Support Groups - Herbal Magic Gal's !

Pages : [1] 2 3

View Full Version : Herbal Magic Gal's !

ChristinaBeke
03-03-2008, 12:10 AM
ok Do I have any other Herbal Magic Gals here ??

I started feb 25 th @ 186lbs and I have to go everyday for two weeks for any questions and weigh ins ,messurments

So i will be posting how i'm doing on a daily base.
since i'm not allowed to have a siggie yet.

02/26-186
05/11-165
----------

ChristinaBeke
03-03-2008, 12:59 PM
Well Since I'm the Only Canadian that seems to be on this.

I start with today updated.

Weigh in #1 Feb 25 186lbs
Weigh in #2 Mar 3 180lbs

Yahoo for today -3lbs ~!~ :carrot:

ChristinaBeke
03-05-2008, 11:31 PM
ok today I got messurements done

8 inches Off total ! and same 179lbs

ashleymorgan
03-06-2008, 01:09 PM
Started two days ago!

Drinking as much water as possible. Wasn't in my favor yesterday when I went to walk my dog. Had to cut the walk short as I had to pee so much!

Glad to be on this with someone on the same program. I'll fill in my weight progress next time.

ChristinaBeke
03-07-2008, 05:52 PM
Started two days ago!

Drinking as much water as possible. Wasn't in my favor yesterday when I went to walk my dog. Had to cut the walk short as I had to pee so much!

Glad to be on this with someone on the same program. I'll fill in my weight progress next time.

Hi Herbal Magic Buddy !!

I have been on it for 1week and 2day and I Feel Great. and Yes all this water I feel like Peeeeeeing all the time :dizzy: down 6.5 lbs and 8inches
al over. :carrot:

What your intro like.
Age ?
hight?
Weight?
Mini Goal?
by When?
Goal?
By when?

4'11
started 186 02/25/08
current 179 03/07/08
Mini Gaol 130 by July
Goal Dec 2008

I have bought both Cook books.. like say yummie and I have made a few.

how much did you started kits cost? 349.00 with Meds (3) scale and bars and drinks,magiazine, etc..
and Weekly cost? 6.00

Sorry So many questions

If you have Messenager please add me
Jeepchick 74 @ hotmail . com

chrisitna

ashleymorgan
03-10-2008, 02:03 PM
Well here are my stats

5'6"
Started at 192lbs
Currently at 186lbs (Lost 6 lbs so far)
Mini Goal 20lbs by May 1 (Going to Cuba for a wedding)
Final goal 150lbs by July 28 (Getting Married on August 8)

My started kit was 349 too. Paid the costs all up front and am buying the wm2000 each week for 50+tax.

Haven't bought the cookbooks as I am a very big foodie and love to cook. My sister did give me a protein bar recipe and I'm hoping that I can use it instead of their over priced ones. Don't get me wrong I do love the program but it is so expensive. That's also why I refuse to buy the cookbooks.

Would you send me some of your favorite recipes? If the protein Bar recipe is approved by them i will send it to you! I'm trying to save for a wedding so I'm trying not to spend extra money on this life change.

Unfortunatly I am not on messenger. but I am on facebook. Look me up Ashley McKenna

Have a great week! Nice to be able to chat with someone about this.

ash

ChristinaBeke
03-10-2008, 04:35 PM
;) hey Ashley

Well it nice to get to know ya more. Well I tryed to look you up on FB but there are 2pgs So look up Christina Beke (Pic if DH & I)

hey youll have to share your protein bare recipe ok.

I also Paid the349.00 and the 6.wk costs all up front too.
i'm on
WH2000-2 ,Chromium-1,MaxEfax-1 All 3 day !
On my own I take b6,12 and a vitamin daily

ashleymorgan
03-11-2008, 01:43 PM
Can't find you on Face Book. I'm in the calgary network with Sunglasses on my head and a blue shirt. I'm taking a self pic so you can see my arm.

Protein Bar Recipe needs to be altered now to get more protein out of it. I'll forward it to you when I get it right.

Im on the WM200 and the Chromium. What is the MaxEfax for?

Ash

ChristinaBeke
03-11-2008, 05:34 PM
ok Found ya !

And the Max-EFA

(EFAs) are fats that are essential to good health. Essential fatty acids are not produced in the body and must be supplied from outside sources. Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs) are necessary fats that humans cannot synthesize, and must be obtained through diet. EFAs are long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids derived from linolenic, linoleic, and oleic acids. OilMax contains the full range of EFAs: Omega-3, Omega-6, and Omega-9 fatty acids. Omega 3, Omega 6, and Omega 9 fatty acids found in cells and cell membranes, play an important role in regulating bodily functions, including functions of the brain, cardiovascular and nervous systems, joint flexibility, fat metabolism, and cell division.
60 softgels Directions: For oral use only. Recommended adult dosage: 1-4 softgels 1-3 times daily or as directed. This product contains no yeast, wheat gluten, milk/dairy, corn, sodium, sugar, starch, artifical colouring, preservatives or flavouring.

what that WM200's? I'm going to ask what the differ is on what we'ee taking in WH2000 i'm taking tomorrow !

ChristinaBeke
03-12-2008, 01:21 PM
Well went in today for my weight and messurments and they are
Still 179.00 ( Water & waiting for AF to come) AND anoher 5 inches = 13.5 inches off in 2weeks :carrot:

W:179
inches off 13.5
in 2weeks!

OK Ashley I checked on the stuff and there the same.. wasn't looking at my spelling. hehe :dizzy:

This Waiting for AF to come is kill me beceause I could have lost another 5lbs if I wasn't retaining water.

So Hows your day ?

ashleymorgan
03-12-2008, 02:06 PM
that's Awesome!!!!!!

I had a 1lb gain yesterday. But my clothes are starting to get looser and I'm going in for my measurements today. AF was around for the weekend for me so I'm thinking that had a part to do with the 1lb gain. I've been really good on my diet and I'm drinking 4-5 green bottles of water a day.

they said that i was going to fluctuate the first couple of weeks so I"m not dissapointed. I've lost a total of 5 lbs so far so I'm quite happy.

I'll update you on my totals tomorrow!

Have a great day!

ChristinaBeke
03-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Good Luck on your measurements & still great on your 5lbs lost so far. and Wow on you drinking 4-5 green bottles a day. 1 greenbottle is 3cups so thats great your doing that many. I drink 3bottles =9ups and 1 green bottle of Diet Icetea NO Sugar,no slat. by lipton. I got in the states the other weekend. It's yummie, not not into D.pops or anything else.

ashleymorgan
03-13-2008, 02:18 PM
Okay it was a great day yesterday!!!!

total loss to date: 6.75lbs I'm pissed about the .25 thing. Can't we just round it up to 7?

Inches lost: 3.5 in one week. 1 Inch straight from my chest. (I'm very well endowed)

I'm loving the 4-5 green bottles a day other than the fact that I will pee 3 times in 30 minutes. I think it's the best way to fllush everything out faster. Give it a try! I'm a Diet Coke Addict! I don't drink coffee but I love the diet coke! I'm working on that now too. I am finding though that I'll only drink about half of it at lunch now and bring the rest to my desk with me. So i know i'll be able to kick that habit soon.

I'm going to a catering tasting tonight so it's going to be challenging. But I'm saving lots of my foods for tonight. 1 Fat, 2 Starch, 2 Veg, 2 P.

Keep up the good work. We'll be at our goal in no time!

ash

ChristinaBeke
03-13-2008, 08:51 PM
Wow good job on 6.75lbs and 3.5 inches in a week.

Good job still on all that water + D.coke
I know when I started drinking all 3 bottles I was peeing too every 30mins lol
I hope you get good dinner with everything you saved. ::dust:Yummie !

:yoga: Our Goals

ChristinaBeke
03-15-2008, 12:37 PM
Hey Ashley ....

Yahoo Down another 1LB. Now * 178 * :carrot:

Was waiting on AF for the past week so great weight loss this passed week.
Aunt Flow has Showed up last night and I say let the weight start dropping again !! :trampo:

ashleymorgan
03-17-2008, 06:22 PM
Sorry it took me so long to write back. i was out of town for the weekend visiting my man. He has even noticed the loss! Super for AF!

Keep it up! you'll be done your goal in no time at all!

As for me, I had kind of a bad weekend. Just limited the bad stuff. I'm hoping I didn't totally screw myself over so wish me luck for the weigh in tonight.

talk to you later,

ash

tlm5285
03-17-2008, 07:33 PM
hi i am going in the morning to a meting to check out HB. i have to lose 50lbs. but wan to lose 40 by aug. how much total did you have to pay? i heard like 1200-1500 to start? you said 349? please let me know and i am glad it is working so well for you. cheers tammy.;)

ChristinaBeke
03-17-2008, 08:07 PM
hi i am going in the morning to a meting to check out HB. i have to lose 50lbs. but wan to lose 40 by aug. how much total did you have to pay? i heard like 1200-1500 to start? you said 349? please let me know and i am glad it is working so well for you. cheers tammy.;)

Hey Tammy

Welcome to this Little HM Thread.

Well I'm in Windsor Ont and its $

L
349.00 for the starter kit here and it came with all the goodies to get started. Daily food diery & with other coupons ,Scale,Magiane,protien bars & Shakes and FavoMagic herb mix..etc. and from there it's $6.00 A Week to stop in the centre and the first 2wks you stop in everyday then you go M,W,F.

I love the centre I'm at the gals are GREAT :carrot:
let us know how it go's :)

TrudyF
03-19-2008, 10:07 AM
Hey Christina I found you.. Took me a while but here I am..Hehe.

I live just outside of Alliston, Ontario.. Quite a ways from Windsor but still in the same province.

I started Herbal Magic Feb 14th at 265 at lot I know but I am 6' tall
I am now down to 252 as of Monday I will be going today for my weigh in.
I did get down to 250 for about one minute..Hahaha.
Weekends are my downfall, not so as in eating too much but we always go out drinking on Friday nights and then I get the hangover munchies on Sat.

Anyhooo I hope to be at my goal of 200 by October.

Maybe I should make this more sensible next post

TrudyF
03-19-2008, 04:27 PM
My name is Trudy
Married
3 kids
1 grandbaby
50 years old
6' tall
Start weight 265
Todays weight 252
By July hopefully 230
By Oct Goal 200

We own a paving company just outside of Alliston, so I work from home, paper work etc.

I got into a rut kinda and gained 2 lbs back this last weekend. I am slowly loosing it again.. I find it hard to loose since I am menopausal I think and get PMS but not the actual period sometimes.
I need someone just to chat with I think and compare ideas and maybe some recipes.
Its good to meet you guys.
:)

ChristinaBeke
03-20-2008, 08:54 AM
:carrot: Trudy glad you find your way here. :carrot:

Hey I looked upwhere your from on www . town . newtecumseth . on . ca / index
Alliston, Ontario
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

wow that great job on you weight lose for just starting just like Ashley & I here. I think thats great we all started the same Time.

Well I went in yousterday and I lost another 3.5inches :carrot: total -16 1/2 inches and down 8lbs with them 02/25 . I'm at 12lbs total from my own start time.Feb1

Girls keep up the Great work !

ChristinaBeke
03-20-2008, 08:56 AM

Tammy
Any Updates ?

ChristinaBeke
03-20-2008, 08:57 AM
Ashley where are ya, Come out and play with us !! Hehe !

Any Updates ?

TrudyF
03-20-2008, 06:28 PM
Hi again.. Sounds like you are doing great Christina. Whooo hooo

I weighed in today and I am down another pound.. I am happy with that. Hopefully I can keep it off over the weekend.

Do you guys find it hard to log into this web site.. I keep getting popups or something.. Strange.. It doesn't happen with other sites I go to..

Well off to the bar since its like Friday tonight.. Have a great evening guys and probably chat with ya tomorrow..

TrudyF
03-20-2008, 06:30 PM
Oh yeah they consider "Alliston" New Tecumseth now.. A few years back the changed the name sort of in the books. New Tecumseth now includes, Beeton and Tottenham.. Small towns that surround..

Crazy government.. I don't know why they just can't leave the names alone..

TrudyF
03-21-2008, 08:42 PM
Well I made it through another day.. I kind of over did the popcorn but eveyone was eating chocolate eggs so I guess popcorn was better than chocolate..

How is everyone doing on the long weekend filled with chocolate?. Its hard.
I will be happy just to mantain my loss from last week..

TrudyF
03-22-2008, 09:03 PM
It looks like I may be here by myself.. Or everyone else has a life.. Hehe.

I did good again today and I am still full from dinner.
I find after dinner is the hardest for me since I love to snack while watching tv. It has been getting better though..

Hopefully someone checks in maybe tomorrow.. TTYL

ChristinaBeke
03-22-2008, 09:58 PM
Sorry Trudy your not here alone. :hug:

I was at work today 8-2pm and I miss out on getting weighted in. :"(

Humm I'm not going to let Easter Chocolate & Dinner hunt me.. Hehe

I'll check back in on Monday evening after work and let ya know if I lost or gain:dizzy:. k

PS Happy Easter !!

