Fitness Videos - The Firm Chat - everyone welcome

View Full Version : The Firm Chat - everyone welcome

fiberlover
03-01-2008, 08:38 AM
Hi Firmies! This thread is for anyone who used the Firm workouts, in any format. Post how the workouts are going for you!

Today is March 1st, hoping Spring gets here soon - seeing as we just got another 6 inches of snow last night :dizzy:

Going to do Cardio Overdrive today.

Gwen77
03-01-2008, 09:27 AM
Yeah! March thread! Lori, you rock!

fiberlover
03-02-2008, 04:46 PM
Hi all! I did Hard Core Fusion today. I increased the weights on the medium ones, so the workout was a little tougher today. Made me sweat!

fiberlover
03-04-2008, 08:28 AM
Hi Firm fanatics!
Today will be Cardio Overdrive. I am liking that one more the more I do it. It sure is a workout!

Yesterday I dusted off my Slim in 6 dvds for a changeup. I forgot how hard those work the legs! Good thing the Firm has a lot of squats, dips and lunges!

allabouttheskinny
03-05-2008, 06:56 PM
I'm adding cardio (treadmill) to the firm since I'm only doing the express versions. I'm too out of shape to do the full versions, but I will work my way up. I'm doing upper body sculpt today. :carrot:

fiberlover
03-06-2008, 08:58 AM
allabouttheskinny - which Firm workouts do you have? I have the new Transfirmation series with the changeable weights - and love them!

Today is Hard Core Fusion day! :workout:

fiberlover
03-08-2008, 03:53 PM
My family is visiting, so I made myself get up early this morning to do exercise, knowing I wouldn't likely have the time or inclination to do it later. Popped in Cardio Overdrive and did the express workout.

mags319
03-08-2008, 04:50 PM
I have the Transfirmation videos, but I'm so out of rythm that I can't keep up! I'm always 30 seconds behind the skinny b**** on the video!! I told my husband, and he laughed at me. Then he did it. Tough Army guy who runs 4 miles 4x week couldn't keep up either!!! LOL i'm such a dork

Maggie

fiberlover
03-10-2008, 09:29 AM
Maggie - I know what you mean LOL. I felt so uncoordinated at first. I am really getting the hang of it now, though. It certainly gets easier.

fiberlover
03-10-2008, 04:01 PM
Today I did Hi Def Sculpt. I love this one!

I just got a catalog from Collage video today. I am thinking of getting some other Firm workouts from there.

Daimere
03-10-2008, 06:40 PM
I did a tranfirmer workout yesterday. I failed all around since it was my first with that opne

fiberlover
03-11-2008, 03:18 PM
I might go check out Kmart for the Transfirmer. Maybe as my reward for when I get into the 150s.

Did Cardio Overdrive today. I think Allison is my favorite instructor. Her cues are so good.

Gwen77
03-12-2008, 09:16 AM
I have had nothing but health issues in my house the last three weeks. Between flu and punomonia. I also had to take my 13 yr old daughter to a pediatric cardiologist last week. So needless to say I have not been sticking to my 5 days a week. I did two workouts last week and once this week. I will do cardio overdrive today. No matter what. I have been sticking to my diet though. Seems like the only thing I can control these days.
Good thing is is that I have not lost anything else, but I have not gained.
Here's to hope. Hope, that I can get back on track. I want this so bad, but am never ready for life's bumps.

fiberlover
03-12-2008, 12:46 PM
Gwen - I don't think anyone is really ready for life's bumps :) - it's what you do afterwards that counts.
Get yourself better and ease back into workouts.

Gwen77
03-12-2008, 03:59 PM
Did Cardio Overdrive, and am so happy that I did. It was only the 25 min one because my 1 yr old is teething and so he is not napping all that well. But hey, at least its something!

fiberlover
03-14-2008, 09:40 AM
Trying to decide which Firm workout to do today. I think Hi Def Sculpt.

