Old 02-25-2008, 04:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Height: 5'8"

Question When did people start noticing your weight loss?

I have lost 17 pounds and have gone down nearly 2 sizes. My husband says that he sees a difference but he is sweet and stares at my booty more than anyone else. No one else has commented on the change. I am wondering if the people around me are too polite or if it’s just not enough to notice yet. When did people start noticing your weight loss?
ella13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 04:08 PM   #2  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Funny you bring this up.. My coworker was walking up the sidewalk like 10 minutes ago and I thought, "WOW! She lost like 20 pounds overnight!"

So I asked her when she came in if she had lost weight.... It turns out that she had lost 40 pounds over the past few months. I just noticed it today. People are a bit oblivious and they may see you in different light or at a certain angle before it hits them. I had a couple of people ask me when I was past the 70 pound mark "Hey Jen, you lose weight or dye your hair or somthing?"

People are tricky. Congrats, btw!!!

Last edited by junebug41; 02-25-2008 at 04:09 PM.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 04:23 PM   #3  
I can do it!

S/C/G: 446.8/ticker/170

Height: 5 foot 7

I often wonder this too. I've lost 18 pounds and even I haven't noticed it. But before when I was dieting I'd lost about 40 pounds and nobody noticed it. I looked at old pictures a couple weeks ago and was shocked to see myself smaller. If I would've stuck with it instead of giving up when I didn't "see" results I would be closer to my goal right now. The only compliment I got was from my sister, she said my face looks slimmer. She also is away at school and only sees me every couple months so, I guess she will be the first one to notice my weight loss.
SouthernGal07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 04:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Height: 5'8"

Wow, they didn’t notice until you lost 70 pounds!! I am not complaining I actually prefer that people don’t notice. In “real” life I tend to be pretty private about weight issues. I was just wondering how long I could keep under the radar.
ella13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 04:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 350/350/170

Height: 5'9"

over the weekend my husband said "i can tell you are losing weight, how much have you lost?" i laughed a little bit and told him that i had lost about 19 pounds. he looked confused and said i thought that is what you had lost a few weeks ago. i had to inform him that 19 pounds is what i was down a few weeks ago and that there has been no change since then (due to me not staying on plan with my eating). as far as other people go with noticing, a few coworkers who know that i have been working on losing weight have commented that my clothes fit looser, but outside of that nobody has really made any comments that they notice. i think sometimes people don't want to ask if you have lost weight. sometimes they may notice but not say anything for fear of hurt feelings if you haven't or if you aren't trying to. just a guess.
jmb1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 04:56 PM   #6  
Losing the weight in 2008

S/C/G: 258/ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Hi Ella
Congrats on your loss! My husband has noticed and 2 co-worker friends have made comments too, but my other co-workers haven't said anything yet. I am also down 2 sizes so I am guessing that they are just not wanting to bring it up. I am also really private about my weight loss effort so maybe they feel awkward bringing it up.
Healthy Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 05:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 235/193/140

Height: 5'4"

My boyfriend hasn't noticed. If anyone else has, they haven't said anything. The funny thing is, I can never see a difference in myself, but this time, I definitely can. My double chin is completely gone! How can people not notice that?
girl anachronism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 05:39 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 259/227/160

Height: 5'4

Smile

I think it may depend on how much you have to lose - I have lost about 20 lbs. and I am just starting to notice but I have a long way to go. I am hoping others will begin to notice by 30lbs!!
4mykids3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 05:46 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

I wouldn't ever mention to anyone except someone really close to me, just because you never know how people take that sort of thing.

When I had lost 10 lbs and went back to the college I had transferred from to visit my old friends, one of the first things my old roommate said to me was "HAVE YOU LOST WEIGHT?!" But that's just the kind of person she is. Also, she hadn't seen me in about 6 months, so it was easier for her to notice. For people who see you every day and see the change so gradually, it might be harder to notice!!

But your weight loss is great!! And hey, if the bf notices, that can never hurt
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:56 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/115

Height: 5'3''

Congrats,Ella!
Cardfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:51 PM   #11  
Made of Starstuff

Took me 70 lbs before someone noticed, too! (Though only one person. *shrug* ^^) I've got quite a bit more to go, but I'm hoping by the time I've lost 180 lbs, some more people might say a little something.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 09:09 PM   #12  
Working my way back

S/C/G: 169/158/130

Height: 5'6

I work in a maximum security all male prison....the inmates have started noticing and that is just creepy...
niclyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 09:52 PM   #13  
Skinny cow in the making!

S/C/G: 193/149/126

Height: 5'4

Nobody noticed my weightloss even at 20lbs down and I must admit, I was starting to become discouraged!
But then, suddenly at 25lbs down EVERYONE started to notice. It was so weird! Literally everyone I know started to comment that they can see a difference now and I keep getting the "wow, you've lost SO much weight" comments that really annoy me!!
Anyways, it really varies from person to person and I am sure people will start noticing soon and the comments will start to get on your nerves
Well done on your progress so far!

Last edited by Jadeybaby; 02-25-2008 at 09:53 PM.
Jadeybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:43 PM   #14  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

back in may.....when my fil said i looked thinner(he's a drunk and forgot the last time he saw me was a few months before while i was still preggo)
then the rest of it followed in the late fall when my jeans started getting baggy and fil kept telling me i needed a belt
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:37 AM   #15  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

the first person that noticed i lost weight was not even a family member or friend. I work holidays and vacations at mrs fields(my hs job). So, i went back in december for christmas, and the santa clause (who i hadnt seen since the previous yr) came up to me and just outright said "wow, you look great. you've lost weight, huh?". Lol. i was so happy someone finally noticed, since i had lost about 25 pounds at this point. then my boss gave me a onceover, and then said "you have!" lol . I just smiled and said yes.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote