General Diet Plans and Questions - March 08 SlimFasters

View Full Version : March 08 SlimFasters

tleef
03-02-2008, 01:50 PM
Good Morning Ladies!

Have had a great week and weekend. Am finally down from 199...Two Whole Pounds. Will change my ticker now as that has been consistent since Friday. Three WI at the same weight so that's enough for me! Yay! :carrot:

I'll be back later to post more, just gonna go walk the dog with the Out-Laws.

Cheers, T

Karen31
03-02-2008, 02:18 PM
Good Morning!
I just had a one pound loss this week but that is one pound gone! Looking forward to a better week coming.
I had a busy day yesterday just cleaning and today I think I will try to get a few more boxes packed. I can probably pack up at least 2 or 3 from the kitchen of things that I'm not using right now.
Everybody have a good Sunday and I'll be back later.

stickysweetjoegirl
03-02-2008, 02:49 PM
Hi Everyone, I'm new to this site and just starting SlimFast today ~ so far, so good. I had the milk chocolate SF optima shake with a banana blended in with it for breakfast. Tasty! :) I'm at the tail end of my weight loss journey and am ready to have it gone and over with FOREVER! :) Let's see, a little about me? Well, my name is Barb ~ I'm a HUGE Def Leppard fan and a Joe Elliott junkie! Am happily married, have 8 kids, home school, like to hike, party, shop, chat on line and well, guess that's about it. LOL! Look forward to gettin' to know all of you while we're gettin' smaller.

~Barb~

Karen31
03-02-2008, 04:29 PM
Hi Barb! :wave: Welcome to our Slimfast group! :welcome: I think you will find lots of encouragement and support here. This group is so great! I'm really glad that I found them. Glad to have you here.:)

SunshineRunner
03-03-2008, 11:13 AM
Thank God It's Monday!!!! I know - weird for me to say that, but I was off track all last week and told myself I'm getting back on track today...Monday Monday Monday! I'm excited to be back on the wagon. I did my best last week to eat reasonably...however, it was hard...I went to both my county fair and the Strawberry Festival, Dinner at Benihana's w/DBF, last weekend spent in Cocoa Beach having tons of fun, this weekend having lots of fun...drinking too much and then spending Sunday on the boat followed up by Mexican for dinner...yeah...wowza! That's a lot of fun having...

Okay...so I already planned my entire day of eating on thedailyplate.com and it seems good. I read an article that stated that folks who get 3 servings of light yogurt in/day lose twice as much weight as those who don't. I already eat (and LOVE) Fiber One's Yogurt...so I'm aiming to get 3 servings of that per day....they have only 80 calories 0 fat and 5 grams of fiber...and they taste good...soooo...I'm doing that and eating like I normally do. I'm ready to kick these last 15lbs in the arse.

I am also going to work out like normal - last week I did not...only got in 2 days...normal for me is 5 days/week....tonight is probably going to suck majorly...oh well, live and learn.

Tamara - so glad you are officially never going to be over 200lbs again! Fab-u-lous!!! Gotta love it. Thanks for giving me an arse kicking...I like it. Ha! I'm glad that I can inspire you - that is such a huge compliment. I swear...I am not hear to inspire, but mostly to get help from all of you....but if I can manage to help you out in return, that is all the better for me.

I am going to try to not weigh myself until Saturday this week. I have NEVER done this before (I'm a daily weigher)...it is going to be super difficult...so expect that it won't last ALL week long (kinda like Tamara and her Fat Smash...sorry, had to be funny!!!)...but I am going to do my best. I also have my next Kmart weigh in on Saturday...so I will check before I go to that...I'm sure I'll be fine for that (only have to lose 2lbs ever 2 weeks...which I already have...but my TOM is coming any day now...so that always makes this weigh in screwy)....

Okay..back to work...

tleef
03-03-2008, 11:13 AM
Good Morning!

Karen: A pound is a pound is a pound and before you know it, it's 10lbs! Good for you, keep up the amazing work!

Stickysweetjoegirl:Hi Barb and WELCOME to the SlimFast thread. It looks as though you're doing fantastically on your WL journey! I hope that SF will help you get through the last bit you want to lose. This is a great group and everyone is very supportive. I don't know that I could have gotten where I am already without such a great group cheering me on! :cheer: Jump right in and ask questions, give ideas and let us know how you're doing. We've started a weekly WI thread as well under General Diets so be sure to go there and record your March 1 starting weight. I'm going to keep track of all the weight that is lost from March 1 onwards so we can see what having a support group can do to help with changing our lives!

Has everyone weighed in for Saturday, March 1? I've started a spreadsheet so we can keep track. Everyone have a fantastic day. I was a little off plan yesterday, but only about 1600 for the day instead of 13-1400. Oh well not too bad and I had a great day with the outlaws!

Cheers,
Tamara

stickysweetjoegirl
03-03-2008, 12:00 PM
Hi Girls and thanks for the welcomes! Yesterday went pretty good ~ I did eat a little something that I had told myself not to (jelly beans) but other than that I did well. So, today's a new day and the jelly beans are gone so I SHOULD do this 100% today ~ that's the goal anyway!!! And of course, goals are made to be met, so one day at a time, one goal at a time. Tamara, I will go and record my weight, so ya weigh in each Saturday, right? I have 50 days to go until my first Def Leppard concert of the season and I want to be as close to my goal as possible ~ gotta have NO CHEATS until then, at least!!! Wish me luck!

~Barb~

tleef
03-03-2008, 12:35 PM
Good Monday Amanda! LOL

Sounds like you're up for getting down this week! :carrot: I didn't weigh in this morning...great minds think alike. I decided I would attempt to wait until next Saturday...but we'll see. I, like you, am a daily scale girl but I'm curious to see what it would be like to only weigh in once a week. I'm going to do my best, but I can't guarantee that the scale won't be screaming my name by Wednesday! LOL

Barb: Yes, we're hoping to keep a weekly weigh in thread going and record our weights each Saturday. So are you totally following the SF meal plan? Do you use the website to record your daily food/water intake? I do only because it makes me see where I'm going over or not getting enough of something. I also like that I can do an entire day with only prep...no thinking "what will I have?"...it's already there for me and I just have to get it ready for the next day. I know there are a few of us on this thread that use the SF products, but don't necessarily follow the plan bang-on. But for ME, I find that is what is working best! Just one little thing that caught my attention in your post. NO CHEATS for 50 days. Now don't get me wrong I think that is very admirable and a good goal. But I've found that if I deprive myself of something I really want I find it much harder to stay on track. If I want something I have it and I just work it into my daily plan. I may have to have a lighter dinner or perhaps even eliminate another snack from the day, but I don't deny myself anything I want. I DO look for healthy alternatives. For instance, on Saturday SO had a huge Strawberry coissant (not just any coissant but sliced in half, filled with whipped cream, straberry filling and drizzled with chocolate and powdered sugar!). I wanted one really bad but instead I cut up 8 big straberries (fresh) and ate them with a Cadbury thin Dark Chocolate bar (100 calories). It was delish...and totally OP so I didn't have to beat myself up over it. So I guess all I'm saying is that instead of giving yourself "Off Limit" foods, just try to keep junk to a minimum and work in the stuff you do eat (or at least record it) into a daily journal.

Cheers,
Tamara

bethbeth
03-03-2008, 12:37 PM
Hi Ladies~

Barb~ Welcome! It's great to see you posting and joining our little group! Congratulations on losing 70 pounds already! That is awesome! What did you do to lose it? I hope Slim Fast goes well for you. Keep us updated!

Tamara~ Yay! It's exciting to see you move off of 199! You're doing great.

As for me, I didn't have a great weekend. My husband has been really sick for almost a week. We finally took him to a doctor on Saturday to get some antibiotics, but they haven't started helping yet. He's just been so miserable. Hopefully today will bring some relief. Anyway, that made for a really lame Birthday for me on Friday. We did go out to dinner on Friday (though he didn't eat much). I ate way off-plan, but that was ok. I had been planning for it all week to celebrate my birthday and my goal of 20 pounds. The rest of the weekend I ate really well and got a lot of exercise ~ I am sore this morning.
Anyway, that's all I can think of for now. Talk to you again soon,
Beth

stickysweetjoegirl
03-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Hi Beth and thanks for the welcome! And Happy late Birthday! Sorry the hub is sick ~ no fun. We've had the flu in our house for a couple weeks now, just keeps goin' around ~ ugh!!!
Tamara ~ Yeah, I totally know what you are talking about with the deprivation thing and all and I know you are right ~ BUT ~ I also know that for me, if I am not super strict, if I don't have my head totally wrapped around it, then I keep screwing up and eating what I shouldn't (that's why I STILL have this weight to lose) ~ so I know that if I TOTALLY commit myself and really be strong then after a few days, I can overcome anything, it's the first few days of really gettin' my head wrapped around it that matters most and is the hardest. No, I'm not following the SF program. I basically am drinking the SF shakes for my meals, putting a banana in my breakfast one, berries in my lunch one and apple in my dinner one. So far, so good cuz the shakes really do hold me over. I am taking my multi-vits each day plus B-Complex and Biotin. And of course, drinking lotsa water and tea (unsweetened). I figure if I stick to this until the day of the first show I should be at goal and then I can start adding veggies in and weining off the shakes.
I lost the 70# eating low fat ~ 10% and less each day, about 1200 calories and lots of exercise. I lost my motivation cuz everyone kept telling me how awesome I look and I finally just got it in to my head, "You are NOT done!" So, I'm back at it. I sidetracked for a while into the low carb world and lost about 30#, only to put it right back on cuz I can NOT stick to low carb and it comes back on SOOOOO fast. So, that's where I am and looking forward to being done with this and never having to LOSE weight again. Maintaining, that's fine, but losing, I want it FINISHED!

