Old 02-25-2008, 12:55 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 10"

Default Chat for Feb 25th to March 2nd

New pages!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 12:59 PM   #2  

Hi everyone. Lets see if this weeks thread can be more eventful. Last week was sooooo sloooow on the board.

Things are going well here. We had DD's family bday party yesterday. I started off well - keeping to core with one small piece of pizza. Then I had some cake and then I had some more pizza. I did figure out points for the day - it was close to 30! Good thing I had not used any WPAs this week. I wi tomorrow. I'm still hoping for a loss. As of yesterday morning I was sure I would show a loss. I'm just concerned the pizza will show tomorrow. As of this morning I'm down. Oh well, nothing I can do about it now. Sticking to core completely today and the rest of the week.

Whats going on with you?

Vickie - good luck with the Drs this week.
Frouf - glad dd is feeling better.
Sandra - congrats on the tournament! You rock!
Angela - good luck with the store.

BBL
Old 02-25-2008, 01:35 PM   #3  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Well seems dd has had a 'backlash' and as of 10 pm last night (realizing she was supposed to go to school today) she was in lots of pain - I asked her if she had been taking her pain meds - no - well what do you expect?

She is home today in bed - and I guess the cleaning lady will be working 'around' her? We have her follow up dr appt tomorrow afternoon so hopefully he can advise her and she just might listen to him?

TOM barely here which is a good thing - was too scared to step on scale this morning (altho I am need to track my latest challenge) so I did what ever chicken does - stepped on with my clothes realizing I would be heavier than usual - ha ha ha - well given about 2-3 lbs for my clothing I think I would have been down had I done the 'usual nekkid' weigh in? hmmmm....oh well.

Have dr appt this afternoon - just a follow up - hope my bp is still okay as I am hoping to eventually get off the meds. Will also see if dr will order set of 'insulin' bloodwork - going to endocrinologist next week and it would be nice to see the numbers ESPECIALLY if they are going down. I absolutely cannot stand being on the metformin as I am in the washroom more often then not - and it is making me very cranky!!!!

I now also seem to have developed the same cough little ds had all last week - not fun - as I know have this piercing pain in my throat every time I cough! Took a sudafed to see if this helps!

Angela - good luck with the 'open house' - hope it all went well. We are also expecting snow starting tonight and more tomorrow - ugh - when will it end? (not soon enuf for me!)

Vickie - how are you feeling? Hope you are doing okay despite the tummy troubles.

Paula - well luckily you had the points to spend but I wouldn't sweat too much about it - just drink lots of water to flush it all out! Good luck w/your weigh in.

Coco- how's your weather? Are you snowed in yet?

I am tired today and a bit of a headache (probably from all that coughing) - but have taken the day off tomorrow as kids had dr appts (little ds has eye dr in morning , dd has ent dr tomorrow afternoon - too bad there are like both in the same area and unfortunately across town but one is at 9:30 am and the other at 3 pm - yes we will be wasting lots of gas tomorrow!)

Frouf
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:34 PM   #4  

Just had to share a yummy recipe I created tonight. I mixed a can of drained,rinsed black beans with some peach salsa. I then had this over steak and brown rice. Very yummy and a quick side dish!

Take care.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:03 PM   #5  
focused and aiming

Paula, thank you for sharing the recipe idea. It sounds good.

Frouf, I hope all goes well with the doctor visits. Do you have plans for the rest of the day tomorrow?

I heard from Rhonda. She's having a great time. It sounds like a trip of a lifetime to me.

We're leaving Thursday for Indoor Nationals. I am sooooooo excited.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:57 PM   #6  
Card Carrying Princess

Glad to hear Rhonda is having a good time - at least she is away from the snow!

Well my bp was not that great (140/98) but dr was THRILLED to hear I had lost about 10 lbs since January and 2 inches on my waist and one on my hips! She has given me the requisition for the bloodwork and hopefully we get results next week for endocrinologist appt.

Well nothing planned for tomorrow except I AM NOW SICK SICK SICK - coughing like a maniac. Dr. gave me a prescription for biaxin which I have not filled yet - will see how I'm doing - but I now have fever (100.5) and have taken tylenol and cough meds (which are not working by the way) and suspect I will not get much sleep tonight!...sigh...

Supposed to go w/dh and little ds to his eye appt tomorrow morning but I guess if I am not feeling well I shall stay in bed. Do have to take dd to ENT tonsils follow up apt tomorrow afternoon so hopefully I will be well enuf to do that.

Weight training tomorrow night is early - my 'endocrinologist' (the one who referred me to the program and is affiliated with it) is speaking - I think on cardiovascular health - might try and go if I feeling okay - not sure if I will be exercising tho?

We are expecting snow tho so hoping the driving tomorrow won't be too bad!

Good luck with the Nationals Sandra - I know you will do great!

Paula - that dinner does sound yummy! DH and I made this amazing teriyaki chicken stirfry in the electric wok - chicken w/teriyaki sauce, garlic, ginger, then lots of stir fried veggies (onion, garlic, red peppers, broccoli, chinese cabbage, mushrooms, celery) - with a side of brown rice - even little ds loved it!

Need to do midnight fasting for bloodwork so will most probably do it wed morning before work!

Frouf
Old 02-26-2008, 12:38 AM   #7  

Hi all...VIP party at the store went great, despite the snow. We had great comments on our comment cards. Going to bed now. Will check in more later.

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:28 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 221/216/155

Height: 5'6"

I had my fun weigh-in yesterday after work. Why was it fun? It was my first week back to WW and on Core. So I lost a nice amount of weight.

I still don't like brown rice.
Lulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 08:13 AM   #9  

Sandra, good luck with the nationals. I'm looking forward to great results!!

Frouf, sorry to hear you are still not well. Great news from the DR regarding your weight and measurements. All that hard work is paying off. I'm sure the bp will come down as you lose more. Is the dr particually concerned about it? The stir fry sounds yummy. I may need to try that. DH would eat that, not sure about dd. She'd eat the brown rice, maybe if I have her help.

Glad to hear Rhonda is having fun. Sounds like a wonderful trip.

Lulie, inquiring minds want to know. How well did you do? In regard to brown rice - I find I need to add more salt to it than white rice. Also, try making a stir fry out of it or mixing in veggies or spices. It is a bit bland on its own. Sometimes when I cook it I'll add dried onion flakes or dried chives with the water to add flavor. Also, try cooking it with stock rather than water. You can have potatoes once a day - white and sweet.

Well, I'm looking forward to wi today. My scale is down this morning. I'll post back later.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:59 AM   #10  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks. We are dealing with lots of snow here. We sure are tired of it.

Frouf, I hope you feel better soon. Feeling unwell stinks!

Sandra, you go girl!

Angela, I'm SO amazed at you and your family. Good Luck. I'm glad all went well.

Paula, my fingers are crossed for you.

Lulie, congratulations! We do love to hear numbers. You're not bragging you're actually motivating us too.

Gotta go. I can't sit at the computer too long. It's quite uncomfortable. I've been eating well and drinking my water. Someday....exercise.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 11:59 AM   #11  
Card Carrying Princess

Congrats Lulie - glad your first week on Core was a success! You may grow to like brown rice (as I mentioned before try to find brown basmati rice if you can!) - you should try to cook it as suggested above - but you can also have potatoes, couscous, barley, whole wheat pasta and other grains if you can't stand the brown rice!

Angela - glad the party was a success! Did you give out samples to everyone (drool, drool)....

I feel awful today - altho I did to with dh and ds to eye dr appt - I am coughing like crazy - and have a headache again - drinking tea and coffee and water and lots of liquids. I may have to cave in and get the antiobiotic prescription filled - like I really want to take more meds!

Paula - I am already on bp meds and trying to get OFF of them so it being a bit high is not good news (altho dr did not seem upset by this - I was more upset than her!) - I agree that with more weight loss the bp should decrease!

I think I shall have to opt out of my weight training class tonight - not even sure I shall go to see speaker as I would just sit there coughing all the time and disturbing everyone.

Still have to take dd to her ENT post op appt this afternoon - and yes Vickie we too are getting TONS more snow - like we need it! DH going to a meeting tonight so I shall have to take her to and from dance class (7-9pm) so no jammies or bed for me until after that! boohoo

Frouf

P.S...if there is any good news it's that TOM is over and the SCALE IS DOWN!!! Yippee

Last edited by Froufy; 02-26-2008 at 12:01 PM.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:48 PM   #12  

Hi Everyone
Just a quick check in.
Last night at WW I lost a pound. So will take that.
Getting rain right now. Then by the morning we are suppose to get some snow. Only 1 to 3 inches. enough that could cause bad roads.
Well gotta go right now.
Be back later.
Have a great day.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:20 PM   #13  

Well, good news for me. I'm down 1.8, makes 7 in total since re-joining. I have 9 pds to go to get back to my goal. I'm thrilled and motivated.

I've already cut up veggies for tomorrow, have that, some ff creamy italian dressing for a dip and core lo lunch ( something from my freezer, not quite sure what it is - I think American Chop Suey!)

Did pick up another bday cake for dd -- as tomorrow is her official bday and we'll sing to her after dinner. I will NOT have any. Then her freinds party is Saturday - more cake and treats.

Well, have a great night everyone.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:58 PM   #14  
Southside White Sox Fan

Congratulations, Paula! You are one determined chick. Where do you find FF creamy italian. I LOVE creamy italian.

We got over 6 inches of snow today. Tomorrow I'm going to have lunch with my Sister/BIL. I REALLY need a hug from my big Sister. I've been talking to her on the phone but there's nothing like seeing your big Sister in person. She's like my Mom/best friend since my Mom and Cindy are gone. My eating remains good and I just finished my 9th glass of water for today. I'm done now. I think I'd like some hot tea with skim milk and equal.

See you all tomorrow.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 07:22 PM   #15  
focused and aiming

Hi, Chickies. We're in training up to our necks but are having a grand time. I shot today about 3 or 4 hours. I lost track of time. I'll be finished with my longbow after Saturday. In fact, almost all our "serious" indoor shooting ends this coming Sunday.

Congratulations to all of you who are op and losing. I am happy for you.

Vickie and Frouf, I hope you are both feeling better.

Angela, congratulations on your new adventure. I'm thinking everything will work out well. Makes me smile.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote