South Beach Diet - boost your brain power

View Full Version : boost your brain power

Loriann7
02-26-2008, 03:26 PM
So in c hecking my email I found this article on yahoo...

http://health.yahoo.com/experts/drmao/12306/boost-your-brain-power/

Go us who are already doing most if not all of this listed!@!!!!

tomandkara
02-26-2008, 03:59 PM
Wow! Double points for me when I do math WHILE I exercise! (My brain gets bored with just thinking about putting one foot in front of the other so I have to keep it occupied by figuring out all sorts of stuff - fraction of time I've finished, fraction of time left to go, how many days until Tom gets home, how many days until he leaves for Florida, what percent of a month that is...the calculations get more bizarre the longer my run gets!)

'Course, I have to work extra hard since each child has eaten a piece of my brain on their ways out the birth canal, so I don't have much left...

Kara

murphmitch
02-26-2008, 09:49 PM
Wow! Double points for me when I do math WHILE I exercise! (My brain gets bored with just thinking about putting one foot in front of the other so I have to keep it occupied by figuring out all sorts of stuff - fraction of time I've finished, fraction of time left to go, how many days until Tom gets home, how many days until he leaves for Florida, what percent of a month that is...the calculations get more bizarre the longer my run gets!)
Kara

Funny, I do the same thing on the treadmill...calories burned, calories per minute, etc.

Spiritmagejkt
02-27-2008, 05:22 AM
I like the site. I always am learning something new. Its not always puzzles and stuff like that though. I think he means learning as a state of mind.

pamatga
02-28-2008, 06:25 PM
i decided that I would be an eager beaver last fall and jump on my treadmill (in my bedroom and folded up when not in use) immediately upon waking.

I have a set timer on it and I opened my eyes and 10 minutes had gone by.

Now, that was a weird feeling. Don't large livestock sleep standing up?

Boy, just that thought made me walk even faster!

I can barely chew gum when I am walking.....kara, how do you do math??