So, here's to a good day!
~Barb~

bethbeth
03-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Barb~
Have you checked out the the Slim Fast website? (www.slimfast.com)
The shakes are not really made to be your only food for the day, as they say right on them. The website explains how to use the slim fast products in conjunction with healthy foods to get a balanced diet. At my weight, the website advises that per day I eat one Slim Fast meal, one Slim Fast plus other healthy food meal, and one healthy meal of lean meat, carb, and veggies, plus 3 snacks. It advises that I try to get 4-5 fruits and veggies a day and total around 1500 calories per day. I have been following this plan and it is working for me. I don't keep track on the Slim Fast website, nor have I tried out any of the recipies that they offer, but I keep track of everything myself.
Anyway, I hope day 2 is going well for you. Keep us posted. And congrats again on 70 pounds!
Beth

stickysweetjoegirl
03-03-2008, 05:56 PM
Hey Beth, Yeah, I've seen their stuff ~ everyone's recommendations etc. I'm just listening to my body and goin' from there. I asked my Dr. about what I'm doing and he said that although it is very low in calories that all of the nutrients are there that I need and as long as I'm feeling good then to go for it..........so..............I'm goin' for it! LOL! So glad you are following the plan and it's working!! Yeah!! It always feels SOOO good when you find something that TRULY works for you and that you can stick with. Losing weight feels so great, doesn't it. It's awesome to be in control and not letting something else control you. Question for you all, do any of you watch "Biggest Loser"? That show, to me, is so awesome. I just love what they are doing for people's lives. I can NOT imagine working out 4+ hours a day but I guess when you have someone like Jillian after you!!! LOL! So, anyway........doin' great and hope you all are too!

~Barb~

jaxjob
03-03-2008, 11:14 PM
Hi all,

This week is still going well, nothing official yet since my weigh-ins are Thursdays - thus I'll be a little later at the weekly threads. Hopefully they will be an ongoing thing not just Saturdays. Today wasn't as great as the weekend but I worked at the school (last minute) so didn't have the best food choices available. Tomorrow is also a work day but I knew about it ahead of time so am more prepared.

Based on the home scale I should see a 1-2 lb loss this week - so I am feeling better about things after not much change in the last little while.

Snuggles to all...

Karen31
03-04-2008, 12:08 AM
Hello everyone! I hope everyone has had a good day today and plan for a better one tomorrow!

Barb, I don't follow the SF plan to a T either. I usually have a SF Chocolate Royale shake for breakfast, then lunch is a French Vanilla shake with a cup of strawberries blended in-- Yummy! Plus I usually have a slice of toast too at lunch. During the day I may have an apple or an orange if I think about it and feel hungry. Then Supper Monday through Thursday is usually a meal bar and a salad. Friday, Saturday & Sunday we usually have a burger(no bun) and salad on Friday, then Saturday, steak(4 ounce) and salad then Sunday is chicken (4 ounce breast grilled) with a salad. If I feel like it I will make some extra veggies for my weekend meals. Anyway, this is what I've decided to try for at least the next couple weeks. I really don't seem to be hungry and I figure the people on Survivor don't get even this much and they survive. And SF is so much more nutritious then anything they can get. Maybe crazy logic but at least for now it seems to be working for me. My calories work out to be in between 1000 and 1200 most of the time. I'm also doing at least 45 minutes on the Gazelle and 15 minutes on the ab lounge each day.

Tamara, I've watched the Sweatin' to the Oldies 1 & 2 while I've been doing the Gazelle. I'm hoping that within the next couple weeks that I will try to get one of the DVD's worked in each day too. They are so much fun! The fifth DVD in the set is a motivational DVD that is "Love Yourself and Win" He talks to some of the people that he has helped and talks about the 6 steps. I watched it today while using the Gazelle. I think it will be fun doing his DVD's and I love the music!!

Hi Jax, Good Luck on you weigh in!

Amanda, Doesn't it seem so hard to get back on track when you have been off for awhile?? I hate that! I have a grandson who is having a birthday the middle of the month and I'm already getting nervous about it!! They are planning a birthday party for him on the 15th! Trying to get my strategies down now!

Well, everyone, hope you have a good evening and I'll catch you tomorrow!

stickysweetjoegirl
03-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Hi Everyone! Had a good day yesterday ~ stuck to my plan 100%. Yeah!
As for exercise ~ I am doing some of Leslie Sansone's DVD's (I trade off) and I do Body Flex and then I do some exercises with a resistance band that hooks around your ankles. I enjoy it and that seems to be key for me. I am REALLY looking forward to the weather getting warmer so I can walk outside. Right now everything is still yuck!
Karen, what you're doing sounds good to me and I figure if what you are doing is working and you feel good, well, that's it! LOL! As for the people on 'Survivor' and all that ~ you are ABSOLUTELY right. When I was talking to my Dr. he said that people don't need as many calories as we've been led to believe.............not that I'm a big Dr. person but seems most people need to hear things from the medical guys before they believe it. LOL!! I know the folks on Biggest Loser are around 1200 - 1600 and then working out like they do ~ most people would say that's a starvation diet ~ but sure seems to work and they don't seem weak and sickly ~ quite the opposite. So, anyway, it's gonna be a good day!! Looking forward to weighing in on Saturday.

~Barb~

bargoo
03-04-2008, 10:43 AM
Still using SF to maintain my loss.

tleef
03-04-2008, 11:26 AM
Good morning!

Glad to hear that everyone is doing well. You know I've done a lot of reading on the internet about how people become overweight...just for my own interest. It's amazing how "eating disorder" is used to describe such opposite ends of a problem. On one side it's the obvious anorexia and bulimia and on the other end of that is binge eating. I've definately been a binge eater at times throughout my life, but I never thought of it as a disorder until recently.

Last night SO and I took the dog for a walk and didn't get dinner made until almost 7pm. My goodness I was starving! Usually when I stay on plan all day I need to have my dinner by like 5:30 or else I start to not feel well at all. So last night we grilled some steaks (I had a 4oz top sirloin...YUM) and then I had 1/2 sweet potato and lots of green beans. The dinner was so tasty and I was definately satiated (not overfull, but just right) and yet something in my brain was telling me that I should have dessert! My body felt full but my brain was like "oh...just a little more food, something sweet perhaps?". I actually talked to SO about it and he said that we should go and clean the kitchen and get our clothes and lunches ready for today instead. Perhaps the activity would make the craving go away. He was right...but it was very enlightening. I think back to all those times that I ate McD's and then right after I'd eat a candy bar as well. It's like it's such a second nature thing and so hardwired into my behaviour pattern that even now when I'm eating food that fuels my body properly and am getting enough protein/fiber/etc and limited amounts of fat (only the good kind), I still get that almost insatiable want for "just a little something else". Anyone else experience this?

Karen: It sounds like you have a very regimented plan. That's terrific since it's obviously working for you. I can't imagine eating only 1000-1200 calories a day at this point. But I'm very aware that eventually I may have to drop to that level to keep losing. You're doing really well with your activity as well. I have a stationary bike at home but I'd love a gazelle or something like that. Even a stepper since the bike makes my butt go to sleep...LOL My SO's mom uses the Simmons sweatin to the oldies and loves them. I'm glad you found something that looks like it will be fun! Now if you could just cram 28 hours into a day you'd have plenty of time for it right! LOL

Jax: That would be fantastic if you could record a 1-2lbs loss for the week! I love weeks like that. It was hard to stay motivated these last couple of weeks when I just sat at 199. But I'm moving again so I'll just keep at her. I hear you with the planning thing. It's when I derail the worst is when I don't have the time to plan and end up eating "whatever is available". If I put grocery shopping off for even a day I end up making poor choices. I not only have to plan my day the day before, I have to plan my entire week every weekend and make sure I have everything I need. It's ok it I just have to run and grab a couple peppers or an onion or something after work, but again it's that whole timing thing and if I am very late getting dinner on the table...it can be disasterous. Keep up the amazing work and we'll record your weekly WI for Thursdays...Beth is on Mondays and I think the rest of us are Saturdays.

Beth: I know I'm totally late (how did I miss it in that post?) But anyhow:
:bday2you: :woo:
You're basically doing the same as me with the 1500 calories a day, except I keep my counts on the SF website. I just find that works for me, but obviously what you're doing is working for you! You're doing really well. I love the SF recipes and even the family doesn't mind some of them. Sometimes I'll make the same main course and then add a couple extras to their meals. Neither DD or SO like brown rice (I wish they did) so they eat Minute Rice when I have brown. They also like some of their veggies with cheese sauce or butter and I'll either have a squirt of lemon juice or a couple sprays of ICBINB and some spices. You should check out the recipes though...some of them are almost gourmet and so yummy it's amazing that they're healthy!

Barb: I guess if your doctor is telling you that you're ok with three shakes a day then what do I know! LOL The only thing I can think there would be a deficiency in is fiber and if it doesn't bother you then keep doing what you're doing...It's Working! I have only ever watched a couple Biggest Loser shows, but SO pretty much has control of the remote and well...It's hockey season and so we spend a good portion of our TV time watching that. I don't mind as I love the game and playoffs are approaching! I could PVR it and then watch it later, I guess I sometimes forget that I can do that. I set up series recordings (House, Bulging Brides, Kill Point) and the PVR just records them and then we can watch them later and skip the commercials...such a great invention!

Amanda: How did you recover from the weekend? :stars: How's your week going so far?

Bargoo: You're amazing! :carrot: Thanks for dropping in and letting us know!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Cheers,
Tamara

SunshineRunner
03-04-2008, 11:47 AM
Things are going GREAT!!! Yesterday was difficult - but not extreme...just had to get all the cravings that come with an off week out of my system. I did it and feel perfectly back on track today. I'm getting about 50+ grams of fiber in a day...which helps me stay on track. I'm getting 50 grams of protein and between 1300-1400 calories/day...keeping the fat low and healthy.

Tamara - as far as grocery shopping goes - I have become the woman that goes 3-4 days per week...yep...and I take my time...of course I don't have a DD to care for...so that may be why....but I love to find new things and what not...I'm always reading labels...etc...so I went last night and finally found that Weight Watchers cream cheese everyone has been raving about. It comes in 1oz individual tubs (an 8-pack) and they pack in 3 grams of fiber in there...I also bought WW Wheat English Muffins (6 fiber grams) and both are low in sodium...now....I know most don't pair up English Muffins with cream cheese...but I did and it was a great part of my morning today (okay...and my after workout snack last night!!!)...in any case...I am by no means a WW...however, this seems to be an item that will fit very nicely into my routine. Yum.

