Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 02-29-2008, 08:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Default Happy 38th Anniversary to me!

I celebrated my 38th wedding anniversary yesterday, and we went to a place called the Cheesecake Factory. It was delic! I got steamed herbed green beans with a chicken breast with chipotle mayo on the side. After that everyone had cheesecake. My DH ordered me a 6 carb, splenda cheesecake with fresh strawberries. My little granddaughter and I thought we were in heaven. I ate about 1/3 of it. I couldn't for the life of me taste the splenda and with the fresh strawberries it was heaven. Don't think I'd eat it every week, but it was a nice change for someone who doesn't do sugar. I didn't even want to think about the calories!!!!!

Today for lunch I will be having the same except the cheesecake. I went to 1/2 Price books yesterday and picked up the Splenda cookbook and will be making the chocolate chip recipe for my DH. The oatmeal butterscotch splenda cookies were good, he said, and have stayed over a couple of days without getting hard. Went to the store yesterday for eggs and they are up to $2.00 a dozen. So back to the Amish. Even they have raised theirs to $1.25 a dozen. I'm glad I'm cooking for a whole family anymore. My DDs are now doing the "Aldis Queen" thing.

You all have a good day
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:30 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Happy Anniversary Nancy & DH

The Cheese Cake Factory is my favorite place to go... I've never had a bad meal there and there is ALWAYS enuf to take home for the next day. Some times there's enuf for two people left over LOL. My favorite cheese cake there is the Apple Strudel cheese cake OMG

Glad you had a good time

Last edited by Leenie; 02-29-2008 at 09:30 AM.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:10 AM   #3  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Happy Anniversary...Happy Anniversary....Happy Anniversary....Haaaaaappy Anniversary. Happy, Happy, Happy, Happy, Happy Anniversary.... Happy, Happy, Happy, Happy, Happy Anniversaryyyyyyyy....

Flintstones? Anyone?

I know, I'm weird.

Angela
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:58 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Angela your not weird at all LOLOL, we sing cartoon jingles here all the time, me and my goofy friend LOL (did I just call you goofy? haaaaaaa). You must be my age

How about this Flintstone jingle... Here he comes on the run with a burger on a bun and dab of coleslaw on the side!!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:31 AM   #5  

"Flintstones...Meet the Flintstones...they're a modern stone age familyyyyyy....

When I was a kid sounded like...

"Flintstones...Meet the Flintstones...They're a monnard sew ate familyyyyy."

didn't figure it out until I was older
Old 02-29-2008, 01:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 316/SD300/254/180 RNY 3-4-08

Height: 5'8

Default Way to go!

Congrats Nancy! Isn't the Cheesecake Factory the boom! Wow splenda cook book. I just bought some splenda, you will have to let me know how it works out.
whitelion30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:12 PM   #7  

Hoppy Anniversary oops.. I guess that's more bouncy than hoppy. Oh well
Bizzy Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:57 PM   #8  
my girls

S/C/G: 379/341/180

Height: 5'7

sorry im late, i missed this one. happy anniversary!!!
mistymed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 12:13 AM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Happy Anniversary Nan!!!!!!!!!
I have a splenda Cheesecake recipe from the South Beach forum it makes a great cupcake and Try PB cookies with it all it is is Natural PB splenda and an Egg but I'll double check
ANGELA I always sing that song on my anniversary!!! All The Firemen (I think it was when Fred was a Volunteer) were Gathered around a piano outside the flintstones house.
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 01:10 AM   #10  

Yep! and they kept rolling in the piano and singing over and over...How could we not know that song!

Angela
Old 03-05-2008, 01:46 PM   #11  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Default Thanks one and all and the Flintstones too!

We are in the midst of cleaning up from an ice storm, power outage and been up since 3:30 a.m. bailing out the basement. My precious washer and dryer is down there!!! Anyway, I decided that since DH is home and grandchildren the NA Blue Bunny Choc. Raspberry ice cream bars were melting and melting fast, that we would all have two for lunch!!! I"M FREAKING CRAZY!! There is sugar alcohol in them and OMG! I'm the new Sonic character for my DS video game! My DH has asked me three times what I said and it is my never, neverland region talking. I swear "As God is my witness I will never eat sugar alcohol again" My impression of Scarlett O'Hara. One hasn't bothered me too much, but two......this is not the time for two when you have a water shortage and 12 people have to use the pot before you can flush!!!! LOL!!! My GS and I are fighting over the DS this morning and he asked me for the third time not to take it in the bathroom when I go!!!! I'll probably soon be dead and I think I'll just leave it to him in my will!!! lol!!!

KO: I'm on the trail of that darn South Beach cheese cake. Thanks for the hint.
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote