, too. For the dry mouth problem, keep on drinking the water, and also chewing gum helps. :)

Kim_Star060404
03-19-2008, 09:45 AM
hi!
also, i have dry mouth... anyone else have that? i googled it and it sounds like ketosis? so i just drank some NF milk, hoping it would take it away but it didn't.

:welcome:, vmarie! I agree wholeheartedly with Cottage! I chew gum constantly and drink about 20% more water on SB than I usually do. It really helps. I also agree with her about the beans - they are a lifesaver in P1. I hope you have a great day today and I look forward to getting to know you!

~Kim

Shesaninja
03-19-2008, 02:09 PM
Hello Kim and other ph1ers!!

I'm glad there are a few left in here for me to chit chat with for the next week and a half!

PH1 Day 2:
B: cottage cheese and cucumbers
L: Cheesy broccoli soup
S: string cheese and mixed nuts
D: Burger steak w/lf cheese, steamed green beans, leftover spaghetti squash w/peppers, onion, minced garlic and celery cut up and sauteed in it, topped with a little spray butter and parmesean. It was delicious!!
Dessert: a nsa fudgebar
I also cheated and had a glass of wine because I was a good girl and worked out!

Workout: 40min Turbo Jam video

uscarchie
03-19-2008, 02:12 PM
I've been loving this Orbitz sugarfree gum. I like the mint varieties, but the mint mojito and raspberry mint were nice "dessert" like flavors for me. Gum helps me curb the tendency to boredom snack. Because I will seriously raid the snack closet if I'm not thinking about it.

Shesaninja
03-19-2008, 02:22 PM
((((Gum)))) It really helps me out too!;)

I like the altoids spearmint flavor or the orbitz sweetmint.

cathbro
03-19-2008, 02:27 PM
Gum has been a great help to me also. I love Extra SF peppermint!

vmarie
03-20-2008, 12:19 PM
yesterday was much better, as far as dry mouth goes. thanks for the advice. Drank a LOT fo water and chewed on some gum. However, I cheated a bit (without realizing it at first.. that's how addicted to chocolate i am! didn't realize what i was doing till after i ate it). at least i'm becoming more aware of what i'm eating...
menu for yesterday:
B- RF turkey bacon, cheese, and egg. 1/2 whole wheat english muffin (i know it's "cheating" but i needed a bit of carbs to function.) 12oz nonfat latte with 1 splenda. 24oz water

S - 5.5oz low sodium V8, LF string cheese. 12oz water

L - salad (lettuce and spinach) with 1/2C black beans and a tiny amt of FF dressing (less than 1tsp). 3oz tuna

S - Hard boiled egg. SF Jello. SF red bull, 12oz water, 16oz tea with one splenda. 15 unsalted almonds (ate a lot for snacks since i was going to work out)

D - 1 egg, 2 egg white omelette with 1C tomatoes, 1C spinach. 4 hersheys kisses. 24oz water. SF jello

Workout: 2mile walk/jog for 30min

Tonight I'm having a March Madness party, which will be a huge test. to drink beer or not to drink beer...

Kim_Star060404
03-20-2008, 03:23 PM
Oops! Forgot to post Day 11!!

Day 11, Phase 1

2 eggs
2 slices turkey bacon
4 oz. V8
12 oz. Coffee, 4 splenda
3 T. Skim milk

2 Celery stalks
2 T. Peanut Butter

3 oz. tuna w/ mayo
2 c. salad
1 T. homemade dressing

1/2 c. salad
1/2 T. homemade dressing
1 String Cheese

Meatball Casserole
1 c. salad
1 T. homemade dressing
Mixed veggies

1 SF Fudgesicle
8 oz. Skim milk

Exercise: 2 mile WATP DVD; 35 minutes

Day 12, Phase 1

Saus/Chz Cup
4 oz. LS V8
8 oz. skim milk
12 oz. Coffee, 4 splenda
3 T. Skim milk

Lettuce wrap w/ turkey

Deli turkey
2 c. salad
1 T. homemade dressing
2 T. shredded cheese

2 Celery stalks
LC Light Cheese

Baked Pork Chops
1 c. salad
1 T. homemade dressing
Mixed veggies

1 SF Fudgesicle
1 c. skim milk

H2O: 50 oz so far
Planned Exercise: Rest

FluffyK
03-20-2008, 04:20 PM
Kim - I just saw your CSG removal line - I am sure glad you stuck around after dealing with rude people. What in the world is their problem?

Kim_Star060404
03-20-2008, 04:27 PM
Kim - I just saw your CSG removal line - I am sure glad you stuck around after dealing with rude people. What in the world is their problem?

Dunno, sometimes there's just people like that on every board - you just have to roll with the punches and move on. :D

vmarie
03-20-2008, 04:50 PM
kim, your menu gave me a lot of ideas for food choices!! thanks!

ducgirlm620
03-24-2008, 09:29 AM
Good morning! I'm back after a small break. :D 3FC has always been great a keeping me motivated when I'm trying to get back into my skinny jeans. P1D1 is a wrap for me.

B: 2 eggs baked in canandian bacon
S: roasted chick peas (THESE SOOOO ROCK)
L: Grilled Salmon salad w/some FF Feta
S: Veggie sticks with hummus
D: Grilled chicken, black beans and grilled eggplant

QUESTION: Am I allowed to eat this many beans? I didn't notice it until I started writing it down....

FluffyK
03-24-2008, 09:53 AM
Back to P1 for the most of the day. I forgot we're going to a Dyngus Day celebration at a church, and the food choices there are likely to be limited.

Sunshine07
03-24-2008, 11:06 AM
I am starting all over again. I did this diet about 9 months ago, everything went great, but I gained all my weight plus some and I am getting married in 3months so I need to get my butt in gear. Last night went shopping bought everything we needed for the week. Here is my menu plan for today.

