LA Weight Loss - Feb 25-March 2 Losers and Friends

View Full Version : Feb 25-March 2 Losers and Friends

MomOfThreeTeens
02-25-2008, 08:55 AM
WOW!! Where is everybody? Here's to an amazing week!!!

Katy66
02-25-2008, 09:29 AM
Good morning Kim and all you lurkers....I know you are out there:) Haven't posted since sometime last week. Things have just been crazy! Don't have an official WI for last week either. I've been avoiding the COD. DH got off yesterday for South Korea. Haven't heard from him yet but it is about 11:30pm there. DD and I went out to eat and to a movie yesterday at the Brew and View (kinda a dinner theatre place) to pass the time. Saw Enchanted for $3 and ate too much but the greek quesadilla was yummy:) Did okay for dinner last night and I'm trying to get in extra water today.

Oh well, better run. I've got tons to do at work. Hope everyone has a great day!

starofsorrow
02-25-2008, 10:21 AM
Still here! =) Just at school.....developing film. Yay, photography class? I've gotta run back there, though...I need to finish up the processing. =) Will post later soon!

Mama Nicole
02-25-2008, 10:32 AM
Good morning everyone :)

Thank you, Barbara :) You are so right. I do need to figure out why I am not taking this seriously. I am such a stress eater.....and there has been a bit of stress here since the holidays :) I am going to be good today, and I think I may try being good with WW. I am going to give it two weeks......and then I may or may not go back to LAWL. I am worried that I won't get my veggies in with WW.......but I am going to try to apply my standards from LAWL and go with it. So much of my struggle is with planning meals and snacks for my family. That is my job. That is what I do. I am a 50's wife :) :lol:. I am thinking I may have a bit more freedom with WW.........the question is.........can I handle all that freedom??!!??!! We will see. Anyway.......I appreciate your thoughts on this......I know you know where I am, and I am so glad to know it IS possible to move from this mindset. That is the ultimate battle, isn't it?........changing our minds? :hug:

Thank you to everyone else for your cheers and support. I hate to be negative on these boards, cuz so many of you are doing soooo well........but let this be the example to all of you who lurk when you are not doing so well, instead of posting. Post away.........reach out NOW, before it gets out of hand. We all have times like this........and everyone here wants to help :) So thank you my friends :) You truly are the best!!!!

Katie.....don't you go lurking again.......I need you........we all do. Together, we can do this :)

Ok, time to go wake the beast, oops, I mean DD......she has late start school, and she still has trouble getting up..........

Also.....I am going to go WI now......and I can deal with whatever the evil evil sclae says......and I am going to post it in the Feb WI thread....and I am going to change my tickers....with no shame......no guilt......and a whole lot of hope and energy for a positive change........starting RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Have a great day everyone :)
XOXO

Repo girl
02-25-2008, 10:36 AM
Good job Nicole, you ROCK! Thanks for all of your optimism this morning. I too have made a bit of a change. I am going to calorie count for a while and see how I do. I already logged my breakfast on fitday. I really can do this. I just need to find some focus!

Debbie24
02-25-2008, 10:50 AM
Morning everyone!

Well I’m down 2lbs from lastweek but I was at 151.6lbs yesterday and I’m at 153lbs today. I hate Mondays!. Anyway I’m going to chug the water today and I’ll be back to 151. whatever tomorrow, hopefully! I wont stress about it tho because losing 2lbs in 1 week is great.

Katy – hope you hear from you DH soon, geez it would drive me nuts if DH was away and if I didn’t hear from him i would be going crazy but I’m not used to being away from him so that could be why. Anyway get back on track, you can do this. I’m amazed at how much you’ve lost already.

Starofsorrow – I took photography in college, course 1 & I loved it. I loved taking all the pics and then developing them. I wish I were able to do things like that now but I barely have time to eat sometimes. I had so much fun with that class and it’s the only one I wished were longer.

Nicole – Whichever plan you choose I wish you GL. Let us know how WI goes.

:wave: Katie

Hope everyone has a POP day.

Tuesday Cool
02-25-2008, 10:54 AM
I am here. In the same slump as everyone else. Today I recommit with extra passion and dedication. I leave on March 7 for China and want to be down at least a little so I can have some wiggle room while traveling.
I have got to get back to writing everything down and measuring and not eating hoagies and not ordering clam chowder and eating some veggies. Well, you get the picture. I have been hopeless for the last week and the scale is tattling my sins to the world. On the plus side I still fit my size 12 pants! Every time I put them on I dance a little. Now, if I could just get rid of the layer of fat on my tummy life would be good.
Good luck this week,

starofsorrow
02-25-2008, 11:00 AM
Debbie - Yeah, I love it, too, but the time limits that the professor placed on us are hetic! I usually like the class, but this semester won't be so fun since I have to include people in my projects, and they're notoriously difficult to convince to work with me! =(

Hopefully I can just pass this semester. =)

Good luck, everyone!!

green0923
02-25-2008, 11:01 AM
Good morning, everyone!

Hi, Kim. Thanks for the motivation! I know this will be a great week.

Katy, greek quesadilla ... yummy! What's in that?

stars, photography class sounds fun! I like to take pics, but I don't have "the eye." I have a close friend who is so great at it -- anything she takes is artistic.

Nicole, good for you! Your positive attitude will inspire all of us!

Katie, you can do it! I remember the adorable red size 5s you were wearing in your old avatar. I KNOW you can do this! Besides, you inspire all of us!

As for me, I was up a pound when I WI this morning, but haven't adjusted my tickers. I'm sure it's from the heavier clothes I had on (plus I had some high sodium foods yesterday -- so I'm positive I'm retaining some water). If it sticks when I WI Weds., I'll update.

I get lectured for not getting in all of my starches and fruits ... I was short one of each. I am getting better, though! I'll keep trying!

To everyone who hasn't yet posted, good morning!

Let's all have POP days!

green0923
02-25-2008, 11:03 AM
sorry, Debbie and Tuesday! Didn't see you on there. Hello!

Dan2112
02-25-2008, 11:30 AM
Morning all!!

Just enough time here to say hi before I hit the road.. I'll be in the tiny town of Portales, NM for the next few days at the NM Agriculture Expo... Should be fun as it always is...

Having REALLY REALLY bad gas pains this morning and I'm not sure why.. We had veggies last night with dinner, but I don't see why they would be affecting me so badly this morning.. OWWWW!!!

Tuesday.. Have fun in China!! How exciting that must be.. A word of caution however regarding staying on diet...

There was a story out a couple weeks ago about how the United States Olympic Team was having to bring their own food with them. This is due to the fact that the Chinese use a lot of growth hormones in their chicken so they can feed more people with it.. But as a result, there was a real fear that the huge amounts of growth hormone would cause the athlete's drug tests to come back positive..

Not sure how much, if at all, the growth hormones in the chicken will affect weight loss or even maintenance, but I just thought I'd put it out there.. Sorry to be a downer this morning..

Talk to you all soon!!

aguerin
02-25-2008, 11:38 AM
Hello all.

Like a lot of the old timers I have gotten so lax in sticking to my plan. I am officially blaming it on the winter weather and believe it will get better or easier to focus when spring time gets here. It has gotten hard for me to find the veggies that I need to stay on plan. It is also just easier to grab what is available.

Update on the Log Cabin Project. It is driving me crazy. The "septic tank people" are putting me off. There is some kind of mix up with them and the required engineer that designed the pad in the middle of my husbands sawmill. But its only time right? 3 weeks I have been waiting on them them to put it in. Good thing I haven't committed to any deadlines. I haven't ordered my logs yet, cause what if the septic tank goes belly up? This is probably another reason why it is hard for me to stick to plan, stress eating.

pjbeau
02-25-2008, 11:46 AM
:wave: Good Morning! :wave:

I think it's great that we all have this forum to share our ups and downs, and get positive feedback from people who actually understand what we go through.

I was down 1 lb this morning. :carrot: I just hope I can hold on to it. I have a 4 day business trip this week (Wed-Sat), so my food will be all take-out. Hopefully, I can find good choices. I plan on getting my fruits for the day from the breakfast buffet, so I can have good snacks with me at my meetings.

:hug:
Later-

Mama Nicole
02-25-2008, 11:49 AM
Amy......good to see you, girl!!!
XOXO

BarbaraB
02-25-2008, 12:39 PM
Nicole and Katie, If switching plans keeps you motivated and trying, then it is a good thing. Since I think staying motivated to try is the big deal, not the actual plan. WW is a good plan. Counting calories is a good plan too. I just meant to say that being motivated makes all the difference, and I've been feeling that slipping myself lately, so I need to refocus myself too. As there are times when I'm super motivated and times when potato chips literally call to me...

This weekend was not a POP one. Ripping up tile is hard work and I got so tired and sore and worn out that I didn't go to the store so there were no good choices to be had, so we ate what was there. I finally dragged my tired self to the store last night, so today I'm determined to get back on track. Although tonight I have to go home and actually lay the new tile (we got it all cut out and ready to go so just glueing it down won't be so hard I hope). Tomorrow is my company ski trip. So between tiling and skiing, by Wednesday I hope I can still move around somewhat. I'm already so sore.

Oh well, back to my continuous process of reminding myself what I need to do to keep my weight down, and getting back on board with that.

Paula, good job on the weight loss. You've really been doing great lately!

Amy, at least try to get your veggies in even when you are stressed! You have to keep yourself healthy!

Tuesday, China sounds so fascinating. If you have a few on plan days before you go, at least you will start out feeling healthy and great. I'm glad that the size 12's still make you smile! Isn't that a great feeling?

bayoubelle68
02-25-2008, 12:41 PM
Hey, guys. I'm back! DH was gone for a total of THREE weeks, working tornado claims in Alabama. He was supposed to come home last night, but he TOTALLY surprised us and came home Thursday night. It was wonderful!

Sorry I haven't been around, but I'm not very good at the whole single mom thing! Both kids and I had various flu strains while DH was gone and that didn't help. I had a time getting over all of my junk because I don't sleep well when DH is gone. Plus, I was running all three of our home businesses while he was gone - my printing business, his book sales, and our photography business. And I was handling all the things that came up concerning the sale of our old house. I just didn't have time to post!

But he's home now. We all slept quite well this weekend and now things are pretty much back to normal - well, as normal as they ever get!!

We're supposed to sign papers on the old house on Friday!! That will be a relief!

Nothing to report on the diet scene. I was NOT a good girl while DH was gone. Not so much what I ate as what I didn't. But we're all back on track now. I'm sure my WI this week will not be pretty, but I need to go and survey the damage so I can start the clean-up!!!

Have a great day!!

JLem311
02-25-2008, 01:05 PM
just thought i'd check in and say hi to everyone.
flying out to NC on thurs-mon to see friends. :)
haven't heard from DH in almost 2wks. :(
still hanging in there though.

Mama Nicole
02-25-2008, 01:24 PM
Jillian........hello :) You look so pretty in your avatar!!!

Felicia.......glad you are back. I have a lot of trouble when DH is away on business too. I feel your pain, although my DH is never gone for more than a week......so I guess I am pretty lucky :) Get right back on the horse, girl.........taking care of you is just as important as taking care of your kids and all that other stuff you do so well :)
XOXO

ferrarimomof2
02-25-2008, 01:43 PM
Kim- Good morning and I agree this is going to be a great week.

Katy- I hope you get to hear from your DH soon. I know what you are going through. My DH left on Friday morning for Malaysia for 3 weeks. It is hard to not get to talk to him because it is day when it is night here and vice versa. I hope that he is not going to be gone for too long. I have been trying very hard to keep myself busy over the weekend. I clean the house a lot and go visit family. I have been pretty good about eating. You will get back on track. I even decided to go use my gym membership this morning. It is amazing how a Body Flow ( yoga, Thai chi, and Pilates) can relax you. Have a great day.

Starofsorrow- I would love to take a photography class. I just can’t seem to find the time to fit it in.

Nicole- Good luck with WW. I hope that you find a program that does what you need it to do. I hope you are going to still post on this forum. We would miss you if you went away.

Katie- Good Luck to you with calorie counting. I don’t think I could do that by myself.

Debbie- You will get that 2 lbs back off . Just keep looking forward.

Tuesday – Don’t be too hard on yourself. At least you still fit in your size 12’s, you know you could have been so bad that they didn’t fit. I am glad to hear that you are recommitting today. You can do this.

Erin- Keep up the positive attitude and trying to get all your food in and you will do great.

Dan- I hope you have a safe trip.

Amy- Sorry, the cabin is causing you stress.

Paula- congrats on the 1 lb lose.

Barbara- I am sorry that you are so sore from laying tile. I want to put new tile down in my house. However, that is definitely one job that I will contract out. Have fun on the ski trip.

Felicia- I am glad that your DH is back home. I know it is hard doing the single parent thing when your hubby is not home. Here’s to getting back on plan and a great week.

Jillian- Have fun on your trip and I hope you get to hear from DH soon
To anyone that I missed- Have a POP day and I’ll try to catch you later.

Well, I went to WI this morning and I was down a little over a pound. So, hopefully I broke through that plateau. I exercised this morning and I am fixing to clean this house. I am expecting a lose on Wednesday as well. My DH and other people keep telling me I get what I expect. So, I am trying this out. Everyone have a great day.

cecil
02-25-2008, 01:52 PM
Great positive attitude Dionne! So true speak positively and you will get positive results! Words to live by!

Hi to everyone else! I was up a little bit from sat. Oh well hopefully I will be down on Wed. I went Cross counrty skiing sat. It was an experience. I will leave it at that. Although the day was beautiful it was actually like 30 degrees out! Exciting!

JAYAGODDESS
02-25-2008, 01:53 PM
Hi everyone, I just thought I would join in if I may.... how is everyone doing today?

Repo girl
02-25-2008, 02:04 PM
Of course you may!

I am sitting the computer killing time while I wait for my DC kids to go to sleep. All of the babies are out, the toddlers are barely hanging on! I soooo love nap time! I can get this whole house asleep for 2 hours most days. 2 marvelous hours of internet, lunch, TV, books. Yeah, it rules.

JAYAGODDESS
02-25-2008, 02:27 PM
I am at work, keeping a food log, and trying to be really good today. oh and I am working too... hehehe.. :) So what does the week challenge contain of? Like do we log our days or calorie intake ..?? Just curious.....

Mama Nicole
02-25-2008, 02:39 PM
Katie.......I remember those nap times :) I felt like a goddess.......living in the lap of luxury!!! :)

starofsorrow
02-25-2008, 06:17 PM
Ferrari - it is definitely fun, but damn, it's pricey! I'm in traditional photography, which basically means I have to process my own film, print them, and frame them. Whew.

I went to the LAWL center today (yeah, they're still open!). I got some uhm, LA Lites (a variety pack,I'm guessing they want me to try some to see if I like it), and I also got some carb trim stuff, and a food scale! Yay, food scale! I've been trying to figure out if I should go ahead and buy one or just wait for money.

Although the scale said I was back at my original weight...gah. I did talk to the counselor and told her about my problems over the past weekend, and she said it was all right, just keep focusing on eating better and the like, so I'm feeling good about the rest of the week! I'm supposed to go back on Wednesday to weigh in, I guess, and talk to her again. =)

Repo girl
02-25-2008, 09:57 PM
Hi everyone! I counted calories today using fitday, and I did AWESOME!!! I stayed a little under my allotment for the day.

Have a good night everyone!!!

michie
02-26-2008, 12:22 AM
good evening everyone!

i'm not the type to whine and complain, but i worked for 15 hours straight today! i just don't know when to stop! lol... so i am exhausted! thought i'd poke my little head in here anyway to say that you are all fabulous and i wouldn't be able to do this w/o you! hope everyone has a POP day tomorrow! g'night!

amylou7777
02-26-2008, 12:42 AM
Hi guys! It's been a busy day...just got home. Wanted to say hi!

Cecil-you and dbf look so cute!
Michelle-WOW-you look awesome!

GrandmaCindy
02-26-2008, 07:28 AM
Good Morning! Hope everyone has a good POP, WW, or calorie counting day. As long as we help motivate and inspire, doesn't matter how! Glad to see some renewed commitment and attitude adjusting ... just what I needed. As I've heard so many of you say, I'm wrestling with the same pound or two going on a month now. Spring is coming (it is, isn't it?) and with the better weather, hopely a fresh and better attitude and resolve for me as we get closer to weather where I can't hide in my sweats!! Here's to good eating and good losses for all! Cindy

Dan2112
02-26-2008, 08:40 AM
Hey gang...

Just checkin' in before I head out for the day.. Hopefully we'll sell a bunch of trees and I won't have to take any back with me tomorrow!

There's a big pork chop luncheon today, but I'm going to avoid it.. They are really good, but they also come with a bunch of sides that I can't eat, so it's really not worth the 12 bucks for me... So I'll just hop up the street to the nearby Sonic and grab a salad, I think..

We have a reception tonight and food should be pretty good, if a bit off plan.. but the good news is that there's a few good places I can get an on-plan meal around town, so I should be ok...

Much to my suprise/dismay (I can't figure out which one yet), Holiday Inn Express now has a "hot" breakfast bar, including eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, etc... They have yogurt, but it's not non-fat, so I'll have to seek my dairy elsewhere... I had a plate of eggs and a biscuit (with a dab of gravy, just a dab).. Luckily I'm not easily seduced by cinnimon rolls, because they have those too.. ACK!!!!

Talk to you all this evening!

bradleys mom
02-26-2008, 10:12 AM
Hey everyone!! Sorry I have been away for so long. I have been off plan for over a week! I was up 3.8 at COD yesterday.. I am trying to be back on track today.

So I am really not supposed to spill these beans yet...but I cant help it...

DH and I are TTC (trying to conceive) again!!! We decided last week that we are ready for number 2! So I quit BC and started charting my cycle to try to catch that egg! Anybody have any advice?

Debbie24
02-26-2008, 11:09 AM
Morning

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing.

Michie - love the new avatar

Dan - Man do you face some serious temptations everyday. Cinnamon rolls mmm.....

Kimberly - Congrats on TTC. My advice is not to obsess about it and try to relax and just let it happen. Hopefully it will happen soon for you. I think we're going to start for #4 in the end of July-August. It never fails, as soon as i get close to goal we TTC but this will be our last. Oh one other piece of advice is dont forget all you've learned about eating right. I know being preggo we think its time to let loose and eat whatever. You should only take that to a point because i'm sure you dont want to be like me and gain 55lbs. oh how i regret that, i definitely could have taken it slower but since i lost weight with my 1st 2 kids i thought it would be the same but nope, looks like when you are smaller to begin with the baby weight stays on. Needless to say i wont be going all out if/when i get preggo later this year. GL.

Hope everyone has a POP day!

Repo girl
02-26-2008, 11:28 AM
Morning everyone!

Dan- Have a fun day!

Kimberly- I am with Debbie, don't obsess about it, and it will happen. Good luck!!!

Cindy- I am thinking about summer clothes too. No worries, we will be smokin hot!

Amy, Nicole, Michelle, Cecilia, Kim, Dionne, Felica, Barb, Tina, Jillian, Paula, Amy, Erin, Star, Tuesday, Katy, and everyone else, COME OUT AND PLAY! We used to log close to 500 posts per week around here, lets get back to it! Speak your minds people! We want to hear it all!

aguerin
02-26-2008, 11:31 AM
O.K. So I have decided that I am officially depressed. I can't stay focused on this diet. I keep having my little cheats or big ones. That is obvious by the scale (up to 149.6) this a.m. I am trying to do the TO today, but I know that once I complete it, I will just hop back on the cheat wagon the next few days. I have started a cycle.

Congrats Kimberly on the TTC. Don't expect it to take as long as the first one did. Mine was 3 days. Was expecting at least a month. Didn't happen.

starofsorrow
02-26-2008, 11:41 AM
Still around! =)

Just still trying to get used to the new lifestyle and the like. I'm also very sleepy at this moment because I've only gotten about three or four hours of sleep. Yay for college life?

Talked to someone about 3fc.com, and told her she should check it out too, she's trying to lose weight as well. So I'm kinda waiting for her to pop up anytime in one of the forums!

I got my first box of LA Lites yesterday! They're pretty good> I'll look into ordering more (but not bulk orders.....I simply cannot afford that. :D))

Uhmmmm, not too sure what else to say!

michie
02-26-2008, 12:03 PM
Morning ladies and Dan!

Amy and Debbie- Thank you! I really like that picture too... i love taking pictures of myself now! Ha!

Katy- Seriously... we used to have 3 pages by late monday morning! Oh responsibilities... you ruin everything!

Kim- That is soooooo exciting! TTC counts as cardio, right???

Cindy- I forget where you are, but it's starting to look like spring here in SD! We'll have a high of 80 degrees inland today. Yay! Hope you can stay warm and POP!

Dan- Biscuits & gravy... I'd be about 10 pounds heavier right now if I were you!

star- Oh college life... and working full time.. I hardly have time to think! Good luck finding a way to balance everything. That was one of my biggest challenges in the beginning.

Just got home from COD and I weighed in at 222.2! :carrot: I was so happy to see that number! Maybe it's because I'm taking their supplements now? But I refuse to believe they work... i need to be convinced. So I'm staying POP today and working out... maybe I can see that mean ol' scale move some more this week! Eek! Good luck to all of you... have a POP day and know that you can do this! Later!

JLem311
02-26-2008, 01:21 PM
just a quick check in to say hi. got a few things to do yet today...so i doubt i'll be on later.
hope everyone is having a good day.

BarbaraB
02-26-2008, 01:23 PM
Amy, You can do this... Don't be depressed! Try to think positive that you can do it instead of negatively thinking that you will cheat. Sure we all sometimes eat something off plan, but that doesn't mean that we are destined to always eat poorly. Just treat yourself well and take at least as good of care of yourself as you would one of your kids... You most likely would stop them from living off from bad foods and try to talk them into eating the veggies. Do the same for yourself.

Michie, I love that new picture. I think your face is looking thinner! Congrats on seeing the scale move down! What is it now about 25 pounds? That is great.

Kimberly, how exciting! Would this be your second child?

Today I'm going skiing and there will be wall to wall food, and I know I will be burning off a lot of it, so I will eat some of it... Just hard to know how to handle days like today. The advice that they gave me at the center is the hardest thing to follow, as they said eat more veggies and protein if you have a day where you are burning a ton of calories... which when I was going backpacking was just silly advice. Did they think I was going to be packing lettuce? I think skiing burns around 600 calories per hour, and if you go and ski for 4-5 hours, well that really adds up to some extra, so I don't think sticking with 1500 calories is good.

Repo girl
02-26-2008, 01:49 PM
Barbara- Have fun skiing. If I were you I would eat what you want. Burning calories like that could put your body into starvation mode if you are not eating enough.

Amy- Are we long lost twins? You are doing exactly what I am doing. Good, then really bad, then good for a minute or two. No longer, though. I am being good all the time, and I mean it!

Michelle- I think your face definitley looks thinner. Great job with your losses!

Jillian- Have a nice day.

Star- I don't envy your schedule at all. Look at it this way though, the more you stay on plan and eat right, the more pounds you will drop and the more energy you will have. Pretty great, right?

I am just waiting for the last of my kids to fall asleep so that I can make a taco salad for lunch. I have had such tired kids today that I am really hoping for a very long nap time today. Dare to dream baby, dare to dream!

Katy66
02-26-2008, 02:07 PM
Hey gang, sorry I have been so absent...this whole work thing is really interfering with my posting:comp::joker:

I did hear from DH yesterday. He is safe and sound in South Korea.

I'm managing to stay semi on plan and it appears the scale is moving down but still haven't been to COD. That is more like a chore these days than something to motivate me. If I didn't have bars left I would probably stop going all together. Oh, and I'm out of bars at home so I have to go this week.

Nicole - I've been contemplating WW myself but probably after I reach my goal weight. Just seems like WW for maintenance might be more realistic for my lifestyle. Of course maybe my body needs a change now to start losing again.

Jillian - good to see you and I feel like such a whiner complaining about not hearing from DH when you go weeks at a time without hearing from yours. I've had only a taste of what you go through but now understand just how lonely it can be. We aren't the same but you keep posting girl and we will do our best to keep you company:hug: Enjoy your trip to NC!

Amy - Building can be a real pain...it is always hurry up and wait.

Katie - How is the calorie counting going? What did you use to determine the calories you need?

Kimberly - Congratulations on TTC:congrat: That is so exciting. Will you stay on plan until you conceive? I must say while I was pregnant I ate healthier than any other time I can remember...except maybe for now.

Dan - Sounds like you've got to dieter's **** with the breakfast buffet:hungry: Good luck avoiding it!

Can't remember who said it but I think winter does have something to do with my slow down...I'm much less active and crave those comfort foods. Spring is coming so lets get motivated!!!:cheer::grouphug:

Better run, once again work calls:spin:

MomOfThreeTeens
02-26-2008, 02:12 PM
Good afternoon everybody!!!

I LOVE seeing the new pictures when they crop up! Its great to see the changes in peoples faces. I told a woman one time who commented on my face getting slimmer that it was my butt that I wanted smaller, to heck with my face! LOL

Kimberly-Ever tried a basal thermometer? I used one with my second son, was pregnant the first month I started using it.

All's well on the diet front, decided to do a few days really limiting my carb intake. When I have a binge thats the only way to fight it, to cut them out. So for a few days I'm doing veggies and lean protein. It usually gets me out of my funk! :::crossing fingers:::

Everybody hang in there, we can do this!! Bathing suit season is right around the corner. That should be motivation right? LOL

starofsorrow
02-26-2008, 02:20 PM
Repo - indeed! =) Another upside....this is my last semester. I'm graduating in May, and I don't anticipate me going to school again for at least a year! =) I can't wait.

Day's been slow so far.... only 40 more minutes till I get off work, yay! So sleepy and tired....nap is defnitely in my plan today!

Mama Nicole
02-26-2008, 02:31 PM
Good afternoon ladies and Dan. Hey, where are you hiding Liz lately?

I did very good yesterday......and then DH and I met one of his work buddies for dinner at the new casino downtown St. Louis....and it was a buffet....and that's all I have to say about that. :) Other than that.......the day was pretty ok, and today is great so far. One of my friends came over this a.m. with her kids......so this is the first time I have been online today.

DD starts a new job at McDonald's today. I am happy for her, and I think she will enjoy the fast pace of it. She bores easily :) I have to run her at 3:00 and try to figure out how I am going to pick up DS from school and all that fun. I need a clone.

I made a wonderful pot of veggie soup today. It has carrots, celery, diced tomatoes, green beans, corn, onion, garlic, chicken broth, salt, pepper, basil and oregano in it. I jsut guessed on all the amounts. I did saute the celery, carrots, onion and garlic in a bit of olive oil for about 5 or 10 minutes before adding them to the chicken broth. I saw a recipe that did that....so I figured I'd give it a try. It is really yummy!!!! I plan on eating it for dinner too :)

Ok, I really have to get some work done today. I am so tired lately. I just hate it. I am really hoping that after I stay eating healthy for a few more days I will feel better. I think the lack of sunshine is also part of it.

I really miss Joni here.....and Kristen......and Cassi.......and Pearl.......and Deb........and so man others.....

Have a good one everyone :)
XOXO

JLem311
02-26-2008, 04:42 PM
nicole--i make soup like that, but i use veggie broth instead of chicken and i add tons of other stuff too..low sodium v8, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, green beans, cabbage, tomato paste, corn and lentils and tons of cayenne pepper. (so it's pretty much tomato based instead of broth based)

it's what i've been eating since november when DH left. it's been my staple pretty much.. it's got veggies and protein (lentils are a good source of protein/fiber/starch)
it's wonderful. i make a huge batch every few weeks and freeze it into individual bowls and then freeze them.

bradleys mom
02-26-2008, 04:53 PM
LOL @ TTC counting as Cardio.....

Kim, I am using a basal thermometer, and OPK's (Ovulation predictor kits). I am hopeing to have another (Yes my second Barbara!) by the end of 08!

MomOfThreeTeens
02-26-2008, 05:07 PM
Good luck Kimberly!!!

Debbie24
02-26-2008, 10:01 PM
OMG what a heartbreaking TBL tonight. I hated to see that person go. I so wanted the other team to lose, they are so annoying. Ugh!

Anyway have a good night everyone.

Dan2112
02-27-2008, 12:15 AM
Hey gang..

Some serious news today.. Seems as though Liz's mom suffered some kind of heart attack and is being flown to Lubbock, TX at this moment.. They have a top notch heart facility there, so she's in good hands... Liz dropped everything and drove down to Roswell at my urging and is flying with her mom.. Her dad will follow tomorrow, once he's got his business in order. On the bright side, Liz's mom is awake and alert and cracking smart *** jokes as usual..

My mom has the kids and I'll be getting home tomorrow as soon as I can, but I'm somewhat hamstrung as I'm in a state-owned vehicle and can't cross state lines, even though Lubbock is only an hour and a half away from where I am right now. Best that I get home and deal with the kids and try to keep everything going as normal as possible. My daughter is pretty upset about this, as she's very sensitive to this sort of thing... The fact that MIL seems to be stable and doing better makes this easier to take at the moment..

She's been "out of sorts" for a while, so I think, in reality, this event is a good thing in disguise as the doctors will have some idea as to what's wrong with her. Or at least that's my hope.

As always, prayers and positive thoughts are appreciated..

Amy.. Quit screwing around and commit yourself to getting back on track.. We all have our periods of little (and big) cheats and we have no choice but to get them out of our systems and get back to living the good lifestyle..

I think that like life, this "diet" has it's up days and downers... But we have to be careful about getting back to eating crappy full time.. Thanks to months of living well, our bodies can bounce back faster when we deviate off plan once in a while.. That said, we will never have "carte blanc" to start eating everything that presents itself to us.. While the dab of gravy and biscuit I ate this morning isn't "on plan" I know my body can deal with it.. If the scale goes up for a couple of days, so be it.. I have have the power and the physical ability to get it back down again.. YOU CAN DO IT!

aguerin
02-27-2008, 08:28 AM
Thanks for the kind and motivating words. I did a similar to TO yesterday and today I feel alot better and a lot more focused. I think those starches kidnap our minds and take over our bodies. LOL Its also not helping that there is not a log going on a work for the past few days and its DREARY here.

Sorry to hear about your MIL Dan. I will keep her in my prayers.

We had some snow here this morning so the schools are going to start 2 hours late. We get so excited when stuff like this happens.

Good Luck today Chickies -Its Wednesday!

Repo girl
02-27-2008, 08:57 AM
Wow Dan, I will for sure keep your family in my thoughts!

green0923
02-27-2008, 09:58 AM
Hi, everyone! I'm trying to keep caught up with the posts, but life (or should I say work?) is getting in the way! How dare I actually have to spend time on work at work, instead of of browsing the boards and chit-chatting? :)

So, I'll do my best to remember what I read. If I miss anyone, I'll do better next time!

Amy, you can do this! I can so relate, but you are so close to goal! I'm sure you can taste it! Do this for yourself ... and do it for all of us too -- show us it can be done :) (no pressure, just thought a little guilt might help -- it helps me! :))

Dan, I'm so sorry about your MIL! I think you were right to urge Liz to go with her. We'll keep you in our prayers!

Debbie, I'm not a huge watcher of this season -- though I did see bits and pieces last night. I thought those 4 in Vegas were so cute!

Kimberly, good luck on TTC! DH and I have talked about it. My little one turns 3 on Monday (and I have a 5 year old). So we are in a place where we need to decide. But I want to get much closer to goal before we start. My advice is like everyone else. Relax ... have fun trying ... and let nature take its course!

Katie, thanks for the urging to come out and play! I'll try to do better about keeping up. I need the motivation from all of you ladies.

Stars, the bars are expensive -- but good. My favorite are the double chocolate. Chocolate crunch is also really good. Cookie dough, peanut butter are also good. Lemon is okay -- something a little different to throw in the mix. I didn't like coconut, and I haven't tried the honey nougat. I have also tried the luna bars which have comparable ingredients. But what I like about the LA bars is that they are covered in chocolate and just FEEL like a candy bar. My DH bought some protein bars this weekend for less than $1 each. I can't remember the brand, but they are good -- they are also chocolate covered. If i remember I'll look tonight and let you know what the brand is.

Happy Hump Day, everyone!

Mama Nicole
02-27-2008, 10:48 AM
Dan....I must have been feeling some crazy vibes yesterday, as I thought of Liz a few times throughout the day. When you talk to her, let her know we are all thinking of her :)

Good morning eveyone :) I actually stayed OP yesterday......and boy, did it feel good :). I highly recommend it.

Do you guys remember Julie Marie? Man, I miss her wit. Hi JM if you are reading this!!!

Ok, off to get my boys in order, I can hear them going crazy in their bedroom, starting off todays session of WWF. It is such an adventure raising boys.........:lol:.

Have a great day everyone :)
XOXO

JLem311
02-27-2008, 11:27 AM
hey everyone. just popping in quick for the day and probably until after i get back from NC. i should be packing, but i'm feeling a bit lazy and procrastinating is what i do best before a trip. :)
so..yeah. that's about it. i worked for a few hours this morning too, so i'm a bit tired. gonna try to get a nap in today too..not sure if i will though.
going to be staying at a friends house while i'm in NC, and they know i'm vegetarian..so hopefully the food won't be too terribly off plan..and if it is..so be it. i'm not too worried about it these days. if i gain a little while i'm gone, i know it'll come off as soon as i get back. but i usually end up losing about 3-4lbs while i'm on any vacation..so that's what i'm hoping for.

ok. i hope everyone has a great day and rest of the week. it's dh's bday tomorrow and mine in a week and a half..wish i could call him, but i know that won't be happening for a while. :( oh well. i can't even send him mail right now because he's in between bases right now..boo! makes me a bit more than sad, but i'm trying to keep my head up and stay strong. ah..military life. gotta love it.
ok..gonna go and possibly start packing!

starofsorrow
02-27-2008, 12:20 PM
Kimberly - Good luck!!!

Dan - I'm sorry to hear about your MIL. At least she seems to be stable at the moment, right? =) I hope she'll recover quickly, though!

green - If you get that brand, that'd be fanastic!!! I'm going to be talking to the counselor today about purchaing some more. I thought the coconut one was really good for some odd reason. I'm leery of the lemon flavored one, though....I HATE lemon with a passion. I'll try it regardless, just that it's not a favorite of mine! Peanut butter's pretty good, chocolate chip cookie dough was kinda oddish, but that's probably because it was my first time eating that. Overall, I did like the bars. =)

Today is Wednesday...which means that I have no more classes for the week! YAY!!!! I'm gonna be quite busy all weekend, though! I'm gonna stick with the plan, and be more careful with what I eat, for sure. =)

Happy Hump day, everyone!!!

bayoubelle68
02-27-2008, 12:38 PM
Hey, guys. DS started karate last night and LOVED it! It will be really good for him as far as teaching him some discipline. So that's Tuesdays and Thursdays for his karate and Wednesdays for DD's dance...whew! I'm glad DS decided not to play baseball this season!

Our event photography business is entering its busy season since there will be lots of races, triathlons, marathons, and little league games coming up. Those are what we shoot the most of. For my portrait business, I also have scads of senior portrait sessions booked as well as several children's sessions to be taken while the daffodils are blooming. There's a local field full of them where we'll go for those. All that to say, we're about to get BUSY!! But it's exciting, too - especially the portrait stuff. That's where I get to be creative and have fun!

Dan - your family is in my prayers. Please tell Liz that we are all thinking of her!

DD has finally learned to spell her name out loud - hey, it's a long one so it took us a while! She's such a mess. Yesterday on the way into daycare, she stopped everyone she met and said, "Hey, listen! ELI...ZAB..ETH! That's me! Can you believe it??" She cracks me up. She will be here at my school next year for PreK. I've already started apologizing to everybody! The school will never be the same again!

cecil
02-27-2008, 12:52 PM
Hi Ladies and Dan,

Just stopping by quick to say hi! Hope all is well with Everyone!
Dan my thoughts and prayers are with your family.
Michelle love the new Avatar very pretty!
Not much time for personals I will try later....
Stay POP all you Popstars!
PS. I am finally back down to 179.6
NSV ALERT! I fit into all my old pants! That was one of the reasons that I joined LA. When they asked what my reasons were! OMG! I was sooo happy I was litterally walking around my room trying on every pair of pants in my closet and grinning from ear to ear! YEAH ME!

Debbie24
02-27-2008, 01:44 PM
Felicia - how old are your kids? I wanted to start Ryan in karate this year but i think he's still a bit young at 4. I was thinking we'll do swimming again this summer and then next year start karate. He also learned how to spell his name last month but its a short one so he got it pretty quick.

BarbaraB
02-27-2008, 04:00 PM
Felicia, My DD is Elizabeth too... When she was young we called her Beth or when she was in trouble Elizabeth. So when she got mad at her dad when she was little she called him Elizadaddy. It still cracks me up that she figured you just added Eliza to someone's name when you were trying to get their attention. There was a time when she went by Lizzie, and her friends called her Lizzy Borden, and I was called Lizzy Borden's mother by her friends, which I found troubling.... Now she tends to be just Liz...

Katie, I did eat just all sorts of extra food yesterday when I went skiing. I didn't have any drinks although just about everyone else was ordering all sorts of interesting things from the bar. I liked the names of the Naked Snow Bunny and Sex in the Snow... So today I feel bloated since I think that all had a ton of salt in it, so lots of water today, back to spin cycling class this morning, and give me a few days and I will be back down to normal. Sometimes it feels like being On Plan is like base was in childhood games... the weight can't get me as long as I get back on plan... even though I ran wild through the food yesterday.

Cecilia... How great to put on your old pants and to be under 180 again! Fantastic!

starofsorrow
02-28-2008, 01:22 AM
Just popped in for a quickie.....I weighed in today at LAWL. I lost 3.2 pounds!!! Since Monday!!!! :D

zambejaly5
02-28-2008, 07:48 AM
I took DH in at about 8 last night. He was really sick about 4 weeks ago. he had a temp of 103 for almost two days. but no other symptoms, then he just had a pain in his chest for the longest time. He said it felt like an ape was sitting on his chest and it hurt to breath. finally about a week after the fever he went to the Dr. and he said that DH had the flu and gave him a shot and some pills. but even after the pills were gone he still had the pain in his chest plus he has been having night sweats something awful all of a sudden he is just completely soaked like he was thrown in the lake. He floods the bed or complete drenches his clothes. Amber had a scrimmage game last night, so we went and sat on the cold bleachers, after that he just couldnt get warm so he went in to take a bath and when he took his clothes off he was covered from head to toe with weird big read bumps, some of them with a oozy head to them. So I called the 24 hour nurse on our insurance card and talked with her for a while. at first she wanted me to call 911 and have an ambulance come, which I thought was kinda of silly, to put up with the symptoms for 4 weeks and then not even drive the 7 miles to the hospital ourselves. so finally she said ok, but get him in tonight. So we went into the ER and they pushed him in ahead of everyone else, ran an EKG, Chest Xray, blood work, urine test, etc, etc..... everything came back normal. at 12:30 the Dr. sent in another Dr. and then the two of them went and talked. then Dr. #1 came back in and said that he was 50/50 as to whether to admit him or send him home, so he wanted Dr. #3 to come and break the tie I guess. He said, it should be much longer and he will come in....... well at 2 AM the nurse came in and said, "you know we are keeping you, right?" So I went home at that point. They didn't admit him, they just tucked him in in his ER room. So I came home, got a couple hours sleep and am now getting the kids up and going, then I will go back over to the hospital. I haven't gotten a call yet. so either they haven't been in to see him yet or they are working on him I guess.

I just ran to McDonalds and bought a coffee so that I could break a $20 so that I could send each of the kids with some lunch money today. When I got home I was walking with my coffee in one hand and the cash in the other and my foot got caught on one of the rocks on the walk way up to the house and stayed caught, so I fell flat on my face, well.... on my hands and one knee anyway...... coffee went flying, money went flying....... so now I have two sore wrists and a sore knee and my back is starting to hurt....... all these things and a team of 20+ from our church just left sunday for a mission trip to Honduras, so both our MD Dr.s that go to our church and that we see and our Chiropractor are in Honduras. The ER Dr.s thought that was kinda funny.

more later.........

Repo girl
02-28-2008, 08:35 AM
Oh Lettie, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your DH. So sorry that you are going through this. Let us know anything that we can do, okay?

bayoubelle68
02-28-2008, 09:27 AM
Debbie - DS is 7 and DD is 3. The place where DS goes for karate actually starts teaching kids at 4, but I think that's awfully young. I guess it depends on the kid - as with everything!

Lettie - hope things get better soon! You're in my prayers.

Have a great day, everyone!

Dan2112
02-28-2008, 10:11 AM
Hey all..

Sorry I didn't check in yesterday.. Got home late and just went to bed..

Liz's mom is going home today from the hospital in Lubbock.. She's doing much better. Thank you all for the well wishes and prayers!

Seems she had some kind of artery blockage, but it worked itself out, so they didn't have to do any major procedures on her. Liz will be staying with her folks until Saturday or Sunday.. She appreciates all the good thoughts as well!

Back on track today, now that I'm home.. Didn't stray too far off course while I was away, so I think I'll be in good shape..

Star... Great loss! Keep it up!

Felicia.. My kiddos take Taekwon Do and love it too.. The place they go to starts them off at 4 too, but at that age, it's mostly about developing motor skills and coordination, rather than creating minature lethal weapons. :lol:

Have a great day all!

Debbie24
02-28-2008, 10:18 AM
Morning

So i think there is something seriously going on because on sunday i was 151. something then monday went up to 153. I thought it might be water but i've been chugging and i'm still at 153. Actually 153.2 today so i'm going up. ITs getting pretty frustrating and i'm thinking i'll stay away from the scale until monday. Its just driving me nuts because i havent really done anything to not lose. I'v been feeling a bit crampy since yesterday so maybe af is on the way :(. I havent had AF since i got preggo with DS#3 so i'm dreading it coming back. I just want to whine like a big ol' baby.

Question: Ladies how much are you normally up with AF?

Lettie - whew you are dealing with alot. I hope you & your DH feel better soon.

Felicia - Yep DS is young i think. I dont think he will have the focus to learn karate right now. Hopefully next year because i want him to start when he's young. Your DD is pretty smart learning how to spell her name at 3.

Well hope everyone has a good day today.

amylou7777
02-28-2008, 11:11 AM
unfortunately I've been busier than ever...I'll have to catch up tomorrow!

wanted to say welcome back to Felicia.

Liz and Dan-glad things are looking up for your mother/MIL-sending her get well wishes!!! Keep us posted.

Oh Lettie!! What a horrific story for you. I truly hope that the Drs figure it out soon. I'm sure falling in the rocks with your hands full was just the icing on the cake after such a horrible night. Hang in there and be strong!! Sending you lots of good thoughts and prayers!

Check in later!

krjpy
02-28-2008, 12:33 PM
As for the Martial arts at a young age, my DS started at 4 3/4 years old and he is 8 now and has his Black Belt (got it last May). Depending on where you go and your child, they can do really well. My DS thrived in TKD and I have seen a few others around his age as Black Belts, it really has to do with them and how much they want those belts.:D

BarbaraB
02-28-2008, 12:45 PM
Lettie, that is awful! I hope that your DH is feeling better very soon and it is nothing serious and that your back is just a momentary twinge.

Debbie, When I am PMS I've gained as much as 8 pounds temporarily. Generally it is more in the 3-5 pound range though, but throw a little salt
cravings indulged on top of that, and it really gets scary. I can imagine that
if your hormones are just trying to get the cycles back started that you might see a little weight fluctuation that has nothing to do with what you are eating.

Dan and Liz, Glad that no procedures were needed for the mom (MIL). Hopefully she can do whatever it takes to help prevent further problems.
It just reminds all of us why we are trying so hard to do better, as we don't
want to be on the fast track to the cardiac ward ourselves. I am starting to shift from feeling that going to the gym and focusing a lot of energy on nutrition is not nearly as selfish as not taking care of myself and putting my family through the trauma of rushing me to the hospital years before I should need to go.

Mama Nicole
02-28-2008, 01:17 PM
Hello everyone :)

Lettie.....I wish I could come help you. Sick kids, hospitals, and making the show go on is really tough. How old is DS? You don't think he has the measles or anything like that, do you? I hate those mystery illnesses. It is so scary. I am sure DS will be better soon, he has been fighting for many weeks. It always seems like the rash or spots that go along with any type of infection mark the ending of it......so we will keep our fingers crossed!!! I do wish I could come bring dinner to you family a couple of nights this week and do your laundry though :) :hug:

Ok, I know I have been a total slacker here......but I have to go bring DS to school and then pick DD up. I so feel like a taxi driver. I have got to get DD's car registered so she can drive herself!!!!

Have a good day everyone.....and Felicia.....it is good to have you back :)
and Amylou.........take the time to take care of yourself. :)
XOXO

Mama Nicole
02-28-2008, 01:18 PM
Oh, also, Angie.....WTF are you? :lol:
XOXO

Debbie24
02-28-2008, 02:16 PM
Barbara - wow 8lbs. whew i'm glad its not that much. Well still dont know if it has anything to do with AF but i'm hanging in there.

Kelly - Congrats to your son on his black belt, thats awesome. I'll have a talk with DH and see what he thinks about starting this summer but i'm thinking we're going to start him next summer. He's starting prek this year & i really wanted him to learn some self defense before he started school as we know kids can be rough sometimes and my DS is so passive. By summer he will be 4.5 so maybe we'll be able to start. Thanks for the info.

Dan2112
02-28-2008, 03:01 PM
Lettie..

I missed your post on the last page.. So sorry you're having to deal with all that stressy stuff going on around you, not to mention the physical damage you're getting inflicted with..

I hope things today are getting brighter for you!

Katy66
02-28-2008, 04:01 PM
Hey everyone! Sorry I've been MIA again for a little while. Good news though, I'm down 2lbs from last home WI. Knocking on the door of onderland:)

I've only got 1 week left at COD. Thinking I'm going to cash out my bars and do this on my own and with you guys. Problem is I need to decide when to move to Plan 2..... Need to make some decisions - any thoughts?

Better run, I've got a thing at work to attend. I'll get my wellness award for the year, a $200 gift certificate to the local mall for shopping:) It is a great program. You set your goals at the beginning of the year and receive an award based on achievement. We are paying out over $65,000 this year.

Have a great evening!

cecil
02-28-2008, 04:19 PM
Wow Katy that sounds awesome! I wish my work did that!
I just got the booklet for plan 2 I guess they say when I get to 178 I will change to plan 2. I don't why though? I am sure someone else will chime in!
Great job on the 2 lbs! You too Jillan!

zambejaly5
02-28-2008, 05:26 PM
I have been rattling off what has been going on all day.... to DH's brother and sister..... the pastor.... my
boss, when telling her I wouldn't be in. etc.. that it is getting all to tiresome..... but I will see if I can
remember everything one more time.

I got back to the hospital about 7:30 and DH was still in the ER room. they were about to do a ..... hmmm
medical people help me out here..... they looked at the heart with an ultra sound... then they did a cat scan
of his chest. at noon we finally got the room they had promised. They have placed him in Isolation, until
they can rule out TB. and until they get more tests back. That makes me think he will be there at least 2
days, that is how long it takes to read the TB test. The blood cultures that will tell if there is an infection,
where it is and what kind of anti-biotic will help it..... take 3 days... mean while, DH has melted into a
puddle. I think he has been trying to put one foot in front of the other for so long, that now that he is at the
hospital and has nothing to do but lay there he has completely crashed. His fever spiked again this
morning at 103. but dropped soon after. The red bumps are still there, no bigger, no smaller.... still don't
itch or hurt. Once we were put in the room and admitted. we didn't see much of anybody. I think they
have run all the test they can run and have nothing left to do but refill his IV and wait. I am home for a little
while, have to take DD to piano lessons and then we will run over and see DH, then probably home
after that. Our church school is having their science fair tonight compete with a cheep meal. I think I will
take advantage and feed everyone there. one less meal to worry about. then we will come home early
and try to sleep all night this time. I won't go to work tomorrow either. and hopefully soon we will have
something more to report. My house is already trashed from kids being here more than adults. I am going
to have to kick them into gear before the weekend. We were going to go camping this weekend.... hmmm
guess not.

Thanks for all the well wishes. It means a lot even if it is only "Cyber- Well- Wishs"

Not sure what you can do from Rexburg Katie, but it still means a lot.
(Nicole..... DH not DS) I wish you were closer too......

thanks again all. I will let you know when I know more......

GrandmaCindy
02-28-2008, 07:57 PM
Lettie: I hope you get a diagnosis soon, and that it's something easily solved. Hope you aren't too sore from your fall.

Dan/Liz: Glad things sounded so positive for MIL.

Katy: Sounds like you work at a GREAT place. Congrats on doing all the hard work.

Nicole: How's WW agreeing with you?

Debbie: You've been doing so good ... the mean scale will move soon!

Sounds like we're all in a busy mode ... greetings to everyone else on the run! Cindy

zambejaly5
02-28-2008, 09:09 PM
just saw DH, they found a .....something on his lung.... they want to do a biopsy..... sometime tomorrow. I am exhausted and can't think straight. had 2 1/2 hours sleep last night.

I just want to bring him home and everything be normal.

bradleys mom
02-28-2008, 09:59 PM
Lettie, your in my prayers!!!

DH and I are departing tomorrow morning for Pigeon Forge! Its just gonna be me and him and a heart shaped jacuzzi all weekend! We need this so bad, especially if I am going to be preggers soon! We havent gotten away by ourselves in over a year!!

I have been off plan for a week and a half... Boo... I am not going to say I am staying OP during vacation either.. that would be a big fat lie! lol But I am planning on being very focused starting MONDAY morning! I will try to check in after we get back, sorry I have been MIA!

DS stuck a pebble up his nose Monday night so I had to take him to the doc on tuesday, they think he pushed it back so far that it went down his throat.. LOL What kids wont do!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Repo girl
02-29-2008, 08:48 AM
Oh Lettie, I am sending all of my love.

Mama Nicole
02-29-2008, 12:32 PM
Oh, Lettie......me too :hug:.

BarbaraB
02-29-2008, 12:54 PM
Oh Lettie, Me 3 I guess. Hopefully them finding something means they can find a cure for whatever it is.

Kimberly, I've definitely let my discipline slip this week too. I've let the stress of remodeling the house get to me. I'm thinking of doing a FF over the weekend to get my carb cravings cleared out of my system, since once I eat a little of that stuff, sometimes I have a hard time getting back on plan. You have a great time on a weekend off by yourselves. I think every marriage benefits from spending time to reconnect and remember why you chose that person in the first place.

cecil
02-29-2008, 01:21 PM
Hi Ladies!
Lettie thoughts and Prayers are with your family!

I have a fun weekend ahead can't wait to get on the road and just be there. We are leaving at 2pm Central time. Hopefully we make it within 3 hours I hate being in the car. UGH! Especially with 4 other guys... Not fun. Anyway wish me luck with being OP this weekend. Ha! Have a great POP weekend everyone!

aguerin
02-29-2008, 01:52 PM
Lettie that is soooo Scary. My thoughts and prayers are with you too. Take care of yourself and don't over do it. Good luck with the biopsy results.

Dan Glad MIL is doing better.

Kimberly - Have fun in Pigeon Forge. Those trips will be fewer and farther between once you have 2.

Not much planned for the weekend. Still no progress on my house. Who knew it would take 6 weeks just to get a septic tank approved and put in? The Health Department is killing me with regulations, permits, etc.

Repo girl
02-29-2008, 02:10 PM
Hey everyone! Just keeping crazy busy here, as usual. TGIF though!

Cecilia and Kimberly- Have a wonderful weekend, both of you!

Nicole- What is up with you these days?

KrispieD
02-29-2008, 03:27 PM
Lettie :hug:

Hi everyone
I do still exist but I'm snowed in and on strike from winter. It has been record setting here and as I type we have more snow falling. If this keeps up I'm just going to move to Green Bay to be near my Packers.. if I have to be cold and in the snow I can at least enjoy a town that thrives on winter!
We are good up here in the north. A long winter has worn us down a bit but DH and I are still going to the gym faithfully about 4-5 times a week. The down side for me is that I have barely budged on the scale at all and it is making me crazy! I know that building muscle etc blah blah blah but I still want some weight loss to go with it. Eating 100% POP on exercising and not getting results can be detrimental to one's state of sanity! Okay enough about my sucky mood.. on to the rest of you!

Dan I'm glad to hear your MIL is okay.. what a scare for all of you. Lettie.. just another :hug: and keep us posted.. If I could I would drive and pick Nicole up, we'd bake you an OP cake and come and bring it to your house and give you a hug.

Kimberly enjoy the love tub!

I hope the rest of you are doing well and staying motivated. I barely get on now but when I can I try to read through the posts and catch up.
Keep the faith and keep OP!

Repo girl
02-29-2008, 04:07 PM
Hey Kristen, good to see you around!!!

Repo girl
02-29-2008, 11:11 PM
Wow this is a slow place lately.

Lettie- I hope that things are looking brighter tonight.

Have a great night all!

equinetcan
03-01-2008, 02:34 PM
This place is overly slow this weekend. It is already 330pm here and I am the first to post today. Hope everyone is having a fun weekend since you aren't here!!

Lettie - I am so sorry to hear about your DH - keep us up to date on the info.

Since I started curves almost 2 weeks ago I have lost 2.5 lbs. So at least it is helping. Work is making the eating part difficult as regular eating times through the day have become almost obsolete right now. I have to make sure I take things with me I can eat on the go or while I am on a 3 hour conference call. But I am not doing too badly overall.

I concur with everyone on here about the snow. We had another storm Tuesday night and having another today. Supposed to get - you guessed it - another likely by wednesday of this week. So when we finally do get some Spring I think everyone over here in the east is going to jump for joy - I know I will.

I am going to update my tickers here in a few minutes. Hope evryone has a good weekend!!

Dan2112
03-01-2008, 07:15 PM
Hey gang...

Lettie.. Big hugs from Liz and I... Times like these are a true test.. We're pulling for you..

Liz is now home and zonked on the couch.. She didn't get a lot of sleep while she was gone.. She basically walked in the door, gave us all kisses and hugs, and then passed out on the couch..

MIL is doing better every day, but the healing process will be ongoing, of course.. The good news out of this is that she's basically being forced to quit smoking..

Talk to you all soon!

Katy66
03-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Hey everyone, sorry to hear about all the health issues. Everyone will be in my thoughts and prayers.

My DH returned from South Korea with interesting pics and stories. Glad to have him home:)

Talk to you soon.

whatazoo
03-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Very quiet here... could almost hear a pin drop. Anyway, still being POOP here. just can't shake it. I'm hoping getting back into a normal grove at work will help.
I'm thinking of you that have sick loved ones...

Have a great rest of the weekend everyone.

Dan2112
03-02-2008, 01:23 PM
Hey gang.. Nice quiet Sunday around here.. After a really warm day yesterday, I had hoped to get out in the yard, but it seems that winter has one last gasp for us and it's cold and windy today.. Good thing we got a lot of work done yesterday, or I'd be ticked..

Anyway.. Gives us a chance to clean the house..

Staying on plan today!!!

bradleys mom
03-02-2008, 06:46 PM
Hi everyone!

Dh and I made it back safe and sound! We had a great weekend and ended up staying an extra night! We had to give up the jacuzzi but we spent a lot of tme in the indoor pool!

Tomorrow I am going back to nothing but POPness! I have 2 big exams coming up, an anatomy mid-term, and the Nursing Program entrance exam. I have to get back on track. I would like to lose 10-20 more lbs before I get pregnant (if it doesnt happen this month)

Hope everyone has a good week! And remember, POP!!