Oh...I already got back on the scale and am offiically 169lbs. I know I was there one day last week...but I wasn't there for 2 days..so it wasn't official..but it's nice that through all my bingeing last week that I did not gain weight. Sweet...of course...clearly I'm a failure at staying off the scale for a full week...oh well...maybe another time :)

Okay...I'm out for now...will check in later!
~A

Karen31
03-04-2008, 12:14 PM
Good Morning!

Amanda, I also have a lot of fiber in my diet. I love the Fiber One Original cereal and I will put that on my salad! And at only 60 calories for a half vup and 14 grams of fiber it is really good!! I forgot to mention that when I was talking about what I eat.

Tamara, I got my Gazelle off of craigslist. It is the Power Plus that has the resistance on it and Wal-mart was selling them for about $300. This one was only 6 months old and not a scratch on it and I got it for $75. I was so HAPPY!! I was reading in another thread yesterday about if the Gazelles work and I guess there was a lady that used to be on the site that lost 190 pounds using it!! So that information made me really happy!!

Bargoo-- You have done really wonderful. Did you lose all your weight with SF? That is awesome.

Well, guess I'd better get busy and get some work done around here this morning. We finally have sun shine and not to cold--- supposed to change to snow and cold again tomorrow night though! Have a great day!

bethbeth
03-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Hello!

Barb: I do like Biggest Loser, but have only watched one season of it, as we don't have cable. I just started watching the first season of the Australian show on You Tube! You should check it out!

Tamara: Thanks for the birthday wishes! And big :cp: on hitting the 30 pound mark!

Nothing too new to report for me today. I'm going to change my signature today, so I'm going to delete my completed birthday goal. It's a little sad to see it go, but now it's on to March and new goals!

Talk to you again soon!
Beth

stickysweetjoegirl
03-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Okay, where is everyone??????
Had a good day yesterday ~ am down 2 days of my 50 day challenge and only 48 more to go. OH SH*T! lol! I hope everyone else is doing good. I know committment is key, we CAN do this! Weigh in is only a couple days away.....it's been hard staying off the scale but I know it's for the best and I'm gonna be so excited if/when I see that big # gone!!! 'Kay, talk to you all later.......

~Barb~

tleef
03-05-2008, 01:04 PM
Good Morning SF Sweeties!

Barb: Glad to know that you're doing well. I have just short of 90 days to get down to where I'd like to be for the wedding. I had to weigh this morning...just like Amanda I can't stay off the scale. So far I'm showing 196.5 so hopefully that'll be 196 or even 195.5...wouldn't that be something else! I revised my wedding goal to 185, but if I can get lower that would be fantastic. So the plan you're using with the SF is working well...are you still doing 3 shakes a day?

I have to run...my girlfriend that is 38 weeks preggo with twins just got the call from the hospital to come in and they're gonna induce her.

Be back later!
Cheers,
T

stickysweetjoegirl
03-05-2008, 10:51 PM
Yeah, I'm doing three shakes a day and blend fruit with them. So far so good. :) I am MAKING myself weigh only once a week. I was weighing every day but it was controlling me too much. Trust me, it's a DAILY battle to not get on there but I think I'll be glad come Saturday.

Have had a good day today ~ was out and about but I just took my shake with me and packed it in ice. Yeah!

~Barb~

SunshineRunner
03-06-2008, 12:52 AM
Sorry I've not checked in...been super busy! Still on plan and hoping for some scale moveage...however, TOM is here any day now...soooo more than likely we won't move again until next week. Had a great workout tonight too!

Oh....btw, I just wanted to tell Tamara & Karen that I LOVE your love stories. I meant to say that about a week or so ago...whenever last month it was brought up....but they are fabulous! I'm still working on mine. Getting out of one relationship and unfortunately in the midst of diving right into another one...clearly my head isn't on straight....but oh well...one day maybe I'll have my own love story as sweet as y'alls!

Hugs,
A

bethbeth
03-06-2008, 01:18 PM
Hello lovely ladies!

Been pretty quiet around hear the last couple of days, huh?
Well, I'm finally ready to make the switch. I've been weighing in nearly every day for weeks, and I'm going to *try* to make the switch to weighing in weekly. I'll try it for a little while and see how it goes. I've been getting discouraged this week that the scale has not been moving, even though I have been exercising more and not cheating at all. I'm trying to chalk it up to my quickly approaching TOM, so I'm hoping the scale is more friendly next week. So, starting tomorrow I'll try to stay off the scale for a week.

Hope you're all doing well!
Beth

tleef
03-06-2008, 02:06 PM
Good morning Girls!

Well my girlfriend had her twins this morning.

Taylor Ann Leslie - 5lbs 7oz @ 1:29am
Avery Lynn Debbie - 4lbs 15oz @ 1:50am

I'm so glad they're finally here. Identical and red headed to boot! LOL The pregnancy was really hard on mom so I'm glad that part of it is over.

I had an ok day yesterday. We ate pub food for dinner so I was about 2000 calories for the day...but I worked out at the gym and then took our pooch for a long walk. Tonight I'll do that same walk and then am going to Aquasize for an hour. Am hoping for at least a 1lbs loss on Saturday so I still have a couple of days.

Amanda: Don't you hate that the scale won't budge around TOM...that bugs me like crazy but there is nothing to be done about it. I've found, at least, that my cravings at TOM are not as bad as when I was eating way more junk food. I also find that after it passes I'm usually down more than normal for a 1 week time frame. Thanks for telling me you loved our story. It's like living in a fairy tale a lot of the time. I loved Karen's story too. It's neat to know that other people have found love again with a past love.

Barb: Glad to hear things are going well with your plan. Don't forget to update the WI thread on Saturday and let us know about your progress.

Beth: How are you doing? Keeping on plan?

I'm so excited to go and see the babies tonight. Oh and BTW I got a new job yesterday. I love the job I have now (I've been here just over a year), but this is higher on the food chain (they found my old resume online and head hunted me), considerably more money, more holidays and just better all around especially in the long run. I am giving my notice today and my last day will be Thursday, March 20. I'll start my new job on March 24...I think I may be a little crazy to be starting a new job only 2 months before the wedding, but like I said in the grand scheme it will be better for the whole family.

Anyhow that's all for me right now. Hope everyone has a terrific day.

Cheers, Tamara

jaxjob
03-06-2008, 03:26 PM
Hi all,

Well TOPS showed a 1lb loss for me this week - I am very pleased with that! It could (?should) have been greater but yesterday wasn't the best. Too busy for good choices. I was actually not showing a loss over last week at all on my home scale so the 1lb was a good showing. Finally I get to move my new ticker.

Gotta run to school now (TA at Jr Kindergarten this afternoon) but will post to you all later...

Karen31
03-06-2008, 07:44 PM
Hello Everyone! Good to see everybody. I thought that I would pop in here for just a few minutes. I talked to my sister yesterday and my Dad is having a pacemaker put in this Wednesday. He is 88 and has diabetes and had quadruple bypass about a year and a half ago, so I have been just a bit worried. Well, we decided this morning that we are just going to go on back there and be there when he is in the hospital. We are planning on leaving Saturday so I may do my weigh in tomorrow. We're hoping to get out of here pretty early on Saturday morning since there is another storm coming in. If I get the chance to I will try to check in and see how everyone is doing.

Have a good evening everyone and I'll check back later.....

bethbeth
03-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Tamara~ Yippee for healthy babies! So exciting! And congrats on the new job!

Karen~ I'm sorry to hear about your dad. It sounds like a tough trip to make, but I hope it will be a good one. We'll miss you if you're gone for awhile, but we'll be thinking about you and waiting to hear how the trip went.

Beth

jaxjob
03-06-2008, 10:11 PM
Hi folks,

Tamara - congrats to your friend on the twins - SIL called this weekend to say she is pregnant with twins - they have been trying for ages (through IVF) and it's great that she's there this time. Due in July. Congrats to you also on the new job - what is it that you do?

Karen, sorry to hear about your father. I hope all goes well with the pacemaker and that it helps him. May you have a good trip, even if at a tough time.

Beth - sometimes I find the weeks I stay on plan are those I get stuck - then I make some less stellar choices only to find the scale moving. What gives?? Hopefully AFs passing will bring you a loss soon.

Barb - how's it going with the 3 shakes a day? I think I'd get bored...

Snuggles to all,

tleef
03-07-2008, 10:44 AM
Good Friday to all the Beautiful SlimFasters!

Jax: Good for you! Another pound lost forever! :carrot: I agree with you about the three shakes a day. I can't imagine not putting anything in my mouth and chewing...LOL But I guess if you wanted extreme results it would definately work. And Beth's MD said that she would be getting her RDA of everything between the shakes and fruit that she's adding. I suspect she'll be reporting bigger losses than any of us at weigh ins. But I think I'd have a hard time staying OP if I couldn't chew on something. Thanks for the congrats on the new job. I'm an accounting technician by training but I've done everything from Admin. Assistant for Defense contractors to Office Manager of a Landscape Company. The new job is Jr. Accountant for an electrical contractor and while the company is not as prestigious as the one I'm currently with...the salary and benefits are well worth the switch! Can I get your starting weight for the WI's (last Saturday-ish) and then I record your loss to date.

Beth: I also find (like Jax) that some weeks that I stay 100% OP I only see 0.5 or 1lbs loss, then I eat crap and suddenly the scale is down another full pound the next day! I'm posting a link at the bottom of this message that maybe will help explain it. I know there are a lot of people who "Zig Zag" their calories to trick the body. I guess your metabolism operates according to your consumption so really low calories will slow your metabolic rate and then sometimes when you up them considerably it kicks into a higher gear...or at least that's how I understand it. So when you eat an average of say 1500 calories but your days are like 1200 - 1450 - 1800 - 1200 - etc. Your metabolism doesn't ever get a chance to drop to the 1200 level and you will likely continue to burn at the 1500 range even on the lower days. I may give this a try in the next couple of weeks. It will just mean a couple days of really low cal snacks and a couple days worth of a little higher cal/fat.

Karen: I'm really sorry to hear about your Dad. I hope the trip works out ok and my thoughts will be with you and your family. Hopefully your dad will recover quickly...I know it takes a bit longer when someone is older but I'll be sending you positive thoughts. :hug: If you'd like to WI early that's fine, I'll record the loss in the spreadsheet...or you can skip a week. If you get a chance drop in and update us on how you're doing, but if things are too hectic we'll just keep you in our thoughts until you are back.