Breakfast2 eggs
2 peices of turkey bacon
1/2 V-8 Spicy Hot with some Lemon Juice

Snack
String Cheese

Lunch
Salad with cut up ham slices, cilantro, and some balsamic vinagrette dressing!!!

Snack
Sliced cucumbers with lemon and salt

Dinner
So far havent planned that out yet. It's time to go get some ideas.

mary83
03-24-2008, 11:19 AM
Sunshine~ Congratulations on getting married!!

Ducgirl~ I am planning on making roasted chickpeas for the first time this week...are they something you can eat with your hands, or do you need a fork? Are they pretty portable?

Fluffy~ What is Dyngus Day?

vmarie
03-24-2008, 12:17 PM
Today starts day 7 of phase 1. I have had more energy than I've ever had in recent memory!! i feel great.
This weekend was a bit tough... felt bored here and there on saturday, so ate even when i wasn't hungry. yesterday, the family got together for Easter. I resisted dessert and bread (i have *never* done that before!) but ate too much ham, i think.
Went to Macaroni grill w/ a friend for dinner last night. Again, resisted the bread. not that hard to do, suprisingly. Had the "skinny chicken" and the sauce probably wasn't SB-friendly, but overall not bad. the server even put a whole loaf of their bread in both of our take-home boxes and i didn't notice it till i got home. i was thisclose to binging but just threw it away. felt bad about not offering it to the roommates, but didn't want it in sight.

Breakfast today - leftover chicken, one hardboiled egg, 12oz sugar free red bull.

Schmoodle
03-24-2008, 01:07 PM
Hi Phase I chicks! Shove over, I'm coming down to this end of the beach for a while. I plan to do at least 10 days of Ph1, maybe the full two weeks, we'll see about that. Today is Day 1.

ducgirlm620
03-25-2008, 06:40 PM
I roasted the chick peas at 400 for about 50 minutes. Make sure you keep shaking the pan so they don't burn (I burnt the first batch). If you cook them long enough, the become crunchy and you can eat them like roasted nuts.

P2D2 went well for me.... even with my work schedule keeping me from being able to snack in the morning, I stayed full from bfast and didn't feel like I was going to die of hunger!!!

B: 2 quiches and 1/2c protein shake
S: none
L: grilled salmon and black beans w/shredded cheese
S (2pm): roasted chick peas
S (5pm): veggie sticks; hummus; 1oz cheese
D: (8pm): grilled mahi w/mustard cream; grilled asparagus

Hope everyone has a pleasant day!!

Sunshine07
03-27-2008, 04:29 PM
I have to say that this time around has been a lot harder for me. I am craving sweets and carbs like there is no tomorrow. My SIL told me this morning she wanted pancakes and OMG it sounded so good. We are going to a seminar tonight and they are serving a light dinner, but i dont know what they are serving and it is killing me. We have been doing really good but I am craving milk, i dont why.

Kim_Star060404
03-27-2008, 04:33 PM
Sunshine - If you're craving milk, get some skim or ff milk and have a glass. I wouldn't have made it through P1 without at least 8 oz a day. It kept other cravings at bay.

Edited to add: Here's (http://3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49548) the updated P1 foods list. You're allowed 2 cups a day, so enjoy!

Sunshine07
03-27-2008, 04:41 PM
Kim_Star060404 I have been having milk in the morning and at night. We bought 1% which i think is yumm-o. I also i have been craving a lot of cheese. I dont know why.

Kim_Star060404
03-27-2008, 04:53 PM
Hmmmm, then that's weird. I love cheese and consider it more a need than a craving! ;) That's probably why I'm having to lose weight!! :lol:

Kim_Star060404
03-27-2008, 04:55 PM
Just thought of something, Sunshine. Are you getting enough protein? Are you eating your legumes? This may be prompting your body to crave cheeses. Just a theory.

Sunshine07
03-27-2008, 05:55 PM
Kim_Star060404 I dont mean to be stupid but what are legumes?

Today I ate the following:

Breakfast
2 eggs
turkey bacon
half a cup of 1% milk

Lunch
Salad with shredded chicken and onions and salt and pepper a little mayo

Havent had any snack today, just water. We are also going to a seminar tonight and they are having a light supper. I just hope that is is somewhat healthy. Just in case FH is bringing some turkey slices and some cheese for me to eat. HE is doing the diet too!!

Kim_Star060404
03-27-2008, 06:03 PM
No, not stupid at all!! Beans; like pinto beans, chickpeas (great toasted) and etc. It is strongly advised to get 1/3 cup a day on all phases of SB. (And they're SO yummy!)

SAnativegirl
03-27-2008, 06:40 PM
Now I have a stupid question-what is FH? I know what DH is. Is that First husband, Funny husband, Foolish husband, Fabulous husband, dont know :?:

Kim_Star060404
03-27-2008, 10:32 PM
Maybe a typo? The 'D' is right next to the 'F'...

Sunshine07
03-28-2008, 11:17 AM
FH- Means Future Husband. I am getting married in July, so he is not my husband quite yet!!

Yes I have been eating beans!! Granted I do need to eat more!!

DreaMarie
03-31-2008, 12:55 PM
Just wanted to say hello to everyone. Today is my first day on SB. I tried it a couple of years ago and enjoyed it for a few weeks until I thought I'd have a couple onion rings and get right back on track...but I never got back on track. lol. Last year, I did the fat smash for a few months but that ended when I went on vacation and felt like I had to try everything I saw. I decided to try SB again bc I need my meat!! And the support group on here is much larger and very much alive. So, I hope everyone is having a great Monday and hopefully I'll be seeing success soon!