Support Groups - Short Chicks--March/April 08

View Full Version : Short Chicks--March/April 08

Shay
03-01-2008, 03:03 AM
Welcome to the new thread! I decided to go with two months this time around. We are a small but dedicated group looking for new people to join us.

teacher1
03-01-2008, 11:10 AM
Yeah March!!!! Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Shay
03-03-2008, 10:01 PM
Not much traffic here lately. I'm not feeling the love.

gailr42
03-03-2008, 11:09 PM
How the heck did I miss this place????:lol: OMG! I am the tallest one here, so far. Actually I am not quite 5'2". I rounded it up about 1/2".

Shay
03-04-2008, 02:24 AM
:welcome2: Gail! We haven't been here too long. Since December maybe. Its basically a product of me being on 3FC too many times a day and noticing there are a lot of short chicks on here.

gailr42
03-04-2008, 05:54 PM
:lol: :lol: I hear ya. I am still short today. Still a bit "fluffy", too.

Do you other shorties have trouble getting clothes to fit? I am short-waisted and relatively long legged. I have a terrible time getting things to fit me smoothly on top. A dress with a waist always gapes out in the middle of my back. Especially when I am near my goal weight.

Also, I am thick in the waist, so by the time I get something to fit at the waist, the crotch is down around my knees. So chic!

I think some of the catalogs that sell petite sizes just cut about half an inch off the bottom of the garment and call that good. There is absolutely no real proportioning. Even with my "relatively" long legs, the petite sizes are always a few inches too long.[/rant]

teacher1
03-04-2008, 07:32 PM
Hi my buddy Gail!!!!!

Everyone have a great night.

gailr42
03-04-2008, 10:25 PM
Hah! Can't get away from me, can ya? I am everywhere........

Shay
03-04-2008, 10:28 PM
Gail--The clothing thing is a huge issue. I carry a lot of weight in my stomach and so I find the pants fit me everywhere except my stomach. Or it fits across my stomach but huge everywhere else. I've told many people I've had fantastic luck at Kohl's. Not the last few times though. I just need to be able to fit in my petite capris this summer so I don't have to even think about shopping.

teacher1
03-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Likenoother- I hear that with the clothes. When I start dropping weight I have so many clothes to wear.

teacher1
03-08-2008, 10:22 AM
Hi all,
Have a great weekend.

Shay
03-08-2008, 12:28 PM
Teacher1--I really am pushing to not have to shop for the summer. Last summer I didn't have to. I am hoping this summer I won't have to again. My wardrobe consists of capri pants or shorts with a county t-shirt. I want to buy because I want to not because I have to.

teacher1
03-10-2008, 09:15 PM
Hi-
I'm really upset tonight. I applied for another teaching position and found out I didn't get it. I still have a job but it's very sad.

Shay
03-10-2008, 11:30 PM
Teacher1--I know it is upseting now but I am a true believer in things happen for a reason. When I was planning to leave my last job I applied to two places and didn't get the jobs. Then I applied for my current job and got it. Looking back I am very happy I didn't get those other jobs. I know what goes on behind those doors and I wouldn't have been happy.

teacher1
03-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Likenoother- Thanks, I'm much better today.

vixjean
03-11-2008, 11:08 PM
Hi Shortys!
I didn't forget about you gals, just couldn't find you. Hahaha!

elisarae
03-12-2008, 09:01 AM
Hello Shorties!! I Am 5' 2" & 1/2 Lol
Life Is Short & So Am I!!

teacher1
03-12-2008, 07:48 PM
Welcome elisarae!!!!

Welcome back vixjean!!!

Have a great night.

elisarae
03-13-2008, 09:24 AM
Welcome elisarae!!!!

Welcome back vixjean!!!

Have a great night.

Thank you for the welcome!!

teacher1
03-13-2008, 08:34 PM
I'm sooo glad the weekend is almost here. Plus, next week is spring break :)

vixjean
03-14-2008, 01:08 AM
Hi girls, I had a great weigh in this morning and am down to 167.2, lowest I have seen since, well, that I don't know.
Hi Teacher!
Here is a question for everyone,
do you hem your pants or let them drag, how do you like petite pants (all pants)?

gailr42
03-14-2008, 01:15 AM
Vixjean, Congratulations on the great weigh-in!!!!

I hem. I like anything that is petite if it is proportioned. My gripe is that some companies seem to just shorten the length a couple of inches, and leave the rest excactly the same as the regular sizes. To me, that means the garment will be way to long in the crotch and/or waist.

teacher1
03-14-2008, 04:58 PM
I don't sew so I just get my pants altered when needed. Most of the time I buy petite pants so I don't have to pay to get them shorter.
Spring Break has started :)

Shay
03-14-2008, 07:55 PM
Welcome Elisarae!

Vixjean--No hemming here. I tend to just let stuff drag. I always buy petite but it still drags for me. Sometimes I just wear cropped pants as regular jeans.

Next week is Spring Break here too teacher1. We do run a spring break camp though. I'm not supervising that one though. My role is to ensure the kids with disabilities enrolled in our elem camp and teen camp are included appropriately. I'm going to a workshop/meeting in Roanoke on Monday. I got another busy week ahead.

vixjean
03-14-2008, 09:26 PM
i usually let them drag too, no more than an inch or so too long, unless they are crazy, then i can hem them.
However with petite pants (or professionally hemmed), I have noticed that they seem too short after a few washes.

teacher1
03-15-2008, 12:23 PM
Hi all,
No change for my ticker this week but I'm sure it will go down after a week of workouts.

teacher1
03-18-2008, 11:50 AM
hi ladies-
day 2 of my spring break and day 2 of my y classes. i'm sore but excited. 3 more days and classes to hit my spring break goal :)

Enygirl
03-18-2008, 07:50 PM
Ok girls - I've been gone for a long time.. I fell off the Earth into Cubicle Hel! and I'm now trying to bite and claw my way out. If I was more on course - I'd be tiny enough to fit through the cracks.. but alas - with Cubicle hel - comes the "Open door refrigerator" problem. I have not been good at all lately. - But Shay knows all about how much I've been lost.

I've Missed you all - Can I come home????

teacher1
03-18-2008, 09:46 PM
Enygirl- welcome back, sorry to hear work is so crazy. i've been around here lately but my weight loss isn't on target. so back to work for both of us :) you've lost so much weight already 52 pounds, that's great!!!!!

Enygirl
03-18-2008, 09:54 PM
Thanks teach - truth is the first #30 wasn't trying.. and it's been over the last 2 years. But I figure I was #145 13 years ago, and #241 2 years ago.. so if in 10 years I put on #100 - then I shouldn't expect it to take 10 days to get it back off!

Thanks for letting me back in :)

Lekhika
03-18-2008, 09:59 PM
Hey ENygirl! How are you?

I'm a shortie and I hem all of my own jeans...I do a european seam that saves the original seam.

Enygirl
03-18-2008, 10:05 PM
Lekhika - I'm ok.. life got CRAZY for awhile there. I'm working on getting back on track. How are you? Everything going good???

teacher1
03-19-2008, 12:01 PM
lekhika-
wow, amazing weight loss- what program are you on? can you share a little about your journey?

day 3 of spring break and day 3 of my y class. today it was turbokick!! fun, not sure if i'll be able to walk about this week but i'm back on track.

Enygirl
03-19-2008, 01:40 PM
Teach - good job getting back on track. I'm doing good today. I'm eating on plan - have already gotten my water in today... I'm working out from 8-9 and then ME time until Bed! If I can keep this up - I'll be back on track in NO TIME!

Working towards HEALTHY HABITS!!!

Shay
03-19-2008, 07:14 PM
teacher1--Great job on the exercise! You are being so productive during Spring Break.

enygirl--Weight loss is definitely a journey with peaks and valleys.

teacher1
03-20-2008, 01:36 PM
likenoother- thanks!!!

day 4 of spring break and day 4 of my y class. today i tried a bosu class for the first time. it was hard but okay. not one of my fav's but not as bad as step. i hate step class!!! so far step is the only class i refuse to go back to a the y.

Shopaholic1204
03-20-2008, 01:44 PM
Hey..I'm short :D Can I join???????

teacher1
03-20-2008, 02:00 PM
Welcome shopaholic!!!!!!!!

Shopaholic1204
03-20-2008, 02:06 PM
:flow2: Thanks :carrot: :wave:

BTW, you can just call me Francie. :D

Missakay
03-21-2008, 02:51 AM
HI!!! Ladies!! Looks like my kind of group!! :hug:

I'm just starting out and looking for a group!

Enygirl
03-21-2008, 08:58 AM
Missakay & shopaholic :welcome: This is a great group w/ a lot of support!

Starting over again today.. yesterday didn't go so well at all! :hug: for all!

Shopaholic1204
03-21-2008, 09:07 AM
:wave:Just stopping by to say Hey to everyone!! Hope everyone has a good day. I'm actually going back to bed because dh's alarm scared the crap out of me at 4:15am, lol.

I'll be back laters

teacher1
03-21-2008, 04:10 PM
missakay- welcome!

i did it. day 5 of spring break and day 5 of my y class. i did yoga today which helped all my sore muscles. tomorrow there is a hip hop hustle class i might go to :)

Enygirl
03-21-2008, 05:07 PM
How cool! I love the dance videos on Comcast's OnDemand. The Stripper ones have come in handy ;)

finishing up dinner now - and looking very much forward to a nice relaxing nit. This weekend's going to be a bit crazy - so i need to get things in order now.

Alright girls! Until later!

Shopaholic1204
03-21-2008, 05:14 PM
Oh how cool that theres dance videos on Comcast onDemand. We have Wave, so I dont know if theres any videos (other than Mtv Hits, lol) I have a stripper dvd that I just love!!! Its a fun workout.

vixjean
03-21-2008, 05:30 PM
Hi Gals, joined a challenge at work, just for accountability, I think we are putting about 10 bucks in a person to buy the winner something. We are weighing in every two weeks. I am excited, but nervous about weighing in in front of everyone and possibly failing, not to mention a few of the girls might be on diet pills too. Not me though, =)

Shay
03-21-2008, 07:26 PM
:welcome2: Newbies! I am so excited to see more people joining us! :carrot:

teach-- I agree with the step class. Hate it. I sweat alot but that's from getting confused and all turned around. Its a waste of my time.

Francie--peace, love, and bubblegum..that is so cute!

Vixjean--You are so brave weighing in front of others. Not me. I could never do that. Its not that I'm embarassed for anyone to see my weight I'm just thinking why does anybody else really need to know how much I weigh?

Shopaholic1204
03-21-2008, 07:51 PM
Vixjean~Good luck!! I admire you for weighing in front of other people, I dont think I could do it.

likenoother (shay is it?)~Its something me & my friends used to say back in high school. We used to say "Peace, Love & Sexual Freedom" but we're all married now..lol..so we just changed the last one to something else. We all have a different one now. I picked Bubble Gum :D

Enygirl
03-21-2008, 08:53 PM
Vix - you rock! I know that when we did our contest at work - we didn't weigh in in front of each other - we were on the honor system. I don't know if I could've done it with everyone looking!

Shop - I like the avatar... it's cute. ;) I'm a HUGE cutesy person.. but I generally change my avatar pic with my current mood. (hence the feeling small - and needing some one else to kinda control things right now)

Alright girls - off for the night! Have a great one!

Shopaholic1204
03-21-2008, 09:32 PM
Enygirl~Thanks. I'm a cutesy person too. I have like a thousand icons, lol. I sometimes change it to fit my mood too. :hug: on feeling small :(

Alrighty..I'm gonna have some din din. BBL

Missakay
03-21-2008, 11:27 PM
YAY!!! :carrot: I did it I went to the gym ( I have not been there in a year and a half)!!I forgot how wonderful I feel after a workout!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

BTW I love the gym scale...it says I am 5 pounds less then mine!! lol

Shopaholic1204
03-22-2008, 02:03 AM
Woohoo for going to the gym Miss Kay!!!!

I plan on working out some more after dh leaves.

teacher1
03-22-2008, 09:38 AM
You go missakay :)

I'm taking the weekend off from working out, I'm so sore. Have a great weekend.

teacher1
03-22-2008, 03:29 PM
actually ended up going to hip hop hustle at the y :)

vixjean
03-22-2008, 03:58 PM
Hi All Shorties!
At work they had a much bigger competition with all the sales guys, mostly men, and that costs $100 a person, I was like NO WAY am I joining in with the GOOD OLD RICH BOYS, lol... I suggested we did an all female one, so the girls in our department, (all but one that is expecting) decided to do it, none of us could do 100, so we took it down to 10 bucks, ;) somehow, a guy from our department snuck in the competition, which I wasn't really happy about, but I am over it! LOL! There are 7 of us, the guy was the heaviest, then second was a girl that is like 5'9 or something, than me (and OF COURSE I am the shortest). It is great though, because now they are not eating donuts and brining in a bunch of crap that I have to look at, LOL...
BTW... I had a KILLER weigh in this morning at 165! I am proud to say I have lost 15 lbs since September, when I started this journey and also joined 3FC!

Missakay
03-22-2008, 03:58 PM
YAY!! Teacher! VIX!!! :congrat::hug:
My biggest obstacle is staying motivated…like today I’m a bit sore…I really just want to skip....but I just need to go!!
And it really help to post about to keeps me motivated. :D

And I really like the smilies!!! LOL :woohoo:

Shopaholic1204
03-22-2008, 05:04 PM
Congrats on losing 15 pounds!! That is so awesome!!!

Enygirl
03-22-2008, 06:29 PM
I've almost completed all goals for today. :) my eating has been borderline - but I'm still counting it positive. I just have to make sure that I don't eat anymore tonight! I should be good. I have my workout to do after DD's shower and then the rest of the night is mine :D

Misskay - WTG on getting to the Gym!

Vix - AWESOME WEIGH IN!! I know that #15 is an awesome thing! keep up the good work!

ALright - off to do some laundry before hte nightly rituals.
:hug: & :dust: for :easter3:

Shopaholic1204
03-22-2008, 06:42 PM
I found this today and thought I'd share it with everyone. Its pretty cute.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f110/americangurl182000/new%20icons/thththnottall.png

I gave myself a new goal. I want to lose 5 more pounds by my 23rd birthday (April 29). And my gift to myself will be to get my tongue pierced. Woohoo!!

Shopaholic1204
03-23-2008, 10:49 AM
:bunny2:Happy Easter Everyone!!!!!!!:egg:

I'm gonna be spending the rest of the day with dh. He's leaving later today, so I'll be back then. Have a great day with your families!!!!!

teacher1
03-23-2008, 10:51 AM
happy easter :) a day full of yummy food and candy. ahhh

Shay
03-23-2008, 11:25 AM
Hi everyone,
Congrats on the 15lbs Vixjean!

Francie--Is that your husband in the picture with you? Is he in the military? Navy? My parents are retired Army and my brother is in Iraq now. He's in the Army. Two girls at work husbands are heading over soon. One is Marines the other Air Force.

Feel really good today maybe because I feel I am putting better things in my body.

Shopaholic1204
03-23-2008, 01:23 PM
Shay~Ya, thats my hubby, Alfonso (Fonzo for short). And yes he is in the Navy. :D Thank your brother for me. I appericate all that the military does. Fonzo was in the Persian Gulf last year. A few of my friend's husbands (they're on another ship) are headed that way now. :( And Fonzo's best friend left for Iraq not too long ago. He's in the Army.

vixjean
03-23-2008, 02:09 PM
Happy Easter Girls!
Staying away from the crap today, so far a bowl of oatmeal, and a buttload of COFFEE!!!!

Shopaholic1204
03-23-2008, 10:26 PM
Hey everyone!!! I hope you all had a good Easter!!

We had a pretty fun Easter. We ended up going to Walmart this morning because I never got to get my chocolate Easter Bunny. Which turned out to be a huge bust. They were all GONE!!! But oh well..I ended up getting Hershey's Kisses. They're the new cherry ones..and Mmmmmmmmm they're sooooooo good!!! I also got the new People mag with Jennifer Lopez on the cover with her adorable twins (I want twins now, lol). And I got Antonement!! Which I'm going to watch after Dateline.

But for the bad news. Fonzo is gone :( He'll be home in a few days..but I'm still gonna miss him...I wish he didnt have to go.

Anyways..I'm gonna go watch the rest of Dateline. BBL

Enygirl
03-24-2008, 06:59 AM
Shop - :hug: Sorry about Fonzo being gone. I can't even imagine what that feels like!

I did good yesterday up until it was time to workout - the Joe said "let's watch a movie" and I'm a sucker for quality snuggle time. So I did... then came the munchies... chips, cheesy popcorn... and a buttload of Easter Candy! So After it all I didn't feel like workingout - but I felt bloated and yucky and ugh... so I'm starting again today. Seems as though I do great for 2 days - then screw up a day... I need to change that to great 62 days - have an off day!!!

Gentle Footprints...*sigh*

teacher1
03-24-2008, 06:29 PM
hi all-
it's hard to get back to the swing of things at work. oh well, everyone have a great night.

Enygirl
03-24-2008, 07:19 PM
Ok - I did day 1 again! I just finished my walk video. It's my favorite - but it's also the easiest ;) I'm still struggling with the stopping when full - or noticing when I am full even! Right now - I'm counting it good if I stop before I would've in the past... little steps right now.

I'm doing very little me time tonight... I have to work tonight, which stinks! But oh well the extra money is nice.

Ok girls - have a great night! :hug:

Shopaholic1204
03-24-2008, 08:02 PM
Hi everyone :wave:

Enyirl~YAy for doing the walking video. I did mine today too. Whenever I see your s/n, I always think you're an EN. Thats what dh is in the Navy, lol.

Well..my day has been okay so far. I did the one mile walk this morning (i'm gonna be hitting the 3 miles on Wed). Then about a half hour ago, I did some firming exercises. Omg, my "abs" and thighs are killing me right now, lol. Thats pretty much it. Tonight, I'm gonna use my exercise ball while watching my show. Is there any dvds that are based around the exersice ball??

Shay
03-24-2008, 09:01 PM
Francie--If you find a good exercise ball dvd just let me know because I need one myself.

Shopaholic1204
03-24-2008, 09:31 PM
Francie--If you find a good exercise ball dvd just let me know because I need one myself.

I did a search on Amazon..here's the link:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/002-2723571-7432852?url=search-alias%3Ddvd&field-keywords=exercise+ball

dreamcatchers
03-24-2008, 09:42 PM
Hello!
I am short too! Can I join the group? I have come back to 3 Fat Chicks since being gone for some time. It feels good to be back! I plan on sticking around for awhile since I have alot to do. This seems like a great group to chat with and I am 5'2". I am just starting my weight loss journey(again!). This time its for good!
I have a long term goal of wearing a "LBD"(little black dress) on September 24th for a Gala. I sooooo bad want to wear one!
Please help!
Lisa

teacher1
03-24-2008, 09:47 PM
Welcome Lisa!!!!!

Shopaholic1204
03-24-2008, 09:52 PM
:wave: Hi Lisa!!

Shay
03-25-2008, 01:07 PM
:welcome: Lisa!

Francie--Thanks for the link. I love Amazon. That "On the Ball" series looks interesting.

I'm tired as heck today but have tons to do. I will check back in later.

Missakay
03-25-2008, 01:25 PM
HI!! LISA!!! :welcome3:

dreamcatchers
03-25-2008, 02:46 PM
Thank you for all the warm welcomes!
I am looking forward to getting to know all of you short people. I am not sure what kind of eating plan I am doing. I have thought about Weight Watchers and have tried that before. I have been just being aware of what I am eating this week. What has been working for all of you?
Lisa

offthecouch
03-25-2008, 03:10 PM
Hi folks!

I'm 5'2.5" and think I've found a home! My 5'9" friend has the same amount of weight as I do to lose but you sure wouldn't know it looking at us. Good to find people my size.

I was around 3fatchicks before Christmas but lost momentum. I'm back with a lower-carb diet of my own. Aiming for lean protein, lots of vegies and fruits, small servings of whole grains. Just need to be consistent.

I'm really struggling with eating after dinner. That seems to be a pretty common problem.

Look forward to getting to know you!
Mary

rakuette
03-25-2008, 03:19 PM
hey there everyone! :high:
i'm relatively new to 3fc...
i am however, short ;)
the funny thing is, i was the tallest person in elem school :dizzy:

lisa
i count calories, then i know exactly what i am putting into my body. :carrot:

Shopaholic1204
03-25-2008, 03:56 PM
Hi everyone!!! :wave:

Enygirl
03-25-2008, 04:45 PM
:welcome: all you newbies!
Nothing to fantastic to report - staying on plan today. Taking DD to dance here in a few - then it's Tae Bo tonight! Billy Blanks KICKS MY BUTT!!! (but in a good way! ;))

As long as I don't eat after I work out then I'm golden and day 2 will be complete :) Here's some :dust: for all!

Shay
03-25-2008, 04:45 PM
:welcome2: Lisa (another one) and Mary!

I have been on every diet you could think of. I recently decided to work on intuitive eating to assist with my binge eating. I haven't lost any weight but I have maintained. I'm also working on incorporating superfoods into my day.

teacher1
03-25-2008, 06:04 PM
it was a horrible day at school but some days are just like that. on a good note, I did get up and workout this morning.

Missakay
03-25-2008, 06:52 PM
:welcome3: to ALL!! :hug:

So I was at the gym today and saw a skinny lady get on the scale and yeah she was the same weight as me ........except she has a good foot on me. LOL

Sometimes I wish I was taller!! lol ;)

Wow thanks for the will power dust because I am super tired today!!:yawn:

Shopaholic1204
03-25-2008, 07:18 PM
I'm pooped out. I worked out this morning, and I just got finished doing some firming exercises. My arms feel all week right now. I better sleep good tonight, lol.

I weighed myself after working out this morning, and I lost 1 pound, lol.

dreamcatchers
03-25-2008, 07:39 PM
Hi!
How many calories do you take in a day? I have thought that this may be an easier way for me to keep track of what I eat. I find myself buying those 100 cal foods (only because I feel like I have to snack and they are easy to control) I am sure they are not all that great for me. I also have not begun an exercise plan.
Thanks,
Lisa

dreamcatchers
03-25-2008, 07:42 PM
rakuette,
The calorie question was for you. You mentioned that as your way to keep track.
How about everyone else? Got any secrets to losing pounds? It has been so frustrating up and down, up and down. I want to be thin and feel great!!!
Lisa

Shopaholic1204
03-25-2008, 07:44 PM
I use fitday to keep track of my calories. I also eat the 100 cal snacks. They're just there for when I need a chocolate or sweet fix. As for losing pounds..well..to be honest. I was stuck at a certain number until I went on my new anti depressants. And then I lost 4 pounds. I currently lost another pound. But I pretty much just try to watch what I eat. And exercise often. I dont eat past 7pm. Plus, my new meds help me not to overeat too.

dreamcatchers
03-25-2008, 07:48 PM
Francie,
What is Fitday? I have been thinking of weight watchers but I really don't want to pay the weekly fee. I know that if I am serious I should just pay the fee. I would rather use the money for a gym membership or some kind of exercise class.
I also need motivation!
Lisa

Shopaholic1204
03-25-2008, 07:56 PM
Fitday is a weight loss & diet journal. http://fitday.com/ Make the best decision for yourself. If you dont want to use the money for WW, then join a gym. You could even get a trainer too. I love taking some of the classes my gym has to offer!! I was having trouble with motivation too. But I just kept telling myself over and over that I want to be healthier and that I'm doing this because I want a baby. Just tell yourself something over and over and see if that helps.

ChristinaBeke
03-26-2008, 07:30 AM
Hey I'm short can I Join ?
4'11

Likenoother your 4'11 too Kool

Shopaholic1204
03-26-2008, 01:41 PM
Just wanna share my good news!! I thought I lost 10 pounds, but really I lost 11!! Woohoo!! I've lost 11 pounds since joining 3FC!!!! I never thought I'd be able to do that. I'm past my high school weight too!! I still have 39lbs to go though. Once I get to my goal, I'll weigh the same as Dh, lol.

I hope everyone is having a good day!!! BBL!! :wave:

Enygirl
03-26-2008, 02:03 PM
Christina - :welcome:

Shop - :woohoo: great job on the loss!

I'm doing good soo far today.. although I need to kick up the water intake. usually I'm 2/3rds done by now - and today it's been slow - not sure why. Oh well i'll get it in there!

Alright - I have to pretend to work some more! ;)
BBL

offthecouch
03-26-2008, 03:14 PM
Hi all!

Francie, great going on the 11 lbs.!:D

Enygirl, I'm so impressed at how much weight you've lost!:carrot:Well done.

My eating was good yesterday--we had chef salads for dinner. Lots of lean protein and lots of vegies. I'm going to plan a salad as a meal most days--it's such an easy way to stay on plan.

I'm hoping to get in some strength training today. Plus I'll walk the dog.

Hope your day is going well, fellow shorties!
Mary

teacher1
03-26-2008, 06:44 PM
shop- way to go :)

This week seems so long. ahhhh

Shopaholic1204
03-26-2008, 06:52 PM
Thanks girls!!

Teacher, it does seem like this week is long. I kept thinking that it was thursday today and that dh would be home soon..but nope, its just Wed. Oh well, at least ANTM comes on tonight. I just miss my dh..

Missakay
03-26-2008, 10:04 PM
OMG!!!! I WANT TO EAT EVERYTHING IN THE KITCHEN!!!!!!! :hun:

:dust::dust::dust::dust:

Shopaholic1204
03-26-2008, 10:16 PM
I'm feeling ya on that one..LoL!!! I need CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dreamcatchers
03-26-2008, 10:25 PM
Hi!
Did someone say chocolate??? The easter candy MUST disappear!!
I love those REAL malted milk eggs!
I don't know how I think I am going to get into an LBD by September 24th if I don't start taking this weight loss thing seriously. I MUST begin!
Help!
Lisa

Shay
03-26-2008, 11:28 PM
Welcome Christina and anybody else I missed. Christina I started this thread because I noticed there are a lot of shorties on 3FC. I was also amazed that there are quite a few that are 4'11" too.

I am so excited--I know I've said this 3 or 4 times--so many people are posting but for a minute it was me and teach. I can't even keep up with everyone which is not a bad thing.

This has been a unbearably long week and we still have 3 more days to go.

Missakay
03-27-2008, 12:04 AM
LISA you can do it!! :hug:

If you cheat it is ok, dont beat yourself up over it ( I should take my own advice) just get back on the wagon tomorrow!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!! :carrot:

I have to remind myself that this is what I want and wanted for such a long time...and if I keep putting it off I will never do it. My favorite excuse is I will start tomorrow and seriously does tomorrow every really come!!

I gave up chinese food for this.....and I drive past my favorite chinese restaurant on my way home from the gym ....I die a little inside every time I pass it by!! LOL

Enygirl
03-27-2008, 08:09 AM
Mary - thanks.. some of it's decieving though. I had put on a TON of weight after I left my ex. I ballooned up to #241! (This was #10 heavier then the day I delivered DD) I gained it because I was so depressed. :( Then when I started dating my now BF I lost #30 quickly w/out really trying. The last #20 though have been blood sweat and tears since September! And I've been STUCK in the #180's since January! - Hence the I need to get over the plateau! I'm getting there though - it's just a matter of doing what I know I need to do!

Lisa - Jump on board! YOU CAN DO THIS! :)

Missakay - I'm SO sorry that you have to drive past your favorite chinese place! THAT WOULD BE TORTURE!!! :hug: Just remember that in the long run it'll be better.

Shop - a miniscule endulgence won't kill you - just know your limits. :)

Teach - I'm SO with you! I think part of the reason it seems so long to me it because I'm taking a 1/2 day on Friday - and I'm looking forward to it - so the rest of the week is DRAGGING!

Chris - :welcome:

Missakay
03-27-2008, 05:51 PM
I go to lifetime fitness and I had my personal profile done…..and it was bad. I’m 29 going on 39!! :cry: On top of feeling awful about the test results the guy tried to sell me all kinds of other test and products. He made me feel like if I don’t do and buy all that stuff I won’t loss weight!! I eat healthy and workout (I do cardio and weights) 6 days a week!! Do you think he is right!? :?:

This is the 1st time I felt like I can't do this!!

vixjean
03-27-2008, 08:12 PM
Christina- Welcome, hey I'm 4'11" too, lol! Go us!!!
Hi all, I had my first weigh in for my work competition today, I lost 2, my friend lost 3, I don't think anyone lost more (we are not really organized as we should be, LOL)
HI Everyone, hope your Easter went well. Back to studying for me!

Enygirl
03-27-2008, 09:00 PM
Missakay - YOU CAN DO THIS!! It is his JOB to attempt to sell you all sorts of things and make you think you have to have them.. it's how he puts food on his table! Honestly! There are thousands that have lost great amounts of weight w/ out any thing but discipline, hard work, patience, motivation, eating right and exercise.

Please - PLEASE don't let this guy steal your thunder! YOU ARE ABOVE AND BEYOND THAT!!!

Shay
03-27-2008, 11:58 PM
Missakay--I can't say it any better than Enygirl did. She is so right.

offthecouch
03-28-2008, 11:45 AM
Hi folks!

Missakay, I agree, what you need is willpower and consistency, and you can't buy those. Wish I could! You're doing great.

I had a really good day yesterday--got in exercise AND I ate well. Usually it's one or the other, not both.

I walked with my friend who is 5'9". We did the loop at the park. She was so slow, I felt like we were dragging. And it was cold so I wanted to get moving! I gotta say, it feels good when I'm faster than she is, with her long legs.

Hope your day is going well.
Mary

Shopaholic1204
03-28-2008, 12:39 PM
I just did 3 miles again today, with WATP. I didnt do any yesterday cuz I was feeling sick. But man, I feel sooooooooo good today!!! I wanna keep doing more. But I'm feeling really tired (woke up too early) and I need a shower.

Missakay
03-28-2008, 05:42 PM
Thank for your guys support!! :hug:

rakuette
03-28-2008, 06:00 PM
Hi!
How many calories do you take in a day? I have thought that this may be an easier way for me to keep track of what I eat. I find myself buying those 100 cal foods (only because I feel like I have to snack and they are easy to control) I am sure they are not all that great for me. I also have not begun an exercise plan.
Thanks,
Lisa

i try to eat around 1200-1400 a day. the 100 calorie packs are great because they are already measured out for you. i also count out snacks and bag them for myself. if i don't, it's harder to stop eating. you know?

i've got to do something though, because i am stuck at 174.
ive been here for like 2 weeks. ugh. at least i'm not gaining weight. but i'm eating the same as i was when i was losing. :dizzy: makes me nuts.

teacher1
03-28-2008, 06:07 PM
Hi all- So glad the weekend is finally here. Everyone have a wonderful weekend.

Shopaholic1204
03-28-2008, 06:12 PM
i try to eat around 1200-1400 a day. the 100 calorie packs are great because they are already measured out for you. i also count out snacks and bag them for myself. if i don't, it's harder to stop eating. you know?

Thats a pretty good idea. I'm gonna buy some more baggies and start doing that now. I've mostly just been sticking with the 100 cal snacks. What kind of snacks are you baggin?

Enygirl
03-28-2008, 08:29 PM
rak - try uping your calories. Your body may have increased in metabolism - so now the 1200 is too low and is going into starvation mode. If you haven't been on the 12-1400 for long - then up your exercise. Trick your body to jump start again.

Shop - I'm glad you're feeling better and that you got your walk in today.

Missakay - That's why we're here! :D

Teach - I'm with you TGIF!!!!!

dreamcatchers
03-28-2008, 08:34 PM
HI Everyone!
I ate horrible today! Like I said I need to start taking this seriously! Bowl of macaroni salad for lunch and pizza for dinner. No veggie...no fruit....OK.
Tomorrow morning I am going to hop on the scale and make a plan. I need to plan some meals, get to grocery store and take a walk.
I have 6 months to get to wear the LBD! I really need to pick a short term goal and take baby steps too.
Looking at all your weights...everyone has been doing so well.
Keep up the great work! Have a good night,
Lisa

Missakay
03-28-2008, 10:18 PM
Yeah I made a short term goal....when I loss 10lbs. I can get my hair cut!!!! :D

Shopaholic1204
03-28-2008, 10:34 PM
Short term goals are good. You can even reward yourself :D My current one is to lose 5 pounds by my birthday so I can get my tongue pierced.

Shay
03-29-2008, 09:57 AM
Short term goals are really helpful if you have a lot of weight to lose.

Shopaholic1204
03-29-2008, 10:22 AM
Dh is came home today!! YAY!! I'm debating whether or not to work out right now since he's passed out. One on hand, he came home at 5am and woke me up, so I'm feeling really sleepy right now. And on the other hand, if I get my work out in today, then I can probably skip it tomorrow...I'm conflicted right now. I just know that whatever I decide on, on monday I'm gonna be busting my butt BIG time no matter what!!!

teacher1
03-29-2008, 11:28 AM
Francie- Congrats on your DH coming home!

Not much going on today. It's a nice relaxing Saturday.

Enygirl
03-29-2008, 12:14 PM
I'm having a blah day. I woke up tired - and I'm grumpy... good thing I don't' have to deal with anyone today. It's just one of those days.

I'm waiting for Joe to get up so that Hunter (DD) and I can take a nap... :).

Blah... Ugh.. *sigh*

Missakay
03-29-2008, 02:05 PM
YAY!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
Went shopping yesterday and bought a new sports bra (it is a pretty blue color)!!!
It feels sooo much better then my old bra!! YAY!!!

TO THE GYM I GO!!!! :woops:

LOVE YA ALL :hug:

Melissa

Shopaholic1204
03-29-2008, 07:21 PM
Dh & I tried to do WATP together..but he was making me laugh so much that I just quit. He owes me a 3 mile walk OUTSIDE tonight!!!

Missakay
03-31-2008, 02:49 PM
WOW!! where did everyone go!! :p

Enygirl
03-31-2008, 04:48 PM
I'm here - I'm just in a horrible FUNK! I feel like crawling into bed and not coming out for a week straight! It SUCKS! I need to pep up.. I think part of it is TOM's approach... I generally get really moody and depressed. i hate it though. I want a river of chocolate to wash down 16 bags of combos and potato chips!!!

AAAHHHH!

Shay
03-31-2008, 06:06 PM
I'm here too. Work has been terribly busy so sometimes a dedicated lunch time gets scrapped. I'm one of those that always sets time aside but some days lunch is overrated LOL!

Francie--I see you signed up for TBL Just Beachy Challenge. You will have fun it is such a great support system. I signed up too. I think this will be my third. The problem is I tend to gain weight back between challenges so definitely something I need to work on.

dreamcatchers
03-31-2008, 08:57 PM
Hi!
I am the overweight(I mean OBESE) person that wants(needs)to make a plan to be able to wear that Little Black Dress by September 24th. I am here! With no plan, no short term goals, no motivation, jeans too tight and a headache! There have I whined enough??? Why can't I just be motivated to start something???
The weather here in Upstate NY(between Saratoga and Lake George, 45min. north of Albany) has really taken a toll on me. If we can get some sun and nice weather maybe I can get out of this seasonal depression funk.
I need to go look at some skinny mags(Fitness, Shape etc.). Please send some motivation dust my way.
Lisa

Shopaholic1204
03-31-2008, 09:35 PM
Enygirl~I think TOM is coming up soon for me too (which I hope isnt anytime soon because I have a doc appt on the 7th. And TOM ruined it for me last time, lol). I feel kinda moody and I'm craving nothing but salt!!!!!!! Ughhhhhhhh

Likenoother~I cannot wait to start TBL challange!!! I'm just so excited for it. I told dh about it and everything. He hopes I get on the black team, lol.

Lisa~Just start off slowly. Make a goal to lose just 5 pounds, and reward yourself once you do it. The weather here sucks butt (I'm in WA state). Theres never any sun around and its been so weird lately. But I've been doing WATP, and its been helping me with my weird moods. You could just start off with the warm up and take it from there.

teacher1
03-31-2008, 10:12 PM
Lisa- here comes so willpower dust :)

Work was crazy!!! It was rainy and the kids really needed to go outside and burn off the wildness.

Shopaholic1204
04-01-2008, 05:01 AM
Just stopping by real quick. We just got back from Walmart. I'm so proud of myself. I bought TONS of fruits and veggies (as well as other stuff,lol). I also bought one of Jillian's dvds and a Mini Stepper. I'm soooooooooooo excited to try it out tomorrow!! I can use my mini stepper and watch TV at the same time!! LoL!! OKay well..I'm gonna go to bed now. Its gonna be 2am in a few mins. Nighty nite!! And Happy April Fool's!!! :p

Oh ya!!! When we were in the check out line..I was looking at the gums and telling Fonzo how they should make some chocolate flavored gum..and whatcha know!! I see Chocomint gum!!!!!!!!! I havent tried it yet, but I was happy to find it, lol.

Enygirl
04-01-2008, 09:43 AM
oK GIRLS - I'M OUT OF MY FUNK A LITTLE BIT. sTILL FEELING BLOATY AND STUFF - BUT IT'S GETTING BETTER! Apparently my little finger likes the caps lock button ;)

Lisa - You've come to the right place! You can do this - you want to do this... now JUST DO IT!!! It's not going to happen overnight - and you will have off days.. but remember that ANY step towards a healthier lifestyle is only a good thing! I think of it this way... When I was 15 I was #145 - when i was 25 I was #241... that's about #100 gain in 10 years! I can't expect my body to take it all off in 10 days (although that'd be nice!)

It's a long process - it's a hard process - it's a worthy cause!!!

I don't "binge" like I used to - I get off my butt and exercise. I'd like to do it 6 days a week - but right now I'm averaging about 4. Some days it's for an hour - some days 10 mins is all I can do... BUT i'M DOING IT!!! Yes - I have lost over #50 - and it's been a LONG process - I didn't get serious about it until October of last year... But you have to KEEP IT GOING!!!

Ok - here's some :dust: and :hug: for you... :welcome: to our group!

For all the regulars ;) girls I'm back!! I know that the last week I've been in a funk - but I'm back- I'm working towards the goal - and I WILL SEE SINGLE DIGIT CLOTHING BY CHIRSTMAS!! :santa: (I know - it seems a while off - but it's closer then we'd like to think!)

Missakay
04-01-2008, 05:43 PM
YAY!! enygirl!!!

Lisa- I live in Minnesota I have horrible SADs and I am on Zoloft for depression but I saw a picture of myself that made me see that my weight was getting out of control. I have noticed that since I have been goin to the gym...I have more energy and the days that I am depressed are fewer!! Just take one day at a time. The hardest part is starting!!! My #1 thing I would tell myself is I will start tomorrow but tomorrow never really comes does it!! lol

I cheated today......I eat Chinese food for the 1st time in weeks......I got a new job and wanted to reward myself but now it is more like punishment because I feel really guilty now!! lol :drool: I'm going to go to the gym today.....even though I cheated....before I would have gotten sad and just sat around....but that was the old melissa...I CAN DO IT!!:cheer::cheer:

Thanks ladies for letting me just vent so much on here!! :D

Shopaholic1204
04-01-2008, 05:48 PM
Ughhhhhhhhh I tried out my mini stepper today and it totally kicked my butt. I was tired after 1 min..but I pushed myself to do 5 mins. I'm gonna do more after a little break. I'm doing pretty good on my calories so far too. Fitday is really helping out a lot!!

Enygirl
04-02-2008, 07:29 AM
Missa - it's ok to eat chinese food every once in awhile - just portion it out for yourself. However, using food as a reward isn't such a good idea.

Shop - Good Job on the mini-stepper! It's supposed to kick your butt the first time. If it was easy then it wouldn't be working as well! :)

doing good over here - it's amazing that oncce I "define" why I'm in a funk how much easier it is to get over it! I'm starting to work that theory into food as well. To assess why I'm eating or want to eat - if I determine that I'm hungry, then I eat. if it's something else: stress, bored, sad whatever - then I get on here and complain to all of you about it. :D

Here's to a Happy Hump Day! :dust: for all!

Missakay
04-02-2008, 12:17 PM
LOL yeah I know rewarding myself with food was a really bad idea..... but I wanted chinese food and it was what I had to do to make it ok with myself to eat it!! LOL :lol::lol::lol:

Today is a new day!! :flow1:

Shopaholic1204
04-02-2008, 12:47 PM
Omg..I did this workout dvd today...'Jillian Michaels 30 day shred' and ughhhh my legs are all wobbly right now, lol. If I'm ever on TBL, I wanna be on her team!!! LoL!!

My damn weight keeps bouncing around. I dont get it. I'm never gonna lose the 5 pounds. :mad: I keep working out and I'm eating right and I either go up a pound or go down a pound. I dont get what I'm doing wrong. I'm so frustrated.

Enygirl
04-02-2008, 01:22 PM
Francie - DON'T LET THE DAILY FLEXUATIONS GET TO YOU! Honestly the best thing to do is STAY OFF THE SCALE! Give yourself a week or more in between weigh ins.. you'll get a better idea of how the exercise and eating is effecting you. If you don't see progress after a week of being "good" then up the exercise - change the diest and reassess.

Missa - the best reason you can give yourself that it's "ok" to eat it - is because you'r ehungry and that's what you want. :) You ROCK!!!

Shopaholic1204
04-02-2008, 01:27 PM
I know your right. I keep telling myself to stay off the scale. But I see it whenever I go into the bathroom and I just get the urge to weigh myself. And my offical weigh in day is friday. But I've been weighing myself nonstop since monday. I need dh to hide it from me until friday then hide it again. Or at least take out the batteries when I'm not looking and hide those.

Hi, I'm Francie and I'm addicted to the scale. :(

dreamcatchers
04-02-2008, 07:41 PM
Hi ladies!
Thank you for all the support and encouragement!

Shopaholic-what is WATP?

Teacher-Thank you for the Dust!

Enygirl-You are right! Any exercise is better then none. I used to feel great when excersizing. I really need to get started even a little at a time.

Missakay-Yum! Chinese.

One of my issues is that I don't like to plan meals, shop for dinners, or prepare them. Maybe because my kids and hubby were always picky. We are bid on eating out. I have just recently decided to pick a new recipe 1 x week and prepare it. I have a few 5 ing. or less low fat or Weight Watcher recipes that sound great. I really need to plan for my food intake because when I don't have anything for lunch I drive through Taco bell and have a Cheesy Beefy whatever!

I am looking for some meal ideas including snacks. using already prepared foods or EASY to prepare.

Everybody is doing so well! I wish something would click for me!

Lisa

Shay
04-02-2008, 07:43 PM
Francie--Many of us are scale addicts. I'm currently trying to wean myself from weighing myself several times everyday. Its so concrete. Many of us, me included, need that confirmation that we are doing things right and that is confirmed by a lower number than last time. The problem with that is it is one detail in a bigger picture.

Doing pretty good here just busy!

Shopaholic1204
04-02-2008, 08:38 PM
Lisa~Its Walking Away The Pounds

Shay~I made dh hide the scale from me. I felt a little anxiety when I went into the bathroom and didnt see the scale..but I dont need that distraction right now. I rather being addicted to getting fit than weighing myself.

Well...I did some major shopping today, which totally lifted my spirts. I bought a ton of stuff..but I also bought 2 workout dvds (TBL Power Sculpt & WATP Slim Walk) and I bought some new weights (3lbs. Dh got a workout carrying that bag around the mall, lol). And I also bought TBL Success Secrets. I just started reading it, and its pretty good so far.

After I did Jillian's workout dvd, dh came home and I showed him some of the moves. Which was a bad idea, lol. I was even more wobbly than I was before, lol. We walked all around the mall, and all over Target..and I can totally feel it in my thighs. They are KILLING me!! I'm still gonna workout tomorrow. But I think I'm done for the rest of the day. We're going to the movies in a half an hour anyway.

OH YA..I'm gonna take up roller skating again. I used to do that ALLLLLLLLL the time when I was younger. No wonder my legs back then were so nice & toned. I havent been roller skating since the 8th grade, so I'm gonna start off just skating around my balcony, lol. I'm probably gonna be really rusty at first, but I'll get back into it. I love roller skating more than biking (which I wanna start doing again too)

teacher1
04-02-2008, 08:58 PM
hi all,
wow, such a busy day. everyone have a great night.

Missakay
04-02-2008, 10:21 PM
Well I ended up falling of the wagon!! Eat bad and did not workout.....*sigh*......and tomorrow Im goin to dinner with my sister (goin out to eat is my biggest weakness).....:dust:.......but I will not give up and I will go to the gym tomorrow!!! :sunny:

vixjean
04-02-2008, 10:30 PM
Melissa- congrats on the new bra, I need one too!

Shopaholic1204
04-03-2008, 12:45 AM
My legs are killing me. I'm taking tomorrow off.

Missakay
04-03-2008, 01:22 AM
I just like everyone to know I love this bunny one sooooo much!!!! :bunny2: :bunny2::bunny2: :bunny2: :bunny2: :bunny2: And that is all thank you!! LOL Im getting slap happy ....means Im tired and it is bed time!!

Shopaholic1204
04-03-2008, 02:12 AM
:lol: The Bunny is pretty cute.

