Support Groups - Weight Loss and Chitchat #289

View Full Version : Weight Loss and Chitchat #289

Jane
03-01-2008, 08:01 AM
Hello and :welcome2: to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support :hug: and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. :gossip: So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome. :yes:

Jane
03-01-2008, 08:30 AM
:goldpot: It's March! :drinkup:

Krystal - a big :welcome: to you. I know you'll find lots of encouragement and support here. Just jump in, and make yourself at home.

Mary Kate - your bike is awesome! I hope you have nice weather this weekend so you can ride. I'm back on track today, too. I'm going to try my darndest to follow the quote in my signature and not eat unless I'm hungry.

Ellen - well, our local doc thinks the white blood cells are elevated because of the steroids Neal had been on. The second blood test showed they were down some, and nothing to be worried about. We're praying it stays that way, or else surgery will have to be postponed again.

Sassy - good luck with the cleaning, and if we don't hear from you soon, I'll send a St. Bernard to find you in the avalanche. What's your drink of choice for the flask around his neck? LOL

Sue - how was you mom's birthday celebration yesterday. Is she about 20 now? Does she like having her bd on the 29th? So sorry to hear your back is out. I sure hope you're not facing anything close to Neal's problem!

Francie - here's a good idea: you could make and market your own exercise DVD - Dance Away the Pounds, and become rich and famous. We could say we knew you when.

Marti - I take it you finished the bath renovation? How's it look? I just love redoing any room in the house.

Cristina - you're doing so well with exercise. What an inspiration!

Tammy - hope you're all better now from the flu. When are you getting your eyes done? Soon, I'm thinking.

Trish - I'm interested in incorporating the FBD principles with my Weight Watcher regime. Not sure if that's doable, so I'll check out the website.

Mindee - sorry the kids are driving you batty. :dizzy: Mary's are driving her batty, too, and she's glad the weather will be nice this weekend so they can run off some of that energy outdoors. Have a good time at your mom's today.

Jules - aww, what a precious avatar. You can ask Teri to think about moving on, but then I'd let it go at that, or you might make a rift with her. Hopefully, she'll see the light and start fresh w/o him, especially now that she's finding out that he's been lying to her. Have fun with that sweet grandbaby today.

I found a way to use my internet between yesterday and when the repair guy gets here: I just didn't turn it off last night. Hope it stays working. :crossed:

Today I've got to do laundry before it takes over the world, lol. Tonight, my nephew is coming to cut Neal's hair. He's a licensed barber. I'll see if he'll shave Neal, too. I tried it the other day, and missed lots of whiskers, lol.

I have some junk food in the house that needs to be thrown out so I can make a new beginning for a new month. Even though Spring doesn't officially start until later this month, I sort of think as the 1st of March as the beginning, don't you? Anyway, I've got lots of healthy foods on hand, just need to toss the stuff I'll have a problem with.

Have a good weekend, ladies! If the internet holds out, I'll BBL,

FluffyK
03-01-2008, 09:04 AM
Good morning, everyone. Saturday morning is busy here, so I don't have much time.

I have to make meal plans and a grocery list today so I'm ready to start eating Phase I on Sunday. DH will be joining me, but he will do Phase II from the start. He works out hard 5 days a week with lifting and cardio, so Phase I would be detrimental to him, we think.

Talk to you later,
K

upswife
03-01-2008, 09:57 AM
Good morning ladies!!! Not too much going on here, my sister is coming to watch the kids for me today. I am going to drop DH at church so he can practice (choir) then I am going to go shopping for a little while. After DH is done we are going to go out for dinner/lunch. The kids have been bouncing off the walls...even after being outside, so I am looking forward to being away for the day...I know it sounds horrible,but sometimes I just need to get away.

Krystal~:welcome2: you will love it here...these ladies are so great!

Jane~glad to hear that his WBC is down. try to get a small break when your nephew is there...you need to keep your self going to help Neal. ((hugs))

Mindee~Sounds like Brandon is doing great!!! enjoy your trip to your mom's! And Congrats on tommy's new job!

Trish~THe FBD sounds neat. I will have to definitely look it up

Tammy~hope you are feeling better

Christina~ :wave:

Francie~ I love to dance around the house. you can really work up a sweat. It always makes doing chores so much more fun!

Sue~hope you feel better soon! and Happy b-day to your mom!

Sassy~hope you and DH had a good night off!!!

Mary Kate~I love riding, but since I have no place to store a new bike I will have to wait. :( Hope this weather lets you enjoy yours!!!

Jules~ :hug:

FrouFrou
03-01-2008, 01:34 PM
Hello ladies...

JANE...hugs to you :hug: Guess I missed that Neal didn't have the surgery, thought he did and was home recuperating, duh. March 12 will be here before you know it...hope he can get some kind of relief before then.

KRYSTAL...a big :welcome: to you! Looking forward to getting to know you!

MINDEE...enjoy your day at you rmomma's.

SASSY...enjoy your weekend!

Not a lot going on today...it is nice already out, think it is supposed to get up to 69 today, woohoo! But then cool down next week :( Of course with the wind blowing as it is makes it a little cooler so...just going to get some reading done, lots of laundry, and maybe some scrapbooking.

Enjoy you weekend ladies!

jules1216
03-01-2008, 01:34 PM
Jane--I am doing my best to just keep my mouth shut about everything. She even tends to get mad if I agree with her. I just don't understand how someone so smart and beautiful keeps picking the losers she does.

K--Welcome!!

Ellen--thanks for the hugs!! I need them!!

jules1216
03-01-2008, 01:36 PM
Cristina!!!!--Send some of that warm weather east--it says it's in the 40's but the wind makes it frigid!! I ran to the store for a couple of things and it was snowing when I came out and I passed a mom with two little girls and the one little girl was saying "Mommy look at the big snowdrops!!" It was too adorable!!

FrouFrou
03-01-2008, 01:40 PM
Hiya JULES! :wave: Didn't see you sneak in there. You know...I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut, lol. But I am learning that it is best to, I think. I know it's a hard situation with Dave and Teri and I feel for her, lots of hugs to her. I think she will figure it out though, she is a smart girl as you said and she just needs time. So how are you doing lady? How's that grandbaby?

Forgot to say HI to you Ellen! Enjoy your day with your hubby...mine is working most of the day, ugh. Of course he's been working overtime for a while and they made the announcement last week that overtime will be starting again soon, this month, lol. That company is so messed up.

Have a good day ladies!

pattygirl63
03-01-2008, 02:20 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies:wave:

It is good to see everyone here today.:carrot:

:welcome3: Krystal. We are glad to have you here. You'll love this group... more like family. My family is back in TX so it is really nice to have this group who shares and cares for each other.

For those of you were interested in FBD - Yes it can work with any program as far as I can tell even vegan friendly. Many use it to get started losing on the 32 day program which includes the first 4 Day Jumpstart and then start day 33 counting calories or whatever plan they were using before. The only thing I don't think it would work with is lowcarb as you learn to eat proper amounts of fiber foods... cereal etc. But even then it would work with Whole Foods. I joined for 3 months and never was clear if I'm getting the book or not which I don't really need it. Many of those on 3FC who had to buy the book to join, sent the book back. If I had known what I know now, I might have joined on a month to month as I think I can learn all I need to know during the 32 day program. I paid $45.50 for 3 months and I will cancel at the end. I have heard of one lady who canceled her FBD membership and now is using Fitday to keep up with calories. I may check that out. I think it is free, but I have no problem using pen and paper and/or WW Flex when my 3 mos is up. We hope to get an FBD thread here at 3FC. I think Suzanne is checking into it as there are several of us here who are doing it. I will let you know if that happens. Can't get the book anywhere except Prevention.com for now:(. I understand it will be this summer before it will be in the store and of course will cost a lot less than $45.50.:dizzy:

Jane - :hug:I hope everything goes well for Neal and he is back to himself soon.

Better run. Been on pc too long and need to get busy around here.

Everybody have a great week end.

Hugs,
Trish

jules1216
03-01-2008, 05:15 PM
Hey there Trish!!

Cristina--believe me it started with petty drama with Teri and Dave too especially when his mom gets involved--she's back to the paternity testing thing-I think she is the most dramatic person and such a negative instigator!!Makes me want to take Teri & Nick and run away with you!!

Sassy_Chick
03-01-2008, 09:06 PM
Hey Gang.

Well my big plans of cleaning out DH's office went out the window. lol. He is sick and has been home yesterday AND now today. :rolleyes: So I am just putting it off until next weekend.........:p

So as you can suspect, not much has got accomplished AT ALL! lol. But oh well he dealt with me being home with my back out, so I guess I have to deal with him being home sick. lol.

Wow my mom just told me she asked her dr for the anti-smoking drug. I told her to be careful with it though because I've heard bad side effects from it. She said she hasn't gotten it yet and its expensive. (she has no insurance) I said that Wellbutrin does the same thing and has a generic. Our dr has given that to my DH before and it does work, if you stay on it long enough, dh did not. I take Wellbutrin for depression and have for a while and I've had absolutely no problems with it, I'd rather her take that than the other stuff. My mom has been smoking a long time, so this is HUGE!!! :D

She also said that if she flunks her CNA skills test that she has to take in front of the state, she gets out of the $1200 "contract" her work made her sign and she will then move up here. So I told her, "I hope you flunk!!!" lol.

Big :hug:

Jane
03-01-2008, 10:42 PM
Although the print date isn't until September, the Prevention Flat Belly Diet book is available to preorder by clicking here:

http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_ss_b?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=flat+belly+diet&Go.x=9&Go.y=5

This is through Amazon, via 3FC, to help support this site. The price is $17.76. Seems like a long way to wait, though, for those that are interested now!

pattygirl63
03-02-2008, 01:10 PM
:wave:Good Morning Ladies

I am an experiment in progress with FBD and thought I would keep you up on how I do. Then we can all decide if it is worth trying. Well, I made it through Day 1 of FBD JS. But I was wiped out and went to bed at around 11 pm. As you know that is early for me. I didn't get up until almost 10 this morning. I had already told DH last night that I wasn't going to make it for church. I decided to try this ladies because I was gaining again. I weighed 225 lbs yesterday morning. I was so thrilled to see that I was down 2.5 lbs this morning and I already lost 1" around my waist. :carrot: So I can see why they say that the JumpStart gives you what you need to keep you going. I have gone on diets with other people and either gained or didn't lose what was promised. I remember one time my sister and the girls who worked in the office with her decided to do one of those "lose 10 lbs in 4 days" things. I did it with them. I followed it to the letter and some of them cheated and they all lost the 10 or more lbs, but not me. I lost like 4 or 5 lbs. So it will be interesting to see how I do on the FBD. If it works for me it will work for any one. :)

Sassy - Hope DH is well soon. Seems strange to say:dizzy:, but hope your Mom flunks her test so she can move with you.

Jane - Hope Neal is feeling better today. I know you are busy taking care of him, but don't forget to be good to yourself.

Mindee - Hope you had a good visit with your Mom and that the kiddos are feeling better.

Ellen, Francie, Jules, Krystal, Marti, Sue, Vann and All I missed :wave: Hello there.

Have nice Sunday!!!

Hugs,
Trish

FluffyK
03-02-2008, 03:32 PM
Happy afternoon. I am halfway through my first day of eating well. I am following SB, and doing pretty well so far. It's busy day, which is actually good for me. The weather is gorgeous (37*) and will be over 50* tomorrow! I just have to get exercise in today... I haven't exercised since before I got the flu a few weeks ago.

Krystal

suetalks
03-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Trish- Did you read the book? If not how did you get the info about the JS? I have found it so hard to lose weight since I "matured." :) When DH and I did SB he lost 11 pounds in the first phase and I did everything right to the letter...lost, I think, 2 pounds. LAst year I counted calories AND exercised and was almost 4 weeks before the scales moved even a little.
Were you hungry on this first day of JS? You say you were tired, was it from exercise?
Sorry to be so nosey...I am just curious. I went to the web site and think I must need to go back as I don't remember reading any details.

