100 lb. Club - March - NSV's

View Full Version : March - NSV's

Sandi
03-01-2008, 08:54 AM
Welcome to one of the most popular threads here at the 100lb club!

For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the actual number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, resisting temptation, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. So let's start filling it up.

WebRover
03-01-2008, 12:08 PM
The first person who didn't know I was losing weight noticed and commented! It took 31 pounds for it to happen. :carrot:

FresnoBeeDude
03-01-2008, 03:27 PM
I have a part time job, working graveyard at a gas station on weekends. A customer came in last night, and remembers me from Quizno's (I had stopped in a total of 4 times ordering those new 200 calorie Sammies). She had asked why I hadn't stopped in lately, and I explained that I was keeping a tighter grip on my calorie counting. She had asked if I was on a diet. I replied that I indeed was on a diet. She then asked me, "Why?"

Some people at work have commented I look "just fine" (meaning I don't need to lose anymore). These same people seem shocked when I explain that I am still considered obese (per BMI chart, and BodyFat hydrostatic test done at a local college).

It took many years at seeing myself in a mirror, or in pictures, and seeing how fat I was. I imagine it will take years, or plastic surgery, to see myself in a different view.

I am slowly getting the impression (with the help of that Quizno's employee) that people don't view me as a fatso anymore.

Also, NSV#2. Same night. A police officer (we work out at the same times at the gym), was bragging about me to his fellow officer about my workouts.

Two compliments, one night! Dayuuum!

Gela
03-01-2008, 05:07 PM
That's incredible Fresno! My NSV today was getting into size 18 jeans, down from a tight 22. They are stretch jeans (lol and I hate stretch jeans, I haven't seen a pair of non stretch on the racks in years) so I don't know if I'm a true 18 but i'll take it!

FresnoBeeDude
03-01-2008, 07:21 PM
That's incredible Fresno! My NSV today was getting into size 18 jeans, down from a tight 22. They are stretch jeans (lol and I hate stretch jeans, I haven't seen a pair of non stretch on the racks in years) so I don't know if I'm a true 18 but i'll take it!

I think I mentioned somewhere here on 3FC, that I just did a wardrobe overhaul, courtesy of a local thrift store. Bought size 40 pants, and some 38's and 36's (goal is to get down to 35-36" - 5" to go!!). Anyways, the 38's weren't anywhere near closing on me (this is the end of January this year). Last week I tried them on. It took some convincing to close them, but I was able to. There will be no bending over/sitting down with these pants. Hopefully in a month or so I'll be a little more comfortable in them.

I guess that's a belated Feb NSV for me?

jay41
03-01-2008, 08:49 PM
My NSV today is that I passed my black belt test!!:boxing::dance:

LisaF
03-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Jay - Congratulations! That's fabulous.

SkinnyDogMom
03-01-2008, 11:18 PM
Congrats everyone! I love to hear NSV's. I find them encouraging. It helps me look for those positive things even when the scale is being a beast and seems slow or stuck.
March NSV's-walked the treadmill at a faster speed today and down from 24 pants to 22.

Gela
03-02-2008, 01:21 AM
I think I mentioned somewhere here on 3FC, that I just did a wardrobe overhaul, courtesy of a local thrift store. Bought size 40 pants, and some 38's and 36's (goal is to get down to 35-36" - 5" to go!!). Anyways, the 38's weren't anywhere near closing on me (this is the end of January this year). Last week I tried them on. It took some convincing to close them, but I was able to. There will be no bending over/sitting down with these pants. Hopefully in a month or so I'll be a little more comfortable in them.

I guess that's a belated Feb NSV for me?

Absolutely! Keep it up they'll be falling off in no time! :carrot:

fiberlover
03-02-2008, 05:40 PM
Congrats on all the NSVs!!

Today I had one. I was walking downtown with DH. The weather was warmer today, and I wore my leather jacket instead of the bulky winter one. I saw our reflection in a store window and realized that we looked pretty much like a normal couple. Not like the guy walking with the fat girl.
It was so weird. I had to stop DH for a minute so I could just look LOL! At least he is used to those little things now :)

BernerDoc
03-02-2008, 08:02 PM
Hi All...

I'm new here but I have two NSVs from this weekend. First, I am down a jean size! Whoohoo! A COMFORTABLE size, too - they fit well, look good and I know even these will be loose in no time :-)

Second, I've been doing 40-60 minutes of cardio 4-6 times a week since the first week of January. I'm not a runner. I never have been but I do push myself on the treadmill/elliptical/bike. Well, today I was competing with my dog to earn his second herding title and we had a bit of a bobble...well I had to RUN with him to get the sheep we'd dropped and I was able to do it...and didn't feel like I was going to die afterwards. LOL. I think that meant more to me than earning his title today! :dancer:

clburchett
03-02-2008, 08:07 PM
I received roses from my husband for my dedication to a healither me.

SkinnyDogMom
03-02-2008, 08:14 PM
Awwwww...what a sweet, sweet hubby!

WebRover
03-02-2008, 08:16 PM
I bought pants today that are down a size (16) and fit comfortably. :dancer:

dgramie
03-02-2008, 08:49 PM
My dress clothes are hanging on me. I am going to have to buy new tops. Good thing I only dress up for church. My sweats still can be worn baggy.

Lifeguard
03-02-2008, 10:51 PM
This is actually a February one - but I'm a little late in reporting. On Friday, I had to go to the immigration office to get my immigration id so that I'm legal - lol. When I sat down for the photo I could see the video image of myself on her computer screen - only at first I didn't have a clue who it was, until I realized the woman on the screen was wearing the same shirt as me. I look like a totally different person from the one on my driver's license (taken in September).

gr8smyl99
03-03-2008, 07:12 AM
I got through the month of February without eating badly - and with no donuts!

Beverlyjoy
03-03-2008, 02:35 PM
I guess this is kind of a NSV. I was at a meeting on Sunday - when I stood up my half slip fell to the ground. :) I've been wearing the same slip since losing all this weight. I guess it's time for a new slip. :carrot::carrot:

BTW - Because I was sitting at a table - I was able to pull it back up discreetly and noone knew but, me. :;)

KrisR
03-03-2008, 02:44 PM
I love these NSV threads too!

yesterday I had a fitness accessment at the gym. It's been a year since the last one. I have lost 14kg/30 pounds, 6.5 inches off my waist and hips and gone from "below average" fitness level to "good" (using some oxygen/Heart Rate/Treadmill testing). I am totally CHUFFED!

Slow and steady but I keep reminding myself it's a marathon not a sprint.

tingirl
03-03-2008, 10:54 PM
I had a great NSV today and I wanted to share.

One of my coworkers (who I've always considered to be tiny) and I wore almost the exact same outfit to work. Another coworker thought it was so funny and took a picture. When he forwarded us a copy of the picture I couldn't believe it. I was almost the same size as the coworker that I've always thought was so tiny. I was thrilled!!! I normally hate pictures, but I love this one.

gr8smyl99
03-04-2008, 06:16 AM
I'm thrilled that I didn't let my "non-loss" yesterday throw me off the track! Actually - it made me re-look at what I'm eating more carefully to be sure I'm not eating too much.

hardatwork
03-04-2008, 01:18 PM
This past weekend I went to a birthday party and everyone was asking me if I was dieting. It made me feel good because they said they could tell my face was slimming up. Another NSV, today I put on a pair of pants that I havent tried on in a couple of weeks and I have to keep pulling them up!! Time to invest in a belt! :-):carrot:

LaurieDawn
03-04-2008, 01:29 PM
I guess this is kind of a NSV. I was at a meeting on Sunday - when I stood up my half slip fell to the ground. :) I've been wearing the same slip since losing all this weight. I guess it's time for a new slip. :carrot::carrot:

BTW - Because I was sitting at a table - I was able to pull it back up discreetly and noone knew but, me. :;)

:lol::lol::lol:

I love stories like this! WTG!

Botzz
03-04-2008, 02:51 PM
I thought I would post up here because recently I got a reaction from my brother that was unexpected.

a little back ground, I recently moved back home all the way across the country from CA back to New England about a year ago, and my brother who lives in CA has not seen me since then. now since I came home I have lost a little weight here and there and recently (Jan) started in on a mission to lose all my excess weight, since Jan 22nd I lost 31 lbs and had been eating this same way for about a month before that so I guesstamate that I have lost in the range of 55lbsish since Christmas. anyways to the reaction, innocently enough and not thinking about it I sent him a picture of me and my daughter on my cell phone camera (he didn't know I was losing weight) and the response I got back was "Holy *expletive* thats crazy" I responded with "Huh what do you mean? its just us" and he called me right back and said that my face looked extremely different from the last time I saw him, needless to say I was Grinning ear to ear :D when I told him that I was in fact losing weight. I just thought I wold post that up as it was fitting to the thread title

As Ever
Me

Tonia
03-04-2008, 08:01 PM
:rofl:

beverlyjoy

:rofl:

I was going to post today that my undies are getting baggie...now I know not to wear a dress/skirt with my baggie undies. That might be embarrassing...:o

Shy Moment
03-04-2008, 09:17 PM
I love to read all your stories. They not only give me a chuckle sometimes. They encourage me and inspire me.

Lifeguard
03-05-2008, 02:49 AM
I went to the gym today - I've been struggling with my energy & motivation lately - thanks to the pregnancy. But I had a nice workout today.

gr8smyl99
03-05-2008, 06:21 AM
Eating at someone else's home is always challenging. Last night's dinner would not make it into the Healthy Eating Hall of Fame - thats for sure! And at first I was really upset. But then I re-thought it - and saw an opportunity to deal with real life - and make the best of the situtation.

So I had a small portion - and tried to pick through and take some extra veggies.

And today I feel so good that I made better choices :)

Lyn2007
03-05-2008, 10:44 AM
Yesterday I went shopping for some new clothes for spring. I don't *need* them quite yet so I wanted to get everything in a size or two smaller so they will fit in a couple months. So I looked through the spring pajamas and picked out an 18/20 bottom that looked pretty small (I wear 22 jeans and they're snug). I wanted to get a 16 top to work into. But all they had were 14's. I was bummed but got one anyway. When I got home, the tops and bottoms both FIT ME, and not too tight. I could wear them now. Yeah they are stretchy type fabric but I am not straining the seams or anything. Wow, I can't get my mind around it!

karmuz
03-05-2008, 12:32 PM
Lifeguard - your baby ticker is cracking me up! that is SO cute!! (and congratulations!!)

ok, here's mine. On sunday I went off to go grocery shopping. I was off from work and in my pair of (newer) size 10 jeans and just whatever, probably a hoodie. I got back from the store, and i only had two bags, so i grabbed them both (heavy! couple gallons of milk in there) my hands were full when I got to the back door - and i was locked out! Neither my boyfriend or myself has a key to the back door, and from where I park the front of the house is kind of inaccessable. I was going to have to walk around the house and the yard to get to the front with the heavy bags, so i tried to call into the house to see if my bf was around to just open up the back. so my hands are full, i'm fishing around in my purse for my cell phone, and my pants fell down. like just.. whoops! around my ankles. so full hands, cellphone attached to my head, standing at my back door and my pants are around my ankles.
right about now i'm pretty glad my yard is mostly secluded and no one drove by lol.

Lifeguard
03-05-2008, 01:34 PM
Karmuz - that is too funny!

barbygirl43
03-05-2008, 01:50 PM
A few clothing NSVs. My mom gave me a pair of size 26 jeans a couple of weeks ago. I tried them on and they were way too tight and wouldn't fit up over my hips. I wore them to work yesterday and they almost fell off. :) Most of my size 26 jeans are about to fall off me.

My biggest NSV—I bought me a size 18 red dress. I dreamed about a red dress in January and have been searching high and low. It's not the goal dress I want yet but I think I may just wear it to Easter. I need a girdle or something to pull in the squishy bits but it fit me. :D

famograham
03-05-2008, 04:49 PM
Karmuz....that is hilarious!!! SORRY! It's a fantastic NSV, but it made me laugh my head off! Glad nobody saw you :)

:congrat: :lol3:

I can only DREAM of size 10's falling off me!

:grouphug:
Linda

gr8smyl99
03-06-2008, 05:58 AM
Yesterday was my 3rd day out to lunch in a row - and I still made a good, healthy choice! 2 more to go this week.....

I can't believe I actually miss my boring brown bagged turkey sandwich - LOL!

karmuz
03-06-2008, 06:38 AM
Lifeguard - the worst part was that he didn't answer the phone!! he couldn't find it in time, even though i called twice. it's forgivable - we never do know where the phone is around here.
I ended up putting one of my bags down (in the snow and mud) hitching up my pants, put the bags back in the car, and walked around the house anyway.

famogram - I thought it was funny, too, i HAD to share. also, I see we've started out in similar places. this has been a loooong road for me, but you'll get there. work hard, stay on track, and anything is possible. If i can do it, anyone can.

kissingginger
03-06-2008, 04:54 PM
My NSV today is that I put my foot up on a stool and I could bend over and easily (without panting) and clip my toenails :):):)

Shy Moment
03-06-2008, 08:12 PM
kissing
Those are the little things in life that we never think about until we can't do them. Congrats.

barby
Nice going, bet you feel great.

kar
With my luck, if that happen to me. There would just happen to be a camera crew in the area for some reason lol.

beverly
Oh my gosh. Now I am not one to buy clothes I don't need. I don't want to spend a penny more than I need to before I am at goal weight BUT I think it is time for you to get some new clothes lol.

