Fitness Videos - suggestions for music to workout too??

neurotictigg
03-01-2008, 12:11 AM
Has anyone got suggestions for up beat music like you hear in fitness classes?? At this point Ill take anything

SkinnyDogMom
03-01-2008, 12:21 AM
I have been listening to the soundtrack from "The Full Monty". It is about 45 minutes long. I listen to it while walking on the treadmill. I also enjoy Brian Setzer.

luckyducky
03-02-2008, 09:20 AM
I really like Queen to move to, I have the greatest hits cd, and I know when I walk outside where I should be according to the song being played as far as distance/time ratio is concerned, plus some of their songs are very motivating for me ( "Don't Stop Me Now" is one of the great motivational songs for me...)

GymRatandStillFat
03-02-2008, 11:32 AM
Lately I have just attempted running on the treadmil. I use a few songs back to back that really get me through the tough parts. It's hip hop though. They are:

Pit Bull-The anthem
Rock this party-Bob Sinclar
Da Dip- Freak nasty
Come baby come-K7

I tend to like fast songs to just keep going. What i find also works is to use songs that remind you of positive things or experience. I like the beach boys because they remind me of the beach-Bathing suits and make me want to work harder.

sapphireheather
03-02-2008, 12:00 PM
Fitness Magazine listed the top 100 workout songs. Here's the link.

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/fitness/story.jhtml?catref=cat5490002&storyid=/templatedata/fitness/story/data/1157389553243.xml&ordersrc=rafstory

Also, you can see what celebraties are working out too also. I have incorporated a lot the songs on the list into my own personal playlist.

CrazedLedZepFan
03-03-2008, 02:12 PM
Anything fast paced by artists you already like would be my suggestion.

FitMomEB
04-07-2008, 11:40 AM
SELF magazine has a section on their website that is dedicated to recommended "playlists" for different activities like running, walking, yoga, etc.

I looked it up for you so I could give you the link, here it is: http://www.self.com/fitness/articles/2007/05/0522playlists

I hope this helps :)

loserjulie
04-11-2008, 08:20 PM
I usually download music off my computer onto my MP3, I just search for cardio or aerobic. I've found some great 80s music remixes with a techno beat. I even put them on a cd now so I can listen in the car, too!

Alexistrophic
04-29-2008, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the Self link, fitmomEB!

Spoz
04-30-2008, 06:18 AM
I listen to alot of the old stuff, like canned heat. It is rather hippified but is very upbeat and posative! The song that always gaurantees me to get moving is also 'lets work togethe'r by roxy music. Also:-

Ministry of sound anthems,
Beyonce - work it out,
Madonna - Hung up,
September - cry for you,
Dee lite - Groove is in the heart

whoopseedaisee
05-21-2008, 05:47 AM
The best site I've found for workout music ideas is inthegym.net ... but I do have quite a few of my own personal playlists on my blog if you're interested. I listen to a little bit of everything! (I can't post links yet, apparently, but the site is listed in my profile. It's the babyfat one!)

whoopseedaisee
05-21-2008, 05:54 AM
Oh, and if you do decide to head over to my blog the playlists were all posted in April so you'll have to go the right side archive thingie to find them (or click on "older posts" at the bottom of the screen"!

candee82
05-21-2008, 11:35 AM
:carrot:These days I'm really into techno and techno/rock and stuff like that -- try searching for these songs:

Thomas Falke "Revolution On The Dance Floor"
Groove Cutter "My Shooter"
Control One "Just A Little Bit"
Ian Carey "Redlight"
Kevin Weg "Dead Radio"

I don't usually go for techno but these are sort of like a wierd crossover between rock and techno/trance. :D