Old 03-01-2008, 02:33 PM   #1  
Member w/ messiest house

Default MaRcHiNg to the MOO of a different Cow

There, it must be March Madness.

Or Snow Blindness.

Happy First of March

Think Spring

Yeah right.

Last edited by Marti; 04-08-2008 at 12:49 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:10 AM   #2  
loves kleenex box art

I was so dazzled by that flower that I forgot what I was going to say. I just listened to an interview with Carrie Fisher and found out how witty she is. She doesn't lead a life; she follows it around. When she gave up drugs, she changed seats on the Titanic and took up glitter.

It's still snowing up there? I am very surprised as the snowbirds are all leaving now. Do they know it's snowing? Some snowbirds are lovely but a lot are amazingly and unattractively cheap. Some people leave their pennies for other customers to use to avoid a lot of change. Watching this nicely dressed woman scoop them and put them in her purse while her husband watched made me feel ill. It was 11 cents, I think, and disturbing.

Happy March yourself.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:03 PM   #3  
loves kleenex box art

I am just posting to get this thread to the top, over the Feb. thread.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:33 AM   #4  

I made the transition to March. Regrettably DH is still trying to squeeze appropriate performance out of my new computer. Old MotherBoard fried. New one only wanted to run @#$%'d Vista... so there have been re-formatting, LAN, and mail issues to solve. Feh.

And it's supposed to get thundery and cold tonight.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:30 AM   #5  
fatter than U

Unhappy wahhh

I'm sad today.

Last Thursday (which was DS-now-15's birthday!) Mummy phoned from Vancouver to say that her cousin's wife in England had passed away. She had been battling cancer for soooo long and it was really a blessing, but still. Mum also said a dear friend of hers had had a massive stroke and was not doing well and that middle brother's ex-mother-in-law (my parents were still quiet close to her) who had lung cancer for what also seemed like years wasn't expected to make it through the night. Never smoked a day in her life and still gets lung cancer. Oooog. E-mail late last night confirmed that these two lovely ladies had also passed away on Friday and Saturday. *sigh* TOO much bad stuff. I wasn't really that close to any of these women, but thinking how the loved ones they left behind must be feeling right now is making me cry.

On a more optimistic note, Dh's 46th birthday is tomorrow and I'm making rack of lamb. Yum.

On a less optimistic note, I feel REALLY barfy. I hope it's not the dreaded Noro-Virus that's going around. I will drink ginger tea and shop for groceries and ignore it.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:33 AM   #6  
fatter than U

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
Some snowbirds are lovely but a lot are amazingly and unattractively cheap. Some people leave their pennies for other customers to use to avoid a lot of change. Watching this nicely dressed woman scoop them and put them in her purse while her husband watched made me feel ill. It was 11 cents, I think, and disturbing.
Well that's how they afford those expensive motor homes. "A penny saved is a penny towards the new Winnebago".
Old 03-03-2008, 10:35 AM   #7  
loves kleenex box art

We have 100 percent chance of rain tomorrow. I think this is Painty's rain today and what she doesn't use up, we get. I prefer it to rain when I'm at home. Painty, could you hold on to it til Thursday? No. Never mind. DS will be home on the weekend and that should be nice weather. Unless --- you could keep it a couple of weeks?

Sugar, So sorry. I'd be sad, too. Too much at once.

I don't know about rack of lamb. Whenever people buy lamb in my store, I think about the book of Leviticus and how they had to sacrifice these specific part of animals there and there. Lambs are too small to hide what part it is. I'm sure it's yummy though and the fat makes a "pleasing aroma."

A penny saved should not be one you stole from the counter at the supermarket. People leave them there for the specific purpose of making the cashier's day easier. That's how I see it anyhow.

DS is now a certified or licensed or something fencing judge. Can work at tournaments which doesn't pay money, I think, but travel is free.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:29 PM   #8  

Aaaah, Sugar, I'll be sad right along with you. It just does seem to be too much at times.

I'm trying to eat myself into some kind of comfort, but it doesn't seem to be working. It's just making me really fat and sad. At first, I was losing weight like crazy, now I'm eating everything in sight. I don't like myself very much right now.

My dryer is on the fritz. Actually it's gone beyond the fritz and just quit working. I have no clean clothes so I can't go out of the house. Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. I'm also out of coffee. I can go through the Starbuck's drive up window in my dirty sweats and take care of that.

Bunco is next Saturday so I'm sure that will make life worthwhile. Waaaaaahhhhh! ... and this is exactly why I don't like myself right now. I'm such a whiney baby.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:54 PM   #9  
fatter than U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post

A penny saved should not be one you stole from the counter at the supermarket. People leave them there for the specific purpose of making the cashier's day easier. That's how I see it anyhow.
Ackk! Sorry, I should learn to read. I thought she was just taking her OWN change, NOT someone else's. You're right, that is very gauche and uncouth. Bad, bad snowbirds.

Yes a pleasing aroma. I have no idea what I'm doing, but dh loves dem little lambs.

Wabby - WE love you no matter if you are thin or not so thin or happy or sad.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:12 AM   #10  
loves kleenex box art

Seattle is beautiful. Fog blankets the city in early morning hours. You can see a classic view of the city from Queen Anne Hill. The skyline at sunset is gorgeous. If you look down from a plane you can see the Olympic Mountains and the Space Needle and other big stuff all at the same time. Pioneer Square is really really cute and has a statue of a cow with a coyote or doggie on its back. How do I know all this???? Wabby sended me POSTCARDS>>!!! yay Oh Yay. I love Wabby.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:50 AM   #11  

Aw, Sug.. I'm with you on the difficulty of dealing with big gobs of grief. It was so bad last month, I bought a new book about it! (when in doubt buy a book and eat cookies -- that's my motto) Anyway, it was a pretty good one-- it's called Staring at the Sun by I. Yalom. It's a dirty trick to get to a turning point in our own lives where other people's difficulties remind us of OUR mortality. Grrr.

Wabby... I agree with SugP -- We love you no matter what. I'm so glad to see you posting.

My weekend adventures include a new computer that is almost configured as thorougly as the previous one (RIP, MotherBoard), and definitely FASTER. I still haven't located my old email files which survived on the old hard drive, though.
And today my MD said some words you never want to hear. You can read them here.
Oh, and it snowed tonight. If I weren't up so late, I'd probably have missed it. It's supposed to be 53 tomorrow... I don't know if it will even last past sun-up. (Sorry, Cowpernia.. couldn't keep it here till Thursday!)
Attached Images
File Type: gif march-snow.gif (99.4 KB, 6 views)
Old 03-04-2008, 10:36 AM   #12  
loves kleenex box art

Painty, I read the words I'd never want to hear and have to say that I have heard them myself within the past two weeks.

It snowed?? Send that. Send the snow.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:04 PM   #13  
Member w/ messiest house

My goodness, what is it doing snowing in Texas in March? The world has gone cuckoo. Glad you didn't have the scarier diagnosis, Painty. "Those words" can really get your adrenaline going, eh?

Sorry to hear about all your bad news, Sug. How depressing.

I got a scare last night when I heard from my mom -- my stepfather is in the hospital for the 3rd time in a month. But it was not the same thing as before, which was diagnosed and taken care of; this time they were concerned about stroke or cardiovascular issues. He's feeling fine though and just putting up with a ton of tests. They will probably declare him healthy as a horse as usual and tweak his meds or something. I hate to hear that he is not feeling well because it's so unlike him. After 90someodd years of vigorous health, why start getting sick now, eh? Well, I think I'll find him a funny card and send him photos of snow plowing or something; he'll enjoy that.

This house stinks. Do you think I should clean it? I hate cleaning. You do it.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:45 PM   #14  
Member w/ messiest house

Did I mention that DD got into her study abroad in Oman and we have been reading up on the particulars? She will have to get a whole new wardrobe, it looks like. When in public, she'll have to wear an abaya and cover her head (not sure that she has to wear this, but probably will at least have one), and even at home (she will stay with a host family) and in class, she has to be covered from shoulders to knees, no tight clothing (unless it's covered with loose clothing), no sleeveless tops. It's going to be interesting and a challenge.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:08 AM   #15  
loves kleenex box art

Will you be sewing then, Kiwi? Can you make them up print material? Maybe your own Scots clan plaid could liven it up. Dismal.
Closed Thread