South Beach Diet - Monday blues chat

View Full Version : Monday blues chat

Loriann7
02-25-2008, 06:12 AM
HI all, sorry to not peek in through the weekend... busy.

I guess there's a good thing that my son needs a ride into college three or four times a week, keepsme from calling into work on mondays! I REALLY do not want to go in!!!!!!

It was pretty warm, in the 40s yesterday. They are calling for 42 today. All the more reason to stayhome (not).

So diet wise, t his weekend was a bust. I gorged on ice cream. yea, thats right. I suppose that will be one good thing when Joe moves out. No ice cream in da house to gorge on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@

femmecreole
02-25-2008, 06:42 AM
Morning All! A new week of good things to come, right???

Loriann, it's hard (at first) when your kids leave, but after a while it gets easier...and they often come home when they are hungry!!! I freeze leftovers every day for my son who goes to school in another town...that way I KNOW he'll be home to get them!

I just found out this weekend that my daughter is coming home for a visit next month. She will be here for a week. We are so exited as we haven't seen her in almost 8 months. Can't wait. She is already making a list of dinners she wants me to make for her! We are looking forward to a "beauty day" and "shopping day" when she gets here. She was my shopping buddy and it's not as much fun without her.(The boys would rather eat dirt than go shopping with me)

I got a lot done this weekend. Put a lot of hours in working and also got all my old clothes cleaned out of a couple of closets and armoire and have them all bagged up at the door to take to Good Will. yehaa!! Also was able to get a little yard work done in the areas that are not all soggy. Last night we watched the Oscars, but I didn't make it past 10 before my eyes just shut down on me. Off to the fludity bar and then tub to get my day going..

Have a great Monday!!

Spiritmagejkt
02-25-2008, 07:18 AM
I'll probably get my stuff for work today. I am still waiting for the RN exams results. Hope I did okay. I won't be using the scale for the next two weeks. Looks like I've started the water retention thing again. There's not sense in using that thing when THAT starts up. I'm hoping when I'm over the TOM I'll be down to about 240. I want to be 200 by summer. Thats almost a satisfactory goal for me.

175 was my weight in college when I was very active,not only doing sports but teaching them as well. I wandered between 160 and 180. 140 is the lowest of my healthy range I should really try for that. I've not been that low since I was 14. I've put on a couple inches vertically since then too.

NSV this week. I took a bath in a regular bathtub. I've always worried my hips would get stuck. I can get in there comfortably not even touching the sides. I know its silly but I hated that before I also really hated tight chairs.

I hope I hold up on the diet when I start work. My work can be very grueling.

cottagebythesea
02-25-2008, 07:27 AM
Happy back-to-work Monday!

Loriann, it's hard to go back to work on Mondays, you have the entire week facing you. :( Even though I had a nice long weekend, I could use today to just recuperate from it. When will your DS be moving out?

Cat, I bet you are counting down the days til your DD comes home! You two are going to have such a good time shopping and all!

It was nice to wake up this morning without a cat curled up beside me. My DD's cat has taken a real liking to me for some unknown reason. :dizzy: Everytime I visit them, he follows me around and hops on my lap every chance he gets. :dunno:
I have a lot to do this morning before I pick up Maggie. Groceries are #1 priority, and I should do a load of laundry and get some dusting and vacuuming accomplished, too. Back to the old routine.

cottagebythesea
02-25-2008, 07:29 AM
Good morning, Spirit! :)

little chick
02-25-2008, 07:57 AM
Good morning chicks. A quick peck in. I have to take the car in for an oil change this morning. And of course after 3 weeks of having sick kids around me. I am now starting to come down with it. GRRRRR. I have a meeting tonight that I have just cancel. Hope every has a great day.

THINBYJUNE
02-25-2008, 08:02 AM
Good Morning Everyone

:wave: Loriann & Spirit

Femme Have fun shopping with DD. Congratulations on the size 6.

Cottage Have a nice Monday.

LC Feel better.

Me A lot has happened since I last posted. The wedding is back on and I got an official romantic proposal with a ring and all this time. We have narrowed down the house hunt so now itís just a matter of coming up with that pesky down payment ;) I went shopping for new jeans on Saturday and got into a size 10 :woohoo: I havenít lost any weight but I havenít gained any either. That in itself is a victory. But itís a new week and another opportunity to get back on track. Hope everyone else has a great day.

cottagebythesea
02-25-2008, 08:12 AM
LC, I hope you don't get sick! Have some echinachea tea with lemon and honey. You poor girl, it's been a heck of a winter for you, hasn't it? :(

Dawn! :congrat: I so happy for you, and what a beautiful ring!

little chick
02-25-2008, 08:25 AM
Cottage- yes it has been a rotten winter for sickness around here. And I forgot about echineachea tea I going to stop at the store and get some.

Dawn- congrats, your ring is beautiful.

Gotta to dash dd missed the bus. Gonna have to drive her.

Loriann7
02-25-2008, 08:47 AM
femme, enjoy your visit with your daughter!!!!!!!! How exciting! I wish I had a shopping buddy, mine moved to GA! :(. And way to go on the purge of old clothes, what a feeling!!!!!!!!!!

((spirit)) congrats on the nsv of being able to take regular bath!!!! And as for work, a hint? take a 15 min walk on break...

Cottage, glad your enjoying being home. I am facing having to put my cats down. Gideon, 19, is throwing up and Noah is backed up again, he's had this problem since I got him, he's 15 or so.

Joe's hoping to be moving in the next week or two.

Dawn!@ congrats!!

Me: scale down (yes, with my gorging) 2 pounds from over the weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOT!!!!!!!!

beachgal
02-25-2008, 09:43 AM
:wave:

Quick run by--a student just came in for help. Hope everyone had a great weekend! :sunny:

GONNABE165
02-25-2008, 09:51 AM
Good Monday morning!

Hope you have a great day Loriann

Cat that sounds like great times with your daughter

You will do just fine Spirit - just stay focused

Hi Cottage

:getwell: LC

Dawn I love the ring. Congrats on the jeans

As for me dh & I are going grocery shopping after work and then I am thinking of doing some more spare room work & then calling it a night.

Be back in a bit

tomandkara
02-25-2008, 09:58 AM
No, no, not Monday Blues Chat...Move Mountains Monday Chat! I have the motivation to finally tackle that To-Do List that has been haunting me for the past couple weeks. I found the valentines cards that we all signed and addressed to Tom and never mailed (OOPS!) so the girls and I are going to take a nice walk down to the post office this morning. I'm planning that for the time of day when I really want to eat the house, so I'll accomplish both a little exercise and removal from the Den of Temptations. Connor spent the night with my grandparents and had a good sleep, according to the report I heard on the phone this morning. He also had SIX pancakes for breakfast! That kid can eat!

I've got laundry sitting next to me that needs to be started.
I'm going to hook up the webcam so we can try chatting with Tom on-line.
I'm going to enter all of our food receipts for the month into the budget spreadsheet.
I'm going to eat on-plan all day. And be happy about it!

It's a bright, sunny, chilly morning. Perfect for being healthy! Gosh, I haven't been this peppy on the second day of my period in a long time.

Loriann, hope something really wonderful happens at work today to make you excited that you went in!

Cat, have fun planning for your daughter's visit! I can't believe it's been eight months since she moved!

Jen, sounds like your bath was wonderful! I haven't taken a bath in forever.

Linda, glad to hear you had a nice weekend with Monica. I can guess why the cat loved you - you're just so warm and happy!

LC, kick that cold in its behind! Have you tried Zicam?

Dawn, your fingers look positively skinny!!! Congrats on the official engagement and the ring is beautiful!

Gonna, good morning! Have fun at the grocery! I just went last night. I love grocery shopping - although putting the food away once I get home is another story!

Laurie, hope the students give you a break and let you do your "real" work of chatting with us!!!

Well, I'd better start this laundry so I can get going on the rest of my list.

Kara

Kim_Star060404
02-25-2008, 10:36 AM
Hey everyone! Big congrats to Dawn! So busy this morning - 3 days until vacation and I've got to get a move on. Have a great day!

Schmoodle
02-25-2008, 10:41 AM
Good Monday morning chicks!
We had a blast yesterday. I didn't worry about getting things done and just decided to spend the day having fun with the kids. We went and joined the YMCA so we could use the pool there. We checked out the facility and swam for a couple of hours. There's a great fitness center, and racquetball courts, which the kids are excited about trying. There are also lots of interesting exercise classes which are free to members, so I'll have to look those over. We were all pretty beat last night.
I made this stew for dinner, which was quick and very delicious. http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/recipefinder/red-lentil-vegetable-soup-ghk0208?click=recipe_srI'm planning an end-of-month weigh in for Saturday, so I want to behave this week. I'd really love to move that ticker!
Gonna try to catch up on housework today, but also lots of work from being away for two days. I've got to finish up my training in the next three days before it expires. So, a busy week ahead, but I'll be able to work from home all week, so hopefully I can get caught up.

Cat, how exciting that will be to see your daughter! I know you've missed her since she moved.
Spirit, I know you'll see 200 by summer. You've done so well already!
lc, stay healthy girlie! We've missed you!
cottage, kitties always can tell quality people! Monday is vacuuming day for me too. That recipe I posted above is the lentil stew. I really liked it - I'll definitely make it again.
Kara, have an energetic day!
Congrats Dawn! You're ring is gorgeous. So glad things are working out for you!
:wave: Laurie!
LoriAnn, congrats on the 2 lbs!

Hope I didn't miss anyone. Have a great one chicks!

tomandkara
02-25-2008, 11:46 AM
Good luck getting everything ready, Kim! I know you're going to have a great time!

Schmoo, I'm so excited that you found the Y to be such a great place! Swimming always wears me out, too!

I've got the laundry started, the receipts entered, and am depositing checks electronically. Next on the list is the post office!

Kara

cottagebythesea
02-25-2008, 12:06 PM
Schmoodle, thanks for the recipe. If you recommend it, I know it must be good! I think I'll make it for Friday's meatless supper.

Looks like you have a busy day planned, Kara! Enjoy this beautiful morning, I heard rain is moving in for later. Did you find some good shopping deals on Saturday? Monica and I went over to The Container Store, that place is amazing! Then we walked back to the car to find a flat tire! Must have come from all the construction going on there at the mall.

Kim, oooh, only 3 more days to go, huh? I'm jealous. ;) Actually, I have a week's vacation coming up the 2nd week of March while Cindy and her mother take the girls to Florida.

:wave: GONNA and Laurie!

Schmoodle
02-25-2008, 12:06 PM
Kara, I tried the 2 mile High Calorie Burn yesterday, which was definitely a step up from the 1 mile. Today, I'm going to do the 30-minute one. So far, I like them all.

tomandkara
02-25-2008, 12:13 PM
Schmoodle, I think their outfits in the 2 mile High Calorie Burn are my favorite! The pink is cute!

Linda, aren't you all woman - changing a flat tire! Now I have new motivation to get out and about this morning. Thanks for the heads' up on the rain!

Checks are deposited. Now to change the laundry over and then hit the post office!

Kara

beachgal
02-25-2008, 01:51 PM
Okay, I'm back...I'll do my best with personals...might not get through everyone!

Loriann, you might want to try No Sugar Added ice cream if you end up tempted again before he moves out. It's not the best option, but it's better than the sugar ones. If you have cravings, hit P1 again for 3-5 days until they go away.

Cat, congrats on your daughter's visit! That's wonderful! How's your foot/toe?

Spiritmage, congrats on the NSV!!! :cp: That's awesome! Sounds like the first time I sat in an airplane seat and didn't need an extender! :cloud9: Spirit, losing 40 pounds before June...that's really an extreme goal. That's something like 3 pounds a week...it's not only unhealthy, it's pretty unlikely. Please don't set yourself up to be disappointed in yourself--especially over something you couldn't have accomplished no matter how hard you tried, okay? :hug: Be gentle with yourself. You didn't gain this in a couple months and you can't lose it in a couple, either. You know your body much better than I do, so if you really feel this is an achievable goal for you, fine. But if you're picking "200" as your goal just because you want to be there soon rather than because you really think it's achievable, please pick something more possible. When you pick a goal, figure out what you are very likely to lose and then add a couple pounds so that you'll only make it if you stick to the plan. That way, it's still a challenge, but it's one that you are very likely to make, as long as you stick to your plan. Set yourself up for success, okay? :hug:

Cottage, is your DD visiting you or are you visiting her? Snuggling with a kitty is wonderful! :love: I'm so sorry about your flat tire! Did you really change it yourself??? Wow!!!! (I need an "I'm not worthy" smilie!) I love The Container Store... :drool:

LC, I hope you avoid that cold! :hug:

Thin, congrats on the NSV and on the beautiful ring! :love: That's so exciting!!! :yay:

:lol: Kara...yeah, this is definitely my "real" work! ;) Glad you're feeling peppy and getting lots done! Love the walk to the post office! Are you running at all yet? That might be another great way to get out of the house!

Schmoodle, the next town over has an amazing Y...they have great fitness equipment, awesome classes and an incredible pool--the kids' side even has a curly water slide! :fr: The stew looks yummy (I love lentils!)...and easy! :idea: Can you post it in the recipe section when you get a minute? :hug:

Me:
Off to the gym after work tonight. I somehow pulled a big muscle in my back on Saturday morning. It might have been picking up our dog quickly from a bending over position. :p On Saturday night, I did some move it didn't like and sent it into spasms that made me lose my breath! I've never had real back pain before, so this is new and scary for me! I babied it all day yesterday and it wasn't bothering me much by nighttime, but it hurt when I got up today. I'm a little scared that the lack of steady balance on the elliptical might hurt it...I'm going to try holding on to the handlebars the whole time (usually I don't use them) and see. :crossed:

One of my dear friends is having her first baby tomorrow! :bb: The little guy (well, not so little!) was over 9 pounds a couple weeks ago and there's no way he's coming out the normal route, so she's having a c-section tomorrow afternoon. I can't wait to meet him in person and see her being a happy mom!!! :cloud9:

Other than that, not too much going on. Hope everyone has a great day!

tomandkara
02-25-2008, 02:32 PM
Laurie, we had a WONDERFUL walk to the post office! It's hard to run with the two little ones along, so I have to fit in my miles when other people can watch them, but my little running girl is reporting all miles run since the beginning of the year!

Hope your back feels better!

Kara

little chick
02-25-2008, 03:49 PM
Just antoher quickie, I am feeling slightly better, but still stuffy in the nose and I have a huge headache and one little one that will not stop screaming. But I am going for a walk tonight no matter what. I need to get my butt back on track. I am going back to TOPS on wed nights just to weigh in.... hopefully that will help. I have avoided the scales but I think I am maintaining we will see wed night for sure. I ran out of time this morning to go get the tea cottage was telling me about but I will try to remember to pick it up wed night while I am in town. Well gotta to dash and get ready for the kids to have snack and pick up times are starting soon as well. Supper is half way started and I need to decided what we are having with our ham. Have a great night and I will pop in tomorrow.

Spiritmagejkt
02-25-2008, 05:44 PM
Laurie I've been dropping an average of 3-4 lbs a week. I don't know if it will continue. I'm nearly 2 months into this and it hasn't really slowed down except for the TOM when it jumps around a bit. I've not been really that hungry and feel pretty good so I guess its okay.

Also I meant by summer in general rather than June specifically. I'm lower now than I've been in 15 years, I can almost see the light.

SAnativegirl
02-25-2008, 05:51 PM
Hi All-Back from Cancun vacation, it was great!
I think I only gained a pound, husband just a couple.
We snorkled and walked alot. Back on track today.

tkglenn
02-25-2008, 06:03 PM
Hello everyone. My DD had her surgery this morning to put tubes in her ears and her adenoids taken out. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. She's peacefully sleeping right now. I know she uncomfortable because every now and then I'll hear her wimper but she'll go right back to sleep. My poor baby. I know it's for the better though. All I had was half a burrito to eat today. Is a burrito healthy? Well, better run, DD is waking up and crying now.

GONNABE165
02-25-2008, 06:14 PM
Laurie hope your backs okay

SA glad vacation was great

TK glad to hear dd is doing well

Alright I am leaving work & heading to the grocery store I will try to check in later

cottagebythesea
02-25-2008, 09:09 PM
Holy cow, where did you all get the idea that I changed the flat tire? That would have been a real comedy-of-errors, :lol: No, we called our trusty old AAA to come and take care of it. ;) It's a real compliment to me, though, for you all to think I'd be capable of such a thing! :)

Laurie, I took the train over to Monica's on Friday, and she and the girls drove me home yesterday. BTW, she said to tell you "hi!"

tomandkara
02-25-2008, 09:53 PM
Thank goodness for AAA! Any way it happened, glad it got done, Linda!

SA, welcome home! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Tawnya, glad to hear the surgery went well! Healing prayers to your cute little baby girl!

Jen, keep up the great work! You are doing incredibly well!!!

I'm off to find something good and healthy and around 200 calories for my evening snack. I just passed up the donut my father-in-law offered me without a second thought. I don't need that. Alrighty, I'm on a mission!

Kara