Barb: I just heard on the radio that Def Lepard is appearing on Dancing with the Stars on April 29. It made me think of you right away! I'm curious if you're exercising as well as the three shakes a day plan? So what is your total calorie intake in a day? How many do you burn per day (BMR + exercise)? I thought about going three shakes a day for a week or two before the wedding just to get that last kick at the cat. I realize of course that when I start to eat normal food again after the wedding I may regain a couple of pounds, but then I can just do my regular SF plan to get them back off. I've already upped my exercise considerably and am seeing a major difference in how my clothes fit and how I look (in the last 4 weeks).

Amanda: How are you busy girl? Drop in when you get a minute and let us know.

As for me. Yesterday was alright. I went to the hospital right after work and took my friend donuts and iced Capaccino and all I had was a regular coffee and didn't touch the donuts even though I bought them thinking I would have one! Good for me! LOL I saw the babies and they're just about the sweetest things I've ever seen. When I got there she had the two of them laying on their sides, swaddled in receiving blankets and face to face in a bassinet. I just about died! They were even in the same position that they were when she was pregnant...Twin A (Taylor) on the left and Twin B (Avery) on the right. They're SO little and adorable it almost made me want more....ALMOST! LOL We decided years ago (when we weren't even back together yet) that neither of us wanted more kids. The good thing for me is that I have all these girlfriends that are having babies and trying to get pregnant so I can live vicariously through them. It's great! Anyhow I got home late and was starving so I had a bowl of multi-grain cheerios with fresh strawberries and skim milk...which by the way is my new favorite thing if I haven't already mentioned it. So when I weighed this morning I was 196 and we'll see if I get the same number tomorrow for WI.

Hope everyone has a terrific day!
Cheers,
Tamara

Karen31
03-07-2008, 10:47 AM
Good Morning! I'm pretty happy this morning and doing the HAPPY :dance: I got on the scales and I've lost 3 pounds this week!! YAY! Now I'm just hoping that I don't "find" them while we are gone the next couple weeks! ;) I am really going to try hard to stay focused as much as possible but I imagine we will be eating out a lot. Hope to make good choices. I will go ahead and put my weight loss on our weigh in thread and hope to make it back to weighing in on Saturdays next week.

I have lots to do to get ready to go in the morning... I'll try to get back later on this afternoon to check in.

Everybody have a great day!

tleef
03-07-2008, 10:48 AM
Oops forgot the link! LOL

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

You can put in your info and see what calorie intake you need to be at for WL and EXWL as well as what you'll need to intake when you reach goal to maintain.

Also below the Results Guideline there is a little link there that says "7-Day Calorie Cycle (Zig Zag). If you click on that after you do the calculation it shows you how to cycle and also if you read down the page it gives an explanation of how/why it works.

Cheers,
Tamara

Karen31
03-07-2008, 10:57 AM
Cherie, I guess we must have been posting at the same time.. I too wanted to Congratulate you on your job! It sounds like it is something that you will really like. And the twins sound adorable!! But they are so much cuter now when they belong to someone else!! LOL!!! Especially since you can spoil them and then send them back home. "snicker"

OK, Back to getting stuff ready to go!! Talk to you later.

bethbeth
03-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Hello lovely ladies!

Karen - Great job on a 3 pound loss!
Tamara- Thanks for the info. I have read about the zig zag idea before and may try to do it more.
Karen & Tamara- Ha ha! That's awesome that you guys both told me that staying completely on track is not always the best way to go, because last night I went off track! I was kind of thinking the same thing, that maybe I needed a day of higher calories, so I agreed to go out to dinner with my husband. And then I ate some chocolate. I hope it helps, he he.

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!
Beth

stickysweetjoegirl
03-07-2008, 02:17 PM
Karen, Great job on the loss! My thoughts and prayers are with your Dad that he'll be just fine. Hugs to you.

Tamara, congrats on the new job! Sounds like your whole world is changing! How exciting!!!

For me, it's a lot easier to stick to something if I don't have a bunch of choices, I don't really get bored cuz I'm not thinking about it..... I'm pretty much sticking with the chocolate shakes and bananas and every once in a while I have the vanilla with berries and/or apples. As for chewing, I have gum in every flavor imaginable! LOL!! Wish Willy Wonka would TRULY come out with that gum that is a three course meal! LOL! Exercise? Yeah, I do Leslie Sansone ( 1-4 miles, depending on my strength that day) and Body Flex. I haven't really sat down and calculated out the calories and such, a rough estimate would be about 750 or so.........if I want to up them I'd make my Slim Fast with milk, I usually make them with water........I know not everyone agrees with how I'm doin' this but that's okay ~ we all have to find what works for us. :)

I'm looking forward to weigh in tomorrow ~ I know my tight jeans are feeling loser, yeah!!!

ttyl
Barb

tleef
03-08-2008, 12:46 PM
Good morning all!

Well another WI day has come. I'm down another 1lbs this week! I'll take it.

So I figure if I can keep up at 1lbs a week until the wedding (12 weeks tomorrow) I'll be around 184. While that's still about 44lbs above my end goal it would be down 43lbs from where I started. I've been watching Bulging Brides on the Slice network and it's definately giving me some incentive to get my weight down. I see them lose like 5-9 inches and 5-10lbs in six weeks and I think "Hey! I can do that too!". Your girls are all really helping me as well. I see that you're all sticking to your plans and it makes me feel like I would not only be letting myself down but you guys as well. Even though I know you all won't get me down if I don't make a goal I feel like the congrats I get each week and the comfort when the scale doesn't budge is really helping me stay on track.

Next weekend is going to be a challenge and I really need to plan in advance. I'm going on a scrapbook retreat with two girlfriends on Friday, coming home on Sunday. Usually there is alcohol involved at least on the Saturday night and the food they supply (while very delicious) is not very OP for me. I plan to take fruit/yogurt/veggies for snacks (instead of chips, etc) and I'll really limit my alcohol intake and have it with diet pop. I'm also going to try and be very aware of portion sizes and sauces/gravies etc. I know I can do it but it will be much easier if I can plan ahead and have everything packaged into portions so I don't overeat.

I have three more weeks until my first dress fitting, but I don't expect we'll have to do much to it for at least a few weeks after that. We can get the hem ready but as for the bodice it probably won't need much adjustment yet, if at all. I never realized that wedding gowns are about 2 sizes larger than your actual size. So when I bought a 16 it didn't occur to me that I'd have to be a size 12 by the wedding. I'm not too worried about it yet as I'm in a 14 already (in most things) and so hopefully it won't be an issue.

I'm having a really hard time upping the exercise! I need to figure out a plan and stick with it. I'm still doing Curves 3x a week and walking 60 minutes every day...but I know I can do more. And, despite my good intentions I still haven't made it to Aquasize. I'm going to really shoot for it on Monday! My schedule is so hectic right now with both jobs, wedding stuff (I still haven't addressed my invitations to send and I've had them for 2 weeks) and just running the household.

Anyhow I'll update my weight on the WI thread which will bump it up and make it a bit easier to find. I'll keep track of the "total loss" and post it once everyone has weighed in. You gals don't need to put that in your posts if you don't want. I'll make sure I edit my WI post to reflect our weekly losses!

Cheers,
Tamara

stickysweetjoegirl
03-08-2008, 02:41 PM
Hi Girls! Well, I was pleasantly surprised by my new friend the scale! LOL! I was at 178# today ~ that's a loss of 5# in one week! I can SOOOO be happy with that! Only 45 days to go until my first DL show ~ that's what, like 6 weeks, hmmmmmm, 6 weeks at 5# a week, 30# gone! I could TOTALLY be at my goal!! OMG ~ now THAT is incentive!!!
Yep, DL will be on Dancing with the Stars on the 29th, Jimmy Kimmel on the 30th. and their video for the new song "Nine Lives" with Tim McGraw is the new song for the NBA and will be debut'ed (how DO you spell that word? LOL!) this Sunday before the game and it will be THE feature song at every game and through the playoffs!! Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My boys are headin' back on top!!! When you hear "Nine Lives" on your local radio stations, please call in and request it if you like it ~ which of course you will ~ wink wink!! Okay, yes, I am obsessed! LOL!

ttyl!
Barb

stickysweetjoegirl
03-09-2008, 12:16 PM
Good Morning! How is everyone doing this weekend? My son and I went out for a slippery walk this morning. It was crazy! Tomorrow we are gonna drive to a bare dry area ~ we were slippin' and slidin' like crazy. I'm sure we looked like idiots but we found a long straight stretch and kept walking back and forth, back and forth. It ended up being a nice, long walk! LOL!! I am SO ready for spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday I thought I'd mix things up a bit ~ ya know, so I didn't get bored ~ DUMB! I decided to eat the stuff I ate doing low carb ~~ was up sick all night ~ NOT doing that again! My poor body doesn't know what's going on! LOL! It's back to SlimFast today ~ lesson learned!

Have a great day, girls!
~Barb~

etangl
03-09-2008, 07:27 PM
Hello ladies,

I've been reading through your thread for the past few days and I'm very impressed with the support and advice. I've lost 80 pounds on my own however at this point it has become more difficult and therefore I thought I'd try a new approach. I read in Consumer Report a few months back that Slim Fast has one of the highest rates when it comes to "sticking to it". I therefore read up on the program on the web site (canadian site) and bought my first round of shakes and bars. Tomorrow, March 10th will be my first day on this plan. It seems very easy to follow - straight forward and healthy...so off I go. My calorie level is between 1300-1500. I look forward to posting often...

Angie

stickysweetjoegirl
03-09-2008, 07:33 PM
Hi Angie! You're doing great!!! Good job! I like the SlimFast. I'm not following the program 100% but I love the way it keeps hunger and cravings at bay! Welcome to this group, I'm new here myself but am really enjoying all of the support. You can do this!

Welcome again!
~Barb~

bethbeth
03-10-2008, 02:08 PM
Barb & Tamara ~ Congratulations on another week of weight loss! :)

Angie ~ :wave: Welcome to our little Slim Fast thread! I hope you'll stick around and feel at home here. Congratulations on losing 80 pounds already! What was your plan like to achieve that? Let us know how Slim Fast is going and feel free to ask us any questions. Have you seen our thread for weekly weigh in's?

