Weight Loss Support - Let's Get Crackin'

View Full Version : Let's Get Crackin'

srmb60
02-26-2008, 08:08 PM
I feel like my good intentions ... progress ... habits ... have deserted me. Probably the winter blah's. I need to buck up and crack down. I think Ilene calls it "to get cracka lackin'".

One day at a time (sometimes one hour at a time) for a week -to start- and then another. I already have a date for six weeks hence when I will assess my progress.

Join me?

Please set your own parameters. Just set out those things that you need to improve ... work into regular habits ... you know. The plan a la you!

Even if we don't stick for the entire six weeks, we will have put in some time doin' good.

Plan a la Susan?

Averaging under 1500 cals per day including lots of superfoods.
Cardio that actually gets my heart rate up ;) six days per week, no less than 20 minutes.
Weights/resistance five days per week, no less than 20 minutes.
Take my vitamins!

walking2lose
02-26-2008, 08:58 PM
6 weeks ends April 8th... just in time for spring clothes. I'm in... I have to think about my goals, so I'll be back to post later.

Susan, I love when you get creative and chatty :-) Thanks!

StellaBella
02-26-2008, 09:17 PM
I definitely need to get crackin'!

My Goals:

-Keep within 1400-1500 calories
-Kick the evening glass of wine habit
-Run 4x/week
-Yoga- everyday
-Post here more often
-Be more active in my daily habits (ie: get off the computer and take my dog for more walks!)
-eat more nutrient dense foods

Keeping my calories below 1500 is so, so hard for me. I am a runner and I use that as an excuse to have a second glass of wine or chocolate.

Let's inspire each other!

seranab
02-26-2008, 09:35 PM
Hmmm - I'm becoming very lazy!
And so miss SusanB and all the rest of you guys I'll be jumping onto the wagon...

OK here are my goals:-

1. 15 minutes a day cardio MINIMUM!
2. Eating balanced meals... and that means VEGETABLES BABY!
3. Running up stairs instead of walking slowly
4. Walking everywhere.... even when its raining

I think that should do me for now; but I'm sure I'll be back with more!

Ilene
02-26-2008, 11:47 PM
:lol: @ SusanB ..... Well, Ilene is in da house and on board "to get cracka lackin" I need to be accountable too...

Here's the plan la Ilene:

- exercise at least an hour/day or more, but an hour at least
- no BLT's (bites, licks, tastes) a habit I had given up and which has now resurfaced :shrug:
- STAY on PLAN on the WEEKEND!!! I hate weekends!

shelby897
02-27-2008, 12:25 AM
Me too!!

I have not been doing very well -- can't seem to get going.

So -- six weeks:
Get in my 10,000 steps a day
Get back on track food wise, I haven't eaten anything in the last week that was worth the calories!!!
No soda and lots of water.
Relax, get my organization back on track in everything I do -- it helps so much to calm my eating demons :dizzy:

srmb60
02-27-2008, 06:19 AM
Hi everyone! Oooo it's so fun and exciting to have you all with me!

I did good Tuesday. Just over 1500 cals, 11 superfoods, I walked and did some dance type cardio and did some arms with a focus on shoulders. And yes, I took my vitamins.

That of course encouraged me to plan better for today. I have my lunch bag packed and even have breakfast ready.

Mudpie
02-27-2008, 08:47 AM
I want to lose that last 8 lbs.! I started this past Monday and have stuck to this list Mon and Tues.

eat between 1300-1400 cals per day
substitute one glass of water for one diet pepsi every day
eat more protein/less carb snacks
stay OP on weekend
dance wildly once a week

Dagmar :p

3Beans
02-27-2008, 10:09 AM
Thanks, Susan! I've been struggling lately too. Not with exercise - proud to say that's been going great. But the food, oy, I need to get cracka-lackin' on my food plan. Having to cut down calories as my weight gets lower is making me rebellious! :devil:But here we go:

Stick between 1350-1550 six days a week
No higher than 2100 on higher cal day
Avoid trigger foods COMPLETELY
Make better choices when eating out

stacyiris
02-27-2008, 10:21 AM
I would like to join as well. My goals are as follows:

No more than 1400 calories per day, on average
Work out for at least 1 hour per day, 5 days a week
Only one candy bar per week

Fat Pants
02-27-2008, 10:22 AM
Just what I need... a swift kick in the butt to get me started. I'm also doing the SELF challenge with a friend, so this works really well along with that...