Botzz
How great.

Life
congrats

Lyn
Keep that feeling going and smile everyday. You have worked hard and deserve the reward of feeling great about yourself.

gr8
You are doing great.

Lyn2007
03-06-2008, 09:05 PM
I had two today!!

I had a friend come into town and invite me to Applebee's for lunch. I went in, ordered an unsweetened iced tea, and then opened the menu and just went straight for the "Weight Watchers" section. I am not on WW and I have hardly ever eaten at Applebees but I knew they had the option. I didnt even LOOK at the rest of the menu, just picked from there :)

Then we went to the park, and my friend had brought a chocolate bar for EACH of us and our kids. OMG, one of my favorite kinds, too. But I just said, no thanks, I'm full. I don't think I have ever turned down a chocolate candy bar before in my LIFE.

Gela
03-06-2008, 11:49 PM
Way to go everyone!

Today a coworker noticed my weightloss :carrot: AND my size 18 (down from 22) pants are getting looser. Woohoo!

gr8smyl99
03-07-2008, 07:11 AM
"Wrap it up....." is what I said to the waiter about the uneaten half of the HUGE turkey sandwich he served me.

Shy Moment
03-07-2008, 07:23 AM
lyn
That is terrific that you made good choices. It is also terrific, if you didn't have enough of carbs and fat and calories left for the day to have that candy bar that you turned it down. The good choices you are making each and everyday are going to last you a life time.

Gela
Oh, well done. Isn't it great when we are going to wear a smaller size.

Beth
TERRIFIC
Have you noticed more and more you just don't eat as much as you use to. There was a time, we just didn't allow our selfs to eat as much. Now, we have no desire to eat as much.

Gela
03-07-2008, 09:42 AM
I love this thread! My motivation gets fired up by everyone's stories and support :hug:

gr8smyl99
03-08-2008, 07:15 AM
Yes shy - I think you may be right! Thanks for the pat on the back :)

As for today - I think I'm losing my jeans - literally! I can get them up & down without even unbuttoning or unzipping - wow!!

But the negative mind isn't gone completely.... because in the back of my head i'm thinking, "they're an obnoxiously large size - thank god i'm done with them!!"

Shy Moment
03-08-2008, 03:21 PM
gr8
WOW that is terrific. I love it when I have to get rid of clothes because they can be taken off without unbuttoning them. I can't wait to get rid of my 14's. Probably going to be another 5 or 10 lbs but if I try hard I can put them on and take them off without unbuttoning them lol.

famograham
03-09-2008, 03:50 PM
Got a funny one for ya'! :o

I've noticed in the past few days that I'm not getting that cramp in my side when I wash my butt in the shower any more!!! :lol3:

I wonder if that had anything with me being so short???
Anybody else ever have that?

:hug: :o
Linda

WebRover
03-09-2008, 04:01 PM
I lost an inch in the waist and an inch in the hips this week.

gr8smyl99
03-10-2008, 07:21 AM
Here's a kind of funny one.... I'm throwing out my big granny panties!! I bought them in December when I had to - and I hated buying them - and now they're going straight to the trash!!! Because I will never need them again!!!!!!!

wendymeows
03-10-2008, 07:56 AM
I love all your stories and I can't wait to post on in here myself!! You are all true inspirations!! ;)

FB
03-10-2008, 10:11 AM
Yay for everyone!

While I'm not seeing a huge difference in myself or sizes, I AM fitting nicely into clothes that were snug just 2 months ago. I could have struggled to fit in them before but I hatehatehate muffin top.

People are also commenting that my hair is really long (it hasn't changed although I'm trying to grow it out). I think it's because my head is losing weight, thereby making my hair appear longer. :dizzy:

Looking forward to more NSV's!

2beautiful2Bfat
03-10-2008, 11:34 AM
I have been wearing clothes that my kids haven't seen in about 2 years!! So my oldest keeps telling me how great I look and asking me if what I'm wearing is new. She's only 7 so she has no concept of weight loss or diets etc. (I hope to keep it that way)

aerotigergirl
03-10-2008, 11:46 AM
Wow! This is truly inspirational! I'd say even more inspirational than the Weigh In stats (which are also great) from everyone because, really, what I want more than a particular number on the scale is to have a thin and healthy life---which means enjoying all of the things that you guys have all described here!

My NSV: I went shopping yesterday and tried on dresses. I was down a size! But even more importantly, I looked pretty. I thought I looked pretty! And my hair was a mess! And finally my boobies stuck out farther than my belly! I can't remember the last time that I thought I looked pretty!

Lyn2007
03-10-2008, 11:47 AM
Beth! Haha! Granny panties... I LOVE throwing them away too! I was putting some on yesterday and they were SO LOOSE they weren't going to stay up. I looked at the size and they were 3x MATERNITY!! Yikes!! I threw em out. Only cute sexy panties from now on, even if they are still kinda big :)

Shy Moment
03-10-2008, 06:30 PM
fam
What do you mean short. You are pretty darn tall lol. I think as our body's get thinner and we get stronger. We are going to see a lot of aches and pains go away.

lyn
Close your eyes and think about how you feel. Think about how you look, how your clothes fit differently ( granny panties ) lol. Enjoy that feeling. It really will help get you through the hard times.

Arro
A dress size gone. That has to make you feel terrific. I could feel your smile when you said you feel pretty. That is what is important. You know those numbers on the scale go down as we do good things for our selfs. You feel pretty, you eat better, you exercise. I don't think the numbers on the scale go down and we feel better about our selfs. I think we feel better about our selfs and the numbers on the scale go down. That is why everything else we do for our selfs is more important than those numbers.

2beautful
Isn't it wonderful to see what we have accomplished by the smaller sizes we can wear.

fatbaby
I am the same way. I am not going to wear a smaller size ( I can get into my 12's ) until they fit like they should. When my 14's can be taken off by just pulling my pants up and down and not undoing them. Then is the time to go to the next size. I want to own that size. I want to deserve that size. I am not seeing a huge difference either yet but it takes me about 15lb per size. I will be there soon. YOU will be there soon. Sometimes I think people notice a difference but they just can't put their finger on it. You hair looks longer. For some they wonder if they are wearing makeup or have they cut their hair. Enjoy that a difference is being noticed.

gr8
I love the granny pantie thing. I have always worn full panties. Anything else was for....well looking sexy for the hubby. The other day he said ok baggy britches enough is enough. You are not buying anymore of those things. Go get some undies that fit your body lol.

Web
That is terrific. Oh those inches melting away is just terrific for our self esteem.

I have seen so many things that have nothing to do ( well of course they do ) with the numbers on the scale.

1. I can do walking aerobic videos without running out of breath

2. I don't take the meads I use to take for my tummy

3. I can almost wear my size 12's Levis ( not stretch material ) and I started in a very tight size 18 stretch jeans.

4. My joints don't hurt as much

5. I don't get the catches in my ribs I use to get

6. I don't cry when I see myself in a mirror or reflected in a store window

7. I feel better about myself. I am strong, I am in control. I couldn't have done this without God's help but I do take the credit for doing what is good for me.

famograham
03-10-2008, 06:38 PM
Shy---THANKS!!! ;) But I don't know if an inch makes me pretty darn tall :lol3:

:hug:
Linda

luckyducky
03-10-2008, 07:14 PM
I have the confidence now , and just joined Taekwondo!!!! OMG!!! Watch out world, here I come!

Shy Moment
03-10-2008, 09:23 PM
Linda
My daughter is 2 inches taller than I am and she tells me she is a giant compaired to me. Your inch makes you very very tall lol.

lucky
Way to go, hope you enjoy it.

Lifeguard
03-10-2008, 11:31 PM
I was telling my DH this evening how I am so surprised that despite 70lbs down I still feel just as fat & when I look down at my body I really can't see the difference. It just amazes how crazy my perception is.

Anyway, the nsv part of it was that he then went on to tell me how much better I look & how he can feel my hip bones & see the difference a lot. (& he also told me I'm crazy - lol)

gr8smyl99
03-11-2008, 07:15 AM
Shy - it's great that you're feeling so many benefits of your newer body!!

My NSV for today is that I just feel good :) I have so much more energy!

Beverlyjoy
03-11-2008, 09:57 AM
I love, love, love reading these. It is so, so true - we cannot just judge our successes by that number on the scale.

My nsv was not binging last weekend when I felt physical pain. That is a huge accomplishment for me.

Shy Moment
03-11-2008, 12:59 PM
life
You are so right. I can see a difference but not much of a difference even after 48lbs gone. My husband really does help me keep things in perspective.

gr8
Sometimes, that is all the NSV we need. We are making a difference in what we are doing each and everyday.

Beverly
Just having control is a huge accomplishment for each and every one of us.

Rayelle
03-11-2008, 04:32 PM
I received roses from my husband for my dedication to a healither me.

I love that....that is so wonderful and kind of him!

luckyducky
03-11-2008, 06:37 PM
I exercised today even though I am stiff and sore from last night's Tae kwon do exercise!! I haven't worked this hard since high school I don't think!!( umm, count 25+ years ago!)

valpal23
03-11-2008, 09:17 PM
It was feeling like a long time since my last nsv - but today I was working with my resistance band and I realized my arms arent nearly as weak as 3 weeks ago. I can do at least 5 more reps in each set without fatigueing my arms.

Schmoodle
03-12-2008, 09:48 AM
Yesterday my darling DD opened a box of Samoas and I did not have any. I actually thought about it for a minute, considered letting myself have "just one" (we all know how that would work!), then decided "maybe I'll have one tomorrow", and had a tiny piece of dark chocolate instead.

Last week I was traveling on business and ended up at the bar of a steak house having a late dinner alone. I glanced up and realized there was a mirror over the bar and I could see myself, but for a second I didn't even realize it was me. I used to go to all lengths to avoid catching a glimpse of my reflection anywhere, so this took me by surprise. Then I realized it was me and I looked kind of "normal." Maybe even a little cute!

hardatwork
03-12-2008, 04:13 PM
I glanced up and realized there was a mirror over the bar and I could see myself, but for a second I didn't even realize it was me. I used to go to all lengths to avoid catching a glimpse of my reflection anywhere, so this took me by surprise. Then I realized it was me and I looked kind of "normal." Maybe even a little cute!

This is so amazing!! I know you were so proud......:cheers:

dgramie
03-12-2008, 04:19 PM
I noticed that my blood pressure cuff is loose and that my favorite pink sweatpants are now really long on me. I know i didnt get shorter. :O) I can really tell the working out is slimming my thighs and arms

Shy Moment
03-12-2008, 06:21 PM
You are all doing terrific. Doesn't it make you feel so good about yourself when you relize you have much more self control than you ever thought you had.

Shy Moment
03-12-2008, 08:28 PM
My wrist is down to under 6 inches :)

gr8smyl99
03-13-2008, 07:29 AM
At first I was thinking that there were no victories yesterday.....

I was at a client - and we were working through lunch - so they ordered in. I ordered a chicken salad platter - which i thought was going to be a scoop of chicken salad on a bed of lettuce with some tomato. Well - it was late - and when it got there it was huge and i was starving!!! And there was a ton of cole slaw - with lots of mayo - which had gone all over the salad part. And the chicken salad had waaaaay to much mayo. But I was starved (did i mention that?). So I ate! And I ate too much. And then I felt gross!

But then I decided to skip dinner & just have some fruit. So I guess the silver lining is that I didn't let one bad meal send me over the edge of blowing it completely! And, of course, thats the last time I'll order that!! (haha)

KimL1214
03-13-2008, 08:05 AM
I dropped a pant size!!!

aerotigergirl
03-13-2008, 10:56 AM
Someone else mentioned this a few days ago, but I noticed last night that my "larger" panties are now too big! My backside has gotten narrower, so the waistband sits up way higher than it used to. In fact, it wants to peek out from the top of my jeans if I'm not careful! I'm going to have to throw them away. And GOOD RIDDANCE! :)

Healthy Mama
03-13-2008, 04:24 PM
My wedding bands fit again and are now starting to spin around my fingers loosely.

I found myself sitting at my desk with my legs crossed comfortably under my keyboard tray!!!! I know this is really bad posture but I can cross my legs again!!!

Shy Moment
03-13-2008, 05:03 PM
gr8
That kind of accomplishment is worth its weight in gold. You do have control and you showed yourself that. Even when we can't make the best choices in what we eat. We can make the choice to not let it take over the whole day.

Kim
Nice going. You are going to reach your goals before you know it.

Aero
Nice going. Is that why that happens? I have to roll mine down or they are over my waist band by at least an inch. They didn't do that before.

Healthy
That is wonderful. Do what I did. I know where my pinkie ring on top of my wedding rings to keep them on lol.

FB
03-13-2008, 07:32 PM
Yay on your wrists Shy!
I actually came to post a NSV about wrists... My Tiffany bracelets fit again! Maybe I can get the hubby to get me a new one!

LaurieDawn
03-13-2008, 07:33 PM
I met someone today, and she asked how many kids I had. After I told her that I had five, she said, "That's amazing. You're so small." I'm still in shock that she said it, because "small" certainly doesn't describe me, but it still felt great. And she looked to be about the same size that I am.

Shy Moment
03-13-2008, 08:20 PM
fatbaby
My beautiful bracelet that he bought me a couple of years ago is now so big it falls off. We are trying to find a jeweler who can make it smaller. So far, the three we have taken it to said they won't even try. It is very delicate and because of how it is made they just can't do it :(. One told me well we can pop the diamonds out and make you a different one. They have no idea about sentimental value do they.

Lauri
Made you feel good didn't it. Good, you deserve to feel good.

LisaF
03-13-2008, 10:31 PM
I had to adjust my watch band to make it smaller. I can not remember the last time that happened.

It's funny that we have this jewelry theme going on right now. Must be the season for it :)

Lisa

keegster
03-13-2008, 10:56 PM
Tonight I went to Target and bought a jacket and a shirt and it wasn't in their Plus Size section! Now granted, the jacket and the shirt are a size XXL, but I didn't have to step foot in their horrid Plus Size section - which I always thought unfairly had such a small, unattractive selection compared to the regular section.

Shy Moment
03-14-2008, 12:10 AM
Keeg
Nice going. Bet that really made you feel good. Do you find you buy bigger clothes than what you need.

I went out this winter ( a couple of weeks ago ) and bought myself a couple of cheap tv shirts that came with thermal long sleeve shirts. I didn't think anything of it. I picked up the 2x's ( because I have always liked stuff nice and baggy ). My husband saw me in them and he wondered why I bought them so big. I said I didn't think anything of it, you know I like stuff baggy. He said ummm dear there was a time that size was nice and baggy now they are down right hanging off your body. KNOCK IT OFF. You don't wear a 1x anymore you wear a large lol. I went and got a new t shirt and thermal shirt again today ( same ones as before, they had them on sale for 5 dollars ) I wear a medium not a large lol. I got the large anyway because I like them nice and big and baggy hehehe.

gr8smyl99
03-14-2008, 07:03 AM
Shy - you must feel so great!! Way to go :)

I'm struggling with victories right now. PMS has taken over my brain - and its telling me to eat terrible things!!

So I guess my victory is NOT giving in to the temptation of greasy foods & chocolate - which has been very hard these past few days!

hardatwork
03-14-2008, 11:31 AM
I jumped on the trampoline with my kids yesterday and it wasnt as bad on me as it was about 2 months ago. Last time, I thought I was going to die and yesterday was just half of that. haha.. so much fun though and the kids love seeing moma jump hahaha

Shy Moment
03-14-2008, 06:26 PM
hardatwork
That is great. Bounce around, have a bit of fun with the kids. What a great way to do something good for you body. Half dead is always better than dead in my book lol.

gr8
It is real important for me to notice things like those shirts. I see very little difference in how I look right now and how i looked 50 pounds ago. I mean, I do see a difference but not that much. I do feel good about myself. What I am doing is pretty easy and it seems to be working. HEY don't lesson a victory of control. That is a very important victory.

LisaF
03-15-2008, 12:14 PM
I just tried on the dress that I bought for my college graduation party, and it fit! And, according to pictures from the party (oh, you bet I pulled out the pictures!) it's looser now than it was then.

Since my weight rose steadily from graduation, this means that I am now the thinnest I've been in my whole post-college life. I can't wait until I go home for the big family visit in April. :D

Lisa

Shy Moment
03-16-2008, 11:25 PM
lisa
Thats great. Think about it, that dress is going to be to big before to much longer.

gr8smyl99
03-17-2008, 07:21 AM
Shirts that I bought in December now fit over my hips!!

And easter is only a week away - and I still have not purchased or eaten 1 piece of candy - woohooo!!!!!

Lyn2007
03-17-2008, 11:56 AM
I'm not quite sure how to put this into words, but here goes...

this morning I was sitting down and went to rest my hand on my (huge, pregnant-like) belly... and was surprised to find that my hand had to drop several inches further than I thought, to reach it. And it felt sort of deflated. The belly is definately leaving...

starofsorrow
03-17-2008, 12:03 PM
My NSV is that my belt is now on its last notch...I"m looking around trying to find someone who can punch another notch in my belt so I won't have to buy a new one. =)

Beverlyjoy
03-17-2008, 12:33 PM
I went to a family party this weekend. Most folks have not seem me since I've lost this weight - I got many compliments on my looks and efforts. It felt good.

Lifeguard
03-17-2008, 03:24 PM
Star - I've used a nail & a hammer before to put a another hole. Or, most shoe repair places can do it.

starofsorrow
03-17-2008, 06:17 PM
THanks, Lifeguard!!! I'll look into doing that! =)

KateRN
03-17-2008, 06:40 PM
the scale keeps dropping and i keep "putting off" ordering pizza.
:)

Shy Moment
03-17-2008, 08:07 PM
Oh my gosh. You all are doing so great. Shirts are to big, belts are to big. Smile and think about how far you have come.

sarahdafiregal
03-18-2008, 08:59 AM
:cheer2:Hurrah for Everyone!:cheer2:

You're all an inspiration to an "old" newbie who just started again yesterday.

Although, I did have two NSV's yesterday.

1. Donuts at work and I didn't have any!
2. Went to McD's and had a grilled chicken salad.

Keep up the good work everyone!!!!

starofsorrow
03-18-2008, 11:44 AM
:) Everyone is doing fanastically, of course! =) Keep up the great work, y'all!!!

LaurieDawn
03-18-2008, 01:05 PM
I decided to train for a half-marathon! And my two older children (14 and 12) have decided to join me! It was snowing outside yesterday, so I chose to run my four miles at the gym, and there was an old man (probably 70 or so!) who kicked my butt. He probably lapped me every four times around or so. But the NSV is that I heard him coming around the first time, and became very self-conscious because my used-to-be-a-little-snug workout pants were sliding dangerously low.

Shy Moment
03-18-2008, 01:30 PM
laurie
Don't you just love it when the clothes don't want to stay on the body lol.

LaurieDawn
03-18-2008, 02:04 PM
Actually, Shy, I do - in more ways than one!

Lifeguard
03-18-2008, 04:21 PM
I went out for supper last night & only ate half my meal & brought the rest home. Ok - so the nausea is helping somewhat but I was still happy I didn't stuff myself.

Shy Moment
03-18-2008, 07:25 PM
life
That is great. Little by little we will get where we want to be.

cephalopod gal
03-19-2008, 06:31 PM
This thread is pretty much awesome.

Ok, so quick backstory: some time ago, my boyfriend and I used to have movie nights where we would watch a movie (duh), and buy a million unhealthy snacks and gleefully consume them in the dim light of the television. Ha.

Well, last night he said he wanted to watch a movie together because we hadn't done so in a while. (We watched Finding Nemo- haha!) Before I put in the movie, he asked, "So when are we going to HEB?" (the local grocery store)

I asked him "Why do we need to go to HEB?" And he replied "To buy snacks!!" I immediately thought "OH NOES!!" and I asked him "What kind of snacks?" And he was like "Wellllll I want some Sour Patch Kids, some of those Apple-o gummy rings, some gummy worms, and maybe some chocolate or ice cream for you, if you want it."

I couldn't think of anything nice to say at the moment, so I just stared at him all dumb (go me). Finally, I said, "Hmm well, we have some bananas and yogurt, I think I might just grab one of those..."

Then... realization struck. "OMG I'm so sorry!! I completely forgot about your diet!!!" Etc etc etc. Hahaha. No hard feelings though!! It was totally cool. :)

Anyway, that is my long-winded NSV: resisting delicious (non-nutritious) treats and opting for yummy yogurt! Yaaay! :)

aerotigergirl
03-19-2008, 06:41 PM
Great job everyone! Every time I read this thread, I find myself so inspired by all of your success!

My NSV this week: I bought a new pair of jeans. Same exact brand and cut as the pair I bought at Christmas, but a SIZE SMALLER! And, they FIT! They're not tight at all. In fact, they're a teensy bit loose. Also, because I don't have so much excess material around my waist, I can wear my belt on the next notch! Woohoo!

gr8smyl99
03-20-2008, 07:37 AM
I had a really good day yesterday! Mon & Tues were not completely within my plan. Now granted, neither day were blow-outs - but they weren't what I exactly planned.

As a slightly control freak kind of person - "not planned" (and especially this time of year) can lead to off the charts!!

But I sucked it up - did the best I could under the situation - and came out on top :)

Apple Cheeks
03-20-2008, 07:51 AM
My top 3 NSV's this month:

* Getting back on track, and even exercising the next day, after being out all night and drinking like a fish on St Patty's Day. :drinkup: I didn't let one day of behaving badly turn into two, turn into a week, into a month, etc. Although it was mighty difficult to drag myself out of bed to work-out the next day, I did it!

* My work clothes are getting looser, and it will soon be time to take in my belt a notch. :dancer:

* Someone has noticed that I've lost some weight. :woohoo:

starofsorrow
03-20-2008, 09:01 AM
I've noticed my hands are getting thinner, and so has my brother, who normally doesn't take notice of those things. =)

LaurieDawn
03-20-2008, 11:29 AM
I was at my son's school yesterday, and the secretary asked me how much weight I had lost. I am still not used to people noticing - it takes a lot for casual acquaintances, I think, to note any loss on someone my size - so I was thrilled. Then, today, the teller at my bank said, "Oh, my gosh, Laurie, have you lost just gobs of weight?" Then, she asked me to back up from the counter so she could get a better look before commenting on how great I looked. So weird. I see this person three or four times a month, and we have talked many times about exercise, but she's never noticed before. But it made me feel great!

Shy Moment
03-20-2008, 12:26 PM
Laurie
People do notice they just don't always say anything. I am so glad people are commenting on your loss. Makes a person feel good when their hard work is noticed.

Staro
Brothers don't tend to notice anything lol, glad he did. Hands are a funny thing, we don't think much about them and yet, they are one of the places that really show the changes in our weight.

Apple
Sounds like you are doing great. You are the one in control and that is wonderful. I can wear my daughters belts now. Couldn't have even dreamed of doing that 10 months ago.

gr8
It is a great accomplishment to pick our selfs up and keep going forward. Not every nsv is huge but I think to not let our selfs being off plan a bit turn into day after day of being off plan is a HUGE accomplishment.

Aero
That is great. Down a pant size and a belt that can go smaller. Nice going. I feel the same way. I see so many people doing great and that inspires me to do great too. I can't wait to go out and get new clothes. You all get so excited about it.

Cephel
HAHAHA Finding Nemo, we watched one of my all time favorites the other day The Emperors New Groove. BEWARE OF THE GROOOOVE, NOOOO TOUCHY hehehe. Sometimes those around us forget we have changed how we eat. We don't make it a big deal, it is just what we do. We can forgive as long as when they do remember they are supportive.

gr8smyl99
03-21-2008, 07:33 AM
I'm wearing a shirt that has been hanging in my closet for many many months! And this was definitely a shirt I wore when my hubby & I were first dating. It's not as lose now as it was then - but I can wear it comfortably - and I'm really really happy about it :) :) :)

Shy Moment
03-21-2008, 05:47 PM
Beth
That is great. I have to go out and get something for easter. I thought I could wear my Sunday outfit and yest it was getting a bit lose but I put it on and the skirt wants to fall off lol.

LisaF
03-21-2008, 11:19 PM
Today somebody (a professor) who I don't know very well at all stopped me in the campus bookstore when we were both getting coffee. He said, "Have you lost weight?" and I said, "Yes, I have." And he said, "Well, it shows. You look great."

That just made my day. Lately I've been looking in the mirror and not really being able to see a change. This was the best positive reinforcement I could have imagined. Eight hours later it's still putting a giant grin on my face.

Lisa

Lyn2007
03-22-2008, 11:25 AM
My NSV is twofold:

Even on days I have gone over my calories, I have not gone "hog wild" so to speak. I have gotten control and stopped AND have gotten on my exercise bike EVERY DAY for 18 minutes. I had been riding 3x a week but with the struggle I've had lately, I decided to ride almost daily (5-6x a week).

Second, it's working. Yesterday in the store, my size 22 (nearly new, and recently tight) jeans were actually hanging off my butt. As in, there was a lot more fabric and space than there was even a week ago. I had to keep pulling them up! So I think the biking must be doing some good!

WebRover
03-22-2008, 11:33 AM
I actually did the walk I planned to this morning!

kimmieone
03-23-2008, 10:58 AM
Being able to wear a tank top without it looking weird. Don't ask, I can't explain it. :)

Beverlyjoy
03-23-2008, 06:15 PM
DH was on the phone with a friend. He told his friend that I have lost alot of weight. Apparently his friend asked how I've done it. He replied, "She counts calories, write down everything she eats (planned or unplanned) and does meditation. That's what she does every day" DH got it so right! I know he knows what my plan is - we talk about it sometimes. He sees me writing down everything I eat. He knows I meditate almost every day. I guess the victory is that he knows that, by now, it's an every day thing and it's here to stay (knock wood).

LisaF
03-23-2008, 08:48 PM
Some time in the last couple of weeks, I noticed that I have collarbones. I can't see them yet, but I can clearly feel them. Ribs, too. No hip bones yet, though.

Lisa

dgramie
03-23-2008, 09:23 PM
My NSV for today is......I took a bath and shaving my legs laying in the tub was so easy. I use to have to struggle to get to the backs of my legs. It was so easy...I also noticed getting out of the tub was alot easier.

FB
03-23-2008, 11:50 PM
Yay debimitch! Tub time is sacred to me, and I love how losing weight makes it so much better.

My NSV for today is defeating the candy on Easter. I stared the chocolate bunnies, Cadbury Eggs and other yums down. I was a notorious candy girl in my recent past. I had a few small pieces today so I didn't go crrrrazy, but the staggering amounts of candy I saw were enjoyed by others.

gr8smyl99
03-24-2008, 07:14 AM
I did it.... got through the entire easter candy season without any!!! That is HUGE for me :)

And I allowed myself to have a very small piece of cheesecake yesterday. I planned it - and I savored every delicious bite :)

It's amazing how tasteful food can be when its not being shoved down my throat quickly while I'm sneaking so noone else will see (lol!!)

LisaF
03-24-2008, 09:45 AM
It's amazing how tasteful food can be when its not being shoved down my throat quickly while I'm sneaking so noone else will see (lol!!)

Beth ~ how amazingly true. Isn't it fantastic when we give ourselves permission to really enjoy and savor our food?

Congratulations to you and everyone who made it through the holiday sucessfully.

Lisa

sarahdafiregal
03-24-2008, 02:25 PM
GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!!!:broc:

I have a few NSV's from the weekend to share:

My size 22 jeans now fit perfectly...not too tight & I didn't have to do the "suck in and inhale" routine to get them on.

Got through Easter with only eating four jelly beans....although I did end up getting sick. :barf:

Went out for breakfast yesterday and didn't have my usual of steak & eggs, but oatmeal and an english muffin.

A gal I work with brought in all her leftover Easter candy (Snickers, PB cups, Twix, Butterfinger) so I could put it in my treat basket. I'm not even tempted to eat any....but I sure hope their eaten fast!!! ;)

Shy Moment
03-24-2008, 05:21 PM
sarah
Nice going on the pants. Hey that it great, not to even be tempted.

gr8
I do the same thing with my mountain dew. I use to drink 3 cases of the stuff a week. Now I have a can every now and then. I sit and drink it and enjoy it. Nice to allow our selfs something we like, that isn't good for us, and take the time to enjoy it.

deb
Oh nice going. Isn't it nice that laying down in the tub to relax is now relaxing instead of hard work.

Lyn
That is terrific. I know I don't really see, for me, where exercising is helping me lose weight I still lose 1 lb a week rather i was exercising or not BUT i sure do see a difference in now my body looks. Exercising seems to really help with the toning.

I have a hard time looking in the mirror and seeing much difference. My pants are all baggy in the Hanny part lol. While we were out this weekend I thought I would try on 12's since my 14's are so baggy. I was able to wear a size 10 in the same brand same type of jeans. Now, I know this is vanity sizing. They have just changed how they label things lol because I should have been able to wear a 12 no way a 10 but still made me feel good lol. I am going to wait to buy clothes until April at my annivarsary but it still made me feel good.

MamaToTomAndAlex
03-24-2008, 07:04 PM
Sarah ... that's awesome about the pants!!!!! :yay: I think it's a great idea that someone brought in all their left over candy to work... haha. What a way to get rid of it!!! I must remember that one ;)

kimmie.... I think I understand... lol :) :yay:

Beth ... there is a guy called Paul McKenna who is a British Hypnotist who also has a book and an Audio Tape called :I can make you thin. What you said reminded me soooo much of what he said and what I posted to another forum the other day actually ....

EDIT : It reads wrong. This is actually his comment in response to why we should savour every single mouthful we eat as it's the only way to notice when our stomach is full or when we are 'satisfied'....
The problem is that even though they feel temporarily high from cramming in lots of food, they feel fat and guilty afterwards. In fact, they feel so bad that they repeat the whole ritual of unconsciously stuffing themselves again in order to anaesthetise the bad feelings they just created!It's soooo true. I might actually start another post about him, as he's very insightful :) Meanwhile.... :yay: for you getting through Easter with no candy!!!!! :)

I am soooo impressed by how many people didn't cave into the candy.... :) *whistles innocently* .... Don't look at me!!!!! :)

Beverly ... it's so cool when your husband gets it and understands, isn't it? My husband is always going on about my weight loss and I do love it!

My NSV for today.. besides running for 20 minutes straight ... (I was so psyched I forgot about this thread... and started a fresh one all for myself .... oops! Sorry... :o ... but other than that... I posted it on the telling your weight thread, but I'm still feeling good about it. The neighbour came over and said to my husband : "So, how do you like your new wife?" ... hehe.... so cool .... :)

I haven't checked this thread enough as I've only just really 'found' this site..... but I intend on doing so more often as every single person should get a :yay: for NSV's!!!!!!!

gr8smyl99
03-25-2008, 07:15 AM
wtg - shy! i think you should have someone take your picture. sometimes it helps us see ourselves more clearly than the mirror - and be sure you're wearing those 10's!

The end is in sight.... Just 21 days till tax season is over, and I'd really like to lose 3 more lbs before then. Last night my hunnie told me how proud he was of me - and that he knows it will be the first April 16 that I don't have to "start my diet". Woohooo!!

Shy Moment
03-25-2008, 04:42 PM
gr8
We are going to have pics taken in April for our anniversary. I can't wait. I won't be where I want to be but I will sure be closer than I thought I would be when the doc told me May 9th I could TRY to lose weight but that I shouldn't count on to much results because it would probably take me years to get rid of all the weight the meads put on me. What does she know, heck she is only PRACTICING medicine lol. Doesn't that always give you are warm and fuzzy feeling practicing medication. I really would like to find a doc that is no longer practicing but knows what he is doing lol. Those 10's give me an ache lol I hate vanity sizing. I have a pair of 10's in my closet and I can't even think of getting into them yet. When I can I will post a pic in my size 10 pants lol. Not having to start your diet. Aren't we all glad we didn't put this off. Think about how far we have come. Right now, look and see how much you have lost. All of that would be in the future if you had put it off again. Be proud.

Mama
My husband is so supportive I couldn't want more from him. He is always commenting on my weight loss because he knows I need to hear it.

When I started to exercise a few months ago. I had a hard time getting through a 1 mile walking/aerobic video. Now I can do all of the three mile ones I have. Today I did a 5 mile one. I am proud of myself and know my lungs and heart love me.

gr8smyl99
03-27-2008, 07:26 AM
My NSV for yesterday.... I ate! Got done with work early last night - so I ran around & did all the things I don't seem to have time for lately. It was 8 when I finally sat down, and then I realized I was really hungry - and I had missed dinner. But I was too hungry to just skip it - so I had some turkey & cheese. Kind of dull & plain - but I was pleased that I ate it - rather than allowing myself to get starved and eat something later that I would regret.

Shy Moment
03-28-2008, 01:34 AM
Beth
Eating is important. We need to eat the body really wants us too. It is a real good idea to never let the body get so hungry we just eat and eat.

findingfawn
03-28-2008, 08:42 AM
It would take me 5 years to catch up on this tread... so I just wanted to tell everyone you are all doing wonderful! Keep up the good work!

I have a NSV!!! This morning while in the shower I realized my belly roll no longer was laying on my legs while I was standing there!! I have only been at this a week! What a difference a little exercise and thought out eating can make! (I was almost too embarrassed to admit that... but I am sure I'm not the only one who has been excited over that..:lol:).

karmuz
03-29-2008, 08:21 AM
i have two!
while I haven't lost any lbs this week, i have lost ANOTHER inch in my bust and my hips. as usual, my waist is plodding along slowly with only 1/2" lost.

and...back in the day i had dieted myself down to 165 (and then dieted back up to 200, my recent starting point in october - i had maintained at least the 50lb loss for about 2 years...) anyWAY i had bought myself a pair of juniors jeans while i was up in boston.. american eagle, i was at quincy market or something and too proud of myself for getting to 165 not to spend the money on a pair of gift jeans..they were like 60 bucks.. a size 12 and still on the snug side.
i haven't even dared try them on recently because if they were snug at 165 there was no way i could wear them now.. yeah well i missed that party.. today is laundry day, i have to go to work, and they were my only clean jeans..i figured i could suffer in too-small jeans for one day. they are too big. like almost silly too big.
..and this is proof i have REALLY changed my body throughout these past few months...

findingfawn
03-29-2008, 08:31 AM
Awesome Karmuz! Way to go!

Beverlyjoy
03-29-2008, 10:42 AM
My nsv is 45 minutes of picking the turkey meat off two carcasses after I'd made broth for turkey and noodles and NOT taking one bite.

Lifeguard
03-29-2008, 11:07 AM
I was in a restaurant the other day & unexpectedly looked up to see myself in a mirror. My belly was definitely nowhere close to being out as far as my breasts - while SITTING!!! Ok - I realize that won't last for long but my new belly will be a different kind of big!

LaurieDawn
03-29-2008, 08:45 PM
I had a strange kind of NSV. I have been wanting to get a completely new hairstyle for a couple of years. So, I told myself when I started this that when I lost 20 pounds, I would do it. Then, it was Onederland. Then, it was getting out of obesity (180 for my height). So, finally, I decided I would just get 'er done, and I went today. I picked a style from the book, and asked the stylist if she thought it would look good with my face. She pondered, then said, "Yes. It will draw attention away from your face." She was quite serious when she said it too. So, I said, "Interesting. I didn't realize it was that important to draw attention away from my face." Then, she realized what it sounded like, and said, "Oh. I just meant your face is a little long, and this cut will minimize that." So - the NSV is that my hair was cut in a way to minimize the length rather than the roundness of it. That's something, huh?

BernerDoc
03-29-2008, 09:35 PM
Wow. Now that March is coming to a close, I've realized a bunch of NSVs that have happened to me this month...some have made me laugh, some have made me really proud of myself....some have given me that weird warm fuzzy "wow, I'm really doing this...and doing it right" feeling.

Here are a few I can think of off the top of my head.

-I'm down a surgery glove size. I finally have smaller hands that the two male associates I work with!
-I realized while stretching, there's a lot "less of me" to stretch around in some of the poses
-I'm up to week 4 of C25K - need I say more?
-Sitting in a lecture hall, I realized there was (again) less of me in that cramped seat!
-I had to put four holes in my belt. I think I need a new belt...oh yeah and I have to wear the belt to keep my jeans on
-My butt is a whole lot smaller. LOL
-I'm down a shirt size...probably a pant size too, but I'm not investing in anything just yet.
-My collarbones have made their appearance...who knew those sneaky little suckers were hiding there??

So...I may only be down 20lbs since January. I may have a long way to go...but looking at that list, I'm pretty proud of where I am and how far I've come to this point. Thanks for letting me share :D

gr8smyl99
03-31-2008, 06:52 AM
I somehow managed to be with both my parents yesterday (divorced) and didn't go running to the fridge when we it was done!!

Tonia
03-31-2008, 08:54 AM
I have to go through my clothes and get rid of some that are too big!

karmuz
03-31-2008, 09:08 AM
I have to go through my clothes and get rid of some that are too big!

isn't that a great feeling Tonia?!
I recently aquired a shirt from work (it was free, but a M and organic cotton from a company that runs notoriously small)
Holding it up to me, i was like, this will NEVER fit me.
it's a little snug in the bust, but otherwise it looks REALLY good. I'm wearing it running today.

oh, yeah, and i'm going OUTSIDE to run today. that's my NSV.

Shy Moment
03-31-2008, 05:18 PM
karmuz
That is so nice. It feels great to think we can't get into something and find out we are smaller than we think lol.

Tonia
Terrific idea. You are never going to need those bigger sizes again. Get rid of them

Berger
Darn, you have come a long way this month. 20 pounds since Jan that is terrific nice amount of weight to lose in such a short time. Congrats.

Life
Hope you are doing well.

Beverely
I didn't know that was possible lol. Way to go.

Karmuz
You are doing terrific. Don't you hate when you wait to long to wear something.

Finding
Don't be embarrassed each of us love when that kind of thing happens to our body's.

Lyn2007
03-31-2008, 05:27 PM
Mine is... I feel like a different person, and if you knew what I felt like before, you know that this is a very good thing.

Shy Moment
03-31-2008, 09:35 PM
lyn
I so do understand what you are saying. 46 weeks ago I was to the point I couldn't stand to see myself. Now, I am not where I want to be but I sure feel great about myself again.

JasonsLea
04-01-2008, 01:29 AM
I got a compliment today: this nurse in one of the units looked at me as I was pushing the dirty tray carts and said 'You have such a smooth complexion, just flawless......it's beautiful.' I just stood there, sweating bullets, my hair itching like a MF in that damn net, and smiled. I don't see what she sees, of course, but it's nice to know that my little regimen I started a while ago seems to be working. :D

gr8smyl99
04-01-2008, 07:24 AM
It's April 1 - and my biggest NSV for the month of March is NO DONUTS (or muffins or other dunkin delicious treats)!!!!!

I made a deal with myself. I love DD coffee, and I didn't want to give it up. And I didn't. And I go in there every day - and I walk out with coffee - just coffee!!