Old 02-26-2008, 08:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default Sneaking in Some Protein

In the April edition of Oxygen there is a quite lengthy article about whey protein. In fact I have a neglected container in the cupboard. I can't stomach the idea of having a frozen fruit smoothie and then going out in the cold to scrape of my car etc ...

Understandably, my protein numbers have been low lately. So this is what I'm trying today. I added a scoop of whey protein to a bit of water and 1/4 cup of non fat soy milk and a packet of splenda. I usually drink my coffee black but this is good.
I'm getting something into my stomach early (something I'm not good at) and I'm adding protein.

Anybody else got some protein sneaks?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 08:48 AM   #2  
WW Moderator

So you put it in your coffee? Interesting! I put it in oatmeal. That's about as adventurous as I get these days.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 08:57 AM   #3  

I was wondering how it would absorb but it was fine. The article did say to mix it with water first.

Tomorrow, I may try a dot of vanilla in it.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

I've recently been drinking Special K 2 O Protein Water Mix. I've tried the iced tea and the strawberry kiwi. Both are really good. 30 cals per packet total fat 0 sodium is 35 carbs 7g Fiber is 5, sugars 0 and 5 g of protein. The ingredients are Polydextrose, Whey Protein Isolate, citric ascid , caramel color contains 2% or less black tea extract natual flavor soy lecithin, sucralose, acesulfame potassium, ethoxylated mono and diglyecerides tricalcium phosphate, niacinnamide pyridoxine Hydrochloried (Vitamin B6 and Vitamin B12 (this is for the tea flavor)
I've also tried the south beach (it's also very good) it has same calories but less sodium 25 and less Protein 3 for the tripical breeze it's list inulin (for fiber) then whey protein isolate (from milk) citric acid aspartame less 2% natural flavor soy lecthin acetylated mongycerides magnesium oxide diemthysiloxane yellow5 red 40 contains milk, soy.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:33 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

Iw as just looking at my protien intake and know I should be getting alittle more. Can someone please tell about whey protien. Where do you get it? From the previous posts it looks like it comes in powder form...is that correct? Does it have a "taste"? What is the nutrition info?? thanks for your help!!
KateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:39 AM   #6  

I buy mine in a bulk food store. It's plain ... tastes sorta milky, dusty. I have to add something.

Lots of companies make a whey based protein supplement. My original container is from NOW sports.

Let's see what the others say.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:43 AM   #7  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

I buy a chocolate flavoured one from Costco (european whey - webber naturals) and then another one (Mango Peach, which is Precision's Iso-Pro Cooler line). I mix them 2-1 usually (with water) and just take them straight as is. I've taken them for breakfast just mixed with cold water, although I know some people warm them up and take them as a hot chocolate style drink.

I've seen recipes somewhere using them for home-baked power bars. Could be in my email since I have a friend (body builder) who loves the stuff. If I can find them I'll post them in one of the recipes thread. I think I ignored them when I first saw them as they were fairly high cal, but maybe fairly large too.

Baking with Whey Protein

I think they're really meant as meal replacements. However, they might do for a breakfast on the run. Now that I've looked them out I might actually try making one of them.

Last edited by RealCdn; 02-26-2008 at 12:16 PM.
RealCdn is offline   Reply With Quote