I had an ok weekend. My husband is still sick, and it's been 2 weeks now, so that's a real bummer. I ate well and exercised well and am feeling good. This is my first week to not weigh myself everyday, and I've managed to stay off the scales for 3 days!

Hope you all are doing well. I look forward to hearing from you.

Beth

stickysweetjoegirl
03-10-2008, 03:43 PM
Beth, I'm sorry to hear your hubby is sick. Flu or???? We had the flu go through our house a couple weeks ago. NO fun!

Today is going well...........I hope it's going good for all of you!

~Barb~

tleef
03-10-2008, 03:44 PM
Good morning everyone!

:welcome3: to you my fellow Canadian Angie! You'll find that this is a terrific thread for support, advice and just overall chat. I find that there is a lot more information and I prefer the tools (especially the meal plan) on the US website (www.slimfast.com). If you get the page that asks you to pick your country just use the US one. You don't have to give your address or anything so it doesn't really know what country you're in. I use their meal plan every day in addition to the hundreds of foods I've added myself. If you have any questions feel free to ask any one of us. As Beth mentioned we have a SF weekly Weigh In thread that we all weigh in every Saturday (there are a couple that use a different day, but my spreadsheet keeps everyone's totals so we can see how much we're supported each other through each month (pound wise ;) ). Feel free to jump in and then update weekly. And CONGRATULATIONS on already losing 80lbs...that's absolutely amazing!

Beth: I sure hope your hubby gets better soon! I know how hard it can be to take care of a sick man :hug: It looks like mine may be heading North to work here in the next week or so...bummer! Oh well, I guess I should consider that a few weeks in the field all but pays the remaining money we owe for the wedding, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Barb: I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad night over the weekend. You'll have to be very careful when you go back to eating more than just shakes that you introduce very slowly to make sure you don't make yourself sick again. I'd start with the really easy things like brown rice and lots of high quality veggies. Hopefully that will make it a little easier on the digestive track after a mostly liquid diet for 50 days. You'll have to let us know.

Amanda and Karen...I hope you're both well.

I was a little off plan yesterday, did fine until dinner and then had a cheddar smokie and potato salad (not too terrible, a little higher than normal dinner) and then totally blew it with a small DQ Blizzard! LOL I didn't weigh this morning since I was 1. worried that I'd be over 196 again 2. TOM will be here any day, but you know how it goes...you have a bad meal and then regardless of other factors if the scale is unfriendly you beat yourself up. So I just avoided it this morning. I'm going to try really, really hard to get to aquasize tonight since I have commitments Tues, Wed & Thurs evenings this week and then I'm off to scrapbook retreat on Friday. I'm also going to try really hard to get up at 5:00am instead of 5:30 and get on the stationary bike for 30 minutes. I don't know if I will still be able to get my long walks with the dog in on Tues/Wed but I'm going to try.

Have a great day everyone!

Cheers,
Tamara

SunshineRunner
03-10-2008, 06:23 PM
Feel free to beat me with a stick. I feel horrible for not checking in like I should lately. I'm a bad friend...and I am sorry. :(

Okay...here are my excuses for not checking in though - I have been just terribly busy. I work 2 jobs (sell real estate from my home office and part time at a vet clinic 20 hours per week) I also am famous for helping out my mother who is 61 and has worked super hard all of her life....so if there is an errand I can run for her or something I can help her with...I am more than happy to do so. I have also been having way too many self-caused relationship issues which are keeping me terribly busy and stressed. Furthermore, I am loving that I have almost found my old body again, and I missed it terribly...so I am having a lot of fun abusing it by drinking too much with my pals...flirting with men that I shouldn't...and spending lots of time out of the house having a blast since I just didn't do any of that over the previous 4-5 years. I am playing catch up on fun. This weekend I was working and showing property...then ended up taking my clients who are my age to the local Greek Festival (I told y'all I am a festival lover) and then of course, proceeded to have a couple of beers with them...which ended up becoming 10 more beers at the bar a few hours later and a couple shots. Yup. Bad Amanda. I know it sounds wonky that I went drinking with my clients...but it was fun and they are my age...so we all had a great time. Yay! Of course...I spent all day Sunday paying for drinking too much...but did end up going shopping with a friend and had a good day...although I just didn't purchase anything while shopping...which that in itself is amazing.

As far as weight goes...this morning I am down to 167lbs. That means I am only 5lbs away from the day that I'll be considered "Normal" and not "Overweight". Exciting. Funny that even after drinking all that beer....I lost weight. Maybe it's all the dancing I do while drinking. Ha...it is funny to watch. I stayed on plan all week last week and had TOM following me around...so I am actually quite excited to see 167...wow!

Tamara - Sorry I haven't been around...I've missed filling you in...I have lurked and checked in on y'all but just didnt' have the time to write all that is going on. However...I am soooo excited to see that your ticker is really flying downward!!! Congrats woman! Congrats on the new babies in your life as well. That must be exciting. Okay...I am typing that and thinking lame thoughts cause I am not a mother yet and am not prepared to be one anytime soon...so the thought of kids is not all that exciting to me...but I know that kids are a wonderful blessing and if I don't rot too soon...maybe I'll have kids by the time I'm in my early 30's (that's right, I'm 27 and not getting married anytime soon...not that one has to be married to have kids...but hey...I'm scared of them and do not need to do it alone!!!) I hope you catch my humor in all of this and dont' think me a childless snob! :) I do love them. In moderation :)

Beth - sorry for all the sickness going around your house. I have been lucky enough to not be sick this year...but I know how awful it gets...if and when I get sick (December was killer for me!) I get really sick and stay that way for a long time. It is just awful. I have a friend who is coming down with something (fever, chills, body aches, etc) and he works as an electrician...and is working nights right now (he works backstage at Disney World and Sea World) and I spoke to him and I just feel terrible for him...having to be out and about and functioning while sick is not good at all. I'm awful at it for sure.

Angie - welcome to our club. I'm not normally as absent as I have been the past week or so...I have slacker moments...but have never given up...that is the key for me. Knowing that there is a beautiful body underneath all the stress and pain involved with being overweight...I just can't wait to be long and lean again. Ahhhhh...the feelings it evokes (although as you can see from above...I'm having a great time already). As far as SF goes - it has been amazingly easy for me...although I don't follow the SF plan ...I did take some of the concepts into consideration when creating my ever evolving plan. It's called the "Amanda Plan" and I don't know what it is...but it works beautifully for me and I just can't complain (although I do on occasion).

Barb - sounds like you are getting along very well...despite that really cold weather. We had a cold spell this weekend and got into the 60's...I know...I know nothing about cold weather...but the 60's is freezing for me...so....it was awful here. Weather was crazy and tons of rain all weekend long. I lived though :)

Okay...I hope that my update satiate's y'all...but I swear, I'll be back more often...I'm back like before...I swear...not going to fade away...I actually can't imagine life without y'all...so even once I reach goal (yay for only 12lbs to go!!!) I'm not leaving you behind...SF will be a part of my life and my eating habits have permanently changed...for the better...not that I won't go off track occassionally...but I am forever a healthier person due to the support of this group...so I hope that even when some of us have reached goal...that we'll always hang around here and can help and inspire others who come into the SF way of life.

Hugs,
Amanda

Karen31
03-11-2008, 11:16 AM
Good Morning Ladies! I am sitting here at my brother's house in MO. right now. We had a good trip from Colorado to here. Other than long it was uneventful! Going across Kansas is always so long and boring! Anyway, my Dad had his surgery rescheduled and will now be having it odne on Friday. So we will be here through at least Saturday and make sure he is doing good with his new pacemaker. We may leave on Sunday to go home----guess we'll just wait and see.

I am afraid I will probably find the 3 pounds I lost while I'm back here. We are going out to lunch almost everyday!!! I'll just have to buckle down again when we get home. For now I am just really enjoying being with the family!!

Hello to everyone and I will try to get back again when I get a chance. Take care.....

bethbeth
03-11-2008, 12:38 PM
Good Morning Lovely Ladies!

Yesterday I bought my first box of Fiber One cereal. Last night I had 1/2 cup of it in some non-fat yogurt, and it was GOOD. Yum.
Yesterday I also did the first workout of the Couch to 5K plan. I think I'm going to try to stick with it, it's a 9 week plan. Yesterday I ended up running in the rain.:rain: I've actually been really enjoying working out this last week!

Hope you are all doing well. Love you guys!
Beth

nikki8221
03-12-2008, 09:40 AM
can i join the group...i have done weight watchers and alli before, but really looking for something that will fill me up so thought i would give slimfast a try along with a healthy diet and excercise.. i am doing the AVON walk for breast cancer in may, and what better way to start to get in shape and motivated for the walk..

today is day 1

i am having a shake for breakfast
cottage cheese and strawberries for a snack
chicken breast ( lean lunch meat) on wheat bread w/ mustard for lunch ( should i have another shake)
and not sure about dinner as i will be at my moms house tonight, so ill try and find something sensable

does this sound right????

SunshineRunner
03-12-2008, 11:06 AM
Nikki - I would have a 2nd shake or something else for an afternoon snack...I eat every 2 hours or so....about 1400 calories per day. Sounds like you probably won't get in enough calories on that amount of food...depending on what you have for dinner...also...be cautious of your sodium intake on that lunch meat...and look for healthier options in the wheat bread category - both Arnold and Nature's Own have "Double Fiber" breads - each with 5 grams of fiber per slice....you will see that I preach about increasing your fiber intake all the time :) It's just one more way to make you feel full without the addition of calories. Good luck with your journey!!!

bethbeth
03-12-2008, 12:36 PM
Nikki~
Welcome! :wave:
I'm so glad you found our thread! We love Slim Fast here! Some of us stick to the plan Slim Fast suggests, and some have modified it to make their own plans. Have you been on the website www.slimfast.com? It gives a lot of good information about how to get started.
I hope Day 1 is going well for you and you're enjoying your shakes. I actually don't drink that many shakes, as my stomach can't handle too many of them. I do love the meal on the go bars...oatmeal raisin is my favorite.
Anyway, I hope you stick around, and keep letting us know how you're doing! We'd love to keep in touch! This is a great little group to get to know some people, ask for advice, and share success and mistakes.
Beth

aprilcp12344
03-12-2008, 10:49 PM
Well... My BF is finally home after nearly a month in the hospital. He did end up getting the surgery after all, and now his lung is all better again.

I am going to take up SF again, seeing as I completely stopped all reasonable eating this month. My body is really craving those veggies and fruits right now.

On the plus side, I did only gain back 1 or 2 pounds, so I guess my eating wasn't that bad.

I hope everyone has been doing great!! I really need to catch up on alot of things!

Happy March!:carrot:

AnnCan1111
03-13-2008, 08:47 AM
Good morning everyone.
Can anyone tell me where the best deals are for slimfast products.
I have been drinking the shakes but would like to buy bars/snacks.
If anyone has any suggestions on the best place to buy them please let me know.
Thanks

tleef
03-13-2008, 12:24 PM
Good morning all!

Sorry I haven't posted in acouple days...busy...busy...busy!

Amanada: I won't :kickbutt: too much as I've also been lacking in my posts the past bit. Sounds like you're really having a lot of fun getting reaquainted with your slimmed down self! Good for you! :cheer: It also sounds like you're running a crazily hectic schedule like me. I feel like I'm constantly on the go and even when I have some "down-time" I'm planning the next thing I'm doing or tomorrow's meals or whatever. I also agree with your statement that your eating habits have changed through this journey. While I can't claim that I'll never touch McD's again. It will definately be a once a month thing and I will continue to eat large amounts of veggies with dinner as well as a salad. I think back to what a dinner looked like a couple of years ago. Lots of processed foods, almost no veggies (lots of corn...which I now eat as a starch instead of a veggie), and realize that I was really doing a number on my body. No wonder I got 80lbs overweight! But I'm almost 1/2 way to 150 (I know my goal says 140, but I'm going to re-evaluate at 150). I'm so glad I'm so much more aware of what I'm putting in my body and it's amazing to me that I can feel the difference when I eat "junk" now. I feel kind of sluggish, etc. I'm also so very glad that this journey has brought me to this forum as I really don't know if I would have stuck to it so well without you ladies pushing and supporting! Thanks so much! I also want to say that you're a huge inspiration to me since we started out with the same weight and you're just doing so well. I'm sure if I hadn't stopped with the plan for 5 months I'd be closer to goal like you, but in the meantime I watch your ticker and it gives me hope! LOL

Karen: Don't worry about making the best choices while you're dealing with the family stuff. I know it can be really hard to do when you're at the mercy of the restaurants, just try to keep with grilled meats, lots of salads/veggies (no sauce, limited LF dressing if possible) and watch the gravies and things like that. You'll do fine and it's not like if you do gain you can't get back at it and drop it again. We all know and you know too that you are awesome on this plan...I stopped for 5 months and everything I gained in that time (I was knowingly making bad choices) is gone again and then some! You rock and I hope that all is going well with the family and your dad. :hug:

Beth: I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying your exercise routine. It sure is much easier when you love what you're doing. It's easier to stay motivated and makes it more fun while you're doing it. I'm going to try the Fibre 1 cereal soon and I just found the Fibre 1 bars at Wal-Mart. It's such a drag sometimes that we can't get all the fabulous products that you girls can down south. In Canada we have some really good ones, but there are a ton that I hear about on this forum that I can't seem to get my grubbly little hands on despite my best efforts! LOL You're doing really well!

Nikki: Of course you can join our group, we love to grow this group...the more support the better! :welcome3: You'll find a really great, supportive bunch here and we hope that you'll come back regularly and post and update us on your progress. We also have a weekly Weigh In thread that you can update weekly (we shoot for Saturdays, but some use another day). I would also recommend that you have a second shake with your lunch. Have you checked out the SF.com website to see what a meal plan would look like for you? It has made a huge difference for me since when I first started I was using the SF products...but still had limited knowledge what to have for snacks, what to replace products with and also what a portion/serving looked like. I love their tools and use them daily.

Aprilcp: I hope that your BF gets better soon and that you're doing ok. It can be so stressful when a loved one is ill. It's great that you only put back on 1-2lbs...you'll have that back off in no time flat! Congrats on getting right back on the horse and we look forward to regular posts from you.

AnnCan: I buy my products at the Real Canadian Superstore or Wal-Mart. When my mom sends me products from the US she usually gets them at Wal-Mart or Taget. Also, if you sign up on the US website, they will send you some coupons on occasion. My mom just got a bunch (I signed up using her address for promotional stuff) and so she's going to stock up for me when she comes for the wedding! Yeah! We look forward to hearing more from you.

Jax & Barb: How are things going ladies?

Well as for me...TOM :( so I'm trying to stay away from the scale. I'll have to WI tomorrow morning since I'll be away all weekend, but I'm hopeful! LOL Hope everyone has a terrific day!

Cheers,
Tamara

bethbeth
03-13-2008, 03:16 PM
Hey guys!

aprilcp: Welcome back. It's good to see you posting again. We hope to hear more from you soon.

anncan: I just look for SlimFast everywhere! Sometimes I find them in the weirdest places. I have found them for cheap in Grocery Outlet and Big Lots, both stores that mostly sell stuff for a lower price that didn't sell in the regular stores. These stores don't usually have SlimFast, so when I did see them, I grabbed a bunch. If you have any of these type of stores in your area you should check them out. You never know what you'll find. And on the bars...I like the muffin bars a lot more than the snack bars.

Tamara: How are you feeling about wedding plans? Like things are coming together, or like totally stressed? I know this time last year I was SO stressed out by all there was to do...and I wasn't changing jobs, didn't have a daughter, etc. I don't know how you do it!

I was doing some thinking last night about this weight loss jouney. So many people on this site (myself included) are so focused on losing a certain number of pounds per month or per week, and we get so discouraged if we only lose like one pound in a week. But last night I was thinking about the bigger picture. Say I live another 40-50 years. Thinking about that, does it really matter if it takes me 5 months or 10 months to lose my next 30 pounds? No. If I lose only one pound a week, I can still lose 30 pounds in less than a year from when I started. 50 pounds in a year is not bad! So, I'm going to try to give myself more of a break, if I don't lose a big number every week, and try to think about the big picture more.
Having said that, I still think goals are helpful, and they help push me to eat better and exercise more. So I'm not going to give up on making goals, just try to put them in better perspective. For example, my goal for this month is to lose 5 pounds. If I only lose 4, that's ok. Now, if I gain 4, that's not ok !!!
I hope what I'm saying is making some sense.

Hope you guys are all doing well....let us know, OK?
Beth

aprilcp12344
03-13-2008, 04:39 PM
So I have a problem now.

I'm not eating enough.

Urgh. I've probably only had like 600 calories all day. Maybe less.

But then again I have to re-fix my night time eating urges again. Plus it TOM(urgh) Haha it's terrible. Well... I guess I better go work out before I lose my ambition.

Bethbeth: I totally agree with what you're saying. It should be about the big picture. We should all try to work on that.

Have a Happy Thursday!

SunshineRunner
03-13-2008, 11:31 PM
April - nice to see you back and soooo glad your DBF is doing better...I was getting worried after not hearing from you in a bit. It's going to be tough to get back on track...but you can do it...you are one of the strong and motivated ones here on 3fc....and a slimfaster - we all kick arse!

Beth - you think a lot huh? :) j/k You definitely make a good statement. Losing slowly and steadily is very likely more beneficial for you in any case. I rarely set mini-goals (even though I have been successful in the ones I have set) because I don't want to fail...I'm just not one who takes failing very easily...and especially with these last few pounds...I really have slacked a bit...still seeing losses, but not like before...and I really don't think it has anything to do with the whole theory that the last few pounds are the hardest to lose physically....I know I have been just having too much fun with myself and that is the sole cause.

Tamara - Thank you once again for the kind words. Seriously...I find myself waiting to see your next post every single day. You are like my long lost sister on here :) Okay...that might be a bit much...but if you ever need a place in FL...well, I can save you a few bucks!!! You know...months and months ago when I first got started...you were the one who brought up the fact that I wasn't eating enough fruits/veggies in my diet...and seriously...you are the sole reason that I do now. You made one simple comment to me about it (before you disappeared for months on end!!!) and it stuck with me...so like you, you are an inspiration and huge source of encouragement for me. Thanks T!

Okay...on to me...I have been sick since yesterday afternoon. Have a cold and not in the gym for 2 days because of it. Hoping it is going away soon as I have full on plans to party all weekend long...yes, I am soooo addicted and in love with myself it is insane. I totally don't miss my old body whatsoever and just love getting out there. DBF and I are on the outs and are seriously very close to being done...so I don't really feel bad that I am always out and about. I know...not the greatest thing in life, but hey, we all move on from someone at some point...I'm just going through that right now....after 6 years. Ugh...

The scale (due to illness I'm sure) squeaked down to 166 today. I'm sure it'll be up a bit after the weekend...and I made up for not really eating today by having a decent size supper...but I'm fairly certain that I am under 1,000 calories for the day...but when you dont' feel good, sleep til noon and get up to only go back and take a nap....well...there just isn't that much time for eating. I'll be back on track in a day or so..plus I have to work tomorrow...so you know...I actually eat more on track when working....

New snack that I've found that might be addicting to me (therefore should not purchase too often) South Beach Diet has these little 100 calorie packs of Peanut Butter Cookies (2 small cookies in a package) and I can't recall - but I think 4 grams of fiber...well...they are delcious!!! Yum...I did have them for lunch today...haha...sick as I was...I was still thinking about those damn cookies...good thing they come pre-packaged in 100 calorie packs or else I'd have trouble stopping at just 2 cookies. Yum. Yum. Yum.

Well...I'm about to take some meds and zonk out again. Hope everyone is well. Don't forget to weigh in on Saturday if you can...I don't think I will be able to...but I'll check tomorrow morning and post that most likely....

P.S. - I'm not changing my ticker to 166 unless it's like that again tomorrow...we'll see...I have a love/hate relationship with being sick...I always lose weight but feel like it's not done fairly!!!

bethbeth
03-14-2008, 12:33 PM
Hey Lovely Ladies!

I lost 2 pounds this week! :carrot: I have now lost 10% of my starting weight!

Amanda~ I'm sorry to hear you're sick. I hope you're feeling better soon! Those cookies do sound good...

April~ Good to hear from you. It's good that you have noticed that you are not eating enough - that's the first step!

Everyone~ Good luck with your weigh-ins! I look forward to seeing them.

Beth

bethbeth
03-14-2008, 06:50 PM
I have a question for you guys!

Do you eat much rice, pasta, or similar starches? I haven't been eating much rice or pasta lately, but would like to add a little to my diet. Rice and pasta just seem to have so many calories, that it seems hard to fit into my plan.
Anyway, I'd love to hear how rice and pasta (and whatever you put on them!) fit into your plan if you would like to share!

Thanks,
Beth

SunshineRunner
03-17-2008, 09:41 AM
Hey Beth - I use the www.fibergourmet.com for my pasta....it's really low in calories and ridiculously high in fiber. It pretty much tastes like regular pasta - but I'd recommend getting the original style of pasta - it is pre-measured, and if you are like me, I have no clue what 2oz is similar to...and I'm not a fan of measuring...so the original kind comes in 1oz nests...so at least you know what you are getting. As far as sauces go..red sauces are generally lower in calories and what not than white sauces...however, once again, I have been known to make my own alfredo sauce while dieting, and done in moderation, it can be okay to have...just not too often. Rice...I just dont' really eat right now...not that I dislike it, but I just haven't desired it lately....

Karen31
03-17-2008, 01:02 PM
Good Morning Girls! Just wanted to let you know that we made it home last night about 9:00pm We had a good trip and didn't hit any bad weather until we got to a little town called Fowler which is about 100 miles from here. It started raining there and we ended up being about 35 degrees all the way across Kansas. But when we hit Pueblo---- it was about 28 degrees and snowing and windy! We ended up following a snowpolw all the way from Pueblo to Colorado Springs!! That is about 40 miles but the roads were so bad that I was Thankful we could follow him!!

My Dad is doing great! It is like he running on fast forward! SO that will take coms getting used to. He goes back to the Dr. in 2 weeks for a check up and then they will make any adjustments that need to be made.

I weighed this morning and I did gain back my 3 pounds but I don't want to change my ticker yet.. I'm going to try to work real hard this week and lose it again. What ever the scales say on Saturday I will change my ticker to. It was just so much fun being with the family but neither my 2 brothers or my sister do much cooking so we ate out everyday. I finally just decided to not worry about it and enjoy it. BUT I think if I had lost more than just 3 pounds before going (like maybe 10 or more) I would have really been a lot more selective!
Anyway, have tons of laundry to get done and still need to get our breakfast dishes done. We had several people look at the house while we were gone but no offers as of yet.
Everybody have a good day and I'll check back later.

bethbeth
03-17-2008, 03:39 PM
Hey there! Where are you guys?
I had a good weekend. I went to the mall and got a new pair of jeans in a smaller size, and some new underwear.
I found something new at the grocery store this weekend. Weight Watchers ice cream bars were on sale. The fudge bars (100 calories) and Oreo Cookie bars (130 calories) are GOOD. I'm hooked.
I did have a weak moment and bought a package of Cadbury Cream Egg's. I LOVE them. I ate one (150 calories). I'll save another one for Easter, and hopefully my husband will eat the other two!
Something good to report....my husband gave me cookies for Valentine's Day, and I still have a bunch of them sitting on the counter that I haven't eaten. I'm going to throw them out soon.

Karen - I'm glad to hear you're back and had a good trip. It's also good to hear that you're not too discouraged by the 3 pounds. Life happens, and I know you'll be able to lose them again!

Hope you're all doing well,
Beth

lindsay989
03-17-2008, 06:28 PM
Hiya I posted in another thread and was welcomed to come here and post with you lot so hi! Im new to this forum but not dieting thats for sure, your typical yo-yo dieter here but this time I am really going to try. Printed out all these sheets to write exactly what I eat and what exercise I do so it is cold hard facts if im bad, so hopefully I wont be! My partner is also putting all my measurments and weight into excel and will let it calculate week by week how im doing. Im pulling out all the stops this time to have a good go at it and now finding this forum hopefully I can do it with support :)

jazzyabby
03-17-2008, 06:35 PM
Hi everyone! I am just starting my fitness plan... I'm trying slimfast because I bought it a few months back and it's still sitting on the counter... What routine do you all recommend... I would like to loose about 50lbs but 100 would put me at the "normal" weight for my height... I'm a college student and I live in the dorms... So the commons food is something that i have to eat everyday!

bethbeth
03-17-2008, 06:51 PM
:wave:Welcome Lindsay and JazzyAbby! I'm so glad you found our Slim Fasters thread! I hope you'll stick around, ask questions, and let us get to know you! Those of us participating in this thread are getting to know each other, and it really does help to have accountability! We all approach Slim Fast a little differently, some stick more to what Slim Fast recommends, and some have evolved into their own plans.
Have you checked out the Slim Fast site? (www.slimfast.com) There's lots of good info there on how to get started. As for me, I usually eat a Slim Fast meal on the go bar for breakfast (oatmeal raisin is my favorite), another Slim Fast meal bar and maybe 1/2 a sandwich and an apple for lunch, and a dinner with lots of veggies. I have a shake instead of a meal bar a couple of times a week, but my stomach can't handle them too often. I think it's too much milk for me. I also have 3 snacks, and aim for around 1500 calories per day and 4-5 fruits/veggies per day. I am also exercising around 5-6 days a week.
I have lost 10% of my starting weight and can't wait for 15%!
I hope to learn more about you two. Keep us posted on how you're doing and feel free to ask questions too!
Beth

lindsay989
03-17-2008, 07:39 PM
As you just said about milk i shouldnt actually drink it i havnt been told not to but i cant tollerate it, after drinking milk or any dairy i feel really sick but slim fast is so much easier to stick to then other diets; As you replace meals with shakes or bars and not eat other food, where with other diets you still eat and its harder to watch what you are eating. I need all the support I can get with the diet and continuing with the milk lol its not too bad I feel okay after about 15 minutes and its skimmed!

bethbeth
03-17-2008, 07:51 PM
Lindsay~
They do have lactose free SF shakes. I haven't tried them, as I think I remember them being more expensive. Maybe I'll try them sometime!
I love the SF plan, because there's nothing that is totally off limits, as long as I can factor it into my daily calories. I don't have to eliminate all ice cream, carbs, or anything. Some other diets are so restrictive, I could never do it!
Hope you stick around!
Beth

tleef
03-18-2008, 08:48 PM
I've been gone SO LONG! LOL

Well girls I had an absolutely fantastic scrapbooking weekend! I actually got 10 whole pages done, which is amazing since it normally takes me hours and hours to do a single page! Anyhow it was interesting with the food. Every day there were three meals and three snacks. Not great as far as healthy food goes, but I made it work and so far haven't gained anything. I also didn't lose anything for last week...still sitting at 196...:( Oh well....onwards and downwards! LOL

Beth: The wedding plans are feeling very overwhelming at times. I just can't seem to keep ahead of things! The really scary part is that right now I'm in a little bit of a lull...but about 8 weeks before the wedding things are going to go nuts and I'll still be brand new at my full-time job. Oh well...I'm a trooper and so I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and hope for the best. Congratulations on another 2lbs loss! You totally Rock! As for the rice and pasta I do eat them. I use brown rice and whole wheat pasta (still haven't managed to order the Fiber Gourmet pasta...but it's supposed to be really good and easy to fit into any plan)...with potatoes I only eat sweet pots and yams...very, very rarely do I eat white potatoes. Watch out for those Cream Eggs....I love them too, but they're the devil in a cadbury coating! LOL

Amanda: Thanks for letting me know that I had an influence with your weight loss journey. I'm sooo glad to help. And I might just take you up on that offer some day. I've only ever been to Orlando...but I'd love to see more of your beautiful state! And then we can go party with our skinny selves! LOL

Karen: I'm so glad to hear that things worked out with your dad! I hope you'll have him around for a bunch more years now that they've fixed his heart. Don't worry about a little gain...I find that sometimes when I'm away from home my biggest downfall is the lack of water. Once I get back on the 2L a day of water...things even back out again fast!

Lindsay: :welcome3: to our little group. This is by far the best support group I've even been a part of. It's so great to get information and ideas from so many different people...all with different starting points...different goals...different plans and yet we all share the common goal of getting healthy! I hope you'll post often and also post in our weekly WI thread! I wonder if you've tried the lactose free SF products? Another alternative is to eliminate the shakes and use the bars instead...that way you don't have to take milk if it upsets your tummy. Or maybe, use lactaid milk instead...or even light soy milk or light almond breeze? Not sure what that would be like, but if you've got issues with lactose, why put your poor guts through the torture! LOL

Jazzy: :welcome3: to you also! Sounds like you're ready to join and kick some butt! I thing one of the best ways to get started is to visit the SF.com website and see what a meal plan would look like for you. It's totally free and will give you a good idea of what a day's worth of food should look like. Hope to see you post often!

Barb? Jax? April? AnnCan? How are all of you doing? Hope I didn't miss anyone!

Talk to you all soon!
Cheers,
T

aprilcp12344
03-18-2008, 10:52 PM
I finally am back on track. Exercising and today was the first day I ate right since last week. It feels pretty good!

I have already exercised twice this week and I am just waiting for all the snow to go away so we can get out doors. Right now it is a gaint mess of mudd and ice.

We are moving again. It has been a weird new year. This time over 100 miles away!! It's all soo exciting... packing... well isn't. Lol.

I'm back up to 180, but noticed that the scale really varies from day to day, so I'm back to my once a week routine. I haven't weighed myself since Sunday, and I hope to stick to that. I'm going to leave my ticker the same until Sunday and then see where I am at.

Ran out of SF yesterday. Hopefully I will get my butt in gear and go get some more soon!!

Congrats everyone!

Welcome newcomers! You guys(gals) are always welcome!

bethbeth
03-20-2008, 01:12 PM
Hello Lovely Ladies~
It's good to see you back Tamara and April!

April ~ Are you moving for a new job? Just for fun?

Tamara ~ I'm glad you had a great trip. And I hear you on feeling overwhelmed. This time last year I was totally stressed out with wedding plans. I just couldn't believe how much stuff there was that needed to get done. But it somehow manages to get done. And if the table centerpieces (or whatever) don't turn out EXACTLY like you had dreamed about....it really won't matter.
When we got really stressed out we would say something like, "even if ______ doesn't get done, we're still going to be married by the end of that day." And that would make us smile. Even if we didn't have bridesmaid dresses or a cake or whatever...we were still getting married and all the other details really weren't THAT important.
It will be a beautiful day and you will be beautiful.

I've been watching the Biggest Loser on You Tube (search for "Biggest Loser Australia 1"). I love it! My motivation has been low the last couple of days, and watching a bunch of it yesterday really pumped me up. I couldn't wait to go to the gym and work hard last night. I ran 1/2 a mile, then went to an hour step arobics class, and then jumped on the elliptical for anther 10 minutes. I got all sweaty, and it felt great!
This morning is my husband's last final of the quarter and then he is on Spring Break. I'm going to take a couple of days off next week to do something with him, but we don't know what yet. This weekend is Easter, and we don't have any plans either. We haven't heard of either of families getting together.
Well, I better get back to work.
Love you guys!
Beth

aprilcp12344
03-20-2008, 09:42 PM
Moving for both... and to be closer to my daddy. Ahh... I can't wait. :}

SunshineRunner
03-21-2008, 11:21 AM
Hello Ladies - I hope everyone is doing well this week. I'm living with a lot of boyfriend stress...but I'll get through it and over it - it's causing me to not lose weight like I'm used to....which sucks. I'm ready to be done with the weight loss portion of my journey and on to the maintenance portion. I know...we all want to be there....I have just been off track for a bit and not as hard core as I've always been....but working on getting back to hard core.

Have a great weekend !
~A

bethbeth
03-21-2008, 03:40 PM
Hello Lovely Ladies~

Well, I posted a one pound loss for the week. While I would love to see a bigger loss, it is a loss, and I am happy for that.

I hope you guys all have a fabulous weekend, and don't go too off plan at holiday parties! Happy Easter.
Beth

:bunny2::easter2: :bunny2:

sweetlovin
03-22-2008, 12:53 AM
Hey guys I have so many slimfasts left so I decided to use them. Here's the plan I am planning to use.
5:00am- 1 hour of exercise
Breakfast- Slimfast
Snack- Celery Sticks & half a cucumber sliced
Lunch- Slimfast
Snack- High fiber organic granola bar.
Dinner- Grilled Chicken Salad with vegetables.
Snack: Serving of fruit
Night- 1 hour of exercise

Opinions on this plan would be appreciated because I am trying to speed up my metabolism. I think it's really slow from past eating issues which is why I gain weight

Karen31
03-22-2008, 01:10 AM
Hello everybody! Just thought that I would pop in tonight and say Hello! My computer has been a mess this past week and today after spending 4 hours on the phone with MSN and getting absolutely no where---- I undid their "fix" and fixed it all myself! So frustrating!

Anyway, I will be getting on the dreaded scales in the morning and will post my weight and change my ticker no matter which way it goes. I'm hoping downward but it hasn't been a really good week as far as exercise. So I'm prepared. Hope everyone has a good night and HAPPY EASTER!!

aprilcp12344
03-22-2008, 01:49 AM
Does anyone on here us turkey burgers and/or veggie burgers? Do they taste good? Do they taste that much different then normal hamburgh?

I really want to try them... Are they that much better for you?

What brands do you suggest I try?

Thanks!

sweetlovin
03-22-2008, 11:18 AM
^boca burgers are thought to be amazing

sweetlovin
03-22-2008, 11:45 AM
Can you guys maybe share what kinds of food you buy at the grocery store while on this plan? I have some ideas but I need more

tleef
03-22-2008, 02:22 PM
Good morning SF Beauties!

Hope everyone is thus far surviving the temptation to cram Cadbury Cream Eggs in the mouth! LOL

Beth: Good for you! Another pound down! I'll be really glad when the wedding stuff is over. And we already do that...at the end of the day we'll be married, regardless of all the other stuff affirmation. But I'm a very controlling personality so to not have everything going exactly according to plan is a little hard for me. I realize that once in a while I have to "let go", but it's difficult cause that's just not the type of person I am. Oh well...it's only as overwhelming as I make it.

Amanda: Too bad you're having boyfriend issues. You'll be glad when you find someone that you know right away you want to be with and then suddenly that "who should I date next" thing goes right out the window. Until then though...don't get stressed out about it. There is something to be said for being young, single and independant! You're feeling so good about yourself with your journey almost into maintenance...why weigh yourself down! No pun intended! LOL Have fun, enjoy life, do exciting things and remember that when the right person comes along there won't be any stress (at least not in the beginning) and it will just feel perfect! Enjoy dating...enjoy boys trying to impress you...enjoy being able to kiss as many fellas as you like...enjoy being the centre of attention!

Karen: Let's hope that you can record a loss this week...but if not...whatever! None of us got overweight fast and if we have weeks with no loss then that's life...in the long run you're becoming a healthier, happier person for your journey. You will gain knowledge and skills that will help you to keep a healthy weight for the rest of your life...so if you have a week or 2 or 5 with no loss and no gain, there is nothing wrong with that!

April: Good luck with the move! I despise moving and yet I love the fact that when you're packing you get to put your hands on and reflect on just about every single thing you own. I always use that time to decide if I really need everything. If I haven't used it in a year I give it away to someone that will likely use it more than me. I'm also a bit of an organizational freak so I love being able to start from scratch and put everything in it's "own" place when I move. I love deciding which cupboard will be for what, etc. I know...I'm weird, but it's still kinda fun!

sweetlovin: I utilize the slimfast.com website tools quite a bit. You can choose the foods you want for your plan for a week in advance and then you can actually print up a shopping list that shows exactly what you'll need for the week...including quantities! I love it!

I hope everyone else is doing well!

I'm down 1lbs so I won't complain! I'm surprised because I drank WAY too much on Thursday (my last day at the old job)...but I was careful about what I ate. Also I was so terribly hung over yesterday I barely ate anything. :D LOL

Everyone have a terrific weekend!

Cheers,
Tamara

bethbeth
03-24-2008, 07:40 PM
Hey ladies! Congratulations on losing weight this last week! How did you all survive Easter? My mother-in-law was in town and took us out to lunch, to a buffet of all places. I tried to be good!

I bought a new shirt yesterday that is a little smaller. I am wearing it today and my boss commented on how I am looking slimmmer. It feels good!
My husband and I are going on a short vacation to the beach this week...from Wednesday to Friday. I'm really excited to get away, but a little worried about eating out a lot. I want to have fun, but don't want to gain weight either. It will be tough to balance.

I do eat some 160 calorie turkey burgers, though I don't know what brand I have. I don't put them on a bun or anything, just eat one with some spicy zero-calorie mustard on top. It makes a good dinner with a salad and green beans.

Sweetlovin: I buy SF products (of course) bananas, oranges, apples, baby carrots, salad, frozen green beans & broccoli, frozen dinner's (lean cuisine or smart ones), non-fat yogurt, fiber one cereal (to put in the yogurt), almonds, pretzels, special K bars, soups, Weight Watchers ice cream bars, and probably some other things!

Hope you're all doing well! Let's make this another great week!
Beth

Edit: I got another compliment today! A woman I work with saw me and asked if I've been losing weight, and said I lood good! Wow! A new shirt got me 2 compliments today! :)

SunshineRunner
03-28-2008, 11:45 AM
Are y'all as off track as I am??? Not gaining, but not losing either....still having too much fun...oh well, just checking in.
~A

sweetlovin
03-28-2008, 12:31 PM
Sweetlovin: I buy SF products (of course) bananas, oranges, apples, baby carrots, salad, frozen green beans & broccoli, frozen dinner's (lean cuisine or smart ones), non-fat yogurt, fiber one cereal (to put in the yogurt), almonds, pretzels, special K bars, soups, Weight Watchers ice cream bars, and probably some other things!

Thanks, that helps a lot!

aprilcp12344
03-28-2008, 11:13 PM
Gatoramanda- Haha... I feel a little better now. Not gaining not losing either. I will check the scales tomorrow for sure though. BF has been craving cookies... so I help eat them lol. But I only had two!! That's better then what I would of done before.

So I tried that tofu pasta that is 20 calories a serving. It tasted okay, but I felt like I was gonna gag for the next 3 hours?? It was crazy. I'll try the rest at another time and see how it goes. Anyone else tried this stuff?

Well we move on Sunday, so we won't have internet for a while, but I will try to check in.

My calories have been pretty low this week. Under 1500 everyday.

Hope everyone is doing great!!

Karen31
03-29-2008, 12:09 PM
Good Morning! Well, I am up a pound this week! Darn It! But I'm not surprised since it has been so hard to get back on track and stay there since we got back from Mo. I'm going over right now and post it on the weigh in thread. Got to take the ups along with the downs!! And then tonight we are celebrating our oldest grandsons birthday (missed it while we were in MO.) and he wants spaghetti and I made a cake) So tonight sure won't be on plan! But after not being able to see him in about 10 years because of a bitter break up --- I'm definitely going to enjoy it tonight!

Still no serious bites on our house but I'm tryingto be patient! I saw several people stop and pick up flyers at the end of the driveway yesterday so hoping that they call the realtor and come to see it!

Just wanted to pop in for a minute and say Hello.. Better get busy and get everything done. Take care and have a good day!

bethbeth
03-31-2008, 01:20 PM
Hello Lovely Ladies~
My husband and I had a wonderful 5-day weekend. It was great to get away from work and home and spend time together. We went to the beach for a few days and saw sun, rain, hail, and snow! I was worried I would gain weight because we ate out several times, but I am so happy that I didn't.
I have a bunch of great things to report:

1) I lost 2 pounds last week!
2) I have met my goal to lose 5 pounds this month!
3) I am way over my goal to exercise 1000 minutes this month!
4) I have lost 25 pounds, which is halfway to my long term goal!
5) I am no longer obese!

How are you all doing? Please keep posting and let us know how you're doing!
Beth

bethbeth
03-31-2008, 02:33 PM
Question for you guys~

Anyone thinking about joining the next Biggest Loser competition? Deadline to sign up is April 19th. I'm thinking about it.

Beth

Karen31
04-03-2008, 11:45 AM
Good Morning everyone! I sure hope everyone is doing great! I've looked for a new April thread but so far I haven't found one----I hope we don't lose all the people here that have been doing so well!
Everybody have a great day!!!