ChristinaBeke
03-24-2008, 08:45 PM
Ok HM Gals

How did you all do over the holiday ?
I weight in 1/4 lb Down... from Wed last I went in. ;) Not what I wanted to hear but at least its down.
And.....
I'm having a hard time passing 178lbs been there for 2wks now and Need to change menu they say....

I have been changed to another Menu to Eat.

Protiens :Chicken & Eggs Only
Starches :Any Form
Fruit :Oranges & Grapfruit only
Dairy :Any Form
Veggies :Spinach,Cabbage,Lettuce
Fats :Any

Chances May be Made to the Plan according top the following Guidelines.

So tonight I started this for Dinner.

5oz of chicken (p)
1 sm potato (s)
1oz of racotta cheese(1/2 d)
2 1/2 c Spinachs(v)
1Tbps FF sour cream(1/2 d)

Yummie

TrudyF
03-25-2008, 10:09 AM
Whoa Christina.. Thats quite a menu.. Its very restrictive.. I found the herbal magic menu restrictive anyways to start. I hope you do well on it.

I stayed the same over the weekend but I am happy with that. I loose the best during the week so we shall see for this week.

Good luck to the rest of you gals.

TrudyF
03-25-2008, 10:10 AM
Oh by the way your dinner DOES sound yummy..

Funny they restrict your veggies though. I think you should be able to have unlimited green veggies.

TrudyF
03-25-2008, 10:14 PM
Had an ok day today, but I overate a bit.. I hope it doesn't show on the scale tomorrow. I did so well yesterday and felt thinner but then today it seemed I wanted to keep eating all day.. Maybe the weather. Snow sucks big time.
Nighty nite

ChristinaBeke
03-26-2008, 08:26 AM
I like that..Trudy "Felt thinner today" ;)

I feel like that though the dat till i step on the scale too.

Wish me luck today, I get measured today !! :yoga:

ChristinaBeke
03-26-2008, 08:28 AM
Ashley Where ya hiding ?

How was your Easter ?

ChristinaBeke
03-26-2008, 02:14 PM
:carrot:-3 lbs from monday !! Now 175lbs :carrot:
and lost another 5inch today from last wed = 21.5 total :carrot:

cant wait to get my ticker !!

ChristinaBeke
03-26-2008, 02:15 PM
On on gals where Are ya ??

Reports !!

ChristinaBeke
03-26-2008, 02:24 PM
I Got Tickers !!

1 From Feb 1 08 . I change my Eating habbits
2 From Feb 25 08. Walked in to Herbal Magic and Started my New LIFE

JuliaDH
03-26-2008, 10:05 PM
Today I joined HM. I had a free consultation a year ago. But despite the cost I have to suck it up and realize that I can't do it myself!;) I would love to get to know you all and work with eachother to acheive our goals!

ChristinaBeke
03-27-2008, 08:30 AM
Today I joined HM. I had a free consultation a year ago. But despite the cost I have to suck it up and realize that I can't do it myself!;) I would love to get to know you all and work with eachother to acheive our goals!

Welcome :carrot:

Ya i know the coat is the Killer but I think it's so Worth it. I have been on it a month yesterday and I have Lost 11lbs & 21 1/2 inches and Stil losing.

Well if you have read my posts, I post on how and what my days are like.abd I even out done what I have eating few times.

WELCOME and Please post :hug:

What your intro !~!

Age ?
hight?
Weight?
Mini Goal?
by When?
Goal?
By when?

ellis
03-27-2008, 09:02 AM
Good morning! :wave:

I just wanted to mention... if any of you are interested in posting in the bio thread here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125796
we'd be glad to make a separate section for the Herbal Magic Gals. :)

Congratulations on your losses... keep at it!! :congrat:

ChristinaBeke
03-27-2008, 10:48 AM
Good morning! :wave:

I just wanted to mention... if any of you are interested in posting in the bio thread here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125796
we'd be glad to make a separate section for the Herbal Magic Gals. :)

Congratulations on your losses... keep at it!! :congrat:

thanks for the Welcome.
But I Started this Thread Because NO one posted a Herbal Magic section. So I have started my little thread here.
But if you can get us a Area for us that will be Great and tranfer out post there kool !

LMN !

TrudyF
03-27-2008, 03:20 PM
Hey there.. Sorry I have been MIA..
Congrats Christina... Yay!!!! 175 that is sooo great. I guess that new diet of yours is doing the trick.

I am also down 2 lbs since Monday.. I am happy.. I finally got measured since I have started (6 weeks ago).. And I am down 13.5 inches.. Whooo Hooo.

Mostly off my waist and stomach area which is great for me since that is where I carry most of the excess weight..

Welcome to Julia Hood and Ellis.. Its great to have a couple more peeps to chat with. I love this diet and it is working great..
By the summer we are going to be Hot Babes.. Hehehe.

TrudyF
03-27-2008, 03:21 PM
Christina how do you get a ticker?. I would love to track my weight like that.

TrudyF
03-27-2008, 03:28 PM
I guess I better get posting since I need 30 to get a ticker..

ellis
03-27-2008, 04:01 PM
thanks for the Welcome.
But I Started this Thread Because NO one posted a Herbal Magic section. So I have started my little thread here.
But if you can get us a Area for us that will be Great and tranfer out post there kool !

LMN !Christina, I'm so sorry! We don't actually have the room for an entire Herbal Magic section. :( That's why we put the thread here in Miscellaneous Clubs.
But I've started a post in the Bios if you ladies want to tell everyone a little about yourselves. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2120090&postcount=16

Keep posting, Trudy! You'll soon have 30 posts and 30 days. It's a tool we use to cut back on the spammers, but it makes kind of a nice little mini goal. You can record a loss by the time you're able to post your ticker. ;)

Keep up the good work, girls! :cp:

ashleymorgan
03-27-2008, 05:11 PM
Okay I'm BACK!!!!!

I was in Las Vegas for my stagette! It was a wild weeekend of partying & shopping! Thought that I was going to gain with all the Alcohol but I lost 2.5!!! I really paid attention to what I was eating and did not overindulge. Here are my current stats....

weight was 192 now 181 lost 11lbs in 3 weeks!
inches lost so far...9.25 sweet!~

Sorry I've missed out an all the fun. It's gonna take me some time to check everyones progress out.

Congrats on joining and believe me this is the best plan that I have ever been on.

See ya

ash

ashleymorgan
03-27-2008, 05:20 PM
now I"m caught up. I hope no one has left me behind and joined another group. Julie you did the exact same thing as I did. I went for a consult a year ago and felt that because of the cost I could do it on my own. Well I need the support too. Hello to all the newbies!!!!

ashleymorgan
03-27-2008, 05:20 PM
btw what is a ticker and how do you get one?

TrudyF
03-27-2008, 06:25 PM
Hi Ashley.... Good to meet ya. Wow a stagette in VEGAS.. How fun is that?? When are you getting married?

The ticker is the little thingy at the bottom of all your posts to keep track of how much weight you have lost.
Congrats on the 2 lbs too.. Thats great when you can loose on vacation..

ChristinaBeke
03-27-2008, 11:05 PM
Wow Ashley a stagette in Vegas Wow Sounds like Nughty Funnnn :cheers:

and you come back and weigh in -2.5lbs Good job !

and We miss ya not being here but you wore Out having fun and We didn't go anywhere on ya were All here. :hug:

and Good job Trudy too for you lose of -2lbs :carrot::carrot:

JuliaDH
03-28-2008, 12:05 AM
Evening Gals!
I am still feeling overwhelmed by my stats.

34 yrs
hight? 5foot 2
Mini Goal? 200lbs
by When? Dec 08
Goal? 150lbs
By when? May 09

I go for my 2nd wiegh in and 1st measure tomorrow afternoon.

JuliaDH
03-28-2008, 12:29 AM
Just thought I would add that I have been married 10 years this coming Oct and we have 3 kids ages 11,7, & 4. Stay at home mom with home child care business. Got to get it off...I have always been heavy:o but in 10 years I have put on almost 100 lb :eek: sshh don't tell my hubby. LOL Anyways its time to get control! You know when the light swith is on you cant ignore what is revealled! Anyone else have an aha moment?

TrudyF
03-28-2008, 09:29 AM
Julia I never really had the "ahh" moment but I know the weight creeps up on you with out you really paying attention. A couple of lbs here and there and then your way up before ya know it.. I was so there about 2 months ago.. I just felt blah.. Very overweight and VERY uncomfortable. I am so happy I decided to bite the bullet and join Herbal magic. It was the cost that kept me away for a few years.
It sure is nice though to chat to others about this. People that can understand how you feel.

Thanks

TrudyF
03-28-2008, 09:32 AM
Also I have to say I did the Atkins diet for about 1 year and now I think back its so unhealthy, with all that meat and fat.. No bread or fruit.. Crazy..

I lost only about 20lbs and gained about 40 back once I ate normally again.

TrudyF
03-28-2008, 09:33 AM
What kind of diets have you guys tried? I have also done Weight Watchers. I did good for a while but never really stuck it out for the long term.

JuliaDH
03-28-2008, 11:13 AM
I enjoyed Weight Watchers. But I struggled to get to meetings They are in the morning or at lunch or early evening. I have kids and a home child care business mix that in with a long distance truck driving husband. Time is a premium. I would have to hire a babysitter to go to WW and then when you still purchase supplements that you would take independent from WW program ie from GNC it doubles the price that it would cost for HM cause I can go to location at my convienence for support (1pm when I am down to 1kid who can handle a few minutes in the shop). And not pay a sitter $8 per hour out. Since asking 3 kids to sit an listen to fat people talk for 1 hour is not really an option LOL.

ashleymorgan
03-28-2008, 12:09 PM
Yes vegas was a little naughty. Met an extremely hot man (hot like that has never been after me) that loved my curves. I almost thought for a moment "why the **** am I trying to lose weight when the hottest man just picked me up because of my curves" Nothing happened Ladies! Just some friendly flirting...But It's out of my system now! I'm getting married on 080808 the lucky 8 date. My fiance and I are also going to Cuba may 1 for a wedding. I can't wait to buy a new sundress for the occassion. He's in the process of losing weight too. He's down 15lbs. We both gained 40 when we met each other. Oh nights sitting on the couch cuddling with him and some chips and dip. Dining out and not working out like we were used to. Eating the same amount as him cause I don't want him to eat my fries. He's 6'4" and I'm 5'6" we shouldn't be eating the same amount.

Other diets that I have tried....Wild Rose herbal detox (Lost 9 lbs in 12 days) came back faster then ever and more! Did the work out with a buddy thing until I couldn't stand the girl anymore. Why I love the HM is because I am forced to report to someone non-biased in my life and can let them give me **** when I gain.

Sorry to blab for so long I'm a girl that loves to chat as you can see!

Good Luck to all! Great job on the losses! Keep it up!

Feeling good, looking great!

ash

ashleymorgan
03-28-2008, 12:10 PM
How do I get a Ticker?

JuliaDH
03-28-2008, 03:22 PM
Just back from weigh in. Down 1.5 lb already!:carrot:

ChristinaBeke
03-28-2008, 05:35 PM
Trudy -Yahoo great job.:carrot:

I too went in got weighted in Down .5lb today :carrot:
Yes also like having someone to report to and guid me long and get me ideas!

Ashley isnt that the way you want to lose weight and a HOT Man loves your gooodies...hehe ~! Happy to hear you had a TON of fun.
and for your Ticker Get Posting up to 30 and you'll have option in you UserCp

Julia
Hum for the question on what other Diets have I tried
Zenacal took 20lbs off on 2months and stop becaue of effects..Eukk lest use say that & and I havent tried any others.:dizzy:

TrudyF
03-28-2008, 05:35 PM
Yay Julia.. Doesn't it feel good to loose? I just love the feeling of loose jeans..
Congrats on the 1.5lbs

Interesting story Ashley.. I like to flirt as well but I think I am getting a bit too old for that now.. I always thought, nothing is wrong with a bit of flirting as long as you go home with your hubby at the end of the night. Which of course I always did..
Sounds like you had a great time.

TrudyF
03-28-2008, 05:36 PM
I also like the idea of having to report to someone about my weight. I think it keeps me under control..

JuliaDH
03-28-2008, 06:58 PM
My husband is ticked. He wanted to be the one I report to. But honestly He means well. But sounds so insincere or judgemental. He is and always has been a fitness buff. So if it comes easy for him it should for me too. His ego is bruised. He just doesn't get it.

ChristinaBeke
03-28-2008, 08:45 PM
Poor DH Julie. I hope he understands sometimes you need people in your like that can look on the other side if the winter at things and be your other support team too ! "HUGS"

TrudyF
03-29-2008, 10:14 AM
Julia.. I feel for ya too. Sometimes I think people need to do this on their own or with someone that really understands how hard it is to loose weight. Men can loose weight so fast. Just by cutting out a few extras they drop the pounds.
My husband says "if you want to loose weight just stop eating" Yeah right..

Is he mad cause the cost is high or just feels that he can help you better?