I also have a Firm dvd coming next week from Netflix. Allison is my favorite instructor, I think. Her cues are great - so I have Bootcamp: Maximum Calorie Burn coming to try out.

fiberlover
03-15-2008, 07:28 PM
Did Cardio Overdrive today.
I was a bit disappointed - my netflix came, but it wasn't the workout. I guess that one is popular and out of stock now! So I got the next movie in the queue. How funny to be disappointed at not getting a workout dvd LOL!

fiberlover
03-17-2008, 03:31 PM
Hi Firmies! Welcome to a new week!

I did Hard Core Fusion today. I started doing some of the moves advanced instead of beginner.

fiberlover
03-19-2008, 03:39 PM
Firm peeps - are you still here?

Today I did Hard Core Fusion. It goes by so fast, I can't believe it is almost 50 minutes long!

fiberlover
03-21-2008, 07:10 PM
Got the Boot Camp workout today. If I didn't do the beginner moves, it would have been super hard! There was a lot of plyo work, which I find very difficult. Nice change of pace, though. I'll keep the dvd for a while before sending it back.

fiberlover
03-23-2008, 10:39 AM
Today is Cardio Overdrive. WooHoo!

Happy weekend everyone!

fiberlover
03-24-2008, 04:47 PM
Guess it is just me now :(

Did Hard Core Fusion today! :lifter:

GlitzyGrad
03-24-2008, 06:19 PM
Does anyone follow the FIRM rotation calendar? I have a hard time sticking to it because things come up and I skip a day. If you don't follow the calendar, how often do you do the DVDs? When I don't follow the calendar I feel like a slacker and half the time I lose motivation to keep working out :?: (poor excuse, I realize this)

Any suggestions on how to incorporate the FIRM into my workout rotation? I have a treadmill, Slim in Six, two sets of FIRM workouts and the Biggest Loser workout DVDS. I'm set... and I'm actually motivated but a little confused on what to do when. Any thoughts??

<3 Angie

fiberlover
03-25-2008, 08:30 PM
Angie - I followed the rotation for 1 month. Now I just do the dvds a few days a week. You just want to avoid heavy weights 2 days in a row.
I have read that you should change up your exercise routine every 6 weeks to keep your body from becoming to used to a certain routine.

I am not familiar with the Big loser workouts, but I do have Slim in 6. I consider the Firm and SI6 to be pretty similar.

fiberlover
03-26-2008, 02:44 PM
I did weight training today, so only did the express version of Cardio Overdrive.

Happy2BeSandee
03-27-2008, 04:37 PM
I love the Firm video's. I started with the 1st one about 15 years ago...I still have it...I think it's one of the hardest...you totally feel it when you do it. Now I do "complete aerobics and weight training" with "Emily", the fanny lifter and the stick...I use an old bar bell holder...it works just fine. When I lost my weight..my butt left too...it was a little flat nothing...now it's tight and round and lifted and my thighs look great too. I would like to see more improvement on my abs and triceps though...I do it 2 times a week...I also do Yoga 2 times a week...and it's enough to keep me in shape....along with eating right of course.

Darby1
03-27-2008, 05:24 PM
Well, I finally have been able to string together 3 days of working out! I've had a rough time getting motivated since about Christmas. I got on the treadmill the first two workouts, and today I did Supercharged Sculpting, which seems to always be the one I go back to. I'll get back on the treadmill tomorrow and then Saturday plan to do either Jiggle-Free Arms or Jiggle-Free Buns.

Have a great day, everyone!

fiberlover
03-30-2008, 08:16 PM
Hi all! Did Cardio Overdrive today!

Girlmarie
03-30-2008, 11:31 PM
Hi I am trying to get some feedback on the FIRM...I'm looking at buying the latest version, I have about 45 lbs to lose and I'm having problems sticking to a plan. Any comments would help.
Thanks....

fiberlover
03-31-2008, 03:37 PM
Girlmarie - I have the newest workouts with the adjustable dumb bells. I love it. However, you do have to stick to it. I don't follow the eating program in the book, but you certainly could do that.

taragettingthin
04-03-2008, 11:33 PM
Hello...
As I'm unable to locate April thread, I guess I just will have to post on here.

I jsut received my Transfirmation kit today and am very excited to start it tomorrow. I used to not work out at all, just started going to Curves at the beginning of March since I really don't have time to stay at gym more than 30 minutes. However, I wanted to add more cardio, since I know cardio is def needed to lose weight..and Transfirmation informacial caught my attention big time!

I'm trying to figure out the routine, although there is the calendar in the booklet that came with the kit. I do Curves Mon, Wed, and Friday...and I'm a single mom, working full time and going to school too.. I wonder how it's going to work out but I'm so excited to see the result after 10 workouts. This coming Monday is my first measurement day since Curves...I surely will be able to compare the result and see how great Transfirmation works! :D

fiberlover
04-05-2008, 10:46 PM
You will see results after 10 days if you follow the booklet. I didn't think I would since I already was working out before starting the Transfirmation.
I lost 10 inches in my first 2 weeks!

I really love Cardio Overdrive!

taragettingthin
04-06-2008, 09:10 PM
You will see results after 10 days if you follow the booklet. I didn't think I would since I already was working out before starting the Transfirmation.
I lost 10 inches in my first 2 weeks!

I really love Cardio Overdrive!
I haven't done Cardio Overdrive yet. I've done Cardio Party, though...I actually liked it a lot. It's probably because I love latin dance. :D
I couldn't believe how much I was sweating...and can't wait till the 10 workouts are over...8 more to go..as today was first rest day. :D

jdel
04-07-2008, 12:32 PM
Hi everybody!

I received my TransFIRMation kit last week and am following the rotation calendar. I'm due to do Hard Core Fusion tonight for the first time. I've been enjoying it so far, but I made the executive decision to swap out the Cardio Party DVD with Turbo Jam's Cardio Party DVD instead (Mix #2) because I cannot stand how cheezy the girls are during the workout.

I'm looking forward to checking on my measurements at the end of 10 workouts!

taragettingthin
04-07-2008, 01:41 PM
I still got 3 more days to go till Hard Core Fusion... I did hear a lot of great things about it, so I can't wait! =)

fiberlover
04-07-2008, 02:21 PM
The Hard Core Fusion is great. I mostly do the Cardio Overdrive and HCF - the the HiDef Sculpt thrown in on occasion. I don't do the Cardio Party, just don't care for it very much.

fiberlover
04-08-2008, 12:06 PM
Today is Hard Core Fusion!! Tiring, but rewarding!

ggmugsy
04-09-2008, 07:47 PM
Hey!!

I'm so glad I found this thread!!

I've been firming for a LONG time. My first 2 videos were Vol I with Susan Harris and Vol II with Janet Jones-Gretzky. I still have them.

I'm on WW and after being stuck at the same weight for 6 weeks, I bought a heart rate monitor. I found WW gave me more than double the amount of AP's I really earned.

Does anybody here use a heart rate monitor to keep track of their actual calories burned??

I've found workouts with Allie as the instructor are the ones I burn the most calories. Today I did Aerobic Body Shaping and burned 350 calories. Whoo-Hoo!!

Darby1
04-09-2008, 08:29 PM
I ordered several dvd's from the firm direct site late last year, and just noticed a $9.99 charge on my credit card. I tried calling them but they are closed for the day.

I looked on their site and I noticed that there's a $9.99 charge for the use of their Firm Believers message board but I never joined that.

I'm just wondering if the Firm has done this to anyone else and how hard it's going to be for them to remove the charges.

I love their product, but I hate their customer service and I sure don't want to get embroiled in a months worth of arguing with them.

Thanks

fiberlover
04-09-2008, 08:35 PM
ggmugsy - I like Allie and Alison for instructors. Alison has great cueing, which makes her workouts easy to follow.

Darby - I never had a charge from the Firm show up on my statement (other than when I bought my set). Hopefully it will be resolved quickly for you!

taragettingthin
04-09-2008, 09:40 PM
I got to finish my first 5 workout today...and can't wait till Friday to start the second week. I actually like all 4 of them, including Cardio Party. Today was my frist day doing HCF and honestly I was very excited to see how it would go since I heard so much compliments about it. I loved it! =)

ggmugsy
04-10-2008, 12:01 PM
Darby - I haven't had that problem with the FIRM direct. It seems to take them forever to actually ship anything I order though.

I'm going to do Strong Heart today. I'll post how many calories I burn after I'm finished!

Happy FIRMing!!

ggmugsy
04-10-2008, 02:00 PM
Kind of disappointed!! I was jogging in the transitions trying to keep my heart rate up and I only burned 288 calories with Strong Heart. It's a great workout, just not very aerobic. :(

fiberlover
04-10-2008, 08:53 PM
ggmugsy - is that an older Firm workout?
I use netflix, and have been getting Firm workouts through them to try out - although I did buy the new Transfirmation kit, which I totally love!

taragettingthin
04-10-2008, 09:58 PM
Oh, I didn't know Netflix had Firm workouts. I may try it when I look for something new. thanks, Lori!

fiberlover
04-11-2008, 09:40 AM
taragettingthin - yes, netflix has tons of exercise dvds! It's great, because I can try something and it doesn't matter if I don't like it, cause I can send it back! I have found some that I liked so much I added (or will be adding) them to my collection.

taragettingthin
04-11-2008, 03:29 PM
Thanks for your info Lori. I will check it out. :)
I started my second week today with the Firm. I can already see from my tummy..Although I was going to gym for a month before I started Firm, I didn't start seeing it really clearly until I started TransFirmation and it's only been 5 times!
Well... I can't wait till next Thursday so I can measure myself! (I started my week on Friday... :) )

NCGurl
04-12-2008, 01:18 PM
Hey I am new to TFC I have recently started a firm video called The Firm Super Cardio Mix, I have found that I am really out of shape LOL. But I have finished the 5K challenge. I was wondering, what Firm video do you guys recommend for a beginner or do I need to stay with what I have. I enjoy the video but I cant keep up. LOL

taragettingthin
04-12-2008, 01:33 PM
Hi NCGirl, Welcome! I am a beginner myself and own Transfirmation kit. It comes with 4 dvds: Cardio Party, Cardio Overdrive, Hi-Def Sculpt, and Hard Core Fusion. I like all of them and I'm able to follow them with no big problem..

fiberlover
04-12-2008, 02:59 PM
I like the Transfirmation as well. YOu can do the express version, which is a shorter workout that leaves out the toughest segments.

You'll build up to it. You don't need to keep up with the instructors, as long as you keep moving. Speed and coordination will come.

ggmugsy
04-14-2008, 11:47 AM
Fiberlover - Yes. Strong Heart / Strong Body is an older set of videos but they are still available at firmdirect.com . . . they call them a Cross Training 2-pack. Firm Strength and Firm Cardio.

I just bought the Cardio Kit today. 9 VHS tapes for only $25.16 (or something like that if you are a FIRM member.) I can hardly wait!!

taragettingthin
04-14-2008, 01:56 PM
Today is my 8th day...2 more days and I will post my first "result"! =)

GlitzyGrad
04-14-2008, 04:58 PM
For those of you using the Firm on an on going basis 2 questions,
1.) how long did you use the videos before you started noticing some tone? and
2.) Is it just me or are the samba moves in some of the transfirmation dvds impossible to get?? I feel so uncoordinated. I exercise in our living room in front of a big bay window and I'm certain my neighbors probably think I'm a drunken ballerina! :^:

taragettingthin
04-14-2008, 05:23 PM
Glitzy,
1. Well, it's only been 8 exercises so far so I don't know yet. But I will let you know when my 10 workout is done. :)
2. I have no problem with the samba moves, but then again, I danced latin dance for about couple years so that may be why. :P

fiberlover
04-15-2008, 05:53 PM
Glitzy - I saw results after 10 workouts. I was surprised because I was already working out prior to the Firm.

And yes, the dance moves are tricky to get. The samba is hard for me as well, although I did Cardio Overdrive today and did it pretty well LOL! And that is after 3 months of doing it.

taragettingthin
04-16-2008, 04:12 PM
So today was my 10th workout with TransFirmation.
I am not going to weigh today because my weigh-in is every Monday. From last Monday to this Monday, I lost 2.5lbs.
Here are my measures:
Upper chest: 1.5 in
Bust: 1.5 in
Midriff: 2.5 in
Upper arm: 1 in
Waist: 2 in
Upper hip: 1 in
Lower hip: 1 in
Upper thigh: 0.5 in
Mid thigh: +1 in (ehhh? blah)

In total: 11.5 inches gone in 10 workout! yay! =) Can't wait till next Monday to see the weight, too. =)

fiberlover
04-16-2008, 04:35 PM
So today was my 10th workout with TransFirmation.
In total: 11.5 inches gone in 10 workout! yay! =) Can't wait till next Monday to see the weight, too. =)

:woohoo:

spcdcider
04-21-2008, 06:46 PM
Does anyone know a title I can look up to go with the sculpting stick? I have the transfirmer and transformation systems. I had the sculpting stick with a VHS set and no longer own a VHS. I got rid of the tapes long ago and kept the stick.
THANKS.

fiberlover
04-21-2008, 07:01 PM
spcdcider - www.collagevideo.com has tons of Firm workout dvds.

Try looking for those instructed by Allie, she does the stick workouts. Power Sculpt is one of them.

martinlady711
04-22-2008, 01:07 AM
I am new to this thread so forgive me if i missed someone saying they do use it. I have the "ultimate fat burning workout" DVD...anyone have it or used it before?

spcdcider
04-22-2008, 06:17 PM
Fiberlover, thank you, thank you, thank you!

fiberlover
04-22-2008, 07:08 PM
Fiberlover, thank you, thank you, thank you!

You're welcome :D

Today I did Hard Core Fusion. Love it!!

fiberlover
04-22-2008, 07:09 PM
I am new to this thread so forgive me if i missed someone saying they do use it. I have the "ultimate fat burning workout" DVD...anyone have it or used it before?

I haven't done this one. There are so many Firm workouts to try! Is this one hard?

taragettingthin
04-22-2008, 09:28 PM
Today I did Cardio Overdrive... The least one I'm used to because this was only 2nd time doing it, as I'm on the 3rd week. Well, I'm almost done with the 3rd week, too...since I started my calendar on Friday, not Monday. =)

taragettingthin
04-22-2008, 09:45 PM
By the way... does anyone have the workout calendar for advanced? (Transfirmation system)

martinlady711
04-23-2008, 02:29 AM
I haven't done this one. There are so many Firm workouts to try! Is this one hard?

I wouldn't say it was hard exactly. Kinda fast paced. Only a 40min workout with Allison. No floor work all aerobic. Well a few exercises with dumbbells.

Daimere
04-29-2008, 11:54 AM
I FIRMED today

taragettingthin
04-29-2008, 09:45 PM
=) Tomorrow is my last one of the first month... so I'm quite excited to see how much I lost since the first 10 work out!

dsamy
04-30-2008, 07:48 AM
Hi Firmies.

can't tell you how thrilled I am to find you guys. I just received my complete aerobics and weight training by emily welsh. I was wondering if doing this dvd 3x/wk will render effect or do I have to get the whole system (other 2dvds). BTW, I am a beginner. I started a while ago with t-tapp (15-45 min workouts). This program promises 6-8 inches and/or 2closing sizes within 2wks. I have acheived none so far except that I credit it for elevating my metabolism, even the 15 min one. it is also a huge fatigue fighter

Daimere
04-30-2008, 09:53 AM
Anything will help. ^_^ It might not be as fast as the infomercials claim though.

tinabinab
04-30-2008, 01:27 PM
I bought the Time Crunch video at WM a few months ago - it has a time crunch and a regular length workout on it - I've tried doing the regular workout and I just cannot keep up with it. I'm lost within the first few moves. I've tried several times, and just end up frustrated and moving on to something else. The one time I did "finish" it, I didn't feel very accomplished.

I've always wanted to try the Firm though, and this was the only one my WM had. Is there a beginner one in particular that y'all would recommend?

TIA!

fiberlover
05-03-2008, 04:25 PM
tinabinab - do you have netflix? You can try a bunch of the Firm workouts from there.
All of the DVDs usually have an express workout option, which is shorter - plus there is normally a beginner instructor there who modifies all the moves.

Spiders from Mars
05-10-2008, 02:41 PM
Hi, all. I hope it's okay that I jump into this thread! I love the Firm! My favorite video right now is Cardio Overdrive, which I'm off to do right now. I can't wait until I can sign up with netflix again, I had no idea there were workout videos on there.

:carrot:

Applez
05-14-2008, 04:03 PM
I am new and glad I found other Firm users! Hope I can join, casue I have the Blue Box Firm. Do they have the Box anymore? Everyone is talking about the TransFirm thing. Guess mine must be old even though it is only 3years old :(
But I LOVE LOVE my Blue Box and my Stick!
I did the Fat Cardio Blast.
You can go on ebay and find The Firm workouts on DVD or VHS Cheap! That is where I get my CD's from.

fiberlover
05-15-2008, 08:24 PM
Spiders, I really like Cardio overdrive as well. Have you tried Hard Core Fusion yet?

Applez - I have been thinking about buying the box and stick for the Firm. They have those at Target here. I love the Firm workouts!

Applez
05-16-2008, 09:21 AM
You will LOVE the box and stick! The stick is great for adding extra weights on some of the workouts they do plus there is a video that i got with mine that uses the stick the entire workout.(and not to mention the fact that I did not have to go buy hand held weights) :)

Corinne
05-17-2008, 03:00 PM
Hello,
Just received my Firm Transfirmation today in the mail. My question is can you always do the express workouts and never do the long versions? does it matter?

taragettingthin
05-19-2008, 03:02 AM
I've been feeling like the weights are too light...in TransFirmation. The one I ordered only has total 8 lbs...meaning my light weight is 1 lb per one side, medium 3 lb per one, heavy is only 4 lb per one!! So I went and got 5 lbs weights today! So my light will be 3 lb, medium 5 lb, heavy 8 lbs! I can't wait to try them tomorrow with HCF! I will be SWEATING and Loving it! =)

RockiLake
05-20-2008, 02:12 AM
Hi Ladies, :D

What exactly is the firm transfermation? I am still pretty new to this site and I see a lot of different things going on. I ordered Hip Hop Abs and just started it today (first workout in a lllllooooonnnnngggg time). Right now it is OK for me since I am really starting something new.

Is it wise to include several different videos to a workout regimen? I do look forward to my new found workouts, but I don't want to get burned out on one DVD :chin:

:goodluck: to all on their goals and accomplishments.

taragettingthin
05-20-2008, 02:54 AM
Hello,

First of all, welcome to 3FC! =)
You said that you just got Hip Hop Abs DVD?
Well, you can check out TransFirmation at www.getfirmtoday.com.
I get bored quite easily so TransFirmation is pretty good, as there are 4 DVD's in the system. I also have another dance based workout dvd, and just got a pilates dvd. Of course, I don't do all of them on one day. TransFirmation actually comes with a work out calendar, letting you know which DVD to use for each day.

Well, hope this helped little bit and good luck with your weight loss journey, too! =)

fiberlover
05-20-2008, 03:12 PM
Hello,
Just received my Firm Transfirmation today in the mail. My question is can you always do the express workouts and never do the long versions? does it matter?

Exercise is exercise. You won't see the full benefits of The Firm without graduating to the longer versions, but the shorter ones are still good.

fiberlover
05-20-2008, 03:14 PM
I've been feeling like the weights are too light...in TransFirmation. The one I ordered only has total 8 lbs...meaning my light weight is 1 lb per one side, medium 3 lb per one, heavy is only 4 lb per one!! So I went and got 5 lbs weights today! So my light will be 3 lb, medium 5 lb, heavy 8 lbs! I can't wait to try them tomorrow with HCF! I will be SWEATING and Loving it! =)
The light weight should be 3 pounds. The bar is 1#, and each small disc is one pound - so the light is 3, medium weights are 5 - and combined you get 8# - on each side!.

I had gotten the free upgrade with the extra discs, so I can add 4 more pounds to each weight.

taragettingthin
05-20-2008, 03:39 PM
The light weight should be 3 pounds. The bar is 1#, and each small disc is one pound - so the light is 3, medium weights are 5 - and combined you get 8# - on each side!.

I had gotten the free upgrade with the extra discs, so I can add 4 more pounds to each weight.

Yeah, the one I got was not directly from the Firm website...so it came with 4 discs (2 on each side) and 4 bars. So it was giving me only 4 lbs on each side for heavy! blah. Now I finally got 5 lbs weight that I can get the total 8lb on each. =)

thebeautywithin
05-21-2008, 11:40 AM
Okay ... I've been considering getting the Total Body Transfirmation Kit for some time but haven't yet. After reading all your posts, I'm seriously considering it again. I'm assuming that I should get the Transfirmation Kit first though? Is that the best place to start?

fiberlover
06-10-2008, 04:20 PM
We lost the last couple weeks of posts!

How's everyone doing?

I did Cardio Overdrive today. :woohoo:

dsamy
06-17-2008, 05:56 AM
just started my firm journey. I only have 2 dvds:
1-complete aerobics and weight training ( of BSS2) ,AND
2- vol. 1.
Yesterday I started with (CAWT) and will hopefully do it 3x/wk using a set of dumbbels 5lbs each for ALL the exercises. I am not in shape and hope to move up to 8lbs by the third wk.
I have at least 30 pounds to lose and am 33.

simplysarahann
06-17-2008, 11:09 AM
Hello Ladies! I don't know anyone who loves The Firm like I do, so I am very happy I found ya'll here!

I have the Transfirmer series, with 3 dvds. I do get a great workout, I just need to do it more consistently and eat healthier to see results. Right now I am at a plateau, but I am hoping coming here and reading all of your success stories will help me get my butt back into gear.

dsamy
06-18-2008, 02:35 AM
simplysarahann : may be we could cheer each other on this. I have a wedding to attend by October and hope to hit 55 OR LOWER by then. Now, I am 63.5kg. I hold most of my weight in the thighs and butt besides I had a c-section 5 years ago and my abs are in a real bad shape. I am short 152.5 cm and my bones do weigh as much so most of my weight is FAT.

I am new to the firm and wonder if the transfirmer should be done 5-6 days/wk. if so, how come since I think that at least 2 of the 3 dvds would be sculpt.

Did my second workout today and I am feeling it all over especially in the butt, thighs and arms ouch.

LauraNS
06-22-2008, 09:42 AM
Hi

I'm doing Cardio Jam at the moment and wouldn't mind having something else around to mix things up. I can do things repeatedly but i think my body catches on pretty quick. Not the co-ordination part of me .....i'm a clutz, but the part of your body that knows when you're trying to lose weight and it doesn't want you to! I have to keep tricking it, it seems! lol

Is the only place to order the workout from the official website? Just wondering because i know some companies are a royal pain to order from and double bill and there are delays and this and that. I'm trying to avoid that hassle!

Is there only one thing to order and what exactly is it called. I have looked at the site.....but i'm a bit confused with the differernt names being used. Maybe everything is included in one kit and that's it?

Thanks for your help. And i'd appreciate any other input about the programme.

Laura :hug:

LauraNS
06-22-2008, 09:45 AM
I'll keep rereading the posts and see if i can figure out what to get first and from where!

Thanks and have a great Sunday. x

jusalilbabefat
06-27-2008, 09:34 AM
I have so much fitness stuff that I'm not using regularly yet. God I want to buy the firm stuff, but I don't want it to collect dust. Right now I'm doing a WW video and I am going to start doing my quick fix ten minute toning dvd afterwards. Right now I'm on the Jenny Craig program and I have a halfway weight of 191lbs. I'm thinking once I get down to that I'll buy the firm transfirmation to help me get down the rest of the way. what type of nutrition program are you all following with the program?

taragettingthin
06-27-2008, 01:17 PM
I'm doing Paul McKenna's program along with Fat Smash Diet. :D Good luck with your loss, jusalilbabefat

fiberlover
06-27-2008, 11:43 PM
jusalil - get yourself into an exercise routine, then get The Firm. I think it helps if you have a starting point, but the strength training aspect of The Firm is so important for weight loss.

To get off my 100 pounds I have done (in order): WW, Nutrisystem and now calorie counting. Each plan fit a different part of the journey for me.
I now do 1400 calories per day, trying for a carb/protein/fat ratio of 50/25/25/

princesspeach
06-28-2008, 08:14 PM
Hey everyone, I'm hoping to join on the FIRM Bandwagon! I really have to shake my fist at Canadian Wal-Marts because we do not have nearly 1/2 the goodies that the Americans do (NOR do we have Targets so I can just walk up and get a transfirmer, or a transwhatever LOL). I was watching Firm Infomericals, and I know I want a long fanny lifter (i think it's called the Transfirmer, the one with the two boxes and one inclines?), to really target my butt even though my knees are screaming at me not to do that to them LMAO. I'm not sure if I want to get the transfirmation set (ie: weights) because I've already got dumbbells, so i don't see why i'd spend 60 bucks when i've got weights and I just need to pick up 8 pound weights (I've got 2, 3, 6).

I may just have to call my aunt and ask her if she can stop at a target and see if she can buy one for me. then i can see what I can grab via ebay. :) right now I do YBB and WATP but i think after doing five miles and having a good healthy sweat but not feeling whupped, my endurance needs to be a bit of challenge. do people have any other advice for a Firm Newbie?

fiberlover
06-28-2008, 09:49 PM
The Transfirmer is the box/step combo.

I have the Transfirmation with the weight set. Any Firm workouts are great!

princesspeach
06-28-2008, 11:07 PM
here's a question for the transfirmation... I saw one videoclip that she's carrying 2 sets of dumbbells in one hand (so she's carrying four!).... have any of you all done it?

taragettingthin
06-29-2008, 12:41 PM
That's to "heavy it up"...medium + light. And yes, I have done it... :)

princesspeach
06-29-2008, 10:08 PM
I see :)
I got a bunch of firm dvds for under 20 bucks, soo happy :) I'll be firming soon!

scarahjs
07-03-2008, 04:34 PM
I have about 3 other series of The Firm. I purchased the new CardioWeight System about a month ago. I like it, except I feel it doesn't give me as good of a workout as my old Firms do. Once I get use to all the moves in all my new videos I think I will switch them up with some of my old ones. A great place to buy workout videos is on ebay. I get alot of stuff there soooo much cheaper then any other place.

mom2cass&em
07-09-2008, 02:31 PM
OK Firm Ladies I have a question...

Do you use the Cardio System or the transfirmer (one with the steps)? Is one better than the other?

Thanks for the help!

princesspeach
07-10-2008, 06:02 PM
Hi Mom2Cass

well... as i've used neither - lol i can't tell you. (but i have the cardioweight system, so i'm gonna have to say that one will work better for me HAHAHA).

but it's two diffrent things. 1 has the weights and one has the step + weights. The Step allows you to REALLY shape your lowerbody with all the leg presses and lunges with the box etc. the Cardioweight systems it's just you, the master instructors and weights (and no weights). I personally want the step - but i talked to someone whose firmed and they said you can acutally (if you can only find the videos - and have a step) that it works just as well w/a normal step - you just don't get the 14 inches of total burn :)

i know for me - the transfirmer is going to be so expnsive for me (around 80 to 100 dollars - just to get it shipped to canada). where as I got the entire Cardio weight deluxe system (not the weights) but dvds (plus 2 extra dvds) for just 36 bucks off ebay

my firm (hehe) belief is that any tape really can do what you want it to do if you put the effort in. all firm dvds come with that Visable results in 10 workouts...so i'd go w/what's afforable for you.

Applez
07-11-2008, 08:51 AM
I use the one with the blue box and LOVE It! It is not the Fanny lifter,the one with 2 parts, this is one piece and has legs that you can pull in/ out to make it go to 14inches or 6inches. Thanks to This, I am now 110 pounds! I lost 10punds so I KNOW this works!

mom2cass&em
07-24-2008, 11:40 AM
Well I got the transFIRMer with the 3 videos! :carrot:
I am on my 2nd week and I feel really good!

fiberlover
07-25-2008, 08:39 PM
Well I got the transFIRMer with the 3 videos! :carrot:
I am on my 2nd week and I feel really good!

:bravo: