100 lb. Club - This time is different because...

View Full Version : This time is different because...

LisaF
03-01-2008, 08:02 PM
Most of us have tried to lose weight before; some of us have been trying for years. But we're here at 3FC because we know that this time, we're on the right track. I thought it would be nice to share why this time is different, and why we know that this time we're going to be sucessful.

I'll start:

This time is different because I'm just as focused on changing my mental habits as I am my physical ones.

Lisa

dandk0204
03-01-2008, 09:31 PM
This time is different because I am motivated to do anything!

KimL1214
03-01-2008, 09:36 PM
This time is different because I'm receiving more support than criticism for once and I have finally internalized the desire to be healthy and realized that I actually have to work to do so (I had always hoped that if I just thought about it, it would happen, such an optimist :)).

Rayelle
03-01-2008, 09:56 PM
This time its different because I am on a very healthy plan that I know works and because I am tired of being fat.

jordan
03-01-2008, 10:17 PM
This time is different because my life depends on it, and I am finally willing to admit that.
This time is different because I realize it is a battle against not merely food but a battle for control through discipline, planning, and commitment.

Tonia
03-01-2008, 11:15 PM
This time is different because I have finally wrapped my brain around what needs to be done here - and I am willing to do it!

Healthy Mama
03-01-2008, 11:49 PM
This time is different because I want to be healthy for life - not just skinny.

Lyn2007
03-02-2008, 12:43 AM
Because I KNOW I can do it. I just... know...

Gela
03-02-2008, 01:09 AM
This time is different because I'm doing it the right way, slow and healthy. It's also different because I've realized the health risks I have.

tingirl
03-02-2008, 09:30 AM
This time is different because I'm doing this for me! Not because someone else wants me to do it and not to be thin for a special event. I deserve to be healthy and happy and I'm going to have it.

Merksie
03-02-2008, 09:52 AM
This time is different because I'm ready to stay with these habits for the rest of my life . . . no "vacations" from a healthy lifestyle are possible!

rockinrobin
03-02-2008, 10:06 AM
This is such a great thread. All of the reasons already stated are definitely my reasons why this time it's different for me as well.

I will have to of course put my 2 cents in ;).

This time it was/is different for me because I finally realized that I did indeed have control over my health/weight and that if I didn't want to be fat and miserable - well I just didn't have to be. AND I finally, finally accepted that I simply could not have it both ways - I couldn't have the high calorie/high quantity food in my life and be that happy, healthy, fit, energetic, productive person I so badly wanted to be.

Tonia
03-02-2008, 11:03 AM
This time is different because I have finally learned to love my body no matter the size...and because I love it I want it to be in great shape! ;)

Katheryne
03-02-2008, 01:24 PM
All my other attempts at losing weight focused on losing as much weight in as short amount of time as humanly possible, and had no regard for my health or sustainable approaches. It had to happen NOW or it wasn't worth doing, and my only reason was to look better.

This time is different because I'm focusing more on my health; on feeling better and keeping myself as healthy and happy as possible. I've taken a path that's slow but sustainable, and the scale is not my only measure of success.

It's motivated by self-love, and not self-hate.

Judith6
03-02-2008, 05:01 PM
This time is different, because I no longer NEED the foods that made me fat.

michellenew
03-02-2008, 05:11 PM
this time is different because i want to get healthy for life, and i got all the suport that i needed to do this....to change my life , the way i eat and spend my free time.
michellenew

hafowler
03-02-2008, 06:46 PM
This time is different because...

Well, it's hard to explain. But it's the same feeling I had when I finally quit smoking for good four years ago. I had tried before, but this time, I just said, "That's it. I'm done."

And I was. I haven't even had an urge to smoke since.

Now, of course, changing your relationship with food and your body is different -- you can't (or at least shouldn't!) just quit food. But I'm coming at changing my mindset, habits, and lifestyle in a completely different, more holistic way, and I HAVE QUIT mistreating my body with overeating and a sedentary lifestyle!

bigtxmomma
03-02-2008, 07:26 PM
These are wonderful to read. =D

I have no idea what the difference is this time. I think the difference for me is that I am exercising, and I am less ashamed of my body now than I have been my whole life. (Even though I am still ashamed of it.) And that I forgive myself for going off-plan. Moving past it is soooo much better than giving up.

FB
03-02-2008, 07:58 PM
This time is different because I've proven myself wrong. I had resigned myself to being fat, convinced I had dug (or ate) my way into a hole too deep to get out of.
I went into this January 1st of this year halfheartedly, as a dare to myself. A dare I didn't think I would win. And now, a little over 8 weeks later I'm 32 pounds lighter!
I can see the light now and I realize I can do anything, change anything and get out of this mess I ate myself into!

wyoming
03-02-2008, 08:58 PM
This time is different because I started this process on my own prompting. I started to think about the things I feel like I can't do right now and the culprit for most of it is my weight...I started to think, but that's good because that's something that I can actually change!! So I'm going to do it, and I'm not scared at how long it takes for me to get it right.

Apple Cheeks
03-02-2008, 09:16 PM
This time is different because I just know it.

I know what I need to do, and I'm actually doing it.

I've accepted that I can't just eat junk food & be lazy without negative consequences.

I can finally see myself sticking to my eating & exercise plan until I'm old and gray. :)

Hopefulpinkangel
03-02-2008, 10:28 PM
This time is different because I finally truly have confidence in myself. I firmly believe that I can do it. I also want my son to grow up in a heathly, active environment so that he won't have to go through what I am going through and the only way to accomplish that is to become a healthy and active person! I want our family to be the kind of family that goes on hikes together and eats all kind of yummy healthy foods.

I'm on my way! :)

Cate426
03-03-2008, 12:55 AM
Great thread.

I can't really describe why its different this time...Its kind of funny actually.

About two weeks ago, I woke up and said "that's it...i'm not doing this anymore. I'm done." And all the others times i wanted to lose weight because of an event...such as my parents told me I was fat or i looked bad in clothing.

But this time, for some reason I cant explain, the numbers on the scale don't really matter. I want to be healthy. I'm done with 'dieting'...I am changing my life once and for all.

I also noticed a change when I had birthday cake a week or so back...I wasn't miserable afterwards like all the other times, rather I said to my self "that's life...there are going to be times when i eat cake." I guess this time I am just taking one meal at a time, and I am not going to wallow in self-hatred if I eat a piece of cheesecake. I am GOING to eat unhealthy food once in a while...telling myself that I cannot eat bad things is just unrealistic.

Does that make sense? lol

xGurlyGrlx
03-03-2008, 01:27 AM
This time is different for me because....it just "clicked" for me.
I don't know what really happened...but all of a sudden I decided I was tried of being overweight and unhealthy. I went to the bookstore the next day and bought the south beach diet book and went to the store. I didn't even fully read the book before I started and my start day was a Friday. I didn't do the "I will just start on Monday..." like I usually would. I will not fail. I have more determination this time than I have ever had. My bf is also supporting me and going along with the new way of eating! I figured out that I control food, food doesn't control me. The key to happiness is not through my mouth.

GirlyGirlSebas
03-03-2008, 07:42 AM
This time is different because I won't allow myself to quit. No matter how tough it gets or how many times I have to pick myself back up and keep going....I refuse to be a quitter! For once, I will do what I've always dreamed of doing.....become a healthy slender woman who enjoys life to the fullest.

barbygirl43
03-03-2008, 10:21 AM
This time is different because I am truly focusing more on my health and less on the ## on the scale. I do struggle some days about wanting to lose xxx amount of weight but I remind myself at how much better I feel because I'm eating better and I'm exercising.

MamaToTomAndAlex
03-03-2008, 12:22 PM
This time is different because I am finally disgusted enough at myself for taking 15 years trying to lose weight and basically failing. Enough is enough. If I fail at failing this time, I'll never be able to forgive myself for it.

Kerry
x

Beverlyjoy
03-03-2008, 12:34 PM
This time is different for me for many reasons....

I have many more "tools" than ever before - like daily meditation, journalling my food, and willingness to try.

I have this website - which has people in all phases of health and weight loss. It means alot to me to be around folks that have actually reached a goal and are maintaining their weight loss.

This time I have taken it more seriously - what the doctors say about my health - my heart, pancreas, blood fats and sugars and more. I have a new Grandbaby - I want to watch him grow up.

And with myself...this time I seem more able to pick up, get back, and carry on when I overeat or binge. I have less of a more or nothing attitude.

For the first time ever in losing weight...I have a little bit of hope for the future to finally find sanity with food.

cw61
03-03-2008, 12:49 PM
This time is different because I'm way more concerned about being beautiful on the inside (healthy heart, colon, liver, mind, spirit etc.) then I am about being beautiful on the outside. In the past it's always been about appearance.

LaurieDawn
03-03-2008, 03:04 PM
This time is different for me because I have changed my definition of what is "normal" for me. It is normal for me to eat well and exercise, and I know I will go back to that even when I stray.