Good luck to you and I know you can do it.

TrudyF
03-29-2008, 10:16 AM
Yay Christina on the .5 lbs. Thats great since you also lost a couple earlier too.

I am always scared when I loose a couple that they won't stay off. My weight flucuates so much from day to day.

TrudyF
03-29-2008, 10:17 AM
Well I got 20 posts now.. I am running out of stuff to talk about..Hehe

TrudyF
03-29-2008, 10:18 AM
I was supposed to weigh in yesterday but I didn't make it to town. Maybe I will go this morning.

We have a 50th birthday party to go to tonight and they are serving Pizza.. aaaaargh.. that is one of my favorites..

JuliaDH
03-29-2008, 11:53 AM
Nah he is not mad about the cost. He just wants to me to rely on him more. But I can't do that when some of the emotional eating is caused by him. I really need a third party:listen: to remind me not to eat to piss him off or to pity myself cause he's acting jerky. And to value myself despite what is going on around me.:goodvibes

TrudyF
03-29-2008, 01:48 PM
Yeah I can really relate to that Julia.

Is this site crazy slow or is it my computer?

ChristinaBeke
03-30-2008, 06:30 PM
Well ladies how was your weekened ?

I was busy home with the kids and went shopping.
Sunday shopping again.

Was a good Gal this weekend,eat good this weekened.

How about yous?
what do you think you took off this weekened ?

I think I did about 1-2lbs off.

JuliaDH
03-30-2008, 06:53 PM
Saturday nite was challenging. I was our once a month date. And I am still learning the program. Went to East Side Marios. Instead of worrying about counting servings. I just ate 1/2 of the portion. And healthier choices of course. Been very good today! I dont want to cheat. Worked out my mini goals to Oct. Our 10 year anni and I want 60 lbs to be gone by then!

JuliaDH
03-30-2008, 11:23 PM
Ok I have noticed my first pattern. I am hording portions fearful of running out by the end of the day. Like tonight now I am short 2 protein, 1 fruit, 1veg but I am not hungry and I dont want to eat after 9 pm.

TrudyF
03-30-2008, 11:31 PM
My day today was not so good. I had the hangover munchies. Non stop eating pretty much all day..

I hope I don't gain too much on Monday. I think it will be mostly water weight if I do.. I don't know why I do these things.. Sticking to this diet is hard on the weekends.

I'm glad you both did well this weekend and stuck with the program.. You will be rewarded on Monday's weigh-in.

TrudyF
03-30-2008, 11:33 PM
I do know that I will be right back on tomorrow and cheat free. That is the best thing about doing this. I used to say "oh well, I cheated I might as well eat for the rest of day"
I am going to stick with this...

TrudyF
03-30-2008, 11:33 PM
5 more posts and I can get a ticker..

TrudyF
03-30-2008, 11:35 PM
So Julia, what did you end up eating at East Side Mario's? We always go there but not since the diet. Their menu is not very diet friendly I think.

TrudyF
03-30-2008, 11:36 PM
Do you guys exercise? I don't but I would like to start. Maybe walking when it gets warmer out.

JuliaDH
03-30-2008, 11:42 PM
I had the angel hair pasta it seamed to have the most veggies. Broght over half home for the kids to eat for lumch today!

JuliaDH
03-30-2008, 11:43 PM
I walk back and for to the kids school. That is really the extend of my workouts. I am trying Richard Simmons dvd too. It was easier than I expected.

ChristinaBeke
03-30-2008, 11:58 PM
Wow Trudy sounds like a rough weekened. it's ok were all here for ya. I'll just kick your butt next weekend if you fall off the Wagon again, its not hard to fall off." Treats" Yummmie.

"JuliaHood Ok I have noticed my first pattern. I am hording portions fearful of running out by the end of the day. Like tonight now I am short 2 protein, 1 fruit, 1veg but I am not hungry and I dont want to eat after 9 pm. JuliaHood

Ok I can see it happeneing if you New to the Program. I did it too in the first few weeks. but I find if I plan out the night before what i'm going to eat I'm good. I also cook ahead of time and freeze it "Meals"

They have me on "
30-60min before eating
2WH2000 & 1Chromium

and with Meals
1MaxEfax

All 3 day !

On my own I take b6,12 and a vitamin daily

I'm Food allowed to have :

2 Protiens
2 Starches
2 Fruits
3 Veg
1 Dairy
2 Fats
1 Free Exchange

what is you Plan like. I know it can be differant if you in a higher or lower weight.

I can let ya know my Meals I was having till they can't my Menu last week.
Now on the same as above but all White Meat & Eggs & Green Veggies etc

LMN

ChristinaBeke
03-30-2008, 11:59 PM
You go Trudy on Posting and wanting the TICKER !

ChristinaBeke
03-31-2008, 12:05 AM
Trudy 2 More !! lol

ChristinaBeke
03-31-2008, 12:09 AM
Ok try posting agin with out it backing out !! ggrr...

Ok as for excerise.. Not yet, I did buy a Bally's Chin & Sit bar but not liking it.

I want to look into Lifestyle Fitness with a Family memeber this week.

I have Issues with my inner thighs and Belly I want to work on ! :woops::lifter::exercise::belly::ebike:

TrudyF
03-31-2008, 10:06 AM
Christina.. The amounts you eat is not very much.. Are you hungry? I am almost the same except 3 proteins, 3 fruit and 4 veg. I thought everyone had the same amounts.
I feel fat this morning.. My rings are tight. No wonder since I over ate yesterday.

Oh well, today is a new day and a new week. I can't stop living just because I am on a diet..

TrudyF
03-31-2008, 10:06 AM
Ok just one more post.. haha

TrudyF
03-31-2008, 10:46 AM
Well I have to wait for 30 days too. I guess I read it wrong about only 30 posts. Oh well...

JuliaDH
03-31-2008, 10:52 AM
I know what you mean about your rings Trudy. I have not been able to wear my wedding band for almost a year. I can't wait to get it on again!:flow2:

JuliaDH
03-31-2008, 11:00 AM
Christine My plan is QL +2
4 proteins (back to 3 when under 300lbs)
2 starches
3 fruits
5 veggies (back to 4 when under 300lbs)
1 dairy
2 fats
1 free ex

I am on 2WH2000 & 1Chromium 30-60min before eating and my multi vit.
Why do you take b6,12 daily?

TrudyF
03-31-2008, 01:33 PM
Just trying this out

TrudyF
03-31-2008, 01:34 PM
Yay.. It worked...

JuliaDH
03-31-2008, 03:09 PM
No change for WI today! I would consider that a good thing for all my worries about dinner Sat night!:goodvibes

ChristinaBeke
03-31-2008, 06:03 PM
Christina.. The amounts you eat is not very much.. Are you hungry? I am almost the same except 3 proteins, 3 fruit and 4 veg. I thought everyone had the same amounts.
I feel fat this morning.. My rings are tight. No wonder since I over ate yesterday.

Oh well, today is a new day and a new week. I can't stop living just because I am on a diet..

Trudy Yahoo on your Ticker !! :carrot:

I'm not feeling hungry. Sometimes I can even finish my food.Now that I have been on HM for a month. I was told when you over 220lbs you your eating allowance is higher till you get to another weight and depends also on your Medical condition. Well I know what I mean feeling Shinny & Phat* somedays.:hug:

Christine My plan is QL +2
4 proteins (back to 3 when under 300lbs)
2 starches
3 fruits
5 veggies (back to 4 when under 300lbs)
1 dairy
2 fats
1 free ex

I am on 2WH2000 & 1Chromium 30-60min before eating and my multi vit.
Why do you take b6,12 daily?

You on QL +2 ~ what'z that ?

The B6,12 that I take is something for more Engery & Water Retention
I take 3 a day for that. It's what you'll take at the center on Fridays once a week.

ChristinaBeke
03-31-2008, 06:07 PM
Ok Now for my WI :( +1lb but thats ok I had a stressful weekend and that will hold water on ya. (they told me)

So my goal for Wed WI & Measure is -5inch and down to 172lb for my Gaol.. hehe * Wishful thinking* :dizzy:

JuliaDH
03-31-2008, 08:47 PM
Hey ya Chirstine

sorry QL +2 = Quick Loss Plus 2

To solve the problem about worrying about not rationing portions properly, Councellor told me to plan dinner 1st then work backwards! Seems so logical and simple!:D

TrudyF
03-31-2008, 10:53 PM
Christina I didn't know that stress will hold water.. Thats really interesting.

ChristinaBeke
03-31-2008, 10:53 PM
Hey ya ChirstinA

sorry QL +2 = Quick Loss Plus 2

To solve the problem about worrying about not rationing portions properly, Councellor told me to plan dinner 1st then work backwards! Seems so logical and simple!:D

Humm ya I did that first when I was on the first Plan of my own proper chioces.

and I see you have your From Ont also Where are ya ?

TrudyF
03-31-2008, 10:54 PM
Julia Good for you by staying the same.. Probably you would of been down but I think they use a lot of salt in their food. Most restaurants do.

I always think at least its off and not back on. My weight goes up and down a lot by a few pounds either way.

TrudyF
03-31-2008, 10:56 PM
I didn't go in today.. Tomorrow for sure. I did however stick with my plan and ate good. Hopefully I can be down tomorrow or at least no gain..

I love my ticker.. Hehehe.

ChristinaBeke
03-31-2008, 10:57 PM
Good Evening Trudy !!

Ya I was told that Crappy feeling & Emotional stress can do that.

JuliaDH
03-31-2008, 11:07 PM
Today was my totally first cheat free day!

Christine - I am in Kitchener. My hubby is a truck driver and is in Windor alot. What do you think if the new border construction?

Hey hopefully this is not TMI but have you girls noticed any change in urine colour (mine is paler) and regularity?

ChristinaBeke
03-31-2008, 11:17 PM
Today was my totally first cheat free day!

Christine - I am in Kitchener. My hubby is a truck driver and is in Windor alot. What do you think if the new border construction?

Hey hopefully this is not TMI but have you girls noticed any change in urine colour (mine is paler) and regularity?

Hum Is it at the Bridge? or Tunnel ? Haven seen or heard anything about it !
and mine has changed to Pale in colour too for I think I'm getting al the water I should.

As for your Urine.. (http://www.school-for-champions.com/health/urine_color.htm)

Abnormal colors
Since the normal color of urine is pale yellow, variations can be an indication of health problems or be the result of certain foods that have been eaten.

Clear urine
If a person has been drinking an excess of water or diuretics such as coffee or beer, the urine may have little or no color. Typically, it is nothing to worry about if it happens occasionally.

Yellow urine
Excess sweating could result in the urine becoming a deeper yellow. Also, it is a sign that you have not been drinking enough liquids

Dark yellow urine
Liver problems or jaundice can cause the urine to become consistently a dark yellow color. Be sure you have been drinking enough fluids before jumping to conclusions.

TrudyF
04-01-2008, 09:11 AM
I think the paler urine is from more water intake.. And about the regularity, well when I first started it seemed I was going everyday right on schedule but now its more like every other day.

I do however find myself having more gas. Nice eh? Hehe.

JuliaDH
04-01-2008, 02:43 PM
Don't know where the construction is apparently huge cranes are being set up this week.

Thanks for the info on urine!

WI today -4 total loss since joining last week!:carrot:

ChristinaBeke
04-01-2008, 05:05 PM
WI today -4 total loss since joining last week!:carrot:

GREAT JOB ! :broc: :carrot:

JuliaDH
04-02-2008, 09:24 AM
yahoo! Yesterday was another cheat free day!

ChristinaBeke
04-02-2008, 01:15 PM
:carrot: Well WI went GREAT !! -5lbs & -7inches Off today !! :carrot:

15Lbs & 30.5 Inches off Total
I'm 5lbs ahead off schedule

Hey Ladies anyone Else go for WI & Measurements ??

ChristinaBeke
04-02-2008, 01:34 PM
I cant wait to fit into my MH Dress for my sisters Wedding
I was Size 18 and the dress maker ordered me a 20 and I just got myself into a size 14 streach jeans today I tryed on at walmart. !! Hehe gotta love 31.5inches off ! * Boobs are disappearing too * DH not liking it..lol I took him I'll get a Boob Job ...hehe

JuliaDH
04-02-2008, 04:31 PM
Awesome Job Christina! :trampo:

I just got back from my WI and I am down a total 7 lbs in my first week!:trampo:

TrudyF
04-02-2008, 09:34 PM
Wow Christina and Julia those are really great loses.. You guys are an inspiration.
I weighed in yesterday and was up 2lbs.. Very disapointing but I could feel I was up... I am struggling to stay on plan yesterday and today but doing ok.
I was going to go in today too but got too busy with book work and my daughter coming over.

I am hoping to be down tomorrow at least the 2 I gained. I probably should get off my butt and get moving around like walks or the eliptical again.

TrudyF
04-02-2008, 09:35 PM
Does anyone find this site REALLY slow and hard to get on to? Maybe it just me..

JuliaDH
04-03-2008, 12:02 AM
You can do it Trudy! We all have our good and challenging days. If you have dial up it will be longer to load page as there are tons of details.

ChristinaBeke
04-03-2008, 08:49 AM
No trudy not here. I hace DSl connection.
Hugs you can do it. We are all here for ya. You know your center you go to is there for you too. Mine told me to Call anytime I was having a hard time or Just Questions. :hug:

TrudyF
04-03-2008, 10:24 AM
Thanks, you guys.. It good to have a support group of people that know what you're going through and how hard it really is..
Some days its so much easier than others.

Hope you all have a good weigh in today if you go. I am going in about an hour so we shall see.

ashleymorgan
04-03-2008, 11:32 AM
HI Ladies!

Great success for all! I'm sorry I'm not on here much. I'm really busy with work and don't have a computer at home.

Christina way to go on the new jeans! I'm in need of some new clothing too as I've lost two inches just in my boobs! My shirts don't fit anymore lke they used to.

Went for my weigh in yesterday and I'm down to 178.25 a total loss of 13.75lbs in 4 weeks! I can't believe it! Inches loss was 3.25 to a total of 12.5.

I'm loving it! My man and I are heading to a Juno party on Saturday night so we are in need of some new hot oufits.

Take care ladies!!! Keep up the lost pounds & inches.

Feeling good & looking great!

Ashley

JuliaDH
04-03-2008, 03:49 PM
Week one of weigh ins is done and now starting week two. Today I am down a total of 9.25 lbs!

I am so excited to be close meeting my first minii goal! As one of the other threads discusses 10lbs at a time. I just have to do it oh what 15-17 times LOL

TrudyF
04-03-2008, 04:04 PM
Hey Ashley.. Good to "see" ya. Thats a great weight loss and have fun at the party this weekend. It sounds like it gonna be a lot of fun.

Well I did go in and I lost the 2lbs I gained plus .2 more.. Haha.. So for this week I am down .2 lbs.. Whoooopeee.. Oh well at least its down and not up. Hopefully I will do better next week. Next Thursday will be my 2 months on program..

TrudyF
04-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Yay Julia.. 9.25 lbs in one week!!!! That is fantastic. You must be proud.

ChristinaBeke
04-04-2008, 09:51 AM
Julia 9.5lbs You go girl ! :carrot:

Trudy.. I had a 3weeks that I was on a stand still up & down waiting for AF to come and I was up .5 and down .5 somedays.

Ashley178.25 a total loss of 13.75lbs in 4 weeks! I can't believe it! Inches loss was 3.25 to a total of 12.5..... Great JOB ! :carrot:

Well I go in for WI today and my home scale shows 171. SO that should be -2more on theres. lol

I didn't tell ya the Funny story behind Wed WI's & MM. I got down to my Bra & Undies to get weight in. I was 173 at home and I and my goal was 172lbs for WI and I was not going to take 174 for my week. SO I told the lady(sara) I wanted to get wi in my Undies and bra and she reweight me ..lol
Yup the scale showed 171.2lbs.. lol :carrot:

l'll let ya know later what I am... (169lbs)* hoping !!

JuliaDH
04-04-2008, 03:29 PM
Christina - How did weigh in go? I wouln't even dreams of getting that undressed in the centre! Its less private than a Dr. office! But you make me laugh picturing the look on your counsllors face!

Trudy - Good job! You can do it. If I can you can!

Ashley - Contgats on your weight loss. Have a great time at the Juno party!

No change for me today at the WI. But Monday better have rockn' results!:carrot:

ChristinaBeke
04-04-2008, 06:12 PM
WI went good today -1/2 lb down.(171.2) still good :cheer: .

Ya I today went in and changed this time into my tank top and boxers. and I feel better knowing I dont have jeans on that weigh 2lbs on to my weight. and I got to show off my Sz 14 jeans to the counsllor today she was Happy and exicted for me ! :woohoo::woohoo:

sehh
04-05-2008, 12:29 AM
Hi I am Sandy in Edmonton and have just started herbal magic on March 17. I am hoping I may join your blog and I am trying to find some online support to share a few ideas and recipes etc.
the diet thing in NOT a new conception for me. I yo yo so uch I am just sick and tired of it...

A little about myself:
Age 46
height5' 7''
Weight start 218
Mini Goal 195
by When June 4 (my daughters graduation)
Goal 160
sept 1--

I am married 24 years with a son who is 21 and a daughter who just turned 18. I have a 28 year old step daughter (step stressed only for vanity for my age) who has given us a wonderful grandson who is 3. I just love that little man and want to be around for a long time for him.

I started at 218 and current is 210.8. I am quite please with this number for 3 weeks. I have not really gone excesizing at all just walking my dog...but hope to change that next week. Well I am going to go a read back a few pages and hope to hear from someone soon..take care

ChristinaBeke
04-05-2008, 12:35 AM
:carrot: Welcome Sandy !

Here I have made a threading hoping for other HM Girls to find there way here. I'm christina33 married 13yrs this 04/08 and mom to Brodie 6 & Emily 2(04/10) I live in Windsor,Ont.
Lost 15lbs & 30inches from HM in 6wks. :carrot:

Congrats on you Weight loss . 218 and current is 210.8. in 3wks time. what kind of inches off ?

sehh
04-05-2008, 12:37 AM
I just posted something but I don't know were it went.....new to herbal magic

Sandy

ChristinaBeke
04-05-2008, 12:42 AM
I always do that too with... Previewing it and not submiting it.. please repost !

sehh
04-05-2008, 01:04 AM
Hi I am a loser--my son is home from work and helped me--I didn't realize it shows on the last page thought it showed past to present.....I actually have not been measured yet...this wednesday I will get my first numbers and I am kind of excited about it. I can sure feel it in my jeans...I don't feel like a stuffed sausage quite so much...

sehh
04-05-2008, 01:05 AM
well off to make mu lunch and then off to bed...I have to work tomorrow :(

JuliaDH
04-05-2008, 09:07 AM
:wave: Hi Sandi!

It is good to meet you! :D Hope we can all work together and make this journey more fun with some new girlfriends!

Congrats on your losses! :bravo: Have a good day at work.

Sassy Laurie
04-05-2008, 12:11 PM
Hi everyone, just signed up to this and have no idea what I am doing yet. Just jointed this thread...hope that was correct thing to do. Anyways, I have spent the last month analysing all the optiona, LA, Jenny, Nutri etc and I have decided to go with Herbal Magic.

The decider for me was, I still need to be the mom in our house and cook for my family. My husband and son could benefit from lighter cooking as well so it just seemed like a win.win.

I live in a very small community and have about a 45 min. drive from the Herbal Magic office so I will only be driving in twice a week...hope this works for me. Look forward to hearing from others and following our progress.

Sassy Laurie
317/264/199
:smug:

TrudyF
04-05-2008, 02:24 PM
Welcome to Sandy and Laurie.. Its great to see some new people in here..

I am Trudy. Married for 24 years to the same guy. LOL. 3 kids.
23yo married daughter and grand daughter that is 6 weeks..
21yo daughter lives in Toronto and 17 yo son still at home.
We live just outside of Alliston ONtario.

Christina: I laughed when I read about you taking your clothes off to weigh.. I have also thought about it.. Hahaha. I do take off my sweater and go in a tank.

Well not much news in my weigh as of today.. I was going to go in today but ran out of time since they are only open till noon.. Hopefully Monday the scale gods will be good to me..
Sandy: I love the feeling of loose jeans.. Its the best.

HAve a great weekend girls, its really nice out today warm and sunny.. I love it.

TrudyF
04-05-2008, 02:25 PM
So christina how did you get past that stall you had a couple of weeks ago?.. I feel like I am bouncing around the same couple of pounds for a while now.

ChristinaBeke
04-05-2008, 05:18 PM
Welcome Laurie and Happy you found our Little HM thread !:carrot:
Wow a 45min drive. I cant see why it wouldn't work on only driving in 2xwk.
it only on work on how the food change is doing with you ! I did the same ting analyzing all the programs out there and choose this one because I have 2 other friends right at work on this and they are doing Great !

Hum Trudy I was changed to the Chicken & Eggs,Greens Veggies Diet (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2114797&postcount=29)by the Councillors
at the center.
It took me a few weeks to get over the Bump I was stuck at for 2.5wks but that took me a few to get there. I had changed my diet before going to HM and took off 5lbs(water) So I was already staring my weigh lose area.

JuliaDH
04-05-2008, 06:02 PM
:welcome:Laurie!

I made the choice to go Herbal Magic for the same reasons.

I do find it takes alittle more time to convert the recipies to feed the 5 of us. But so far everyone has liked everything.

But after being afraid for a few days about running out of portions. I realized how much food it really is and now am having a hard time getting it all in. I also learned that it actually takes time to eat health. Have to schedule the day more carefully. Since I really never took time to each bfast or lunch. But dinner and snacking lots after the kids went to bed!

Have a great weekend!

TrudyF
04-06-2008, 10:59 AM
Morning All...

Julia - My biggest down fall was snacking after supper.. Also around 4 pm too.
The 4pm snack time I changed to coffee and usually an orange. But I still struggle with the after dinner snacking.. I find if I have cottage cheese mixed with pinapple (really good) keeps me full and snack-free till bedtime. My couselors told me that they are working on a new menu that includes the "100
calorie" packs of snacks.. Cookies etc. For 1 free exchange. I tried one and they are good and with a coffee keeps you from eating a whole bag of cookies.

TrudyF
04-06-2008, 11:01 AM
Christina- Do you find it hard to stick with just the chicken, eggs and green veg diet? There is not much selection.

ChristinaBeke
04-06-2008, 11:06 AM
Hum not really.

I save my Free Exchange for like 3C of no salt no or Low Butter Popcorn and add Cinnamon on it for my Late night snack.

JuliaDH
04-06-2008, 11:29 AM
I keep forgetting to ask when I am in the centre. The book says 3cup of unsalted microwave popcorn. Does it have to be? Can it be air pop?

Sassy Laurie
04-06-2008, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the great welcome. Sorry for all the typos not used to the laptop thing yet.

Well I am officially enrolled now in the program. I have updated my profile with the start weight etc. I am sure I will be spending the day making meal plans/lists and then shopping so I can get started on this tomorrow, I am very excited. Also a little shocked they have set my goal being reached Feb/09! Wow.:carrot:

I am sure 175 will not be skinny yet, but it is a huge difference from where I have been my entire life. In fact I don't even remember how old I was last time I weighed 175. I am pretty certain it was like 12 or 13.

I will try to keep you all updated on this! Take care and hope you have a great week!

Laurie

ChristinaBeke
04-06-2008, 12:41 PM
Do any of you's have a Good Scales like for your Weighing your Food and for your weight?

I do !

I have a Starfrit (http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogSearchResultView?D=949796&Ntt=949796&catalogId=10051&langId=-15&storeId=10051&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntx=mode+matchall&recN=0&N=0&Ntk=P_PartNumber) scale for my food, I Use faith every Meal.
Bought at Zellers 12.48 Clearnce and Homehard Ware is 19.99 reg price.

and I a Health O Meter (http://www.healthometer.com/ProductDetail.aspx?id=2862&cid=278)weight scale. PD 54.97 for it !

I'm I Crazy for What ?

ChristinaBeke
04-06-2008, 12:43 PM
I keep forgetting to ask when I am in the centre. The book says 3cup of unsalted microwave popcorn. Does it have to be? Can it be air pop?

I'm Sure it can be Air poped.. I would think Maybe better for ya too !

ChristinaBeke
04-06-2008, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the great welcome. Sorry for all the typos not used to the laptop thing yet.

Well I am officially enrolled now in the program. I have updated my profile with the start weight etc. I am sure I will be spending the day making meal plans/lists and then shopping so I can get started on this tomorrow, I am very excited. Also a little shocked they have set my goal being reached Feb/09! Wow.:carrot:

I am sure 175 will not be skinny yet, but it is a huge difference from where I have been my entire life. In fact I don't even remember how old I was last time I weighed 175. I am pretty certain it was like 12 or 13.

I will try to keep you all updated on this! Take care and hope you have a great week!

Laurie

Hey Laurie :hug:
175 is what they believe you'l be at in feb/09 .. Good.
I will be here to Listen and chatt with you all the Way ! :carrot:
Any Questions we are just a Type away !

Good Luck and think I'm doing it for Me,Me,Me !!*YOU*

ali22
04-06-2008, 10:22 PM
Hey Everyone,
I'm new to the site, and I am looking for a diet plan to start this week, I want to loose 20-25 pounds, and then do some kind of maintenance program.
I have done weight watchers in the past, but I have never actually signed up, I just use my moms old books to count points. it works pretty good for me for about 2 weeks and then I just can't do it anymore.
I'm wondering if you guys have any advice about Herbal Magic? What do you like about it? How fast does the weight come off?
Also, is there a lot of meat involved? I am a vegetarian. I'm going this week for a consultation but I wanted to hear some real perspectives as well.
thanks so much!

Jniniffer
04-07-2008, 03:07 AM
Hello! First off I would like to say GREAT JOB! to all you ladies!

My name is Jenn and I am 25 years old.. I have been on HM since May 1/07

height? 5'4''
Weight? 201 (current)
Mini Goal? 199!
by When? ASAP! LOL
Goal? 145-150
By when? Sept 1/08

Since November I have struggled with things.. from different birth control pills, to trying different foods. My body has lost so much weight I think it was in shock! I started platoria food plan and product on Friday and have alreadly lost 3lbs. I can't wait to step on the scale tomorrow!!

ChristinaBeke
04-07-2008, 08:20 AM
Morning and Welcome Alli and Jen !

Will br back after work to post more !!

Sorry Running Late !

JuliaDH
04-07-2008, 04:36 PM
Hi Gal's,

Anyone else go for WI today?
Lost one more 1/2 lb. Apparently that is good for after a weekend. Counsellor said most people come in up a little over the weekend.
Looking forward to hearing about your scale or NSV success !

prepping
04-07-2008, 05:58 PM
Hello Ladies! I stumbled across this forum when I was looking for inspirational little stories of people who have used Herbal Magic so I can feel the warm fuzzies of being on a program that works and seeing other peoples successes. What I've read so far has left a smile on my face and I have to say that all you ladies are doing a wonderful job!

My story is pretty quick and simple I suppose. Getting married next year, but want to be slimmed down by this summer in time for bikini season. I'm 6 ft. and 184 lb with the stated goal of 160 lb by mid June and a secret goal of 155lb - but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. : ) Started Herbal Magic routine on Thursday and have dropped exactly 4 pounds through exercise and of course proper food portioning.

I have to admit that it's quite the learning process at the moment figuring out how much of what kind of food I need to plan each day, but seeing the scale is instant gratification that is definately very motivating! I look forward to being able to contribute my own little successes and maybe give off some warm fuzzies of my own.

Plus I have to say that I kinda like the little slidebar and wanted one of my own. : )

JuliaDH
04-07-2008, 06:14 PM
Hello Ali,22 Jniniffer & PreppingBride

It is wonderful to have you join us. I am having fun daily striving to reach my goals. Just planning each meal is a mini victory! An it is much more fullfiling than regretting and feeling guility for any consumption of bad choices.

I am looking forward to getting to know you all better.

TrudyF
04-07-2008, 07:45 PM
Hey WOW lots of new people.. Thats great!!!

Welcome to Ali22, Jenn (easier spelling LOL) and Preppingbride (6' tall me too) Hehe..

THis little thread has sure grown in a little time..

I went for weigh in today and stayed the same.. Which is ok since I am usually up after the weekend. I am hoping to loose 3lbs this week. I know I can do it..

Julia about the popcorn, my cousellor told me if you use air popped you can have 5 cups I think.. Probably best to ask just to be sure though. I find 3 cups is just like nothing and not even worth it.

Preppingbride: to get the ticker at the bottom of our posts you have to have 30 or more posts. I love them too..Very cute.

Christina: I just have the food scale they gave me.. Seems to work fine but my weight scale seems to weigh in higher than theirs. Oh well..

ChristinaBeke
04-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Hi Gal's,

Anyone else go for WI today?
Lost one more 1/2 lb. Apparently that is good for after a weekend. Counsellor said most people come in up a little over the weekend.
Looking forward to hearing about your scale or NSV success !

Good Stuff Julie. :carrot:
I weighted in at up half lb(176.) but moving my ticker backwards lol
... Uppers i'm one of those poeple this weekend. :dizzy:

Well I can wait for Measurements on Wed & WI !

Welcome Preppingbride

Nice to See Many New Faces here and to see a Great thread of support we have here :hug:

JuliaDH
04-08-2008, 02:37 PM
No change for me today. But she said to stop wearing my jeans! But that is all I have right now. Maybe I will have to pull a Christina and remove a few items! LOL

ChristinaBeke
04-08-2008, 09:03 PM
I'm feeling Phat today! lol that's because I have a AF coming in the next week. :('

but on the good side is I Did my First YOGA class last night and it was Great :yoga:
Next I want to try a :belly: Class Next !!
Getting a LiftStyle Memebership next week.

Aww Trudy it's funny to you they said to say Stop wearing your jeans in, Like I do now . truly a better way to weight your self !

Will update WI &MM tomorrow !~!

sehh
04-09-2008, 01:11 AM
Hi Ladies!! Welcome to all the newcomers. it is really nice to see so many new people joining the thread. I think it is great that everyone is showing good number but don't forget it not only about the number! Little things like drinking your water or getting in all the veggies are also great successes. So enough of the lecturing....LOL I will be honest you will probably only hear from me once or twice a week at the most as I work on a computer all day at work the last thing I want to do is sit on it at home too!!

I weighed in On Monday and I was down .8 for a total of 8.8. I have been walking my dog and I started back at curve again today. So I am hoping to see some good numbers in the next month.

Popcorn is my savior on the weekend. I crave salt something awful so I will have micro popcorn (I know the salt) but i think it is way better than eating a bag of chips on my own. I actually joined with a friend of mine but she really has not been back since the first week. It is such an awesome program and I find it quite easy to follow most of the time.

I find if I keep it simple then it is not crazy to try and plan everything. Cereal for breakkie and wrap for lunch, or a chicken salad etc..... and my family eats what I eat...I tell them I do not run a restauant!

Regarding the vegetarian diet--my councellor is a vegan as she has food issues (not sure of details yet) and can not eat an animal products I guess she was very ill and almost died and she does the tofu thing pretty much all the time lots of scrambles...she says it fits in nicely so I guess it is possible.

Well ladies have an awesome week and I will try and get back on Friday to catch up with everyone---I am hoping she will measure me this week-I don't know if it is a monthly or a weekly thing getting measured??? anyone know?

Have a good one!!

Sandy

JuliaDH
04-09-2008, 08:33 AM
I know that there is no exercise built into the plan. :exercise: But I have been working on walking, 15 min workout for dumbies, and Richard Simmons. But I have committed to a min 30 min per day. I would love to join a gym. But they don't have child care services when I need them. Oh well just one more yer until my last one is in school full time.:)

prepping
04-09-2008, 11:23 AM
Thank you for all the welcomes all!!! I've hit my own little milestone today -- I'm under the "180" mark at 179.4 lb for a total loss of 5 lb since Thursday when I started. Clothes are starting to fit just a little looser. I took the idea of no exercise needed and threw it out the window. I figure that it definately doesn't hurt to put in that 30 min a day so why not? I want to feel good on the inside and that'll just tighten everything up all the faster on the outside. It's an excellent feeling!:carrot: Got some treadmill action going and Billy Blanks Bootcamp at the moment.
Yesterday was a MAJOR battle of will. Had two meetings that took up the whole day and my goodness food was just getting thrown at me! (Not literally - that would be rude);) BUT with all the timbits, bagels, gourmet cookies, full lunches, fruit, and cheese & crackers being in front of me all day I just kept on going back for more water and feeling proud that I wasn't going to buckle under pressure. Did I mention they topped it off with free cocktails after everything was over?! I'm telling ya, it was like a kick in the teeth. LOL
I just made sure I saved my free extra for a 4oz glass of red wine in the hot tub after dinner - and it was absolutely marvelous!

I was wondering about the measurements too -- are they once a week?

JuliaDH
04-09-2008, 11:37 AM
I asked that question yesterday. Apparently they measure every wed at my centre. Don't know if it is different at other locations.

JuliaDH
04-09-2008, 03:27 PM
:carrot:Ok WI today was awesome! A total of 11.5 lbs gone and with that 8 inches!:carrot:

TrudyF
04-09-2008, 03:45 PM
Wow you guys are doing great!!!

Its so nice to see all these wonderful losses. I think I might need to add exercise to my day.. THese pounds are just coming off VERY slow.

I weighed in today and I am down 1lb.. I was hoping for 3 this week since my last couple of weeks there was nothing. Anyhoo my 2 month weigh in is tomorrow so maybe I can drop another by then. I was hoping to get to 20lbs by 2 months.

I only get measured once per month and I have to ask to get it done. Not sure about everyone else. I think once a month is ok though since the measurements are very small changes.

Well, hope everyone has a "lots of pounds off week"

TrudyF
04-09-2008, 03:53 PM
Christina - Belly dancing?? Wow.. You are braver than me.. Sounds like fun.

Preppingbride - Good for you for turning down all those yummy treats. Hopefully the scale will treat you for it.

Julia - Your weigh in was wonderful. Keep on doin' what your doin'

Hiya Sandy from Edmonton.. Good to seeya dropping in.

JuliaDH
04-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Trudy a 1 lb loss is great! That is a good reason to paint your toes. And you still have the other 1/2 of the week to drop 1 more! Keep taking your water and watch those labels for sodium. I noticed that the frozen chicken breasts I bought are high in sodium which is why I did not lose much for a bit last week. I never imagined that they would put that much in just to freeze them.

sehh
04-10-2008, 01:24 AM
HI everyone well after saying I won't be on till friday or saturday here I am. I am excited! I wi today and was down 2.0 since monday!!! Wed is measure day (not sure why I have not been done yet but...) 10 1/2 " since March 17.

I found some old films that I had developed from about 3-4 yrs ago and there is one pic of me and omg I look about 5' tall and 5' wide...no one that saw if thought it was me....yup never wearing that outfit EVER EVER again!!

keep up the good work-any loss is a good loss....

prepping
04-10-2008, 12:27 PM
That's a good point about the sodium. I think I'll have to read into my labels just a little bit more. I'm eating all fresh food on the most part so it shouldn't be so bad but I should look at the seasonings that I'm using on chicken and whatnot. And maybe I should switch up my free extra to something other than SmartPop popcorn. *le sigh*

As for measurements, I'm looking forward to see what kind of effects have happened this past week. When the weight loss starts slowing down a bit - which I'm sure it will - then I'd likely be happy to measure maybe once every couple weeks to once a month.

Sehh: Oh ya I've had those moments with pictures. That's where you go to your closet, take that outfit out right now and put it in the goodwill bag. Because it doesn't matter how much weight comes off if you don't feel good in what you're wearing. On another note, 2lb in just 2 days is amazing!

prepping
04-10-2008, 12:42 PM
Oh! I was enlightened yesterday on how to eat certain foods without using a starch serving for them. This may be common knowledge but I suggest that anyone who hasn't tried it yet, give it a go.

Turkey wrap: take a few leaves of iceburg lettuce (or other suitable lettuce) that you believe equate to 1/2 a cup (1/2 serving of veggies), stack them on themselves, put a tsp of mayonnaise (1 fat) in a line, place 3 turkey slices (1/2 protein) on line, roll lettuce up around turkey. I hardly missed the tortilla wrap that I normally use. In fact, I'm doing it again today.
Taco salad: I had skipped the starch at lunch specifically so I could have a taco at night but found that I had 1/2 serving of protein and 1 veggie left so I combined lettuce, tomato, and the left over meat and ate it like a salad. It was great! (btw, I use ground chicken rather than ground beef. by far the best taco maker ever)

Like I said, this may be common knowledge but I thought I'd mention it anyway. I've heard of similar before but never actually tried it until now.

Jniniffer
04-10-2008, 12:49 PM
Great job ladies!! At my center we do measurements every Wednesday. So the platoria I am on seems to be working!! we'll see what the scale says when I go weigh in today (they don't open until 10am). I just can't wait to see a one on the scale. I don't think I have been under 200lbs since middle school! Plus once I hit 200lbs that will be 130lbs GONE! can you believe it?!?! I'll let you ladies know how it goes!!! :carrot:

Jniniffer
04-10-2008, 02:33 PM
Guess what ladies?!?!?! The scale said 200lbs!!!! WOO HOO! one more lb until ONDERLAND!!!!!!

prepping
04-10-2008, 03:10 PM
Congratulations Jenn!!!! That's amazing news! You've done an excellent job!

I raise my glass of water to you! :D

JuliaDH
04-10-2008, 05:06 PM
Jenn - That is awesome! Have you done HM for all of your weight loss? How long has it taken you?

I feel sort of out of place today. It is my first day not going into the centre since signing up. I kinda like going in each day. It is so close (5 min drive) that It is not a inconveinence. hmm But I dont want the centre to be my security blanket either.

TrudyF
04-10-2008, 08:43 PM
Yay Jenn!!! That IS really awesome. You have lost so much weight and are doing great. Congratulations.

Julia - I felt the same way when I missed my Friday weigh in.. It was very strange to go 4 days with out weighing in.

Preppingbride - THanks for the info on the starch free meals.. Its always nice to get new ideas on what to eat.

Well I lost another lb today but was .8 lbs shy of my 20lb mini goal.. I had hoped by 2 months to loose 20.. Oh well I am almost there.. Such a tiny number but it means so much.. Crazy

Jniniffer
04-11-2008, 11:34 AM
Julia- I started HM May 1/07 so almost a year ago! I can't wait to be done! hahaha!

Thanks everyone!

prepping
04-11-2008, 12:57 PM
Was stalled yesterday - no change. But today was down 2 lb. :)

22 more baby steps to go...

JuliaDH
04-11-2008, 04:25 PM
Prepping Bride - Good job. Every step forward is a step in the right direction.

I had no change in the scales today! Will work hard on the weekend to have a drop!

TrudyF
04-12-2008, 09:51 AM
Morning Girlies.

Kinda quiet in here since yesterday...
I haven't been into the centre since Thursday and I might go in today or I might just wait till Monday..

We are going to another 50th birthday party tonight and there will be lots of food and drinking. Food is not too big of an issue but the drinking is.. I usually drink once a week and it hasn't really slowed down my weight loss but maybe I could lose faster if I stopped.
But I am not stopping cause that is what we do.. Haha.

Jenn - Has it been hard to stick with this diet for that long of time? I think when you get down to a comfortable weight its hard to keep going till your goal.. That has been my experience anyway.. I really admire you for losing that much and sticking with it for so long.. Not many people can do what you have done. Do you have any pics you would like to share?

Prepping bride - Only 22 lbs left.... Yay.. Thats not much and you can do it..

Julia - Do you go in on Saturdays? Hope you have a big drop on the scales on Monday. Sometimes it hangs on and then you get a big drop of lbs a few days later.

Hey Christina - where are you??????

TrudyF
04-12-2008, 10:21 AM
Think I'll go look around this site.. I have never really have yet.

JuliaDH
04-12-2008, 05:51 PM
Hi Trudy! No I have not gone in on a Sat yet. But I may consider it if my weekends are as stressed and crazy as this one! It might keep me more op.
TOM is coming this week there4 I am bracing myself for no loss on Monday. But who knows eh?

TrudyF
04-13-2008, 09:36 PM
Crap I just ate about 8 biscuits.. The arrow root kind.. I hate that when I can't stop.. I hope it doesn't mess up my weight loss..

Have a good Sunday Girls.

Jniniffer
04-13-2008, 10:35 PM
Hey ladies! It really is starting to get difficult and very frusterating! I have 50lbs to go and it feels like I and never going to there. All I can do is keep on trying right? here is my most recent pics... its a progress one. First pic starting on the left is 20lbs lost.. then 70lbs lost.. then 110lbs lost then 130lbs lost ;)

http://photos-e.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v239/220/120/635285505/n635285505_2746876_3516.jpg

JuliaDH
04-14-2008, 11:12 AM
Hey Jenn!

I have faith in you! If you have come this far. You can do the rest! Maybe pick up an aqua fit class? Apparently that plateau stuff works. Dont know much about it. You look beautiful and I like the haircuts too!:hug:

JuliaDH
04-14-2008, 11:14 AM
I had a slice of pizza last night Trudy...hmmm For me its TOM and I did not feel like cooking. But I am proud that I only had 1.

TrudyF
04-14-2008, 07:36 PM
Jenn You look great!!!! Even though it must be hard sticking with this right now you will be so happy when you do.. A feeling of freedom I think.

I love those side by side shots.. You can really see the difference.

Hey Julia.. I am proud of you too.. Pizza is a big downfall for me.. I just LOVE it and would find it really hard to stop at one slice.

I still haven't gone into the centre yet.. Bad me.. Today I was really busy so I will go in tomorrow.

good eating today..

ChristinaBeke
04-14-2008, 08:54 PM
Hi Ladies I have been on the Hide out ..:goodscale:dust:... I Didnt like the way my weigh in went last week. I know staying at my 171lbs Since 04/04 and My inches went down 1 1/2 but the result IDidnt wanted to hear. I was more on the line thought I Had 5inch. I took measurements at home the Wed last and that wed I went in.

WOW Jen... GREAT Body changed you have made. :hug:

I had a busy weekened with my Daughter Emily 2birthday ~

thanks Trudy for missing me ! Hehe !

I'm also on the Hunt for Pictures of me to share. I have one I can share when I First started HM.
186lbs http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p2/Yummie_Mommie/weight%20loss%20ticker/192-186lbs.jpg
and will take a resent Pic in the next week .

JuliaDH
04-14-2008, 11:01 PM
Dispite my worries. I was still down 1.5 lbs today for a grand total of 13 in almost 3 weeks.

Remember Christina inches do count as a success. They are every bit as important as poundage!

ChristinaBeke
04-15-2008, 08:26 AM
Dispite my worries. I was still down 1.5 lbs today for a grand total of 13 in almost 3 weeks.

Remember Christina inches do count as a success. They are every bit as important as poundage!

They do for me if I havent moved in lbs, my Inches do that week !

TrudyF
04-15-2008, 09:19 AM
Morning Girls..
Christina its good to "see" you. I know the feeling of not wanting to post when you feel your weight is at a stand still.. Sometimes your body just needs to adjust I think. I like your pic.

Julia - Dont ya love it when you think your not going to lose and then the scale says your down.. Thats great. Congrats.

I am going in this morning and see where I am. My scale at home is all over the place. One minute its high and then I get on again and its down about 3lbs. Crazy thing.
I will be back later to let you know how I do.. TOM is here now so I am not expecting too much..

prepping
04-15-2008, 11:48 AM
Hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend!!! :D I have to admit that I strayed off the plan on Sunday as my fiance and I went out to dinner for our anniversary but I tried to keep as close as possible. I ordered salad with grilled chicken but I'm sure the balsamic vinaigrette dressing tipped the calorie count along with the smartpop that I had while watching a movie with a glass of wine. When you know what you're "supposed" to be eating and drinking it can really have a grey cloud of guilt come over you afterwards. What the heck though, can't stop life completely....
I've lost 9 inches so far since I started 2.5 weeks ago. I am starting to notice a difference in the waist and hip area. Clothes that I purchased just recently are getting too loose so I'm starting to set them aside so that i can have them tailored when I reach my goal. Going to have a mighty bill when that time comes - my tailor is going to love me with all the suits and trousers I have to take in. :dizzy:
Looks like the HM plan works though girls! It's exciting! Because even though it feels like weight is coming off at a snails pace (the healthy way), it still feels good to know that changes are happening and we're getting somewhere!
On a side note, this TOM person you speak of (which I just figured out the meaning for recently. lol) is actually a great time to lose weight! It normally happens within the first few days of it starting when your body is getting rid of the bloated feeling. Just keep trucking through the wacky emotions and there's bound to be a difference. Positive thinking. ;)

Promise to self for the day: Get on the treadmill for 30 min and do ab workout

TrudyF
04-15-2008, 05:38 PM
Hahaha TOM person.. I love it.. ITs great that you stuck to the program even if you strayed a bit.. I figure if I'm not eating like I used to (fries, burgers etc.) then its all good. I eat salads and chicken and fruit now instead of those things. Good for you on the lost inches.

Well I am only down .2 lbs but I don't really care since I am eating good and feeling so much better. The scale is moving slowly but in the right direction. It didn't take me overnight to gain all this weight so I am happy with this.

TrudyF
04-15-2008, 05:42 PM
So now I am at the 20lb mark so I am happy.. Not bad for 2 mons on program. I also raked the yard today for about 1.5 hours.. It is so nice out there. I love spring but there is lots of yard work to be done. Seems my husband is just not into it.. Oh well good exercise.

JuliaDH
04-15-2008, 09:28 PM
Today I got my new bike. Oh my I love riding it! My old bike was a mountain bike heavy and I did not like being hunched over. Much easier to ride sitting up straight! Did a hour ride tonight!

Blew it today on a small bag of m & m's. Hopefully I can wash away the effects with water tonight LOL!

Cleaned off the balcony yesterday and will wash windows tomorrow. WI in the afternoon.

Have a great evening ladies!

barrlizzie
04-16-2008, 10:25 AM
Hello there - I am new to this page - but I started hm in october - kinda of at a stand still - need some new ideas to jump start things. You all seem to being doing very well. Thanks for any input

prepping
04-16-2008, 11:03 AM
Hi Barrlizzie! I hope we can pass on some good little motivation tidbits and ideas. Welcome :)

Julia, that sounds great about the bike! Reminds me that I should take mine off the wall in the garage! It's gorgeous weather to be riding... and raking the leaves.... and whatever you do as long as it's outside!

Trudy, 20 lbs in 2 months is fantastic! Just think of how long it takes to put on 20 lbs... 2 months is actually a pretty short time to reverse things! :carrot:

One problem that I have to recognize so far is that I apparently am awful at adding simple numbers... I keep finding that I've missed 1/2 a veggie here, 1/2 a protein there, etc. Gotta look into my numbers just a little closer.

TrudyF
04-17-2008, 01:33 PM
Welcome Barrlizzie.. Interesting name..

Julia Good for you with all the bike riding.. Thats great you got a new bike. Good incentive to get out there riding.

PreppingBride Get adding those numbers.. Don't want to lose out on extra food I always think.. LOL.

Well I am down another 2 lbs.. Yay.. Must be all the raking I did yesterday and the day before.. Maybe I should start an exercise program or something.. Sure beats sitting on your behind all day I guess...

prepping
04-17-2008, 02:36 PM
Does anyone notice their energy level increased since starting? I found that before I would get almost head-hit-the-keyboard kind of tired at work after lunch. Now I feel more energized and frankly happier.

maybe it's the cottage cheese talking. ;)

ChristinaBeke
04-17-2008, 03:31 PM
Welcome Barrlizzie another Newbie Soon. Cant wait to see you the Program if you deside to do the HM.

Trudy :carrot: on your 2lbs !! Wow No woinder your losing with all that YrdWork , Keep it up .

Julia : Kool that you got a New Bike, I think I would fall off one if I tryed ! :dizzy: that will be nice to go for those bike rides. I'm just waiting for my 6yr DS to learn to ride with out training wheel and Maybe I could get one !

Ashley : Where are ya ? We Miss ya !

preppingbride : You say :
One problem that I have to recognize so far is that I apparently am awful at adding simple numbers... I keep finding that I've missed 1/2 a veggie here, 1/2 a protein there, etc. Gotta look into my numbers just a little closer.

I was doing that too in the begaining but I'm glad I have that help at the centre from them to Over Look my book. It will come to youin time and them it will be real East.... KEEP Up the Good EATING ! :hungry: And the Other Big thing is to MEASURE EVERYTHING :mag: I DO !

Ok for Me was at 171 Since 04/05 and bump to 173 because I'm waiting for AF to show up and then it doesnt seen to to come SO this Passed Wed I werght in at 170lbs and -5.5inches.....:carrot:
So that a 16.5lbs (HM*Feb25) 22Lbs(NO More JunkFood*feb1)
and a BIG Tatal 37inches Lost ! :carrot:

I Cant Just Taste 169Lbs come Soon ! * Maybe Fri Wish me Luck.

TrudyF
04-17-2008, 05:31 PM
Preppingbride.. I seem to get more tired doing this.. It could be that my blood pressure is dropping because since I have lost weight I only take 1/2 of my pill everyday.. Maybe I can totally get off of them finally.

Christina... Good going for the 170 lbs. Oh how I wish I was there. I would be at my goal weight.. I know you can lose 1 lb by tomorrow and get out of the 70's. Soooo close. You finally broke your stall..

TrudyF
04-17-2008, 05:50 PM
I was wondering if any of you girls would post your daily menu..

I am kinda getting sick of the same old stuff every day and I am running out of ideas.. Thanks in advance.

My menu
Breakfast -
2 eggs Fried in Pam -1 pro
2 weight watchers bread toasted -1 starch

Lunch -
4 oz Chicken, beef or some kind of meat - 1 pro
2 cups salad - 2 veg
1 tbls of light salad dressing - 1 fat

Snack -
orange or apple - 1 fruit

Dinner -
4 oz of meat - 1 pro
potato - 1 starch
2 cups of veg - 2 veg
1 fat (butter) - 1 fat
orange or apple - 1 fruit

Snack -
100 cal pack of rice cakes or dorietos - 1 free exch
1/2 cup cottage cheese - 1 dairy
1/2 cup pinapple - 1 fruit

ChristinaBeke
04-18-2008, 12:56 AM
ok Trudy
This is What I would eat if I had what you can

*3 pro
*2 starch
*4 veg
*3 fruit
*1 dairy
*2 fat
*1 free exchange

Breakfast 1p,1S,1D

2egg cooked boiled, fryed with Pam
2 D. Bread
6oz Fat Free Yogart. ( 2 personal size one ok)=6.5ox

Snack Pick one

1 Orange, 1/2 grapefriut or Half a Bananna, or 1c Strawberries etc..

Lunch 1p,1Fat,1veg,1S

4 oz of White Tuna
1 tbp Mayo
.halfcup Lettuce
.25 onion
.25 tomaoto
2SLice D,Bread or 1/2 whole Wheat Pita
Pepper

Snack
1/2 grapefriut or Half a Bananna, or 1c Strawberries etc..

Dinner 1p,2.5veg,1fat

5oz of chicken Bone&Skinless From Oven (Add McCormicks No Salt Seasonings, Like Garlic & Herb Mix, or Herb Medley,or Citrus & Pepper Mix.) FOund at A&P 3.59Each
1.5cup Frozen Mix Veggies
1 tbp Margerine

Snack : Fruit

YOur choice.. from Book.

Free Exchange
3C Popcorn , No added Salt or Better

I hope this Helps , I hope I did this right for you !

ChristinaBeke
04-18-2008, 09:04 AM
ok on a Quick Am note I weight my self at home in the first 10mins of getting up and it say..... 169.8lbs.

So wish me luck on WI this morning at the centre !

TrudyF
04-18-2008, 09:28 AM
Hey thanks Christina.. That looks like a great menu.. Though I do find with only 3 cups of popcorn I find it really hard to stop plus it makes me more hungry for some reason. Strange.
Thanks for all your hard work.. I didn't mean for you to figure this all out. You sure measure everything don't you..
Do you find it hard not to be able to have mixed foods, like cassaroles or mac and cheese or such? Pasta you get only 1/2 cup.. Not really worth it. And rice only 1/4 cup.

I guess I am just whiney.. Haha. I felt really hungry yesterday and ended up eating protein before bed. My couselor told me if you have eaten all your choices then protein is the thing to eat when you are starving.

Oh congrats for getting into the 60's. That is sooo great.. Its funny what a little number can do for your mood for the day..

Hope you all have a nice day today.. Its going to be a beauty out there.

prepping
04-18-2008, 11:56 AM
Hi all! nothing big to report on the scale front. apparently gained 1 lb. I'm looking forward to weighing in 3 times a week rather than every day because it's just annoying how weight fluctuates. At least I'm not upset about gaining anymore because I know I'm doing everything right and it'll come off sometime.

My average menu looks something like this on a workday:
Breakfast
1/2 cup fibre rich cereal 1 starch
3 oz yogurt (stirred in cereal) 1/2 dairy

Snack
1 small apple 1 fruit

Lunch
1 tortilla (for wrap) 1 starch
3 slices deli meat 1/2 protein
1 slice processed cheese 1/2 dairy
1/2 cup lettuce (in wrap) 1/2 veggie
1/2 cup cucumber on side 1/2 veggie

Snack
1 kiwi 1 fruit

Dinner
5 oz chicken or salmon 1 protein
2 oz tofu 1/2 protein
1 cup worth of veggie for salad 1 veggie
1 portobello/spinach/etc 1 veggie

Free extra
3 cups smartpop or 4 oz red wine w/hot tub

I find that for dinner I am much more satisfied if my food choices cover the whole plate. I think it's a mental thing because I end up focusing on taking smaller bites, savouring just a little more, and it takes longer to eat so you feel more full by the end.

JuliaDH
04-18-2008, 01:20 PM
Hello Ladies.

My menu is very similar. For breakfast I usually have special k or cherrios. Salad with protein, dinner is usually a recipe out of the books or from the centre. My kids do like them. Have to double the recipe to feed us. But I still only have one portion. I juggle snacks to cover my bad urge time. Like cooking dinner. Save fruit to nibble on while cooking and Save extra for after kids go to bed. I like the protein bars as back up.

ChristinaBeke
04-18-2008, 01:49 PM
WI today !

:carrot: 169 , 169 :carrot: It was trying to to go 168.9 but blanaced at 169LBS :carrot: See I said I could just Taste that Weight... hehe!

ChristinaBeke
04-18-2008, 01:56 PM
Hey thanks Christina.. That looks like a great menu.. Though I do find with only 3 cups of popcorn I find it really hard to stop plus it makes me more hungry for some reason. Strange.
Thanks for all your hard work.. I didn't mean for you to figure this all out. You sure measure everything don't you..
Do you find it hard not to be able to have mixed foods, like cassaroles or mac and cheese or such? Pasta you get only 1/2 cup.. Not really worth it. And rice only 1/4 cup.

I guess I am just whiney.. Haha. I felt really hungry yesterday and ended up eating protein before bed. My couselor told me if you have eaten all your choices then protein is the thing to eat when you are starving.

Oh congrats for getting into the 60's. That is sooo great.. Its funny what a little number can do for your mood for the day..

Hope you all have a nice day today.. Its going to be a beauty out there.

Ya np. I really like having measure it make more aware. Now for the popcorn I get the "Orville Redenbachers Mini bags w/only 100cal in them and the Sodium is 6% & NO Sugar the mini Bag really hold little more then 3cups but I share the differ with my Kids.

Ya it's Beautiful Outside here and my House is 77inside..Ekkk Warm

Yahoo for me on the 169, thanks. I have mind setting goals everyweek and I TRY to meet them, But I sometimes DOnt and that ok too. It took time to Gain weight,It's going to take time to LOSE, RIGHT ?

ChristinaBeke
04-18-2008, 01:58 PM
Do any of you's have a Good Scales like for your Weighing your Food and for your weight?

I do !

I have a Starfrit (http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogSearchResultView?D=949796&Ntt=949796&catalogId=10051&langId=-15&storeId=10051&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntx=mode+matchall&recN=0&N=0&Ntk=P_PartNumber) scale for my food, I Use faith every Meal.
Bought at Zellers 12.48 Clearnce and Homehard Ware is 19.99 reg price.

and I a Health O Meter (http://www.healthometer.com/ProductDetail.aspx?id=2862&cid=278)weight scale. PD 54.97 for it !

I'm I Crazy for What ?

I Posted back little bit about this.... Anyone ?

Psss.. this Make our 200 reply on this Thread I think this is AWESOME !@!
Keep Posting Chickie's !

TrudyF
04-18-2008, 06:06 PM
I did reply to the scale post.. I only have the little scale they gave me. The only thing I usually weigh is my meat for lunch and dinner and sometimes I don't even weigh that.. Bad..

That is soooo great you got down to 169.. YOu are doing awesome!!!!!

Julia I like the protein bars too. ANd they really seem to fill me up which is strange since they are so small..

I didn't go in today.. So I am at the same weight..

ChristinaBeke
04-18-2008, 07:03 PM
Yes sorry trudy I didnt see your reply.. I think ops.;)

Ya the Protiens are are good and filling but I dont like that if I eat one with my Allowence I have to re think where I'm taking out that protien from next.
Since I can only have 2P:dizzy:

Ps I Joined the Lifesyle family fitness Centre today !! :carrot:
I'm going to be there Lots I hope, they even have childcare too.

TrudyF
04-19-2008, 01:56 PM
Christina You are going to be one hot mama... Thats great you joined a club.. I really need some exercise but I can't afford both a club and herbal magic.. I guess I will drag my bike out of the shed..

TrudyF
04-19-2008, 07:23 PM
Julia You said you use recipes from the centre. Do you have any that you think are very good and can share on here?

My centre doesn't give out recipes.. Well maybe I have to ask.

JuliaDH
04-19-2008, 07:41 PM
Congrats on the 169 for Christina! Great Job.

Scales did not move for me yesterday. But that is ok since TOM started finally!

Trudy - As for recipies... I will post them. Even the ones we didn't like. Everyones taste is different.

JuliaDH
04-19-2008, 07:46 PM
Fearless Chicken Fingers - yeilds 1 serving

4 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
1/2 cup cornflakes
1 large egg white
2 tbsp fat free salsa

Pre heat oven to 350F.
Cut chicken breasts into strips.
Finely crush corn flakes in a food processor.
Coat chicken strips in egg whites and then roll in corn flake crumbs. Arrange chicken stips on a non stick baking sheet and bake for 20-25 min. Serve with salsa for dipping.
One serving equals 1 protein, 1 starch, 1/2 free exchange.

JuliaDH
04-19-2008, 07:51 PM
Nacho Casserole

16 oz lean ground beef
8 tbsp fat - free salsa
4 oz shredded monterey jack cheese

Pre heat oven to 350F
Combine ground beef, salsa adn 1 oz cheese in a bowl. Transfer into a 1 quart casserole dish. Cover and bake for 20 min. Top with remaining cheese. Bake for an additional 10 min or until cheese is melted.

Serves 4
One serving equals 1 protein 1 dairy 1/2 free exchange

JuliaDH
04-19-2008, 07:56 PM
Sweet Potato Hash

16 oz ground beef, pork or chicken
2 cups chopped sweet potato (cubed)
1 cup chopped onion
1 tsp ground cumin
1 cup red pepper
1 cup green pepper
1-2 cloves chopped garlic

Cook gound meat in a large skillet and drain off excess fat.
Meanwhile, boil sweet potato until tender, about 4 min
Add onion and peppers to cooked meat and brown, add garlic and cumin
Drain cooked sweet potato and add to skillet with other ingredients
Cook together to combine flabours for about 5 min.

Serves 4
One serving is 1 protein & 2 veg

JuliaDH
04-19-2008, 07:56 PM
If I can find the chili one I will add it later.

ChristinaBeke
04-20-2008, 10:48 AM
Wow those sound Yummie !!

Hey guess what... my Home scale is now saying 168.8 and that means I'm only 1.5 away from my 20lb mark with HM... Hope it stay and maybe little less for Mon.

Wish me luck today, it will be hard I have to put on a Bridal Shower for my Sister today and there going to be lots of Yummie food there. I made Shepards Pie.

and as for my outfit I borrowed Cotten Ginny Pants are a sz13.. Wow. :carrot:

:carrot:......:carrot:

prepping
04-20-2008, 12:33 PM
I've already put those recipes into my week plan to mix things up a bit. Thanks so much for sharing Julie!!

And Christina, you're doing a fantastic job! I've found that after losing close to 6 lb in the first week (mostly water weight I assume), i only dropped one more pound this week. I'll have to focus on more exercise I think to kick start the scale a little bit.

Hope all of you are having a great relaxing weekend! gorgeous weather here.

TrudyF
04-20-2008, 01:13 PM
Hey thanks so much Julia.. It sure is nice to have some recipes for dinner. I am going to print those off.

Christina WOW size 13.. That must feel great.

Hi Prepping bride.

Does anyone else seem to over eat on the weekends? I did again Yesterday, but at least I stuck to HM foods and not burgers and fries like I used to.. On my scale at home I am up 5lbs.. Can you believe it??? ****. I know its just the salt but my weight changes overnight if I over indulge...Stupid scale.

TrudyF
04-20-2008, 01:19 PM
The sweet potato Hash.. Its says 1 pro and 2 veg. Is sweet potato considered a vegetable? I didn't know that.

JuliaDH
04-20-2008, 03:39 PM
Double checked the recipie. Yep its a veggie!

Jniniffer
04-20-2008, 03:57 PM
Hey guys! Update on me... this past week has been horrible!

Last Friday/Sat/Sun I was ill... not keeping much down etc. I was told not to take my platoria as well it wouldnt do my body any good if I couldn't keep it down!! Monday-Thursday I felt great and lost the weight I had GAINED when I was sick on the weekend! Then Friday morning I woke up with a DOUBLE ear infection! I have been off work ALL weekend. I didn't go into the center on Friday because I was so sick. They called and I swear they must think I'm lying about being sick or something :( *sigh* I just want these last 50lbs gone!!!!!! I need motivation!!!!

JuliaDH
04-20-2008, 06:30 PM
Jenn you can do it. Give your body a little time to heal. Once your done fighting infection you will feel great again and enjoy spring and being closer to your goal each day!

Girls found some more meal options at http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=224413.

Jniniffer
04-21-2008, 12:34 AM
Thanks Julia...I just hope they don't think I'm lying or cheating or whatever :( Guess I'll find out tomorrow when I check in!

ChristinaBeke
04-21-2008, 05:11 PM
Oh Jniniffer I hope your feeling better !

ChristinaBeke
04-21-2008, 05:27 PM
Ok I moved to 168.8 this morning , I was weighing that all weekend at home so I had a feeling it would stay, Now For Dear AF she has started to show her ugly face6day late this month again,SO I might be bloated for the week. I will see what it hold for me ! ;)

And tonight I start at the gym with a Tranier.. Cant wait. I asked for a waman to help me,and not a Guy :dizzy: lol

So the Big Q what for Dinner tonight Ladies ?

prepping
04-21-2008, 07:09 PM
Jenn, Sounds like you had a monster week. Just a cluster bomb of things testing your endurance! I hope you're feeling better soon! I'm sure the girls at HM will understand and not assume anything otherwise.

Christina, Bravo on a steady weekend! no gain is always a plus (that makes sense, i swear). Having a trainer at the gym is absolutely awesome. It's very much a love-hate relationship because they work you out harder then you think you can go but somehow you always make it through and are all the better for it. Try to take in as much info as possible about different workout routines and whatnot for when you're not using them anymore. I didn't take copies of routines when I was with one and i seriously regret it because I can only remember bits and pieces.

Personally I'm eating dinner at work because as a self-employed person this is my calling time to get a hold of clients. But, I'm having some lovely left over salmon with a side of yellow pepper slices, lettuce (was supposed to be a salad but forgot the red wine vinegar... and all the other veggies. oops) with a dessert of fresh fruit. I did a little butt-wiggle dance in my chair when I had my first bite. :D

btw, is "Dear AF" related to TOM??

ChristinaBeke
04-21-2008, 08:29 PM
The gym was interesting.. Haven't been in one in about 15yrs...lol
My trainer is great and she had a program made for me after we talked about what my goals are.

Now
22.01% body fat
37.15 Fat weight

Goal:
131.6 lbs Lean body mass

ya Aunt AF is the Same as TOM ! lol never thought of it that way .lol

Dinner for me is 2 Cup Broccoli, 2.5oz White Tuna, Apple cider vinagar ,Splenda, 2.oz mixed nuts.

sehh
04-21-2008, 10:38 PM
Hi boy it has been a long time since I have been in touch with you all. I am sorry to hear you were sick Jniniffer as I was also sick on the weekend. Stomach flu...not fun for sure...I know how you feel about the center thou...I did go and weigh in and I was down 4 but I sure heard it about eating canned soup...hello I am sicker that a dog...not about to make my own.....I hope you feel better...being sick will also make you retain quite a bit of water too..hang in there...your pics are amazing!!! you have come so far so don't quit we are here for you.

I got a grin out of the biking thing...We are currently under about a foot of snow in the last two days...yup I had my bike ready as well and looking forward to ride with my daughter but I guess a few more week before that will happen now. but one thing you can't change it the weather.

I was playing with my signature again & I think I lost it. Techie I am not...

The recipes are an awesome idea to share...give a bit of variety which is a nice change. I was trying on some old jeans that I was not able to wear forever and I can get them on and almost zipped up so it won't be long I hope. My daughter is graduating in June and I so want to be down at least another 10 lbs by then.......

ChristinaBeke
04-22-2008, 07:52 AM
Nice to see you Sandy. !!
You have been sick too that sucks. and Did you say Snow, wow.
We havent seen snow in a few weeks here.
Yahoo for trying on some old sz jeans, you'll be there in no time.

figureskater017
04-23-2008, 02:34 AM
At 17 i was 230 lbs...by the time i was 19 i was down to 135 lbs naturally.. I am now 25 and i have gained about 40 lbs i'm currently sitting at 5 foot 10 and 175lbs. I am incrediably active...i run, roadbike, play tennis, etc. I work so hard to never see physical changes in my body. I find it so hard to lose weight, i just need something to help me out. I would love to get somewhat of my old body back. I want to lose 20-30 lbs. DO you think herbal magic will work???????? how long will it tkae to lose 20-30 lbs

JuliaDH
04-23-2008, 08:35 AM
You should find the closest centre to you and go for a free consult. The goal is 2 lbs per week. The support is awesome! They will guide you in what you need to adjust for your food intake and lifestyle habits to see physical changes.

TrudyF
04-23-2008, 11:18 AM
Hi Girls.. Sorry I haven't been around too much, been really busy.. I just have a minute to pop in and then I am off again.

Weigh-in was up .4 lbs but its ok.. I always seem to be up after the weekends.

Hafta go but will be back..

ChristinaBeke
04-23-2008, 06:53 PM
ok WI today was .25loss from Monday and -5 Inches loss from last wed WI.
Thats total 18lbs and 43inch LOSS :carrot:

and I went to the Gym today for 1hr Feeling Great.. Is it Fri Yet to go back.:wl::

At 17 i was 230 lbs...by the time i was 19 i was down to 135 lbs naturally.. I am now 25 and i have gained about 40 lbs i'm currently sitting at 5 foot 10 and 175lbs. I am incrediably active...i run, roadbike, play tennis, etc. I work so hard to never see physical changes in my body. I find it so hard to lose weight, i just need something to help me out. I would love to get somewhat of my old body back. I want to lose 20-30 lbs. DO you think herbal magic will work???????? how long will it tkae to lose 20-30 lbs

You should find the closest centre to you and go for a free consult. The goal is 2 lbs per week. The support is awesome! They will guide you in what you need to adjust for your food intake and lifestyle habits to see physical changes.

I Second that. Now I have 8weeks in this week and I have Loss 18lbs

JuliaDH
04-23-2008, 07:37 PM
Still no change today! Apparently it can take a week to get over the Bloating from TOM. Well by the weekend I better be down or I may consider something extreme like a hysterectomy to avoid TOM. But that probably has another whole slew of issues too....guys are so lucky!

ashleymorgan
04-24-2008, 02:54 PM
okay I'm back for my check in.

Ladies I am so sorry that I can't keep up with you all on this blog.

Welcome to all the new members! I can't believe what Christina started. She is the reason we are all in contact with each other.

So my update!!!!!! I'm down to 175lbs. It's been like 4 years since I've seen below 175. I can't believe it. I'm heading to Cuba in a week for a wedding and will be purchasing a new dress and bathing suit or BIKINI on Saturday.

So total #'s for me so far....

Total loss: 17lbs & 18.5 inches.

I'm kind of looking forward to not having to pay over $100.00 for bras. I'm a 36G and can't wait to get down to a DD.

I'm so proud of everyone and how great everyone has been supporting each other.

I will never just dissapear. I'll be checking in as much as I can. Keep in mind that I'm an event planner that runs a catering company so I'm busy at the strangest times. Just writing lately in my journal has been an accomplishment.

untill later you never know when I'll pop by again!

ash

prepping
04-24-2008, 03:23 PM
Welcome back Ashley! I wasn't around since your last postings but it's wonderful to hear of your progress with HM!!! And it must be absolutely fantastic to be heading off to CUBA in a week. SO jealous. Go for that bikini!

So I just hit 175 today too! this is a mini-milestone for me since it pretty much gets me to where i was 2 yrs ago. The next milestone is 172... weird number I know, but it's the number that my fiance and I compromised on where I will not say any negative comments whatsoever about my body ever again. I'm not even allowed to think them - which he says he'll be able to tell when he sees me look at myself in the mirror. I suppose it's his attempt to have me working on my mental state as well so that I can appreciate what I'm doing for myself and not be down on myself for a reason no one else can see.

My secret is that I've been keeping myself from saying bad things about myself earlier than my weight 'deadline' and am noticing that I feel a lot better about myself with each day that passes! Not that I was a self-loathing basketcase by any means, but I was a typical young woman that focused on any flaw I possibly could find about myself. real and imaginary. meh, what can you do eh?

prepping
04-24-2008, 03:27 PM
Still no change today! Apparently it can take a week to get over the Bloating from TOM. Well by the weekend I better be down or I may consider something extreme like a hysterectomy to avoid TOM. But that probably has another whole slew of issues too....guys are so lucky!

Girl, I say that EVERY time I go get myself a bikini wax. Let's see a guy try that! :devil:

ChristinaBeke
04-24-2008, 04:31 PM
Hey partner in crime... lol

I was wondering what you wore up too !

Wonderful you at 17lbs & 18inch loss !
and So Lelouse to hear your going to cuba ....:devil: I sure hope you have the Best time there.

Will be on the look out for you next time , Please DOnt make it so far in between K !:hug:

JuliaDH
04-25-2008, 12:25 PM
Yahoo! TOM lbs are gone! Now back to the real poundage! I have 1 lb to go before I hit my goal for the weekend! I had this weekend as my 1st 15 lbs gone goal. Crossing my fingers that following plan will give me results today! Kinda dont want to look at the big picture LOL

prepping
04-25-2008, 01:51 PM
15 pounds is a great accomplishment Julia!!! There's no excusing any weight loss now as being "water weight"... serious changes are happening! You're doing a wonderful job! You'll be hitting your goal for the weekend no problem I'm sure. :D

gtekkrom
04-25-2008, 01:56 PM
Hello ladies. I am sort of new to HM. Today is day one, the second time around!
I joined in 2006 but quit because I don't think I was ready. So HM sent me a letter offering me my un-used weeks back for FREE! Woot!
I jumped at it. I had 36 wks left, so it was too good to pass up!
I am 41yrs old
185lbs
Goal: 140lbs.
I don't work anymore so I think it will be easier this time around. Looking forward to hearing your stories and hopefully sharing my success.

Gotta go drink a gallon of water...

prepping
04-25-2008, 02:15 PM
gtek, big welcome to you! That does sound like you got a great deal to rejoin for free! and a fantastic incentive! I look forward to hearing your successes. :D

gtekkrom
04-25-2008, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the welcome Prep!

I have to go to HM today to weigh in. Since I officially started today, I had a big dinner last night (fairwell to fat dinner) LOL
So I am kind of weary about getting on the scale. It was worth it though! LOL

ashleymorgan
04-25-2008, 03:05 PM
so preppingbride when are you getting married? I'm getting married too this year on August 8, 2008. I'm supposed to hit my goal weight of 150lbs by july 28! I couldn't believe it.

Welcome Gtek. good luck with your second time around. the more you try to more you will accomplish!

Have a great and guilt free weekend ladies! No cheating!

JuliaDH
04-25-2008, 03:38 PM
:welcome:Gtekkrom!

Ok girls I did it. The first 15 lbs is gone! Next goal is another 5 gone by Mothers Day for a total of 20! I am looking forward to my next measuring too!

Wow lots of weddings! I am matron of honour in October 08. We are having diffculties figuring out dresses as I am on a loosing streak! LOL. Goal is to have 60lbs total gone by then!

TrudyF
04-25-2008, 04:18 PM
Hi there girls..
Welcome Gtek.. It's nice to have some new people here.
You guys are all doing great.

Julia.. 15 lbs is soo good. Good for you for meeting your goal..

Preppingbride. You are very inspirational.

Ashley A bikini.. Wow I wish I could but never again.. Too old and too many stretch marks from kids..

Gtek.. Sometimes I think being home all day is easier to diet since you can make "good for you" food but then it is also easier to grab some cookies or stuff. You got a great deal for HM

Well I am down 2.4lbs this week.. I am thrilled because I didn't "feel" thinner and my scale at home is all over the place.. I am finding it easier now that I have been doing this for 2.5 months now. I can't wait for summer.

TrudyF
04-25-2008, 04:21 PM
Oh and I wanted to say Thanks to Christina for setting up this forum.. Its great to come here and see how you all are doing. I also look forward to post my weight here too.
At home no one really wants to hear about the couple of pounds I lost that week, so I can tell everyone here.. Haha

ChristinaBeke
04-25-2008, 08:21 PM
Welcome New Friend gtekkrom

That was nice of them to send you that letter and for you take them up on that offer ! Good luck and we all Here for ya !!! :carrot:

As for me my T.O.M is still here and I was up .2 today from 168.6 (168.8- Today) But I do have a goal for this wed. 166.5lbs that will be my 20lbs Mark !!
and I went and worked out again today for a hr again today...12min on :woops: and the rest of the time :lifter:

ChristinaBeke
04-26-2008, 04:02 PM
Ok.. I didnt get to the gym for Belly Dancing this morning... but I did find this kool site all about Chicken and has a Low Sodium section

http://www.chicken.ca/DefaultSite/index.aspx?ArticleID=3002&lang=en-CA

It looks Yummie for some of the foods,but remember to use the NoSalt,Salt in the replacement of your salt.. :dizzy:

Here the Main recipes by Category: http://www.chicken.ca/DefaultSite/index.aspx?CategoryID=2&lang=en-CA

I Hope this help of of yas of your stuck for idea's !

Nothing happening today just taking it easy today since I had worked a 5dayweek.

TrudyF
04-26-2008, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the recipe link Christina. Its always nice to try some new things.

Yesterday we went to East Side Marios for lunch and I saw at the back of the menu they have lighter foods and the calorie count, fat and sodium numbers. I like that so you can choose something with in that.

I kinda over did it today and I hope the scale will not reflect it.. I had too many biscuits with my coffee and an extra starch as well..

Do any of you guys over eat sometimes? I hope I am not the only one. At least I am eating stuff I am supposed to and not burgers etc.

Just had a lazy day today and did nothing much.
Bye for now.

ItsGreat2BeMe
04-26-2008, 11:11 PM
Good evening all, new to this forum and also new to Herbal Magic since last Thursday.

Need to surf around and get familiar here :-) Be back soon !!

ChristinaBeke
04-27-2008, 12:02 AM
Welcome ItsGreat2BeMe
Good job at taking your first step to eating good and to Loose weight !

I'm christina and have been on it for 8wks now and Lost 18lbs &43inches !

Cant wait to get to know morew about you !

ItsGreat2BeMe
04-27-2008, 11:13 PM
My first week-end on HM and I did ok I think! Can't wait for my weigh-in tomorrow! Will be stopping at the center every day for the next two weeks and then I won't be a beginner anymore :-)

Current weight : 253
Tomorrow's weight ????

Stay tuned LOL

Good night all xox

ChristinaBeke
04-27-2008, 11:45 PM
Hey Just thought I'd share this AWESOME Work out Site.... SparkPeople

I have been doing a little bits every oth er day that I haven't been at the gym this first week, Trying to Pick up TIPS !

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/videos.asp

LMN what ya all think !!

TrudyF
04-28-2008, 11:08 AM
Morning..

Welcome Itsgreat!!!.. Hope you do well at your weigh-in today.

Hi Christina.. I have seen that site before but I usually don't go there. It looks great though..

Well I am off to my weigh in and then some grocery shopping. I did ok over the weekend.

TTYL..