Missakay
04-03-2008, 02:39 PM
I love the way the house smells and the way it feels the 1st day you can open up the windows after a really long winter!!! It cheers a person up!! :woohoo:

YAY!! Happy Day!!!

teacher1
04-03-2008, 06:24 PM
it's been raining here the last few days. ah, i'm ready for sunshine :)

Shay
04-04-2008, 11:51 PM
Here too but it is April right? I just really wish it would stay spring like so I can break out the capri pants and flip flops or mules. I love spring and summer weather.

teacher1
04-05-2008, 09:23 AM
I'm with you- love the flip flops :)

Shopaholic1204
04-05-2008, 10:09 AM
I just bought some flip flops the other day!! :)

Enygirl
04-06-2008, 12:50 PM
I LOVE FLIP FLOP SEASON! I've been waiting to get mine. I've also been considering buying a GOOD pair of walking shoes. Does anyone know what brands/styles are really good and supportive? I have very high arches - so I need extra support there. If anyone has ideas let me know.

teacher1
04-07-2008, 07:38 PM
i wear new balance shoes.

nothing exciting happening just a boring old Monday

Enygirl
04-08-2008, 09:18 AM
I'm doing VERY good this week! 3 days On plan so far! :D I have to say I'm happpy with myself. I'm getting the hang of this stuff! ;) I walked to pick up DD yesterday from school - and this morning she asked if we could walk again.. such encouragement :D
I'm not sure if I'll have time to run home and then go and get here - But I'm DEFINATELY going to walk today too. We're supposed to get rain this evening - so I may do my video inside.

I feel a lot better today - i think the most of the Strep is gone. My throat is still a little rough - but I'm not letting it stop me - just slow me down a bit ;)

Ok girls - I have to catch up on work - but here's the motivational quote for today:"The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination" ~Tommy Lasorda

teacher1
04-08-2008, 07:38 PM
Eny- way to go :)

it was rainy and cold today. yuck

Missakay
04-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Teacher I understand...it was snowing here yesterday!! :tantrum: I want sun...and the snow has to go away!!!

So I got a new job and fell way off the wagon! :mcd: I have eaten all kinds of fast food and pizza......I love cheese!! And Chocolate!! I also have only worked out once last week!! However good news I went to the gym today and only gained a pound!! Climbing back on the wagon!!:woops:
:dust:

Enygirl
04-09-2008, 09:23 AM
I didn't get to walk to pick up DD yesterday - too much of a time crunch. But after her dance lesson I walked (she rides her bike) for .66 miles - then I did a mile of my video while she was getting ready for bed. :yay:

I'm loving the warmer weather - although i know that it could start snowing at any moment - it is Michigan!

Melissa - don't worry about falling off the wagon - just get back on.. We're here to pull you up! :)

Time to get to work - just a quick check in - and here's the motivational quote for today:

"As soon as you learn to trust yourself you will know how to live." ~ Johann Wolfgang von Gothe

teacher1
04-09-2008, 07:52 PM
Hi ladies- the kids were wild today. ahhh, I have such a headache.

Shay
04-09-2008, 10:12 PM
teacher--They're tired of the weather too. This April showers brings May flowers thing is getting a bit out of hand.

I had been watching TBL Australia on youtube and was very inspired to exercise but didn't because I have been so tired lately. Inspiration to exercise is good because I had totally fallen off the wagon and was being run over but I think I will get back there soon.

Melissa--Peaks and valleys...peaks and valleys...

Enygirl
04-10-2008, 08:40 AM
As long as the snow stays away I'll keep the Rain!
I binged yesterday... first time this week - I'm not beating myself up over it - but I know I need to kick up the water today.. WAY TOO MUCH SALT! I did my video last night - 2 miles... I'm really enjoying walking. I joind the 3FC virtual 5K for this weekend. I think it's be fun ;) I'm walking (of course) and DD will ride her bike next to me. 3.1 miles. I KNOW it'll be warmer then it was in Jan when I did the Frozen Blueberry Race so that's good. The bad thing - is that I promised my DD and my Niece that I'd take them roller skating on Friday - so Saturday I'm going to be SORE!!! I have yet to map out my course - but I'll do that tonight.

Everything else is going good... I'm just tired today though. I'm attempting to come up with reasons on why I shouldn't leave work early... but it's not working! All i keep thinking about is how badly I need t clean my house! AHH!
Ok girls - here's the quote for today: "This one step - choosing a goal and
staying to it - changes everything."
- Scott Reed

teacher1
04-10-2008, 07:42 PM
day 2 of getting on the elliptical in the morning. however, my eating habits are out of control.

Missakay
04-10-2008, 10:57 PM
teacher I love food!! It is by far the hardest thing to do....I workout everyday and then I go home and eat and eat! Im thinking that I may buy a book Midless Eating!!

Well on another note it is snowing here today!! WHERE IS SPRING!!!

Enygirl
04-11-2008, 08:18 AM
Good Morning girls - The last 2 days have been totally off eating wise. I'm BLOATED - So I know that I've had WAY too much salt.. also TOM was due to arrive on the 7th - and still hasn't reared his ugly head... not helping the emotional side of things AT ALL!

Another bad thing - I didn't walk yesterday.. didn't even think about it really... so now the guilt is setting in. I'm going to do at least 1 mile of my video today - and then I'm taking DD & my niece roller skating tonight. Tomorrow I'm doing a Virtual 5K walk.. :) I still have to plan out my route though.

Alright - working from home today - means I have to actually WORK! ;) So, here's a :grouphug: some :dust: and today's Quote - "You've got to say, I think that if I keep working at this and want it badly enough I can have it." ~ Lee Iacocca

Shay
04-11-2008, 06:52 PM
Melissa--Another book you might find helpful that Enygirl and I are reading is : I"ntuitive Eating--A Revolutionalry Program that Works" by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch. I've been a binge eater my entire life and just admitted it to myself recently. Not saying you are a binger. This book has helped me tremendously. As I said to you..peaks and valleys but I first had 6 days binge free then messed up, then I had 24 days beinge free then messed up and now on my third go around I am on Day 18. Regardless never in my life had I ever been able to be binge free for 6 days let alone 24 or 18. My relationship with food is so much more healthy too.

I'm thinking of possibly adding a exercise ticker to my signature since I don't want to focus on weight goals right now.

Enygirl
04-11-2008, 08:04 PM
OK girls - I lied.. I walked 1.8 miles to and from DD's school today. also we're not going skating tonight.. DD and I are going in the morning... better time - less "big kids" and 1/2 the $$$!!! Afterwards DD and I are walking/riding her bike the 3FC 5K. It's going to be a jammed packed exercise day! :yay:

Ok - I have to go play Polly Pockets and put someone into bed in a bit. :) Here's to TOMORROW! (although you know i'll be on later;))

teacher1
04-11-2008, 08:08 PM
I have read the Mindless Reading book and found it really interesting.

Missakay
04-12-2008, 12:27 AM
Thanks everyone!! :hug: I am really trying my hardest to not do the crash dieting....which I have always done before! High school I ended up eating one small meal and ended up being 100lbs (I know now is horrible) but as soon as I started eating again I shot way past my starting weight!! I am goin to do this the right way this time!!
Eat every 4 hours, exercise, eat healthy foods, and take it slow....I like instant results.....which I know won't work....took me 10 years to put it on!!

LOL YAY, for my tired rambling!!! Nighty night shorties!!:hug:

teacher1
04-13-2008, 09:37 AM
hi all- it's a beautiful day. I'm going to take my sister's doggie for a nice long walk :)

Enygirl
04-13-2008, 08:09 PM
Teach - how was the walk?

Mel - how's the motivation and determination going? I know that I only look at crash diets (almost bought some *miracle tea* last week) when I'm feeling down and looking for a quick fix. We both know there isn't one! My friend Shari havs this quote on her signature.. it's SO true!!

Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

This isn't an over night thing - it takes time and planning and change and strength and a LOT of courage! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Missakay
04-13-2008, 08:30 PM
ENY- things are goin a lot better!! I even went on Thursday when it was snowing really hard....to me 45 min to get home from the gym (good days it takes me 10mins)!! LOL I think I need to move out of this state!! lol Today it was wonderful outside, I decided to go for a walk instead of goin to the gym!!
Hmmmmm wonder if I can teach my cat to walk on a leash!! Wow I becoming the crazy cat lady!! LOL

Thank you ladies for you help and support!! :hug:

teacher1
04-13-2008, 09:10 PM
eny- the walk was windy. By the way- love the quote!!!

Enygirl
04-14-2008, 12:49 PM
Mel - it's funny you say that - i actually had a cat that thought she was a dog - and would walk on a leash regularly. :) Her Meow even sounded a lot like a bark :D

teach - I understand completely - Friday it was warm and 60's, saturday 50's and rain... Sunday SNOW!!! I love Michigna.. I love the seasons... just not generally in the same weekend!

rakuette
04-14-2008, 01:21 PM
hi there short ladies.
i have been doing some calorie counting and now i have plateaued.
what do i do now? how can i jump start my weight loss again? :?:

:shrug:

little help please....

teacher1
04-14-2008, 09:31 PM
rakuette- not much of ideas but what kind of exercises do you do?

A good Monday. Have a great week everyone.

Missakay
04-15-2008, 06:23 PM
I have decided to leave my gym (lifetime fitness)...because of my new job and the time I go.....traffic getting to and from the gym is horrible!! I am goin to sign up a anytime fitness...it is not as big but it is only 2 minutes away from my home! What do you ladies think?

teacher1
04-15-2008, 07:28 PM
I think whatever exercise you do will help. It doesn't matter the size of the gym as long as you go. I have a y membership but I'm bad at going regularly.

Dina1979
04-16-2008, 10:47 AM
Hooray! A thread for shorties! :grouphug:

teacher1
04-16-2008, 05:52 PM
Welcome Dina!
So you're getting married on June 13? How exciting :)

Everyone have a great night :)

Shay
04-16-2008, 06:59 PM
Welcome Dina!
Melissa--I think you made a good choice. If it is a hassle getting to the gym that's another excuse not to go.

Missakay
04-16-2008, 07:40 PM
:welcome: DINA!!! :hug:

I am also goin to be signing up for the other gym (Anytime Fitness)!!

Shay
04-17-2008, 05:51 PM
Happy to report I was able to wear capris today. No flip flops yet. My feet are due for a pedicure this weekend so I will wait on the flip flops. I should be able to wear capris tomorrow too. Yeah!

teacher1
04-17-2008, 08:38 PM
I busted out the flip flops but no capris yet.

Enygirl
04-18-2008, 07:45 AM
I'm LOVING this weather! I busted out the capri's today.. but I like Shay - am in need of a pedicure before the flip flops can make their seasonal arrival!

I finished Chapter 1 of the IE book. I'm anxious to read chapter 2 and find out what kind of eater I am... but yesterday playing on the playground at Hunter's school was WAY too important and fun to miss! Hopefully I'll get a chance this weekend to read some more - but I'm planning on catching up on a TON of work! I'm hoping that extra effort this weekend will alliveate some of the long hours next week... we'll see.

I still haven't weighed in - I'm doing good on that front - I'm getting in my miles, although i'm still behind where I should be a little bit. I'm hoping to take a nice long walk w/ Hunter tonight and that should make up for some of it.

Has anyone read the book Skinny *****? I read the first page at the bookstore the other day - and it was intriguing. It was point blank - in your face- type writing - but I think I may read it next.. if I can ever get through the 3 books I'm reading now! Ah to have an hour a day to read... *sigh*

Hope all is well with everyone else. I'm hoping work will calm down so that I can start posting more again! Stick with me girls - I'm still here! :D

Shay
04-18-2008, 12:13 PM
It is 80 degrees here today. Its fantastic.

Enygirl--I'm as bad as you. I am still trying to finish my IE book and was planning to moving onto my first Geneen Roth book but have agreed to work through Bob's new book with the TBL group oh well. All of it will be extremely helpful.

teacher1
04-19-2008, 10:19 AM
I checked out the IE book from the library. Hopefully, I'll get some reading time in this weekend.

Shay
04-20-2008, 08:04 AM
teacher1--It has helped me so much. Hopefully it will do the same for you. On my blog I have posted my responses and thoughts to every chapter I've read so far.

Had the flip flops on yesterday. Maybe not today because its wet out.

grapecoffee
04-21-2008, 02:44 PM
Greetings! I am starting up my weight loss again after a year of just letting it all go. LOLz I worked overnight and I just wasn't motivated to do much else. When I saw the group for short chicks I knew I had to post! I've never really connected with anyone on these boards, so , I am hoping that will change this time around. This morning I started a PUSH.tv program, here's hoping it's actually good. ;) I find if I am paying for it monthly I am more motivated.

Enygirl
04-21-2008, 05:24 PM
Welcome veronica! I've done the lose weight - let go process time and time again.. and apparently the key is to establish GOOD habits.. who knew that millions of people have the right idea! ;)

Things on this end are ok - I'm having to revamp again after this weekend. I have a size challenge for Summer! I CAN DO THIS!

teacher1
04-21-2008, 06:20 PM
welcome veronica!

I've been reading the IE book and likenoother's blog- very interesting. It will be hard to switch the mindset from dieting.

Shay
04-21-2008, 07:40 PM
teacher1--Definitely something to get used to after dieting over 20 years. I am still having some hits and misses and can't seem to let go of the scale. It has helped the most with my binge eating and developing a healthier relationship with food.

rakuette
04-22-2008, 11:34 AM
sorry it has taken so long to get back to you ladies.
i had my weekly weigh in and have lost 2 lbs! :D
my problem is i don't exercise. i do a lot of lifting and moving stuff though and i go out and dance too sometimes ;)

i'm just so excited, i haven't weighed this since i was 18, i'm 24 now. i would really like to be at my goal by my birthday (oct 13)

oh happy earth day!

i'm going to clean house today. :p count that as a little exercise...

teacher1
04-22-2008, 08:32 PM
likenoother- I agree with you, I just can't break away from the scale.

rakuette- I did some house cleaning tonight and I'm counting that as my exercise too.

teacher1
04-25-2008, 10:32 AM
hi all- I have the day off :) I going on a walk and i hope not to blow away. It's so windy out.

Everyone have a great weekend. Any fun plans?

Shay
04-25-2008, 05:08 PM
I have today off too. I ran a bunch errands until noon. Finished my final exam for school and e-mailed it and basically been on the net since then. Nothing spectacular planned this weekend.

Missakay
04-26-2008, 12:32 PM
HI LADIES!!:crazy:
I have been reading the IE book!! Love it!!:bunny2: I always made food enemy #1:club:.....but with this book we signed a peace treaty! :write:

teacher1
04-26-2008, 01:19 PM
hi all- a wonderful Sat planned. I went to my brother's soccer game and head out with some friends this afternoon.

Shay
04-28-2008, 01:10 PM
So how was your Saturday teacher1? Hope you had a good time.

Well the weather is a mess again. Dark and drizzling rain. Makes you want to go home and go to sleep.

teacher1
04-28-2008, 08:49 PM
Saturday was great. Today was fine too. I'm in count down mode for school. Only 4 more weeks until summer. Yeah!!!!

Shay
04-30-2008, 06:33 PM
teacher1--4 weeks really? School doesn't end here until June 20th. Just when you gain more free time--because you don't do summer school right?--it gets busy for me. I thought maybe you said you were planning to take a class?

Shay
04-30-2008, 06:34 PM
Oh yeah, I will be starting a May/June thread tomorrow. This thread waxes and wanes but definitely still worth it.

teacher1
04-30-2008, 07:18 PM
Yikes, June 20th. The kids last day is May 22 and then we have one more day of work. No summer school or any classes. I need a break!!!!

Shay
05-01-2008, 05:17 AM
Sounds like a plan, teacher1! Here is the link to the new thread:
www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141256