SBD Frequently Asked Questions - Phase 1 grocery list

View Full Version : Phase 1 grocery list

cygnetta10
02-27-2008, 01:57 PM
Ok, I'm going to the store to stock up on phase 1 goodies ... I really don't have much time to cook, so I need to find things I can cook FAST and easily or can microwave. Also, I need a snack that isn't peanut butter or string cheese. Here's my list so far:

- FF milk
- celery
- frozen veggies
- plain yogurt
- ff ricotta
- eggs
- peanut butter
- string cheese
- splenda
- rotiserrie chicken (I figure I can munch on this for a couple of days)

Obviously, this alone won't get me through the week. Suggestions?

xGurlyGrlx
02-27-2008, 02:53 PM
I am out of phase 1 now...but here are the items I wouldnt have made it without.

Cottage Cheese
Laughing Cow light swiss cheese
Tomatoes
Lettuce - salad mix
Black beans
FF refried beans
lean lunch meats
lf sour cream

Hope that helps. :D

Npmg
02-27-2008, 04:16 PM
I don't know about Rotisserie chicken, Im fairly new to this but I think you're supposed to have chicken breast,.

Yesterday I bought:

Edaname(soy beans) (Like the one yoou get at a japanese restaurant)
Turkey sausage
HOt dogs (soybean)
Lunch meat
Spagetthi squash
V8 juice

I suggest you look through the recipes at the top of the forum, it was useful to me.

Im going to try the sausage and egg recipe in the sticky (breakfast phase 1) that could be something you could prepare ahead

amasam
02-27-2008, 09:33 PM
For sweet treats I would suggest:
sugar free jello
sugar free hard candy
no sugar added fudgesicles

I also add 1/2 teaspoon of plain fat free yogurt for breakfast (I can not eat it plain) - my favorite is to mix one lemon and one orange in a container and use it.

Frozen veggies are great for a meal - but I rely on fresh cut veggies for snacks - peppers, cauliflower, cucumber, broccoli, celerey. Dipped in some hummus it is filling and tasty.

Also if you can resist the lure of eating the whole can - nuts are a great snack.

Sliced cheese & lunch meat also make for a great lunch/snack wrapped with lettuce and a sliced veg.

cottagebythesea
02-28-2008, 07:16 AM
I don't know about Rotisserie chicken, Im fairly new to this but I think you're supposed to have chicken breast,.

Rotisserie chicken is fine, as long as you only eat the breast, and take off the skin first. :)