FluffyK...Welcome to our little corner of 3fc's. Hope to talk to you real soon.

Just got in from a walk and am headed for the shower. I walked 1 and 1/3 mile...so far back is better today,but I am careful of how I move. Eating has been good all week and I think I gained a pound. Geesh.... I will weigh for real tomorrow.

upswife
03-02-2008, 06:57 PM
evening ladies! Busy day today with Confirmations at church. we got home after dropping my sister off a little while ago. very tired, but I Am going to hop back on the exercise wagon, and go tomorrow morning. also plan on writing down my food again...too many nights/meals out lately. Had a nice time shopping, got my makeup, but didn't find anything else. I am going to order work out pants and some nice dress shoes this week, so I was not looking for anything in particular.

So tired now, will pop on tomorrow after the gym and do indies then.

Luv&hugs!

pattygirl63
03-02-2008, 07:00 PM
Hi Sue - No I didn't read the book; I'm not sure if I'm even getting it as it was not mentioned on my receipt of joining the site. I have written and asked, but it takes a while to get info back. I just joined the website for 3 months and plan to cancel especially if we get a site going here at 3FC. I did get hungry and missed some of my junk foods, but it is based on about 1200 calories. I did what IE calls the "last supper" thing we do before starting a diet and really wish I had not done that. The main reason I joined was to get the Sassy Water recipe, but I'm not sure but what the lemon water I drink from time to time wouldn't do as well. For 4 days you eat approx 1200 calories divided up into 3 meals and one smoothy for snack. You drink the Sassy Water with each meal and the snack. You use no salt, sugar/sweetners or seasoning of any kind and don't drink coffee. You can resume some seasoning (don't know details yet on that) and have your coffee on Day 5. On Day 5 you start eating the way you are supposed to eat for the rest of your life. Eat 1600 calories daily, never go over 400 calories per meal and include a MUFA in each meal but it must be part of the 400 calorie count and never go more than 4 hours between meals. I just read that you don't have to do the 4 day JS. Some people don't and still lose the fat around the midsection. I think I am going back to using WW Flex pts on Day 5 as it will be easier as long as I use my pts wisely. Some people can't give up their coffee and have one cup each day any way. I am not drinking the coffee, but I am drinking green tea since I learned it was allowed. I am using Stevia right now for sweetner. I had given up Splenda because I thought it was casing me some problems, but now I don't think it was the culprit. Since I like the taste of it better than any of them I will probably go back to it at some time or other. I am learning a lot of things from the website and glad I joined. Hope this helps.

Krystal - Good luck on SB. Great diet. I would have loved that one, but didn't seem to work for me.

Hugs,
Trish

Sassy_Chick
03-02-2008, 07:24 PM
Wow-we!!! It is 59 degrees here!!! :sunny: Does that mean I can officially get out my shorts??? :D lol. I know, don't hold my breath, right? lol.

Too darn bad I can't go anywhere or do anything because of sicky, oops DH. lol. He called off tonight too. He goes to the dr on Tuesday.

Trish -- Good Luck on the FBD and WTG on the 2.5 lbs and the 1" loss!! :carrot: Thanks for the get-well wishes and the "Flunk Vibes" for my mom. lol. You mean they have a Water named after me?? lol. Just teasin. ;)

Jane -- I have to remember to check that out!!! :)

:welcome2: Krystal!!! These women are awesome!!! :carrot: A little bit crazy, but thats ok, that is how I like it!!! :D lol. I have been thinkin' of trying the SB plan. I wish you well my friend!!! :D

Sue -- WTG on the 1 1/3 mile walk!! Dang everybody is exercising, I better get to movin, eh? lol.

Ellen -- Wish you luck on getting back on the exercise wagon!!! I need to do so as well. Kinda hard with a sick hubby under foot!! lmao.

Lastnight we was watching My First house and they were in Hawaii!!! Holy Moly are houses expensive there!!! This couple wanted to stay below $400,000. The house they got wasn't much, lemme tell ya. Here a $400,000 house would be a mansion!!! There its only a "shack" lol. I guess that is the price of living in "paradise" eh? lol. Well I hope you all are enjoyin the warm weather -- if you got it and if you don't -- no worries, it will come soon!!! :)

pattygirl63
03-03-2008, 12:07 AM
Sassy - You are so cute. LOL You know I actually thought of you when I first heard about the Sassy Water. I changed mine for tomorrow. I cut up 1 lemon and about a Tble spoon (eyeballed it) ginger in a big pitcher of water for me to drink tomorrow. I just learned from reading on FBD website some people only drink plain water also added my Stevia to make it taste better.

Sue, Jane and others interested - I wrote some more information I've learned about FBD in my previous post that you might be interested. I am sharing what I'm doing and in my own way in hopes that I am doing it in a way that is 3FC legal. You can probably help me with that Jane. I assume any one who buys the book and reads it will be able to share.

I talked to my Daddy tonight and he is really worn out with all his running back and forth to the nursing home, but he wouldn't have it any other way. Mom is coming along well, but still shaky legs. He just prays they take good care of her and they don't let her fall. Question He saw a doctor on television health station talking about eating raisins soaked in gin to get rid of arthiritis. Does any one know anything about it?

Better run DH wants to watch a movie. Maybe I can stay awake tonight to watch. I've spoiled the dear fella. He came into the bedroom twice to wake me when I went to bed early last night. Once to tell me goodnight and once to tell me airplane tickets we wanted for a trip to FL in April had gone up. He really missed me. LOL

See y'all tomorrow.

Hugs,
Trish

tommysgirl18
03-03-2008, 01:04 AM
hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end.......just enjoying some quiet me time before heading off to take a shower and head to bed! Tommy starts his new job in the morning, and so that is an awesome thing! Brandon has school, and Logan and Marissa will be here with me.

We went to Old Country Buffet for dinner on Sunday night......NEVER again will we do that! Logan was a major pain in the rear end! I didn't get a chance to really sit and enjoy my food.....BUT that is kind of a God send since I didn't have to sit there and keep piling my plate over and over again! Plus, I had to keep getting up to get different things! Logan now has the nickname Roid....short for hemorrhoid. Since he is always under my feet now that Brandon is in school!

We now no longer have to keep hearing the words "awww....you have three cute boys!" from strangers when we are out! We got Marissa's ears pierced while we were up north visiting my parents. She looks really cute with them in her ears! I will have to take a picture of her when I get a chance. She hates that I have to turn them but she is doing better! She still tries to play the sympathy card and says "owwww" every now and then.

I gotta make this short.....I have to still get in the shower and head to bed. and some time during the day tomorrow, I have to make a grocery list/dinner planning for us for the month.

Trish~ I too am interested on how you came upon the JS info....but I think since you joined the site you got it off there, right?

pattygirl63
03-03-2008, 01:32 PM
Good Morning Ladies:wave:

:D For a few more minutes it is morning any way. Got up late, but early enough to still be morning.

I learned something interesting this morning as I was trying to decide how I could legally share about this eating without breaking any rules. JANE, I think you will find this as interesting as I did. I decided to do a WW Flex menu with what I am eating and share it especially since I want to use it with WW Flex. Here is my foodlog today. Needless to say, you will see why that I WILL BE DOING MY WW FLEX from this day forward with some changes in food plans to fit what I like and want to eat and lose belly fat as I go along. FBD JS Day 3 has just become Day 5 using WW Flex. The only changes I will make on the plan is that lunch will include some kind of Good Fats (which can be read and printed from Prevention.com without joining or purchasing FBD) called MUFA which I just found out is not a FBD term, but the nickname scientists gave monounsaturated fats for short. So I don't think that I hav broken any rules by sharing my WW plan with the group.

Today's Food Plan is as follows

B - 1 c cornflakes 2
1 c skimmilk 2
2 T raisins 4
1/4 c sunflower seeds 1

L - 1/2 can (3) water pack tuna 3
1 c carrots, steamed 1
1 (1oz) string light cheese 1

D - 4 oz talapia, grilled/baked 4
1 c green beans 0
1/2 c roasted red potato 1
1 tsp olive oil drizzle on potato 1

S - 1 c blueberries 1
1 c skimmilk 2
2 tsp flax oil 2

Total WW Flex points for the day.... 25 (I am allowed 26 Go figure.) :dizzy: And I'm down another .5 lbs this morning :carrot:

Also read on Prevention.com (free) that Whole Grains instead of refined not only helps us lose fat especially around the midsection but it also helps keep our arteries clean and prevents or slow downs our chances of getting many diseases such as heart diseases, cancer and diabetis. So that goes back to the Whole Foods way of thinking being incorporated into WW Flex as well.:)

Hope this helps. Busy day and DH is up so I better get off here.

Hugs,
Trish

pattygirl63
03-03-2008, 02:28 PM
:dizzy: Would you believe it? :?: I just got an email from Prevention in answer to my question as to whether I'm getting the book or not. They said they had some kind of technical problems which kept me from being signed up for the plan I wanted so they are sending me the book for free and refunding some of my money. Can't beat that. :p:carrot:

Trish

tommysgirl18
03-03-2008, 03:41 PM
just a quick one from me right now....the kids are sleeping, and I am about to get me something to eat for lunch. Brandon was a little silly this morning. He was a crab while I was getting him ready for school.....then he got his breakfast and turned into my sweet little boy. His bus showed up out front, and he was ready to go! He got onto the school bus by himself (with me standing just outside the door), climbed up in his seat, waved to me while his bus driver was getting him in. Then he continued to wave and blow kisses at me until the bus driver got ready to take off......then it was one last wave and off he went!

Trish~ Thanks for sharing that information on the FBD! I have some websites saved about about WW, that I haven't gotten a chance to look at yet, but I will get to them soon! That is great news on getting some money back AND getting the book!

Shopaholic1204
03-03-2008, 03:48 PM
Hey everyone!!

Nothing much to new going on with me. I did the 3 mile workout this morning, and I feel really tired, lol. I have my doc appt. in about 3 hours. We cleaned and moved some furniture around yesterday, so our place is nice & clean. I started 2 new books over the weekend, and I finished one yesterday and I'm still reading the other one. So ya..my life is kinda boring right now, lol.

Hope everyone else is doing good.

suetalks
03-03-2008, 04:52 PM
Trish, Gin soaked raisins info can be found at:
http://www.peoplespharmacy.us/index.asp (http://www.peoplespharmacy.org/archives/home_remedies/gin_soaked_raisins_for_arthritis)

This site has lots of home remedy info.

(I hope I can post the link)

suetalks
03-03-2008, 04:59 PM
Can't get it to work but you can type gin soaked raisins for arthritis into Google....

pattygirl63
03-03-2008, 05:02 PM
Thanks Sue, I appreciate your help. Hope things are going good for you today.
Hugs,
Trish

suetalks
03-03-2008, 05:06 PM
Trish, I just read the info at people's pharmacy and it is compelling to hear how many people say it helps. I think I am gonna give it a try for Mom. Heck she is 80 years old, she might enjoy the gin anyway. :)

suetalks
03-03-2008, 05:17 PM
Hi ladies. It was 54 when I got up this morning and I was so pumped up to get work done and get outside. Ha... As soon as I got dressed and ate it started to rain. Not to mention that the temp is dropping and the rain is going to turn to sleet. Then snow for the next few days. DARN it.

I was 100% good for 5 days out of 7 this past week. The other 2 days were so-so, not awful like I had been eating. I only did a good walk one day and WATP two days, due to my back. So, how did I gain weight??? What a slap.

I told DH today that I am going to have to really double my efforts and eat half....maybe that will work. He even said "you didn't eat much all week, what happened?" I was striving for 1500 calories and was just a little under for a couple days and real close 3 days, the other 2 days I was 1800. (bad) But, enough to GAIN? Well, I am going to check and double check my calorie counts this week and write every morsel down.

Trish- Thanks for your daily intake. I can see about what a normal day should be anyway. :)

Give you all some indies later.

tommysgirl18
03-03-2008, 05:58 PM
francie~ let us know how the appointment went! good luck with it!

Shopaholic1204
03-03-2008, 11:30 PM
Well, I had a doctor's appointment today, right??? Apparently, I was wrong-kinda. I showed up, did the blood pressure & temp thing..and everyone was just so confused. Nobody knew who my doctor was supposed to be, and I didnt write it down, cuz there was so much static on my phone I couldnt hear what the appt. lady said. Anyhoo..So I get called and put into a little room for the longest time ever...and the doc came in, and she said there was a computer problem that needed to be fixed. Then we get to talking about why I'm there..and then the nurse or whoever comes in and says that the doctor I was really supposed to be seeing, cancelled. And NOBODY bothered to call me. So the doc I was with was saying how my appt would throw everything off for a little bit. Gee, dont I feel special. But whatever...we go on with the appointment..I'm going to have a lot of blood work done next week. I'm also having a "womanly" appointment (sorry TMI) next week too. Plus...I'm back on anti depressants, something that isnt Zoloft, yay!! So we'll see how it works out.

tommysgirl18
03-04-2008, 12:41 AM
Francie~ That sucks about getting it all confused like that. I have had the same thing happen to me on more then one occasion! So, i know first hand the inconvenience it ends up being. Good luck with your appointments next week!

upswife
03-04-2008, 10:24 AM
Francie~soryy that your appt got screwed up. I can't believe that they said it would mess up the whole day. I used to work in a drs office, and if I ever did that I would have gotten in sooo much trouble. It's not like they don't run behind most of the time anyway. LOL I wen tthru a ton of fertillity testing last year...got very frustrated, but my situation is much different than yours. HOpe you can get the answers you need. (hugs)

Sue~I know it is tough...my body does that to me all the time. sometimes it is just salt, and water weight. Keep up the great work...I wish I had a week like yours. I have started writing down all my food, to keep better track.

Sassy~sorry Dh is ill. Hope he feels better soon. I hope we can break out our shorts soon!!! So itching to be outside more.

Trish~I like the menu you had up. Very healthy. did they give any reasons how it is supposed to reduce tummy fat??? The diet you were talking about should work...if everone could stay on it, then we would all be thin!! LOL

Mindee~it makes it so much easier when they are happy to go to school. My 4yo will go next year, and we are trying to get her ready...because she is so clingy. ANd as my hubby reminded me this morning, soon they will all be grown up, and it will be quiet when they are gone.

Have to get moving, Dh and I are going to they gym and I still have to change, and eat a small breakkie. hope everyone has a good day!!!!

FrouFrou
03-04-2008, 03:06 PM
Hello ladies...

Trish...can't beat that deal! I've never heard about the raisins but if my arthritis acts up I may give it a try. Since I've been exercising I've not had problems likein the past, knock on wood. :crossed:

Francie...sorry the appt. was messed up. What a pain in the booty for sure. Nice that they let you know the doc cancelled.

Ellen...have a fund day at the gym!

Sue...hey 5 out of 7 days is good! I've got to do something different, just don't know what, lol. I think my body is going to plateau again and be stuck, ugh. Trying to figure this out so I don't. And this weather has been strange here too!

Jules...speaking of weather, hope you guys don't get that awful stuff headed that way. Wasn't sure if it was to hit you guys or not. Looked like it was supposed to be bad though so be careful!

Mindee...just picturing Brandon being the big little boy on the bus. Bet he is loving school. How are Logan and Marissa taking it him being gone? Or do they even notice? Josh & Carrie used to wait on Jason...they were happy when he got home. Then the same with Carrie when both boys were in school...too cute!

Jane...hoping Neal is feeling better.

Marti...are you still in that bathroom, lol? Are we going to have to come drag you out of there?

Tammy...how are you feeling? Hoping you are over the icky stuff.

Vann...what's up with you missy? Hoping all is well.

Sassy...are you back at work? Can't keep your schedule straight, lol. Any news on you mom and the test?

MaryKate...hoping all is well with you and yours, think of Erik often.

Had some errands to run this morning. I am buying the favors for Josh & Charlotte's wedding, or I think I am, lol. She changes her mind every other day so we'll see. But I found some little bags at Michaels...going to fill them with hersey kisses with their name and wedding date on the little white thing that sticks out of them. Then going to get some candles too. Found a dress I absolutely love and got it yesterday but not liking how it fits so have to go look some more. She is doing black and pink and I bought a black dress. Originally the bridesmaids and maid of honor were going to wear pink dresses with a touch of black somewhere. She didn't want the black afterall...so now they have picked out their dresses and will be wearing black with a touch of pink so I don't want to wear black now, ugh! I just want this to be over already, lol.

Okay, guess I better get off this thing. I have exercise to get done and loads of laundry. Didn't get any done yesterday so it's piled up today.

Have a good day ladies!

tommysgirl18
03-04-2008, 06:56 PM
gotta make this run through quick....I have a sleepy little girl that is calling for "dada" and two unruly boys that are gearing up for dinner, and then bed time! YAY!!!!!!!

we are suppose to be getting some snow tonight, and if that is the case, then Brandon might not have school tomorrow! he is still loving school! every morning he climbs on the bus himself, gets in his chair and then waves and blows me kisses like crazy!!

Ellen~ My mom asked me what I was going to do when both boys are in school....and then she asked me what I was going to do when all three were in school. I am sure that I will be bored off my keister when all three are in school!

Cristina~ Logan has gotten the nickname hemorrhoid because he is always up my butt! Marissa loves it when she sees Brandon after he has gotten home from school! I joke with Tommy and tell him that I have gained almost 30 pounds since Brandon started school. The first time I told him that he goes "you gained HOW MUCH?" I then told him "I gained almost 30 pounds.....ever since Brandon started school, I have gained Logan under my butt. He is almost 30 pounds...so there fore I have gained him!"

Jane
03-04-2008, 08:40 PM
Hi ladies,

Cristina - Katie's colors are black, pink, and silver. My dress is black, with pink flowers near the shoulders, on the filmy over-jacket, and some on the dress itself, right above the knee. It has a handkerchief hem, and looks a lot better for real than in the online picture. It's called Flower Garden at Sydney's Closet, in case you want to take a peek. They sent a nice dress bag with it, and I wasn't even expecting that. When is the wedding? Katie's reception in the 29th of this month. I can't wait! I hope Neal has recuperated from surgery and can walk her into the pavilion and also is able to dance.

Trish - I love that you'd doing the FBD along with WW Flex. And a big WOOHOO for getting the book free! I'm impressed with the progress you're making already, and eating healthily to boot. Thanks for the call. It made my day!

Mindee - I got both of my girls' ears pierced when they were small. Mary couldn't have been mistaken for a boy, but Katie often was. Even if she was dressed all in pink!

Krystal -how're you doing?

Francie - aww, sorry for the snafu! When I took Neal to the doctor in E'ville last week, I got there an hour late, because we're on a diff time than them. The receptionist was pretty snarky about it, but thankfully, the doc said he'd work him in.

Ellen - did you find some new shoes? I just love new shoes. And purses, too. And jewelry, and clothes, yada, yada, yada, lol.

Sue - maybe if we eat the raisins soaked in gin, we just forget we have arthritis, huh? lol

My internet is fixed! The trouble was in the cable that Neal used to make the line longer. It was antiquated! Once the tech changed that, it's working fine.

My eating is better, but still not good. I'm getting closer to being in the right frame of mind, though. I/m afraid I'm going to still be saying that when I'm 80. :dizzy:

FluffyK
03-04-2008, 10:29 PM
Jane - I'm doing pretty well. I'm finishing day 3 of SB and have lost 2 lbs. I exercised yesterday AND today, and am not unhappy or miserable at all. I really like SB - it knocks my cravings and my appetite right down. I'm feeling pretty good!

tommysgirl18
03-04-2008, 10:42 PM
well, if it keeps snowing through the night like it is now, then Brandon will more then likely not have school in the morning! so, now I get to think of some fun things to do around here to pass the time that he would have been in school!

Jane~ Marissa can be dressed in all pink and still be called a boy.....but not anymore! Even when she was just born and wrapped in pink blankets and wearing all pink, she was called a boy.

Sassy_Chick
03-04-2008, 11:24 PM
Hi Girls. :wave:

Its a cold and rainy dreary night here. Just makes you wanna sleep. Infact I had a hard time waking up this evening. But I did......:p

I was a bad girl tonight and had pizza and it wasn't even good pizza!!! lol. So not worth it! lol. Aw well. :shrug:

DH went to the dr this morning and guess what? He has two bad ear infections. The dr said he doesn't know if its the ear infections that gave him the flu-like symptoms or the flu that gave him the ear infections. But he gave him some anti-biotics.

Ellen -- Thanks. Yeah I can't wait til nicer warmer weather either. Not that it really matters since I don't really get to see much of it working nights. lol.

Cristina -- Yup I am back at work. Just think instead of M-F I work M-W, only nights. ;) So I am off Thursday-Sunday's. ;) Sounds like the favors we had at our wedding. My mil put, "Two little kisses from the Mr. and Mrs." on the little tag. I was pretty easy in planning my wedding. I don't think I changed my mind all that much. lol. Good Luck, I know you will be so happy once its all planned and you can just relax and enjoy the wedding!!! :)

Jane -- Glad the cable is fixed. I hear ya on the frame of mind thing. Feel like I'll be saying that forever......lol

Mindee -- aww that is cute. So how long before she says "mama"?? lol. Snow eh?.....we're supposed to get some as well, they say not much though....
;)

Hi to everybody else out there!!! :wave: I hope you are doing well!!!

:hug:

tommysgirl18
03-04-2008, 11:34 PM
sassy~ I hope your hubby gets better soon! yup....they said snow, and well....mother nature obliged.

I just checked one of the local news stations websites and the meteorologist says that the snow is suppose to stop between 5am and 7am.....so I am leaving that window up so I can keep up on the school closings. I also opened up the blinds on the door wall, so I can see when Tommy gets home. He told me that it would take him a while to get home. There were only two plow trucks out that he heard of.....and they were not on his way home! I talked to him at about 9:45ish......so at this point it is almost an hour since I talked to him....so I am going to say it will probably take him an hour and a half or even close to two hours to get home.

Marti
03-05-2008, 03:35 AM
Evening ladies.

First off: Hello and Welcome Krystal :wave: Looking forward to getting to know you more!

Sorry I've been MIA. Hubby had turned off the power to replace the thermostat in the bathroom yesterday morning and we didn't turn the computer back on until late today.

Been walking again and trying my best to eat right. I'm having snacking issues. Must put that to a stop. But I'm working on it. I've got a plan in my head of what I want to do....now to just do it. I'm not looking for a quick fix or to lose "something" by a certain day.......just trying to get myself into better habits. It can be hard and frustrating but at least I recognize that I need to do something.

I finally weighed myself after weeks of avoiding the scale. Since the holidays I managed to gain back some weight. I'm at 149lbs. it's not a huge gain, but a gain. I feel bloaty and just not happy with myself. It'll come off I'm sure of it, just must get my mind back into wanting to work on it. I have to get myself to quit some of my bad habits too. This snacking mindlessly must stop. I'm sure that's where all the bloat is coming from.

So....I shall start exercising regularly and eating better and start thinking of myself and taking the time to work on me. Instead of forgetting altogether. That'll just put me right back to where I don't want to be.

I'll try to check in more often, just been busy and I'm not sure why! I need to slow down time is all.

Hope everyone is doing well and exercising regularly and eating healthy. Share your secrets to keeping yourself on track....I think it would help me stay motivated, and I'm sure it'll help other too.

Talk to you all later!

G'night! :wave:

upswife
03-05-2008, 10:16 AM
Morning ladies!

Wow, what a day. I discovered that there was tile underneath the carpet in the kitchen. I spent most of the day pulling it up! I am so stoked!!! DH has even said we can get new cabinets...that will take a little while, but still exciting! Actually doing the carpet was not too bad, just that they had it stapled to the bottom of the cabinets, and it took all of my strenght to pull it off of there. looking at some new tile since the old is braking apart from the nail strips. I have wanted to do the kitchen since we moved in, and I am so ready...just trying to keep it somewhat inexpensive.

So I made it to the gym Mon and Tues...was thinking of going today,but I am very sore. I may go later with the kids as DH is still working evenings. Thankfully all the snow they predicted so far has not come. BUt they are still predicting it for later today, but I have been outside and you can smell spring trying to break thru, even in the cold air. Very sleepy today, spent the early morning hours tossing and turning. Don't know why, probably just sore muscles.

Well, have to run, still have a load pf laundry from yesterday waiting to be folded, adn one more load to wash and dry. It never does end!

Later chicas!

Shopaholic1204
03-05-2008, 03:00 PM
Hola everyone...

Today is a bad day!!!!!!!

My internet was "fixed" yesterday. I write it like that, because it still loses connection every now & then. Plus, yahoo messanger wont download onto my comp. But everyone is telling me that it a computer problem and not a internet problem. It sucks, but oh well. At least I still have Myspace IM.

Oh ya get this.....I had an account with Nutrisystem. Well, I didnt like it & we couldnt afford it anymore, so I tried to cancel it back in December. But the chick I talked to, talked me into just delaying it until Feb. So then last week, I think..I called up and had it cancelled for good. I told them I was moving (which is kinda true, lol). So the dude said it was cancelled. Then a few days later, I got a email saying my order couldnt be processed because there was money problems. So I freaked out and called, and the chick I talked to said that it was cancelled and not to worry about the email. But then today, I got another email saying my order had been shipped!! WTF is going on?!?!?! They told me twice already that its cancelled!!!!! I'm so scared they're gonna take money out of my account. Fonzo is gonna be so mad if they do take money out. I do not want this stuff. I dont even know what to do with the food I have now. Its just sitting in the bottom of my closet!! I dont want another order of this stuff. I tried calling, but theres like a half an hour wait and I'm too impaitent to wait, lol. So I'm gonna call back a little later. But omg...this is too much drama right now. So if you ever cancel with Nutrisystem, make sure once and for all that IT IS cancelled for good!!!!!! I swear, this is worse than trying to cancel AOL.

pattygirl63
03-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies

Made it thru the 4 day JS of FBD and lost 5 lbs and lost 2.5 inches off the waist. Decided to check all measurement and I also lost a toal of 6 inches overall. So it was good start. I will weigh and measure again on Sunday as I like Sundays to be my WI day that way I will get back on schedule with that. Boy did my oatmeal hit the spot this morning. Only difference in the way I usually ate it was the tablespoon of chopped walnuts I put in it to have my MUFA which is supposed to fight the belly fat. Didn't drink the coffee though, I just had my green tea and I did continue drink my personal version of Sassy (Hi Sassy) water which is just lemon and ginger, It's funny but lemon water is the only water I drink when I go out to eat. BTW I read that you can use any fruit you like in your water. It is just to give us something else to drink instead of cold drinks because the cold drink have carbonated water and causes bloating. You can even put a splash of any kind of fruit juice in your water for flavor.

Francie - I'm so sorry about you fiasco a the dr's office. Obviously someone dropped the ball. We always get calls and Tony's urologist's office send out letters of changes in appointments. In fact, we got a letter just last week saying the doctor's appt had to be changed. We have gotten to his regular drs office and waited forever because he was running very late because of an emergency or something. He takes walk ins so that can make him run late too. I'll keep you in my prayers and thoughts that you will get the help you need. I know that can be frustrating. I went to a dr one time with a list of all the things I was feeling and he said "Well, just lose wieght and you'll be alright". Didn't check me, run tests... nothing. I found another dr.

Sassy - Eating pizza doesn't make you a bad girl. I'm having pizza Sunday when company comes over. I will have a couple of pieces count it with my points which is 4 pts and have a salad with 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive oil which is a MUFA and drink my lemon water. I've learned from Intuitive Eating that there is no food that can make me a good girl or bad girl. I just have to learn to include it in my food plan. I am really hungry for some babyback ribs. I am saving some of my extra 35 weekly pts from WW this week to use to go to Sonny's tomorrow and eat a small portion of them. I'll get a salad with either black olives or sunflower seeds for my MUFA and be right on my FBD/WW Flex Plan. I have a brother-in-law who plans a "cheat" meal a month. However, I don't think I have to cheat with my extra Flex pts; I can just make it part of my plan. I learned in IE that if I go ahead and plan for what I am really hungry for then I won't binge eat on what may be diet food because I'm never getting satisfied. If I had eaten what I wanted moderately to start with I probably wouldn't have eaten so much and been satisfied. How's your Mom, your DH and your back?

Sue - How are you feeling? And how is your Mom? Thanks for the info on the raisins/gin thing. I'm going to get some tomorrow and try it. I copied the info and sent it to my Daddy and my sisters.

Ellen - Sounds like fun remodeling your kitchen my late hubby and I did that in two of the houses we owned. We were so proud of it when it was done. He did the second one by himself when we worked different shifts at the time. Hard work though. Don't overdo.

Marti - Good to hear from you. Sorry about the gain, but you'll do great getting things back under control.

Krystal - CONGRATULATIONS on 2 lb loss. You know I love SBD, but it didn't fit my lifestyle. DH likes to eat out too much. So neat your DH does it with you. My niece and her hubby just joing WW. She was upset that he lost 6 lbs and she only lost 3 lbs the first week. So remember men always lose faster than us women.

Mindee - Did Brandon stay home today? Boy y'all are really getting the bad weather. Did Tommy get home safe? Hope he didn't have to go to work today. How does he like the new job? Hope all the children are feeling themselves again. How is Mama doing through all this?

Guess I better close this it is long and DH is stirring so it is time to start dinner. All those I missed -- hiya! And everybody stay warm, dry and safe.

Hugs,
Trish

FrouFrou
03-05-2008, 03:32 PM
Hello ladies...

JANE...I did take a look and that is a pretty dress! I really likes the Sandra Dee w/shawl one, really pretty. The wedding is set for May 2 and that's funny...they are doing hot pink, black and silver. Hoping Neal is able to walk Katie down the pavilion and for the father/daughter dance. I am looking for the 'right' mother/son dance, ugh! It's actually hard finding the perfect one. I have a list of about 20 I like so far and will print out the words so I could look at them all and figure out which one fits. I don't really have anything to do with the wedding except I offered to do the favors and then we are are doing the rehearsal dinner. I think that's about all I can handle...she makes everything very stressful! I'll be glad when it's over.

ELLEN...so exciting getting a new kitchen! I would love to change a few things about ours, nothing big but I've always wanted double ovens and we would have to change the layout just a little...not sure it's worth it, lol. Have fun fixing yours! WTG on making it to the gym!

MARTI...does this mean your bathroom is finished? I bet it is looking good! I know what you mean about gaining just a few pounds and feeling bloated. I'ts not a good feeling but you have done well with your walking/exercise and I know you'll get that off soon enough and be feeling GREAT!

MINDEE...the kids sound so cute! But hey, enjoy them bing up your butt right now because they grow too darn fast! Before you know it they will be getting married and forgetting they have a mother, lol. So how many inches of snow did you guys get, or is it still snowing? How long did it take Tommy to finally get home? Good thing he's being safe.

SASSY...that's cute...two little kisses from the Mr & Mrs...I like that. I found out I can't get it to have their name but "Just Married" that sux! I wanted it to say their names but that's okay because the candles will be wrapped in pink netting with a black ribbon with their names and dates so that will have to be good. I'm going to keep looking around though to see if I can get them with their names at least. She's got everything just about planned except the flowers.

FRANCIE...sorry about the problems with Nutrisystem. I almost signed up with them a while back and I had problems with them with just basic questions before even signing...figured it was sign of what was to come with their cutomer service so never did. Hope you get it straightened out soon.

HI KRYSTAL! :wave: Good to hear from you. WTG on the 2 pounds and SB! :carrot:

So nothing really going on today. I was up until 2 a.m. this morning looking for a song and really need to quit doing that. It is totally messing up my exercise schedule because I am so tired when I get up I don't want to do anything. So was up late and headed to take the one dress back and came home with 2, lol! Found one at Penney's I really like and then one at Dillards. I actually had 2 at Dillards I liked and couldn't decide...DD and I stood there forever trying to figure out which one I would be more comfortable in during the wedding and the reception. Figured it would be better to be the most comfortable at the reception, lol. But now I have to decide between the 2 I have, ugh! And I said Charlotte couldn't make up her mind, :lol: Daughter is going to take pictures so we can put them side by side and decide that way. Anyway...needless to say today was/is a bad eating day so far...will make up for it and just have a salad for dinner. Going to go exercise once I get off this thing. Other than that, just getting laundry done...it never ends does it?!

Have a good day ladies!

FrouFrou
03-05-2008, 03:37 PM
Hiya Trish...you snuck in there while I was writing/typing the mini-novel! WTG on doing great with your plan! :woohoo: And I agree with you...eating pizza does not make you a bad girl. I've learned that with me, I have to be able to eat what I want, no matter what...moderation is the key for me! That and exercise. My body is built to where I will not lose if I don't move. But I stay away or try my best to stay away from the fast food. I knw it is inevitable especially when out and about that you will have to eat it at some point but I just make better choices.

Later gators! :wave:

Shopaholic1204
03-05-2008, 04:09 PM
Omg :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: I just got off the phone with someone at Nutrisystem. They said theres nothing they can do about it. All they said was that I can refuse the order on monday, and when it gets back to their warehouse, they will give me my money back. Can you believe this?!?! They NEVER cancelled it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm beyond furious!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FrouFrou
03-05-2008, 04:18 PM
Opinions ladies...

I think these are the top four songs I have, what do you think? And be honest!

Simple Man...Lynyrd Skynyrd
The Man You've Become...Molly Pasutti
Child of Mine...Carole King
The Prayer...Andrea Bocelli & Celine Dion

Even though possibly Fly Me to the Moon by Frank Sinatra or if you ladies have any suggestions please I need help!

FRANCIE...again, I am sorry for this mess with Nutrisystem, seems like a lot of BS for sure. I would definitely refuse the order. It's sad that that's the only way you can do it.

Is it me or has anyone else noticed the decline in customer service? I swear it seems almost everywhere I go the majority of people are just mad for some reason and they don't care about the way they treat people at their job. I did say almost because there are a lot of times that I get great customer service. It just seems with certain businesses and especially over the phone, it is getting worse. I went to Von Maurs (sp?) this morning and was looking and there's 3 women just standing around...not one asked me and DD asked if we needed any help. But they jumped on these other mother/daughter and a lady there by herself. Now, it had nothing to do with the way any of us were dressed the other lady/daughter had torn jeans on and waaaay too much makeup, lol...so what gives? I told DD that we just looked confident in what we were looking for and didn't need help, lol. But when I went to the dressing room I didn't know if I was supposed to just walk in so stood there a minute or two and said what the heck, just walked in. I knew there was a reason I was boycotting the store other than they didn't hire DS when they first opened! Penneys and Dillards they were nice! It's not that I like sales people to hang over me, then I feel like they are watching me thinking I am going to steal something. But I like to know someone is doing their job and there if I need them. Okay, off my rant for the day :D Anyway....

Have a good one ladies!

Jane
03-05-2008, 05:41 PM
Hi ladies,

Krystal - glad you're doing so well with SB. Sounds like you found the right plan for yourself.

Sassy - yep, I don't like being w/o the internet way out here in the boonies. I agree w/the others. Eating pizza doesn't make you a bad girl. It's all about portion control.

Mindee - I used to stick bows on top of my girls' head when they were tiny, and used K-Y jelly to do, like the hospital taught me. With my oldest girl, when I'd be out, people asked how I got the bow to stick and I'd say I stapled it, lol. :rofl:

Ellen - what type flooring do you think you'll get? Mine is a vinyl that looks like stone tiles. It doesn't show much dirt at all, and is easy to clean. I'm sure whatever you choose will be very nice.

Tammy - how're you feeling?

Marti - I'm having the same problem with snacks. Even "good for you" snacks can get out of hand. If I knew a secret to stay on track, I'd share it. As I mentioned, though, I truly think it's all in a person's mind set. Dr. Phil would ask us what we're getting out of staying overweight. Hmmm... that's a toughy. Or he'd ask "How's that workin' for ya?" lol

Francie - I'm so sorry NS messed up. You don't need that frustration.

Cristina - most clerks are very nice, but there sure are some that test my patience! The ones that seem so bored and you know they don't really want to even see you, let alone wait on you. Let us know which song you pick. When/if my son ever gets married, our song to dance to will be RocknRoll Lullabye by BJ Thomas.

Hello to Sue, Jules, Angie, Mary Kate, and anyone else reading this. :wave:

Well, I got our Florida trip rebooked. :carrot: We'll be going Mother's Day week, and I can barely wait! I'm sure Mickey is missing me this very minute! :D

My eating is still not where it should be, and I keep thinking of all the time I'm wasting. Summer will be here, and I won't have any more weight off at all, if I don't get on the stick.

Have a good one, chickas!

Shopaholic1204
03-05-2008, 06:58 PM
Cristina~I noticed that in certain stores, they will be really really rude. They're either bored with their job, or they dont think you're worth it. Most of them are usually friendly & helpful.

That reminds me of this book I've read a trillion times called, Confessions of a Shopaholic. Well, the main chick Becky decided to get a 2nd job at this clothing store. While she was folding clothes, she was making mental notes of all the clothes she wanted. She loved these pair of pants, but there was only one left. So she hide them. Anyways..she ended up being switched to work in the dressing room. Well, some chick came in holding the exact pair of pants that she thought she hid. Becky wouldnt let the girl in with the pants saying there was a clothing limit, when there wasnt, lol. So she took the pants and hid them in another dressing room, while the chick was trying on the other clothes. But then the chick flipped out when Becky didnt give her the pants to try on. It was soooooooooooooooooo funny!!!!!!!!

tommysgirl18
03-05-2008, 11:38 PM
hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end. they ended up closing school for Wednesday......so we went grocery shopping! Tommy called in to work and told him that he couldn't get out because we were snowed in. We had gone to our local Wal-Mart store where we normally go grocery shopping......and they were closed due to a power outage!! so, we had to turn around and go back to Krogers. we all did well with that.....and just came home and relaxed to gear up again for Thursday!

Tommy asked Brandon this morning if he had skipped school....Brandon got this look on his face like a deer in the headlights. Then he asked him if he missed the bus, and Brandon shrugged his shoulders. Then Tommy told him that he was just messing with him and that they had closed school because of the snow.....Brandon told him no and then Tommy told him to look out the window at all the snow.

I am almost done with my book and it is really good! I haven't been wanting to put it down for anything!

Trish~ That is great to hear about your results so far! I am sooooo hoping that I won the giveaway for that book off RR's website! Which reminds me, I need to go and check it out! The kids are all doing great....they are all back to their regular selves. Brandon still has a little bit of a cough, but you don't really notice it unless he runs around and gets himself worked up. Brandon did end up not having school on Wednesday. I am doing great...I feel like I am getting sick (and have been for about a week now) but I have some of the Crystal Light Immunity drink mixes in the cupboard that I will pull out on Thursday. Tommy did make it home at about 11:15pm. It took us both going outside and cleaning things up in order for him to get inside. When he finally got inside the house it was 11:30pm! Nope, he called in and told them that he was snowed in and couldn't get out!

Cristina~ I talked to him at about 9:45ish last night, and he didn't get inside the house until 11:30pm! He had to pull over a couple of times because the wipers were freezing up on him as he was driving. then he had to stop and get himself some chicken noodle soup.

Jane~ That would be something I would say about stapling the bow to her head!

Cristina~ When we got married, Tommy and his mom danced to the song "Biggest Fan" by Backstreet Boys. Take a listen to it.....even though it is a boy band this song is not on the spectrum for them.

hello to every one else....I am trying to get through things and to relax some before heading to the shower and then off to bed.

Sassy_Chick
03-06-2008, 12:51 AM
Hola Amigas!! :twirly: (we don't have a sombro smiley) lol.

I feel in a "Mexican" mood since my dear sweet DH told me that he ate our favorite Mexican restaurant with our friend while I am here toiling away at work!!! :p UGH!!! Oh well better for me not to go I guess!!! lol.

Anywho, it is finally my "Friday" :carrot: and I am so freaking glad!!! I have been SOOOOOOO tired this week!!! My DH had to like launch me out of bed almost to get me going!!! lol. But I made it. I seriously wanted to call off tonight and just SLEEP but thought, "nahh its my "Friday" and I don't want to use up the few measely personal time hours I have saved up!!!" lol

DH had to go to his parents to dig a hole for his mom's cat. She is like ancient, like 16 yrs old or something and has been in renal failure for a while now and so she has been constantly up and down. Well she was down again and they WERE going to have her put to sleep tomorrow morning. But now she perked up again. UGH. I understand being attached to a pet, trust me, I had to have my dear sweet Puddy put down last year, the end of this month will actually be one year he's been gone........But anyways, it was tough, but it was even harder watching him in pain. I couldn't stand it. So I don't understand my mil's logic at all. She is a retired ICU nurse, she knows what pain that cat is in!!! But she is EXTREMELY attached to this cat and I guess just doesn't wanna let go of her. Poor thing, I hope she passes soon, just so she is not in anymore pain. :( (The cat, not my MIL......:rofl:)

Anyways......my throat has been hurting since this morning!!! I hope I am not getting sick!!! UGH!!!! I have been taking Nyquil at night to try to beat it off, but so far, no go...........I guess I will be drinking lots of tea w/ honey this weekend, that is good for sore throats, right???? Please please send me **anti-get-sick Vibes** lol!!!! :yay:

Trish -- That makes sense. I should do that. Would you mind doing me a favor? Could you pretty please maybe send me a week's menu that you eat in a week? Just to give me an idea??? :^: I think you are doing great and are a total inspiration to me!!! :hug: I can PM you my email addy if you would like.....

Cristina -- Yeah I thought that was cute too. My mil is so crafty. She did all the Wedding favors, decorations, centerpieces and even our flowers we carried herself!!! Saved us a ton of money!!! :) I am glad she has most things planned!! You know if you are looking for a Mother and Son song, you may want to look up "Mama" by Boys to Men. It of course had to come out AFTER our wedding but if it had came out sooner, that is the song we would have used!!! I can't help ya with the other songs because I don't know any of them.....So Good Luck!!! :luck2you:

Jane --- :hug: Thank You. I just need to portion things out better. Glad you got your trip re-booked, what a great Mother's Day Present!! :D lol. I need to get my behind moving too, my 10 yr anniversary is in September and I wanna at least lose something!!! lol.

I hope everybody is well!!!

tommysgirl18
03-06-2008, 01:07 AM
I am sending you some anti-sick vibes Sassy!

Shopaholic1204
03-06-2008, 01:28 AM
Sassy~How sad about your MIL's cat. I feel that way about my cat Sassy (LOL!!). I've had her since I was 10 years old. I brought her with me when we moved to WA. She's like my security blanket. I've shed many tears on that cat. I would be soooooooooooo heartbroken if she was dying. But I dunno..I wouldnt want my poor baby to suffer, so I'd probably put her down. She's getting old..but she still has a lot of spunk in her. So it wont happen for awhile!! BTW: I'm sending you some anti sick vibes!!! *~*~*~*~ <--those are vibes, lol.

Sassy_Chick
03-06-2008, 07:12 AM
Thanks for the anti-sickie vibes Mindee and I will send some out to you as well!!! :yay:

Francie -- Thanks. Wow "I" am just everywhere, aren't I?? :lol: "I" am in Trish's water and with your kitty!!! hee hee. :p Yeah I know my mil is very attached to her kitty and I know what that is like too. I had my cat for 10 years and had my dog for 15 + years and had to have her put down too. Its sad to see them get old and pass on...Thanks for the anti-sickie-vibes!!! :D

I recieved an email from Glamour (www.glamour.com)with tips, etc. They have a new thing called the "30 Day Makeover (http://www.glamour.com/tips/)" kinda cool. Nice tips, etc. They have something on there called "Calorie Math (http://www.glamour.com/health/articles/2007/10/caloriemath)" where they show you two things that have the same amount of calories, only one is one fattening thing and the other is many not-so fattening things, big eye opener!!! They said ONE cinnamin roll can equal a WHOLE weekend of goodies!!! YIKES!!! :yikes: Anywho, thought I'd share.......;)

Jane
03-06-2008, 09:36 AM
Good morning, ladies,

Francie - I've seen that book at Walmart, maybe I should buy it.

Sassy - I so agree about not letting the cat suffer! Someone I'm close to let her dog die a lingering death, and the poor thing should have been put out of it's misery days before! I hope when I'm on my death bed, if I'm suffering, somebody helps me out. Hope you're feeling better.

Mindee - have fun in the snow with the kiddos.

I need to go to town today. It will be good to get out of the house. But first, I've got to straighten things up a bit. It's amazing how fast the house can get all messy. I'm turning into a slob!

I've got my food planned for the day - wish me luck!

Toodles,

Shopaholic1204
03-06-2008, 12:09 PM
Mindee~As I was scrolling down, I noticed the words Backstreet Boys, and I stopped..lol. How sweet that Tommy & his mom danced to "The Perfect Fan" I love that song so much!!! I'm an ex teeny bopper (well, a secret one still..I'll listen to them every now & then, lol). I have that song on a "Mom" cd. Its a bunch of mom songs I dedicated to my mom.

Sassy~Its so sad when pets die. I still miss my cat & dog I had when I was little. Pets are part of the family. We have a magnet that says.."Cats are little people in fur coats" You wanna know something that sucks?? I was reading info about this place in Italy. And they said that if you have any pets that are old, that you should just leave them with a friend or neighbor, because its too much of a hassel to care for old pets. I dunno, that just made me & dh mad. You know, our cat is old, but she's not sick or anything. She still runs around like a crazy kitten. Stupid rules. I'm gonna check out the Calorie Math, that sounds so interesting. Plus, I love Glamour mag!!

Jane~The book is really funny!! I recommend them to everyone I know. Theres about 5 in the series and then she's written 3 other books not related to the Shopaholic series. I just finished her latest one called, "Remember Me". Its about this woman who gets into a car accident and cant remember the last 3 years of her life. It was pretty good. Good luck with the food!!!

Guess what?? Dh told me that if we can find a Wii..he'll buy that DDR game for me. Some of my friends say that its a really good & fun workout!! So now I'm looking EVERYWHERE for a Wii!! I really wanna get that game so I can have a fun workout!! Plus, I wanna get the Biggest Loser dvds. Has anyone tried them??

upswife
03-06-2008, 02:55 PM
Afternoon all! WEnt to the gym with DH today and got all my weights done. felling kinda tired...stayed up too late. Think I will take it easy for the rest of the day. Waiting on TOM...took a pg test and was neg. So I guess we will wait and see...If I dont get it by fri I will do another test.
DD1 is fighting off a cold, so I think we will keep it quiet...maybe let them play comp games. LAter all!

FrouFrou
03-06-2008, 03:48 PM
Hello ladies...

Jane...good deal with getting your trip rescheduled. I like that BJ Thomas song...not sure what I will go with yet...still looking.

Francie...too funny! I was just telling Susan on the BIK thread that I am going to have to read some of those books. I just saw one at the grocery store and was tempted. Right now though I am reading Water for Elephants, so far, so good.

Ellen...sorry DD1 is sick, hope she feels better soon. WTG on getting to the gym. I am getting ready to do my weights in a few minutes.

Mindee...geez, took Tommy forever to get home didn't it? At least he was being careful. I hate the thought of the kids or V driving in that kind of weather. At least V's job is about 5 minutes away. And V had his wipers freeze up like Tommy's...that is crazy! How are you guys liking the new van anyway?

Sassy...I hear ya about the cat not suffering but can kind of understand your MIL too. I know when the day comes for Ernie dog I don't want to ever see him suffer but at the same time I don't know what I would do without that silly dog. I'll just have to have V do the dirty work.

Hiya everyone else :wave:

Nothing much going on. Doing my laundry that I didn't get done yesterday, plus a couple of loads. I actually got it all washed and dried yesterday but never got to folding and putting away. Got the last of my exercise done yesterday and then started dinner but felt a migraine coming and after I cooked and sat down to eat it was full blown and I had to go to bed. I can't take the light, the noise and the only way to get rid of it is to sleep it off. So that's what I did. I did take some excedrin for migraines and I think that helped, still felt a little off when I woke up at 10:30...but I went to clean the kitchen and went back to bed. Feeling lots better today thank goodness. Good enough to do 15 minutes of warm up exercises and the turbo jam before heading to buy groceries. Getting ready to do my weights, bike and jump rope as soon as I get off here and then a short walk on the treadmill. Anyway...that's about all I have.

Have a good day!

pattygirl63
03-06-2008, 10:49 PM
:wave: Good evening Ladies,

Been a long, busy day today and I'm pooped. I think the next few days will be too. I am on my 2nd day back on WW Flex. I so glad to be back on WW Flex pts, because it is so easy for me to eat OP when eating out. The trick is working in MUFAs. I finally found some sunflower seeds and made it work today. We are going to Costco in NC tomorrow and will eat out and it may be just a little tougher to get the MUFAs depending on where we decide to go, but it won't be difficult with the Flex pts. When we went out to eat with DH BIL & SIL, recently BIL said he has counted calories for so long that when he looks at food he sees all in calories. I told him that I see all food in Points. :D

Jane - Thanks for your help with the Laughing Cow Cheese. I'd never found it without you. I don't think the young man I asked knew what I was talking about as he looked at me like I was nuts. He may have been a new worker. You are right, it is delicious. :smug:

Sassy - I'll be glad to send you what I ate for the last 5 days. Today was strictly WW Flex. But the 5 days might help. Let me know where. Hope you are feeling better.

Cristina - Glad you are feeling better.

Mindee - Good, glad he got home safe and I know you were really glad to see DH drive up. I always was when late DH who was a police officer and had to work in the snow and was on night shift.

Jules, Sue, Francie, Ellen and all I didn't name Hello:wave: to all of you too. Everybody have a good night and a great day tomorrow.

Hugs,
Trish

Jane
03-06-2008, 11:12 PM
I'm back,

Francie - my nephew and I were just talking about Wiis yesterday. He said our Kmart had 6 of them for about 20 minutes. Luckily, he got one.

Ellen - :crossed: good luck with the pg test!

Cristina - I am behind in my laundry and ironing both. It never ends!

Trish - I'm so glad you found it! It's funny that most walmarts are laid out the same way. Glad I was able to help. Thank goodness for cell phones, right? I'm so proud of your progress so far.

Neal needs me .... see you tomorrow!

FrouFrou
03-07-2008, 01:02 AM
Up for a little while chatting with Charlotte so thought I would drop by and say Hi.

Jane...hope Neal is feeling a little better. And yes, the laundry never ends!

Trish...:thanks: I did WW a while back and still when I get certain foods the points are in the back of my mind, lol. I think once you get used to it it is always there. You are doing GREAT!

Hi to everyone else, see ya tomorrow :wave:

tommysgirl18
03-07-2008, 02:03 AM
hello ladies...how are you all doing?

nothing really new on this end....just putzing around online and then off to the shower and off to bed.

Francie~ I am a secret listener as well. In fact, if you have myspace, I am on there. I have some secret bopper music on there. I still have some more groups that I want to go through first.....but I love the Perfect Fan. Good luck with finding a Wii! Tommy wants to get one because of the bowling game on it! I will look into getting the DDR if we can ever find a Wii around us!

Jane~ We haven't really gone out to play in it yet because Brandon still has the tale end of his cough. So, once that is gone, then we will go out and play in it. But by the time we will get out there, it will be nothing but mud! The weather has been so strange lately that we got a crap load of snow on Tuesday night into Wednesday morning, and now it is melting away!

Ellen~ I hope you can get an answer either way soon! I hate when TOM is late and then spending the money on tests just to see a negative. Then I relax enough since I saw the negative, and I get TOM in a day or two.

Cristina~ It did take him forever to get him. But seeing how badly it was snowing by us I knew it would take him a while to get home. I just didn't think that it would take him almost two hours! He had to drive all the way around our complex just to pull back in and park again! We had so much snow, that the company that came to plow the sidewalks broke two of their snow blowers! We are loving the new van! My favorite thing about it......space between Logan and Marissa! When they were side by side in the old van, Logan would constantly pester her and take her doll! Now, there is space in between them that we don't have to worry about it. The other thing that I like about it is the dutch doors on the back!

Trish~ I always worry about him when he has to drive in snow, or any kind of bad weather for that matter. I used to worry myself sick when we lived up north and he had to drive home in bad weather. The winters were the worst when we lived up north! I used to always say a prayer before I went to sleep that he would make it home safe and sound. The ditches on the sides of the roads used to scare the crap out of me!

hello to every one else....I am making this short since I need to head to bed like asap! I hope you all have a great friday and a great weekend!

FrouFrou
03-07-2008, 01:21 PM
Howdy ladies!

Hoping all is well with everyone.

MINDEE...always better to be safe than sorry for sure. Sounds like the van is serving you guys well...sounds nice. I actually miss having a mini-van...I had four, just a lot of room even if I didn't need it all, lol. I forgot to ask, what book are you reading? I was hoping to get some reading done last night but we watched a movie instead...16 Blocks...was pretty good. Gotta get back to my reading! Thank you for the suggestion of the song...took me forever to find it...it's called The Perfect Fan and I was looking for The Biggest Fan, lol. I love the words...they fit perfectly but...I don't think Josh will like it and I didn't care much for the sound...now if I could take those words and put it to a different beat with someone else singing it would be perfect, lol!

Nothing much going on today. Charlotte is coming over later so I can show here the little bags I bought at Michael's for the kisses, hope they will work, if not no big deal. They will work, just may not be what she wants. Then going to let her smell the wedding day scented candles...even though they retired the scent, apparently for the wedding season they have brought it back so ordered 100 of them and they were shipped yesterday. She liked the idea they are called wedding day so I don't think it matters what they smell like, lol.

Anywho...got in 45 minutes of exercise before heading to run a couple of errands. Getting ready to do another 15 and then will do 30 after Jeopardy this evening. I am getting back on my schedule of getting up early and spreading my exercise out again. For a while there I was doing it all at once and it seemed too much for me. I feel better when I do it either 2 or 3 times a day plus I get things done in between. So...now to get back on track with the food. I don't think I did too bad this week but we did go out Monday, and then Wednesday I did the fast food thing while looking for a dress.

Take care ladies, and have a great day!

Marti
03-07-2008, 01:37 PM
A quick hello to everyone! :wave:

It's finally Friday. It's about time. This week flew by, but the days just dragged! Is it time for me to retire yet so I can just stay home and enjoy the days???.....................didn't think so but I can wish.

Still walking each night and eating better. Trying to be more disciplined with myself.

Picking up DD and her friend tonight after work. Not a lot planned this weekend, just going to visit my sister in her new house.

I think I'm catching the cold the everyone I work with has caught......don't want it and I'm trying to avoid it, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Better scoot myself and get ready for work. You all have a great day!

FrouFrou
03-07-2008, 02:02 PM
Hiya Marti...

Bet your sis is loving her new house! WTG on the eating and exercising! Enjoy your weekend with the girls!

Shopaholic1204
03-07-2008, 02:13 PM
Jane~Ah man, Kmart had them?? That is like the one store we dont go to!! Grrrr!! LoL!!

Mindee~I had a bunch of teeny bopper songs on myspace. But I took them down months ago, lol. My friends were LOVING them!! I had BSB, Nsync, 5ive, No Authority, The Jackson 5, New Edition, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, etc. Right now my song on there is Britney Spears, lol. What can I say..I love her new album!! I work out to it all the time. OMG!! We want that bowling game too!!! How funny!!! LoL!! Theres also another game I want, I think its like bust a move..I dunno what its called, but its another dancing game. I dunno why the Wii is so hard to find. I had no trouble getting the Xbox360. I can even buy the effin PS3 if I wanted. But not the Wii!! Grrrrr!! Even the used ones are sold out. On Amazon, you can buy it for close to 300 dollars!! I bought the Xbox360 for less than that from Amazon. Lame!!

OMG!! I have the best news ever!!! My friend Heather eloped yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sooooooooooooooooooo happy for her!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We've been friends for 9 years, so she's one of my oldest friends. But YAY for her!! LoL!!

Okay..I have a ton of pics to scan for my friend..so bbl!!

FluffyK
03-07-2008, 02:16 PM
Hey everyone.

Well, day 6 of South Beach and so far, so good. I've lost about 3.5 pounds and my cravings have gone waaaaay down. I haven't exercised as much as I would like (which would be daily), but there just isn't time some days.

I'm hoping by Sunday morning that the fourth pound will be gone.

We're getting hit by a big snowstorm this weekend, so might not have to do all that running on Saturdays that we normally do with the kids. Although, my BIL and SIL are possibly moving tomorrow??? That would not be fun.

Hope you're all doing well!

upswife
03-07-2008, 02:21 PM
OK ladies, one last post b4 I dismanlte everything. Have to move out both comp and all the furniture form the back (dinning/comp room) then will start pulling pu the rest of the carpet. DH and I are going to run to the store tonight to get the new flooring so we can put it in this weekend. So tired this morning...but I did stay up way too late helping DH make a network cable. Will eat,have some coffe and get moving that always works! Hoping to go to the gym Sat and Sun, but will see how it goes. (hugs) to all, will try to post b4 and after if I can

Enjoy your weekends!!!

tommysgirl18
03-07-2008, 03:24 PM
hello fair ladies on this fine Friday!

today has been a very productive day for me so far and I am not stopping now! right now, all three kids are taking naps....so I am enjoying the peace and quiet while it lasts!

we are doing Chinese for dinner.....home style as Tommy called it. He is going to stop by the store and pick up some side items to go with it. But we are going to have chicken fried rice, some kind of Asian style noodles....and he mumbled something else but I didn't hear him because I was dealing with an unruly Brandon!

Cristina~ Like I mentioned in the other post, try having him listen to it without telling him who it is. or send him the lyrics and don't tell him who it is. But then again, if you are picking the song that you will dance to, then pick which one you want. I was reading the book "Brink of Death" by Brandilynn Collins. But I finished it the other day.....and now I am waiting for the sequel to it, if I can find it anywhere.

Marti~ WTG on the exercising and eating right!! I bet your sister loves her new house!

Francie~ I sent you a friend request on there....I have a ton of songs (and even some of those artists' cds). Like I mentioned to Cristina, my hubby and his mom danced to BSB when we got married. I will have to look around here to see if there are any around us! I love any thing that will get me moving and sweating. So, I am sure that we will be getting the DDR, bowling and the other dance one.....when we win the lottery so that we can afford a Wii! My mom bought a Wii, from Ebay I believe, and spent a little over $400 for it. But because it was so much, she got to pick out an extra game with it. I know that seems much....but I believe that included shipping and all that along with the Wii, the controllers and the games. That is great news about your friend!!!

Krystal~ That is great news on the weight loss! Speaking of SB, I just had one of the pepperoni pizzas for lunch. I am still at a toss up if I want to do SB or if I want to do WW. I do however have information on both, so I will go over both with a fine tooth comb and see which one I end up with. Good luck getting to 4 pounds gone on Sunday!

Ellen~ Good luck with all the carpet pulling and tile laying! you have been one busy women with all the home repairs that you have been doing!

pattygirl63
03-07-2008, 03:28 PM
Hi Ladies

I had the best tasting breakfast this morning. Thought I would share it. I call it
Chocalate Walnut Oatmeal. I used 1 serving of oatmeal (I like old fashioned and make it in microwave using amount of water & timing for consistency I prefer). I added 1/2 T each of walnuts and semi-sweet chocolate morsels. Total 4 pts and delicious. MUFA breakfast. I had mine with WW Amaretto yogurt and a cup of coffee.

For dinner I plan to have a pizza made with 1 WW tortilla, 1/4 c pizza sauce, 1/3 c lowfat shredded mozzarella cheese topped with 8 black olive slices. 5 pts.

I read today on a newsletter I get by e-mail and they said that brown rice is the best way to build our bones ladies. So I am going to have to learn to eat at least 1/2 c a day. I thought that maybe on days when I don't plan a meal with it like today, I can make Jane's 0 pt soup and add 1/2 c of the brown rice to it for a meal or snack.

DH is trying to talk himself into or out of going to Charlotte, NC. We are having a rainy day, but it looks like it might be over. So I don't know what we are doing for the rest of the day.

Hope everybody is doing good and staying dry and warm.

Hugs,
Trish

Shopaholic1204
03-07-2008, 04:36 PM
Dh & I were emailing back & forth..and when he gets home today, we're gonna walk up this really steep hill and up some stairs, walk to the Nex, and circle around and go back the same way. I hate walking up that hill..but I'm gonna try to do it 2x a week, and slowly build up to every day. Wish me luck!!

tommysgirl18
03-08-2008, 01:43 AM
well.....the rest of the day went very well!

we had dinner and then the kids were all pooped!

I had a little scare this afternoon. I put Marissa down for her nap after she ate some solids at lunch time. I laid her down, and she proceeded to play and then she started crying. I went in to check on her, and well....needless to say, she only has blankets in her crib now! she did have some stuffed animals in her bed (I know I know.....she isn't suppose to), until this afternoon when she decided to pull the tag off her beanie baby bunny......and of course she put it in her mouth! I had to literally hold her hands down with one hand and sweep my finger from side to side (avoiding her teeth) to get it out. every time she would get mad at me and cry, the tag would slip away....so I would have to push my finger back in and sweep it out in order to get it out. I was all set to grab her and run to the office to get some help......but I was able to get it out far enough that I could grab it.

Trish~ I love eating brown rice....I just need to eat more of it! I did however have some for dinner on Friday night!

Francie~ That is great on the new workout! I want to get back into the habit of walking again at night......but two things need to happen.....mainly the weather needs to get nicer! and the other thing is I need to make sure that the kids won't wake up while I walk around the complex.

Shopaholic1204
03-08-2008, 03:58 AM
Mindee~Omg!! Thank God Marissa is okay!! That is scary!!

Well..we went on our walk..but had to cut it short, because I got sick from drinking too much water way too fast. Dh had to get the car cuz I threw it all up in the bushes. So we ended up driving back home..lol. I seriously dont know what happened, it was just so weird. I feel better now though =D

FrouFrou
03-08-2008, 04:22 PM
Hello ladies...

TRISH...the oatmeal sounds good even though I am not a fan of nuts in cereal, or choc...may have to try it. Sounds like you are doing great with WW! I know I should be eatin brown rice but not a big fan of it. I will eat it though, but I mix it with the white...probably defeats the purpose, lol.

MINDEE...omgoodness! Glad you got to Marissa when you did! :hug: That would scare me too! When I glance thru your post at first I saw "the kids had dinner and then pooped" :lol: I thought, okay, that's nice to know, lol.

FRANCIE...hope you are feeling better now. That is weird, maybe you just over did it?

Nothing much going on today...laundry, exercise, reading and computer time. Not necessarily in that order, lol but getting it done. Cooking some pinto beans for a pot of chili for dinner later. Just sounded really good on this cold day. The sun is shining now but the wind is making it cold.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

jules1216
03-08-2008, 05:41 PM
Ugh....lost a big post

don't remember all the post..be back later...

tommysgirl18
03-08-2008, 05:53 PM

just enjoying a nice relaxing day inside! we are under a snow and blowing snow advisory! It was a pain in the butt just to go to the dumpster and the mail box! right now we are watching Ice Road Truckers on the History channel. It makes our snow storm look like a walk in the park!

I weighed in this morning at 235.2lbs!

Francie~ My goodness.....I have had that happen to me as well. Just last night actually....I was putting the dishes away and just couldn't clear my throat enough, and the next thing I know I was leaning over the sink (it was the closest thing to me at the time). But I opened some water to help get rid of the nasty taste in my mouth and started popping some peppermint and that helped a lot!

Cristina~ LOL....what can I say, I am all about entertainment!

Jules~ Nick is getting so big!!!!

Shopaholic1204
03-08-2008, 08:02 PM
Cristina~Chili sounds good..I havent had homemade chili in so long. And ya, I probably did over do it.

Mindee~Peppermint does help a lot!!! ;) I just chewed some watermelon gum, lol.

Nothing much is going on right now. I picked up around the house, mopped & vacuumed this morning. I walked today, so I felt pretty good. We live in a circle..so that took about 20 mins, lol. :carrot: Then I watched these 2 movies on Lifetime (one I had recorded yesterday). I have a massive headache right now. I think its from my meds. Ugh...sometimes it hurts so bad, I can hardly see straight. Plus, I'm soooooooo sleepy!!! I wanna take a nap, but then if I do, I know I wont sleep tonight. I think I might just go take an hour nap though..maybe then my headache will go away...bbl!!

Sassy_Chick
03-08-2008, 08:14 PM
Hola Chicarinos!!!

Well I survived our "Big Winter Storm" We got I guess about 8-10 inches or so.........which for here I suppose is "A lot" :rolleyes: They totally freak out over an inch. :lol: Anywho, it was pretty bad as the wind was blowing and it caused drifting. So DH stayed at a hotel this morning after work, work paid for it. Hopefully he can come home in the morning though. :)

My mom emailed me and she is going to stay at work tonight, so that is good, don't have to worry about her. :)

Oh and MIL's cat took a turn for the worse, so they did end up putting her down anyways. Poor little thing I guess was having Seizures and just doing terrible towards the end. So now she is in peace. Now it will be totally weird going to the in-laws and there is no pets what-so-ever. They've always had animals since I've known them. DH said he can NEVER remember them without a pet. MIL said she actually was doing good during the whole procedure of putting the cat asleep. I was that way too. I totally broke down when I had to finally pick up Puddy's bowl and wash it and put it away. :cry:

So I haven't been doing much. Just been watching tv or movies, nothing more to do here since um the whole city is basically shut down. :lol:

I will come back later and do the indies.......Just wanted to let everybody know that I am still alive!!! :lol:

Anybody heard from Michelle??? Hoping all is well with her. :hug:

Take Care all!!!

tommysgirl18
03-08-2008, 11:20 PM
Francie~ Yup....I always have mints on me. In fact, I would probably buy Wal-Mart out of their mints if I could! I just buy the $1 one bag of them and they work just the same.....I haven't had watermelon gum in a long time! I have gotten into this Orbits gum lately.

Sassy~ It is good to hear from you! That is good that your DH stayed at a hotel and your mom stayed at her work. Sorry to hear about your MIL's cat. But like you said, at least she is in a better place.

upswife
03-09-2008, 12:44 AM
Almost doen with the floor ladies!! So tired...started this am at 7:30 and stopped about 9:30...that did include a trip out for lunch, then dropped the kids off at mom's (too antsy) and yet another trip to Home depot. only a small section of the floor need to be finished, will probably take about an hour. Will finish it off after church. Going to go, have to get some sleep b4 WE "spring forward"

P.S. Tom showed today..disapointed, but ok with it. very cramped because I was late. Oh TMI. nighty night ladies!

Shopaholic1204
03-09-2008, 01:43 AM
Mindee~I LOVE those dinner mints or whatever they're called. We had them at our wedding and my mom stole like 10 of them..lol. Well, she didnt steal them, cuz she bought them..but you know what I mean. Mmmm..I want some now. LoL!! The watermelon gum is Extra. Its soooooooooooooo yummy!!! They need to make a chocolate flavored gum, lol.

Ellen~Sorry that TOM showed up...but this is kinda weird. I was telling Dh about how on this other message board, we call it AF (aunt flo). And he said that he thought it was called TOM, which I had never heard of before, lol. Until now when I read what you wrote. But ya..I think i'm gonna get mine soon. So now BFP for me this month. Oh well..

pattygirl63
03-09-2008, 03:31 PM
:(Sorry JL quick one. Today is WI and lost total of 5.5 lbs this week. :carrot: Now to stay OP and keep going down. Haven't started exercises :?: yet, but will try to do that tomorrow.

Mindee - :o:^:Marissa so blessed to have a quick thinker and smart Mommy. I've had to do that a few times in my life of child care in my home and nuseries and raising and taking care of kids, grandkids, nieces and nephews. I learned that no matter how much you watch them you can't stop everything, but it was good you were there at the right time. A real blessing. One of my nephews swallowed a quarter one time (he was old enough to know better and I still tease him about it). His Mama said "He'll pass it". My other sister had a son put a bean or something up his nose and she had to take him to ER. Glad everything turned out good.

Jules - Baby Nick is really growing and sooooo cute.

Got to run. Everybody have a nice quite Sunday afternoon.

Hugs,
Trish

Marti
03-09-2008, 04:27 PM
Morning! Actually it's pass noon so, Good Afternoon!

Catching up on laundry then DD & I are heading to town to do some errands.

Still eating well and exercising. Hubby has been working every single day since his vacation. He's been talking about redoing our kitchen next. We're not tearing things down or anything, just updating the cupboards and appliances. (the appliances are from the 70's! and need updated) This won't happen until the summer though.

I didn't WI on Friday like I had planned....but will this coming Friday.

Better get......DD is wanting computer time.

Have a great Sunday.

Jane
03-09-2008, 08:34 PM
Holy Cow - I haven't posted since Thursday??? :yikes: Lots to catch up on!

Marti - have you thought about redoing just the front of the cabinets? I've seen that done on TV, and with new handles too, they look so different! Will you have a theme to your kitchen?

Trish - wow, your weight loss is impressive! Way to go! :carrot: We eat brown and wild rice often. I really like the nutty flavor.

Jules - Nick is getting so big, and still just as handsome as can be.

Francie - I love your new avatar. You're a very pretty girl. I call it Aunt Flo, too, sometimes. Thankfully, I don't have to worry about it anymore. Whoohoo!

Sassy - maybe you inlaws will get a new pet soon. I think I'll always have a dog. Even though it's a real pain when we go on vacation, I still always want a dog. DD is allergic to cats, or I'd have one of them, too.

Mindee - yikes, glad you were able to save Marissa. I'm going to tell Gina to cut the tags from all of Jackson's stuffed animals! Who would have ever thought they'd come off like that!

Ellen - sorry about TOM. :hug:

Krystal - yay for the loss! You're doing great. Did you get a bunch of snow? Here in S. Indiana, we got about an inch, but the worst part went north of us, thank goodness, lol.

Tammy - where are you, sweetie? Did you have your eyes done?

Today has been a quiet day. I went to church, and brought home dinner. I've been napping some, and just being lazy. <yawn> It feels good to just do nothing, lol.

Tomorrow I have errands to run to the tax accountant, the pharmacy and Kohl's. Katie's bridal shower is Saturday, so I want to get her gift where she registered, before Neal's surgery in case we're stuck in E'ville for any reason.

Hope you've had a good weekend. :hug:

Shopaholic1204
03-09-2008, 08:34 PM
I am so depressed today :( I just need to vent right now.

Everything was going so well until dh went to get the mail from yesterday. We got another letter from housing telling us that our downstairs neighbors complained yet again about the noise we're making in the early morning. This is such complete bs. We're in bed by 10pm every single night, we do not make any sounds at all!!!!!!!!! I'm so sick of those paranoid people. And I know it was them who came to my door yesterday. Except that I wasnt making a sound. I was just sitting at my comp, with my headphones on and playing a game. They're always coming up here telling us to keep quiet, even when we're not making a freakin sound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They've accused dh of beating me twice..and called the cops on us the 2nd time, cuz they thought he was beating me. OKay first of all..my husband has never ever laid a hand on me. And he wouldnt ever do that either!!! Them accusing him of doing something like that hurt him so much. And you know..how dare them stick their noise into our business. Who do they think they are?!?!!? They are NOT our parents..Ugh..I hate this crap. The next time they make a noise, I will call housing on them. See how they like it.

Remember that whole drama I had with Nutrisystem? Well..its not over. I was supposed to wait for UPS to drop off the package, and I was supposed to refuse it, right? WRONG!! UPS came on friday and the neighbors downstairs were making sooooooooooooooooooo much noise, that I didnt even hear the UPS driving knocking so freakin softly!!!!! So I missed it!! Then to top it off, the lady I spoke with at Nutrisystem said that the money was already taken out. Well, that turned out to be such a big fat lie. I checked my account, and we're completly negative. They took out the rest of our money. I cannot believe this. So now I gotta go all the way down to UPS and tell them to send the effin package back. Some chick told me that it wouldnt cost anything, so I'm really really hoping that it wont.

Plus, I have a whole bunch of other problems that I'm not allowed to talk about. But lets just say that it has to do with the Navy and leave it at that.

I felt really down that I made a cake and homemade frosting. Which I've done before. I love baking so much, but I doubt I'll even eat the cake.

I'm gonna go lay down and try not to think about all this stuff.

tommysgirl18
03-10-2008, 12:36 AM

Francie~ My goodness!!! We had neighbors above us like that. They used to call the office and complain when I would lay the kids down and they would cry! Then when the lady came to my door and asked me to come upstairs to hear what she hears, I went up there and come to find out, she used to work at the gas station that we used to go into when we would visit from friends. But anyways.....we finally got fed up with it, and started calling the office on them for being noisy and stomping around their apartment. Needless to say, she never called the office again! OMG I would be so pissed at Nutrisystem! We had a company do that to us, one time. Granted we had told them to take the money out, but we also told them that we would tell them when to take it out, and they took it upon themselves to take it when they wanted to. So, I know what you are going through! I hope every thing gets settled soon!

Jane~ Yup, she is really into putting everything in her mouth that I didn't think any thing of it. But now, I am going to go through and take the tags off all her toys and then she can have them back in her bed.

Trish~ I had been infant and child CPR certified and adult CPR certified when I was in junior high, I think it was....and then my senior year I got recertified in Adult CPR. I didn't think I would ever have to use any thing that I learned so long ago, let alone use it on my own child! One of my younger sisters put a curly fry up her nose and my parents had to take her to the ER to get it suctioned out.

upswife
03-10-2008, 10:21 AM
Good morning ladies!!! My floor is done!!! it looks so much better. Still have to do the molding, but I have the stain, and will work on that today. I have to run to dad's to pick up 2 different saws, then to Home depot for a few more things. DH still wants to do the cabinets, but will have to sit down with the ppl and fig it out.

Was going to have a lazy day after the bustle of the weekend, but DH said he still wants to hit the gym this afternoon. He has to evaluate his ppl so his work schedule is a little cooky for the next two weeks. all in all things are good, going to hop on the scale and get a preliminary WI. HAve a great day all!!! Will try to post later and get Indies done.

jules1216
03-10-2008, 12:49 PM
Hi everyone--can't stay long since I am at work. Verizon has to come out and check our phone line this week--service is coming and going.

I am having lots of fun with the grandboy but have to say I am a little sad at Ryan moving to Portland. I am going to miss our times together. Jerry and Teri are very similar in temperment and Ry and I are more alike. It looks like he will be leaving sometime in April. Adam and Lauren are flying out on April 2We are going to Baltimore or DC for his April 1 bday before he leaves instead of the original plan of Philadelphia--just me and him. He is just coming to OR with 2 suitcases and a messenger bag to begin with and I will ship things out to him. I think Teri is going to miss him more than she thinks--they have been living together again for about 9 months and they are really getting on each others nerves--the brother/sister opposite personality thing going on--same nit-picking things they fought about all their lives.....

FrouFrou
03-10-2008, 02:13 PM
Just droppin' by to say HI.

FRANCIE...ugh! Apartment living sucks! I came away from such a bad experience living in Dallas that I HATE that place now! Sorry you are having to deal with those people and nutruisystem. If I were you I would talk to the bank and tell them you did no authorize them to take the money out of your account and to not let them do it again. Because you basically didn't authorize it...by trying to cancel your account with them. Maybe that will work. There's got to be something you can do.

ELLEN...bet your kitchen is looking fabulous!

MINDEE...love your new avatar! You both look so cute!

SASSY...well, at least the kitty is at peace and not suffering anymore. Glad DH was able to stay in a hotel and that the job actually does that for it's employees.

JULES...hugs to you missy. I know how hard it will be when Ry moves to OR. :hug: :hug:

Anyway...nothing much going on today. Laundry, laundry and more laundry...always with the laundry, lol. Have a good one....

Shopaholic1204
03-10-2008, 03:01 PM
Jane~Thanks for the comment :) Thats so exciting that Katie's Bridal shower is on sat!! I hope you all have fun!!!

Mindee~We complained about the neighbors once. They had dog crap all over their yard and we could never have our windows open, because the wind would blow and we'd get a major wiff of the stink. So we complained. After that they stopped..UNTIL dh deployed last year. They contacted dh's command when they deployed last year. I cried so hard when DH told me, cuz he was already stressed out with work and being seperated from me. Then they called and added more stress for him. I'm just so sick of them..I'm afraid to make a freakin sound at night now. I hate walking on eggshells.

Cristina~I think after living in an apt, we'll be getting a house when we move. I hope to God we get a house. I dont think I could stand to live in another apartment. You know, I thought about calling the bank. But then Nutrisystem has my credit card number. I mean..it is a little weird that they could just take the money out like that, when my card expired this month. But then I dunno..I got a little confused. My card expired 3/08..which is this month..Does they mean that it wont work anymore? Or that after this month, it wont? Or maybe they took the money out after we got paid on the 29th of LAST month. Because then it would count, dont you think? I dunno..either way, I'll be calling up the bank. We're returning the box tomorrow, because dh gets off work early.

Anyways....I had a panic attack last night. It lasted for about 3 hours. I guess the stress of everything finally caught up to me. Joy. I kept going to and from the bathroom all night to throw up (TMI)..so I guess the neighbors will be complaining again. Great. And what made it worse was that everytime I got up to go, or dh got up..I kept thinking "omg, the neighbors are gonna complain in the morning, and we're gonna get kicked out of base housing!!!" Can you imagine how paranoid I am now because of them? Oh wait..I just heard them make a noise..omg, I should complain, LOL!! Wanna know something cute?? The whole time I was having my panic attack..my kitty Sassy was rubbing my head and cuddling up next to me. It was so sweet. My other cats had a worried look on their faces. I love my cats. They really are little people in fur coats, LOL!!

Okay well..I'm gonna go outside and walk around. I really need some fresh air to clear my mind. My legs dont hurt as much anymore when I walk now. Thats pretty good huh?? I just wish the sun would come out, so I could get a tan, lol.

tommysgirl18
03-10-2008, 04:43 PM
Hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end.....all three kiddos are taking naps. Marissa hasn't thrown up since last night so I am taking it as a good sign! Brandon got home from school with two folders full of information! He has his regular classroom folder, and then he also has a speech folder. There was information in his regular folder about spring pictures next week, and about the dentist office that comes on wheels to visit. He is good about getting on the school bus in the morning.....it is getting him off the school bus that tends to be an issue. Today it wasn't an issue because he wanted to jump to me off the bus.....but if he walks off the bus then he was to walk through the snow and then proceed to grab the shovel and have mommy chase him around! The other thing that he loves to do.....is when he gets home from school, he loves pulling every thing out of his back pack and handing it to me!

I gotta run.....the boys are watching a dvd on Daytona Bike Week.......and I am hearing "dada" coming from the bedroom! I will check back in later after Marissa's recheck. The boys have their recheck appointment at the end of the month. Why they are not getting checked today at the same time is beyond me.....but that is the way that the doctor that was in wanted it done.

Francie~ I would complain when they make loud noises. I know it might be childish and all, but like the saying goes "two can play at that game." if they know that it bothers you guys when they call, they won't like it when they get letters and such saying that they were complained on.

Jane
03-10-2008, 10:46 PM
Hi ladies,

Cristina - how did I leave you out of yesterday's post?? I wanted to ask what Charlotte thought of the bags and if she liked the candles.

Neal and I are headed to Evansville tomorrow. We're staying in a hotel across from the hospital, since he has to sign in at 6am Wed at the hospital for his back surgery. If all goes well, he will be released in 23 hours.

I'm not taking the laptop since I can't leave Neal to go where there is wifi, so I'll talk to you Thursday, or whenever we get home. :)

Shopaholic1204
03-10-2008, 11:09 PM
I hope all goes well with his surgery Jane!!!:hug:

Sassy_Chick
03-11-2008, 01:46 AM
Morning Girls. :coffee:

I felt like total crapola so I didn't go into work lastnight (Monday night). I have been basically sleeping or at least laying down, I haven't slept much at all. :tired: I got up and took a shower and DH is making dinner. I probably will crash in a few hours or so. Hopefully get a good sleep and then be ready for work tonight. (Tuesday night). I hated calling off but I felt like I was beat. I told DH I felt like a dirty dish rag that has been stomped on. :p

Well won't keep you. It got up to 40 yesterday (heatwave) and supposed to be in the mid-40's or 50's at least during the week.

Have a Great Day!!!

Shopaholic1204
03-11-2008, 02:21 AM
I'm offically fasting right now. Well no..the fasting started an hour ago, lol. I cant eat anything until after I've had my blood test..and my appt. is at 1pm!!! LOL!!! I can only have water and nothing else. This is gonna be interesting. I havent fasted since 2006, when I had to have surgery, lol.

Nighty nite ladies!!

tommysgirl18
03-11-2008, 02:30 AM
Jane~ I hope every thing goes well with Neal's surgery!

Sassy~ I hope you feel better soon!

Francie~ Good luck with your fasting! what are you fasting for again?

Marti
03-11-2008, 02:43 AM
Evening ladies...

Just got my walking in......feels good, now I'm ready for a shower and then off to bed.

I need more fruits and veggies in my daily food intake. I'll have to go shopping this weekend and stock on "good for me" foods.

Still struggling to be good but I'm doing better than I have. I think I'm going to make myself a weight loss chart and then mark it each week to see how I'm doing. Also need to get my food journal going again. Need to quit talking about it and just do it!!

Hope all is well w/everyone. Sorry for not doing indi's...to much right now to catch up, but I do send.........

Big hugs :hug:for Neal, Jane!

I better get off the computer....my eyes are tired!

I think we're close enough to the end of this thread so I'll go start a new one. See you all at