Fitness Videos - WATP March Chat

View Full Version : WATP March Chat

LynseyLikes2Lose
03-01-2008, 09:55 AM
I hope it's ok that I started this. I had a bad last week of Feb and wanted to jump into the next month.

I just finished some chest exercises with my 3 pound hand weights and as soon as my laundry is done (in about 10 minutes) I am going to push myself. I have my 5 mile advanced dvd, stretchie, ab belt, hand weights, and tennis shoes waiting for me and then when I'm done with that I'm doing the 3 mile weight loss walk. I thought it was too easy before so I bought 3 pound hand weights and am going to see if I like it any better that way. If not, it will be a good cool down.

What weight do you use for hand weights when doing the videos? I didn't get Leslie's I just got some Reebok ones from target with removable hand things. LOL. Sorry, can't think of what they are called. I had 2 pound ones when I was in high school but I can't find them anywhere. I thought 3 would be a little bit more of a push anyway. Or should I have gotten 5? Is that too much? I guess I'll start with these and see where I should go from there.

sapphireheather
03-01-2008, 11:39 AM
WOW, I've been absent from this forum for a couple weeks. I have been doing Leslie's workouts pretty much every day I dont' make it to the gym and lately I've only been getting to the gym once a week. lol I got a few new Leslie DVDs yesterday and I have a couple more on the way. Did the Walk Slim 4 Really Big Miles this morning. Killer workout! I loved it, it went by so quickly too.

Lynsey, I don't have the weights that Leslie uses. I use dumbbells. Depending on my mood and energy level, I'll use either my 2, 3 or 5 pound weights during the workouts. I think it would be wise to start low and work your way up to heavier weights. You may find that the 3s are enough to start with and later bump up to 5s. Good luck! :)

Heather

LynseyLikes2Lose
03-01-2008, 01:21 PM
Got all 8 miles done! I was getting a side ache about mile 4 but I kept pluggin along. Mile 5 and then mile 1 of the 3 mile really helped me get back my energy so I was ready for that busy second mile.

LynseyLikes2Lose
03-01-2008, 01:22 PM
Oh, and I think I'm going to go for 100 miles in march! I better make a new ticker!

Cheree
03-01-2008, 02:56 PM
Heather, did you order the Walk Slim 4 Really Big Miles from Leslie Sansone's website? I've been watching it on Amazon (they have it listed for $11.99 (ETA: today (3/2) they have it listed for $9.99 instead of $11.99 on pre-order) and they say it will be available on May 6, 2008. It's great to have your review of it because I wasn't sure I wanted to order it or not. Thanks!

Lynsey, I use 3 and 5 pound weights. I usually start off with the 3 pound weights, then when she says to pick up the weights, then I switch to the 5 pound weights. Something in one of my wrists really starts hurting if I use 5 pound weights throughout a really long workout, but that could be an "old age" thing (I'm 57). Anyway, if I can, with almost every workout I do, I use weights the entire time (except if it is a stretchie or walk belt workout). Congrats for getting through 8 miles!! Thanks for starting the March thread.

I'm not sure which one I'm going to do today...maybe 1 (or 2) of my new ones!!! :carrot: I'll report back later.

Have a great weekend fellow walkers!

sapphireheather
03-01-2008, 07:18 PM
Cheree, I did order the video from Leslie's website. I ordered that one and 3 others all at the same time, while the site was offering free shipping, but before Amazon dropped the prices of all the Leslie videos. I did however, order a couple more from Amazon this weekend. I'll tell you this, the Really 4 big miles is a FAST workout. The first mile is 15 minutes, the second is 12 minutes, the third is 10 minutes and is half jogging (which is one of the big reasons I LOVE it) and the forth is approx 15 minutes and uses the stretchie band and involves the cool down walking plus it also has a long stretching segment at the end. Definitely worth the money! :)

LynseyLikes2Lose
03-01-2008, 08:34 PM
I want that one BAD! I bought it on ebay and then the guy told me 3 weeks later that it wouldn't be available until May. I didn't want to wait. Now I can't find it anyway.

sapphireheather
03-01-2008, 08:46 PM
On Amazon it's still on preorder status. I got it directly from Leslie's site. Weird that it would be available on site but not another. *shrugs*

cbmare
03-02-2008, 02:10 AM
Thank you for starting this thread. Of course it is OK. Why would you think it isn't?

I now know why I've been so tired. I have a cold. I did not get the achy feelings before hand like I normally do with a cold. This just came on me. I'm so happy to have whatever Walmart's brand of Puff's Plus is. Even with those, my nose is raw.

Cher, if I don't feel better, I may cancel BBQ this week. I don't want to give you whatever it is that I have. We'll see by Tues. I'm sorry.

Needless to say, I'm not working out until I can go more than 5 minutes without a tissue in my face. I'm sooooo happy for Shower Soothers. I feel like taking a shower every few hours just to get that stuff in my lungs. Funny thing is, this is a head cold, not chest, but the Soothers help anyway with opening the breathing passages.

sapphireheather
03-02-2008, 11:29 AM
Mare, I hope you feel better soon! Rest up and take care of yourself. Shower soothers are WONDERFUL! :)

Have any of you done Leslie's 4 Fast miles? OMG! I love it... all the running is awesome! I know I say this everytime I try a new Leslie video, but I think this will become my favorite one, I'll probably do this one a couple of times each week! Loved the jogging! :)

Michele L
03-02-2008, 01:01 PM
Well, everyone must have been very busy this weekend! Yesterday was our son's 12th birthday. We spent much of the morning shopping and then he chose our lunch destination (Olive Garden). We did a bit more shopping, but had to get back because he had a friend spend the night. I got no workout done, as a result of being BANNED to the office or my bedroom.

This morning, I decided that I was going to workout regardless! I hopped on the treadmill and walked for an hour! That's 3.33 miles. Not as fast as I'd like, but an 18 minute mile isn't bad.

I HAVE to get back to walking in the morning. I'm just not sure HOW to fit it in. I'm leaving Wednesday after school for a professional conference in Detroit and won't be back until later on Sunday. I don't know what kind of time I'll have, but I'll TRY to fit in some formal fitness. Then, the week of March 16 we are going to Washington DC for a family vacation. I KNOW I won't have time for formal fitness, but I don't think getting walking in will be a problem! We don't have a rental car, so we'll walk everywhere!

Sorry to ramble! Just trying to get back into the routine of reporting in!

Happy Sunday!

Michele :wave:

LynseyLikes2Lose
03-02-2008, 01:38 PM
Did another 7 miles this morning.

I started with the second mile of the 3 mile weigh loss walk. So I just did the last 2 on that dvd.

Then I did the whole 5 mile challenge walk. I used the 3 # hand weights on miles 1,2 and 4. I sweat more than I ever have doing one of her workouts. It was nuts. Doing the claps during the side steps was murder with the weights.

I also did some chest exercises (I found them in a magazine....supposed to lift your chest) and a bunch of different arm exercises with my weights this morning while I drank my coffee. I can't decide if my arms will be bigger or smaller the next time I measure. I'm hoping for the latter first. Get rid of some of the hangy down stuff. LOL!

Also, I just noticed that there is a 5 mile challenge and 5 mile advanced walk on the 5 mile video. Is there any difference besides the fact that they mark the miles beforehand on the advanced? It looked the same just flipping through but I've always done the challenge walk.

Cheree
03-03-2008, 04:19 PM
Pulling this one up so we'll be posting on the March thread.

Cbmare - sorry about your cold!!! I hope you are feeling better. Let me know if you're up for lunch or not this week...to be honest, I don't mind that you have a cold (I seem to be immune to colds ... *knock on wood*), but you may not feel like getting out. I'll wait to hear from ya. If we get some Mexican food, maybe something hot will help clear up your sinuses (or some hot Bar-b-que).

Heather, I did Walk Slim - 4 Fast Miles for the first time this afternoon! I really liked it and the "boosted walking" is great! (I have to think "boosted walking" instead of jogging...mentally, I do better LOL!) It's going to be a new favorite of mine too now.

Lynsey, you're a walking machine!!

I went ahead and pre-ordered Walk Slim - 4 Really Big Miles from Amazon, they have it for $9.99 now. If it goes up in price, then I'll still be charged $9.99, if it goes down when it ships, I'll be charged the lower price (also, keep duplicates in your "save for later" area because if the price goes down within 30 days after your purchase, you can call and get credited the difference...if you weren't already aware of that.)

Walk on! :carrot:

Shy Moment
03-03-2008, 06:32 PM
I really like the Walk and Kick, Walk the walk and Muscle mile one lately. I go from on to the other lol. Time to start at the beginning again and work my way through them. I do the walk the walk everyday. I find it not only a nice workout but inspirational. I don't do anywhere near as much as you all do. Once in awhile I do a three mile but generally it is 2 two miles videos a day. About 80 miles a month and about 9 hours resistance training a month. You all must be getting in great shape.

Yesterday
Walk the walk 2 mile 35 min
Walk and kick 2 mile 32 min
watp for the abs 10 min
fast start fast firming 26

103 min 1 hour 43 min

Cheree
03-03-2008, 11:56 PM
Shy, it sounds like to me that you're doing quite a bit. Also, I think I read that you were losing 2 pounds a week on average, so whatever you're doing sounds like it is working for you. In order for me to lose any weight, I have to more because my metabolism is sluggish (and I need to build up my overall muscle mass and be less % body fat)... I'm not doing near as much as others here are though!!

Shy Moment
03-04-2008, 12:09 AM
cheree
I wish it were 2 lbs a week. It is two pounds every weigh in which is every two weeks lol. I loved the one day that I did the 1 mile marathon. I have decided this month each Tuesday ( since I don't do resistance training on Tuesdays ) I am doing to do a 1 mile at a time mile marathon. Will let you know how many miles I get in tomorrow.

Dusty4800
03-04-2008, 06:07 AM
Good Morning All
Yes Shy I know the eatting part is what I need to work on I have the walking part down pretty good and I know what kinds of foods to eat and how much but I am getting better at it I think for me is I have to plan what to eat at each meal and make it healthy
yesterday I did 3 adv miles w/stretchie today ill be doing the 4 fast miles
hope you all have a great walking day
Dusty

LynseyLikes2Lose
03-04-2008, 06:51 AM
I did the 4 mile challenge last night. I stepped it up though and did the whole thing with hand weights. 100 miles here I come!

cbmare
03-04-2008, 03:33 PM
Well, everything has come to yet another screeching halt. I can't seem to exercise, blow my nose and breathe at the same time. I kinda like breathing. I try and do it everyday whether I need to or not.

Cher, I sent you a PM. I have to cancel for this week. Dr. C sent me home today. I took yesterday off. He looked at me and heard me talk this morning and made me leave. In fact, he held our morning meeting at the table in the front of the office instead of being in the conference room. He said he wanted the germs to not be confined to a small room where he was breathing.

sapphireheather
03-04-2008, 03:56 PM
Just finished the 4 fast miles again. I got a late start today, too many morning commitments. I'm doing the 4 fast miles for a 10 day challenge. 10 days of all the jogging, I BETTER see some kind of positive results lol. My ankles hurt from the jogging, but I figure that will go away as they get used to the movements. Hope you all have a great day.

Feel better Mare! :)

Heather

Shy Moment
03-04-2008, 10:10 PM
Today
Walk the walk 1 mile 22 min
Heart Healthy 1 mile 18 min
WATP Power Mile 1 mile 19 min
Walkarobics 40 plus workout 1 mile 20 min
The walk diet 1 mile 20 min
Walk off the weight 1 mile 29 min

126 min 2 hours 8 min

Dusty4800
03-05-2008, 07:22 AM
Hi All
WOW shy you did 6 miles that is great Mare hope your feeling better soon
well I didnt do any walking yesterday because the dvd player was messing up
I cleaned it so ill be trying it again this morning if that didnt work then we are buying a new one on friday so ill have to work hard to get in my miles I am going to try for 100 miles this month hope you all have a great walking day
Dusty

Shy Moment
03-05-2008, 03:45 PM
Dust
Every Tuesday I am going to do all the one mile videos I can do. Last night the knee started to bother me so I didn't get my usual 10 done.

Today
Walk the walk 2 mile 35 min
Walk and kick 2 mile 32 min

LynseyLikes2Lose
03-05-2008, 06:15 PM
I started the 3 mile walk away your waistline last night but then had to step it up a bit so I did the 2 fast miles off the 5 mile. I stopped at 3.

Tonight I'm going to do at least 4. I may try for 5. After the pizza I just ate I need to do about 10! Ok, maybe I wasn't THAT bad but I feel gross. I'll let you know when I'm done what I did.

mj5
03-05-2008, 06:53 PM
I skipped this am and I must admit I felt icky all day...I guess my body is getting used to doing some cadio in the am!!! Back at it tomorrow!

I have ordered (although waitlist right now) from qvc the 5 dvd set...can't remember exactly what comes w/ it, but I can't wait for it to come! I just want to be able to 'mix it up' a bit, w/ differen dvd's.

LynseyLikes2Lose
03-05-2008, 07:51 PM
Just finished 5.5 miles! I did the 3 mile walk with hand weights from the 5 mile video and then I pulled out the old Walk and Jog. I was thinking Walk and Jog was 45 minutes and 3 miles but I guess it's only 30 minutes and 2.5 miles. It's been a long time since I've done that one. It was fun! Inching closer to that 100 mile mark!

sapphireheather
03-06-2008, 08:35 AM
Did the 4 fast miles and the walk slim 2 miles too yesterday. Today's schedule is the 4 fast miles again and maybe another 2 miler afterwards.

Shy Moment
03-06-2008, 03:47 PM
today

Walk Away The Pounds 2 Mile High Calorie Burn 32 min
Walk Away the Pounds Express 2 Mile Advanced Walk 36 min

LynseyLikes2Lose
03-06-2008, 07:52 PM
I skipped the walking and did 8 of the 10 minute solution segments. Holy he!! are my abs burning!

Scarletbegonias
03-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Monday and Tuesday I did the 1 mile Get Up and Get Started w/ the weights and today I did the 2 mile High Calorie Burn w/ the weights as well. I'm loving this so far, its so easy and takes no time at all and I can do it before work. But my question, I see so many of you that post that you want 100 miles in one month or that you do like 3 or 4 of the walks in one day. Is it necessary to do them that often and that much to make a difference or just that enjoyable? Whats the deal? Should I be beefing it up because one video a day isnt enough?

Scarletbegonias
03-06-2008, 09:05 PM
Mj5 I just ordered that set from QVC too. I hope it hurrys up and gets of the waitlist. I want it now!

Shy Moment
03-07-2008, 07:36 AM
scarlet
I do different videos in a day. They target different areas. Some may use more arm movement. Some may be more for the legs. I also do toning videos and upper body workouts. Each group of muscles have different needs. The videos are just so darn easy to do and I enjoy doing them. We have a friend that is a trainer. He told me a person really only needs to do a couple of miles of walking in a day and then they need to target different areas each day.

today

WATP 2 Mile High Calorie Burn 32 Min
WAH Walk Slim Fast Start 1 & 2 Mile Walk 33 Min
WATP For The Abs 10 Min Ab Buster ( 4 times ) 40 min

Cheree
03-07-2008, 04:20 PM
Mj5 I just ordered that set from QVC too. I hope it hurrys up and gets of the waitlist. I want it now!
I think they have it in stock now, if I'm looking at the right set!

Scarletbegonias
03-07-2008, 04:44 PM
Yay it is! I just looked yesterday and it was still on the waitlist. It's being processed yay!

mj5
03-07-2008, 07:10 PM
Mine too! I can't wait!!! I did a one mile this am. I should do another tonight, but not sure...my knee is kind of sore, so I may let it rest tonight.

Scarletbegonias
03-07-2008, 10:14 PM
I didnt walk today. I stayed home sick and when doing dishes wears me out its probably best that I don't try to exercise cause then I know I'm feeling puney. But I'm hoping for a 2 mile tomorrow depending on how I'm feeling.

helenandaudreysmama
03-08-2008, 10:54 AM
Wow, You guys...I am new to this thread and to WATP in general but I have been doing it for a week or so now along with going to the gym (when I make it to the gym) But I absolutely LOVE IT!!!! I did Upper body shortcuts last night and boy can I feel it!!!! I am really out of shape so no weights yet but eventually I will add them in.

I buy my videos mostly from E-bay....I ordered 4 more last night. I can't wait for them!!!

Dusty4800
03-08-2008, 05:38 PM
Hi All
Well this week has been another bad one for me as far as the walking gos the mornings have been busy and the dvd players messed up on me we went looking for a new one today but no luck hopefully tomorrow we will find one that we like going to walmart supercenter see what they have
Hubby and I went looking at yard sales did alot of getting in and out of the truck and walking so that helped tomorrow morning we are going to the flea market so ill do walking there too then we will go to walmart
Okay well hopefully this week will be alot better boy I walking with Leslie
Hope you all have a great walking day
Dusty

LynseyLikes2Lose
03-09-2008, 01:20 PM
I did the 3 miles with hand weights again off the 5 mile yesterday. Friday I did more of my 10 minute solutions.

cbmare
03-10-2008, 12:20 PM
Helens, Leslie is recruiting walkers in PA to join her on QVC. I'll check my email when I get home from work and see where and let you know.

I'm finally over that blasted cold. Just a few sniffles now. Since boobalah is leaving today for 2 days, I'm going to try and sneak out of work early and get in a workout when I get home.

Shy Moment
03-10-2008, 12:50 PM
I LOVE Leslie. Oh my gosh she is so motivating. It is DOT time so I am bloated and don't feel my best and I can tell the weight must be up because the waist band is just a bit snug but I still had to Walk with faith this morning. I feel so good all through it. I sometimes wonder if she has any idea how much she means to people.

today
Walk The Walk With Leslie Sansone 2 Mile Christian Inspired Workout 35 Min

Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone Heart Healthy Walking ( 2 Miles ) 29 Min

In Home Walking For Weight Loss With Leslie Sansone The Walk Diet 1 Mile 19 Min

Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone For The Abs 10 Minutes Ab Buster 30 Min

sotypical
03-10-2008, 02:53 PM
Hey everyone, I haven't exercise in over a week! EEKS! I was going to start today but the time change kicked my butt! Excuses excuses...

BUT QVC finally got walk slim again, so my wait list paid off but it is on it's way! YAY! (shipped on day 43 of my 45 day wait period.... LOL)

Hopefully this will kick my butt back into gear!

Shy Moment
03-10-2008, 02:57 PM
sotypical
I like the slim series I do the 1&2 mile a couple of times a week and the toning one at least twice a week. I do other ones the rest of the week.

gailr42
03-10-2008, 05:30 PM
I was thinking about trying this, but I have no idea where to start. Is there anyplace that explains which videos are for beginners?

Daimere
03-10-2008, 06:42 PM
I did 1 mile of the 3 mile weight loss walk. I had to stop. I need to have a bm and cramps were bad. I plan to do all three tonight

LynseyLikes2Lose
03-10-2008, 07:43 PM
I just finished the 2 fast miles off of the 5 mile.

I also wanted to get some faster stuff in there so I did 4 10 min solutions.

Shy Moment
03-10-2008, 09:18 PM
Gailr
Leslie Sansone has a lot of great videos. You can really do the first mile of any of them to start. Here are a few

Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone 1 Mile Get Up and Get Started
Walkabout's With Leslie Sansone Miracle Mile Walk 1 Mile
Walk Away the Pounds Express With Leslie Sansone 1 Mile Easy Walk
Walk The Walk With Leslie Sansone 1 Mile Christian Inspired Workout

All of her videos are great. You just do as much as you can do. You will find each time you do the video it will get easier and easier until you can move to more miles.

mj5
03-11-2008, 09:02 AM
I have been totally slacking.....we are on vacation and have been cleaning out our attic (some vacation, huh?)...although today we are going shopping!!!

Anyway, I just checked an my dvd's from qvc will be here today! I can't wait!!!!

Daimere
03-11-2008, 10:07 AM
I did do all of 3 mile weight loss walk last night.

gailr42
03-11-2008, 10:46 AM
Thanks Shy Moment. I got one of her tapes out of the library, but they only let you keep it a couple of days and I never got to watch the whole thing. I seem to need something that doesn't require me to go anyplace - not even out my front door :lol:. This seems to qualify!

Dusty4800
03-11-2008, 10:51 AM
Hi All
Well we never did get to buy a new dvd player, so I just cleaned the old one and it seemed to do alot better, so yesterday I did the 5 adv miles, I am getting ready to do the 4 fast miles from the walk slim set, I might get to do another dvd later this afternoon
Dusty

Cheree
03-11-2008, 02:43 PM
I did "Walk Away the Pounds - The 30-Minute Walk" this morning. I made myself get going right after I got up and got my clothes on (I probably should have had breakfast first, but I tend to lose my determination to do one in the morning if I have breakfast first.) I've been going for a 45 minute brisk walk every afternoon with my dog, so I'll also do that again this afternoon.

This was my first time to do "The 30-Minute Walk." Mary Kay was in it and it looks like she has lost some weight. Previous workouts I've seen her in she either weighed more or the outfits she wore weren't flattering. I was able to carry my 3 pound weights throughout it and it worked well to include those. Probably TMI, but we have an area rug where I do my workouts that is a cream colored shag...while I was doing the video, my dog started to throw up on the rug, so I put my cupped hands down below his mouth to catch it , but I kept walking in place!!! (Then I had to take a brief break to wash my hands off...but that was easier than trying to clean the rug!!!)

For those new to Leslie Sansone DVDs, you can get some additional information from these two websites (in addition to getting recommendations here of course):

Collage Video (do a search on "Leslie Sansone" and you'll see the results with ratings and designated as beginner, intermediate, and/or advanced):
http://www.collagevideo.com/main.aspx?source=google&prioritycode=RL29

Leslie Sansone's websites
http://www.lesliesansonevideos.com/ (This one has them broken down by beginner, intermediate, advanced, etc. on the left...also you can see the accessories. You can buy your own 2 lb, 3 lb, etc. weights at Wal-Mart or Target.)
http://www.lesliesansone.com/

Once you decide on which video's you're interested in purchasing, you might want to check on Amazon to see how much they're selling for there. There's another website someone recommended here too that has good prices (does anyone remember that one?).

cbmare
03-12-2008, 09:33 AM
I finally got in a workout! It's about time! Since boobalah is on a business trip, I was having trouble sleeping. I made myself stay in bed until 4:45. Then Leslie and I did the Walk Slim 2 Fast Miles. I just love the 3rd boosted walk and she leaves Jimmy to keep doing the high impact knee lifts and he's grunts out "two"! :lol:

cbmare
03-12-2008, 10:20 AM
http://www.lesliesansone.com/newsletter/QVC_APPLICATION.doc

If you are in the Philly area and want to walk on QVC with Leslie, go to that address.

Dusty4800
03-12-2008, 10:34 AM
Hi All
Yesterday I did 4 miles from the 5 adv miles, and the 3 fast miles from the walk slim set, I also found out that the dvd player is not broken, it is the dvd I am sooo mad, its the 5 adv mile dvd, it messes up on the last mile when she works out with the stretchie the part I love the best ,the rest of the dvd is fine, ive try cleaning the dvd but no luck its messed up, I can still use it just cant do the last mile.
so today I am going to do 3 and 4 miles from the walk slim set
Dusty

cbmare
03-12-2008, 12:26 PM
Ask about returning it for replacement.

Shy Moment
03-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Yesterday I did

Walk At Home With Leslie Sansone 5 Mile Advanced Walk Segment ( 1 Mile ) 15 Min

Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone Walk And Kick ( 2 Mile ) 32 Min

Walk The Walk With Leslie Sansone ( 2 ) Mile Christian Inspired Workout ( 35 Min )

I had a heck of a time with the site. Just wouldn't load and when it would finally load a page it took 5 min or more. I just didn't post much. Hope it is better today.

Seems everyone is doing great basically with watp. To bad we can't all get together to do them. Wouldn't that be such great fun.

Shy Moment
03-12-2008, 04:17 PM
Today

Walk At Home With Leslie Sansone 5 Mile Advanced Walk ( 3 Miles ) 43 min

Walk At Home Walk Slim With Leslie Sansone Fast Start 3 Fast Miles 45 min

Resistance training 45 Min

I am over by lake erie

cbmare
03-12-2008, 04:48 PM
Cher - you are right. That is TMI! I think I'd push the pooch out the back door next time and side step yourself back into the routine.

YUCK!

Shy, we need to arrange a convention somewhere in the middle of us all. We could spend a nice quality weekend driving people on the floors beneath us nuts in a cheap hotel! :lol:

Cher and I are in the SF Bay Area. Who is on the east coast? We could pick a spot in the middle and all descend on that town.

Shy Moment
03-12-2008, 06:12 PM
cb
I say we all meet somewhere at a state park. Now, you know we all know at least one of our videos by heart. We will lead the group in our favorite video. Right there in front of God and everybody. Wouldn't that be great. You have to be sure if there are other woman around, we will have a few join in.

cbmare
03-13-2008, 10:45 AM
I did the 2 miler again. It felt good!

Cheree
03-13-2008, 08:39 PM
cb
I say we all meet somewhere at a state park. Now, you know we all know at least one of our videos by heart. We will lead the group in our favorite video. Right there in front of God and everybody. Wouldn't that be great. You have to be sure if there are other woman around, we will have a few join in.
How about Yosemite? :) You're down some more pounds, congrats!!!

Shy Moment
03-13-2008, 11:08 PM
Cheree
That isn't right around the corner from me is it lol. Thank you, I have been pretty lucky that the pounds are melting away.

Today

WATP 1 Mile, Get up get started 22 min

Walkarobics 1 mile, Miricle Mile walk 15 min

WATP 1 mile, Express 19 min

WATP 1 mile, Power Mile 19 min

WTW 1 mile, Christian Inspired Workout 22 min

WAH 1 mile, Booster Mile 15 min

WATP 1 mile, The walk Diet 20 min

Dusty4800
03-14-2008, 07:07 AM
Hi All
I am still doing either 3 and 4 miles from slim set I also walked 2 miles at the school track
Mare I would reture the dvd but it was from walmart when they had all the dvd for 995 they dont have them any more the walmart that I go to they dont have any more Leslie dvds but its okay ill still use it and can use the fast firm from the walk slim I also have 1 & 2 express miles if I remeber Leslie uses the stretchie in that set too its been a while since I used them
Hope you have a great walking day
Dusty

Dusty4800
03-16-2008, 09:00 AM
Hi All
Hope everyone is having a great weekend I was busy cleaning house and doing wash yesterday Last week I only walked 3 days So I am going to get some much needed walking in today and keep pushing my self to do alot better this week
I was just wondering if anyone can tell me the difference between the 4 fast miles from walk slim set and the really big 4 fast miles I think its called lol
okay hope you all have a great walking day
Dusty

Scarletbegonias
03-16-2008, 04:39 PM
After finally getting over the flu, I got into a car accident so this has not been the best month for me and walking. But yesterday and today both I did the Fast Start 2 mile from the walk slim series. It feels great, Im so glad I'm finally feeling up to it again . Has anyone tried the meal plan that is included with her walk slim series? It looks pretty easy.

mj5
03-16-2008, 05:46 PM
Ok, so back to the 'real world' tomorrow...vacation ends!! It's a good thing b/c I have been really slacking w/ exercise. Tomorrow am back into my routine of a watp dvd in the am and the gym after work. Now that I have my new dvd's, I better choose one tonight before I go to bed, otherwise I'll just be staring blankly at them in the am and won't get any walking in! (I am NOT a morning person!!!!)

Cheree
03-16-2008, 06:53 PM
Hi walkers!!! I love Sunday afternoons because there's nothing in particular I want to watch on TV and I don't do errands on the weekends (I try to hibernate as much as possible, though I did go to Costco this morning. I got myself a Cuisinart Griddler Express so I can grill meats and veggies again...the other one I had was a George Foreman, but it bit the dust.) Anyway, so I have lots of time to walk, so I did the Walk At Home With Leslie Sansone 5 Mile Advanced Walk. :carrot:

Did we ever figure out the difference between the Walk At Home With Leslie Sansone 5 Mile Advanced Walk and the 5 Mile Challenge Walk?

Also, does anyone remember that other website that someone recommended that is a good site to buy video's at pretty good prices? (Sorry (and thanks) if someone has already answered this.)

cbmare
03-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Cher, what on earth does those words under your name mean?

I didn't workout over the weekend. We had quite a bit of laundry and other stuff to do. I lightly wrenched my knee yesterday so I'm babying it for a day or two.

I'm in serious need of prayer. I'll post it in the Gen. Chat. section as well.

My SIL, who is 58, was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last week. She is starting chemo this week. They are doing some aggressive treatments on her. She needs to put on some weight because chemo takes it out of you. She's always exercised and eaten right. This is such a shock to the family. Poor boobalah is really beside himself.

My other request is for my friend. She has a caregiver for her elderly mother. They guy announced last night that the mother has invited him to move into the spare bedroom. Cathy, my friend, noticed this morning that he seemed to be touching mom in some inappropriate ways. Cathy is somewhat naive and I'm hoping she'll lean heavily on our mutual friend and me as well. I went through getting care for boobalah's dad and I do know some things to look out for. I told Sherry, our mutual friend, that she needs to get mom to the dr and have a pelvic exam on mom. If there are any signs of distress there, to have the dr call the police right then and there and have a rape kit done. This guy bathes mom and does everything for her. She has alzheimer's, is blind, hard of hearing and generally frail. I told them that they cannot sit on this and they have to get that guy out of there NOW!

I'm sorry to hijack the thread. I just need you people right now.

Thanks.

Shy Moment
03-17-2008, 07:55 PM
cb
Sorry to hear about your knee. Please baby it. You really don't want it to get worse. So very sorry about your sil, will remember you and yours in my prayers.

Cheree
Nice going. Amazon has some really good deals on new and used videos. Watch out for the shipping costs.

mj
I am a morning person I guess but my body isn't lol. I would love to hop out of bed and get my first workout of the day done but the body tells me to shut up.

Scarlet
I haven't tried her plan because I don't tend to eat those foods but the plan did look pretty good. I thought it was a bit thin on filling in the required amounts of the four basic food groups. This is not about us doing without to lose weight. This is about us eating a healthy diet and slowly losing weight and having a food plan that we can live with for life. Sorry you have been having so many misfortunes. Hope you are ok after the accident. You do what you can as far as exercise. You will get back to where you should be. Take it easy and take care of that body. It is the only one you are ever going to have :)

Dusty
I have a ton of her videos and I don't have one called the really big 4 fast miles. I tried looking it up but I couldn't find it. Are you sure that is the name of it?

Today

Walk At Home With Leslie Sansone Walk Away Your Waistline ( 3 Miles ) ( 47 min )

Walk The Walk With Leslie Sansone ( 1 ) Mile Christian Inspired Workout ( 22 Min )

Walk The Walk With Leslie Sansone ( 2 ) Mile Christian Inspired Workout ( 35 Min )

Walk At Home With Leslie Sansone Firm Up With Stretchy Band (10 Min )

Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone For The Abs 10 Minutes Ab Buster

20 Min dumbbell resistance training

Cheree
03-17-2008, 11:30 PM
Mare - I hope your knee is feeling better! Very sorry to hear about your SIL and for your friend's mom as well. :( I send caring thoughts to you and your family and to your friend and her mother. Keep us updated how your SIL is doing and your friend's mom too.

You asked me what 'Jai guru deva om' means. Making a short story long here - I was watching American Idol the other night when they were singing Beatle songs (I'm a huge Beatle fan and have been for a very long time)...Michael Johns sang "Across the Universe", and 'Jai guru deva om' is a phrase in that song. From Wikipedia: "The Sanskrit phrase is a sentence fragment whose words could have many meanings, but roughly translate to "Victory to God divine","hail to the divine guru", or the phrase commonly invoked by the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi "All Glory to Guru Dev" then the mystic syllable om." I just liked the sound of the phrase and really love that song.

Shy - Thanks! Sorry for the confusion, I buy all of my DVD's (and books) at Amazon. I actually was hoping Mare would remember the website that someone posted here that was a good place to get the DVD's at a discounted rate. Mare, I remember you reponding to the person when they posted the URL but I can't remember exactly what you said. I was just going to mention that URL in case newbies here wanted another place too look for Leslie's DVD's. I have Amazon Prime, so I pretty much order anything there when I order something online. Anyway, no big deal if no one remembers that URL (maybe I dreamed it). :D You really have kicked it up with your WATP workouts, or were you always doing that many and I just didn't realize it???

Well, I did the Walk Slim - 4 Fast Miles a bit ago and I am sweating like you wouldn't believe, and I don't usually sweat very much. It really is a great workout.

Shy Moment
03-17-2008, 11:40 PM
Cheree
I was only doing 2 two mile videos a day now I do 3 mile ones. Yes I have been doing the 3 mile ones for a few weeks I think lol. Since I have so many of them I never get tired of them but I do a have few that are my favorites. Generally it is at least 3 miles each day Monday to Friday but I generally do 6 miles and then 3 times a week I do 40 Min's of some kind of resistance training. All in the comfort of my own home lol.

mj5
03-18-2008, 06:21 AM
Yesterday I did a one mile in the am and a 2 mile from the walk slim series when I got home from work.

This am I did the 2 mile from the walk slim series---what a way to start the day!!! I was NEVER a morning workout person, but have found that it is a great way to jump-start the day. Plus, if for some reason I can't make it to the gym later in the day, I have at least gotten some exercise in.

cbmare
03-18-2008, 10:51 AM
I got up this morning and did my 2 fast miles again. It was a great stress reliever.

Shy Moment
03-18-2008, 04:30 PM
Today

In Home Walking For Weight Loss With Leslie Sansone The Walk Diet 2 Miles ( 30 Min )

Walkarobics With Leslie Sansone 2 Mile Walk ( Miracle Mile Walk ) ( 32 Min )

Shy Moment
03-19-2008, 02:08 PM
Today

Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone For The Abs Super Fat Burning 3 Mile ( 45 Min )

Walk Away the Pounds Express With Leslie Sansone 3 Mile Advanced Walk ( 50 Min )

Cheree
03-19-2008, 04:45 PM
Last night I did WATP 2 mile walk weight weights.

Daimere
03-20-2008, 12:38 PM
I got that order from QVC. I can't wait to use it.

Shy Moment
03-20-2008, 01:57 PM
Today
Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone For The Abs 10 Minutes Ab Buster ( 20 Min )

Walk At Home Walk Slim With Leslie Sansone Fast Start 3 Fast Miles ( 45 Min )

Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone 3 Mile Super Fat Burning ( 48 Min )

Walk At Home Walk Slim With Leslie Sansone Fast Start Fast Firming ( 20 Min )

cbmare
03-21-2008, 10:43 AM
I've worked out a couple of times this week. I got up this morning to do my 2 miler again. However, I had to stop after 15 minutes. My right knee was starting to hurt.

I went to my new dr the other day. I wanted my mammogram referral and wanted her to look at something I found on my face. I had a skin cancer in 2001 and I'm hypersensitive to suspicious growths. I guess she'll check it out when I go back in April. She seemed more concerned with getting some blood work and numbers for me. I also learned that I have bronchitis. I didn't even know it! I thought this cough was a hold over from my cold. She said I probably developed it with my cold. It's not bad enough to warrant antibiotics.

Shy Moment
03-21-2008, 08:11 PM
cb
Take care of yourself and don't try anything to intense until you are feeling better. Take care of that knee.

Doc said no upper body workouts for me. I am having a pain across the chest. We talked on the phone and she asked all kinds of questions. She thinks I pulled something last night when I was doing resistance training. I will see her Monday. Can't just not do the exercise lol. I lowered the intensity a bit. Knee is hurting a bit to so, don't lift the knee so high, don't squat so low for the kick backs. Raise the hands but don't stretch out the arms quite so much and then raise them as high as I can. Think the chest feels better now than it did before the workout. Knee is doing ok.

Walk At Home Walk Slim With Leslie Sansone Fast Start 3 Fast Miles ( 45 Min )

Cheree
03-21-2008, 09:57 PM
Mare - take it easy - I hope your right knee feels better soon! Sounds like you had an interesting doctor office visit.

Shy - hope the pain across your chest gets better quickly and your knee too!

I did a brisk 2 mile walk with our dog this afternoon and I'm getting ready to do Leslie Sansone's Walk Slim Fast Start 2 Mile Walk. :carrot:

cbmare
03-24-2008, 12:34 PM
Wow. Quiet weekend in here.

I babied my knee over the weekend. However, I got up this morning and did the 1 Easy Mile w/stretchie. I hope to do the 2 mile one tomorrow morning. I've got to get active again.

Hope all had a nice weekend.

Shy Moment
03-24-2008, 05:32 PM
cb
It can take time so take it easy. The doc said yes she thought I must have moved funny or pulled funny during my resistance training and pulled something. The pain is gone now but I only did 1 three mile video that day. Was just to darn hard to breath and walk at the same time lol.

Cheree
The knee just comes and goes. When it is acting up I just lower the intensity of the exercises. I tried not doing them and it just made it so much harder to get back into the routine so now I just lower the intensity a bit. Thank you Love all the Leslie videos I have sometimes the 1 and 2 miles are just perfect when I am not feeling my best. Other times the 3 miles really get the heart rate up for me. I never sweat, have to wonder If I am doing something right or it is freezing in my den lol.

Michele L
03-24-2008, 06:43 PM
Hello, all! I'm back from Washington DC, so it's time to get walking! My pedometer says I did over 80 miles while in DC, but most of it was low intensity. This morning, even though I REALLY didn't want to, I got up early and did the 1 mile Express. I'm going to try to do a mile in the morning and see what happens.

To those who are ailing: Please take care! We don't want you getting worse because you keep pushing it!

Keep walking!

Shy Moment
03-24-2008, 06:58 PM
Michele
All that walking as to be good for you low intensity or not.

Today
I am going to take it easy today and ease back into things since I only did 1 three mile video Friday. Doc said I must have pulled something but the pain is gone now.

Walk At Home Walk Slim With Leslie Sansone Fast Start 1 & 2 Mile Walk ( 33 Min )

Walk Away the Pounds Express With Leslie Sansone 2 Mile Brisk Walk ( 32 Min )

Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone For The Abs Super Fat Burning 3 Mile ( 45 Min )

Walk Away The Pounds ( Toning ) With Leslie Sansone For The Abs 10 Minutes Ab Buster ( 20 Min )

Upper Body Resistance Training ( 20 Min )

sotypical
03-25-2008, 01:39 PM
Okay, I am BACK! My walk slim set came last thursday so I got back into exercising this morning... I know I gained back the same few pounds again! argh - all well crap happens.

So yesterday I did the 3 fast miles and the same today, what a great video! I can't wait to try out the rest. I was thinking about doing the 4 really big miles tonight, but maybe I should ease back into this a bit.

So what is up with everyone?

I have been really busy with work and been working on crocheting a baby blanket! haha fun times.

Hope everyone is well.

Shy Moment
03-25-2008, 04:23 PM
sotypical
I love that set. Do the 1 and 2 mile one Jim is in that one lol. Nothing wrong with a bit of eye candy as we walk off the pounds lol. He is in the 4 mile one too, wonder why he isn't in the 3 mile one. Maybe so we work harder to be able to do the 4 mile one lol. Leslie isn't stupid is she lol. Hubby will yell to me ARE YOU WATCHING THAT MAN I yell back SURE AM DARLING lol.

Today
Walk At Home With Leslie Sansone 5 Mile Advanced Walk ( 71 Min )

I love this one. You use dumbbells, then a fast walk, then the waist belt, then another fast mile, then the stretchy and JIM is in every mile :)

Felt so good thought I would do it again lol

Walk At Home Walk Slim With Leslie Sansone Fast Start Fast Firming ( 26 Min )

You Can Do With Leslie Sansone Pilates ( 26 Min )

Cheree
03-25-2008, 06:13 PM
Michele
All that walking as to be good for you low intensity or not.

Today
I am going to take it easy today and ease back into things since I only did 1 three mile video Friday. Doc said I must have pulled something but the pain is gone now.

Walk At Home Walk Slim With Leslie Sansone Fast Start 1 & 2 Mile Walk ( 33 Min )

Walk Away the Pounds Express With Leslie Sansone 2 Mile Brisk Walk ( 32 Min )

Walk Away The Pounds ( Toning ) With Leslie Sansone For The Abs 10 Minutes Ab Buster ( 20 Min )

Upper Body Resistance Training ( 20 Min )
:dizzy: What you call "taking it easy" would be a major workout day for me! You did 9 miles yesterday, plus WATP Abs (20 minutes) and upper body resistence training (20 minutes)? What do you do when you're not taking it easy? :)

I took a brisk 50 minute walk outdoors yesterday...and I'm planning Walk Slim - 4 fast miles today. ETA that I did the 4 fast miles and then went on a 20 minute walk with the dog. Whew, that was a lot for me!

cbmare
03-25-2008, 07:15 PM
I took today off. I'll be up tomorrow morning for another workout. I think every other day is a pretty safe way to work my knee back up to working out.

I had my mammogram today. The results from my bloodwork won't be available until next week. Then I'm back at the dr in mid April to get all these results. I guess I'll press for her to check this tiny thing that looks like a pimple on my face. It's been there months and is hard. After having a skin cancer years ago, I'm hyper sensitive to things like that.

Now for some really big news!

I just got an email from WATP. Leslie is having a sale on the walk slim package! It is a prom shape up special. It is through her teenswalk.com site.
This package includes:
CARDIO-Walk Slim Fast Start 1, 2 &3 miles
FIRMING-Walk Slim Fast Firming with Firming Band
NUTRITION-10 Day Meal Plan Booklet

SPECIAL PRICE: $19.95

That is a pretty good price. I forgot what I paid for mine.

Shy Moment
03-25-2008, 08:52 PM
Counting
Please do take it easy. When the knees or shoulders act up no matter if we want to or not we need to not work them so hard. There is always another day and every other day sounds like a good idea lol.

Cheree
As the day went on I just added more and more because I felt so good. When the day started out I was going to do 1 or 2 one mile videos lol.

sotypical
03-25-2008, 08:56 PM
I took today off. I'll be up tomorrow morning for another workout. I think every other day is a pretty safe way to work my knee back up to working out.

I had my mammogram today. The results from my bloodwork won't be available until next week. Then I'm back at the dr in mid April to get all these results. I guess I'll press for her to check this tiny thing that looks like a pimple on my face. It's been there months and is hard. After having a skin cancer years ago, I'm hyper sensitive to things like that.

Now for some really big news!

I just got an email from WATP. Leslie is having a sale on the walk slim package! It is a prom shape up special. It is through her teenswalk.com site.
This package includes:
CARDIO-Walk Slim Fast Start 1, 2 &3 miles
FIRMING-Walk Slim Fast Firming with Firming Band
NUTRITION-10 Day Meal Plan Booklet

SPECIAL PRICE: $19.95

That is a pretty good price. I forgot what I paid for mine.

QVC has the 5 disk set back in stock for $29.96
http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail

Anyway after reading all the work out Shy did on a 'taking it easy day' I feel guilty and need to go do another video....

sotypical
03-26-2008, 12:28 AM
So I did the fast and firm 4 really big miles tonight - probably do the same in the morning but I have a feeling I am going to be sore! lol

Shy Moment
03-26-2008, 01:02 AM
sotypical
lol see I made you work lol. Sometimes taking it easy can mean not stretching the arms out as far as they can go and not pushing them up or out as far as they can be stretched if the shoulder is hurting. It might mean not lifting the knees as high as I can get them or maybe not crouching as low as I usually do during kick backs or side to sides if the knee is hurting. In this case as the day went on I felt better and better so I didn't need to take it as easy as I thought i would lol.

dixiecool
03-26-2008, 08:34 AM
Hi all. I'm fairly new here. Love WATP! My question is for Shy. Do you really work out up to 2 hours a day? Where do you find the time? Also you've lost 50 lbs. in 44 weeks (CONGRATULATIONS - that's awesome!!!) - are you tracking calories too or just pretty much just being aware/careful of what you're eating and making healthy food choices?

cbmare
03-26-2008, 11:04 AM
I got up this morning and did the Express 2 miles. It's a gentle workout so my knee doesn't want to punish me.

sotypical, thanks for looking up the QVC price. It's about $10 more than what Leslie is selling hers for now.

sotypical
03-26-2008, 01:29 PM
I got up this morning and did the Express 2 miles. It's a gentle workout so my knee doesn't want to punish me.

sotypical, thanks for looking up the QVC price. It's about $10 more than what Leslie is selling hers for now.

It is $10 more but you get two more DVDs with it.

You get the the 4 fast miles and the fast and firm 4 really big miles as well as the others.

sotypical
03-26-2008, 01:33 PM
SO I did the 4 really big miles again this morning - love this one, such an awesome work out.

Think I am going to try the 4 fast miles tomorrow.

Kinda wanna do the fast start tonight but I will see. I have an 90min driving lesson after work so that takes up a lot of the evening...

Shy Moment
03-26-2008, 09:12 PM
dixie
There are times I do 3 two mile videos there are other days I do 2 five mile videos there are days I do 2 three mile videos lol. Depends on how much I feel like working out lol. I try to mix the videos up so I don't have the same routine all the time. 3 times a week I do at least 40 mins of some kind of resistance training. I am a stay at home mom. My house is clean enough to eat off the floors people say lol. I do volunteer work but other than that my time is my own. When I was working 10 hour days I only did a couple of miles a day. I do not have a busy life and I never did even when I worked. I guess it depends on what is important to a person and what they fill their time up with. To keep my house clean, to do the things that I feel are my job and get the exercise in I have to plan some days. Generally I do most of my exercises at night after I have gotten what I want to do for the day done. I tend to stay up late so it might be 1 am and I am doing a video lol. My children are involved in one thing at a time at school. My son is involved in martial arts my daughter at tennis. They need to understand you do not fill your life so full you have no time to read a book or smell the roses.

About how I have lost weight. First I give a great deal of the credit to God. He is with me every step of the way. I tell people. When you think you are all alone on this journey. When there is no one in sight to give you the encouragement you need. God is right there with you. Usually yelling, PUT DOWN THAT CANDY BAR. lol I truly believe that. With out his support and love and the will power he has given me, I couldn't have done any of this. I eat the required amounts of the four basic food groups and it takes me all day to do this lol. I do stay within some general amounts for myself 1200 to 1400 calories, 30 to 35 grams of fat and 180 to 210 grams carbs. I don't do without a thing generally. I have a can of mountain dew a couple of times a week if I want it. I have a tummy every night if I want one. Here is my big rule. If I don't have the calories or fat or carbs to have that snack then I don't have it. If I have something I want today I have to wait until tomorrow to have something else I want. I tend to plan my meals using fit day tonight for tomorrow.

I am a planner so this works well for me. To me, commitment, planning and staying within some basic ranges is the way to do this. I have no worries of gaining the weight back. I have nothing to go back to. I am never hungry, have more food to eat some days than I ever think I can get in and never do without all the things I love. What is there to go back to. It also helps that I was never much of a junk food eater and sure don't want to eat out, YUCKKKK someone else touching my food turns my tummy lol.

If I were working outside of the home again, and I am looking I just don't have enough to do around here most of the time. I guess I would get up early enough to do a video ( this is what I did before, I did Richard Simmons before and still love them ), shower and then leave for work, making sure the house was clean to my specifications before I went to bed. Then when I got home doing what needed to be done such as daily ( I do certain things on certain days like scrubbing floors ) chores, dinner and such and then do another workout ( this is also what I did before ). Resistance training nights would mean no tv or putting a movie on the computer with one player and doing a video with another player. I do that all the time anyway. When I had small children and was in school. I still did my Richard Simmons Videos. The kids either joined in, sat and colored or took a nap during that time. I did not give them more options than that. I was the one in charge not them. Like I said, in many cases I think planning is the only way to get everything done woman have to do.

sotypical
Don't you hate when you have things you have to do and there is nothing you can do about it. Makes things hard to get other things done. Sometimes there is just nothing we can do about that. We have to do the best we can do. You exercise a lot so I am sure if you don't get your usually amount in it isn't going to hurt a thing when those times happen and it just can't all be fit in to a day.

Shy Moment
03-26-2008, 10:40 PM
Today

Walk The Walk With Leslie Sansone 1 Mile Christian Inspired Workout ( 22 Min )

dixiecool
03-27-2008, 08:39 AM
Shy, thanks so much for your response, it was very inspiring.

I try to get in 45 minutes to 1 hour of exercise per day (5 or 6 days a week) and I vary my DVD choices between: WATP of which I have plenty to switch around on a regular basis, Ellen Barrett (Fat Fusion or Cardio Sculpt), Biggest Loser, Amy Dixon (Women's Health Ultimate Fat Burn) and just I ordered 10-Minute Solution with Amy Bento to add to my collection - so I get lots of cardio plus weight training on a regular basis.

I usually get it in from work around 4:45, pop supper in the oven and work out. Because my husband works shifts we enjoy spending as much time together as we can so if he's working days, I'll work out right before supper (before he gets home); if he's working the night shift I can do it later on.

As for my nutrition: I was on Weight Watchers - started September 2005 and by June 2006 I had dropped 42 lbs. Unfortunately about 30 of those pounds have come back on. I've started seriously working out over the Christmas holidays and have kept at it since then. I'm not counting calories, nor tracking what I eat - I don't think I could write down one more bite! It completely consumed me day and night. It was all I could think about and it lead me to over eat. I'm trying to eat reasonably (portion control), conciously (slower) and make healthier choices. Like you, I don't particularly like junk food and I also like my home environment "just so" lol.

I do have a fitness journal. I cut out inspirational phrases, words and pictures out of magazines and glue one clipping per page of a journal and every day that I work out, I enter the date, the exercise I did and my general feelings and positive thoughts.

So my high weight (pre-WW) was 174.2 - I'm now 163.8 and my goal weight is 130 lbs. (46 years old, 5' 5").

I haven't lost a pound since Christmas but I have lost 2.5" total and I'm feeling so strong and fit. I believe eventually the weight loss will catch up and everything will fall into place. I've lost and gained the same 40 to 50 lbs. since I was a teenager. God willing, regular exercise and a more healthy approach to food will get me to my goal.

Have a great day!

Shy Moment
03-27-2008, 01:34 PM
dixie
Sounds like you have a good plan for yourself. I like that you like your house to be " just so " lol. How can people live any other way I don't know lol. This is all pretty new to me, this losing weight thing. I had never been over weight until years of sickness and meads packed on the pounds. I don't know any other way to do it but what I am doing. I have gotten some great ideas from people at this site. Don't know what I would do without everyone here. I am changing things a bit today and going to do my resistance training first.

Today

Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone For The Abs 10 Minutes Ab Buster ( 10 Min )

Walkarobics With Leslie Sansone Miracle Mile Walk ( Firm Up On End Of Video ) ( 7 Min )

Walk At Home With Leslie Sansone Booster Mile ( Firm Up With Stretchy Band On End Of Video ) ( 10 Min )

Dumbbells ( 10 Min )

Walk At Home Walk Slim With Leslie Sansone Fast Start Fast & Firm 4 Really Big Miles ( 59 Min )

Walk At Home With Leslie Sansone 5 Mile Advanced Walk Segment ( 2 Miles 27 Min )

Schmoodle
03-27-2008, 02:54 PM
Hello walkers, I hope you don't mind if I bust in here with a question! I have been doing really well with my exercise this month and a lot of that is due to the WATP videos. I just love them so far. I started out with a DVD that has five selections on it - two 1-milers, and three 2-milers (Walk & Kick, 30 minute walk, and High Fat Burning). I also borrowed from the library a 3-miler (I think it was High Energy Burn, and it used the hand weights), but had to return it last week. I feel like I'm ready to move up to doing the 3, 4, and maybe eventually 5 mile workouts. Today I did a 2 mile and 1 mile back to back. There are so many though, and it's confusing. I was shopping them on Amazon and ended up with so many in my cart, and no way to pick between them. I like using the weights, haven't tried the stretchy belt or band. Now I see there are WATP, and some called Walk Slim. Is there a cheat sheet somewhere, with reviews or more importantly, descriptions of the goals of these different workouts?
What are your faves and why? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

sotypical
03-27-2008, 04:22 PM
so I did the 2 fast mile start last night

and im surprised but i managed to do the 4 fast miles this morning... but then I ate a pita and fries, just when things start going good.... argh, i dont want to get into it

i just hope i can stay on track.... after i make cookies, lol

Shy Moment
03-27-2008, 06:18 PM
Schmoodle
Here is the list of Leslie's videos I have. They are all different and I like each and everyone of them. The one miles ones are great for when it is DOT time and the flow is to hard to do anything real long and strenuous. I love some of the two miles so I do a few of them when I do them. Once you get to the three mile ones the 4 and 5 miles aren't any harder just keep going lol.

Walk Away The Pounds Leslie Sansone For The Abs 10 Minutes Ab Buster
Walk Away The Pounds Leslie Sansone Heart Healthy Walking 2 Mile
Walk Away The Pounds Leslie Sansone Power Mile 1 Mile
Walk Away The Pounds Leslie Sansone 1 Mile Get Up And Get Started
Walk Away The Pounds Leslie Sansone 2 Mile High Calorie Burn
Walk Away The Pounds Leslie Sansone 3 Mile Super Fat Burning
In Home Walking For Weight Loss Leslie Sansone The Walk Diet 2 Mile
In Home Walking For Weight Loss Leslie Sansone Walk Off Weight 4 Mile
Walk Away The Pounds Leslie Sansone For The Abs Super Fat Burning 3 Mile
Walk The Walk Leslie Sansone 1 Mile Christian Inspired Workout
Walk The Walk Leslie Sansone 2 Mile Christian Inspired Workout
Walkarobics Leslie Sansone 1 Mile Miracle Mile Walk ( Firm Up On End )
Walkarobics Leslie Sansone 2 Mile Walk ( Miracle Mile Walk )
Walk Away the Pounds Express Leslie Sansone 1 Mile Easy Walk
Walk Away the Pounds Express Leslie Sansone 2 Mile Brisk Walk
Walk Away the Pounds Express Leslie Sansone 3 Mile Advanced Walk
Walk Away the Pounds Express Leslie Sansone 4 Mile Super Challenge
Walk Away The Pounds Leslie Sansone Walk And Kick 2 Mile
Walkarobics Leslie Sansone 40 Plus Workout 2 Mile
You Can Do Leslie Sansone Pilate's
You Can Do Leslie Sansone Yoga
Walk At Home Leslie Sansone Slim Your Thighs ( Haven't done this one yet )
Walk At Home Leslie Sansone Jogging Mile ( Haven't done this one yet )
Walk At Home Leslie Sansone Booster Mile 1 Mile Firm Up With Stretchy Band
Walk Away The Pounds Leslie Sansone The Walk Diet 1 Mile Muscle Mile
Walk At Home Walk Slim Leslie Sansone Fast Start Fast Firming
Walk At Home Walk Slim Leslie Sansone Fast Start 1 & 2 Mile Walk
Walk At Home Walk Slim Leslie Sansone Fast Start 3 Fast Miles
Walk At Home Walk Slim Leslie Sansone Fast Start 4 Fast Miles
Walk At Home Walk Slim Leslie Sansone Fast Start Fast/Firm 4 Really Big Miles
Walk At Home Leslie Sansone 5 Mile Advanced Walk
Walk At Home With Leslie Sansone Walk Away Your Waistline 3 Miles

Shy Moment
03-27-2008, 06:19 PM
sotypical
WALK AWAY FROM THE COOKIES lol

sotypical
03-28-2008, 01:21 AM
I ate some cookies :( not many
but I didn't eat any of the other junk I bought...

I tried to make myself feel better by getting my hair done - for the first time in like 4 years I have highlights again!! yay!! and I didnt have to cut all my hair off... I kinda feel better, don't think it will last....

I got some new nail polish, and a movie (enchanted) - fingers crossed this will work for tonight anyway

Shy Moment
03-28-2008, 01:38 AM
sotypical
Nice going not eating a lot of the cookies and staying away from the other stuff. Maybe find a craft you like to do. It fills time, the hands can't put food in the mouth if they are busy and the end results always make a person feel good. I do hook rugs. Have a ton of them done for Christmas presents this year. Everyone seems to want one.

Michele L
03-28-2008, 07:45 AM
Schmoodle: Check out collage video (online). They have video clips so you can SEE what you buy before you buy it. The Walk Slim workouts are great! They are my new favorites--especially the 4 Really BIG Miles! Personally, I like those better than the regular WATP's because the music is more lively and some of the moves are a bit more challenging. Good luck in your search for new workouts!

Schmoodle
03-28-2008, 09:23 AM
Thanks so much Shy and Michelle! I am really happy to have found her videos since I am historically an exercise-hater, but they have really been keeping me motivated over the last month. I don't have a lot of space either, so they are perfect. I have really been enjoying Just My Size Yoga too, but I guess that's for another thread!

Shy, thanks for taking the time to type that list. I had no idea there were even so many more than I knew about!:dizzy: I guess I will just order a few and go from there! Seems like I can't go wrong in any case. Off to check out some clips on collage video...

Shy Moment
03-28-2008, 02:48 PM
Schm
Oh there are just tons more I don't have. There are three more that I want to get. Figured I would look around for them at yard sales ( you find tons of exercise videos but Leslie's are hard to come by at yard sales, people just don't get rid of them that often ) if I can't find them I am sure I can get them used on amazon. Never heard of just my size yoga. That is something I might enjoy will have to look it up and see if I can find out some information on it. I like the expresses and the slim because I like the music. I also like the walk the walk and walk with faith ones.

Oh last night was terrible. I stubbed my darn toe. Have no idea how I do this since my toes are so small but I did it and when I went to do my walking video the darn toe was killing me by the end of the second mile and I just couldn't finish the 5 mile video. Sure hope it does better today or it is going to be another slacker day lol.

Today

Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone For The Abs 10 Minutes Ab Buster ( 20 Min )

Walk At Home Walk Slim With Leslie Sansone Fast Start Fast Firming ( 26 Min )

Walk At Home Walk Slim With Leslie Sansone Fast Start 4 Fast Miles ( 51 Min )

Walk Away the Pounds Express With Leslie Sansone ( 4 ) 4 Mile Super Challenge ( 58 Min )

Dusty4800
03-30-2008, 07:46 AM
Hi All
Sun.4 fast miles
Mon. 3 fast miles
Tue. 2 miles
Wed 2 miles
Thur 2 miles
Fri Day Off
Sat 4 fast miles plus 3 fast miles
I had a good walking week I also had good blood work everything was down so that makes it all worth the extra miles that I have been walking since Jan.
hope you all have a great walking day
Dusty

Michele L
03-30-2008, 05:34 PM
Good evening! I finally got my rear in gear and did the 3 mile Weight Loss Walk with 3 pound weights! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Mary Kay's mile in that one! I'm NOWHERE near my March goals, but I did lose some weight and am gaining fresh motivation for the 2 challenges I'm beginning on Tuesday!

Hope everyone has been having a great weekend!

sotypical
03-31-2008, 12:48 PM
so no exercise for a few days... been pretty depressed, don't really wanna get into it somewhere where the whole world can read :( but yah, lots of crying, lol

hopefully tonight I can convince myself to do a video or two

Shy Moment
03-31-2008, 01:37 PM
sotypical
I am sorry you are feeling down. If you would like to chat please let me know. Depression makes it very hard to stick to any kind of routine sometimes. I don't know what the problems are so I can't really give any advice but please know I am thinking of you.

Michele
Sometimes we might not reach our goals when we want to. Just keeping at it shows we are committed and we should be proud of that. Glad you are getting some refresh motivation and don't you just love that workout.

Dusty
Nice to hear the blood work came out good. Exercise is for so much more than losing weight. The great things it does for our body's is well worth the time it takes. Nice going on the walking.

Since I don't generally workout on the weekends it is a new day to start things back up.

Today

You Can Do Pilate's Leslie Sansone ( 26 Min )

Walk At Home With Leslie Sansone 5 Mile Advanced ( 71 Min )

Walk At Home Walk Slim With Leslie Sansone Fast Start 4 Fast Miles ( 51 Min )