1. Exercise 4x a week - minimum 30 minutes cardio, 20 minutes weights. Getting our new elliptical tonight AND a new weight machine for hubby, so I'll have no excuses!

2. Stick to my calorie goals (between 1300 and 1500)

3. Continue to stick with my rule of "no candy" that I made for Lent..so far so good....

4. Stop going hog wild on the weekends!

dangerouscurves76
02-27-2008, 12:19 PM
I'm ready to get crackin'! :carrot:

My Goals:

* Wrestle my sweet tooth down to the ground! :sumo:
* Eat Clean!
* Increase water intake and decrease red wine intake
* Increase physical activity (At least 30 mins of cardio a day)
* Daily meditation (To stay focused and motivated)
* Lose 6lbs and finally get out of the 140's

lumifan4ever
02-27-2008, 03:35 PM
I love it!!! I soooo need to get a crackn lackin!!!! I need to lose 8 pounds to be safely and firmly in the 120's.

Okay....my six week goals are:

Eat around 1300 calories
Exercise 5 days a week (3 classes and 2 personal training sessions)
Drink my water every day!!
Go back to eating my healthy foods again all day long.

(That's all I got at the moment)

shelby897
02-27-2008, 06:20 PM
No soda today (from my 2 liter a day habit).
Forgot my pedometer today but shoveled snow for two hours (the heavy, snowman kind) so that counts!
Have eaten completely mindfully today, no binges so far.

Thanks SusanB for getting me back on track :hug:

chocolatebutterbean
02-27-2008, 06:28 PM
Hi all

Yes six weeks sounds good to me - I will be flying off to spain for a weeks well deserved rest 6 weeks today. I am only just starting my weight loss plan so I'm hoping to have lost a stone by then:)
I stopped smoking in November to get healthier but have put so much weight on that I would probably have been better off carrying on:dizzy:
I just have to take one day at a time and keep smiling and not beat myself up too much if i do have a slip up.

Keep going and we'll all get there :hug:

Sharon

Altari
02-27-2008, 06:37 PM
Sounds fun!

6 Week Goals (April 9th)
* Avoid non-Atkins foods for all meals except my meal out with hubby (I need a little bit of respite!).
* Hit the gym at least 3 times per week.
* Stop "thinking" about food.

coldbrightday
02-27-2008, 08:14 PM
I'm so in!!

6 WEEK GOALS (4/9)

1. Bring lunch to work. Only things I can buy at work are veggies from the salad bar.
2. No pop! I don't know how or why I started drinking diet coke in the last few months, but I'm stopping, as of now.
3. Gym 4-5 times a week. (25-30 min of treadmill 3 of those days.)
4. Start running outdoors when it's nice out.
5. Walk partway home from work whenever possible.
6. Allow more calories on the weekends, but STICK TO IT. None of this crazy weekend splurging.

srmb60
02-28-2008, 06:33 AM
Reporting for Wednesday.

I ate a little too much, but for the first time in my challenge, I worked and worked out. So that might be OK.

Over 1600 cals, 11 superfoods, my vitamins.
25 minutes of dance type cardio and 20 minutes of abs.

Mudpie
02-28-2008, 06:47 AM
It seems that whenever I sign up for one of these things I blow it :mad:. Getting back on the horse today :).

Ate way too much yesterday due to expensive phone call from my father. I now have to pay all of the property tax on his house. Too long a story for here. Blog it instead.

Will cut back 100 cals for 3 days (300 total) to make up for yesterday (see I have learned something!).

Dagmar :tired:

srmb60
02-28-2008, 07:09 AM
You'll just have to imagine the bunch of us watching you when you chose something to eat :mag:

Fat Pants
02-28-2008, 09:05 AM
Wednesday was Ok. We ended up going out to eat on our way to get our elliptical! I got a grilled chicken sandwich and iced tea, but also had tater tots. Oh well. I'd been good the rest of the day.

Didn't get my workout in because we spent 2 hours trying to put together the elliptical, but it's finally done! DH also got a weight bench for him, but I can do lats, leg curls/extensions, arm curls and bench press now, too! :lifter:

Planning on working out today after work since we have a "treadmill putting togethe party" at a friend's house tonight, so who knows if it'll be a healthy meal.. I sure hope so!

StellaBella
02-28-2008, 11:44 AM
OK- Tuesday was great. No exercise, but I tracked my calories at 1350. Man was I hungry! Yesterday morning the scale *finally* moved- 135.6!

I ran for about 1.5 hours yesterday. However, it was so icy that I did walk for a part of that time. I went out to dinner last night and that kind-of blew my calories for the day . Scale was back up to 137 this morning. :(

It seems that cutting calories has more of an effect on my weight loss than exercise, which is a bummer because I am very active yet very hungry!

Hopefully I will do better today. Does anyone have any filling, low calorie food suggestions?

lumifan4ever
02-28-2008, 12:35 PM
Looks like i went alittle over my calories for yesterday. I ate over 1400. Today, i am tracking my calories at about 1250, which will be 50 calories under my goal. But I did work out hard yesterday in gym class. Got that heartrate up there and got them legs good and sore today. lOl!!

Today, my goal will be to eat under 1300 calories, make a broccoli cheese bake for tomorrow, and hopefully meet with a trainer to discuss starting a program. Maybe i'll jog outside after work while waiting on my boyfriend to come pick me up. He's suppose to borrow my car at lunch today to run some errands. Definately working on the 64 ounces of water. Almost got half of it in and it's not even lunch time yet, so that is good.

mommyagain3
02-28-2008, 01:10 PM
I am so happy you started this. I guess i need a kick in the butt also. I thought that i was ready to start being healthy but apparently not. I have not been losing at all. Its kinda like people that are in recovery, they think they are but they are not ready. I want to be ready so I am hoping that this challenge works.
my goals.

Eating good on the weekend!
Making better choices when I go out!
Cutting out the unhealthy snacks.
Limiting my soda to one or two a week.

I am sure I will come up with some other goals but here is where i am starting!!! Thanks for getting us started!!!

MrsEnigma
02-28-2008, 02:42 PM
Oh Susan, thanks for starting this. I'm doing the Easter goal too, but I need this also. The last couple of days have been bad. I've gotten off track with eating whatever is around. Bad. Bad.

My plan:

*STOP buying junk food. Even when I say it's for somebody else, it ends up in my mouth. So I'm not buying it anymore.
*Find a workout DVD that will get me moving. I'm at the beginning of my weight loss and haven't incorporated any exercise yet. That's going to change.
*Take my calories down from 1800 to 1500/day. I was advised to start out a little high and go down as I lose. It's time to cut some calories out.
*I'm ditching the 1 a day Coke or Dr. Pepper I allowed at the outset. This one will be super hard.
*Don't treat the weekends like a free for all. Keep up the calorie counting even on Saturday and Sunday!

Okay. I think those will keep me motivated and busy.

lumifan4ever
02-28-2008, 03:36 PM
Well....i have blown my day calorie wise. I thought i would get a salad for lunch today. I got a grilled chicken salad but i got honey mustard dressing. Usually not a problem except somehow i ended up eating the whole side of dressing. The dressing alone was 500 calories. So, if the only other thing i eat tonight is one small chicken breast, my calories will be above 1500. And the fat content is like 50 percent. YIKES! So, yeah, I blew today out of the water!!!! Guess i'll just try to salvage as much of today as i can and start over tomorrow. bummer!!

JayEll
02-28-2008, 04:09 PM
Lumifan, gosh! :yikes: Don't you hate those little surprises? Like, it's the DRESSING that kills you... Grrrrr...

Jay

Ilene
02-28-2008, 05:21 PM
Yesterday I had 1354 calories and that included wine and walnuts as a treat in the evening... Plus I was down 2 lbs this morning... When I plan really really hard I CAN do it :D .... I also weight trained for an hour...

Tonight I will do my bike and yoga, I think... 30 minutes of each... I also walked to and from school, it takes about 5 minutes to get there', so 5x4=20 minutes, so that's a little bonus workout, I walked very fast because I had very little time for lunch...

Fat Pants
02-28-2008, 08:05 PM
I just got done with my new elliptical! It's lowest resistance setting is a bit harder than what I'm used to, plus a combination of not working since, oh, November (:fr: !!!!), well, it really kicked my butt today. I also got in 20 minutes of weight lifting...that's going to hurt tomorrow!

But I feel sooooo good! Next challenge: dinner at my friend's house tonight. Good time to practice control!

shelby897
02-28-2008, 11:31 PM
You guys are very busy posters!!

I did very well today -- even made my 10,000 steps without having to do 30 minutes on the treadmill. I supose, it wouldn't have hurt me to exercise anyway, but it was just too busy today. Stuck with my relaxed eating and did very well -- I have decided soda is bad! I was drinking 2 liters of caff-free diet almost every day but haven't the last two days and I swear I'm not hungry like I had been -- odd :dizzy: -- but lots and lots of water.

Hope everyone has a great Friday and carries that into the weekend.

srmb60
02-29-2008, 08:48 AM
I'm going to have to call yesterday a wash. Too many things to do ... left supper up to the guys and ate their pizza. Napped instead of walking.

I think I left some wiggle room in my plan for days like that.

MrsEnigma
02-29-2008, 10:28 AM
This is day #2 for me. I haven't had a sip of Coke or DP. It's been hard, but I'm not missing it as much as I thought I would. And so far, no headache. Yay!

I bought the WATP DVD yesterday and am going to start that today. I'm so excited to see if I can do it. I really want to find a good cardio DVD next. Any suggestions? Any that I should avoid?

I haven't been to the store, so no junk food has been bought. And what was in the house was thrown out. I went a little over 1500 calories yesterday, but not by a lot. I was very happy. Not hungry at all.

Fat Pants
02-29-2008, 12:27 PM
Ugggghhh. I am so sore this morning! The weights really did a number on my muscles..that's a good thing, but I'm not appreciating it today!

Dinner last night was ok. We had cheese fondue for dinner so I tried to stick to the veggies and fruits. I only ate about half of the pie she had for dessert and not even half a glass of wine. Somehow I'm up 2 lbs this morning... LOL!

Any tips for surviving the weekend? We have dinner out tonight and I'm just planning on getting a salad. Looks like we should be eating in the rest of the weekend, so that will make things a bit easier. I've already got my healthy meals for next week planned out so I can grocery shop accordingly!

dangerouscurves76
02-29-2008, 12:47 PM
It's been a great week for me! I've managed to stay on track with my food plan Mon-Thurs. Except for one chocolate covered strawberry that I ate yesterday.:tape: I immediately felt guilty for eating it and promptly got myself back on track for the rest of the day! I've slacked off slightly with my water intake -- I think it's dropped to 6 glasses instead of 8. I have to fix that asap!

As far as my fitness goals, I managed to workout for at least an hour Mon-Thurs. And for all my hard work, I stepped on the scale this morning and found that I had LOST 1lb!!:D I swear I heard a choir of angels sing!

Good luck to everyone this weekend...try to stay strong!

Ilene
02-29-2008, 03:35 PM
Fat Pants someone in the Exercise forum was asking what kind of home elliptical to buy... What kind is it? Maybe you can go post and recommend something to her...

Stella -- sometimes when I run I have to walk because of icy conditions too, but as long as I'm exercising I really don't mind, at least I'm out there doing something... How far did you get in 1.5 hrs?

I ran for 45 minutes today...It's bright and sunny I love it :D -9c....

StellaBella
02-29-2008, 04:40 PM
According to mapmyrun.com* it was about 6.5 miles. My dog was very, very happy!

*Sorry, it's not letting me post a link

lumifan4ever
02-29-2008, 04:41 PM
Fat Pants...here's a tip on dinner...don't get a creamy salad dressing. I got honey mustard yesterday from Quiznos and when i looked on the website it said one little side of dressing was 500 calories!!!! And i ended up eating the whole little dish of dressing. You want to go with some sort of vinegarette dressing. I don't know what i thinking.

I'm not sure how today is really looking. I had 3 home made taco's for lunch today, a serving of animal crackers and a low fat, low cal yogurt for breakfast and tonight is mexican out. No excersize because my gym is closing early tonight and i just have too much else to do tonight.

Mudpie
02-29-2008, 07:07 PM
I tend to be so gung ho for these challenges and then just can't stick to them.

I find I have to maintain on some winter days and diet on others. And it's totally dependent on the weather which, at least here in Ontario, has been biblical this winter (I'm expecting a rain of frogs any day now).

So I will have to bow out of this challenge. If there is one when spring weather is here I will try again.

Good luck to everyone!

Dagmar

Ilene
02-29-2008, 08:11 PM
Aww Dagmar, perfection is not expected at all... I certainly ain't :nono: ... But if it isn't the right time for you, we'll still be her in the Spring :yes: that's for sure ...

trailgroomer
02-29-2008, 09:07 PM
I am in -

Averaging under 1500 cals per day including lots of superfoods.

Spin that actually gets my heart rate up six days per week

Weights/resistance five days per week

Yoga - 3 times a week
:wave:
Take my vitamins!

srmb60
02-29-2008, 09:30 PM
Oh yes Dagmar! If we were looking for perfection, I'd be looong gone. I'm not sure I've had a particularly good day yet.

It's another round of 'who knows what causes that'. Yesterday there wasn't enough food in town for me. Today, I'm way under calories and don't care.
My superfoods are OK.
I took my vitamins.
I sproinged my achilles the other day. Limped a bit later on in my shift yesterday. So today, I snugged up my shoes and did lower impact cardio than usual. I swung my arms around more ;)

So I had a good day ... flawed but good.

StellaBella
03-01-2008, 12:14 AM
I had a bad, bad day... ate candy, yelled at my kids, went way over my calories when we went out to dinner and hardly moved at all.

I am so sick of winter. :(

Emrldluvr
03-01-2008, 12:34 AM
Can I still join the challenge too :^:

Where as my challenges
1. Eat Breakfast (not a morning person)
2. Drink my 8 glasses
3. Some form of extra movement every day.
4. Plan my meals ahead of time and stick with the plan!

I think that's enough for this time around.

Em

srmb60
03-01-2008, 06:34 AM
Oh yes Em, you are very welcome!

srmb60
03-01-2008, 07:04 AM
Good morning!

I was going to do a little weekly round up today because I have a few minutes before work but, I find, I didn't track my food last weekend. Sooo ... I guess I'll be doing a weekly assessment on Monday.

What do you all think about how long this thread is going to get?

Do you want to start new each Monday -or- do two halves -or- we really could just stay here -or- what?

I have an idea for an assessment thread! Trust me?

timetostart
03-01-2008, 08:58 AM
Can I still jump in since it's still the 1st week?:carrot:

1. Go to Jazzercise 3-4 times a week
2. Make smart food choices
3. Portion Control
4. Drink more water

Amy

3Beans
03-01-2008, 09:58 AM
I have an idea for an assessment thread! Trust me?

SusanB, my second life is in your hands.

But for now: I've had a POP week except for Monday, which was before I got started on this thread. (Could there be a connection? :mag:I'd better keep posting!). Monday is when I ate about 1/4 box of maple pecan cereal with my bare hands, as a lovely 800 cal snack. It's now on the 'trigger food' list - not one bite allowed!

Tomorrow is my high calorie day but I still need to be cautious. We're probably going out for brunch at this really lovely neighborhood bistro. At least it's a la carte, and the portion sizes are more European. Still, there will be a lot of creamy/buttery choices to avoid. Must stay strong!

Darby1
03-01-2008, 09:59 AM
I'd like to join! It's a new month, so a chance to start fresh. I want to:

1. Work out a minimum of 4 days a week
2. Drink at least 8 glasses of water daily
3. Sneak more veggies into my diet
4. Daily affirmations

For some reason I always forget that eventually spring will come and I'll have to quit wearing my bulky sweaters (that I just know hide my figure ;) ) and start shedding layers.

shelby897
03-01-2008, 10:45 AM
I don't know why I always think I can buy the kids treats -- they end up getting just one and I eat the rest -- and the minute I got up this morning, those darn things were calling my name -- and you know what, they really didn't taste all that great anyway!!

So, I'm going to try to get past my old "diet mentality" and not wait for tomorrow to try again, but will start fresh right now. Darby, you are SO right -- summer is coming and I can't wear men's sweatshirts all summer long!!!

Ilene
03-01-2008, 11:18 AM
Susan I like the monthly idea myself....

Shall I close this and we'll resume on the March thread?

Ilene
03-01-2008, 11:19 AM
Oops I forgot that I'm not the mod here, I thought I was in Featherweights land :lol: ... If we start a new month I'll ask the other mods to close this thread...

Ilene
03-01-2008, 11:20 AM
Oh, and, I've had a so-so month, but I did not lose any weight... C'mon March!!

seranab
03-01-2008, 11:54 AM
Hey guys,

Well, I'm not doing too great, and for once the problem isn't over eating. It's undereating. I've just really lost my appetite, I haven't been getting in my fruits and veggies (so I've failed in that aspect), I've been doing loads of walking so that hasnt been too bad BUT i haven't been getting in my 15 mins of cardio... OH and my water is rubbish.
:D I should have made my goals opposites ;) for example: "I will not do 15 mins of cardio a day" at least then I probably will end up doing it! Maybe i'll try that reverse psychology stuff... should be good lol!

mommyagain3
03-01-2008, 01:21 PM
I have trouble with my blood sugar dropping some days and that makes me eat what ever i can get so that i dont pass out. Lately it has been bothering me more so. I want to work on my goals that i posted here but sometimes I feel like i have to do what i have to do to get by. Does anyone know if blood sugar issues could be what is hindering my weight loss?

srmb60
03-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Yes mommyagain3 ... I'm hypoglycemic. I've failed that horrible glucose tolerance test twice.

Planning is the key. You have to eat in 2 or 3 hours so know what you're going to eat. A combination of carb and protein is essential. The carb works fast and the protein helps keep your blood sugar up for some time.

An apple with a smear of peanutbutter .... an orange and a piece of cheese ... crackers and cheese ... a slice of nice whole grain bread with some lean ham or chicken ...

How about if we cut this thread off when it gets too long? We can contact a mod and make sure everyone knows where to go. We'll just carry on so that it doesn't really matter if you started on the first day or part way thru.
I'll start a thread that says something like "Get Crackin" Week One results. Then, again, it doesn't matter when you started.

shelby897
03-02-2008, 10:26 AM
Help -- I've already had a bad morning and it's only 9:30 a.m. !!!

I went to get my breakfast and saw a bag of easter chocolates next to my cereal -- so I ate a hand full and then went on to 4 fig newtons -- that was like all the calories I should eat in a day -- I'm so depressed!!

But, I have to get back on track, I'm so sick of this!!!! :(

Darby1
03-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Hang in there shelby897! You can still salvage today. Plan what you're going to eat for the rest of the day and try to get some exercise in. I know it's easier to say than to do. Usually if I over-indulge, I just give up for the rest of the day. But I'm trying to learn to not let one meal or unplanned treat blow my whole day. Good luck, you CAN do it!!!

shelby897
03-02-2008, 12:13 PM
Thanks Darby -- I think I have decided to try out Weight Watchers tomorrow -- at this point, I don't think I have complete control on my own and could use a boost!! And, it must be fate, the last time I tried them, it was too hard with my now 4 year old (he was a crazy toddler then!) but I just looked up their meeting, and it's on Mondays at 9:30 a.m., which gives me time to drop Nicholas at preschool and get to the meeting. So, I'm going to not treat today like "the last supper" which is so easy the day before a diet and look forward to tomorrow!!

WebRover
03-02-2008, 12:59 PM
Late joiner here!

Log my food daily (I've been consistent at this lately, once I realized my weight gains/non-losing matched the days not logging)
Drink water daily
Take vitamins daily
Exercise 2x per week (Doesn't sound like much, but it's a reasonable goal based on where I am)
Plan my meals weekly

Past week
Logged daily :comp:
Behind on water :coffee:
Took vitamins every day but yesterday :D
2 days of exercise :dancer:
Planned meals :write:

Steelslady
03-02-2008, 03:10 PM
I started doing the following this past week, before I even saw this thread, so I am going to join you all to help me keep myself accountable:

1. back to drinking more water and less diet soda
2. back to no less than 10,000 steps a day (love my Omron pedometer!)
3. gradually add weight training back into my daily regimen
4. stick to my calorie allotments for the day
5. the last two weeks, I have not bought one thing of junk food from the store, not even the 100 calorie packs. I kept to the outer aisles of the store, and bought meats, breads, frozen veggies, fresh fruits and veggies, and dairy. We don't even miss the junk and have all learned to be creative with our fruits and veggie eating again. :D

The reason I haven't been around lately- I was in a car accident with my kids back in January. Thankfully, the children are all ok, but I got whiplash and back sprain from it and I was in agony for a couple of weeks. Also, because of the accident, I ended up having to go on Lexapro for anxiety, as my nerves were shattered at the thoughts of driving again after that. It was a bad morning to drive, but the school had a two hour delay because of bad weather. I should have just kept the kids home that day, but it was before mid terms, and I didn't want them to miss anything important. Oh, well, back to plan again. :carrot:

mommyagain3
03-02-2008, 04:57 PM
Ok so girlscout cookies came in!!! Help we have so many in our house. I think i am going to try and give them away. I work with mentally ill adults and homeless people maybe i can bring them to work as treat!

srmb60
03-03-2008, 09:18 AM
Good morning!

Yesterday was OK. The quality of my food was good but I had too much. I had a nice walk but it was too short.

I'm going to go now and assess my first week. I'll start a week one assessment thread then come back and post a link.

srmb60
03-03-2008, 09:47 AM
Here's the link to post your week one results.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=136013

Emrldluvr
03-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Hi all!

Will post results tomorrow after TOPS weigh in.
1. Breakfast - a tough one ate a couple of days but didn't for the most part, Not working and don't have a set schedule to get up and when I do I get busy and the next thing I know it's time for lunch.
2. Water started refilling my 64 oz jug for the day and have made to most of the way through most days.
3. Have added extra movement everyday.
4. Wrote my meal plan for the week and pretty much followed it.

Hope everyone else is doing great.

Em

gailr42
03-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Very cool idea for this thread, SusanB! Maybe this will get us out of the winter blahs. We don't even have much of a winter, but I still have the blahs. Maybe it has to do with the hours of daylight rather than the actual temperature.

I'm a day late and a dollar short, as usual......Here's what I am going to do:

I will arrive at work early enough to walk to my office from the far side of the parking lot. I have been cutting it a little close lately.

I will package up and freeze the yummy, sugar-filled dried fruit mix I bought at Costco, so I can't just snack on it ad lib. My teeth aren't what they used to be, and snacking on frozen stuff isn't a good idea:lol:.

I will stop with the extraneous snacking. Planned snacks are good, random eating is not.

I will figure out something to carry with me to make sure I don't get too hungry. I like a nut and seed snack mix, but when I have it in my purse, I eat it even if I am not "too hungry". There must be something else that keeps and is portable. Maybe my old friend mini shredded wheat.

And, I will NOT slack off on my car and chair exercises.

I have been doing sort of "so-so" on all this. I want to do better.

srmb60
03-04-2008, 12:38 AM
I have a friend at work who keeps a ziplock bag of oat squares on her med cart. That's her 'get me thru til lunch' snack.

Today my cals are good (1550) but the quality is not there. 10 superfoods and several refined carbs :o
I did have an awesome hour of dance type cardio with weights for arms mixed in. And I took my vitamins

Ilene
03-04-2008, 08:46 AM
Yesterday was an almost perfect day for me :D :D :D....

Did 45 mins of biking :bike:
55 mins of Yoga :yoga:

Ate super clean :hun:

It's all good :sunny:

shelby897
03-04-2008, 09:51 AM
Good morning everyone!! Hope you are all doing well -- not much time to read through everyone's notes right now, sorry. I started Weight Watchers yesterday and had an absolutely great day. Looking forward to sticking this out until the end!!!

dangerouscurves76
03-04-2008, 11:41 AM
I've been completely off track for the last two days. :censored: But, I'm not going to give up! :dust:This morning, I made sure that I ate clean for breakfast. And I packed my snacks and lunch for work. Tonight, I'm going directly to the gym so I can take a toning class before I do my cardio.

I'm struggling but determined to see this challenge through to the end! :cheer:

2old2quit
03-04-2008, 12:00 PM
Ok, good thread.

I should build or invent something that, when you reach for that food you shouldn't have, a little hand comes out and slaps you in the head.

Anyway for me to get and keep crackin':

1. Walk everyday for 2.5 miles (NOT if pouring down rain)
2. Cut back on the EVOO in roasting veggies
3. Stop at 1 skinny cow ice cream sandwich
4. Increase amount of calcium products
5. Stop putting myself down if I fail any of the above
6. No chocolate or potato chips (my downfall)
7. Measure, measure, measure ALL foods
8. Keep the faith
9. Stop putting myself down if I fail any of the above
10. Keep smiling and end up showing people who think I'm a failure what a winner looks like. No matter how long it takes. I will do this for ME.

I think I used 11 calories just writing this!:)

Jill Tha Thrill
03-05-2008, 11:01 AM
Ok, well.....I'm new to this but I'm super excited!

1. Long term goal (for life)-Work out 3-4 times a week and walk/run more often.
2. Lose my excess pounds and keep them off, get rid of cellulite.
3. Run an adventure race with family.
4 QUIT eating fast food!
-I eat even when I'm not hungry! Fast food is always there, ya know? And I have the hardest time saying no. Candy too. How do I resist? I try snacks but then once snacks r gone I wanna buy sweets, even though I'm not hungry.

Anyway, I'm gonna try really hard to break some bad habits. Wish me luck.

-JILLLLLLL:smug:

JustPeachy
03-05-2008, 06:41 PM
This will be week one for me, is this where I post my goals??

For this week, my goals will be...

NO CANDY. PERIOD. NONE!!!!!
Exercise 3 days for 30 minutes, I can break it up into smaller sessions if needed, right?
Drink water, cut back to 2 diet sodas per day.
Mindful eating, even on the weekend!! This is where it gets a little crazy and where my problems begin each week!! I can't take weekends off anymore if I want to lose any more weight.

That's all I will do this week, and after the past couple of weeks I have had, it will be a challenge, let me tell ya. I have been a bad, bad girl!

Thanks for this awesome thread!

shelby897
03-05-2008, 11:31 PM
Now finishing up day three and doing really well with my WW -- surprised myself :dizzy: -- hope everyone is doing well. I actually can't wait to finish out this week and get my first weigh in done, for some serious motivation!!!

Ilene
03-08-2008, 09:34 PM
Well, well, let's get crackin' !! How are we all doing ?

I'm doing good, but I don't feel like I've lost any weight, unfortunately :( ...

Report in girls and guys too :yes: ...

shelby897
03-08-2008, 11:12 PM
I'm not very good at prompt posting, but I read a lot!! :D

Tomorrow is my "last day" of my first week of WW and I'm beating myself up a bit tonight because I ate 20 jelly beans!! Stupid! I really doubt it will throw my whole first week over the edge. Weigh in on Monday. I have exercised five days this week and have not binged once, no night time eating, no snacking off plan etc. I call this week a success (I can handle the "jelly bean trauma"!!

How is everyone doing?

Ilene
03-08-2008, 11:19 PM
20 jelly beans is nothing ... Congrats on all your hard work this week :cp:

Emrldluvr
03-09-2008, 04:22 AM
Doing better so far in week 2:carrot:
Eating breakfast and adding more movement, the great weather we've been having makes it easier, dogs always love a walk.
Shelby - looks like out total goal by the end of the year is really close I would love to have lost 100 by the end of the year I'm at 99 to go. I'm trying to just break it down to smaller goals.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Em